FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > U.S. Capital

U.S. Capital

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ananas57 OP   Couple  over a year ago

lake ariel

What do you think of the protestors taking over the capital?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"What do you think of the protestors taking over the capital?"

From this side of the Atlantic....shameful. The rule of anarchy and denial, democracy by armed might. If it were a South American or African or Asian nation, we would be talking of a failed state. Any moral high ground you have (or had) remaining is quickly being swept away.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it not a great look to be perfectly honest.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"What do you think of the protestors taking over the capital?

From this side of the Atlantic....shameful. The rule of anarchy and denial, democracy by armed might. If it were a South American or African or Asian nation, we would be talking of a failed state. Any moral high ground you have (or had) remaining is quickly being swept away. "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pretty shocking really!

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Sadly Trump has turned a great country into the laughing stock of the world . Unfortunately there are millions of unintelligent Americans who believe the rubbish that Trump has spouted. The only way this is going to be resolved is for Trump to admit defeat which he won’t.

From this side of the Atlantic....shameful. The rule of anarchy and denial, democracy by armed might. If it were a South American or African or Asian nation, we would be talking of a failed state. Any moral high ground you have (or had) remaining is quickly being swept away. "

I read Chomsky's 'Failed State' over a decade ago and you shouldn't need pointers to know the nation it was about.

By *ussD1Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

This is spot on.

‘The land of the free and the home of the brave’ as long as you have the money or the firepower to take and hold it. This behaviour is like a toddler having a tantrum, a toddler with an f’in gun

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Trump is a disgrace to human kind.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Sadly Trump has turned a great country into the laughing stock of the world . Unfortunately there are millions of unintelligent Americans who believe the rubbish that Trump has spouted. The only way this is going to be resolved is for Trump to admit defeat which he won’t."
I am not laughing there is a danger of a lot of civil unrest leading to

anarchy and possible civil war and that is a disaster for the west.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Totally shameful behaviour. No excuse

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

Fascism in action. Absolutely shameful but not unexpected, is it?

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

From this side of the Atlantic....shameful. The rule of anarchy and denial, democracy by armed might. If it were a South American or African or Asian nation, we would be talking of a failed state. Any moral high ground you have (or had) remaining is quickly being swept away.

This is spot on.

‘The land of the free and the home of the brave’ as long as you have the money or the firepower to take and hold it. This behaviour is like a toddler having a tantrum, a toddler with an f’in gun "

You forgot to mention white skin helps. Racism generally goes hand in hand with Fascism & ain't it bloody rife there.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It’s your country and your democracy what do you think?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

I think it's an ideal opportunity for President Biden to have as many of them as possible identified; and every single one of those tried for sedition and - if found guilty - locked up for a very long time.

The USA needs to make it very clear that angry fuckwits with guns don't get to decide the results of elections.

If it can't do that, then it becomes no more of a democracy than China, or Russia.

I think it's an ideal opportunity for President Biden to have as many of them as possible identified; and every single one of those tried for sedition and - if found guilty - locked up for a very long time.

The USA needs to make it very clear that angry fuckwits with guns don't get to decide the results of elections.

If it can't do that, then it becomes no more of a democracy than China, or Russia."

Problem with having those "fuck wits" as you put it tried is thT there're mor of them them the democrats. The Democrats know this and have a problem that to win they cheated by using the "mail in vote" so their numbers were dramatically boosted. Those numbers aren't able to hols a gun. let alone anything else.

If he declares marital law, not even the US military will lit a finger to shot their fellow citizens. The police force was backed by trump and they won't follow through either.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

If it can't do that, then it becomes no more of a democracy than China, or Russia.

Problem with having those "fuck wits" as you put it tried is thT there're mor of them them the democrats. The Democrats know this and have a problem that to win they cheated by using the "mail in vote" so their numbers were dramatically boosted. Those numbers aren't able to hols a gun. let alone anything else.

If he declares marital law, not even the US military will lit a finger to shot their fellow citizens. The police force was backed by trump and they won't follow through either. "

Evidence of cheating of the “mail in” vote?

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Very noticable the skin tone of those storming the Capitol hill...

White trailer trash having a day out....

If he declares marital law, not even the US military will lit a finger to shot their fellow citizens. The police force was backed by trump and they won't follow through either. "

"Less of them"?

Even last time more people voted for them than the republicans. They won the popular vote in 2016.

Gloucester

This is spot on.

‘The land of the free and the home of the brave’ as long as you have the money or the firepower to take and hold it. This behaviour is like a toddler having a tantrum, a toddler with an f’in gun

You forgot to mention white skin helps. Racism generally goes hand in hand with Fascism & ain't it bloody rife there. "

Yes I was watching and thought I sensed a very white demographic in the crowd. I was surprised at how lax the cops were. If we tried to storm the Houses of Parliament we’d be stomped on regardless of race, politics, culture or skin colour. White privilege in action maybe ? If that was a crowd of black protestors more than one would be dead I’m sure.

wrexham

Trump has always been a vindictive if he doesnt get his own way..

I’ve always been fairly supportive of Trump, precisely because he isn’t a run of the mill politician. Well he’s not a politician at all, he’s a businessman, and ran the administration like a business. I was always impressed that he managed to get anything done with an openly hostile media and the Silicon Valley giants consistently on his case. He achieved a lot of what he set out to do in his manifesto and that’s admirable to me. I’ve said many times before on here and other groups I engage with that I don’t really care about a leaders appearance, their past, their previous relationships or if they once wrote some mean words on social media before they came to power. All I care about, and all I’ve ever cared about, is elected officials doing what they promise.

However! Yesterday was too much. The very fact that we still haven’t seen concrete evidence from Trumps legal team for widespread electoral fraud is a red flag. Facts and figures and cold hard evidence might have made a difference but instead they’ve talked in vague generalities and none specifics. The fact the republicans lost the senate by such a narrow margin says to me that Trump and his team, and his supporters, read the room wrong. To my mind they did the same thing the left did during our last general election - they believed their own hype, largely because they built their own echo chambers online. What happened yesterday was unacceptable, but at the same time I think, inevitable.

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me

wrexham

Very well put

"Very well put"

Thank you. I’ll still get the usual pricks claiming I’m far right then running and hiding when challenged

But thank you x

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

How can you praise Trump as a buisnessman when his companies lost $1 billion in a decade ?

"How can you praise Trump as a buisnessman when his companies lost $1 billion in a decade ?"

He’s still very very wealthy is he not? Capitalism means losing and winning over and over again, which is what he’s done. Either way, my point is his approach to the administration was different from others precisely because he’s a businessman.

"How can you praise Trump as a buisnessman when his companies lost $1 billion in a decade ?

He’s still very very wealthy is he not? Capitalism means losing and winning over and over again, which is what he’s done. Either way, my point is his approach to the administration was different from others precisely because he’s a businessman. "

We'd all be wealthy if we inherited our fortunes.

I agree his approach was different. More brazenly self serving than usual.

"How can you praise Trump as a buisnessman when his companies lost $1 billion in a decade ?

He’s still very very wealthy is he not? Capitalism means losing and winning over and over again, which is what he’s done. Either way, my point is his approach to the administration was different from others precisely because he’s a businessman.

I agree his approach was different. More brazenly self serving than usual."

I’m not disputing he’s incredibly privileged. I’d disagree that he was self serving too. He’s lost money by taking office. That’s not money grabbing to me. But he certainly was different. Hence the cult of personality around him.

I agree his approach was different. More brazenly self serving than usual.

I’m not disputing he’s incredibly privileged. I’d disagree that he was self serving too. He’s lost money by taking office. That’s not money grabbing to me. But he certainly was different. Hence the cult of personality around him. "

He certainly was different.

I can't help but think that money plays a large part in this. Trump clearly doesn't care about anyone or anything other than himself. Yet finishes his statement with make America Great Again. I wonder if he gains personally from donations to his MAGA campaign. Money is his driving force - there has to be a link?

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

Trump puppets.

Absolute brain dead idiots.

Trump should face criminal charges for insighting violance

By *unnyPairCouple  over a year ago

Seminole

violance...what is that?

Even after all that happened it went from supporters trying to stop the count. Now it turned into a racial "White supremacist" issue. Then you wonder why people are the way they are. This has further implications then just Trump. But keep throwing petrol on the fire. 4 dead and do you hear a national outcry for justice ? This is the issue cops still used deadly force. Coup or a attempted coup. Media paints Racist everyone gobbled it up.

Plenty of people of other races in the crowd. Multiple pictures on social media. So technically who are the Racists ? A black republican being called uncle Tom is perfectly acceptable in all of your eyes ?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Which could explain the fact they were allowed to easily obtain access to the capitol building... One of the most secure in the world post 9/11. As police opened gates to let them in and posed for selfies with the terrorists.

There's more to this story.

Tin town

I’ve always been fairly supportive of Trump, precisely because he isn’t a run of the mill politician. Well he’s not a politician at all, he’s a businessman, and ran the administration like a business. I was always impressed that he managed to get anything done with an openly hostile media and the Silicon Valley giants consistently on his case. He achieved a lot of what he set out to do in his manifesto and that’s admirable to me. I’ve said many times before on here and other groups I engage with that I don’t really care about a leaders appearance, their past, their previous relationships or if they once wrote some mean words on social media before they came to power. All I care about, and all I’ve ever cared about, is elected officials doing what they promise.

However! Yesterday was too much. The very fact that we still haven’t seen concrete evidence from Trumps legal team for widespread electoral fraud is a red flag. Facts and figures and cold hard evidence might have made a difference but instead they’ve talked in vague generalities and none specifics. The fact the republicans lost the senate by such a narrow margin says to me that Trump and his team, and his supporters, read the room wrong. To my mind they did the same thing the left did during our last general election - they believed their own hype, largely because they built their own echo chambers online. What happened yesterday was unacceptable, but at the same time I think, inevitable.

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me "

Very well put.

If he declares marital law, not even the US military will lit a finger to shot their fellow citizens. The police force was backed by trump and they won't follow through either.

Which could explain the fact they were allowed to easily obtain access to the capitol building... One of the most secure in the world post 9/11. As police opened gates to let them in and posed for selfies with the terrorists.

There's more to this story. "

But 4 still dead.

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me "

some lovely name calling and they wonder why we can't get on

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

"violance...what is that?

"

Oh god,

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me some lovely name calling and they wonder why we can't get on"

You notice who doing the name calling the very ones who are supposedly the tolerant ones.

By *untwolancashireCouple  over a year ago

Preston/Lancaster

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me some lovely name calling and they wonder why we can't get on

You notice who doing the name calling the very ones who are supposedly the tolerant ones."

Here in the UK the way the BBC have reported this event that looks like it’s already calming down for now, is that it was extremely violent, compared to the peaceful rallies of certain protests groups a few month back. But then again the BBC spent the whole of his presidency trying to discredit the guy, comparing how they tried the Russian link for years, but straight away no evidence of voter fraud in this election. They looked for evidence when there was none, yet didn’t look for any evidence so say there is none, it seems the same with other MSM outlets & the social media organisations. Trump may not of helped in the situation but he’s not the only one to blame & none of us will ever know the truth till it’s to late x

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me some lovely name calling and they wonder why we can't get on

You notice who doing the name calling the very ones who are supposedly the tolerant ones.

Here in the UK the way the BBC have reported this event that looks like it’s already calming down for now, is that it was extremely violent, compared to the peaceful rallies of certain protests groups a few month back. But then again the BBC spent the whole of his presidency trying to discredit the guy, comparing how they tried the Russian link for years, but straight away no evidence of voter fraud in this election. They looked for evidence when there was none, yet didn’t look for any evidence so say there is none, it seems the same with other MSM outlets & the social media organisations. Trump may not of helped in the situation but he’s not the only one to blame & none of us will ever know the truth till it’s to late x"

Only good thing you can take away from this debacle it definitely reminded our politians that this division needs to stop on both sides of the isle.

It's tragic that a country that prides it's self on democracy can act like the most undemocratic idiots in the world.

"It's tragic that a country that prides it's self on democracy can act like the most undemocratic idiots in the world.

"

And yet you still call us a democracy. We are not.

"It's tragic that a country that prides it's self on democracy can act like the most undemocratic idiots in the world.

And yet you still call us a democracy. We are not."

Not right now no. But hopefully, order will resume otherwise the lunatics are running the asylum.

Not right now no. But hopefully, order will resume otherwise the lunatics are running the asylum."

We never were a democracy the lunatics have been in charge for a long time on both sides of the isle. The got a wake-up call yesterday.

Not right now no. But hopefully, order will resume otherwise the lunatics are running the asylum.

We never were a democracy the lunatics have been in charge for a long time on both sides of the isle. The got a wake-up call yesterday."

What is the system there, if it's not democratic?

No constitutional republic.

Constitution is the law of the land not judges not politicians.

Preamble clearly states that. Both sides need to abide by that. It does not say we the politicians.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Less of them"?

Even last time more people voted for them than the republicans. They won the popular vote in 2016."

Leave him be He doesn't even understand what martial law is. LOL

We never were a democracy the lunatics have been in charge for a long time on both sides of the isle. The got a wake-up call yesterday."

Do you think Boden and Harris are the answer?

Has anyone actually seen the footage of the shooting?

Pretty damn harrowing tbh. Looks like a security guard got spooked and shot into the crowd killing an unarmed female protestor. With a SWAT team stood next to her too. Bad times

We never were a democracy the lunatics have been in charge for a long time on both sides of the isle. The got a wake-up call yesterday.

Do you think Boden and Harris are the answer?"

Possibly if they take in what they learned the past year and how volatile the situation is.

Tin town

Do you think Boden and Harris are the answer?"

They've just been installed so yes they have to be the answer.... What is the question?

They've just been installed so yes they have to be the answer.... What is the question? "

You just answered the question

By *oeliquorMan  over a year ago

Chippewa

Possibly if they take in what they learned the past year and how volatile the situation is."

"Has anyone actually seen the footage of the shooting?

Pretty damn harrowing tbh. Looks like a security guard got spooked and shot into the crowd killing an unarmed female protestor. With a SWAT team stood next to her too. Bad times "

I watched it, there's a clear video on Reddit.

These terrorist cult-like maga lot were trying to push through a door that had the VP and others behind. The door was barricaded with whatever furniture the defenders could find. Secret service had guns drawn, ordering the intruders to stand down. This woman continued to try to climb through. Unsurprisingly she was shot. She lay bleeding out on the floor whilst maga loons filmed her. These people are cult like and dangerous.

What did she think would happen? She's a military vet, did she think the secret service would let her break through a barricade protecting the VP and others?

It's clearly a tactical shot too, upward to avoid those behind. This is the secret service on protection detail, not just some security guard who 'got spooked'.

The barricade wasn’t into the rotunda tho? So nowhere near the politicians far as I’ve read. Plus she was unarmed and stood next to uniformed swat officers....difficult to justify that.

Still, likely won’t face prosecution given the potential precedent it could set.

And the capitol is policed by its own police department, not the secret service

"And the capitol is policed by its own police department, not the secret service "

Yes the capitol is policed by its own dpt but the likes of the VP have s.security. Watch the video, the swat team (or armed police, it's hard to tell with military surplus and the states) are on the stairs behind her.

The Capitol police let the intruders in, the close protection secret service protected the VP and shot someone breaching a barricade.

The video is there online for you to see. These people tried to smash through a barricade defending top ranking politicians. The woman was shot. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The barricade was at a door, again watch the video, this didn't happen by the rotunda.

"The barricade was at a door, again watch the video, this didn't happen by the rotunda."

Yes that was what I was meaning - it occurred well away from the rotunda and the people in it. Reports are saying it was a capitol police officer that opened fire.

Tin town

What is bizarre is how they allowed them to get close and get access. Compare that to the walkabout trump went on to the church in the Whitehouse gardens which was sealed off and cleared with mounted police. Something seems fishy about the lax preparation and policing for an event they knew would be happening...dont ya think?

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Inbred hillbilly backwater fuckwits.

It shows that capital is about as secure as the election.

Inbred hillbilly backwater fuckwits. "

The women was a 14 year air force veteran that got killed. Far from your analogy. You are the reason why people like you did what she did no tolerance. So who is the ignorant fuckwit ? Put a mirror to your face take a deep breath cross your legs fart and clear the brain you are sitting on. Realization will set set in I promise.

"The barricade was at a door, again watch the video, this didn't happen by the rotunda.

Yes that was what I was meaning - it occurred well away from the rotunda and the people in it. Reports are saying it was a capitol police officer that opened fire. "

Well all I can go on is what I've seen, a bunch of terrorists trying to break into a corridor that's barricaded to protect high ranking members of government. Intruder gets shot. Whether it's police or s.service, it was officials assigned to protect and they did their job.

The women was a 14 year air force veteran that got killed. Far from your analogy. You are the reason why people like you did what she did no tolerance. So who is the ignorant fuckwit ? Put a mirror to your face take a deep breath cross your legs fart and clear the brain you are sitting on. Realization will set set in I promise."

Yeah because vets can't be hillbilly fuckwits.

The women was a 14 year air force veteran that got killed. Far from your analogy. You are the reason why people like you did what she did no tolerance. So who is the ignorant fuckwit ? Put a mirror to your face take a deep breath cross your legs fart and clear the brain you are sitting on. Realization will set set in I promise.

Yeah because vets can't be hillbilly fuckwits."

Did she die getting her point across ? She knew the repercussions right or wrong are the politicians listening ? So the name calling is accomplishing what more dissent more bigotry more divide. Your supposed to be the tolerant ones the hope of how people should be. It's a joke no debate no middle ground it's either your way or nothing at all. People on here are proof positive why some people are the way they are.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

The trump followers that forcibly entered the capital are EXTREMELY lucky. The capital police really didn't want to have to shoot American citizens because they were just following trumps unhinged utter nonsense ramblings.

Anyone that forcibly breaches the capital building can be shot, because lethal force is authorized in that situation. All of them could have been shot on sight, they just didn't want it to come to that.

But, don't look for it to ever happen again !

Many will be facing domestic terrorism charges, which will ruin their lives and their families lives, all because they listened to that idiot trump.

Trump needs to be held responsible for what he has done !

Gloucestershire

We try to paint these people as one off’s chancers but this was a highly organised attempt at perverting the democratic process.

These people are terrorists plain and simple. No worse than other evil groups in the world.

What I don’t understand is why some people are praising dead terrorists for?

I hope we realise that Democracy is under severe threat and we must defend it even more so from the extremist elements in this world.

Tin town

Yeah because vets can't be hillbilly fuckwits."

Why? Just why?

"The trump followers that forcibly entered the capital are EXTREMELY lucky. The capital police really didn't want to have to shoot American citizens because they were just following trumps unhinged utter nonsense ramblings.

Anyone that forcibly breaches the capital building can be shot, because lethal force is authorized in that situation. All of them could have been shot on sight, they just didn't want it to come to that.

Many will be facing domestic terrorism charges, which will ruin their lives and their families lives, all because they listened to that idiot trump.

"

Trump needs to be held responsible but everyone fails to realize why. It's not just about Trump. Trump ignited america first he basically told the world to F#ck off we going to take care of our own. Being a vet that should be our stance. Fuck the mad amount of defense spending and giving foreign nations money. Fuck the paris climate accords it's a joke. No enforcement what so ever. This money can be put to better use. Better lives for the people here. Better social programs better financing for black Hispanic businesses. He had a great message poorly executed. America first fuck the world. Biden no better quit living in a fantasy. Same politics same shitshow different packaging.

Tin town

"The trump followers that forcibly entered the capital are EXTREMELY lucky. The capital police really didn't want to have to shoot American citizens because they were just following trumps unhinged utter nonsense ramblings.

"

Just imagine how many dead there would have been had the terrorists been black?

Just imagine how many dead there would have been had the terrorists been black? "

How is the attack on the capital in anyway race related ? You do realize there was black people in those crowds. There is a thing and I don't want your feeble mind to explode over this.... Black conservative hispanic conservative asian conservative so keep playing the race card because the media tells you to open your mind listen to them. Quit passing judgement because of 1 mans message.

How is the attack on the capital in anyway race related ? You do realize there was black people in those crowds. There is a thing and I don't want your feeble mind to explode over this.... Black conservative hispanic conservative asian conservative so keep playing the race card because the media tells you to open your mind listen to them. Quit passing judgement because of 1 mans message."

Preach your own message quit believing what government and media tells you to or stfu. You are just a sheep following a narrative. Be a human just because someone is different. This is why there is a divide. Not race not religion not personal beliefs. It's called ignorance on everybody's part.

Trump is a dangerous péice of dog dung, he's a racist a thug a bully and a baby when he dosnt get his own way, I hope he's arrested for inciting roits and unrest when he's no longer president I said this would happen when he got elected I havnt been wrong about him yet.

Tin town

How is the attack on the capital in anyway race related ? You do realize there was black people in those crowds. There is a thing and I don't want your feeble mind to explode over this.... Black conservative hispanic conservative asian conservative so keep playing the race card because the media tells you to open your mind listen to them. Quit passing judgement because of 1 mans message.

Preach your own message quit believing what government and media tells you to or stfu. You are just a sheep following a narrative. Be a human just because someone is different. This is why there is a divide. Not race not religion not personal beliefs. It's called ignorance on everybody's part. "

Not very tolerant for someone preaching tolerance. The relevance of race is the huge chasm in the way this most white protest was policed and the way the blm protests were policed last summer. No need for anger and intolerance or name calling though is there?

Preach your own message quit believing what government and media tells you to or stfu. You are just a sheep following a narrative. Be a human just because someone is different. This is why there is a divide. Not race not religion not personal beliefs. It's called ignorance on everybody's part.

Not very tolerant for someone preaching tolerance. The relevance of race is the huge chasm in the way this most white protest was policed and the way the blm protests were policed last summer. No need for anger and intolerance or name calling though is there? "

Did blm want less law enforcement and more tolerance prior to the assault on the Capitol to be more tolerant yes or no ? This is a direct result of those wishes.New year new budgets new tolerance.

Not very tolerant for someone preaching tolerance. The relevance of race is the huge chasm in the way this most white protest was policed and the way the blm protests were policed last summer. No need for anger and intolerance or name calling though is there?

Did blm want less law enforcement and more tolerance prior to the assault on the Capitol to be more tolerant yes or no ? This is a direct result of those wishes.New year new budgets new tolerance."

Muriel Bowser whom is black is the mayor of DC. Why wasn't she screaming for more law enforcement because of the crowds ? Fed property ? Turn a blind eye ? Blame someone else ? No she said it was a failure.

We would have loved to see BLM do the same exact thing.They didn't have the numbers to pull this stunt off. Politicians are put on notice get it done. Quit dividing everyone is equal. Trump needs to go Biden is president. Listen to the people not parties follow the constitution.

"We would have loved to see BLM do the same exact thing.They didn't have the numbers to pull this stunt off. Politicians are put on notice get it done. Quit dividing everyone is equal. Trump needs to go Biden is president. Listen to the people not parties follow the constitution."

Sorry rant over it shouldn't be this stressful. Be a decent human being and listen react and be there for one another. Ignore statistics ignore government stop being oppressive to someone else.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

The mayor of DC doesn't have authority on federal ground and never has, but that could change because of this situation. She asked for National Guard troops to help with the security ahead of time, but the White House never responded to her request. Trump did not send in National Guard troops to secure order at the Capital like he said in his video. The mayor of DC called the Pentagon to get the National Guard troops. This is documented by the way.

The Hillbilly remark that someone made earlier is

idiotic. Geographical location doesn't make

someone unintelligent. I grew up in the hills,

valleys, and woods, and many people that grew

up that way are quite intelligent. In fact, there are several Hillbilly's that are current Generals, Colonels ect...ect... at the Pentagon, and Hillbilly professors, scientists, ect...ect...ect... !

So, I hope I educated the few that may have thought the Hillbilly remark was pertinent !

A previous posted called them hillbilly fuckwits.

Another posted then said, 'but she's a military vet actually.

I said 'yeah because military vets can't be hillbilly fuckwits'. My point being that military experience has no bearing on whether someone is a hillbilly, or a fuckwit, or both. This is different from me calling the people involved HFWs. See?

Should be noted the same poster then also spectacularly failed to understand the point raised about BLM. It's not 'the race card', it's highlighting what is evidently a valid point of discussion - authority reaction to different groups.

But woteva innit, you do you.

I mean, one of them (sporting long hair and a long beard) was wearing an Auschwitz hoody and others were flying the Confederate flag but yeah sure let's not insult these people eh.

"I mean, one of them (sporting long hair and a long beard) was wearing an Auschwitz hoody and others were flying the Confederate flag but yeah sure let's not insult these people eh."

What’s the relevance of long hair and a beard?

But to be serious for a second, I think what Kynaric1986 is getting at is the general separation between different groups when it comes to politics. It’s something that’s become tangible with the rise of populist movements across the world, and I believe a large part of it is down to the open, blind hostility those populists face in every walk of life. It started with the name calling on social media. Then it spread to the mainstream media and then on to politicians demonising anyone not part of the new progressive establishment. And it’s ended with direct and indirect censorship of populists everywhere. I don’t think the mad QAnon crowd would’ve been anywhere near as motivated to mobilise if YouTube/twitter hadn’t deleted all their content off their platforms. It have then confirmation bias that they were being unfairly targeted and built this myth that the ‘establishment’ was out to get them. They’ve been radicalised because they’ve been so marginalised. However distasteful you might think their beliefs are, they’re still entitled to those beliefs. The best thing to do is not to censor them, but engage with them and discredit their ideas openly for all to see. Forcing these groups underground just radicalises them further. We saw the same with Islamist groups. When the BNP was on the rise the BBC took the bold decision to invite nick griffin on to question time and the panel had his pants down. Overnight their support vanished. I can’t think of any better example of sunlight being the best disinfectant.

So yes, the protestors were dickheads. Yes they were using violence and intimidation to provoke political change, so therefore terrorists. But why did it ever get so far? I think the ‘oh they’re just thick racist deplorables’ crowd have a lot to answer for too.

since the death of a law enforcement officer who appears was brutally attacked by the mob while defending the chamber inside the building, it seems it is now murder 2. now i may be basing this on supposition but that is quite probably a turning point in the seriousness of how the republican coup d'etat is dealt with going forward

"I mean, one of them (sporting long hair and a long beard) was wearing an Auschwitz hoody and others were flying the Confederate flag but yeah sure let's not insult these people eh.

But to be serious for a second, I think what Kynaric1986 is getting at is the general separation between different groups when it comes to politics. It’s something that’s become tangible with the rise of populist movements across the world, and I believe a large part of it is down to the open, blind hostility those populists face in every walk of life. It started with the name calling on social media. Then it spread to the mainstream media and then on to politicians demonising anyone not part of the new progressive establishment. And it’s ended with direct and indirect censorship of populists everywhere. I don’t think the mad QAnon crowd would’ve been anywhere near as motivated to mobilise if YouTube/twitter hadn’t deleted all their content off their platforms. It have then confirmation bias that they were being unfairly targeted and built this myth that the ‘establishment’ was out to get them. They’ve been radicalised because they’ve been so marginalised. However distasteful you might think their beliefs are, they’re still entitled to those beliefs. The best thing to do is not to censor them, but engage with them and discredit their ideas openly for all to see. Forcing these groups underground just radicalises them further. We saw the same with Islamist groups. When the BNP was on the rise the BBC took the bold decision to invite nick griffin on to question time and the panel had his pants down. Overnight their support vanished. I can’t think of any better example of sunlight being the best disinfectant.

So yes, the protestors were dickheads. Yes they were using violence and intimidation to provoke political change, so therefore terrorists. But why did it ever get so far? I think the ‘oh they’re just thick racist deplorables’ crowd have a lot to answer for too. "

Long hair and beard was just meant as an, I can see where the hillbilly comment came from

The point about engaging with radicals to deprogram them (or similar term) is a fair one and I agree ideally a reasoned debate is all that's needed. The qanon crowd in particular seem completely closed to any debate tho, it's all fake news if it doesn't align with their own reckons.

Social media certainly has to answer for a bunch of the division in the world currently and censoring blatantly false information is part of stopping the spread.

I don't think it will be over. I warned months ago on these forums. It was taken as a joke. It will be same politics but with same exact unrest. I don't foresee them backing down. They are emboldened . Republicans condemned the attack but people still blame the party and the people that voted for that party. 74 million watching and being called rascist with white privilege. That is one hell of a division you don't want to keep fanning the flames.

"I mean, one of them (sporting long hair and a long beard) was wearing an Auschwitz hoody and others were flying the Confederate flag but yeah sure let's not insult these people eh.

So yes, the protestors were dickheads. Yes they were using violence and intimidation to provoke political change, so therefore terrorists. But why did it ever get so far? I think the ‘oh they’re just thick racist deplorables’ crowd have a lot to answer for too.

Long hair and beard was just meant as an, I can see where the hillbilly comment came from

The point about engaging with radicals to deprogram them (or similar term) is a fair one and I agree ideally a reasoned debate is all that's needed. The qanon crowd in particular seem completely closed to any debate tho, it's all fake news if it doesn't align with their own reckons.

Social media certainly has to answer for a bunch of the division in the world currently and censoring blatantly false information is part of stopping the spread."

I agree with the qanon assessment. They’re not easily deprogrammed. I honestly think that’s largely to do with their inherent distrust of the media and establishment tho. And after 4 plus years of being told they’re racists and stupid I can kind of understand why they’d turn their backs and put their fingers in their ears.

The problem is tho, these people are armed. If anything I think the answer is to counter their bullshit beliefs, not ban them. Work harder on disproving their world view and do it hard rather than just ‘unpersoning’ them. As much as I love the US I’m so glad I don’t live there right now.

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

"I don't think it will be over. I warned months ago on these forums. It was taken as a joke. It will be same politics but with same exact unrest. I don't foresee them backing down. They are emboldened . Republicans condemned the attack but people still blame the party and the people that voted for that party. 74 million watching and being called rascist with white privilege. That is one hell of a division you don't want to keep fanning the flames."

