FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Bars in Liverpool

Bars in Liverpool

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi , I'm visiting Liverpool soon and I was wondering what bars/areas are worth going too and what bars/areas to avoid

Please can you help me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Help please !

Anyone's help would be appreciated

By *pple16Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Avoid liverpool

"Avoid liverpool"

That would be hard apple as that's where we are going lol ,

Is it that bad ?

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Liverpool is great for a night out, depends what you are looking for though, cocktails and swank or Irish and grungy, it has the lot and everything in between.

"Liverpool is great for a night out, depends what you are looking for though, cocktails and swank or Irish and grungy, it has the lot and everything in between."

Just somewhere we can have a good time and laugh without getting shot or stabbed lol

Manchester

Hilarious

"Hilarious"

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

OK Bob, It does really depend what you like:

Nightlife: 2 main areas of the city, Matthew Street which is more for the 30's and older and Concert Square which is more for the syudents, though you'll find both areas are very intermingled with age groups. Concert Square has places like Walkabout etc, Matthew Street is more traditional with a good Irish Bar called Flanaghans which normally has a live band on after 10pm, and Rubber Soul which is a huge disco pub in the middle of Matthew Street.

There's also Albert Dock which has places like The Blue Bar and in Dale Street several nice pubs/restuarants such as The Living Rooms.

There's hundreds of restaurants from cheap and cheerful bar food through to sophisticated and expensive like Panoramic, with many others outside of the city centre.

The main shopping area is Liverpool One which also has restuarants etc plus a cinema. Theres theatres and museums plus you can book to go to the top of Radio City Tower, go on The Mersey Ferry or even go on The Yellow Duckmobile which is a laugh and informative.

If you really want you can even visit Knowsley Safari Park on the way into Liverpool.

All in all plenty to do, Liverpool City Center around the bars is extrodinarily safe due to excellent policing and of the local places such as Birkenhead or Chester, many would say Liverpool is trhe safest place to go out to. Unless you have some wierd obsession with looking for trouble spots, you won't go anywhere near the estates where problems occur as they are a long way out of the city centre.

All in all you should have a fun time.

Manchester

Surprised the OP hasn't got one person he can ask in Liverpool itself since he lives there, but good advice from UKmale

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally agree with ukmale centre is ok but outside could be a risky business. I constantly see the gangs round Norris green and anfield area always watching my back when out and about my area lol

"Surprised the OP hasn't got one person he can ask in Liverpool itself since he lives there, but good advice from UKmale"

I'm from Newcastle I've just put I live in Liverpool so I can watch updates and search people in Liverpool , also I can be seen by people searching for guys in Liverpool !

There's a method in my madness lol !

Xxx

"OK Bob, It does really depend what you like:

Nightlife: 2 main areas of the city, Matthew Street which is more for the 30's and older and Concert Square which is more for the syudents, though you'll find both areas are very intermingled with age groups. Concert Square has places like Walkabout etc, Matthew Street is more traditional with a good Irish Bar called Flanaghans which normally has a live band on after 10pm, and Rubber Soul which is a huge disco pub in the middle of Matthew Street.

There's also Albert Dock which has places like The Blue Bar and in Dale Street several nice pubs/restuarants such as The Living Rooms.

There's hundreds of restaurants from cheap and cheerful bar food through to sophisticated and expensive like Panoramic, with many others outside of the city centre.

The main shopping area is Liverpool One which also has restuarants etc plus a cinema. Theres theatres and museums plus you can book to go to the top of Radio City Tower, go on The Mersey Ferry or even go on The Yellow Duckmobile which is a laugh and informative.

If you really want you can even visit Knowsley Safari Park on the way into Liverpool.

All in all plenty to do, Liverpool City Center around the bars is extrodinarily safe due to excellent policing and of the local places such as Birkenhead or Chester, many would say Liverpool is trhe safest place to go out to. Unless you have some wierd obsession with looking for trouble spots, you won't go anywhere near the estates where problems occur as they are a long way out of the city centre.

All in all you should have a fun time."

Thanks alot mate , not hoping to do much site seeing so I think Matthew street and the square sounds good to me

There must be a flares in Liverpool ? Every city has one of those

By *aisyandDukeCouple  over a year ago

Formby

If flares is a serious proposition, then mathew st is definitely your destination - has a bar for pretty much every era from 60's to 90's!

"If flares is a serious proposition, then mathew st is definitely your destination - has a bar for pretty much every era from 60's to 90's!"

Thanks guys

Does that mean there is a flares ?

I don't suppose you guys will be out are you

Xx

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

"If flares is a serious proposition, then mathew st is definitely your destination - has a bar for pretty much every era from 60's to 90's!

Thanks guys

Xx"

Try the townhouse while you're there, great club

By *huckles2270Man  over a year ago

liverpool

just wanted to say how extremely fabbable pics u have ... do you guys get into town very often???

"If flares is a serious proposition, then mathew st is definitely your destination - has a bar for pretty much every era from 60's to 90's!

Thanks guys

Xx

Try the townhouse while you're there, great club "

Would they appreciate a d*unk Geordie turning up at midnight lol

I agree both Mathew st and Concert square are great nights out. Im a student in Liverpool and we tend to go to concert square as its cheaper. There isnt a flares that I know of but theres reflex and (the amazing) Pop World in concert square or any other year in Mathew street. A great night out and I've never seen any trouble in my two years there.

Any more questions drop me an inbox!

I am a door man in town (Liverpool) and work concert square , it a very safe place and well policed and door staff are door staff, same as any city

Personally I would recommend concert square, as I now it, and I would also recommend Matthew street,

As for a start I would say the crocodile bar as that a nice place and gets busier all night, if your in town all weekend try one one night , then the other, the bars are too many to mention,

But your doing the right thing by asking, only out sider like to slate town,but trust me you'll enjoy your self

I am a door man in town (Liverpool) and work concert square , it a very safe place and well policed and door staff are door staff, same as any city

Personally I would recommend concert square, as I now it, and I would also recommend Matthew street,

As for a start I would say the crocodile bar as that a nice place and gets busier all night, if your in town all weekend try one one night , then the other, the bars are too many to mention,

But your doing the right thing by asking, only out sider like to slate town,but trust me you'll enjoy your self

By *nglishdavieMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Best place for night out in Liverpool is Mt Pleasant area, esp Smokey Mo,s great fun there, loads of women, cheap beer.

Smilie mos is a hole! Avoid like the plague. The best bars in Liverpool are santos chupitos and salt dog slims. After that try the real ale bars round hardman street, then the vibrant music scene of Fleet Street, wood street and seel street. Parr street has bars.

I may be biased but Liverpool has the best array of bars, well spread out for walking distance and friendliest people. Forget all the stereotypes, enjoy the night out without a hint of trouble and you'll be back time and time again!!!

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Mathew Street is good for a drink. Tends to be a lot more mature people and less hassle. Concert square is busy as well but tends to be a lot more young crowd. Avoid the Albert Dock as the prices for drinks are a joke.

Cheers everyone , I went 2 weeks ago , had a great night round Matthew street !

"Hi , I'm visiting Liverpool soon and I was wondering what bars/areas are worth going too and what bars/areas to avoid

Please can you help me "

plenty of good pubs in Liverpool only problem is there full of scousers lol

You will enjoy liverpool. Great place, Great people. Mathew st is brill. x

God pop world that brings back great memories!! Slater streets always worth a trip nice cheap drinks there , there was a reflex there but it's something else now. It's also worth checking out le bateu on a sat night for the amazing night liquidation brilliant music ( northern soul indie and hip hop) and cheap drinks

I miss my Liverpool nights

» Add a new message to this topic