FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Classic car members of Fab

Classic car members of Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obb OP   Man  over a year ago

south East / France

So with a vintage car, I am often at various car shows, runs or trials across the country. As I enjoy the sunshine my mind often thinks are there other Fab members that have classic, vintage or veteran cars and if so it would be great to share some information of good shows, car meets or events

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So with a vintage car, I am often at various car shows, runs or trials across the country. As I enjoy the sunshine my mind often thinks are there other Fab members that have classic, vintage or veteran cars and if so it would be great to share some information of good shows, car meets or events"

Use the whos near on your mobile

By *urreymojoCouple  over a year ago

Ascot

We took part in the Brooklands to Brighton classic car run last month..great fun with like minded enthusiasts and even Mike Brewer popped up for a chat..

Normally attend goodwood, Santa pod, silverstone, Peterborough aswell. I’m sure there’s a lot of people from here I walk past everyday ha it would be good to have a little secret wink whilst everyone else around doesn’t have a clue

south East / France

Brooklands to Brighton looked like a good run, was considering doing it, was it well run and good fun to do?

Not vintage, but I have a keen interest in classic vehicles and am often seen around shows either exhibiting or just looking.

By *iesaWoman  over a year ago

Away for Now x

We ( should say He) just invested in a T2 VW, hoping to get some use out of it before summer over, needs a but of TLC for its age 1979 it's not too bad.

By *ee21redMan  over a year ago

Lincs

I’ve got a classic race tuned mini I like to attend shows in

south East / France

So there are some of us car fans out there. Best show I have done were the early carfests. Worse run I have done is London to Brighton in November where it rained from start to finish....I was sitting with a puddle on the inside of my water proofs.

What shows are people attending this weekend? I will be getting car ready for Austin 7 100th the following weekend

By *xxblackcatxxxMan  over a year ago

NEWBURY

I were involved in the early Carfest South events , Done a few London to Brighton runs , & varoius other events, No car events this weekend will be making the most if the sun , So heading to the beach to spend to day naked soaking up the rays

south East / France

What cars do you have?

By *xxblackcatxxxMan  over a year ago

NEWBURY

Non now all gone , divorce lol

Ww11 jeep.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I go to a few classic car shows have a Series 3 landrover , A Austin A 35 & a fordson major

By *talionladMan  over a year ago

surrey and east Yorkshire

I also have a classic car. I live in Surrey south london not fare from brooklands and hoping to find like minded people to take it out on runs etc

By *ishemandonMan  over a year ago

keighley/ morecambe

I am also a classic car and tractor owner , I am also a full time classic bodywork , welding fabrication guy. Happy to help other fabers .

south East / France

Mine are 2 Austin 7s. A special and a big 7.

Ascot

1976 Porsche 911 coupe (sunroof delete) with whale tail..want to change it to a duck tail and poss restomod at some point

"1976 Porsche 911 coupe (sunroof delete) with whale tail..want to change it to a duck tail and poss restomod at some point"

Nice got love a old 911.

What colour?

Ascot

"1976 Porsche 911 coupe (sunroof delete) with whale tail..want to change it to a duck tail and poss restomod at some point

Nice got love a old 911.

What colour? "

Orange

"1976 Porsche 911 coupe (sunroof delete) with whale tail..want to change it to a duck tail and poss restomod at some point

Nice got love a old 911.

What colour?

Orange "

Nice maybe see you guys in it some time not fare from ascot I'm in south London

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'm still restoring mine.. although one is a rolling project....

I tend to get to a lot of the classic events but as a marshal not with my cars.

The trio is a pair of phase 1 916 alfas...one spider, one gtv both just the 2.0 t spark... and a future classic ( so I told myself when I impulsively got it ) a MGF wedgewood edition.

The gtv needs quite a lot of work although it's solid... ( to be fair it's mostly a paint job and a full service and brakes)

Spider needs tidying up rather than loads of work. But will need welding this year or next.

By *bthreeCouple  over a year ago

Yeovil

Mk 2 cortinas, 1s a 3L savage, the other is a 1600E both mid resto, but always at the shows dreaming of the next project

My latest is a 1985 Bedford CF2 autosleeper, I'm just sorting out the mechanicals then it will be a running restoration

Not really into the whole classic car scene I’m more of a modified/JDM kinda guy lol my current cars are

-Sierra sapphire (cossy rep)

-Lexus is200

-mk5 golf

All are heavily modified

south East / France

That is the joy of cars and machinery, we all have our different likes but like swinging it all amounts to suck, squeeze bang blow.

Bridgend

"That is the joy of cars and machinery, we all have our different likes but like swinging it all amounts to suck, squeeze bang blow."

some do like two strokes ! I have got a cane

[Removed by poster at 14/07/22 21:57:04]

"I'm still restoring mine.. although one is a rolling project....

The trio is a pair of phase 1 916 alfas...one spider, one gtv both just the 2.0 t spark... and a future classic ( so I told myself when I impulsively got it ) a MGF wedgewood edition.

The gtv needs quite a lot of work although it's solid... ( to be fair it's mostly a paint job and a full service and brakes)

Spider needs tidying up rather than loads of work. But will need welding this year or next. "

Snap I’ve got a lovely Alfa GTV v6 (916) love Italian cars

By *o scandalousWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I love classic car shows. Used to go to Americana in Newark. Was recently at Thirlestane Castle. There used to be one in Mellerstain.

Had a couple of beauties in my day. 3.0s Capri in silver was my favourite.

Spider needs tidying up rather than loads of work. But will need welding this year or next.

Snap I’ve got a lovely Alfa GTV v6 (916) love Italian cars "

I sadly only have 2.0 t sparks but do love the alfa v6... have had a 156 v6

By *alkdirty2meCouple  over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

One or two old Italian stallions, one or two old Detroit classics, one or two raging bulls, one or two German precision machines, one or two old English gents and a handful of bikes

Last count was 114 vehicles, all currently undergoing some form of restoration

south East / France

That must be one large garage.... sounds like a museum and demonstration of skilled restoration

Love the Italian cars. I've been very lucky growing up having 3 excellent cars in the family. Pm if you want to chat petrol

Last message for talk dirty to me

I'm always at car events. Usually oulton park

"That must be one large garage.... sounds like a museum and demonstration of skilled restoration "

Neither lol, it's an old raf hanger and a few other lock ups, as for the skills, it's all self taught after being constantly let down by people who didn't want my money, so now learning as I go and making the odd mistake but absolutely loving it

"Love the Italian cars. I've been very lucky growing up having 3 excellent cars in the family. Pm if you want to chat petrol "

Thanks, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point at a car event

"Love the Italian cars. I've been very lucky growing up having 3 excellent cars in the family. Pm if you want to chat petrol

Thanks, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point at a car event "

Tried messaging you but can't. I've had interesting cars in family and good knowledge if you want to chat. Prancing horses and bull

"One or two old Italian stallions, one or two old Detroit classics, one or two raging bulls, one or two German precision machines, one or two old English gents and a handful of bikes

Last count was 114 vehicles, all currently undergoing some form of restoration"

sounds like heaven... do you do tours..

"One or two old Italian stallions, one or two old Detroit classics, one or two raging bulls, one or two German precision machines, one or two old English gents and a handful of bikes

Last count was 114 vehicles, all currently undergoing some form of restoration sounds like heaven... do you do tours.. "

I have taken a few of them to the continent, but now they are all in storage awaiting a little tlc, a few could just come straight back onto the road as they sit but I'd prefer to have them as near perfect as possible before that happens.

A couple of days work on some, months on others, years on a few, I'll get there with them though

Any shows on in tyne and wear anytime soon where i may be able to say hello to a few of you and see what a classic owner feels like! Lol

By *eff..Man  over a year ago

belfast

"We took part in the Brooklands to Brighton classic car run last month..great fun with like minded enthusiasts and even Mike Brewer popped up for a chat.."

You’ve got a deal old out yer anddddd

By *pringbok72Man  over a year ago

Horsham

Snap I’ve got a lovely Alfa GTV v6 (916) love Italian cars "

Snap (sort of) as I have a future classic 156 GTA Sportwagon

Ascot

"We took part in the Brooklands to Brighton classic car run last month..great fun with like minded enthusiasts and even Mike Brewer popped up for a chat..

You’ve got a deal old out yer anddddd"

Any classic car owners/ shows near Tyneside and fab members?

Snap (sort of) as I have a future classic 156 GTA Sportwagon "

oh very nice. I had a v6 156 saloon as my first alfa

Snap (sort of) as I have a future classic 156 GTA Sportwagon oh very nice. I had a v6 156 saloon as my first alfa "

Loving all the chat about Alfa's, I've had a few myself, first one was a 33 sportwagon 1.7 flat four, then a wide body 155 with a 2.5 v6, a FWD spider then a 147 both with the lovely 2.0 twin spark

Horsham

[Removed by poster at 17/07/22 22:06:16]

Horsham

I also had a 155 v6 prior to my current one, and must say, impressive collection you had

By *SuperbMan  over a year ago

now in Germany

Hello all

MG TC

Jensen Interceptor and 541

Defender (is that classic?!)