Spot on, the people commenting on this post claiming outrage about the behavior in the capital are the epitome of the behavior the Conservative party is tired of.

Have to ask where is their voice about the left burning down Portland breaking into police stations hurting and in some instances killing police officers.

The silence from you and the media is deafening.

I am glad to see that the majority of Britain had the sense to pull out of thr common market. Having the oppurtunity to come home and visit the decline under the EU is quite apparent.

Hopefully I will see people driving British cars again, and maybe have the oppurtunity to fly the Atlantic on a British plane, proud British industries that the EU destroyed

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

Social media certainly has to answer for a bunch of the division in the world currently and censoring blatantly false information is part of stopping the spread.

I agree with the qanon assessment. They’re not easily deprogrammed. I honestly think that’s largely to do with their inherent distrust of the media and establishment tho. And after 4 plus years of being told they’re racists and stupid I can kind of understand why they’d turn their backs and put their fingers in their ears.

The problem is tho, these people are armed. If anything I think the answer is to counter their bullshit beliefs, not ban them. Work harder on disproving their world view and do it hard rather than just ‘unpersoning’ them. As much as I love the US I’m so glad I don’t live there right now. "

Ignorance...... Both sides over here have guns!

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

Once again the left spouting off with their superiority and thinking they are the moral high ground.

So sad.

Ok m8

The problem is tho, these people are armed. If anything I think the answer is to counter their bullshit beliefs, not ban them. Work harder on disproving their world view and do it hard rather than just ‘unpersoning’ them. As much as I love the US I’m so glad I don’t live there right now. "

Would agree on that, I've enjoyed the states each time I've visited, but it's the country that scares me the most and I certainly wouldn't want to live there atm.

The problem is tho, these people are armed. If anything I think the answer is to counter their bullshit beliefs, not ban them. Work harder on disproving their world view and do it hard rather than just ‘unpersoning’ them. As much as I love the US I’m so glad I don’t live there right now.

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

Once again the left spouting off with their superiority and thinking they are the moral high ground.

So sad."

That’s the first time I’ve ever been called ‘left’ here!!!

But I think that sums up exactly the point I was trying to make. Just two days ago members of this forum were openly accusing me of being far right and suggesting my former career as a police officer had some insidious link to my politics. Today I’m being accused of being on the left with a superiority complex.

Instead of throwing insults and labels at each other, why not try to understand the person you’re trying to converse with? Because it’s exactly this nonsense that’s led us where we are today.

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

"

You see the frustration I am the most vocal from the US on these forums about it. Wolf he is just as frustrated. You are more of a center like the majority of Republicans.My inbox is full of hate messages sorry I not engaging much on the forums.

to be fair there were millions predicting these events (and absolutely correctly too so it turned out) way back in june 2015 when corporations, individuals etc who had partnerships with Donald fell over themselves to sever ties with Trump on account of the devisive comments he was making as he anounced his run to become the republican presidential candidate. yet Republican party grandees, members and caucus mandarins who initially appeared to be well adjusted, intelligent and with a sound moral compass decided to go along with his stalinist tea party ideals. it reflects very very poorly on the judgement of the GOP and their current lack of ability to run a country successfully.

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

You see the frustration I am the most vocal from the US on these forums about it. Wolf he is just as frustrated. You are more of a center like the majority of Republicans.My inbox is full of hate messages sorry I not engaging much on the forums."

It is actually Mare here, I’m the only one that uses the profile. I’m not particularly centrist with my politics, my political compass tests are difficult to interpret because I can be on the extreme left on some issues, extremely right on others. I’m a complicated girl (just ask Wolf!). But my point is part of the problem these days is nobody is willing to talk to those they disagree with without insulting, belittling or bullying them.

I completely understand your frustration tho. I’ve seen you time and time again call for people to calm down and engage only to be met with open hostility or ridicule. It’s why I stay away from the politics forum for long periods.

This is only going to get worse but always remember, it’s darkest before the dawn so keep faith! I was black pilled to fuck the last month or so (a combination of factors in my life) but I’m through it now and feeling quite hopeful.

"to be fair there were millions predicting these events (and absolutely correctly too so it turned out) way back in june 2015 when corporations, individuals etc who had partnerships with Donald fell over themselves to sever ties with Trump on account of the devisive comments he was making as he anounced his run to become the republican presidential candidate. yet Republican party grandees, members and caucus mandarins who initially appeared to be well adjusted, intelligent and with a sound moral compass decided to go along with his stalinist tea party ideals. it reflects very very poorly on the judgement of the GOP and their current lack of ability to run a country successfully."

But keep pushing 74 million Republicans by calling them hillbillies white supremacists. Keep causing divide at this stage. There is no healing it's the same rehtoric. People are viewing this as a assault on Republicans. With the riots that happened and Karmala saying protests should not let up. So they are emboldened to not let up.

"to be fair there were millions predicting these events (and absolutely correctly too so it turned out) way back in june 2015 when corporations, individuals etc who had partnerships with Donald fell over themselves to sever ties with Trump on account of the devisive comments he was making as he anounced his run to become the republican presidential candidate. yet Republican party grandees, members and caucus mandarins who initially appeared to be well adjusted, intelligent and with a sound moral compass decided to go along with his stalinist tea party ideals. it reflects very very poorly on the judgement of the GOP and their current lack of ability to run a country successfully.

But keep pushing 74 million Republicans by calling them hillbillies white supremacists. Keep causing divide at this stage. There is no healing it's the same rehtoric. People are viewing this as a assault on Republicans. With the riots that happened and Karmala saying protests should not let up. So they are emboldened to not let up. "

i disagree, that is merely appologist nonsence to excuse the far right violence seen in the capitol and in the rest of the country in general over the last 4 years. america clearly has a problem with mass white supremacism, tea-party stalinism, religous extremism and militarism. it's a problem that has been fomented by agents of chaos for over one hundred years and is structurally built into the very fabric of the republics institutions.

"to be fair there were millions predicting these events (and absolutely correctly too so it turned out) way back in june 2015 when corporations, individuals etc who had partnerships with Donald fell over themselves to sever ties with Trump on account of the devisive comments he was making as he anounced his run to become the republican presidential candidate. yet Republican party grandees, members and caucus mandarins who initially appeared to be well adjusted, intelligent and with a sound moral compass decided to go along with his stalinist tea party ideals. it reflects very very poorly on the judgement of the GOP and their current lack of ability to run a country successfully.

But keep pushing 74 million Republicans by calling them hillbillies white supremacists. Keep causing divide at this stage. There is no healing it's the same rehtoric. People are viewing this as a assault on Republicans. With the riots that happened and Karmala saying protests should not let up. So they are emboldened to not let up.

i disagree, that is merely appologist nonsence to excuse the far right violence seen in the capitol and in the rest of the country in general over the last 4 years. america clearly has a problem with mass white supremacism, tea-party stalinism, religous extremism and militarism. it's a problem that has been fomented by agents of chaos for over one hundred years and is structurally built into the very fabric of the republics institutions. "

Who is at fault the government. Not the people. Then how do you think to enact change ?

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

You see the frustration I am the most vocal from the US on these forums about it. Wolf he is just as frustrated. You are more of a center like the majority of Republicans.My inbox is full of hate messages sorry I not engaging much on the forums.

It is actually Mare here, I’m the only one that uses the profile. I’m not particularly centrist with my politics, my political compass tests are difficult to interpret because I can be on the extreme left on some issues, extremely right on others. I’m a complicated girl (just ask Wolf!). But my point is part of the problem these days is nobody is willing to talk to those they disagree with without insulting, belittling or bullying them.

