FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Wild camping in Yorkshire

Wild camping in Yorkshire

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone know of any good places you can pitch a tent and wild camp round these parts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *WKinkMan  over a year ago

Bury

Depends on how far you’re willing to walk. If you want it next to your car then not really. Is it for a specific reason?

By *izeguideMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

Any particular area? Plenty of places out Holmfirth way but a bit of a walk from the car

By *oopy097Man  over a year ago

east mids

I was under the impression the only 'legal' place to wild camp was dartmore? Maybe wrong tho

predominantly it is to camp out, but somewhere off beaten track, tho possibilities of having fun with a tent are something to explore also....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Previous poster was correct, wild camping in Dartmoor is ok, as is most of Scotland. In the rest of Britain you need to use commonsense. For a 'legal' option in England you could camp on a well spread out campsite at a quiet time of year. Various sites like pitch up allow you to search for these.

"Previous poster was correct, wild camping in Dartmoor is ok, as is most of Scotland. In the rest of Britain you need to use commonsense. For a 'legal' option in England you could camp on a well spread out campsite at a quiet time of year. Various sites like pitch up allow you to search for these."

Do you know of any of these camp sites?

By *ason.Man  over a year ago

west yorkshire

Not the best weather for camping today

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You'll have lots of your own criteria, eg which county etc, so I'd recommend you to have a look at the website I mentioned. This allows you to search under a large range of headings including 154 sites described as wild camping, and also to search for adults only camps, naturist camps, those that are set in woods or have access to pools, jacuzzis, or allow single sex groups (which I take to indicate that they have a relaxed view as to what goes on under canvas). If you do your own search then have a look at the results and the campsites' own websites and hopefully you'll find a good selection to choose from.

[Removed by poster at 27/08/18 22:24:23]

"You'll have lots of your own criteria, eg which county etc, so I'd recommend you to have a look at the website I mentioned. This allows you to search under a large range of headings including 154 sites described as wild camping, and also to search for adults only camps, naturist camps, those that are set in woods or have access to pools, jacuzzis, or allow single sex

groups (which I take to indicate that they have a relaxed view as to what goes on under canvas). If you do your own search then have a look at the results and the campsites' own websites and hopefully you'll find a good selection to choose from. "

Thanks really good info

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Previous poster was correct, wild camping in Dartmoor is ok, as is most of Scotland. In the rest of Britain you need to use commonsense. For a 'legal' option in England you could camp on a well spread out campsite at a quiet time of year. Various sites like pitch up allow you to search for these.

Do you know of any of these camp sites?"

look at pitch up dot com they list lots of sites all over europe

"Previous poster was correct, wild camping in Dartmoor is ok, as is most of Scotland. In the rest of Britain you need to use commonsense. For a 'legal' option in England you could camp on a well spread out campsite at a quiet time of year. Various sites like pitch up allow you to search for these.

Do you know of any of these camp

sites?

look at pitch up dot com they list lots of sites all over europe "

thanks for info, it’s becoming quite an exciting idea!

» Add a new message to this topic