FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid19 Contact Tracing App

Covid19 Contact Tracing App

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dd269 OP   Man  over a year ago

Clee

A low ownership of smartphones would be a serious restriction on the use of a contact-tracing App. But a much larger proportion of the UK population owns a smartphone than I thought previously (My thinking was about 10 years out of date - I had thought about 30-40% of pop now owned one)

However this report from Deloitte puts the figure at 90% of UK people aged under 54 years:

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/technology-media-and-telecommunications/articles/mobile-consumer.html

The risk of Big-Brother is being discussed in Govt at the moment. It is thought the public perception of the government is very low. Likewise no-one here quite trusts Google or Apple.

Discussion centres on whether the systems should be centralised or de-centralised.

It is believed that not having to enter your real name may help with privacy concerns.

The Govt believes associating the App with the NHS, rather than the “Government” or a Private Company would probably help with privacy concerns.

Everyone here trusts the NHS (it seems)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A low ownership of smartphones would be a serious restriction on the use of a contact-tracing App. But a much larger proportion of the UK population owns a smartphone than I thought previously (My thinking was about 10 years out of date - I had thought about 30-40% of pop now owned one)

However this report from Deloitte puts the figure at 90% of UK people aged under 54 years:

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/technology-media-and-telecommunications/articles/mobile-consumer.html

The risk of Big-Brother is being discussed in Govt at the moment. It is thought the public perception of the government is very low. Likewise no-one here quite trusts Google or Apple.

Discussion centres on whether the systems should be centralised or de-centralised.

It is believed that not having to enter your real name may help with privacy concerns.

The Govt believes associating the App with the NHS, rather than the “Government” or a Private Company would probably help with privacy concerns.

Everyone here trusts the NHS (it seems)"

I for one don’t take my phone out when i walk the dog or go to the supermarket so can’t see how tracking app would work unless everyone carries a phone all the time

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic