FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Today there is clapping for the carers.

Today there is clapping for the carers.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It is not today but I wanted to continue the thread with the same title, it is every thursday at 8pm, as the nation come together once again as part of the clap for our carers campaign, it is about about recognising the efforts of the nhs workers fighting the coronavirus pandemic every day, are you also going to be clapping? I will

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Morning Shag yes I will continue to clap each Thursday!

I read on my other thread and it was good that it was a big turn out for the clap, until next week

"Morning Shag yes I will continue to clap each Thursday!"
Morning and that is good that you will be doing that and I will do the same too, it is good to show them the support through it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Morning Shag

We clapped yesterday and our hands are sore. They need to rest until Thursday.

Best Regards to all

"Morning Shag

Best Regards to all "

Morning and that is good you clapped too and yes until the next week with the clapping

chelmsford

"Morning Shag

Best Regards to all "

It's also the only time we see our neighbours, which is nice too

Get ready for some clapping today. I like it cos you can see all your neighbours and to wink at them the same time and also whistle, it is a good community spirit going on on my street

chelmsford

"Get ready for some clapping today. I like it cos you can see all your neighbours and to wink at them the same time and also whistle, it is a good community spirit going on on my street "

Yes me too Shag! Nice to catch up with the neighbours once a week

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My neighbours and I are all set. Although thinking of a change of song for this evening as we were having walking on sunshine... and it's not exactly sunny now x

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"My neighbours and I are all set. Although thinking of a change of song for this evening as we were having walking on sunshine... and it's not exactly sunny now x"

I like it. It’s kind of ironic.

"Get ready for some clapping today. I like it cos you can see all your neighbours and to wink at them the same time and also whistle, it is a good community spirit going on on my street

Yes me too Shag! Nice to catch up with the neighbours once a week "

That is good and that is right it is that too and too see how everyone are as well

chelmsford

"Get ready for some clapping today. I like it cos you can see all your neighbours and to wink at them the same time and also whistle, it is a good community spirit going on on my street

Yes me too Shag! Nice to catch up with the neighbours once a week That is good and that is right it is that too and too see how everyone are as well "

Heavy rain at the moment, hopefully that will stop before 8pm

I stopped clapping for carers after the first week. (I myself am a carer). It was then we were informed the NHS were suspending hubbies chemo. Its not just him obviously, but thousands of cancer sufferers have had all treatment cancelled since the outbreak of corona.

Yes me too Shag! Nice to catch up with the neighbours once a week That is good and that is right it is that too and too see how everyone are as well

Heavy rain at the moment, hopefully that will stop before 8pm "

Yes I think it will stop before as well

chelmsford

"I stopped clapping for carers after the first week. (I myself am a carer). It was then we were informed the NHS were suspending hubbies chemo. Its not just him obviously, but thousands of cancer sufferers have had all treatment cancelled since the outbreak of corona. "

So sorry to hear this

chelmsford

Yes me too Shag! Nice to catch up with the neighbours once a week That is good and that is right it is that too and too see how everyone are as well

Heavy rain at the moment, hopefully that will stop before 8pm Yes I think it will stop before as well "

love

Heavy rain at the moment, hopefully that will stop before 8pm Yes I think it will stop before as well love

"

Yes it starts soon, it will be fun

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

I can hear it round here for the first time.

It's pretty nice.

chelmsford

Heavy rain at the moment, hopefully that will stop before 8pm Yes I think it will stop before as well love

Yes it starts soon, it will be fun "

Lots of clapping again but not much chatting, too much rain

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I'd happily pay a bit more income tax to ensure clapping can become a real world appreciation.

Especially so Nurses don't have to pay tuition fees or go grovelling to food banks and have proper equipment at work.

chelmsford

"I can hear it round here for the first time.

It's pretty nice."

Aah thats good

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

So many more people around my way out clapping tonight,great to see an here them.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

It's pretty nice.

Aah thats good "

Went or for 20 minutes. I want to join in but no idea where it was coming from.

chelmsford

"So many more people around my way out clapping tonight,great to see an here them."
love

That's good

chelmsford

It's pretty nice.

Aah thats good

Went or for 20 minutes. I want to join in but no idea where it was coming from. "

Gosh that was a long time . We done about 5 minutes, but it's the thought that counts

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

As always we where out there clapping last night

chelmsford

"As always we where out there clapping last night

"

xx

Get ready for some clapping today

All ready here x x

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I will be out but no bugger will hear me. I live in a quiet part of the county

chelmsford

"Get ready for some clapping today "

I'm in!

"Get ready for some clapping today

I'm in! "

That is good

chelmsford

I'm in! That is good "

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I missed it today

chelmsford

"I missed it today"

Oops

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I was out rattling my maracas .

I got a bit fed up with the finger pointing towards people who weren't out. Especially from people who I know have been have regular visitors. I'm not keen on the "I'm more grateful than everyone else" attitude

chelmsford

"I was out rattling my maracas .

I got a bit fed up with the finger pointing towards people who weren't out. Especially from people who I know have been have regular visitors. I'm not keen on the "I'm more grateful than everyone else" attitude "

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

I got a bit fed up with the finger pointing towards people who weren't out. Especially from people who I know have been have regular visitors. I'm not keen on the "I'm more grateful than everyone else" attitude "

Did you have a good turn out for your street?

There was only 2 households inc us out of approx 50 houses on our street out tonight clapping.

The first week it was done the whole street was out, fireworks in the park adjacent, noise bellowing across the estate etc it felt special.

Tonight was like clapping on your own on a deserted island once you stopped you could hear a pin drop.

Sad but then I guess it's a case of has it started to run its course? Are people just fed up now? I don't know?

What was it like for other areas and streets tonight?

KJ x

chelmsford

I got a bit fed up with the finger pointing towards people who weren't out. Especially from people who I know have been have regular visitors. I'm not keen on the "I'm more grateful than everyone else" attitude

There was only 2 households inc us out of approx 50 houses on our street out tonight clapping.

The first week it was done the whole street was out, fireworks in the park adjacent, noise bellowing across the estate etc it felt special.

Tonight was like clapping on your own on a deserted island once you stopped you could hear a pin drop.

Sad but then I guess it's a case of has it started to run its course? Are people just fed up now? I don't know?

KJ x "

We are only a small lane, but all out as usual

Teesside

KJ x ,

We are only a small lane, but all out as usual "

Good to hear

Just us grumpy northerners then lol

chelmsford

KJ x ,

Good to hear

Just us grumpy northerners then lol "

Aah, you were out, that's all that matters

Teesside

KJ x ,

Good to hear

Aah, you were out, that's all that matters "

Thanks me and the wife are key workers so we have been working since day 1 of the lockdown. At the start of April you had all the normally busy roads almost to yourself, it was like a zombie film minus the zombies.

Fast forward to this week and it truly feels almost like normal. Even down to needing to leave work at the right time to try and avoid rush hour traffic.

It's like Middlesbrough at least has decide fuck it with the lockdown let's crack on.

It doesn't help that our twat of a Major overruled the Health Minister MP declaring parks had to be open the other week and instead has ensured they are all chained up and entrances policed. Sad really people in the town without gardens need the parks to exercise properly and get some nature time. Thankfully the cemetery with a focus on nature reserves within is just a 5 minute walk away.

Are there any other Tessside fabbers about and if so what's your view?

KJ x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

KJ x "

The majority turned out I'd say. I see it as a choice and I have no problem with people who choose not to.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Each week gets louder here. We currently have p&o cruise ships in the bay and they join in, as well as any other rfa ships about etc. The whole street both sides come out. Nice sense of community to be honest!

By *rumpyandsexyCouple  over a year ago

mansfield

No i dont clap i know the nhs does a great job but so do the shop workers on a lot less pay.

Why always the nurses doctors when after all the pay isnt bad.

I do know my daughter is a nurse

chelmsford

KJ x ,

Good to hear

Aah, you were out, that's all that matters

Thanks me and the wife are key workers so we have been working since day 1 of the lockdown. At the start of April you had all the normally busy roads almost to yourself, it was like a zombie film minus the zombies.

Fast forward to this week and it truly feels almost like normal. Even down to needing to leave work at the right time to try and avoid rush hour traffic.

It's like Middlesbrough at least has decide fuck it with the lockdown let's crack on.

It doesn't help that our twat of a Major overruled the Health Minister MP declaring parks had to be open the other week and instead has ensured they are all chained up and entrances policed. Sad really people in the town without gardens need the parks to exercise properly and get some nature time. Thankfully the cemetery with a focus on nature reserves within is just a 5 minute walk away.

Are there any other Tessside fabbers about and if so what's your view?

KJ x"

Well it's definitely busier everywhere. It's disgraceful, locking parks. Many people are struggling, being shut away, some with no contact with anyone. Everyone needs to be able to safely have a walk and a chat, at a safe distance, with others. Keep up the good work

chelmsford

"Each week gets louder here. We currently have p&o cruise ships in the bay and they join in, as well as any other rfa ships about etc. The whole street both sides come out. Nice sense of community to be honest!"

That is great!

chelmsford

"No i dont clap i know the nhs does a great job but so do the shop workers on a lot less pay.

I do know my daughter is a nurse"

I tend to clap for everyone, who are working so hard and sometimes not safely, for us all. Yes especially retail staff, I have the greatest respect for them all

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"No i dont clap i know the nhs does a great job but so do the shop workers on a lot less pay.

I tend to clap for everyone, who are working so hard and sometimes not safely, for us all. Yes especially retail staff, I have the greatest respect for them all "

Same here, we have a few frontline workers on my street, myself and my neighbour included (shes a nhs nurse, I am not), trace over the road works in a shop, the dr surgery receptionist a few doors down, a lot of fishermen, care home workers and a few of my colleagues, and we all clap for everyone really as we all (well maybe not the fishermen as much) work face to face with the public 1 way or another

chelmsford

I tend to clap for everyone, who are working so hard and sometimes not safely, for us all. Yes especially retail staff, I have the greatest respect for them all

Same here, we have a few frontline workers on my street, myself and my neighbour included (shes a nhs nurse, I am not), trace over the road works in a shop, the dr surgery receptionist a few doors down, a lot of fishermen, care home workers and a few of my colleagues, and we all clap for everyone really as we all (well maybe not the fishermen as much) work face to face with the public 1 way or another"

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

What is it with this continuous clapping?

It gives the impression the UK is doing a wonderful job when it is not

Death toll is soaring,Boris has failed and is failing,UK is coming out of lockdown too quick death toll will soar even higher

UK citizens should be on streets demanding Boris go for his failures

Yet all you do is clap

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 08/05/20 10:12:54]

"What is it with this continuous clapping?

Death toll is soaring,Boris has failed and is failing,UK is coming out of lockdown too quick death toll will soar even higher

Yet all you do is clap

"

If the death toll is soaring then why stay in lockdown?

chelmsford

Yet all you do is clap

"

The clapping is to show appreciation for the NHS staff and carers in fact any essential workers

chelmsford

Yet all you do is clap

If the death toll is soaring then why stay in lockdown? "

Maybe because it would soar more?

Chelmsford

Should key workers clap themselves ?

Yet all you do is clap

If the death toll is soaring then why stay in lockdown? ,

Maybe because it would soar more?"

Maybe that the same word the government and experts use MAYBE

chelmsford

Yet all you do is clap

If the death toll is soaring then why stay in lockdown? ,

Maybe because it would soar more?Maybe that the same word the government and experts use MAYBE "

chelmsford

"Should key workers clap themselves ?"

Yes

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Should key workers clap themselves ?"

maybe they could be clapping in support of their colleagues rather than themselves.

By *utty_JiggleCouple  over a year ago

Black Country

[Removed by poster at 14/05/20 13:23:11]

i clapped the refuse workers today and gave them some biscuits.

chelmsford

I'm ready, Shag

Yet all you do is clap

"

you know most of our complaints against our government.. if you read the news other countries are complaining about similar. Lack of ppe. Not protecting care homes. Deaths not being reported ...

And yea I will be clapping later

Yet all you do is clap

you know most of our complaints against our government.. if you read the news other countries are complaining about similar. Lack of ppe. Not protecting care homes. Deaths not being reported ...

And yea I will be clapping later "

They like our government go by what the experts say, as they are only politians that know no more than anyone else.

Next time you vote for someone make sure they have a degree in hindsight.

Yet all you do is clap

And yea I will be clapping later They like our government go by what the experts say, as they are only politians that know no more than anyone else.

Next time you vote for someone make sure they have a degree in hindsight. "

Agreed. First game of tennis in 7 weeks yesterday and another tomorrow. Thankyou Government, NHS and all the other key workers for enabling me to get a tiny bit of my life back. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. xxx

"i clapped the refuse workers today and gave them some biscuits."
That is good

I'm ready, Shag "

That is good you are that too

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

When all this is all over, do you all think its all gona carry on... Praising the NHS..... What about the carers they were the last to get noticed... Dispite all the warnings earlier about the elderly.... Disgrace to the country that's my opinion... Rant over

Titch xx

Still won't be clapping. I'll clap when they allow hubby to continue with his chemo. No work around offered, just all meds stopped with a "we're too busy dealing with covid"

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

Exactly what does clapping achieve?

Increase in salary?

Decrease in hours?

Safer working environment?

So easy for the sheeple to follow and not question why be part of nothing but a bunch of clappers. It won't make the NHS rich now will it.. Nik

Chelmsford

Is it getting tedious ?

By *ilmissplumpyWoman  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My 18 month old grandaughter stands at the flat window clapping every Thursday along with watching people banging saucepans etc. It's so habitual now if she hears a similar bang she starts slow clapping. The video I (I am NHS staff BTW) was sent by my daughter melts my heart

[Removed by poster at 14/05/20 22:37:42]

chelmsford

"Exactly what does clapping achieve?

Increase in salary?

Decrease in hours?

So easy for the sheeple to follow and not question why be part of nothing but a bunch of clappers. It won't make the NHS rich now will it.. Nik"

We're showing our appreciation

chelmsford

"Is it getting tedious ?"

Not for us

chelmsford

"My 18 month old grandaughter stands at the flat window clapping every Thursday along with watching people banging saucepans etc. It's so habitual now if she hears a similar bang she starts slow clapping. The video I (I am NHS staff BTW) was sent by my daughter melts my heart"

Aah bless her! Thank you for what you do and are you happy for us to clap you?

Chelmsford

I clapped tonight too

chelmsford

"I clapped tonight too"

For the nhs and carers, I hope

Chelmsford

"I clapped tonight too

For the nhs and carers, I hope "

Yes

chelmsford

"I clapped tonight too

For the nhs and carers, I hope

Yes"

Well done

By *ilmissplumpyWoman  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"My 18 month old grandaughter stands at the flat window clapping every Thursday along with watching people banging saucepans etc. It's so habitual now if she hears a similar bang she starts slow clapping. The video I (I am NHS staff BTW) was sent by my daughter melts my heart

Aah bless her! Thank you for what you do and are you happy for us to clap you? "

I am not a hero on a ward (cleaner, porter, nurse, doctor) I am merely admin. I applaud all of those I consider putting their lives on the line. My hubby takes medicines out to people in the community. Clap for him x

chelmsford

"My 18 month old grandaughter stands at the flat window clapping every Thursday along with watching people banging saucepans etc. It's so habitual now if she hears a similar bang she starts slow clapping. The video I (I am NHS staff BTW) was sent by my daughter melts my heart

Aah bless her! Thank you for what you do and are you happy for us to clap you?

I am not a hero on a ward (cleaner, porter, nurse, doctor) I am merely admin. I applaud all of those I consider putting their lives on the line. My hubby takes medicines out to people in the community. Clap for him x"

You are still an important part of the system, so I thank you and I clap for both of you x

kildare

Yet all you do is clap

And yea I will be clapping later They like our government go by what the experts say, as they are only politians that know no more than anyone else.

Next time you vote for someone make sure they have a degree in hindsight. "

Your government didn't do what the experts told them too

Boris refused to go into lockdown,Cheltenham went ahead,concerts, marathons,football matches,Boris shaking hands

All against UK expert advice at the time

This is why you have worst death toll in world

But keep clapping

Do t ask any questions or look at the facts

Just keep clapping

Get ready for some clapping tonight

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Is this still happening?

Probably only be all those drone shots of bored NHS staff with nothing to do, standing outside the A&E depth with all the parked up ambulances flashing their lights!

Hahaha, gives them something to do though I suppose. Hahaha

Really we should be clapping the young tonight.

Forced out of Europe against their wishes by the old.

Now they are being bankrupted and indebted for the rest of their lives to protect 5% of elderly.

Clap! Holy fuck they all need medals. 

chelmsford

"Get ready for some clapping tonight "

I'm in Shag!

Yet all you do is clap

Boris refused to go into lockdown,Cheltenham went ahead,concerts, marathons,football matches,Boris shaking hands

But keep clapping

Just keep clapping"

Worst in the world ?

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Exactly what does clapping achieve?

Increase in salary?

Decrease in hours?

So easy for the sheeple to follow and not question why be part of nothing but a bunch of clappers. It won't make the NHS rich now will it.. Nik"

I agree, very early on the Thursday clapping was hijacked by members of the government aligning themselves to a good cause and the general public, celebrating the great work the NHS does and we've been fooled, their high profile displays of self congratulation distracts us from the facts:

Health & care workers are still being exposed to high levels of risk.

The promised essential PPE is dripping into the system slower than a rusty tap.

The vast majority of the current cabinet who stand on their doorsteps clapping solemnly, voted against improved pay for NHS workers.

In my opinion Thursdays appreciation should show gratitude for the NHS, but also be a silent protest against the conditions NHS and care workers are enduring, we and the government are not in this together.

chelmsford

I shall continue to clap. My niece is an A & E doctor and she and her colleagues are happy for us to clap, to show our appreciation, so I will be clapping tonight

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Clapping and giving them a pay rise are not mutually exclusive. However, I find that people who voted conservative in the last election are hypocritical to say the least. If you voted for Johnson and his clowns, you’ve condoned what their party have done to the people you’re clapping for. I can clap without being ashamed of what I did six months ago.

Glasgow

"I shall continue to clap. My niece is an A & E doctor and she and her colleagues are happy for us to clap, to show our appreciation, so I will be clapping tonight "

Of course you're perfectly entitled to, nobody's suggesting otherwise!

Ps I've worked in a clinical environment in the NHS for nearly 30 years and most of my colleagues with long service share a similar view.

chelmsford

"I shall continue to clap. My niece is an A & E doctor and she and her colleagues are happy for us to clap, to show our appreciation, so I will be clapping tonight

Of course you're perfectly entitled to, nobody's suggesting otherwise!

Ps I've worked in a clinical environment in the NHS for nearly 30 years and most of my colleagues with long service share a similar view. "

"Get ready for some clapping tonight

I'm in Shag! "

That is good

chelmsford

"Get ready for some clapping tonight

I'm in Shag! That is good "

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

I wont be clapping tonite as i havent from the start and i am a care worker i think tonites clap should as someone earlier said be a silent one to protest at what is going on that hypocrite that stands at number 10 every week and claps is the very one who wouldnt give us a decent pay rise a few months ago also how do you think so many people in care homes got the virus because they are being sent from hospitals into them without being tested homes are being bullied into taking them to ease the hospital beds and he is standing by and letting it happen he is a disgrace to the country he couldnt even be bothered yesyerday to brush his hair is it any wonder other countries think britian is a laughing stock

"Get ready for some clapping tonight "
all ready. Although I dont know what song we have on our street this week as my dog ate the flyer lol x

chelmsford

"Get ready for some clapping tonight all ready. Although I dont know what song we have on our street this week as my dog ate the flyer lol x "

Haha!

By *hoenix-risingMan  over a year ago

Co.Down

"I wont be clapping tonite as i havent from the start and i am a care worker i think tonites clap should as someone earlier said be a silent one to protest at what is going on that hypocrite that stands at number 10 every week and claps is the very one who wouldnt give us a decent pay rise a few months ago also how do you think so many people in care homes got the virus because they are being sent from hospitals into them without being tested homes are being bullied into taking them to ease the hospital beds and he is standing by and letting it happen he is a disgrace to the country he couldnt even be bothered yesyerday to brush his hair is it any wonder other countries think britian is a laughing stock "

Commas and sentences would be of enormous value.

"Get ready for some clapping tonight all ready. Although I dont know what song we have on our street this week as my dog ate the flyer lol x ,

Haha! "

Yes you will have to print out few new flyers for the song there lol.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I will as always

It's news to me the clapping is restricted depending on who you vote for

milton keynes

Yet all you do is clap

But keep clapping

Just keep clapping

Worst in the world ?"

Be fair facts are not his strong point

chelmsford

"I will as always

It's news to me the clapping is restricted depending on who you vote for"

Me too

Glasgow

"I will as always

It's news to me the clapping is restricted depending on who you vote for"

No, it's degraded by being hijacked by people who were voted for.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Has your neighbours clapping changed?

We have had 3 more houses stop doing it now, the community mood has been changing over the past couple of weeks

Yet all you do is clap

But keep clapping

Just keep clapping

Worst in the world ?

Be fair facts are not his strong point"

milton keynes

"I will as always

It's news to me the clapping is restricted depending on who you vote for

No, it's degraded by being hijacked by people who were voted for."

Oh well if you say so I won't do it again

Silly me

I think it is great to get a clap each week nothing to do with boris nicola sturgeon and I will do it every week

chelmsford

"Has your neighbours clapping changed?

We have had 3 more houses stop doing it now, the community mood has been changing over the past couple of weeks"

No we're all still out there clapping

I will start by saying that the NHS and care staff deserve all the claps they are getting and more, having said that it does seem like it's used as a distraction by the news and politicians, all well and good clapping (and like I said I think they deserve it) but proper ppe and an half decent pay rise would be an even better reward I think

I'll start this post by saying I think our NHS staff are awesome and are not only doing a great job today but always have

I have many friends in the NHS who are now saying to stop the clap as they are doing their job, they don't want the freebies etc but are always greatful for it

This just shows to me the type of people we have that selfishly give up everything to help others, I'll be honest, I couldbt do it, but I'm so grateful others can

I'll clap, dance buy a coffee, dop my hat or what ever is suitable now and always for out hardworking medical teams - even if they don't want it

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

"I'm an NHS doctor – and I've had enough of people clapping for me".

"I know many of my colleagues appreciate the clapping, saying that they feel moved and grateful... There are others, like me, whose response is that it is a sentimental distraction from the issues facing us..."

"...People need to show their value of key-working staff in practical ways; pay them enough to be able to live in our cities, and recognise, support and welcome immigrant staff who prop this country up".

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/21/nhs-doctor-enough-people-clapping

"I will start by saying that the NHS and care staff deserve all the claps they are getting and more, having said that it does seem like it's used as a distraction by the news and politicians, all well and good clapping (and like I said I think they deserve it) but proper ppe and an half decent pay rise would be an even better reward I think "
Well said!!!!

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"I wont be clapping tonite as i havent from the start and i am a care worker i think tonites clap should as someone earlier said be a silent one to protest at what is going on that hypocrite that stands at number 10 every week and claps is the very one who wouldnt give us a decent pay rise a few months ago also how do you think so many people in care homes got the virus because they are being sent from hospitals into them without being tested homes are being bullied into taking them to ease the hospital beds and he is standing by and letting it happen he is a disgrace to the country he couldnt even be bothered yesyerday to brush his hair is it any wonder other countries think britian is a laughing stock

Commas and sentences would be of enormous value."

Hahaha our care sector workers, best in the world!

kildare

Yet all you do is clap

But keep clapping

Just keep clapping

Worst in the world ?"

Second highest death toll in the world I meant to say

Still nothing to be applauded

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

""I'm an NHS doctor – and I've had enough of people clapping for me".

"I know many of my colleagues appreciate the clapping, saying that they feel moved and grateful... There are others, like me, whose response is that it is a sentimental distraction from the issues facing us..."

"...People need to show their value of key-working staff in practical ways; pay them enough to be able to live in our cities, and recognise, support and welcome immigrant staff who prop this country up".

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/21/nhs-doctor-enough-people-clapping

"

Thank you to all the Key workers, we agree with the Doctor and this post. Reward these people properly, not just by Clapping. It is hypocritical for any Tory MP to clap when they voted against pay rises and voted for visa fees for NHS workers

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Clapping needs to go with shouts - “now pay them properly”. Of course when that becomes widespread you can expect BBC coverage of the clapping to stop.

Clapping is for NHS and carers nothing to do with politics

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Clapping is for NHS and carers nothing to do with politics "

It was for the carers but has been hijacked by the politicians as a means of infantilising the population - not that it’s needed in many cases.

Glasgow

But it's achievef nothing in terms of improving conditions for health/care workers and 'enables' the government ministers to align themselves with a grateful public as though they're not part of the problem.

Ironically the hand clapping is actually disadvantaging health workers because it gives the ministers a platform to claim to be part of us, impotent to the solution..but they'll stand on their doorsteps every Thursday clapping enthusiastically, giving the workers a jolly good pat on the back instead!

chelmsford

There are still some that appreciate the clapping. If I could give them a pay rise, I would, but that's out of my control,unfortunately. Someoone suggested I wave a banner, instead of clapping, if only it were that easy.

As a front line worker I love the clapping each week some folk have no idea what we do at work

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Time to end it says the founder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52773032

No

"It is not today but I wanted to continue the thread with the same title, it is every thursday at 8pm, as the nation come together once again as part of the clap for our carers campaign, it is about about recognising the efforts of the nhs workers fighting the coronavirus pandemic every day, are you also going to be clapping? I will "

Looks like people now think its over and dnt need to. No one came out last night.

Short memories

chelmsford

"As a front line worker I love the clapping each week some folk have no idea what we do at work "

Then I'm clapping for you too x

chelmsford

"It is not today but I wanted to continue the thread with the same title, it is every thursday at 8pm, as the nation come together once again as part of the clap for our carers campaign, it is about about recognising the efforts of the nhs workers fighting the coronavirus pandemic every day, are you also going to be clapping? I will

Looks like people now think its over and dnt need to. No one came out last night.

Short memories "

We were all out last night

milton keynes

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

TBH I think it should be stopped rather than allowed to fade out

It was a brilliant gesture but sometimes it better to leave on a high rather than think people do t care anymore

Just a thought

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

plenty of people are still coming out every week where I am, but I did read an article about the person who started it feels that it should be stopped now and maybe he just be annually.

There are multiple reasons for it and lots of support for it to be stopped now.

By *ue100Woman  over a year ago

Worcester

IMHO its the ones who are prone to breaking contact rules who are the ones on the doorsteps, especially the moron down the road who wears fancy dress for the occasion and runs down the street with his saucepan!Its gone beyond what it was meant for, you clap because others are doing it and dont want to be seen to be not clapping, dont be sheep.

BTW I am a nurse

I thought it was so touching when people came out to show support for the NHS. But I really do believe we should give it a rest now. Before it becomes ....cheesy. sorry.

chelmsford

I will be clapping tonight shag they are talking on tv about it being the last one..

"TBH I think it should be stopped rather than allowed to fade out

It was a brilliant gesture but sometimes it better to leave on a high rather than think people do t care anymore

Just a thought"

I've never gone out and clapped. Just watching it on tv makes me cry, so I don't even watch that now as it breaks me. My neighbours probably think I'm a heartless bitch.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

It seems to have run its course where I live, it peaked at 12 people but last week it was down to 2 people

I will be clapping tonight for the last time .

The founder wants tonight to be the last one.

I will be clapping tonight shag they are talking on tv about it being the last one.."

That is good you are. I see, we have to see what they will say about it.

chelmsford

I will be clapping tonight shag they are talking on tv about it being the last one..That is good you are. I see, we have to see what they will say about it. "

I'd like to continue, but wait and see

"

The founder??? So by law I can’t clap after today?

"TBH I think it should be stopped rather than allowed to fade out

Just a thought

I've never gone out and clapped. Just watching it on tv makes me cry, so I don't even watch that now as it breaks me. My neighbours probably think I'm a heartless bitch. "

That is it...I think we all care for them working in the care sector.

But we all have our own reasons to if we clap or not

The founder??? So by law I can’t clap after today? "

You can do as you please

I do think it had become too political now and nice to end on a high note.

We can still show support by displaying the In windows and on cars

Same here, we have a few frontline workers on my street, myself and my neighbour included (shes a nhs nurse, I am not), trace over the road works in a shop, the dr surgery receptionist a few doors down, a lot of fishermen, care home workers and a few of my colleagues, and we all clap for everyone really as we all (well maybe not the fishermen as much) work face to face with the public 1 way or another

"

I'm probably not going to clap tonight, I'm at work, very busy (on lunch break atm), all I'll want to do when i get home is eat, have a glass of wine and sleep

chelmsford

The founder??? So by law I can’t clap after today? "

You can clap as long as you like

the wetlands

I did say last week it should be finished before it starts to fade out

I think the NHS have got the message and it's over.

There's no reason people can't display their gratitude to the NHS individually of course. Many of the kids have made window decorations, and probably a lot of adults.

One last clap for us anyway.

chelmsford

"I did say last week it should be finished before it starts to fade out

I think the NHS have got the message and it's over.

There's no reason people can't display their gratitude to the NHS individually of course. Many of the kids have made window decorations, and probably a lot of adults.

One last clap for us anyway."

Yes I think tonight will be my last clap, we still appreciate and thank these people everyday

kildare

"IMHO its the ones who are prone to breaking contact rules who are the ones on the doorsteps, especially the moron down the road who wears fancy dress for the occasion and runs down the street with his saucepan

"

Sounds like he's having a serious mental episode,has anyone gone in to check he's ok?

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Britain. Clapped out....sums the whole thing up rather succinctly...lol

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I thought it made sense to end it now as some kids go back to school next week and people see it as a political thing now

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Clapped first week

Sadly beyond that I could only view it as an act of piety

Each week imo only devalued the sentiment

How fucking fucking fucking fucking shitty awful that I felt or needed to say that applauding the NHS was wrong

It's never wrong to support our NHS however the way it was done was not right . It was empty

As I said there is a word that word is pious

chelmsford

"Britain. Clapped out....sums the whole thing up rather succinctly...lol

"

Not for those that have family members working in the nhs...

chelmsford

"Clapped first week

Sadly beyond that I could only view it as an act of piety

Each week imo only devalued the sentiment

How fucking fucking fucking fucking shitty awful that I felt or needed to say that applauding the NHS was wrong

It's never wrong to support our NHS however the way it was done was not right . It was empty

As I said there is a word that word is pious

"

I don't feel it was empty when so many appreciated it and were joining in themselves

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

"Britain. Clapped out....sums the whole thing up rather succinctly...lol

Not for those that have family members working in the nhs..."

Our only daughter is an NHS doctor. It was her observation in the first place. She has to travel to different surgeries in her work and is constantly vilified by people who think she's breaking lockdown rules. The clapping wore very thin some time ago for her.

I will be clapping tonight shag they are talking on tv about it being the last one..That is good you are. I see, we have to see what they will say about it. ,

I'd like to continue, but wait and see "

Same here. I will also continue to clap

By *averingcoupleCouple  over a year ago

romford

Clapping is a great idea but some idiots are spoiling it with fire works which are really horrible for any animals...

the wetlands

It's over, let it go

IMHO

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

It’s the fucking idiots wearing a chicken suit running up and down the street beating a pan with a wooden spoon and letting off fireworks that fucked the whole clapping for care complete brain dead dickheads in my opinion

chelmsford

I will continue if my nhs (care home staff) neighbours are out

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"It’s the fucking idiots wearing a chicken suit running up and down the street beating a pan with a wooden spoon and letting off fireworks that fucked the whole clapping for care complete brain dead dickheads in my opinion

"

And those insisting to wail, sorry, sing into a sodding pa system so everyone around can hear that they can't sing. Rant over

chelmsford

"It’s the fucking idiots wearing a chicken suit running up and down the street beating a pan with a wooden spoon and letting off fireworks that fucked the whole clapping for care complete brain dead dickheads in my opinion

And those insisting to wail, sorry, sing into a sodding pa system so everyone around can hear that they can't sing. Rant over "

Yes that's not so good

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I will be clapping tonight shag they are talking on tv about it being the last one..That is good you are. I see, we have to see what they will say about it. ,

I'd like to continue, but wait and see Same here. I will also continue to clap "

You're not in the UK are you Shag?

I'd like to continue, but wait and see Same here. I will also continue to clap

You're not in the UK are you Shag? "

Yes I am back to the uk.

kildare

I think you all should be running up and down the streets in fancy dress,banging pots and screaming and singing every Thursday indefinitely or you just don't care about nhs

Keep it going forever shag

By *asilrathboneMan  over a year ago

West bromwich

[Removed by poster at 05/06/20 08:50:27]

"I think you all should be running up and down the streets in fancy dress,banging pots and screaming and singing every Thursday indefinitely or you just don't care about nhs

Keep it going forever shag"

We havn't done it for the last 2 weeks, there were less and less people in the past few weeks and last night i was in bed by 8pm, knackered after a stressfull, busy day at work with no social distancing and no PPE.

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 05/06/20 12:51:10]

» Add a new message to this topic