FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > IOM Swingers Club

IOM Swingers Club

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone think a swingers club on the Isle of Man would be a good idea. Also, do you think it would be allowed?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

It would probably do really well during the TT races! But as for if it would be allowed, I`m not so sure. I stand to be corrected in this, but I believe that up until fairly recently, swinging was against the law in Scotland and I`ve never come across a club at all north or south of the border in the Emerald Isle.

By *BCBlondeCouple  over a year ago

DURHAM

Would be well used we would have thought! we have quite a few manx friends who come to Blackpool for the swinging scene and often meet new couples at Paradise in blackpool xxx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"It would probably do really well during the TT races! But as for if it would be allowed, I`m not so sure. I stand to be corrected in this, but I believe that up until fairly recently, swinging was against the law in Scotland and I`ve never come across a club at all north or south of the border in the Emerald Isle."

If there aren't ant on the IOM now there's probably a very good reason for that - ie they don't get permission to open? And I'm really confused as didn't know that the IOM had anything to do with either Scotland or Ireland with regards to laws etc - thought Northern and Southern Ireland were separate to each other and to Scotland - but could have missed something! Z

"It would probably do really well during the TT races! But as for if it would be allowed, I`m not so sure. I stand to be corrected in this, but I believe that up until fairly recently, swinging was against the law in Scotland and I`ve never come across a club at all north or south of the border in the Emerald Isle.

If there aren't ant on the IOM now there's probably a very good reason for that - ie they don't get permission to open? And I'm really confused as didn't know that the IOM had anything to do with either Scotland or Ireland with regards to laws etc - thought Northern and Southern Ireland were separate to each other and to Scotland - but could have missed something! Z"

Nope! You haven`t missed anything! I was using the bit about Scotland and Ireland as a possible comparitive reason if you get my drift

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"It would probably do really well during the TT races! But as for if it would be allowed, I`m not so sure. I stand to be corrected in this, but I believe that up until fairly recently, swinging was against the law in Scotland and I`ve never come across a club at all north or south of the border in the Emerald Isle.

If there aren't ant on the IOM now there's probably a very good reason for that - ie they don't get permission to open? And I'm really confused as didn't know that the IOM had anything to do with either Scotland or Ireland with regards to laws etc - thought Northern and Southern Ireland were separate to each other and to Scotland - but could have missed something! Z

Nope! You haven`t missed anything! I was using the bit about Scotland and Ireland as a possible comparitive reason if you get my drift "

Oh right, I get you! But, how can swinging be against the law? Surely, people swapping partners for sex can't be legislated against? Perhaps, swinging clubs were/are illegal? How could a ban on swinging be enforced? A SWAT team bursting in on a private meet on some VERY surprised people! Chuckling at that vision now! Z

By *ll of a QuiverCouple  over a year ago

Douglas

About 7 years ago someone applied for a licence to open a new late night club in the islands capital, Douglas.

This licence was granted without any problem until it emerged that the club would have pole dancers (not lap dancers) on show. All of a sudden, loads of people were up in arms saying that it would be a brothel and encourage prostitution. As a result, the licence was immediately revoked.

As for the chances of swingers club or hotel opening on this island, we would have to say it's not going to happen.

It would seem that the majority of people on the IOM would like to stay stuck in the past.

D&N

Nope! You haven`t missed anything! I was using the bit about Scotland and Ireland as a possible comparitive reason if you get my drift

Oh right, I get you! But, how can swinging be against the law? Surely, people swapping partners for sex can't be legislated against? Perhaps, swinging clubs were/are illegal? How could a ban on swinging be enforced? A SWAT team bursting in on a private meet on some VERY surprised people! Chuckling at that vision now! Z"

A certain word may have something to do with it .... reli......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's hard enough finding anyone who wants to swing in the IoM.

"........ But, how can swinging be against the law? ....... "

Had a long think about this and have vague recollections of there being a very old law which when applied to swinging made it technical adultry or something like that.

Sorry to be so vague, but thats about all I remember.

» Add a new message to this topic