Anyone like the British accent

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hanfunnew OP   Man 52 weeks ago

Manchester, leeds, Bradford areas

Hey there

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ainsb1Man 52 weeks ago

North Lincs/S.Yorks

There isn't a British accent. Four countries make up Britain as a basic area. Scottish is different from Welsh. Even in England, the accents are varied with some that are very hard to understand. So an American would probably be referring to English in a clear pronunciation which only really occurs the most in American films.

By *usty KnightMan 52 weeks ago

Istanbul

A neutral British accent seems to be attractive to some Americans. I love the fantasy scenes from “Love Actually” where the Brit randomly meets appreciative babes. British includes Scottish accent like Ewan McGregor. Don’t forget the Beatles accents weren’t neutral , variety is the spice as they say.

By *oobsAreMyKryptoniteMan 52 weeks ago

Bicester

My mild south London twang drives overseas work colleagues and clients batty. I suspect all those who switch off their cameras in Teams TCs are doing so to secretly masturbate (likely the men too).

"Hey there "

By *hototed54Man 49 weeks ago

leeds/ morley/tingley/ middleton

Can’t see anyone in the states even understanding my broad Yorkshire accent, “ if the nosse wat a meaaan “ .

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS 49 weeks ago

Dublin

"There isn't a British accent. Four countries make up Britain as a basic area. Scottish is different from Welsh. Even in England, the accents are varied with some that are very hard to understand. So an American would probably be referring to English in a clear pronunciation which only really occurs the most in American films."

Three countries make up Great Britain

England

Scotland

Wales

By *iman2100Man 46 weeks ago

Glasgow

My English accent is fairly BBCish so I seem to be understood most places.

Except one time in a Subway fast food place outside New Orleans where the girl, speaking English with a heavy Creole accent, just could not understand me. In the end she yelled out the back "Wayne! Foreigner!". Luckly Wayne undestood me.

By *altenkommandoMan 46 weeks ago

milton keynes

"There isn't a British accent. Four countries make up Britain as a basic area. Scottish is different from Welsh. Even in England, the accents are varied with some that are very hard to understand. So an American would probably be referring to English in a clear pronunciation which only really occurs the most in American films.

England

Scotland

Wales "

Errr…4 ,Northern Ireland

By *allySlinkyWoman 46 weeks ago

Leeds

"My English accent is fairly BBCish so I seem to be understood most places.

Except one time in a Subway fast food place outside New Orleans where the girl, speaking English with a heavy Creole accent, just could not understand me. In the end she yelled out the back "Wayne! Foreigner!". Luckly Wayne undestood me. "

Were you asking for a jacket potato and cutlery ?

milton keynes

"There isn't a British accent. Four countries make up Britain as a basic area. Scottish is different from Welsh. Even in England, the accents are varied with some that are very hard to understand. So an American would probably be referring to English in a clear pronunciation which only really occurs the most in American films."

My ex is/was American and she could not get her head around how localised everything is here. I grew up in an area of the north west of England where 2 miles in any direction you would have vastly differing accents as there was a lot of outspill from Liverpool. The other thing she could never understand was the intense rivalry that existed between people from different places, thinking LIverpool and Manchester significantly, but also the absolute sectarian divide in places like Glasgow that had everything to do with you being either Catholic or Protestant which dictated the football team you supported and which side of the city you lived and nothing to do with race or skin colour. The extent to which we are (at times viscerally) tribal in the UK is an utterly alien concept to most Americans (unless you are talking politics).

milton keynes

Except one time in a Subway fast food place outside New Orleans where the girl, speaking English with a heavy Creole accent, just could not understand me. In the end she yelled out the back "Wayne! Foreigner!". Luckly Wayne undestood me.

Were you asking for a jacket potato and cutlery ?"

They probably didn’t understand the confusion when he asked for “chips” and got “crisps”

By *allySlinkyWoman 46 weeks ago

Leeds

In Florida my son asked a local friend if could put his trunks in the boot and his friend didn't have a clue !

By *iman2100Man 46 weeks ago

Glasgow

Were you asking for a jacket potato and cutlery ?

They probably didn’t understand the confusion when he asked for “chips” and got “crisps”"

I have got quite used to the USAisms now after going there for 12 years. The French based Creoles near New Orleans speak a very distorted English if they have limited contact with other parts of the English speaking world.

I was after a 12" sub roll from their menu. It appeared me pointing at it did not help either.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Dublin

"There isn't a British accent. Four countries make up Britain as a basic area. Scottish is different from Welsh. Even in England, the accents are varied with some that are very hard to understand. So an American would probably be referring to English in a clear pronunciation which only really occurs the most in American films.

England

Scotland

Wales

Errr…4 ,Northern Ireland"

Errrrr 3. Northern Ireland is part of the UK not Great Britain.

milton keynes

England

Scotland

Wales

Errr…4 ,Northern Ireland

Errrrr 3. Northern Ireland is part of the UK not Great Britain."

Indeed you are right.

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

Most British women sound sexy and sophisticated with their accent

By *tmostakiss1Man 44 weeks ago

Derry

England

Scotland

Wales

Errr…4 ,Northern Ireland"

No, it’s GB & NI. You’re wrong lol

By *hePlug69Man 41 weeks ago

bridgwater

England

Scotland

Wales

Errr…4 ,Northern Ireland

No, it’s GB & NI. You’re wrong lol"

Actually..you are Great Britain doesn't actually include Ireland at all. You mean the UK which includes Northern ireland

By *tmostakiss1Man 41 weeks ago

Derry

England

Scotland

Wales

Errr…4 ,Northern Ireland

No, it’s GB & NI. You’re wrong lol

Actually..you are Great Britain doesn't actually include Ireland at all. You mean the UK which includes Northern ireland "

That’s exactly what I said, GB *&* NI

By *hav02Man 41 weeks ago

Glasgow/London

"Most British women sound sexy and sophisticated with their accent "

Which part of Britain though. Most attribute to RP accent

By *ivinity99Man 41 weeks ago

Castle Douglas

I suspect that when Northern Ireland is included it is known as the United Kingdom

By *ardon69Man 41 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales.

United Kingdom = England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

Ireland = Ireland & Northern Ireland

And if you want to be particular, the British isles and all of the above

By * New YorkieMan 41 weeks ago

Leeds

From what I saw in the USA with a sexy British friend in tow. She attracted lots of ppl to hear her talk. She was naked at Caliente, so that might have been part of draw to listen to her accent too.

» Add a new message to this topic