FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tracking Apps - what a total waste of time.

Tracking Apps - what a total waste of time.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/will-nhs-contact-tracing-app-work-experts-reveal-concerns-11980023

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If people can update it themselves claiming they have symptoms it's totally useless. Idiots will spam it pretending to be ill.

Many won't have the app anyway because they are scared about privacy.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Yep totally agree.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

If its voluntary it won't work.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

Why can't we use one that's been developed and proven by another country, for example Australia? Why do we have to wait another two weeks while we develop one which 'ahem' may have teething problems

And as hardly anyone was tested at first many won't know if they have had it or not and will just show symptoms and will say they have had it due to that.

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

love this bit . . .

But, as the University of Cambridge's Professor Ross Anderson wrote, allowing people to self-report that they are showing COVID-19 symptoms could encourage them to abuse the system by making false reports.

"Anyone who's worked on abuse will instantly realise that a voluntary app operated by anonymous actors is wide open to trolling," said Professor Anderson.

"The performance art people will tie a phone to a dog and let it run around the park; the Russians will use the app to run service-denial attacks and spread panic; and little Johnny will self-report symptoms to get the whole school sent home."

I chose my apps very carefully

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

If they release one then I will download it... if it means some freedom back

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

for it to work every man woman and child will need a sart fone.christ i know loads who dont even have a landline let alone a mobile.and inow plenty who have fones with no camera on let alone access to the internet on it i myself dont always take fone out with me if i dont wana be tracked down

borehamwood

also dosent the gps need to be switched on? mibe is purposley turned off.

This could throw up interesting dilemmas for meets couldn't it. Lets say this app uses the Blue tooth option which means your phone needs to be close to another phone that has the app with the blue tooth switched on.

What would you do if you got a warning as they came up to your front door. Will it work so quickly or will it have to be after 5, 10 or say 15 mins. Awwww life is going to get so much more complicated. Fed up already

"This could throw up interesting dilemmas for meets couldn't it. Lets say this app uses the Blue tooth option which means your phone needs to be close to another phone that has the app with the blue tooth switched on.

What would you do if you got a warning as they came up to your front door. Will it work so quickly or will it have to be after 5, 10 or say 15 mins. Awwww life is going to get so much more complicated. Fed up already "

If it's immediate you could wave phones at each other and see if they send a warning to each other LOL. It would be like 2 phones kissing. ahhhhhhhhhh how romantic.

We are cracking as a nation at IT

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Better to rely on getting the infection rate r low, below 1, with comprehensive testing of everybody and tracing contacts - isolating all of the infected.

Apps would need to be installed, phones charged and settings on for 80% of the population at all times. The government is preparing procurement of 30 million iPhone 11 maxs as we speak. They will be delivered before hospital PPE to those without smartphones, is the type of thought process from Johnsons government.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

The article is complete and utter bullshit

the wetlands

Hit send too quickly

The option to "self report" will not send messages to everyone you have been in contact with

It will be a very sophisticated app which will be part of a complete package if measures including surveillance and testing

If course you can resort to the Tim foil hat

People call for bigger fines for breaking lockdown

I'd issue fines of 6 months salary or remove benefits for 3 months to anyone caught fraudulentlt using the app

"Hit send too quickly

The option to "self report" will not send messages to everyone you have been in contact with

It will be a very sophisticated app which will be part of a complete package if measures including surveillance and testing

I'd issue fines of 6 months salary or remove benefits for 3 months to anyone caught fraudulentlt using the app

"

That sounds a bit big brother to me.

Or its the new world order where government's can track and control you and you have to buy the technology for them to do it brilliant .

I regularly go out without my phone when lockdown wasn’t in place sure not everyone carries a phone with them all the time.

"Hit send too quickly

Or its the new world order where government's can track and control you and you have to buy the technology for them to do it brilliant ."

1984 was supposed to be a work of fiction and not an instruction manual for global governance. I certainly will not download any app of any kind asking me to inform the interweb about how I'm feeling on a daily basis

"Hit send too quickly

Or its the new world order where government's can track and control you and you have to buy the technology for them to do it brilliant .

1984 was supposed to be a work of fiction and not an instruction manual for global governance. I certainly will not download any app of any kind asking me to inform the interweb about how I'm feeling on a daily basis "

This

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Why can't we use one that's been developed and proven by another country, for example Australia? Why do we have to wait another two weeks while we develop one which 'ahem' may have teething problems "
Not sure about Australia but the one used in the far east is much better apparently but europe cant use that one as it infringes eu data protection rules i saw on france24 yesterday.

the wetlands

"Hit send too quickly

1984 was supposed to be a work of fiction and not an instruction manual for global governance. I certainly will not download any app of any kind asking me to inform the interweb about how I'm feeling on a daily basis "

Stay at home then nobody will mind

borehamwood

governents in this country have a track record for fucking tech up.look at all the computer systems theve payed hundreds of millions for that never seem to work like there supposed to and allways end up costing double what there supposed to and always deliverd late and u expect them to have something like this up and running in a matter of weeks.and as for protecting peoples data goverments in this country also have track record of fucking that up to

All they need to do is contact all the people who have Alexa...they will be up for it

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

All sounds very ambitious for public sector IT, they have a poor track record and this is beyond anything they’ve done before and has major technology, design and adoption challenges.

Sounds more like hype and PR than reality tbh

Dubai

"governents in this country have a track record for fucking tech up.look at all the computer systems theve payed hundreds of millions for that never seem to work like there supposed to and allways end up costing double what there supposed to and always deliverd late and u expect them to have something like this up and running in a matter of weeks.and as for protecting peoples data goverments in this country also have track record of fucking that up to"

Yes it’s scary how incompetent they actually are at both tech and tech procurement and how much gets covered up, which means they never learn or improve.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No smartphone no apps

the wetlands

"governents in this country have a track record for fucking tech up.look at all the computer systems theve payed hundreds of millions for that never seem to work like there supposed to and allways end up costing double what there supposed to and always deliverd late and u expect them to have something like this up and running in a matter of weeks.and as for protecting peoples data goverments in this country also have track record of fucking that up to

Yes it’s scary how incompetent they actually are at both tech and tech procurement and how much gets covered up, which means they never learn or improve."

Probably why they are leaving it to Google and Apple

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

This kind of contact tracing will never wrok in the eu

The program requires an 80% uptake in the population to be effective to start with

And unlike Asia where smartphone use is ubiquitous with all parts of daily life from commuting to shopping

Or communist countries where smartphone use is mandated and requires you to publish your ID to the state to buy one like China does.

The culture is entirely different even between Eu countries.

The boat has sailed on contact tracing.

You can put the genie back in the bottle now without massive data privacy infringement

Que the corona conspiracies replies to this in....

3 2 1

Dubai

Does it need 80% uptake to work ? Could it work in networks of people that choose to use like in a global company of 20k staff ? Or an extended family? or communities that require it in restaurants/bars ? You might be able to limit interactions. If you don't use public transport or go to large gatherings you probably only interact with a few hundred people

Leicester / London

That's a fair point.

It would work within the community of let's say the 20k you suggested. was gated and didn't expose itself to the rest of the world.

But as soon as that 20k is exposed to the rest of the world unless they are retested who knows if they would bring it back to the group.

The time to mitigated against this was at the start.

And whatever your opinions are, the fact is most the world for various reason did not act fast enough.

Specifically around contact tracing.

I said weeks ago this was coming. Want to cash in your 3 pints a week? You will need an app to do it.

France is determined to take a centralised approach, in which phones would feed data to a government-owned central data repository. This would give the government the power to track individuals that may be infected with the virus and, potentially, force them to stay at home, be tested or just trace their whereabouts.

the wetlands

"I said weeks ago this was coming. Want to cash in your 3 pints a week? You will need an app to do it.

France is determined to take a centralised approach, in which phones would feed data to a government-owned central data repository. This would give the government the power to track individuals that may be infected with the virus and, potentially, force them to stay at home, be tested or just trace their whereabouts."

Good

Leicester / London

"I said weeks ago this was coming. Want to cash in your 3 pints a week? You will need an app to do it.

France is determined to take a centralised approach, in which phones would feed data to a government-owned central data repository. This would give the government the power to track individuals that may be infected with the virus and, potentially, force them to stay at home, be tested or just trace their whereabouts."

The logically answer would have been to round those at risk at that start and actually use the capicty in those make shift hospitals like China did

Quarantining those at risk makes a lot more sense that imprisoning an entire population to save those at rism

» Add a new message to this topic