FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > US cities too far gone?

US cities too far gone?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unnyPair OP   Couple  over a year ago

Seminole

Which US cities are on your never visit list and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Which US cities are on your never visit list and why?"

Lol well any of them right now. We never liked major cities. It's not that they are bad. It's just a choice we like the country life. Major cities are too segregated. Always been a country girl first time I went to Philly was a culture shock for me. It's just a personal choice I don't enjoy them like some people do.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Best US city I've visited was Honolulu , fabulous place

"Best US city I've visited was Honolulu , fabulous place "

Yes but wouldn't live there lol.

doncaster

"Best US city I've visited was Honolulu , fabulous place

Yes but wouldn't live there lol. "

me neither ! Though I'd go live in Singapore tomorrow if that opportunity arose

By *pidermanandMaryjaneCouple  over a year ago

Burbank

L. A . Burbank.. or just .. la in general.. here its one big melting pot of cultural and ppl .. from literally every walk of life ..

Don't believe everything u read.. go explore.. experience.

Live

"L. A . Burbank.. or just .. la in general.. here its one big melting pot of cultural and ppl .. from literally every walk of life ..

Don't believe everything u read.. go explore.. experience.

Live"

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

I don't care for big cities, seen the most of them, it's not my idea of fun at all. I would much rather see the natural beauty of nature and smell the fresh air. The best thing about big cities, I live no where near any of them lol.

doncaster

"I don't care for big cities, seen the most of them, it's not my idea of fun at all. I would much rather see the natural beauty of nature and smell the fresh air. The best thing about big cities, I live no where near any of them lol. "
I share your sentiments regarding the major US cities , most are underwhelming to say the least , I'm more of a country bumpkin myself too but was awe struck by Hong Kong and Singapore in particular , I could definitely fit in in Singapore ! Though tbh I'd miss the UK countryside too much , London is a hell hole

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

"I don't care for big cities, seen the most of them, it's not my idea of fun at all. I would much rather see the natural beauty of nature and smell the fresh air. The best thing about big cities, I live no where near any of them lol. I share your sentiments regarding the major US cities , most are underwhelming to say the least , I'm more of a country bumpkin myself too but was awe struck by Hong Kong and Singapore in particular , I could definitely fit in in Singapore ! Though tbh

I'd miss the UK countryside too much , London is

a hell hole "

I fit in that country bumpkin category as well lol, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being out in nature, seeing the animals and pretty scenery makes me happy. I'm sure the UK countryside is beautiful, I've seen many pictures of it in my life, but unfortunately I've never made it to the UK yet, but I would love to, maybe someday.

I have twice visited New Orleans "the most un-American city in America"The cultural influences:Native Americans,Afro-American,Spanish,French,British.American.Mid-morning have a coffee and beignets in Jackson Square.Eat Creole and Cajun food.Walk to French Quarter:Listen to Jazz,Blues and Preservation Jazz Hall.Go down and see the Mississippi River.

"I have twice visited New Orleans "the most un-American city in America"The cultural influences:Native Americans,Afro-American,Spanish,French,British.American.Mid-morning have a coffee and beignets in Jackson Square.Eat Creole and Cajun food.Walk to French Quarter:Listen to Jazz,Blues and Preservation Jazz Hall.Go down and see the Mississippi River."

New Orleans is absolutely fantastic. The big easy. We go for Mardi-gras, every other year

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

"I don't care for big cities, seen the most of them, it's not my idea of fun at all. I would much rather see the natural beauty of nature and smell the fresh air. The best thing about big cities, I live no where near any of them lol. I share your sentiments regarding the major US cities , most are underwhelming to say the least , I'm more of a country bumpkin myself too but was awe struck by Hong Kong and Singapore in particular , I could definitely fit in in Singapore ! Though tbh I'd miss the UK countryside too much , London is a hell hole "

That's funny - I was thinking the same about Doncaster.

doncaster

"I don't care for big cities, seen the most of them, it's not my idea of fun at all. I would much rather see the natural beauty of nature and smell the fresh air. The best thing about big cities, I live no where near any of them lol. I share your sentiments regarding the major US cities , most are underwhelming to say the least , I'm more of a country bumpkin myself too but was awe struck by Hong Kong and Singapore in particular , I could definitely fit in in Singapore ! Though tbh I'd miss the UK countryside too much , London is a hell hole

That's funny - I was thinking the same about Doncaster. "

well you wouldn't be wrong , Doncaster is a shit hole , at least I admit it

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I have twice visited New Orleans "the most un-American city in America"The cultural influences:Native Americans,Afro-American,Spanish,French,British.American.Mid-morning have a coffee and beignets in Jackson Square.Eat Creole and Cajun food.Walk to French Quarter:Listen to Jazz,Blues and Preservation Jazz Hall.Go down and see the Mississippi River.

New Orleans is absolutely fantastic. The big easy. We go for Mardi-gras, every other year "

Another for NOLA. Absolutely loved the place and looking forward to being able to visit again.

I went to Austin as part of the same vacation and thought highly of it too.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

cant comment on u.s citys or the u.s in general as wenever i travel i prefer going to non english speaking countrys.just dont see the appeal of going to another country that speaks the same language as i do.part of the fun of going abroad for me is picking up other languages much more of an adventure trying to communicate with the locals

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

I'll never do the walk from San Francisco South train station to the center again. Not the nicest part of town.

Dallas bored me to tears.

I have to do a music pilgrimage to Sunset Strip in LA however and have a drink at the rainbow.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

San Francisco amazing friendly city like to go back one day

You see I can't decide, I've loved every part of America I've visted.

The hustle and bustle of NY

The bright lights of LA

The history of SF

The authenticity of NO

the globalness of LV

The bison of Yellowstone

The waterfalls of Yosemite

The peaceful silence of Death Valley

Every part of America is what makes it great!

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

travelled through bunkerville nevada a few of years ago. it's not exactly a city, however it's a very very strange place that seems to have attracted thousands of mentally unwell people for some reason. highly recommend that it be avoided.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"I don't care for big cities, seen the most of them, it's not my idea of fun at all. I would much rather see the natural beauty of nature and smell the fresh air. The best thing about big cities, I live no where near any of them lol. I share your sentiments regarding the major US cities , most are underwhelming to say the least , I'm more of a country bumpkin myself too but was awe struck by Hong Kong and Singapore in particular , I could definitely fit in in Singapore ! Though tbh I'd miss the UK countryside too much , London is a hell hole "

oh i like the sleaze of a big city, its nice getting screwed in a meadow or a woodland glade, perhaps in a stream by several skinny dippers but its good getting fucked against the wall in a concrete shit hole.... or past around in some seedy club or on a posh bed in a nice hotel or... i wouldnt avoid any city if in the mood for a city!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"You see I can't decide, I've loved every part of America I've visted.

The bright lights of LA

The history of SF

The authenticity of NO

the globalness of LV

The bison of Yellowstone

Every part of America is what makes it great!"

It's such a diverse place, I like how each state can feel like it's own country

doncaster

The bright lights of LA

The history of SF

The authenticity of NO

the globalness of LV

The bison of Yellowstone

It's such a diverse place, I like how each state can feel like it's own country "

it was showing where biden grew up on TV here yesterday , place called Scranton PA , the amount of decaying buildings and factories around made it look 3rd world , wondering if he will invest money into the area ? , geez it needs it or pull the lot down , cute wooden house he lived in tho

The bright lights of LA

The history of SF

The authenticity of NO

the globalness of LV

The bison of Yellowstone

It's such a diverse place, I like how each state can feel like it's own country it was showing where biden grew up on TV here yesterday , place called Scranton PA , the amount of decaying buildings and factories around made it look 3rd world , wondering if he will invest money into the area ? , geez it needs it or pull the lot down , cute wooden house he lived in tho "

Nope we live near there it's a distressed city. He had 47 years to help and you see the results.

doncaster

The bright lights of LA

The history of SF

The authenticity of NO

the globalness of LV

The bison of Yellowstone

It's such a diverse place, I like how each state can feel like it's own country it was showing where biden grew up on TV here yesterday , place called Scranton PA , the amount of decaying buildings and factories around made it look 3rd world , wondering if he will invest money into the area ? , geez it needs it or pull the lot down , cute wooden house he lived in tho

Nope we live near there it's a distressed city. He had 47 years to help and you see the results."

no wonder why it's called the rust belt

[Removed by poster at 28/01/21 23:28:28]

I lived in Boston and yes there are some cities in mid west that that are a bit run down (think we will all know which ones so 8 don't want single out) but all countries have disadvantaged cities and even they have some good things going for them despite being neglected. Some parts of LA and oakland I found really dangerous but because they in sunshine with palm trees you think "oh isn't this nice" but they ain't...Innocent Irish boy at the time

If it's got a dirt track I'm sold

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Of all the places I have visited I have say not a great fan of LA.... but loved San Diego and San Francisco... generally not a fan of Florida either...

Other places I love... I could absolutely move to Austin tomorrow! I also love Toronto... it’s basically a much more laid back version of New York!

doncaster

"Of all the places I have visited I have say not a great fan of LA.... but loved San Diego and San Francisco... generally not a fan of Florida either...

Other places I love... I could absolutely move to Austin tomorrow! I also love Toronto... it’s basically a much more laid back version of New York! "

Toronto is in Canada not the us tho

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Of all the places I have visited I have say not a great fan of LA.... but loved San Diego and San Francisco... generally not a fan of Florida either...

Other places I love... I could absolutely move to Austin tomorrow! I also love Toronto... it’s basically a much more laid back version of New York! Toronto is in Canada not the us tho "

You are so pedantic! Ever gone Canada to us, I haven't, wonder what the boarder guards are like, as doesn't canada hate us? Frisk me harder, strip search yes please lol

I played a couple of gigs in Trenton, New Jersey in the 80's. that was quite place back then. i'm not sure that it's still quite as rough these days but back then there was a noticable amount of white supremacist racist boneheads there.

By *unnyPair OP   Couple  over a year ago

Seminole

What led you to believe they were all of those things?

mostly because they made sure they mentioned it whilst they attempted to attack people. they came across as appearing to be a very sad and confused bunch of individuals who clearly had issues with a lack of both maturity and intelligence on the whole.

» Add a new message to this topic