It’s great fun owning them.

Snap (sort of) as I have a future classic 156 GTA Sportwagon oh very nice. I had a v6 156 saloon as my first alfa

Loving all the chat about Alfa's, I've had a few myself, first one was a 33 sportwagon 1.7 flat four, then a wide body 155 with a 2.5 v6, a FWD spider then a 147 both with the lovely 2.0 twin spark "

very nice.. its the wide body 155 that sparked my alfa obsession ..and the v6 alfa engines are sooooo sexy xxx

Snap (sort of) as I have a future classic 156 GTA Sportwagon oh very nice. I had a v6 156 saloon as my first alfa

Loving all the chat about Alfa's, I've had a few myself, first one was a 33 sportwagon 1.7 flat four, then a wide body 155 with a 2.5 v6, a FWD spider then a 147 both with the lovely 2.0 twin spark very nice.. its the wide body 155 that sparked my alfa obsession ..and the v6 alfa engines are sooooo sexy xxx "

it was a gorgeous car wish I still had it, red with black wheels

I’m seeing lots of European and some British cars on here too, which is nice.

I, unfortunately, don’t have any beyond daily driver myself, but I assist at meets with my family’s car (glorified fire-up lane pusher - struggles real!) but it’s a barge of America muscle, not seen many of those mentioned on here. We go to Santa pod but usually only for the race meets nowadays rather than the statics or themed, unless test and tune.

Anyone attending the Pod this weekend for the Mopar Nationals by any chance? Might be cool to grab a drink and have a bit of a social?

Ascot

"I’m seeing lots of European and some British cars on here too, which is nice.

I, unfortunately, don’t have any beyond daily driver myself, but I assist at meets with my family’s car (glorified fire-up lane pusher - struggles real!) but it’s a barge of America muscle, not seen many of those mentioned on here. We go to Santa pod but usually only for the race meets nowadays rather than the statics or themed, unless test and tune.

Anyone attending the Pod this weekend for the Mopar Nationals by any chance? Might be cool to grab a drink and have a bit of a social? "

We’re popping over to a Classic meet for American muscle cars, super cars and classics.. not a fan of hot rods but do love the muscle cars especially Mustangs and Dodge challengers

By *oung GunnerMan  over a year ago

Cleckheaton

I do know that there is one called The Bradford to Morecambe rally , there is also lots of different car events on at

The Motorist Hub

Lennerton Lane

Leeds

LS25 6JE

I have a Rolls Canardly

Cleckheaton

Rolls down hills but can hardly get up

Have had plenty of what's classified as classic cars over the years. Owned over 100 cars now. Current car isn't a classic.

I'm mostly into hot hatches. Oldest car owned was a 74 beetle. Give it a year or so and I'll go back to owning a vw camper, but which one, I don't know yet

Any of you guys fancy helping me rebuild my track car? Bring a wife along and turn it into an oily gangbang

By *we-gentMan  over a year ago

leeds

Ferrari 348TS 1993 in red

By *iglittleoneMan  over a year ago

B76 is home

I have three old Fords

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"I have three old Fords"
cl500 97 rust and black , Car show in Carlow no pun intended this weekend Ireland

I'm working shelsley Walsh this weekend

Cleckheaton

3rd Sept 2022 -

Cops & Cars.

The Motorist Hub

Lennerton Lane

Leeds

LS25 6JE

By *aranelloMan  over a year ago

Sittingbourne

I would have a look at Rindt if you are considering that. As a former classic 911 owner myself (now a more modern Aston Martin owner) I am aware of their work which looks exceptional !

"1976 Porsche 911 coupe (sunroof delete) with whale tail..want to change it to a duck tail and poss restomod at some point"

Ascot

I’m a big fan of Rindt. Did you go to their open day last month?..we went in the 911 and had a really great time there

"That must be one large garage.... sounds like a museum and demonstration of skilled restoration

Neither lol, it's an old raf hanger and a few other lock ups, as for the skills, it's all self taught after being constantly let down by people who didn't want my money, so now learning as I go and making the odd mistake but absolutely loving it "

Kirknewton ? ..

Bridgend

just got back from a classic car show in Breckon, it is on Sunday as well

By *j123499Man  over a year ago

exeter

Definitely Can’t beat a 90’s Ford

By *eff..Man  over a year ago

belfast

"I have three old Fords"

I didn’t think it was possible to have 3 headaches

By *iglittleoneMan  over a year ago

B76 is home

"I have three old Fords

I didn’t think it was possible to have 3 headaches "

There not being honest

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

more into restoring old bikes at the moment. just finished a royal Enfield 350 bullet and a 41 year old Kawasaki z650. looking for my next bike now.

