Keep the guns, just make ammunition tightly restricted

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think the US should ban guns

"

I think they shouldn't send you lot anymore either

No ban ...Criminals not going to give up thiers I would rather have the ability to protect myself. Mental health laws for purchasing and red flag laws more prudent.

By *olves at bayCouple  over a year ago

cork

"Keep the guns, just make ammunition tightly restricted "

Or..price restrict ammunition. 50 dollars at least just for a single .22 round. Make filling your own or making your own illegal

By *olves at bayCouple  over a year ago

cork

"Keep the guns, just make ammunition tightly restricted

Or..price restrict ammunition. 50 dollars at least just for a single .22 round. Make filling your own or making your own illegal"

PS can easily be done. Put a special dye on the base of the round. If the ammunition you carry does not have this federal dye. Means it's illegal ammo

There will be a run on guns before any ban. It's already increasing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

£billions are paid by the gun lobby to keep politicians in power, which is why it's so difficult to get changes on this. The Republican party will prevent anything gun control related whilst in opposition. And it won't get raised by them, if in power. Gun money has phenomenal power.

The blindsided politicians reveal how much our species no longer is worthy of survival

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

No country in the world has people going into schools and supermarkets killing children

"No country in the world has people going into schools and supermarkets killing children"

It's impossible to take all guns 393 million registered firearms. That is not including illegal and firearms that predate gun registration.How do you suggest to accomplish that task? No knock warrants into people's houses?

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

we have always had much tighter gun control in the UK than the USA , when we have had mass shootings politicians have used them as a justification for tighter controls on guns & ammunition. the death rates from firearms are much lower in the UK so gun control does work, its a balance of the right to bare arms & the right to life

By *amantMan  over a year ago

Alnmouth

As an outsider, I've always found the debate around this very fascinating. We had a school shooting in the mid 90s. 16 children were murdered, along with a teacher. We outlawed handguns as a result. It remains our deadliest shooting. That was well over 20 years ago.

That same year, Australia suffered its worst mass shooting by a single shooter. 35 killed. In response, stricter gun laws. It remains their worst mass shooting.

In Germany in 2009, school shooting. 15 innocent people killed. Stricter gun laws followed, it remains their worst school shooting.

Worst mass shooting in American history? 2017. The time before that? 2016. How long before the next one? The Vegas one was appalling, it would've been difficult to miss.

I don't think any sane person would argue that all guns in the US would have to be confiscated and banned. Implying that they'd all have to go is a bad faith argument. A better question would be, how many of them are semi-automatic? Or full autos? Because the vast majority of those would have to go, as they have done in the civilised world. The lunacy of the American gun laws centres around them. Some states allow people to carry military-grade rifles openly, no training required to use them. In the army, you aren't given one unless you pass certain tests and even if you do, you don't carry one around all the time. Yet in some states, people can openly carry them even with no training whatsoever. It is lunacy to most Europeans that in the United States that is normal.

While people will talk about the NRA and the power they have, what gets missed is that they don't exist without reason. The NRA exists because enough Americans want it to. They want to be able to carry around military grade rifles and are happy keeping 'active shooter' drills in schools.

While it is not for us to interfere, we see the reports of the mass shootings and wonder how many more have to happen before serious change is brought about.

It's always going to a debate we had record sales of firearm purchases the past couple years.Both parties purchasing them. We go out to the range and it's not just republicans shooting.

It's will be impossible to take firearms from legal owners without warrants. Everyone agrees on redflag laws and better background checks. But not banning semi automatic. 20 million guns sold last year alone.2022 is on pace for the same amount.

By *amantMan  over a year ago

Alnmouth

It is a sensitive subject for many so gun ownership would need phased out and not just an overnight banning. Banning sales and imports would undoubtedly be the first act, require registration of all firearms, banning open carry, buy-back schemes of semi-autos and full autos, increase punitive measures for illegal possession og firearms, the confiscation of illegally-held weapons wouldn't take place until the very end. A lot of guns would be removed from circulation before confiscations started to take place. How many is difficult to assess, those who possess guns are the most likely to want to give theirs up the least. Though if some monetary incentive was offered, you would see some movement. Messaging and incentives would be of vital importance. Credible change could take place within that form of framework but only with popular support, a lot of it is there theoretically but it would take a mass movement for it to occur. A single-issue party, an infiltration of the Democrats or just a lobbying group like the NRA that could donate to supportive politicians the same way.

By *ay40Man  over a year ago

Kinross

"As an outsider, I've always found the debate around this very fascinating. We had a school shooting in the mid 90s. 16 children were murdered, along with a teacher. We outlawed handguns as a result. It remains our deadliest shooting. That was well over 20 years ago.

That same year, Australia suffered its worst mass shooting by a single shooter. 35 killed. In response, stricter gun laws. It remains their worst mass shooting.

In Germany in 2009, school shooting. 15 innocent people killed. Stricter gun laws followed, it remains their worst school shooting.

Worst mass shooting in American history? 2017. The time before that? 2016. How long before the next one? The Vegas one was appalling, it would've been difficult to miss.

I don't think any sane person would argue that all guns in the US would have to be confiscated and banned. Implying that they'd all have to go is a bad faith argument. A better question would be, how many of them are semi-automatic? Or full autos? Because the vast majority of those would have to go, as they have done in the civilised world. The lunacy of the American gun laws centres around them. Some states allow people to carry military-grade rifles openly, no training required to use them. In the army, you aren't given one unless you pass certain tests and even if you do, you don't carry one around all the time. Yet in some states, people can openly carry them even with no training whatsoever. It is lunacy to most Europeans that in the United States that is normal.

While people will talk about the NRA and the power they have, what gets missed is that they don't exist without reason. The NRA exists because enough Americans want it to. They want to be able to carry around military grade rifles and are happy keeping 'active shooter' drills in schools.

While it is not for us to interfere, we see the reports of the mass shootings and wonder how many more have to happen before serious change is brought about. "

very reasonable comments above, I was in vegas staying at the the signature MGM hotel on the night of the shooting, we had planned to go to the _estival but could not get tickets, perhaps being unable to get tickets worked well for us.

Young adults in the room next door to us did not return from that night.

As for your initial paragraph saying handguns are outlawed in the UK that is completely untrue

Many handguns are legal just more difficult to obtain, it is very easy to purchase most as long as LBR, you can purchase 9mm/.357 magnum, .44 and even own semi auto of certain calibre so to say all handguns are outlawed is a mistake.

We need to realise that the great USA is a totally different country from ours and we cannot interfere with their laws, remember their new law of abortions of which they have just brought in.

2A is revered by both sides.Its a huge check and balance.

"

All guns? Including the ones held by the army, navy, air force, police, security firms, hunters, competition entrants, politicians, bodyguards of celebrities/CEO/elites etc...?

Best of luck with that!

Perhaps you just meant ban all guns that fall into the hands of insane people that might shoot up a school, cinema, shopping centre etc.

Yes I agree

With the political climate here people just want the extra protection. It's crazy.

By *oeliquorMan  over a year ago

Chippewa

"No ban ...Criminals not going to give up thiers I would rather have the ability to protect myself. Mental health laws for purchasing and red flag laws more prudent. "

Agree completely. Look at Chicago, guns are illegal there.

By *orkcoastguyMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

I just looked at the first few but didn't see any posts from the US.

Surely it is none of our business? They should and of course will decide for themselves.

How would, or do, any of these posters feel if/when the Americans try to push their weight around in our countries?

"No ban ...Criminals not going to give up thiers I would rather have the ability to protect myself. Mental health laws for purchasing and red flag laws more prudent.

Agree completely. Look at Chicago, guns are illegal there. "

and NYC and Philly.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Was it 1789 when it was said you have the right bare arms ?

If so , shouldn't you a have single shot muzzle loaders ?

And if you say times have moved on , then why can't ammendments move on??

"Was it 1789 when it was said you have the right bare arms ?

And if you say times have moved on , then why can't ammendments move on??"

Muzzleloaders were the assault rifles at the time.Same amendment the right to bare arms shall not be infringed. Applies now as it did back then.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

All guns? Including the ones held by the army, navy, air force, police, security firms, hunters, competition entrants, politicians, bodyguards of celebrities/CEO/elites etc...?

Best of luck with that!

Perhaps you just meant ban all guns that fall into the hands of insane people that might shoot up a school, cinema, shopping centre etc.

Yes I agree "

Don't be daft

Civilian guns

Mad that you can buy high calibre automatic weapins

It's not a well regulated militia...it's a free for all

By *ay40Man  over a year ago

Kinross

"I just looked at the first few but didn't see any posts from the US.

Surely it is none of our business? They should and of course will decide for themselves.

How would, or do, any of these posters feel if/when the Americans try to push their weight around in our countries?

"

Spot on

T shirts and vests aren't mentioned in the constitution to the best of my knowledge

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Love how its mainly uk peoole. Comenting on this yet they have now idea about the culture in the usa,there is a reason neither party will promise to ban guns they know they wont get voted in, owning a gun to americans is just a normal thing

"Love how its mainly uk peoole. Comenting on this yet they have now idea about the culture in the usa,there is a reason neither party will promise to ban guns they know they wont get voted in, owning a gun to americans is just a normal thing"

By *tlantatravellerMan  over a year ago

Warwick

As a Brit who lives in US 6 months a year I actually feel safer in US than UK. I would guess most homes in my street have guns. Pretty much all the crime in US is in specific neighborhoods managed by the same leftwingers who actively undermine and want to defund police. All taking guns does is empower more criminals. The media is pushing an agenda as usual.

"As a Brit who lives in US 6 months a year I actually feel safer in US than UK. I would guess most homes in my street have guns. Pretty much all the crime in US is in specific neighborhoods managed by the same leftwingers who actively undermine and want to defund police. All taking guns does is empower more criminals. The media is pushing an agenda as usual."

It's midterms it always happens.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

And if you say times have moved on , then why can't ammendments move on??

Muzzleloaders were the assault rifles at the time.Same amendment the right to bare arms shall not be infringed. Applies now as it did back then."

But as stated it's an amendment which surely means it can be ammended again?

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

If you could wish guns away from everyone it would be wonderful

But you can't

300 million guns in America? It's like bolting the shed after the fox had been in

By *ifer67Man  over a year ago

markinch

Just kill all newborns of Rednecks and over time the issue will dissapear

"Just kill all newborns of Rednecks and over time the issue will dissapear "

Hmm I guess all the people of color that own guns at the ranges are rednecks too. Your statement is incredibly absurd.

How stupid are our politicians.. the new gun control laws will not pass the Senate. They so inept on factual evidence.Alot was good but wrapping up into magazine capacity instead of standalone bills it's ridiculous. It won't pass.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"As a Brit who lives in US 6 months a year I actually feel safer in US than UK. I would guess most homes in my street have guns. Pretty much all the crime in US is in specific neighborhoods managed by the same leftwingers who actively undermine and want to defund police. All taking guns does is empower more criminals. The media is pushing an agenda as usual."

You feel safer in a country full of people shooting eachother and killing eachother. Than in a country without people murdering eachother with guns.

Interesting.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"How stupid are our politicians.. the new gun control laws will not pass the Senate. They so inept on factual evidence.Alot was good but wrapping up into magazine capacity instead of standalone bills it's ridiculous. It won't pass."

2A may give you the right to bear arms… it does not give you the right to bear any arms you like! there was a federal assault weapons ban in law till 2004.. just bring it back!

Also… I don’t see an argument as to why the age limit can’t be raised to 21 from 18…

and in what scenario do people need extended magazine rounds to exist?

In what civilian world do people need for example 30 bullets when 6 would not be enough!

Also… what argument is there against background checks for all gun sales.

"How stupid are our politicians.. the new gun control laws will not pass the Senate. They so inept on factual evidence.Alot was good but wrapping up into magazine capacity instead of standalone bills it's ridiculous. It won't pass.

2A may give you the right to bear arms… it does not give you the right to bear any arms you like! there was a federal assault weapons ban in law till 2004.. just bring it back!

Also… I don’t see an argument as to why the age limit can’t be raised to 21 from 18…

In what civilian world do people need for example 30 bullets when 6 would not be enough!

Also… what argument is there against background checks for all gun sales. "

I agree nothing wrong with mental health checks. Red flag laws and 21 age limit. The magazine 10 round is going to stop it. Majority of pistols are more than 10.It will go to the Senate and get rejected because of that. They should have done stand alone bills.

I did see on the news a lady blew away a guy coming towards her group after some kind of dispute he had a long of some type he'd gone to get, she dropped him with a legal carry gun.

"I did see on the news a lady blew away a guy coming towards her group after some kind of dispute he had a long of some type he'd gone to get, she dropped him with a legal carry gun. "

Happens it just don't the same media coverage.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

From the Americans I have come across on other forms of social media, the penny hans't dropped on that one yet.

There has been an ammendment making abortion illegal in some areas, shame the same attention can't be turned on to the 2nd ammendment.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"How stupid are our politicians.. the new gun control laws will not pass the Senate. They so inept on factual evidence.Alot was good but wrapping up into magazine capacity instead of standalone bills it's ridiculous. It won't pass.

Also… what argument is there against background checks for all gun sales. "

Who needs 6 rounds, get a nice barret model 82. Sit a mile away from the person you wish to kill, one round should be enough to do the job. You can even shoot through walls with it, as long as you have a thermal scope.

Here.. I understand most European people do not understand that functionality and why us Americans live guns.. the recent "gun" is not a right or left issue. The reason it was passed is because the general public of right and left gun owners agreed to those standpoints in the bill.

golden fields

"Here.. I understand most European people do not understand that functionality and why us Americans live guns.. the recent "gun" is not a right or left issue. The reason it was passed is because the general public of right and left gun owners agreed to those standpoints in the bill."

My support would go to whatever solution stops people mass murdering kids in schools.

"Here.. I understand most European people do not understand that functionality and why us Americans live guns.. the recent "gun" is not a right or left issue. The reason it was passed is because the general public of right and left gun owners agreed to those standpoints in the bill.

My support would go to whatever solution stops people mass murdering kids in schools. "

400 million weapons here ..how you suggest the outcome?

golden fields

"Here.. I understand most European people do not understand that functionality and why us Americans live guns.. the recent "gun" is not a right or left issue. The reason it was passed is because the general public of right and left gun owners agreed to those standpoints in the bill.

My support would go to whatever solution stops people mass murdering kids in schools.

400 million weapons here ..how you suggest the outcome? "

No idea. But it's worth trying.

Whatever they're doing at the moment isn't working. The school shootings keep happening.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Here.. I understand most European people do not understand that functionality and why us Americans live guns.. the recent "gun" is not a right or left issue. The reason it was passed is because the general public of right and left gun owners agreed to those standpoints in the bill."

But that not really true…. Basically what passed was legislation that was just enough to get 10 republican senators to buckle!!

Most of the major asks that were in the house bills are not in this bill… but it’s better than nothing and something is better than nothing

And I agree but was it a "assault rifle " ban? No it was not .. it's a great step forward twords 2A.

But that not really true…. Basically what passed was legislation that was just enough to get 10 republican senators to buckle!!

Most of the major asks that were in the house bills are not in this bill… but it’s better than nothing and something is better than nothing "

Most of the major asks that were in the house bills are not in this bill… but it’s better than nothing and something is better than nothing "

What weapons causes the most mass shootings Fabio?

I being honest is the AR or handgun?

"I being honest is the AR or handgun?"

Handguns have a more death count why is that ?

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

Walsall

"I being honest is the AR or handgun?

Handguns have a more death count why is that ?"

I imagine it's because there are many more handguns than automatic rifles.

I imagine it's because there are many more handguns than automatic rifles."

exactly the worse shooting in us us was Virginia tech.. with guess what.. handguns.. it's a mental issue not a gun issue

Walsall

I imagine it's because there are many more handguns than automatic rifles. exactly the worse shooting in us us was Virginia tech.. with guess what.. handguns.. it's a mental issue not a gun issue "

The latest was made worse by the fact that a member of the public outgunned the police force till they felt they had enough back up.

Thats always been my biggest argument.

Why do individuals need weapons mass destruction to " protect" themselves and their family?

golden fields

I imagine it's because there are many more handguns than automatic rifles. exactly the worse shooting in us us was Virginia tech.. with guess what.. handguns.. it's a mental issue not a gun issue "

What's the solution to stop the school shootings?

I imagine it's because there are many more handguns than automatic rifles. exactly the worse shooting in us us was Virginia tech.. with guess what.. handguns.. it's a mental issue not a gun issue

The latest was made worse by the fact that a member of the public outgunned the police force till they felt they had enough back up.

Why do individuals need weapons mass destruction to " protect" themselves and their family?"

Yet the uk has ukes.. literally a a weapon of mass destruction . Why is that ? Surely it just not for" look what we have " attitude. Damn you should give up that deterrence if it is so detrimental to your society. See how check and balances work?

I imagine it's because there are many more handguns than automatic rifles. exactly the worse shooting in us us was Virginia tech.. with guess what.. handguns.. it's a mental issue not a gun issue

Why do individuals need weapons mass destruction to " protect" themselves and their family?

Yet the uk has ukes.. literally a a weapon of mass destruction . Why is that ? Surely it just not for" look what we have " attitude. Damn you should give up that deterrence if it is so detrimental to your society. See how check and balances work?"

Nukes

Norway just today had a tragic shooting.. they have restricted policies. Nothing said..

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Norway just today had a tragic shooting.. they have restricted policies. Nothing said.."

When those sort of incidents happen on as regular a basis then you can make that comparison rather than deflection by saying oooh lookie!!!

Walsall

Yet the uk has ukes.. literally a a weapon of mass destruction . Why is that ? Surely it just not for" look what we have " attitude. Damn you should give up that deterrence if it is so detrimental to your society. See how check and balances work?"

The "weapons of mass destruction " comment was a comment meant to show how ott having the need to have full auto weapons to protect yourself.

A handgun , four enough. A rifle with rpg ! A little ott i think.

Hell. An individual can even own a flame thrower.

golden fields

"Norway just today had a tragic shooting.. they have restricted policies. Nothing said.."

Two people were killed. Absolutely awful, and a LOT is being said!

I don't think you can compare it to the constant gun violence in the states. The numbers of people and children shot to death are mind boggling.

I am assuming that the pro gun people are against children being mass murdered. What is their proposed solution to this if it's not giving up guns? Because whatever is being done now, simply isn't working.

"Norway just today had a tragic shooting.. they have restricted policies. Nothing said..

I don't think you can compare it to the constant gun violence in the states. The numbers of people and children shot to death are mind boggling.

I am assuming that the pro gun people are against children being mass murdered. What is their proposed solution to this if it's not giving up guns? Because whatever is being done now, simply isn't working. "

The new legislation is sitting on the president's desk that everyone agreed on he is going to sign it.

golden fields

"Norway just today had a tragic shooting.. they have restricted policies. Nothing said..

I am assuming that the pro gun people are against children being mass murdered. What is their proposed solution to this if it's not giving up guns? Because whatever is being done now, simply isn't working.

The new legislation is sitting on the president's desk that everyone agreed on he is going to sign it."

What is it? Is it going to stop people mass murdering kids?

The new legislation is sitting on the president's desk that everyone agreed on he is going to sign it.

What is it? Is it going to stop people mass murdering kids?"

Enhanced background checks

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

What's the solution to stop the school shootings?"

Close the schools, teach everyone rrmotely. If there are no kids in schools, there would be no mass shooting to happen there.

It would be easier than trying to get any gun controls in place.

Close the schools, teach everyone rrmotely. If there are no kids in schools, there would be no mass shooting to happen there.

It would be easier than trying to get any gun controls in place."

gun control was signed by the president today

golden fields

It would be easier than trying to get any gun controls in place. gun control was signed by the president today "

Do you think it's good enough to make a meaningful difference?

It would be easier than trying to get any gun controls in place. gun control was signed by the president today

Do you think it's good enough to make a meaningful difference?"

it's a start now isn't it unless you have a suggestion on taking away 400 million guns?

golden fields

It would be easier than trying to get any gun controls in place. gun control was signed by the president today

Do you think it's good enough to make a meaningful difference? it's a start now isn't it unless you have a suggestion on taking away 400 million guns? "

A start sounds good.

I don't live there, I have no idea how to do it.

To be honest, the only aim is to stop people murdering eachother, especially children. I don't really care how they do it.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"

I think we should leave them to sort their own issues. We didn't like an outside body interfering with our legal and political decisions - hence, dare I say it?

They're all grown ups.

golden fields

They're all grown ups."

Except of course the kids. Who could be mass murdered.

Longridge

Then, Congress and the Senate should deal with it at the behest of voters.

golden fields

"Then, Congress and the Senate should deal with it at the behest of voters."

They should certainly get the finger out and do something.

"Then, Congress and the Senate should deal with it at the behest of voters.

They should certainly get the finger out and do something."

Majority of people are for gun ownership.

golden fields

"Then, Congress and the Senate should deal with it at the behest of voters.

They should certainly get the finger out and do something.

Majority of people are for gun ownership."

Are you implying that all the murders are a price worth paying to own guns?

Longridge

Most Americans seem to think so, looking at it.

What can you do..

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

If you could magic away all guns that would be great

But you can't

So you're only talking about restricting guns to government entities

And have they showered themselves in glory, ever? No

golden fields

"If you could magic away all guns that would be great

But you can't

And have they showered themselves in glory, ever? No"

No arguement here. But something should change. Whatever they're doing at the moment isn't working.

"If you could magic away all guns that would be great

But you can't

And have they showered themselves in glory, ever? No

No arguement here. But something should change. Whatever they're doing at the moment isn't working. "

President just signed a bipartisan bill..

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"There will be a run on guns before any ban. It's already increasing."

Surely, with an average of 2 guns per person in the states there is enough to go around?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence "

The enhanced background check bit only relates for 18 to 20 year olds…..

Money is going to be provided to help the state to help with red flag laws…. If the state has one!

Same for money for police to take guns away if the use of a gun is in the DV report

But it’s not actually restricted gun access… or any tangible limitations

golden fields

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

Money is going to be provided to help the state to help with red flag laws…. If the state has one!

Same for money for police to take guns away if the use of a gun is in the DV report

But it’s not actually restricted gun access… or any tangible limitations "

So this is unlikely to stop people mass murdering kids by the sound of it.

Have Americans given up on this and accepted this as a necessary downside to living in a society where everyone can have all kinds of guns, simply because of some kind unamenable amendment on a piece of paper?

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

Have Americans given up on this and accepted this as a necessary downside to living in a society where everyone can have all kinds of guns, simply because of some kind unamenable amendment on a piece of paper?"

The pandemic sales proved how much Americans want that safety and it just wasn't all republicans buying them.You throw in the insurrection, riots and everything else into the mix. You get people wanting the security a I am going to protect my own approach.

golden fields

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

Have Americans given up on this and accepted this as a necessary downside to living in a society where everyone can have all kinds of guns, simply because of some kind unamenable amendment on a piece of paper?

The pandemic sales proved how much Americans want that safety and it just wasn't all republicans buying them.You throw in the insurrection, riots and everything else into the mix. You get people wanting the security a I am going to protect my own approach."

Do those people have a proposal for how to stop kids getting mass murdered, or is it just an acceptable price to pay for whatever feeling they get from having guns?

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

The pandemic sales proved how much Americans want that safety and it just wasn't all republicans buying them.You throw in the insurrection, riots and everything else into the mix. You get people wanting the security a I am going to protect my own approach.

Do those people have a proposal for how to stop kids getting mass murdered, or is it just an acceptable price to pay for whatever feeling they get from having guns?"

Red flag makes sense when there is over 400 million guns. That is impossible to get every single gun in every single household off the streets.

golden fields

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

Do those people have a proposal for how to stop kids getting mass murdered, or is it just an acceptable price to pay for whatever feeling they get from having guns?

Red flag makes sense when there is over 400 million guns. That is impossible to get every single gun in every single household off the streets.

"

I hope it works.

To me, people wanting guns is less important than it is to stop kids getting killed.

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

To me, people wanting guns is less important than it is to stop kids getting killed."

So do I

Glasgow

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

To me, people wanting guns is less important than it is to stop kids getting killed.

So do I "

I have seen the USA get grief stricken so many times over the years when there was a mass shooting of children. Each time they say they must do something. Each time nothing or virtually nothing happens.

The current laws will be overturned by the ultra right wing SCOTUS in months. The gun lobby is far too strong and nothing will be allowed to get in their way. SCOTUS's decision on abortion was a nod to the gun lobby. They knew the gun owners did not want to run out of targets.

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

I have seen the USA get grief stricken so many times over the years when there was a mass shooting of children. Each time they say they must do something. Each time nothing or virtually nothing happens.

The current laws will be overturned by the ultra right wing SCOTUS in months. The gun lobby is far too strong and nothing will be allowed to get in their way. SCOTUS's decision on abortion was a nod to the gun lobby. They knew the gun owners did not want to run out of targets. "

You do realize there are plenty of liberal gun owners too. It's the 2 extremes fighting not the people in the middle.

Glasgow

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

The current laws will be overturned by the ultra right wing SCOTUS in months. The gun lobby is far too strong and nothing will be allowed to get in their way. SCOTUS's decision on abortion was a nod to the gun lobby. They knew the gun owners did not want to run out of targets.

You do realize there are plenty of liberal gun owners too. It's the 2 extremes fighting not the people in the middle. "

I do understand that. I think the mantra is "The only way to stop a bad Republican with a gun is the have a good Democrat with a gun".

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

You do realize there are plenty of liberal gun owners too. It's the 2 extremes fighting not the people in the middle.

I do understand that. I think the mantra is "The only way to stop a bad Republican with a gun is the have a good Democrat with a gun". "

No the matra is I have a right to protect myself and my family no matter the political choice you choose.

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Laws will only work for people who obey the law,

Glasgow

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

I do understand that. I think the mantra is "The only way to stop a bad Republican with a gun is the have a good Democrat with a gun".

No the matra is I have a right to protect myself and my family no matter the political choice you choose. "

We in the UK have the right to use force to protect ourselves, family and property, as do most civilised countries around the world. Nothing unusual there; it's called Self Defence. In the UK it is covered by Section 76 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008.

However, the UK, in common with most civilised western countries, just doesn't view unarmed infant school children as such a clear and present danger that they need to be annihilated using an assault rifle.

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

No the matra is I have a right to protect myself and my family no matter the political choice you choose.

We in the UK have the right to use force to protect ourselves, family and property, as do most civilised countries around the world. Nothing unusual there; it's called Self Defence. In the UK it is covered by Section 76 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008.

However, the UK, in common with most civilised western countries, just doesn't view unarmed infant school children as such a clear and present danger that they need to be annihilated using an assault rifle. "

What is the definition of a assault rifle ? You do realize that handguns cause more carnage thane the "assault rifle". Columbine no assault rifle .. Virginia tech . Pistols.. South Africa pistol and rifle ... Japan a homemade gun... Oklahoma city bomber

.. a bomb.ifmwntally I'll people going to condux to such atrocious behavior they will find a means.

Glasgow

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

However, the UK, in common with most civilised western countries, just doesn't view unarmed infant school children as such a clear and present danger that they need to be annihilated using an assault rifle.

What is the definition of a assault rifle ? You do realize that handguns cause more carnage thane the "assault rifle". Columbine no assault rifle .. Virginia tech . Pistols.. South Africa pistol and rifle ... Japan a homemade gun... Oklahoma city bomber

.. a bomb.ifmwntally I'll people going to condux to such atrocious behavior they will find a means.

"

Assault rifle definition - is a lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically.

I will agree that hand guns, probably because they are more numerous, appear in more shootings but the truly horrific instances in the USA always seem to involve some form of automatic rifle.

If someone wants to defend their family what is wrong with a .44 magnum? Why do they need an assault rifle with high capacity clip?

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

Assault rifle definition - is a lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically.

I will agree that hand guns, probably because they are more numerous, appear in more shootings but the truly horrific instances in the USA always seem to involve some form of automatic rifle.

If someone wants to defend their family what is wrong with a .44 magnum? Why do they need an assault rifle with high capacity clip? "

ask yourself why since 1885 the semi auto was introduced that today there is a mentally over 1gun platform. No one is saying AK. literally the same weapon and why does the AR get chosen ? Media hype. Are you fine with shotguns?

Glasgow

"

Red flag laws

Mental health

Domestic violence

I hope it works.

So do I

If someone wants to defend their family what is wrong with a .44 magnum? Why do they need an assault rifle with high capacity clip?

ask yourself why since 1885 the semi auto was introduced that today there is a mentally over 1gun platform. No one is saying AK. literally the same weapon and why does the AR get chosen ? Media hype. Are you fine with shotguns?"

Sorry, not sure what you mean by " ..a mentally over 1gun platform".

As an American you will know that the AR15 is manufactured in the USA by Armalite Colt so it is in the interests of the US gun manufacturers to promote that, by "buy American", over the cheaper, foreign made, Kalashnikov AK-47s.

If you are a farmer or a clay pigeon shooter then a shotgun is ok. It is not however normally the weapon of choice for the mass shootings that are sadly recognised, world wide, as a feature of the USA.

Einstein is often quoted as saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Such is the USA's pattern of behaviour after every mass shooting. "Do nothing, sell more guns"

It would appear to external observers that the USA's continued promotion of gun sale profits over the lives of children is an obscene distortion of humanity.

To use the 2nd amendment, intended by the founding fathers to allow the people to form militias to defend against authoritarian government, as an excuse for continuing to sponsor the supply of weapons used in these killings is madness.

Perhaps the worst thing is the way the 2nd amendment is being abused today. By gerrymandering, distortion of the legal system balance, abuse of power by politicians and armed mobs, between 35% and 50% of Americans are actively seeking to install the very authoritarian, one party, government the 2nd amendment sought to protect the USA from. It happened in China, Russia and numerous other countries and will happen in the USA if it is not stopped.

By *im ZeeMan  over a year ago

staffs/chesh

In 1996 a gunman went into a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland and killed 16 children and a teacher. Extremely strict gun controls followed as the UK mourned. In the following 9040 days there have been 0 school shootings.

Here are all the school shootings in the USA in the same time period;

Thurston High School.

Columbine High School.

Heritage High School.

Deming Middle School.

Fort Gibson Middle School.

Buell Elementary School.

Lake Worth Middle School.

University of Arkansas.

Junipero Serra High School.

Santana High School.

Bishop Neumann High School.

Pacific Lutheran University.

Granite Hills High School.

Lew Wallace High School.

Martin Luther King, Jr. High School.

Appalachian School of Law.

Washington High School.

Conception Abbey.

Benjamin Tasker Middle School.

University of Arizona.

Lincoln High School.

John McDonogh High School.

Red Lion Area Junior High School.

Case Western Reserve University.

Rocori High School.

Ballou High School.

Randallstown High School.

Bowen High School.

Red Lake Senior High School.

Harlan Community Academy High School.

Campbell County High School.

Milwee Middle School.

Roseburg High School.

Pine Middle School.

Essex Elementary School.

Duquesne University.

Platte Canyon High School.

Weston High School.

West Nickel Mines School.

Joplin Memorial Middle School.

Henry Foss High School.

Compton Centennial High School.

Virginia Tech.

Success Tech Academy.

Miami Carol City Senior High School.

Hamilton High School.

Louisiana Technical College.

Mitchell High School.

Bethel High School

E.O. Green Junior High School.

Northern Illinois University.

Lakota Middle School.

Knoxville Central High School.

Willoughby South High School.

Henry Ford High School.

University of Central Arkansas.

Dillard High School.

Dunbar High School.

Hampton University.

Harvard College.

Larose-Cut Off Middle School.

International Studies Academy.

Skyline College.

Discovery Middle School.

University of Alabama.

DeKalb School.

Deer Creek Middle School.

Ohio State University.

Mumford High School.

University of Texas.

Kelly Elementary School.

Marinette High School.

Aurora Central High School.

Millard South High School.

Martinsville West Middle School.

Worthing High School.

Highlands Intermediate School.

Cape Fear High School.

Chardon High School.

Episcopal School of Jacksonville.

Oikos University.

Hamilton High School.

Perry Hall School.

Normal Community High School.

University of South Alabama.

Banner Academy South.

University of Southern California.

Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Apostolic Revival Center Christian School.

Taft Union High School.

Osborn High School.

Stevens Institute of Business and Arts.

Hazard Community and Technical College.

Chicago State University.

Lone Star College-North.

Cesar Chavez High School.

Price Middle School.

University of Central Florida.

New River Community College.

Grambling State University.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Ossie Ware Mitchell Middle School.

Ronald E. McNair Discovery Academy.

North Panola High School.

Carver High School.

Agape Christian Academy.

Sparks Middle School.

North Carolina A&T State University.

Stephenson High School.

Brashear High School.

West Orange High School.

Arapahoe High School.

Edison High School.

Liberty Technology Magnet High School.

Hillhouse High School.

Berrendo Middle School.

Purdue University.

South Carolina State University.

Los Angeles Valley College.

Charles F. Brush High School.

Georgia Regents University.

Academy of Knowledge Preschool.

Benjamin Banneker High School.

D. H. Conley High School.

East English Village Preparatory Academy.

Paine College.

Georgia Gwinnett College.

John F. Kennedy High School.

Seattle Pacific University.

Reynolds High School.

Indiana State University.

Albemarle High School.

Fern Creek Traditional High School.

Langston Hughes High School.

Marysville Pilchuck High School.

Florida State University.

Miami Carol City High School.

Rogers State University.

Rosemary Anderson High School.

Wisconsin Lutheran High School.

Frederick High School.

Tenaya Middle School.

Bethune-Cookman University.

Pershing Elementary School.

Wayne Community College.

J.B. Martin Middle School.

Southwestern Classical Academy.

Savannah State University.

Harrisburg High School.

Umpqua Community College.

Northern Arizona University.

Texas Southern University.

Tennessee State University.

Winston-Salem State University.

Mojave High School.

Lawrence Central High School.

Franklin High School.

Muskegon Heights High School.

Independence High School.

Madison High School.

Antigo High School.

University of California-Los Angeles.

Jeremiah Burke High School.

Alpine High School.

Townville Elementary School.

Vigor High School.

Linden McKinley STEM Academy.

June Jordan High School for Equity.

Union Middle School.

Mueller Park Junior High School.

West Liberty-Salem High School.

University of Washington.

King City High School.

North Park Elementary School.

North Lake College.

Freeman High School.

Mattoon High School.

Rancho Tehama Elementary School.

Aztec High School.

Wake Forest University.

Italy High School.

NET Charter High School.

Marshall County High School.

Sal Castro Middle School.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Great Mills High School.

Central Michigan University.

Huffman High School.

Frederick Douglass High School.

Forest High School.

Highland High School.

Dixon High School.

Santa Fe High School.

Noblesville West Middle School.

University of North Carolina Charlotte.

STEM School Highlands Ranch.

Edgewood High School.

Palm Beach Central High School.

Providence Career Technical Academy.

Fairley High School (school bus).

Canyon Springs High School.

Dennis Intermediate School.

Florida International University.

Central Elementary School.

Cascade Middle School.

Davidson High School.

Prairie View A & M University.

Altascocita High School.

Central Academy of Excellence.

Cleveland High School.

Robert E. Lee High School.

Cheyenne South High School.

Blountsville Elementary School.

Holmes County, Mississippi (school bus)

Prescott High School.

College of the Mainland.

Wynbrooke Elementary School.

UNC Charlotte.

Riverview Florida (school bus).

Second Chance High School.

Carman-Ainsworth High School.

Williwaw Elementary School.

Monroe Clark Middle School.

Central Catholic High School.

Jeanette High School.

Eastern Hills High School.

DeAnza High School.

Ridgway High School.

Reginald F. Lewis High School.

Saugus High School.

Pleasantville High School.

Waukesha South High School.

Oshkosh High School.

Catholic Academy of New Haven.

Bellaire High School.

North Crowley High School.

McAuliffe Elementary School.

South Oak Cliff High School.

Texas A&M University-Commerce.

Sonora High School.

Western Illinois University.

Oxford High School.

Robb Elementary School.

Glasgow

"In 1996 a gunman went into a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland and killed 16 children and a teacher. Extremely strict gun controls followed as the UK mourned. In the following 9040 days there have been 0 school shootings.

Thurston High School.

Columbine High School.

Heritage High School.

Deming Middle School.

Buell Elementary School.

University of Arkansas.

Santana High School.

Lew Wallace High School.

Washington High School.

Conception Abbey.

University of Arizona.

Lincoln High School.

Rocori High School.

Ballou High School.

Bowen High School.

Milwee Middle School.

Roseburg High School.

Pine Middle School.

Essex Elementary School.

Duquesne University.

Weston High School.

Henry Foss High School.

Virginia Tech.

Success Tech Academy.

Hamilton High School.

Mitchell High School.

Bethel High School

Lakota Middle School.

Henry Ford High School.

Dillard High School.

Dunbar High School.

Hampton University.

Harvard College.

Skyline College.

Discovery Middle School.

University of Alabama.

DeKalb School.

Ohio State University.

Mumford High School.

University of Texas.

Kelly Elementary School.

Marinette High School.

Worthing High School.

Cape Fear High School.

Chardon High School.

Oikos University.

Hamilton High School.

Perry Hall School.

Banner Academy South.

Taft Union High School.

Osborn High School.

Lone Star College-North.

Price Middle School.

Carver High School.

Agape Christian Academy.

Sparks Middle School.

Stephenson High School.

Brashear High School.

West Orange High School.

Arapahoe High School.

Edison High School.

Hillhouse High School.

Berrendo Middle School.

Purdue University.

Paine College.

Reynolds High School.

Albemarle High School.

Rogers State University.

Frederick High School.

Tenaya Middle School.

Wayne Community College.

Harrisburg High School.

Mojave High School.

Franklin High School.

Madison High School.

Antigo High School.

Alpine High School.

Vigor High School.

Union Middle School.

King City High School.

North Lake College.

Freeman High School.

Mattoon High School.

Aztec High School.

Wake Forest University.

Italy High School.

NET Charter High School.

Great Mills High School.

Huffman High School.

Forest High School.

Highland High School.

Dixon High School.

Santa Fe High School.

Edgewood High School.

Cascade Middle School.

Davidson High School.

Altascocita High School.

Cleveland High School.

Prescott High School.

College of the Mainland.

UNC Charlotte.

Jeanette High School.

DeAnza High School.

Ridgway High School.

Saugus High School.

Oshkosh High School.

Bellaire High School.

Sonora High School.

Oxford High School.

Robb Elementary School."

When you see it like that it is even more shocking.

"In 1996 a gunman went into a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland and killed 16 children and a teacher. Extremely strict gun controls followed as the UK mourned. In the following 9040 days there have been 0 school shootings.

Thurston High School.

Columbine High School.

Heritage High School.

Deming Middle School.

Buell Elementary School.

University of Arkansas.

Santana High School.

Lew Wallace High School.

Washington High School.

Conception Abbey.

University of Arizona.

Lincoln High School.

Rocori High School.

Ballou High School.

Bowen High School.

Milwee Middle School.

Roseburg High School.

Pine Middle School.

Essex Elementary School.

Duquesne University.

Weston High School.

Henry Foss High School.

Virginia Tech.

Success Tech Academy.

Hamilton High School.

Mitchell High School.

Bethel High School

Lakota Middle School.

Henry Ford High School.

Dillard High School.

Dunbar High School.

Hampton University.

Harvard College.

Skyline College.

Discovery Middle School.

University of Alabama.

DeKalb School.

Ohio State University.

Mumford High School.

University of Texas.

Kelly Elementary School.

Marinette High School.

Worthing High School.

Cape Fear High School.

Chardon High School.

Oikos University.

Hamilton High School.

Perry Hall School.

Banner Academy South.

Taft Union High School.

Osborn High School.

Lone Star College-North.

Price Middle School.

Carver High School.

Agape Christian Academy.

Sparks Middle School.

Stephenson High School.

Brashear High School.

West Orange High School.

Arapahoe High School.

Edison High School.

Hillhouse High School.

Berrendo Middle School.

Purdue University.

Paine College.

Reynolds High School.

Albemarle High School.

Rogers State University.

Frederick High School.

Tenaya Middle School.

Wayne Community College.

Harrisburg High School.

Mojave High School.

Franklin High School.

Madison High School.

Antigo High School.

Alpine High School.

Vigor High School.

Union Middle School.

King City High School.

North Lake College.

Freeman High School.

Mattoon High School.

Aztec High School.

Wake Forest University.

Italy High School.

NET Charter High School.

Great Mills High School.

Huffman High School.

Forest High School.

Highland High School.

Dixon High School.

Santa Fe High School.

Edgewood High School.

Cascade Middle School.

Davidson High School.

Altascocita High School.

Cleveland High School.

Prescott High School.

College of the Mainland.

UNC Charlotte.

Jeanette High School.

DeAnza High School.

Ridgway High School.

Saugus High School.

Oshkosh High School.

Bellaire High School.

Sonora High School.

Oxford High School.

Robb Elementary School.

When you see it like that it is even more shocking. "

Yet both sides cherish that right especially now.

golden fields

Thurston High School.

Columbine High School.

Heritage High School.

Deming Middle School.

Buell Elementary School.

University of Arkansas.

Santana High School.

Lew Wallace High School.

Washington High School.

Conception Abbey.

University of Arizona.

Lincoln High School.

Rocori High School.

Ballou High School.

Bowen High School.

Milwee Middle School.

Roseburg High School.

Pine Middle School.

Essex Elementary School.

Duquesne University.

Weston High School.

Henry Foss High School.

Virginia Tech.

Success Tech Academy.

Hamilton High School.

Mitchell High School.

Bethel High School

Lakota Middle School.

Henry Ford High School.

Dillard High School.

Dunbar High School.

Hampton University.

Harvard College.

Skyline College.

Discovery Middle School.

University of Alabama.

DeKalb School.

Ohio State University.

Mumford High School.

University of Texas.

Kelly Elementary School.

Marinette High School.

Worthing High School.

Cape Fear High School.

Chardon High School.

Oikos University.

Hamilton High School.

Perry Hall School.

Banner Academy South.

Taft Union High School.

Osborn High School.

Lone Star College-North.

Price Middle School.

Carver High School.

Agape Christian Academy.

Sparks Middle School.

Stephenson High School.

Brashear High School.

West Orange High School.

Arapahoe High School.

Edison High School.

Hillhouse High School.

Berrendo Middle School.

Purdue University.

Paine College.

Reynolds High School.

Albemarle High School.

Rogers State University.

Frederick High School.

Tenaya Middle School.

Wayne Community College.

Harrisburg High School.

Mojave High School.

Franklin High School.

Madison High School.

Antigo High School.

Alpine High School.

Vigor High School.

Union Middle School.

King City High School.

North Lake College.

Freeman High School.

Mattoon High School.

Aztec High School.

Wake Forest University.

Italy High School.

NET Charter High School.

Great Mills High School.

Huffman High School.

Forest High School.

Highland High School.

Dixon High School.

Santa Fe High School.

Edgewood High School.

Cascade Middle School.

Davidson High School.

Altascocita High School.

Cleveland High School.

Prescott High School.

College of the Mainland.

UNC Charlotte.

Jeanette High School.

DeAnza High School.

Ridgway High School.

Saugus High School.

Oshkosh High School.

Bellaire High School.

Sonora High School.

Oxford High School.

Robb Elementary School.

When you see it like that it is even more shocking.

Yet both sides cherish that right especially now. "

"Both sides".

What do you mean, is there a side that is pro school shootings?

It's shocking the USA seems consistently more interested in protecting their guns than protecting the lives of their kids.

» Add a new message to this topic