FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 3 pints

3 pints

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yn drwg OP   Man  over a year ago

Camarthen

There are ideas that pubs would be restricted to 3 pints per customer when they re open not sure how this would work as it's a perfect excuse for a pub crawl!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Be fine for town pubs but not ideal for out of town local boozers. Knowing the clientele in my local it's hardly be worth their while going.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There are ideas that pubs would be restricted to 3 pints per customer when they re open not sure how this would work as it's a perfect excuse for a pub crawl! "

It's amazing how many pints some people can down. If they were to drink the same amount but of water, they'd probably feel sick

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I.dont know how this would be enforced or monitored. Also would this be a total of 3 pints or 3 pints per pub? And is there a time limit they need to be d*unk in, could a person make more than one visit to the pub in order to drink their allocation?

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

3 pints....that really would be a quick trip to the pub

Hello, yes, I'd like three pints of rum, please.

"There are ideas that pubs would be restricted to 3 pints per customer when they re open not sure how this would work as it's a perfect excuse for a pub crawl! "

Who's idea....yours? Ive not seen this in any media...not even fake news.

Either way it is nothing to do with how much anyone drinks....more to do with social distancing surely?

By *yn drwg OP   Man  over a year ago

Camarthen

"There are ideas that pubs would be restricted to 3 pints per customer when they re open not sure how this would work as it's a perfect excuse for a pub crawl!

Who's idea....yours? Ive not seen this in any media...not even fake news.

Either way it is nothing to do with how much anyone drinks....more to do with social distancing surely?"

On whichever search engine you use type 3 pints limit and you will see its an idea some professor is tinkering with advice, Yes it's on the net so could well be fake news most of the news is at the moment, chill out.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Three pints on a busy pub with poor social distancing or give pints in a quiet pub.. ?

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

what if you have 3 pints in 1 pub then go to next pub and have 3 then go back to the other one for 3 more? lol

Chelmsford

Unenforceable

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Think the gist is to stop people spending hours in the pub. Social distancing would still be applied but they couldnt sell you more than three drinks x

By *utecontradictionMan  over a year ago

Malvern

As a pub owner I can tell you this is a ridiculous unenforceable idea by a professor who simply wants to get his name in the press. It will not work in village pubs like mine or in city centre large venues. It's certainly not come from the government and I am sure they have dismissed it in the same way that I and others in the industry have.

I must be missing something here.

What difference does the number of pints make? If they're going to reopen, chances of being able to maintain social distancing will be slim.

Or is this idea similar to that of the shops that only allow so many customers at a time and putting a limit on how much one can drink can improve the flow of customers

By *armar61Man  over a year ago

redditch

Impossible to police and a stupid idea....

"Think the gist is to stop people spending hours in the pub. Social distancing would still be applied but they couldnt sell you more than three drinks x "

How would the staff in a large pub know how many pints someone has had and what about when group of people go out and one person orders a round of drinks. Also will there be many pubs that survive after not having any money coming in for so long

Chelmsford

"Impossible to police and a stupid idea...."

Yep..

I will have three pints in 20 mins and some will have three pints in 3 hours.. go figure

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Or maybe it will be linked to the track and trace app

Got the app, three pints

No app, stay at home

What a brilliant idea

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"As a pub owner I can tell you this is a ridiculous unenforceable idea by a professor who simply wants to get his name in the press. It will not work in village pubs like mine or in city centre large venues. It's certainly not come from the government and I am sure they have dismissed it in the same way that I and others in the industry have. "

I hear you but why won't it? I'd like to know your thoughts.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

Two months ago (end of Feb) the idea of a national lockdown was "stupid and unenforceable". The fact that 90% of us are complying shows that "stupid and unenforceable" ideas can suddenly work. If the choice is opening pubs in the summer with some sort of restrictions or the winter without, I think many of us would go for the former.

"Two months ago (end of Feb) the idea of a national lockdown was "stupid and unenforceable". The fact that 90% of us are complying shows that "stupid and unenforceable" ideas can suddenly work. If the choice is opening pubs in the summer with some sort of restrictions or the winter without, I think many of us would go for the former."

As a bar owner, I'd rather open later without restrictions. Contrary to popular belief, we don't run a charity so opening with limited custom is pointless and an excuse for the government to not give any more support to stop businesses like mine from ceasing to exist.

Look like.a good old Pub crawl in that case

By *linkyMalinkyWoman  over a year ago

South Somerset

I’m happy with it. 3 pints is my limit anyway

By *utecontradictionMan  over a year ago

Malvern

"Two months ago (end of Feb) the idea of a national lockdown was "stupid and unenforceable". The fact that 90% of us are complying shows that "stupid and unenforceable" ideas can suddenly work. If the choice is opening pubs in the summer with some sort of restrictions or the winter without, I think many of us would go for the former.

