FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sage advice on lockdown

Sage advice on lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

From a report in Bloomberg, apparently Dominic Cummings pushed for the lockdown to come earlier than the SAGE scientists.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-28/top-aide-to-u-k-s-johnson-pushed-scientists-to-back-lockdown

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"From a report in Bloomberg, apparently Dominic Cummings pushed for the lockdown to come earlier than the SAGE scientists.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-28/top-aide-to-u-k-s-johnson-pushed-scientists-to-back-lockdown"

So is this one media outlet you do trust??

"From a report in Bloomberg, apparently Dominic Cummings pushed for the lockdown to come earlier than the SAGE scientists.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-28/top-aide-to-u-k-s-johnson-pushed-scientists-to-back-lockdown

So is this one media outlet you do trust??"

Not commenting on the actual article?

Not commenting on the actual article?"

Well, it says what you want it to say, it must be a good source...

Not commenting on the actual article?

Well, it says what you want it to say, it must be a good source..."

So that’s a no then?

So, it's ok to believe this one, but not The Guardian one that said scientists were not altogether comfortable with his input.... interesting.

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"... Dominic Cummings... "

Who?

Or David Davis?

"So, it's ok to believe this one, but not The Guardian one that said scientists were not altogether comfortable with his input.... interesting. "

Oh no. This one also says they weren’t comfortable with his input.... just now he’s been slagged off for trying to push for an earlier lockdown whereas before he was being slagged for supposedly pushing to delay lockdown.

And I’ve never said I didn’t believe the Guardian. I would be grateful if you could find a post where I have.

Now talking of the guardian. You regularly post links to it. You didn’t post the one regarding PPE shortages in Europe. Why?

"So, it's ok to believe this one, but not The Guardian one that said scientists were not altogether comfortable with his input.... interesting.

Oh no. This one also says they weren’t comfortable with his input.... just now he’s been slagged off for trying to push for an earlier lockdown whereas before he was being slagged for supposedly pushing to delay lockdown.

And I’ve never said I didn’t believe the Guardian. I would be grateful if you could find a post where I have.

Now talking of the guardian. You regularly post links to it. You didn’t post the one regarding PPE shortages in Europe. Why?"

Regularly? You flatter me. Regularly is slightly over egging the pudding. I'm still working, don't have time to be across everything on here. God knows, I'm accused of posting here too much.

"So, it's ok to believe this one, but not The Guardian one that said scientists were not altogether comfortable with his input.... interesting.

Now talking of the guardian. You regularly post links to it. You didn’t post the one regarding PPE shortages in Europe. Why?

Regularly? You flatter me. Regularly is slightly over egging the pudding. I'm still working, don't have time to be across everything on here. God knows, I'm accused of posting here too much.

"

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I'm confused..last week he apparently had no input at all and the bbc,guardian etc were shit stirring?

"I'm confused..last week he apparently had no input at all and the bbc,guardian etc were shit stirring?"

You’re not the only one. Last week Cummings was the devil incarnate for trying to get scientists to delay lockdown. Now it seems as though he pushed for the scientists to bring lockdown forward. Weren’t you arguing that the government should have locked down earlier?

Oh well, Cummings and you seem to have been singing off the same song sheet

liverpool

"I'm confused..last week he apparently had no input at all and the bbc,guardian etc were shit stirring?

You’re not the only one. Last week Cummings was the devil incarnate for trying to get scientists to delay lockdown. Now it seems as though he pushed for the scientists to bring lockdown forward. Weren’t you arguing that the government should have locked down earlier?

Oh well, Cummings and you seem to have been singing off the same song sheet "

Well Its clear someone is telling big fuck off lies.

"I'm confused..last week he apparently had no input at all and the bbc,guardian etc were shit stirring?

Well Its clear someone is telling big fuck off lies."

In all fairness, I’m not sure that any media outlet explicitly said that Cummings has tried to delay lockdown, only that he had been there and influenced decisions. Bloomberg carried on the theme that he has been there and influenced the discussion. The main thrust of Bloomberg was also that he shouldn’t have been there. However in the article, the two complaining said he had pushed for faster and tougher lockdown.

This forum and others assumed the opposite and berated him for it.

liverpool

In all fairness, I’m not sure that any media outlet explicitly said that Cummings has tried to delay lockdown, only that he had been there and influenced decisions. Bloomberg carried on the theme that he has been there and influenced the discussion. The main thrust of Bloomberg was also that he shouldn’t have been there. However in the article, the two complaining said he had pushed for faster and tougher lockdown.

This forum and others assumed the opposite and berated him for it. "

Wasnt it more to do with the fact that he had actually been invited?

The initial allegation was that he favoured herd immunity and the cost of a few old people dying was worth it.

Where would we be without spin doctors?

If cummings did indeed push for an earlier lockdown, then I would commend him for that. It does however, seem very convenient that all of a sudden it's the scientific advisors who were guilty of being too slow to react and not the government or the prime ministers senior advisor.

I remain to be convinced.

The initial allegation was that he favoured herd immunity and the cost of a few old people dying was worth it.

Where would we be without spin doctors?"

The fact he was there is still a bone of contention. To a certain degree, I agree with that.

However, my point being that social media was calling him all sorts that perhaps he was not.

I think I’m tired of people treating the politics of this like it’s a football match. Players either red or blue. At the end of that day, I do think most are actually trying to do there best, whatever party they come from.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"If cummings did indeed push for an earlier lockdown, then I would commend him for that. It does however, seem very convenient that all of a sudden it's the scientific advisors who were guilty of being too slow to react and not the government or the prime ministers senior advisor.

I remain to be convinced."

The other part to this is that despite what a government advisor was pushing for, the government went with the recommendations of the expert scientists. This would be in line with they have always maintained from the start .

"If cummings did indeed push for an earlier lockdown, then I would commend him for that. It does however, seem very convenient that all of a sudden it's the scientific advisors who were guilty of being too slow to react and not the government or the prime ministers senior advisor.

The other part to this is that despite what a government advisor was pushing for, the government went with the recommendations of the expert scientists. This would be in line with they have always maintained from the start .

"

I concur. I have an open mind on this topic, but I would prefer to see more evidence before I make a decision on what to believe. The problem I have is that the government aren't particularly renowned for being honest and open about things.

liverpool

Where would we be without spin doctors?

The fact he was there is still a bone of contention. To a certain degree, I agree with that.

However, my point being that social media was calling him all sorts that perhaps he was not.

I think I’m tired of people treating the politics of this like it’s a football match. Players either red or blue. At the end of that day, I do think most are actually trying to do there best, whatever party they come from. "

Some are.

Some are more concerned with coming out of smelling of roses.

They have an entire pr team there who I'm guessing are not sitting at home doing fuck all.

liverpool

"

The piece in the times said the scientists were the ones pushing for an earlier lockdown

So like I said someone is lying.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I concur. I have an open mind on this topic, but I would prefer to see more evidence before I make a decision on what to believe. The problem I have is that the government aren't particularly renowned for being honest and open about things."

I agree, and I am also open to any new information that comes forward.

Critical analysis of the facts at a later stage will be an important exercise.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-28/top-aide-to-u-k-s-johnson-pushed-scientists-to-back-lockdown"

I heard this well done Cummins a bit of sense in all of this

The piece in the times said the scientists were the ones pushing for an earlier lockdown

So like I said someone is lying."

The times article written before minutes were released = speculation.

Bloomberg after minutes released so evidence based.

Judge for yourself.....

» Add a new message to this topic