I completely understand your frustration tho. I’ve seen you time and time again call for people to calm down and engage only to be met with open hostility or ridicule. It’s why I stay away from the politics forum for long periods.

This is only going to get worse but always remember, it’s darkest before the dawn so keep faith! I was black pilled to fuck the last month or so (a combination of factors in my life) but I’m through it now and feeling quite hopeful. "

Lol us girls need to hangout more often . Kynaric avoids the forums because of the frustration. He reads them but doesn't post because we would have a permanent ban.

Tin town

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

You see the frustration I am the most vocal from the US on these forums about it. Wolf he is just as frustrated. You are more of a center like the majority of Republicans.My inbox is full of hate messages sorry I not engaging much on the forums."

Well sorry to hear you're getting private hate messages for airing your views.... That's disgusting.

There's a lot to read through on this forum but it seems there's a bit of agreement breaking out that you can't move things along if all you do is throw cheap insults at each side of the argument. It's not just in the US either. It's just as prevalent in this country... We just have less guns thankfully.

Social media / media has a huge power here to heal or divide and at the moment there's a lot of dividing going on. Stronger together.

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

Well sorry to hear you're getting private hate messages for airing your views.... That's disgusting.

There's a lot to read through on this forum but it seems there's a bit of agreement breaking out that you can't move things along if all you do is throw cheap insults at each side of the argument. It's not just in the US either. It's just as prevalent in this country... We just have less guns thankfully.

Social media / media has a huge power here to heal or divide and at the moment there's a lot of dividing going on. Stronger together. "

Exactly.

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

Social media / media has a huge power here to heal or divide and at the moment there's a lot of dividing going on. Stronger together. "

There’s powerful narratives at work on both sides of the fence which really need breaking down.

Media and social media is largely to blame unfortunately.

Deprogramming?

What the hell is that?

So sad.

Social media / media has a huge power here to heal or divide and at the moment there's a lot of dividing going on. Stronger together.

There’s powerful narratives at work on both sides of the fence which really need breaking down.

Media and social media is largely to blame unfortunately. "

I agree 100%

i'd say it was currently in the hands of the republican party and their lickspittle comericial television channels as they seem to represent the morally lacking element. the GOP need to have a good long hard look at the entryists in their midst especially those such as Derrick Evans, who have gravitated to the toxic bile spewed over the last 4 decades by the likes of James Addison Baker, George Schultz, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Marjory Taylor Green, Lyndsey Graham etc etc etc ad infinitum

"i'd say it was currently in the hands of the republican party and their lickspittle comericial television channels as they seem to represent the morally lacking element. the GOP need to have a good long hard look at the entryists in their midst especially those such as Derrick Evans, who have gravitated to the toxic bile spewed over the last 4 decades by the likes of James Addison Baker, George Schultz, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Marjory Taylor Green, Lyndsey Graham etc etc etc ad infinitum"

That where you are wrong. You still spewing party divides and handing it over to another party. They are both at fault all this to win a election. This has been going on for years. The rehtoric from both sides caused this. The Call for civil war is real they need to step up and quit blaming each other. It just takes 1 spark to ignite this then darker days ahead.

your deployment of the false equivalence fallacy has just undermined your standpoint.

"your deployment of the false equivalence fallacy has just undermined your standpoint."

How so ? You living this fallacy everyday ? No you just receiving tidbits. You are not in the trenches. It's easy to pass judgement sitting in a chair. Fact both parties created this mess. I giving you viewpoint from the ground here. So what is your solution carry on with the status quo ?

i answered that question previously

How is my argument in any way a Fallacy ? Please explain. Policies in your eyes that can't be taken back ? This argument you calling a fallacy a mistaking belief is why we are here in the first place. From both sides not just 1.

"How is my argument in any way a Fallacy ? Please explain. Policies in your eyes that can't be taken back ? This argument you calling a fallacy a mistaking belief is why we are here in the first place. From both sides not just 1."

you misunderstand. see 'false equivalence fallacy'

By *alisburycplCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

When you surround yourself with ‘Yes Sir’ people.

You begin to believe your own Bulls..t!

That’s what’s partly happened to Trump!

By *esty 2021Man  over a year ago

Rockford IL

T-shirts with 6MWNE are racist

Do the apologists actually know what it means?

T-shirts with Auschwitz Summer Camp are racist.

"T-shirts with 6MWNE are racist

"

I haven’t seen anyone deny those things aren’t racist?

"

No one mentioned proud boys...

By *esty 2021Man  over a year ago

Rockford IL

I haven’t seen anyone deny those things aren’t racist?"

I have seen it said the events of Wednesday were not race related. Maybe not fully but there were clearly seen evidence of racial hatred by some stirred up by people inside the Government.

I agree with Kyarnic though as one of the few people who live here that legal process should take its course on the rioters, there seems to be an air of unity more than before and we move onwards and upwards.

I have seen it said the events of Wednesday were not race related. Maybe not fully but there were clearly seen evidence of racial hatred by some stirred up by people inside the Government.

I agree with Kyarnic though as one of the few people who live here that legal process should take its course on the rioters, there seems to be an air of unity more than before and we move onwards and upwards."

Your original post was about racist t shirt slogans. I said nobody disagrees they’re racist slogans. I’m not denying there will have been racists in attendance, but it very much looks like you’re doing the one thing Kynaric and I are arguing against - tarring everyone with the same brush.

the confederate flag being paraded around the capitol hasn't gone down well it seems

Chippewa

I agree with Kyarnic though as one of the few people who live here that legal process should take its course on the rioters, there seems to be an air of unity more than before and we move onwards and upwards."

I agree wi Kyarnic as well due process for all, and i will add that any future "bad actors" should be prosecuted with equal zeal! Stop accepting abhorent behavior.

I agree with Kyarnic though as one of the few people who live here that legal process should take its course on the rioters, there seems to be an air of unity more than before and we move onwards and upwards.

I agree wi Kyarnic as well due process for all, and i will add that any future "bad actors" should be prosecuted with equal zeal! Stop accepting abhorent behavior. "

I agree wi Kyarnic as well due process for all, and i will add that any future "bad actors" should be prosecuted with equal zeal! Stop accepting abhorent behavior. "

I don’t think anybody here is accepting of abhorrent behaviour, from wearing racist t shirts to actually storming the capitol. I haven’t seen one person come out and say ‘this is amazing’

Gloucester

I agree. Resorting to rude and abusive rhetoric tells me that the ability to come up with reasoned argument is lacking, or the abuser is just following a popular movement with no real in-depth knowledge.

One thing that’s struck me reading through the comments on this thread and others, is theres still a huge rift between disparate groups when it comes to politics. If your immediate go to is to insult anyone that thinks differently to you, then you’re part of the problem and creating divisiveness. Then to have the audacity to be outraged when something like this happens...it’s beyond me

I agree. Resorting to rude and abusive rhetoric tells me that the ability to come up with reasoned argument is lacking, or the abuser is just following a popular movement with no real in-depth knowledge. "

And that is the issue. No one wants to hear the average supporter without at some point resulting in a insult. The media at it again with their rehtoric. I afraid this going to be a never ending cycle. It has gone far past the boundaries of politics now. It is more on a personal level with alot of people.

By *igDMBMan  over a year ago

romford

I would bang them all up for treason & make them work like dogs in hard labour camps & then hopefully they would appreciate living in a free & wealthy country. There’s loads of muppets & idiots like that here in Blighty (UK) that have the same mentality.

A lot of work needs to be done in both our countries to stop racism & equal rights for both men & women no matter your background

"I would bang them all up for treason & make them work like dogs in hard labour camps & then hopefully they would appreciate living in a free & wealthy country. There’s loads of muppets & idiots like that here in Blighty (UK) that have the same mentality.

A lot of work needs to be done in both our countries to stop racism & equal rights for both men & women no matter your background "

And I get accused of being authoritarian

Liberty and Justice for all not some. Anyone that had any involvement in any type of sedition on local state and federal level. Inciting inserrection and inciting riots. The whole slate needs to clean.

Media keeps fueling the fire. Warning signs there AGAIN.I watching it on social media too. This has gone way past Trump and Biden.

All the events at the capital would have been avoided if the election had been properly audited.

"All the events at the capital would have been avoided if the election had been properly audited.

"

Our state is in serious question.

"All the events at the capital would have been avoided if the election had been properly audited.

Our state is in serious question."

Which state is that?

Pennsylvania

doncaster

It's a crying shame , there is so much in life to enjoy and take thanks that we are living in what should be the best times ever , being alive has never been as good

"It's a crying shame , there is so much in life to enjoy and take thanks that we are living in what should be the best times ever , being alive has never been as good "

And yet people on both sides of the isle still want to cause divide. With name calling. Alot of politicians on both sides provoked violence on multiple levels. Yet here we are living this wonderful dream.

doncaster

"It's a crying shame , there is so much in life to enjoy and take thanks that we are living in what should be the best times ever , being alive has never been as good

And yet people on both sides of the isle still want to cause divide. With name calling. Alot of politicians on both sides provoked violence on multiple levels. Yet here we are living this wonderful dream."

there hell bent on power !

"It's a crying shame , there is so much in life to enjoy and take thanks that we are living in what should be the best times ever , being alive has never been as good

And yet people on both sides of the isle still want to cause divide. With name calling. Alot of politicians on both sides provoked violence on multiple levels. Yet here we are living this wonderful dream.there hell bent on power ! "

Both sides are.

Gloucestershire

People seem to forget, you don’t negotiate with terrorists.

Too many sympathisers here, trying to humanise them. We didn’t before and we don’t now.

These people had intent to overthrow a legitimate Government through violent action.

They made themselves a clear and present danger to the freedom and democracy of the US. This should also be a warning to other democracies that these groups are a growing threat in their own countries and they need to wake up to threat now and crush it.

Tin town

"People seem to forget, you don’t negotiate with terrorists.

Too many sympathisers here, trying to humanise them. We didn’t before and we don’t now.

These people had intent to overthrow a legitimate Government through violent action.

They made themselves a clear and present danger to the freedom and democracy of the US. This should also be a warning to other democracies that these groups are a growing threat in their own countries and they need to wake up to threat now and crush it.

"

"People seem to forget, you don’t negotiate with terrorists."

That's such a quaint saying... Nothing like the truth but a nice saying to trot out in public. Then see the negotiations that happen outside of the public eye.

https://video.parler.com/Q5/Wz/Q5WzApnChDA7_small.mp4

This is the conservative stance like it or not.

Gloucestershire

"https://video.parler.com/Q5/Wz/Q5WzApnChDA7_small.mp4

This is the conservative stance like it or not."

Ahh parler, the choice of today’s alt right nut job.

Gloucestershire

"People seem to forget, you don’t negotiate with terrorists.

"People seem to forget, you don’t negotiate with terrorists."

That's such a quaint saying... Nothing like the truth but a nice saying to trot out in public. Then see the negotiations that happen outside of the public eye.

"

Yeah right, not in this case, those terrorists are going down for a long time.

Ireland and the Middle East show that negotiation is key.

The cases above (Ire/ME) though are legitimate grievances, the Qanon crowd are delusional mentalists.

Does anyone here actually read the /b/ board on 4chan? These people are crazy.

(the 'anon' part is due to 4chan's posting requirements)

Sorry I meant the /Pol/ board. /B/ is just... scary.

Ahh parler, the choice of today’s alt right nut job. "

How is this video in any way alt right nut job ? When we condemn all violence. But hey what do I know we just live here. Then you wonder " Why " there is more violence. Keep trying to suppress the average republican voice. Donald and the far right ranks will just grow and it is pushing people that far sets a even more dangerous precedent.

that outwardly appears to sound like a right wing insurrectionist threat to cause violence to wider american society if the rights goals are not achieved.

"that outwardly appears to sound like a right wing insurrectionist threat to cause violence to wider american society if the rights goals are not achieved."

What in any context in the video was any threat proposed ?

How is this video in any way alt right nut job ? When we condemn all violence. But hey what do I know we just live here. Then you wonder " Why " there is more violence. Keep trying to suppress the average republican voice. Donald and the far right ranks will just grow and it is pushing people that far sets a even more dangerous precedent."

The way I saw it was, the guy in the video was trying to place anti fascists, BLM and people protesting for racial equality, on the same level as the proud boys and white nationalists protesting because they want to overturn the election result. He over simplified the issues, and tried to make out like these groups are all the same, with the same agenda.

How is this video in any way alt right nut job ? When we condemn all violence. But hey what do I know we just live here. Then you wonder " Why " there is more violence. Keep trying to suppress the average republican voice. Donald and the far right ranks will just grow and it is pushing people that far sets a even more dangerous precedent.

The way I saw it was, the guy in the video was trying to place anti fascists, BLM and people protesting for racial equality, on the same level as the proud boys and white nationalists protesting because they want to overturn the election result. He over simplified the issues, and tried to make out like these groups are all the same, with the same agenda. "

But we all have the same agenda equality without violence. But silence that voice right. Let's just push more people to the outer fringe on both sides instead of calling what it is. Violence in any form against anyone is not acceptable. AT ALL. All races should condemn the actions of both sides. Listen to both sides instead of silencing voices right now is not a great idea.

"What in any context in the video was any threat proposed ?"

not the video

Chippewa

Violence in any form against anyone is not acceptable. AT ALL

Couldnt agree more

Linking a Parler vid, lol.

That guy ends with 'the media are the enemy of the people'. I don't think you can get through to these people, they're in a cult.

If you can't see the difference between BLM protests and what happened earlier this week then I certainly can't help you.

Also, imagine having your nation's flag hung up on a wall in your living room, lmao.

Failed state. My thoughts go out to the sane people in the States. If you're reading this, stay safe and hang in there folks.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/10/mary-trump-my-uncle-is-unstable-he-needs-to-be-removed-immediately

Once again, I hope the sane people in the States are safe and well.

The way I saw it was, the guy in the video was trying to place anti fascists, BLM and people protesting for racial equality, on the same level as the proud boys and white nationalists protesting because they want to overturn the election result. He over simplified the issues, and tried to make out like these groups are all the same, with the same agenda.

But we all have the same agenda equality without violence. But silence that voice right. Let's just push more people to the outer fringe on both sides instead of calling what it is. Violence in any form against anyone is not acceptable. AT ALL. All races should condemn the actions of both sides. Listen to both sides instead of silencing voices right now is not a great idea. "

That's just it though. One group was protesting for equality (BLM), and one group was protesting under the banner of being against equality (proud boys, white supremacists etc).

You can condemn the violent individuals, but it's wrong to suggest these different groups have equally noble missions.

I agree that silencing people, isn't the right approach.

I'm undecided over removing people from Twitter etc. I'm not criticising them for it, Trump broke their rules so they can boot him. But I think this just moves the problems somewhere else.

But we all have the same agenda equality without violence. But silence that voice right. Let's just push more people to the outer fringe on both sides instead of calling what it is. Violence in any form against anyone is not acceptable. AT ALL. All races should condemn the actions of both sides. Listen to both sides instead of silencing voices right now is not a great idea.

