No end to this madness is sight.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman 52 weeks ago

Leeds

The BBC says 160

By *arry HornhillMan 52 weeks ago

Outside Belfast

Don't worry, Republicans are gonna do the right thing and send even more thoughts and prayers.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 52 weeks ago

golden fields

"The BBC says 160"

It's more than that.

Gun violence archive is the website with the data.

The number of children under 11 that have been shot to death this year is horrifying.

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS 52 weeks ago

Huddersfield

I have been to a gun club in the States and get the thrill of the power guns hold. I also understand the constitution they all fall back on as a reason to 'bear arms'.

The constitution has been altered so many times over the years in every aspect apart from guns.

As long as politicians from all parties accept money from thoes associated with the manufacture and sale of guns unfortunately this madness will never end.

By (user no longer on site) 52 weeks ago

"I have been to a gun club in the States and get the thrill of the power guns hold. I also understand the constitution they all fall back on as a reason to 'bear arms'.

The constitution has been altered so many times over the years in every aspect apart from guns.

As long as politicians from all parties accept money from thoes associated with the manufacture and sale of guns unfortunately this madness will never end. "

in order to change a amendment 38 states have to ratify the change. 26 states are constitutional carry states. Those states will not comply. So changing it will not happen.

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS 52 weeks ago

Huddersfield

"I have been to a gun club in the States and get the thrill of the power guns hold. I also understand the constitution they all fall back on as a reason to 'bear arms'.

As long as politicians from all parties accept money from thoes associated with the manufacture and sale of guns unfortunately this madness will never end. in order to change a amendment 38 states have to ratify the change. 26 states are constitutional carry states. Those states will not comply. So changing it will not happen."

Then America needs to accept that sadly these shootings will continue. If its in the will of the people to alter the control and access of guns then they as a whole need to act!!

Unfortunately I don't see any changes coming.

As long as politicians from all parties accept money from thoes associated with the manufacture and sale of guns unfortunately this madness will never end. in order to change a amendment 38 states have to ratify the change. 26 states are constitutional carry states. Those states will not comply. So changing it will not happen."

Ah well, sorry to all the kids out there that will continue to get shot in schools, at the mall etc. Sorry guys. Can't be helped.

As long as politicians from all parties accept money from thoes associated with the manufacture and sale of guns unfortunately this madness will never end. in order to change a amendment 38 states have to ratify the change. 26 states are constitutional carry states. Those states will not comply. So changing it will not happen.

Ah well, sorry to all the kids out there that will continue to get shot in schools, at the mall etc. Sorry guys. Can't be helped."

It can.. Quit sending money to foreign nations invest in better school security. Problem solved.

As long as politicians from all parties accept money from thoes associated with the manufacture and sale of guns unfortunately this madness will never end. in order to change a amendment 38 states have to ratify the change. 26 states are constitutional carry states. Those states will not comply. So changing it will not happen.

Ah well, sorry to all the kids out there that will continue to get shot in schools, at the mall etc. Sorry guys. Can't be helped. It can.. Quit sending money to foreign nations invest in better school security. Problem solved. "

You know why we don't have school shootings in the UK?

It's because we acted correctly after one in 1996.

Ah well, sorry to all the kids out there that will continue to get shot in schools, at the mall etc. Sorry guys. Can't be helped. It can.. Quit sending money to foreign nations invest in better school security. Problem solved.

It's because we acted correctly after one in 1996."

What wrong with not catering to other countries needs? It's simple like I said. Improve school security with the money we spend overseas for everyone else's security. You can agree to that. This way it doesn't interfere with the second amendment everyone is happy. We don't need to be in NATO anymore anyways. Europe can form their own alliances and handle your own issues. Maybe a EU version of NATO.

Ah well, sorry to all the kids out there that will continue to get shot in schools, at the mall etc. Sorry guys. Can't be helped. It can.. Quit sending money to foreign nations invest in better school security. Problem solved.

It's because we acted correctly after one in 1996. What wrong with not catering to other countries needs? It's simple like I said. Improve school security with the money we spend overseas for everyone else's security. You can agree to that. This way it doesn't interfere with the second amendment everyone is happy. We don't need to be in NATO anymore anyways. Europe can form their own alliances and handle your own issues. Maybe a EU version of NATO."

I've never understood why so many Americans can't look at the ludicrously lopsided statistics on shootings and ascertain that maybe they're the outlier who's doing things wrong.

Still, it'll never change. And kids will go on getting shot every day.

It's because we acted correctly after one in 1996. What wrong with not catering to other countries needs? It's simple like I said. Improve school security with the money we spend overseas for everyone else's security. You can agree to that. This way it doesn't interfere with the second amendment everyone is happy. We don't need to be in NATO anymore anyways. Europe can form their own alliances and handle your own issues. Maybe a EU version of NATO.

I've never understood why so many Americans can't look at the ludicrously lopsided statistics on shootings and ascertain that maybe they're the outlier who's doing things wrong.

Still, it'll never change. And kids will go on getting shot every day."

And Europe will keep being a thorn in our side.

By *eavenNhellCouple 52 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

The day after a school full of republican party officials and representatives children gets massacred will be the day of change untill then they dont care as its not happening to them

By *enny PR9TV/TS 52 weeks ago

Southport

The Republicans have come up with a spectacular but simple plan to reduce mass shootings by 98%. Simply change the definition of A Mass-Shootings to 30 or more dead.

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS 51 weeks ago

Huddersfield

"

The Republicans have come up with a spectacular but simple plan to reduce mass shootings by 98%. Simply change the definition of A Mass-Shootings to 30 or more dead.

Problem solved!!!

."

By (user no longer on site) 51 weeks ago

What every single person fails to understand is that it's not a 'gun' problem, it's a 'people' problem. A gun can be place on a sidewalk (footpath) and as long as a human doesn't touch it, nothing will happen. Some people have a mindset that human life is of no importance and they can take it if they want to. I don't know how or why this mindsset came into existance but it's there. A gun is, simply, a tool. If someone wants to commit murder, they can do it with anything.

Yes, gun crime in the UK decreased after they were banned. However, statistics show that, in 2022, 696 people were murdered in the UK (with an area of 96,628 square miles) compared to 26,031 murders in the US (with an area of just over 4 million square miles). So, as the US is 40 times larger than the UK, if you mulitiply 696 x 40, you get 27,840 murders.

From this, you can deduce that, even though guns are banned in the UK, there are more homicides per square mile in the UK than there is in the US.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 51 weeks ago

golden fields

"What every single person fails to understand is that it's not a 'gun' problem, it's a 'people' problem. A gun can be place on a sidewalk (footpath) and as long as a human doesn't touch it, nothing will happen. Some people have a mindset that human life is of no importance and they can take it if they want to. I don't know how or why this mindsset came into existance but it's there. A gun is, simply, a tool. If someone wants to commit murder, they can do it with anything.

Yes, gun crime in the UK decreased after they were banned. However, statistics show that, in 2022, 696 people were murdered in the UK (with an area of 96,628 square miles) compared to 26,031 murders in the US (with an area of just over 4 million square miles). So, as the US is 40 times larger than the UK, if you mulitiply 696 x 40, you get 27,840 murders.

From this, you can deduce that, even though guns are banned in the UK, there are more homicides per square mile in the UK than there is in the US. "

Per square mile doesn't make sense as a measure. What is it per person?

And also, what could work to stop all the mass shootings in America?

"What every single person fails to understand is that it's not a 'gun' problem, it's a 'people' problem. A gun can be place on a sidewalk (footpath) and as long as a human doesn't touch it, nothing will happen. Some people have a mindset that human life is of no importance and they can take it if they want to. I don't know how or why this mindsset came into existance but it's there. A gun is, simply, a tool. If someone wants to commit murder, they can do it with anything.

From this, you can deduce that, even though guns are banned in the UK, there are more homicides per square mile in the UK than there is in the US.

And also, what could work to stop all the mass shootings in America?"

I couldn't find the stats for the same years for that comparison.

And also, what could work to stop all the mass shootings in America?"

As far as your second question, I wish I knew. I can only suggest that people learn that another human life has value and that violence against another is not the solution.

golden fields

As far as your second question, I wish I knew. I can only suggest that people learn that another human life has value and that violence against another is not the solution. "

I hope that too.

Personally, I don't care what the solution is. The current plan of doing nothing isn't working. They need to do something, and if it isn't giving up guns, they need to suggest what will work. In my opinion.

As far as your second question, I wish I knew. I can only suggest that people learn that another human life has value and that violence against another is not the solution.

I hope that too.

Personally, I don't care what the solution is. The current plan of doing nothing isn't working. They need to do something, and if it isn't giving up guns, they need to suggest what will work. In my opinion. "

It will just be the status quo. No one trusts the government enough to hand over their firearms. The sales over the course of the pandemic indicates that trend.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 51 weeks ago

Watford

Americans seem to think that the solution of out of control guns is...more guns in the hands of more people.

You can't really argue with a warped logic like that.

America is a very backward society in that respect.

"Americans seem to think that the solution of out of control guns is...more guns in the hands of more people.

You can't really argue with a warped logic like that.

America is a very backward society in that respect. "

Well when politicians scream defund the police,the riots, the pandemic people tend to take personal security into their own hands.

golden fields

I hope that too.

Personally, I don't care what the solution is. The current plan of doing nothing isn't working. They need to do something, and if it isn't giving up guns, they need to suggest what will work. In my opinion. It will just be the status quo. No one trusts the government enough to hand over their firearms. The sales over the course of the pandemic indicates that trend."

Are the government mass murdering people, busting into schools and gunning down kids too?

I hope that too.

Personally, I don't care what the solution is. The current plan of doing nothing isn't working. They need to do something, and if it isn't giving up guns, they need to suggest what will work. In my opinion. It will just be the status quo. No one trusts the government enough to hand over their firearms. The sales over the course of the pandemic indicates that trend.

Are the government mass murdering people, busting into schools and gunning down kids too? "

That's a stupid question. Maybe don't say Defund police if you are a politician during a pandemic causing 60 million gun purchases. So yes they are directly involved and that trend is not slowing down. Can you explain the rise in purchases? I can I been to the ranges with new gun buyers. They are not all from 1 political party or race or gender. The purchases evolved around insecurities in today's political climate.

golden fields

I hope that too.

Personally, I don't care what the solution is. The current plan of doing nothing isn't working. They need to do something, and if it isn't giving up guns, they need to suggest what will work. In my opinion. It will just be the status quo. No one trusts the government enough to hand over their firearms. The sales over the course of the pandemic indicates that trend.

Are the government mass murdering people, busting into schools and gunning down kids too? That's a stupid question. Maybe don't say Defund police if you are a politician during a pandemic causing 60 million gun purchases. So yes they are directly involved and that trend is not slowing down. Can you explain the rise in purchases? I can I been to the ranges with new gun buyers. They are not all from 1 political party or race or gender. The purchases evolved around insecurities in today's political climate."

I'm not sure the point you're making.

All I'm saying is that the government would appear to be more trustworthy than the general population, when it comes to gunning down people in mass shootings.

I hope that too.

Are the government mass murdering people, busting into schools and gunning down kids too? That's a stupid question. Maybe don't say Defund police if you are a politician during a pandemic causing 60 million gun purchases. So yes they are directly involved and that trend is not slowing down. Can you explain the rise in purchases? I can I been to the ranges with new gun buyers. They are not all from 1 political party or race or gender. The purchases evolved around insecurities in today's political climate.

All I'm saying is that the government would appear to be more trustworthy than the general population, when it comes to gunning down people in mass shootings."

Well then don't worry about it You can't comprehend it anyways.

golden fields

I hope that too.

Are the government mass murdering people, busting into schools and gunning down kids too? That's a stupid question. Maybe don't say Defund police if you are a politician during a pandemic causing 60 million gun purchases. So yes they are directly involved and that trend is not slowing down. Can you explain the rise in purchases? I can I been to the ranges with new gun buyers. They are not all from 1 political party or race or gender. The purchases evolved around insecurities in today's political climate.

All I'm saying is that the government would appear to be more trustworthy than the general population, when it comes to gunning down people in mass shootings. Well then don't worry about it You can't comprehend it anyways. "

Meanwhile mass shootings continue and no one does anything.

I hope that too.

All I'm saying is that the government would appear to be more trustworthy than the general population, when it comes to gunning down people in mass shootings. Well then don't worry about it You can't comprehend it anyways.

Meanwhile mass shootings continue and no one does anything. "

Exactly

golden fields

I hope that too.

All I'm saying is that the government would appear to be more trustworthy than the general population, when it comes to gunning down people in mass shootings. Well then don't worry about it You can't comprehend it anyways.

Meanwhile mass shootings continue and no one does anything. Exactly "

Are you saying that they shouldn't try to do anything about it, or are you saying that they should, but that it's just really difficult?

I hope that too.

Meanwhile mass shootings continue and no one does anything. Exactly

Are you saying that they shouldn't try to do anything about it, or are you saying that they should, but that it's just really difficult?"

Who is they ?

golden fields

I hope that too.

Are you saying that they shouldn't try to do anything about it, or are you saying that they should, but that it's just really difficult? Who is they ? "

Government.

I hope that too.

Are you saying that they shouldn't try to do anything about it, or are you saying that they should, but that it's just really difficult? Who is they ?

Government."

local, county, state federal?

By *uki2008Couple 51 weeks ago

Longview

It's because we acted correctly after one in 1996. What wrong with not catering to other countries needs? It's simple like I said. Improve school security with the money we spend overseas for everyone else's security. You can agree to that. This way it doesn't interfere with the second amendment everyone is happy. We don't need to be in NATO anymore anyways. Europe can form their own alliances and handle your own issues. Maybe a EU version of NATO."

golden fields

I hope that too.

Are you saying that they shouldn't try to do anything about it, or are you saying that they should, but that it's just really difficult? Who is they ?

Government. local, county, state federal? "

Any of them.

Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve?

By *uki2008Couple 51 weeks ago

Longview

Thank you blu. As you said if we quit giving money to all thpse other countries that will never appreciate it!! I say pull our resources back and put that money where it will do most good

"Thank you blu. As you said if we quit giving money to all thpse other countries that will never appreciate it!! I say pull our resources back and put that money where it will do most good"
Here is what matters.

I hope that too.

Government. local, county, state federal?

Any of them.

Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve?"

People here voted my county to be a 2A sanctuary. Votes count you saying ignore the people's rights? Now you see how difficult it is.Its the same as you complaining about protester rights. That right was taken away and you are against it.

golden fields

I hope that too.

Any of them.

Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve? People here voted my county to be a 2A sanctuary. Votes count you saying ignore the people's rights? Now you see how difficult it is.Its the same as you complaining about protester rights. That right was taken away and you are against it."

So Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve?

I'm genuinely interested.

I hope that too.

Any of them.

Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve? People here voted my county to be a 2A sanctuary. Votes count you saying ignore the people's rights? Now you see how difficult it is.Its the same as you complaining about protester rights. That right was taken away and you are against it.

So Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve?

I'm genuinely interested."

There is being interested and then there is not understanding the dynamics. No matter what I say you already have made your mind up. So it's pointless. As usual.

golden fields

I hope that too.

Any of them.

Are you saying you don't want anything done about the mass shootings, Or are you saying it's too difficult a problem to solve? People here voted my county to be a 2A sanctuary. Votes count you saying ignore the people's rights? Now you see how difficult it is.Its the same as you complaining about protester rights. That right was taken away and you are against it.

I'm genuinely interested. There is being interested and then there is not understanding the dynamics. No matter what I say you already have made your mind up. So it's pointless. As usual."

It doesn't seem like a complex question. I'm just interested in your opinion is all.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 51 weeks ago

Watford

There's no reasoning with a mindset that the right to bear arms is in any way sensible.

It's the most out of date amendment which was forged in the infancy of the USA and should long ago have been removed from the statute books.

The USA is a country with a veneer of civility but just under the surface, it has out of control gun crime.

I'm so glad I live in a country where gun ownership is severely restricted. The USA will carry on in its own way and have ever more mass shootings as well as their daily count of non-mass gun killings.

Until the gun lobby is dealt with, the USA will get ever worse and have more and more gun crime.

By *eandmrsjones69 OP   Couple 51 weeks ago

Middle England

"Lost count how many so far this year.

No end to this madness is sight."

My takeaway from this is that it's all driven by money and ultimately power. Yes it's in the amendment and there is no way this is ever going to change.

The reasoning about protecting yourself is so fundamentally flawed. By the time somebody kills the single shooter; they have already killed numerous others; how does that protect the innocent?

So what's the answer get more powerful guns and so on and so forth. Sad but that's the way America wants to go. Yes, people get shot in the UK but not on the industrial scale like in the US.

Like it or not guns are not going anywhere. You ban one type people will just use another. The only way you can get a total ban is by raiding houses. That would be a lot worse than mass shootings.

golden fields

"Like it or not guns are not going anywhere. You ban one type people will just use another. The only way you can get a total ban is by raiding houses. That would be a lot worse than mass shootings."

So what's the solution? Or is it either too hard to bother even trying?

"Like it or not guns are not going anywhere. You ban one type people will just use another. The only way you can get a total ban is by raiding houses. That would be a lot worse than mass shootings.

So what's the solution? Or is it either too hard to bother even trying?"

Mental health checks for purchasing. There will never be a total ban. The consequences would be far more devastating.

golden fields

"Like it or not guns are not going anywhere. You ban one type people will just use another. The only way you can get a total ban is by raiding houses. That would be a lot worse than mass shootings.

So what's the solution? Or is it either too hard to bother even trying? Mental health checks for purchasing. There will never be a total ban. The consequences would be far more devastating."

Mental health checks before purchasing guns?

Would that be palatable, and would it reduce the number of mass shootings?

I think it would help, but I don't know by how much.

So what's the solution? Or is it either too hard to bother even trying? Mental health checks for purchasing. There will never be a total ban. The consequences would be far more devastating.

I think it would help, but I don't know by how much. "

not alot but it's worth a try.

golden fields

So what's the solution? Or is it either too hard to bother even trying? Mental health checks for purchasing. There will never be a total ban. The consequences would be far more devastating.

I think it would help, but I don't know by how much. not alot but it's worth a try."

I am in favour of trying something

» Add a new message to this topic