FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > Chicago to LA Road trip

Chicago to LA Road trip

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am planning a road trip for next year, Chicago to LA, would love suggestions of routes and things to do and see

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

not much to see on the route 66 road trip route and most of the road net work for 66 is gone, a lot of the journey is on the I40, there are many better routes from east to west

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"not much to see on the route 66 road trip route and most of the road net work for 66 is gone, a lot of the journey is on the I40, there are many better routes from east to west"
you can't leave me hanging like that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"not much to see on the route 66 road trip route and most of the road net work for 66 is gone, a lot of the journey is on the I40, there are many better routes from east to west you can't leave me hanging like that"

sorry, it all depends on what you want to do and see, you can do between 3 & 4000 miles in 2 weeks easily.

here is a couple of examples, fly to Denver, pick up a car and have a night there, drive to Cheyenne- Wyoming, stop over then onto Rapid city - South Dakota, 2 nights there as loads to see, whether you stop in at keystone, visit badlands, visit crazyhorse memorial, mount rushmore etc.

then drive onto Cody, a small cowboy town with huge Rodeo, over night stop then onto Yellowstone Wyoming for a couple of nights there for trekking, take bear spray as you will see and possibly bump into some.

From Yellowstone drive to Jackson Hole via the Grand Tetons and enjoy a few drinks too much at the "Million Dollar Cowboy Bar"

next stop Salt Lake city, only one night as drinking problems there and lack of good watering holes.

then either head to Moab (arches national park) or drive to "Estes Park" and visit the famous "Shinning" - Stanley hotel (overlook hotel).

then back to Denver for return back home

that's one option, excellent scenery, safe, easy to drive and loads to do

ive done many routes, happy to put up a few more if you are interested.

have to go, time for dinner.

D

» Add a new message to this topic