By *estcornwallcplCouple  over a year ago

penzance

TVR fan and owner here. I just love British!

By *erilottsTV/TS  over a year ago

Chippenham

Get to a few club meets and shows throughout the year but not dressed. Will keep an eye on this thread

Anyone have a Nissan Figaro? Xx

"We took part in the Brooklands to Brighton classic car run last month..great fun with like minded enthusiasts and even Mike Brewer popped up for a chat.."

We did this too.

Love classic american muscle.Get to odd shows in north east. Unfortunately now summer has gone will have to probably wait till summer!

Ascot

[Removed by poster at 03/11/22 07:52:23]

Ascot

"We took part in the Brooklands to Brighton classic car run last month..great fun with like minded enthusiasts and even Mike Brewer popped up for a chat..

We did this too. "

Amazing, what did you drive down in?..we stayed on until the rain came down

south East / France

Only ever done the london brighton veteran run, just freezing cold and everytime I did it it poured with rain. Anyone watching g it this year?

By *heelsmanMan  over a year ago

near Reading

"

We’re popping over to a Classic meet for American muscle cars, super cars and classics.. not a fan of hot rods but do love the muscle cars especially Mustangs and Dodge challengers "

Have you been to the Pine Ridge (Camberley) golf club monthly meet, next one is next Sunday, 13th, always an interesting mix of American, classic & hot rods there.

By *heelsmanMan  over a year ago

near Reading

"I’m seeing lots of European and some British cars on here too, which is nice.

Anyone attending the Pod this weekend for the Mopar Nationals by any chance? Might be cool to grab a drink and have a bit of a social? "

Shame I've only just come across this thread, I always go the the Mopars + quite a few other race meets as I crew on a few cars.

And I race American cars at Goodwood & other historic race meets.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Anyone going to the classic car show at the nec Friday

Currently doing a light restoration on my 96 Pontiac Firebird

By *entBarryUKMan  over a year ago

Ashford

"Currently doing a light restoration on my 96 Pontiac Firebird"

Wow!

"Anyone going to the classic car show at the nec Friday "

I'm at the Lancaster classic car show Friday and Saturday

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Anyone going to the classic car show at the nec Friday

I'm at the Lancaster classic car show Friday and Saturday "

Missed nec this year but definitely get to Birmingham next year , Great show here next year for charity in Co Down next year at the sleeve Donard hotel inside for cancer and the hotel is amazing spot to stay (Mercedes CL 500 97 black and rusty wings )

By *heeliechairMan  over a year ago

Essex

Love classic cars my dad owned a couple of crestas, and my uncle ownes American models cadalliac can't believe how big they are

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

jersey

Owned 13 classics at one time cost me a fortune in money time and storage costs in the end let them all go which was such a relief now ive just 2 one im keeping for life the other i might part with

Bridgend

still a lot of salt on the roads at the moment but hopefully can get the cars out to a few shows in a couple of months

"Owned 13 classics at one time cost me a fortune in money time and storage costs in the end let them all go which was such a relief now ive just 2 one im keeping for life the other i might part with

"

I always say I'll just have one... but then I see something.. and it ends up on my drive

By *REEPALESTINEMan  over a year ago

derby

Anyone with classics for sale message me I’d be interested

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Used to attend many years ago but life got busy.

I have a 1967 mini race tuned engine built by me.

A XR3i in mint condition and a BMW E36 in mint condition.

Ashford

"Owned 13 classics at one time cost me a fortune in money time and storage costs in the end let them all go which was such a relief now ive just 2 one im keeping for life the other i might part with

I always say I'll just have one... but then I see something.. and it ends up on my drive "

Wow! I really want to see your drive! Sounds like a car show!

I always say I'll just have one... but then I see something.. and it ends up on my drive

Wow! I really want to see your drive! Sounds like a car show! "

think it looks more like a scrap yard

Porsche 356 from 1963 ! We love it ! Xx

Ashford

Wow! I really want to see your drive! Sounds like a car show! think it looks more like a scrap yard "

One persons scrapyard is another persons treasure chest!

Have a classic mini and recently parted ways with my brooklands capri due to losing storage. Is anyone doing retro rides at goodwood in may?

Vw mk1/mk2 nut. Sincec1979 to date.

1500 magazines.

"Not really into the whole classic car scene I’m more of a modified/JDM kinda guy lol my current cars are

-Sierra sapphire (cossy rep)

-Lexus is200

-mk5 golf

All are heavily modified

"

Nice

Skylines r32,r33,r34..

» Add a new message to this topic