FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > Anyone entered the USA recently ?

Anyone entered the USA recently ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone on here actually entered the USA since the restrictions on UK citizens ?

We are headed there in December (after being out of the UK for 14 days first)

Interested in anyone with actual real life experience of entering recently

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone on here actually entered the USA since the restrictions on UK citizens ?

Interested in anyone with actual real life experience of entering recently "

As far as I know they have not opened up foreign travel into the United States as of yet. Travel abroad for us is frowned upon even with the vaccine. I'm in Florida and we haven't seen much of anything for tourists except those of a domestic nature

Yeah we can enter as long as we haven’t been in certain countries for 14 days prior. But I was actually looking to find someone with experience of entering to see how smooth it was going in

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My daughter was told by the US Visa Dpt yesterday that she needs to have proof "of National Interest" to be allowed to enter USA.

"My daughter was told by the US Visa Dpt yesterday that she needs to have proof "of National Interest" to be allowed to enter USA. "

Was that flying direct from the UK ?

Leeds

Yes. I appreciate you aren't doing that.

"Yes. I appreciate you aren't doing that. "

Ok, so as I understand it, British nationals double jabbed can enter if they have been out of the UK for 14 days prior.

Leeds

My daughter was told she also needs proof of MMR vaccination and negative BCG test within last 30 days. But she is going into a hospital so maybe it's different to a holiday.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I am currently in the States, came back here just over a week ago from UK. Currently you can only enter the USA if you have an NIE (national interest exception waiver) and a VISA. They aren't issuing new NIE's now unless technical job based I was informed this last week by my immigration lawyer in the States, as I am trying to get my son back over with me and cannot even do that.

You can in theory gain entry via another country by staying there 15 days. I know people this has worked for, but I know also know of peeps turned away at the border.

The covid infection rates here are going through the roof so I can't see anything changing very soon.

If you want more info I am happy to inbox with you OP.

Filthy Fuckeryville

"My daughter was told she also needs proof of MMR vaccination and negative BCG test within last 30 days. But she is going into a hospital so maybe it's different to a holiday. "

I didn't need that. Just a negative Covid test and my NIE.

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Yes. I appreciate you aren't doing that.

Ok, so as I understand it, British nationals double jabbed can enter if they have been out of the UK for 14 days prior. "

In theory yes, in practice not so simple.

By *avegaMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Came out to the the USA just before COVID and now can’t go to the UK! (Well actually I can but then can’t come back and that would be a shame as I am working out here). The legal advice I have received is that No, you cannot enter the USA direct from UK without a special visa. You will need to travel through a 3rd country and stay there for 14days before entering... but then (and also, as said already) things (may) not be simple. You will need to enter with a visa or esta.. not sure how easy an esta is these days. If an esta is straight forward, then I understand the process simply involves 14days in a 3rd country (simple!!!)

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Came out to the the USA just before COVID and now can’t go to the UK! (Well actually I can but then can’t come back and that would be a shame as I am working out here). The legal advice I have received is that No, you cannot enter the USA direct from UK without a special visa. You will need to travel through a 3rd country and stay there for 14days before entering... but then (and also, as said already) things (may) not be simple. You will need to enter with a visa or esta.. not sure how easy an esta is these days. If an esta is straight forward, then I understand the process simply involves 14days in a 3rd country (simple!!!)"

They still issue ESTA's out but they are useless without an NIE if you are coming from certain countries

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Came out to the the USA just before COVID and now can’t go to the UK! (Well actually I can but then can’t come back and that would be a shame as I am working out here). The legal advice I have received is that No, you cannot enter the USA direct from UK without a special visa. You will need to travel through a 3rd country and stay there for 14days before entering... but then (and also, as said already) things (may) not be simple. You will need to enter with a visa or esta.. not sure how easy an esta is these days. If an esta is straight forward, then I understand the process simply involves 14days in a 3rd country (simple!!!)"

Depending on the company you work for, they maybe able to get you a waiver for you to visit home. I know a fair few who have done this

By *allguynowMan  over a year ago

durham

A very good friend of mine is from Florida originally. I entered her last night with no problem at all.

By *esty 2021Man  over a year ago

Rockford IL

Haven’t you overstayed then? If you are working on an L1 you can leave and come back?

I also came here Dec 2019 and had to extend my B1 as I ended up here past my 6 months validity. I am now going for residency but can’t leave the US unless I apply for travel parole until my Green card is granted

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Came out to the the USA just before COVID and now can’t go to the UK! (Well actually I can but then can’t come back and that would be a shame as I am working out here). The legal advice I have received is that No, you cannot enter the USA direct from UK without a special visa. You will need to travel through a 3rd country and stay there for 14days before entering... but then (and also, as said already) things (may) not be simple. You will need to enter with a visa or esta.. not sure how easy an esta is these days. If an esta is straight forward, then I understand the process simply involves 14days in a 3rd country (simple!!!)