As a bar owner, I'd rather open later without restrictions. Contrary to popular belief, we don't run a charity so opening with limited custom is pointless and an excuse for the government to not give any more support to stop businesses like mine from ceasing to exist. "

Exactly. Opening with restrictions will result in an end to support. I have been paying all our staff 100% of their wages and will continue to do all I can to not pay anyone off...with or without government support. We have a responsibility to the staff that helped build the business. My wage bill is around 400k per year and if we are told we can open with restrictions the pub will be pretty empty with almost full running costs. It will kill many privately owned pubs like ours. I also don't believe any restrictions could keep our staff safe. You come to the pub for the social element and escapism from every day life. Seeing staff serve your food or drink to a table two metres away in full PPE so that you can go and collect it will ruin the experience. But that's just my thought .

They’re saying pubs gonna be last to open but I need the bloody pub first

"Two months ago (end of Feb) the idea of a national lockdown was "stupid and unenforceable". The fact that 90% of us are complying shows that "stupid and unenforceable" ideas can suddenly work. If the choice is opening pubs in the summer with some sort of restrictions or the winter without, I think many of us would go for the former.

As a bar owner, I'd rather open later without restrictions. Contrary to popular belief, we don't run a charity so opening with limited custom is pointless and an excuse for the government to not give any more support to stop businesses like mine from ceasing to exist.

Exactly. Opening with restrictions will result in an end to support. I have been paying all our staff 100% of their wages and will continue to do all I can to not pay anyone off...with or without government support. We have a responsibility to the staff that helped build the business. My wage bill is around 400k per year and if we are told we can open with restrictions the pub will be pretty empty with almost full running costs. It will kill many privately owned pubs like ours. I also don't believe any restrictions could keep our staff safe. You come to the pub for the social element and escapism from every day life. Seeing staff serve your food or drink to a table two metres away in full PPE so that you can go and collect it will ruin the experience. But that's just my thought ."

Completely agree with you. We are in a very unfortunate position with no light at the end of the tunnel right now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Order drinks on an app and get them at the pick up point? Potentially sit isolated in the beer garden or indoors, with fewer tables laid out.

Pubs are pouring beer down the drain, which is tragic.

Weatherspoon is planning to open in June, subject to laws permitting.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think what you are more likely to see are pubs working.... but at a reduced capacity... i wouldn't be surprised if you were looking at somewhere between 25-50% capacity like restuarants...

no lingering at the bar... everyone having to sit down at tables, socially spacing distanced apart.......

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"i think what you are more likely to see are pubs working.... but at a reduced capacity... i wouldn't be surprised if you were looking at somewhere between 25-50% capacity like restuarants...

no lingering at the bar... everyone having to sit down at tables, socially spacing distanced apart......."

Mike Graham on Talkradio, who I normally like, keeps going on about reopening pubs with social distancing. However thirsty you are, what is the point of that? Pubs should be the among last places to reopen.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"i think what you are more likely to see are pubs working.... but at a reduced capacity... i wouldn't be surprised if you were looking at somewhere between 25-50% capacity like restuarants...

no lingering at the bar... everyone having to sit down at tables, socially spacing distanced apart.......

Mike Graham on Talkradio, who I normally like, keeps going on about reopening pubs with social distancing. However thirsty you are, what is the point of that? Pubs should be the among last places to reopen."

I think the answer to that is going to be "well something is going to be better than nothing!"......

again it just gets people adjusting to the new normal.... and in a weird way actually i bet more people would end up drinking locally than to go to big city centre pubs.....

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

We could introduce limited pub opening hours, possibly 12-3 and 7-11

Make people sit at tables alone reading a paper with their dog

Introduce a couple's only room where they can maintain social distancing by sitting at separate tables not chatting, possibly call it a snug

Maybe a new system where a bell is rang to inform the customer that the pub is about to close

Ahhhhhhh....

By *xyBs2022Couple  over a year ago

Lancs

I think to toilet facilities will probably end up dictating it, getting served at tables would help distancing but sooner or later ppl gonna need the loo, you’ve got the whole queuing washing hands and passing close by to ppl, smaller pubs won’t have enough facilities to do this.

"Order drinks on an app and get them at the pick up point? Potentially sit isolated in the beer garden or indoors, with fewer tables laid out.

Weatherspoon is planning to open in June, subject to laws permitting. "

I honestly believe that there is about as much chance of Timmy boy opening his pubs in June, as there is of me going from an A cup to a DD overnight.

"Order drinks on an app and get them at the pick up point? Potentially sit isolated in the beer garden or indoors, with fewer tables laid out.

Weatherspoon is planning to open in June, subject to laws permitting.

I honestly believe that there is about as much chance of Timmy boy opening his pubs in June, as there is of me going from an A cup to a DD overnight. "

Agreed - it ain't gonna happen, JDW opening in June that is!

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

Pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants are going to be amongst the last places to open once lockdown and social distancing disappears.

Good luck with your three pints lol

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

And when it does happen I hope people remember the hairy testicle's attitude to looking after his staff and safeguarding the public.

» Add a new message to this topic