That's just it though. One group was protesting for equality (BLM), and one group was protesting under the banner of being against equality (proud boys, white supremacists etc).

You can condemn the violent individuals, but it's wrong to suggest these different groups have equally noble missions.

I'm undecided over removing people from Twitter etc. I'm not criticising them for it, Trump broke their rules so they can boot him. But I think this just moves the problems somewhere else. "

I don’t think the suggestion is they’re equally noble causes. Violence and violence and should be condemned and punished.

I'm undecided over removing people from Twitter etc. I'm not criticising them for it, Trump broke their rules so they can boot him. But I think this just moves the problems somewhere else.

I don’t think the suggestion is they’re equally noble causes. Violence and violence and should be condemned and punished. "

Maybe I picked it up wrong then.

I was replying to "But we all have the same agenda equality without violence".

And i understood the chap from the video was trying to put the two groups of protesters on a level. Rather than putting the violent individuals on a level.

I also think you should be allowed to discuss either set of protests without referencing or condemning the other. Otherwise it becomes rediculous and you have to mention every protest ever.

I, for one, am fine mocking and ridiculing white supremacists.

"I, for one, am fine mocking and ridiculing white supremacists."

^^^^ right here is the issue. Assumes everybody is a white supremacist. Prove I am one let's hear your argument. Quit hiding behind smoke and mirrors. Call me out.

I don’t think the suggestion is they’re equally noble causes. Violence and violence and should be condemned and punished.

And i understood the chap from the video was trying to put the two groups of protesters on a level. Rather than putting the violent individuals on a level.

I also think you should be allowed to discuss either set of protests without referencing or condemning the other. Otherwise it becomes rediculous and you have to mention every protest ever."

Ah I see. I’ve not watched the video just picking up on the theme of Kyneric.

Both descended into abominable behaviour, regardless of whether you think their actions were noble. And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me. They are convinced they’ve had the election stolen from them, just like BLM believe they live in a systemically racist system. I don’t dispute either sides right to believe what they want, but I strongly oppose the use of violence to achieve their aims. If that makes sense.

I also think you should be allowed to discuss either set of protests without referencing or condemning the other. Otherwise it becomes rediculous and you have to mention every protest ever.

Both descended into abominable behaviour, regardless of whether you think their actions were noble. And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me. They are convinced they’ve had the election stolen from them, just like BLM believe they live in a systemically racist system. I don’t dispute either sides right to believe what they want, but I strongly oppose the use of violence to achieve their aims. If that makes sense. "

I agree with that in general, violence towards fellow humans is not tolerable.

I don't necessarily agree with "And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me." I think we can judge their principles. Doesn't mean I think you should ban people from being Proud Boys or White Supremacists. But I think you can judge that their mission has less value to society, than people like BLM who are campaigning for equality.

Both descended into abominable behaviour, regardless of whether you think their actions were noble. And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me. They are convinced they’ve had the election stolen from them, just like BLM believe they live in a systemically racist system. I don’t dispute either sides right to believe what they want, but I strongly oppose the use of violence to achieve their aims. If that makes sense.

I don't necessarily agree with "And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me." I think we can judge their principles. Doesn't mean I think you should ban people from being Proud Boys or White Supremacists. But I think you can judge that their mission has less value to society, than people like BLM who are campaigning for equality. "

That’s not what I was saying sorry. What I mean is your perception of their beliefs doesn’t really matter to them. It’s doesn’t make them any less real to them. All you can try to do is educate, engage and explain. Silencing and censorship only serves to bury those ideas deeper where they grow roots, and they’re that much more difficult to remove so 100% agree with you there.

I don't necessarily agree with "And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me." I think we can judge their principles. Doesn't mean I think you should ban people from being Proud Boys or White Supremacists. But I think you can judge that their mission has less value to society, than people like BLM who are campaigning for equality.

That’s not what I was saying sorry. What I mean is your perception of their beliefs doesn’t really matter to them. It’s doesn’t make them any less real to them. All you can try to do is educate, engage and explain. Silencing and censorship only serves to bury those ideas deeper where they grow roots, and they’re that much more difficult to remove so 100% agree with you there. "

Yeah, I would agree with you there. Open dialogue, and actually listening to what people have to say.

Both descended into abominable behaviour, regardless of whether you think their actions were noble. And just because you may not agree with the principles of one group doesn’t make their personal beliefs any less legitimate for me. They are convinced they’ve had the election stolen from them, just like BLM believe they live in a systemically racist system. I don’t dispute either sides right to believe what they want, but I strongly oppose the use of violence to achieve their aims. If that makes sense. "

I said repeatedly that biden won. But you are correct Violence is never a answer. When we say everyone should be held accountable it's bad you are a white supremacist. Even tho there are black conservatives in our ranks. Guess they are uncle tom's too right. The narrative played out is why people are pissed. Can't have a different point of view. Hodge twins Colion noir all Black conservative. Yup we all white supremacists. Look it your own souls and figure out why things the way they are.... Paint a picture of what we are. I am fine I love justice for all no matter the past. Let's a just hope there is a future.

I said repeatedly that biden won. But you are correct Violence is never a answer. When we say everyone should be held accountable it's bad you are a white supremacist. Even tho there are black conservatives in our ranks. Guess they are uncle tom's too right. The narrative played out is why people are pissed. Can't have a different point of view. Hodge twins Colion noir all Black conservative. Yup we all white supremacists. Look it your own souls and figure out why things the way they are.... Paint a picture of what we are. I am fine I love justice for all no matter the past. Let's a just hope there is a future."

Maybe I am mistaken. But I don't think anyone was suggesting you're a white supremacist.

I said repeatedly that biden won. But you are correct Violence is never a answer. When we say everyone should be held accountable it's bad you are a white supremacist. Even tho there are black conservatives in our ranks. Guess they are uncle tom's too right. The narrative played out is why people are pissed. Can't have a different point of view. Hodge twins Colion noir all Black conservative. Yup we all white supremacists. Look it your own souls and figure out why things the way they are.... Paint a picture of what we are. I am fine I love justice for all no matter the past. Let's a just hope there is a future.

Maybe I am mistaken. But I don't think anyone was suggesting you're a white supremacist. "

I would like to hear his points on his white supremacist theory of the conservative party . I fly my flag in the house and outside in honor of those who served. That died defending people's rights. Black white and hispanic who sacrafice thier lives. No race issues at all respect for each other's back. But he assumed he flying the flag OH GOD he a rascist in the video brainwashed by the media because you want to honor your fallen brothers and sisters.

"I, for one, am fine mocking and ridiculing white supremacists.

^^^^ right here is the issue. Assumes everybody is a white supremacist. Prove I am one let's hear your argument. Quit hiding behind smoke and mirrors. Call me out."

Didn't say you're one, said I'm fine mocking them. I see you self identified though, lol.

No smoke and mirrors here pal, I think I'm being pretty transparent.

Keep digging buddy

Sorry folks I shouldn't bait these people, I know.

"Sorry folks I shouldn't bait these people, I know."

You did imply those with their nations flag hung up their homes were part of a cult

Feel free to disagree but you can’t sit and say she self identified as a white supremacist when you’ve set your stall out with such inflammatory rhetoric ha!

"Sorry folks I shouldn't bait these people, I know."

Transparent is 2 way I listen you responded I not digging. Why do you think everyone that has a flag a "white supremacist ". Why when we say violence is note a answer is a " white supremacist". I would love to hear your opinion. You are so inclined to throw blame and on people out over a different view. But yet no substantial view as to why you are doing it. Violence is violence quit trying to justify a end to a meaning. There is no comming back from the dead there is no resurrection.