Haven’t you overstayed then? If you are working on an L1 you can leave and come back?

I also came here Dec 2019 and had to extend my B1 as I ended up here past my 6 months validity. I am now going for residency but can’t leave the US unless I apply for travel parole until my Green card is granted "

I know my L1 was extended without having to leave the US like you normally would as the embassy has been closed to visitors for this..... But was also told couldn't leave and return without a waiver.

Rockford IL

"Came out to the the USA just before COVID and now can’t go to the UK! (Well actually I can but then can’t come back and that would be a shame as I am working out here). The legal advice I have received is that No, you cannot enter the USA direct from UK without a special visa. You will need to travel through a 3rd country and stay there for 14days before entering... but then (and also, as said already) things (may) not be simple. You will need to enter with a visa or esta.. not sure how easy an esta is these days. If an esta is straight forward, then I understand the process simply involves 14days in a 3rd country (simple!!!)

I also came here Dec 2019 and had to extend my B1 as I ended up here past my 6 months validity. I am now going for residency but can’t leave the US unless I apply for travel parole until my Green card is granted

I know my L1 was extended without having to leave the US like you normally would as the embassy has been closed to visitors for this..... But was also told couldn't leave and return without a waiver. "

Ah ok makes sense. All of Immigration is a shitshow. My visa took 13 months to extend it and when they did they extended it to 12 months ago!!

It doesn’t matter as I am now on the path to residency but was a waste of time lol

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I actually found this out today.. a family member of a friend I know basically did this via Mexico (when Mexico wasn’t on the red list! Is now… don’t think about it!)

So really only an option for the rich at the moment

Filthy Fuckeryville

I actually found this out today.. a family member of a friend I know basically did this via Mexico (when Mexico wasn’t on the red list! Is now… don’t think about it!)

So really only an option for the rich at the moment "

Jamaica is the current option but no saying American TSA agree!

Rockford IL

So really only an option for the rich at the moment "

We scouted this as a way to get Sea's son in. Actually you can do it pretty cheaply and it is an option if you can get a flight to Mexico. Being on the redlist only affects going back to UK.

He, however, is coming in straight from Dublin on Saturday week but he is a dual citizen although doesn't have a US passport so still a CBP Ordeal.

"Has anyone on here actually entered the USA since the restrictions on UK citizens ?

Interested in anyone with actual real life experience of entering recently "

Which country are you going to spend 14 days in?

Which country are you going to spend 14 days in?"

Will go into Mexico for 14 days first. Then hopefully can enter into the USA and spend over 14 days there so can then return home from the USA without quarantine. This being said by the time December comes round hopefully the USA will have reciprocated the travel corridor so it will be a mute point anyway

Will go into Mexico for 14 days first. Then hopefully can enter into the USA and spend over 14 days there so can then return home from the USA without quarantine. This being said by the time December comes round hopefully the USA will have reciprocated the travel corridor so it will be a mute point anyway "

Good luck.

It's really unfair that they are penalising some countries but not others in their entry proclamations.

Will go into Mexico for 14 days first. Then hopefully can enter into the USA and spend over 14 days there so can then return home from the USA without quarantine. This being said by the time December comes round hopefully the USA will have reciprocated the travel corridor so it will be a mute point anyway

Good luck.

It's really unfair that they are penalising some countries but not others in their entry proclamations. "

Thanks. Worst way if the states won’t let us in we will look to shoot somewhere else after Mexico, perhaps S America for a few weeks. The turbulent unpredictable game that is now international travel !

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Good luck.

It's really unfair that they are penalising some countries but not others in their entry proclamations.

Thanks. Worst way if the states won’t let us in we will look to shoot somewhere else after Mexico, perhaps S America for a few weeks. The turbulent unpredictable game that is now international travel !"

South America is not an option as all … all the countries are on the red list… lol

Good luck.

Thanks. Worst way if the states won’t let us in we will look to shoot somewhere else after Mexico, perhaps S America for a few weeks. The turbulent unpredictable game that is now international travel !

South America is not an option as all … all the countries are on the red list… lol "

Oh bugger, thought one of the countries on my to do list might have been amber, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile etc. Will have to stick to Caribbean then !

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"A very good friend of mine is from Florida originally. I entered her last night with no problem at all. "

What was it like getting out again.? Were you allowed re entry..? Or did you have use the back door?

By *exyMPCouple  over a year ago

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Ok, so as I understand it, British nationals double jabbed can enter if they have been out of the UK for 14 days prior. "

Ok, so I'm in India at the moment. Been out of the UK for 14 days but am double jabbed.

Are you saying the US are going to let me fly from Bangalore to, say, Miami ? Just asking

Rockford IL

Ok, so as I understand it, British nationals double jabbed can enter if they have been out of the UK for 14 days prior.

Ok, so I'm in India at the moment. Been out of the UK for 14 days but am double jabbed.

Are you saying the US are going to let me fly from Bangalore to, say, Miami ? Just asking"

No

As per the State Dept website borders are closed with India except for specific categories meaning it is the same as the UK

* Effective May 4, the entry into the United States of certain nonimmigrant travelers who have been physically present in India is suspended by Presidential Proclamation. U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (LPR), and immigrants are not subject to the proclamation.

Are you saying the US are going to let me fly from Bangalore to, say, Miami ? Just asking"

No the 14 days have to be spent in a country not on their version of the red list

"My daughter was told she also needs proof of MMR vaccination and negative BCG test within last 30 days. But she is going into a hospital so maybe it's different to a holiday.

I didn't need that. Just a negative Covid test and my NIE. "

This, Im heading out in a couple of weeks for work so having to go through all this at the moment.

Filthy Fuckeryville

"My daughter was told she also needs proof of MMR vaccination and negative BCG test within last 30 days. But she is going into a hospital so maybe it's different to a holiday.

I didn't need that. Just a negative Covid test and my NIE.

This, Im heading out in a couple of weeks for work so having to go through all this at the moment."

I would advise being early to the airport.... Have come over a few times now during this and they can take forever processing your waiver! Last airline in Manchester insisted on ringing the consulate who initially declined my perfectly legit waiver before saying yeah ok.... I was at the check in desk well over 45mins, may even have been an hour. I was first in the priority line and it's a good job tbh!

Previous flight via Heathrow wasn't much better

Filthy Fuckeryville

Will go into Mexico for 14 days first. Then hopefully can enter into the USA and spend over 14 days there so can then return home from the USA without quarantine. This being said by the time December comes round hopefully the USA will have reciprocated the travel corridor so it will be a mute point anyway "

Mexico can be an issue at the moment but hopefully that will change. Was trying to get my son in and had to give up.... Was going via Jamaica but now can't travel to Jamaica from UK unless deemed essential

Mexico can be an issue at the moment but hopefully that will change. Was trying to get my son in and had to give up.... Was going via Jamaica but now can't travel to Jamaica from UK unless deemed essential "

What stopped him entering Mexico ? I think the BA flight to Mexico City is still operating

Filthy Fuckeryville

Mexico can be an issue at the moment but hopefully that will change. Was trying to get my son in and had to give up.... Was going via Jamaica but now can't travel to Jamaica from UK unless deemed essential

What stopped him entering Mexico ? I think the BA flight to Mexico City is still operating "

Due to it being red list and essential travel only he wouldn't have the paperwork to enter. I know of others turned away at the airport already. BA are flying to a lot of places (incl Jamaica) but you still need the papers to travel when essential travel only

In our own experiences this year this hasn’t been the case. It’s guidance only by the government not to travel to a red list country. There are no papers needed

By *orkshiretoneMan  over a year ago

Near Doncaster

Will be heading over in a couple of weeks but you need a national interest certificate at the moment to enter

No other way unfortunately

"Will be heading over in a couple of weeks but you need a national interest certificate at the moment to enter

No other way unfortunately "

Are you sure that applies when entering from another country having been out of the UK for 14 days first ??

Filthy Fuckeryville

Won't be a problem for you now OP!

Yep great news. Makes the trip far easier to plan

By *untimegeekMan  over a year ago

Havant

Have been in and out of USA 3 times since covid started from the UK . Only problem I had was in March when I tried to get in on the 14th day from Antigua and computer said noo. Had to wait in Miami airport immigration till the full 14 days were up. This time came in via Canada and everytime I've been given 90 day stay on my ESTA

Hey everyone, we are going to be in NYC over the thanksgiving weekend and were hoping to bump into Fab types whilst over there. Any ideas/suggestions other than taking a punt on a random club?

Xx

By *hiterosesCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

Hopefully we get in tomorrow…..been in Canada for 15 days…

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Hopefully we get in tomorrow…..been in Canada for 15 days…"

I left the States and went to Jamaica and returned to the States again without having to pull out my NIE without too much problem only couple of weeks ago.... A load of questions but that's all. Do have an American visa though.

I'm sure you'll be fine

"Hopefully we get in tomorrow…..been in Canada for 15 days…"

Good luck.

By *ogging DougMan  over a year ago

Guildford

Flying into Phoenix in less than 3 weeks

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford