FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Self employed gov payment

Self employed gov payment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heLaserGuy OP   Man  over a year ago

Coventry

Has the government started contacting the self employed regarding payment yet?

I'm self employed and haven't heard a peep, checked the gov website and it says to wait for them to contact me.

I'm asking if any of the self employed on here have been contacted or have any info.

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

No, not yet. Now they've got the paye pary out of the way, they'll start on us.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

( Mr) apparently the letter should land on our door mats sometime in May & payment made in June . That’s what my account has informed me

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

We've found we van't claim it due to a tecnicality. Typical of this government, announce a grant then make sure no-one can get it.

Grantham

Yes, you will be invited to apply. If you don't get an invite, then your circumstances mean that you arent eligible.

Grantham

"We've found we van't claim it due to a tecnicality. Typical of this government, announce a grant then make sure no-one can get it."

Why can't you claim?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

What’s the plan ? Will it be done using the data in Gateway ? A refund would be nice

Grantham

"What’s the plan ? Will it be done using the data in Gateway ? A refund would be nice "

They will look at your last 3 years tax returns. I believe its all being done online, so wait for the email from them.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I haven't heard anything yet

Coventry

The only contact I've had was to get the 2019-2020 accounts in, ve done this and I've already had my tax bill to be paid by Jan 31st next year.

Was just concerned as we're in May now and payment hopefully should arrive in four odd weeks.

Coventry

"We've found we van't claim it due to a tecnicality. Typical of this government, announce a grant then make sure no-one can get it."

So you've had contact from them ? Id have expected to hear from them by now, What was the technicality ?

"Has the government started contacting the self employed regarding payment yet?

I'm self employed and haven't heard a peep, checked the gov website and it says to wait for them to contact me.

I'm asking if any of the self employed on here have been contacted or have any info.

Thanks in advance "

in regard to universal credit yes they phoned me

Not a peep

Coventry

Thanks in advance in regard to universal credit yes they phoned me "

I've sorted the U.credit out, it's the 80% wage payment based on past earnings I'm concerned about.

Dubai / Nottingham

"The only contact I've had was to get the 2019-2020 accounts in, ve done this and I've already had my tax bill to be paid by Jan 31st next year.

Was just concerned as we're in May now and payment hopefully should arrive in four odd weeks. "

Fuck you are fast well done. I like to wait & spoil Christmas next year like everyone else

Grantham

I had the initial email last month.

Tells you to wait until they contact you.

Dubai / Nottingham

Thanks in advance in regard to universal credit yes they phoned me

I've sorted the U.credit out, it's the 80% wage payment based on past earnings I'm concerned about."

Is that what they are offering ? Surely wage payment is done via furlough ? If you pay yourself a wage you are an employee of your company , not self employed. I thought we were just getting some tax back based on last 3years Gateway figures

Coventry

"The only contact I've had was to get the 2019-2020 accounts in, ve done this and I've already had my tax bill to be paid by Jan 31st next year.

Was just concerned as we're in May now and payment hopefully should arrive in four odd weeks.

Fuck you are fast well done. I like to wait & spoil Christmas next year like everyone else "

I do my own accounts, and only found out a few years ago that smart phones can read excel pages.

When i started I designed an excell template for the years figures and updated periodically which was always a headache transposing from the diary etc.

I emailed the template to my phone and update it daily with earnings and expenses as I go.

Was so easy, every month I send the up to date accounts to pc to update.

Accounts are always up to the minute- anything to make things easier.

Coventry

I've sorted the U.credit out, it's the 80% wage payment based on past earnings I'm concerned about.

Is that what they are offering ? Surely wage payment is done via furlough ? If you pay yourself a wage you are an employee of your company , not self employed. I thought we were just getting some tax back based on last 3years Gateway figures "

They are taking your net earnings (profit) over the last 3 year's and taking an average, you should get 80% of that per month of non work due to lockdown. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understood it

Grantham

That's how I understand it. But you will be paid in one lump sum for the three months.

Is that what they are offering ? Surely wage payment is done via furlough ? If you pay yourself a wage you are an employee of your company , not self employed. I thought we were just getting some tax back based on last 3years Gateway figures

They are taking your net earnings (profit) over the last 3 year's and taking an average, you should get 80% of that per month of non work due to lockdown. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understood it"

No that’s right. Lots of people fiddle books so won’t work as good for them. But better than nothing hey.

By *winkleFairyCouple  over a year ago

Scotland

I've sorted the U.credit out, it's the 80% wage payment based on past earnings I'm concerned about."

If you are a director of a limited company and paying yourself a wage via PAYE you need to furlough yourself to get the 80%

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

Yes that's correct but it will be a lump sum rather than monthly payments

They are taking your net earnings (profit) over the last 3 year's and taking an average, you should get 80% of that per month of non work due to lockdown. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understood it"

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

Fuck you are fast well done. I like to wait & spoil Christmas next year like everyone else "

same here

Yes that's correct

and yes, we should get the money in June sometime

but no... not been contacted by hmrc yet here either lol.

Probably won't be soon as they'll still be dealing with the furlough workers.

Dubai / Nottingham

Fuck you are fast well done. I like to wait & spoil Christmas next year like everyone else

I do my own accounts, and only found out a few years ago that smart phones can read excel pages.

When i started I designed an excell template for the years figures and updated periodically which was always a headache transposing from the diary etc.

I emailed the template to my phone and update it daily with earnings and expenses as I go.

Was so easy, every month I send the up to date accounts to pc to update.

Accounts are always up to the minute- anything to make things easier.

"

Have a look at Zero, it’s much easier than that does an automatic bank reconciliation for you. I stay on top of accounts but tax return is always on the last day !!!!

Dubai / Nottingham

Xero not Zero, pronounced Zero....

By *ondon-guy68Man  over a year ago

London

Nope and don’t expect to be due to the current criteria but hope that changes, doubtful though.

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

my hubby is self employed

apparently hmrc will start contacting anyone that is elegible mid may with payments made first 2 weeks of june

Only been self employed six months so know I can’t claim anything. Bad timing

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We haven't heard anything yet but didn't expect to until at least late May/early June. Payments aren't being made until June.

By *aridon1Couple  over a year ago

6 miles from salisbury

No I havnt heard anything. But the accountant said they will contact me. But payments won't be paid till sometime in June.

"Xero not Zero, pronounced Zero...."

Thumbs on Xero.

I personally use ZohoBooks which is a lot cheaper

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

If you are a director of a limited company and paying yourself a wage via PAYE you need to furlough yourself to get the 80% "

If you are a small ltd company in Wales and you employ between 1 and 9 employees and your turnover is down by 40% or more there is a grant of up to £10,000 available

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

There's a lot of us who are going to fall between the cracks and not be eligible for any help. That's sadly just the way it is.

If you are a director of a limited company and paying yourself a wage via PAYE you need to furlough yourself to get the 80%

If you are a small ltd company in Wales and you employ between 1 and 9 employees and your turnover is down by 40% or more there is a grant of up to £10,000 available"

Funny isn’t it, just horses for courses here. My ex is a director of a LTD company, and for years child support can’t touch him as he says he earns £120 a week (but drives a Mercedes and lives in a 5 bed detached house) anyway he has gave me £30 a week because “apparently “ he is on a low wage.

So now this has come into place his “LTD” company will pay him a wage ? Seriously? He gives me like £130 a month!!! For 2 children but goes to Ibiza Dubai l Las Vegas, but he can claim?? Makes me sick. I work my arse off and people like him get away with not only fiddling the tax system but giving his kids fook all

If you are a small ltd company in Wales and you employ between 1 and 9 employees and your turnover is down by 40% or more there is a grant of up to £10,000 available

Funny isn’t it, just horses for courses here. My ex is a director of a LTD company, and for years child support can’t touch him as he says he earns £120 a week (but drives a Mercedes and lives in a 5 bed detached house) anyway he has gave me £30 a week because “apparently “ he is on a low wage.

So now this has come into place his “LTD” company will pay him a wage ? Seriously? He gives me like £130 a month!!! For 2 children but goes to Ibiza Dubai l Las Vegas, but he can claim?? Makes me sick. I work my arse off and people like him get away with not only fiddling the tax system but giving his kids fook all"

Totally sorry to hear that!!! Feel for you! My dad was just the same! It's all about themselves so f-----g selfish! Don't have kids if you want love and support them!!! I'm separated from my ex, but totally support my kids! There my life!

Not heard anything yet

By *osie xWoman  over a year ago

wolverhampton

The grants process has been passed to your local councils to implement.

Some are faster than others so everyone won’t receive it at the same time sadly.

If a director has been stating a low amount for child support but obviously has received more, chances are he has received dividends rather than a wage. The government help does not account for dividends so he will now receive help based on the £130. If he now defers back to wages during this period you should receive the correct percentage through DOE. If not after lockdown ask the child support office to reassess.

If you are simply self-employed then HMRC will contact you mid May. They look at average earnings for 3 years up to 2018-19. If you don't have three years then 2018-19 only can be used (or last 2 years if you have them). You will get 80% non-repayable grant based on this as long as earnings from self-employment are 50% or more of income.

If you are Ltd company and take PAYE then furlough yourself and apply that way.

If you mostly pay yourself through dividends (so pay less tax) this amount does not count.

Very simple explanation on HMRC / gov.co.uk site.

Hope that's clear for everyone.

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

There are a number of different schemes, so anyone worried they have slipped through the cracks, it’s worth more investigation.

The main scheme has already been covered by posters. Don’t worry if you don’t have 2019/20 tax in yet, it’s the 18/19 tax (as a minimum, and still trading this year) that’s the essential criteria.

For Scotland there is the Newly Self Employed Hardship fund; which is pretty self explanatory for anyone (in Scotland) recently self employed.

For those who are self employed but don’t have premises (ie work from home) a new scheme launched on Thursday to help businesses. This would be suitable if you’re a gardener, roofer, mobile hairdresser.

There’s the Business Bounceback loan which doesn’t have to be paid back for the first 12 months and is guaranteed by the government.

There may be other grants available depending on your UK region. So it’s always worth checking with your business enterprise agency, ACAS, your local CAB or the.Gov website - which has a simple calculator to see if you might qualify for something

Grantham

Self Employed invitation emails from HMRC, are getting sent out from tonight.

If you qualify, then look out for yours.

Coventry

"Self Employed invitation emails from HMRC, are getting sent out from tonight.

If you qualify, then look out for yours. "

Bloody hell...hope my box goes ping then

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

New business...just doing first years accounts ....so getting fuck all ....and as a new business need some help ...shit barstards....

"New business...just doing first years accounts ....so getting fuck all ....and as a new business need some help ...shit barstards...."

In same place only been self employed six months have worked ever since I was 16 never claimed a penny and now I need it not there for us.

By *rsmandmrgCouple  over a year ago

stafford

Yes they have , I done a 45 minute online seminar this afternoon, explaining how to claim and when we will get paid

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

My son received notification today that he's eligible to apply

Grantham

Claiming process starts on 13th May, and money paid from May 25th.

Well done Jim Harra and his staff. Two weeks ahead of schedule.

Thanks for the updates _ercury and everyone else,

been some helpful and informative posts on this thread, great to see

"Self Employed invitation emails from HMRC, are getting sent out from tonight.

If you qualify, then look out for yours.

Bloody hell...hope my box goes ping then "

Already got mine earlier today....

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"If you are simply self-employed then HMRC will contact you mid May. They look at average earnings for 3 years up to 2018-19. If you don't have three years then 2018-19 only can be used (or last 2 years if you have them). You will get 80% non-repayable grant based on this as long as earnings from self-employment are 50% or more of income.

If you are Ltd company and take PAYE then furlough yourself and apply that way.

If you mostly pay yourself through dividends (so pay less tax) this amount does not count.

Very simple explanation on HMRC / gov.co.uk site.

Hope that's clear for everyone."

What he said.

I’m self employed, I looked into it, just got to wait a bit longer, it’ll be fine.

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

[Removed by poster at 05/05/20 00:25:33]

[Removed by poster at 05/05/20 00:27:36]

I'm a self employed multi trade and my mate forwarded a link to hmrc website. There i had to get a gateway code and submit various details...utr number and other bits and pieces. Once i submited it i was told that i can claim from 14th may

Mid May Onwards

Possibly directly through your Tax/Self Assessment Account.

Good luck

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"New business...just doing first years accounts ....so getting fuck all ....and as a new business need some help ...shit barstards....

In same place only been self employed six months have worked ever since I was 16 never claimed a penny and now I need it not there for us. "

In Scotland there is the Newly Self Employed scheme for those who started their business since April 2019. As I deal with people and businesses based in Scotland, I can’t say what similar schemes there are, or may come, in other parts of the country but it’s worth keeping an eye on .gov, your local authority website, Citizens Advice and any local enterprise or business start up support agencies for updates.

"New business...just doing first years accounts ....so getting fuck all ....and as a new business need some help ...shit barstards...."

Maybe you’re voting for the wrong party!

"I'm a self employed multi trade and my mate forwarded a link to hmrc website. There i had to get a gateway code and submit various details...utr number and other bits and pieces. Once i submited it i was told that i can claim from 14th may"

I filled mine in too and got a different date to you to apply, so at least they're spreading it out and we won't all be fighting to get on site at same time lol

Coventry

I followed a link that was forwarded from a friend, all's good, I can claim from the 15th may. Huge panic potentially over

"I'm a self employed multi trade and my mate forwarded a link to hmrc website. There i had to get a gateway code and submit various details...utr number and other bits and pieces. Once i submited it i was told that i can claim from 14th may

I filled mine in too and got a different date to you to apply, so at least they're spreading it out and we won't all be fighting to get on site at same time lol "

It's being spread out alphabetically I beleive.

Aaron aardvark gets to go first. Zebedee Zephania goes to back of queue...

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

hubby did his today he is eligible and can claim from the 14th may

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"New business...just doing first years accounts ....so getting fuck all ....and as a new business need some help ...shit barstards....

In same place only been self employed six months have worked ever since I was 16 never claimed a penny and now I need it not there for us. "

I hope you've claimed for universal credit - I think it's available for those not covered by other schemes, good luck

In a Sparkly Dress

"hubby did his today he is eligible and can claim from the 14th may"

I am 14th May as well

Grantham

I believe that the early claimants may see their payment as early as May 21st.

By *seaMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

It always gets my back up at how some men can be so selfish after a split.

When my ex and I decided to split some years back whilst the kids were still young, I continued to provide her a weekly income of £200 p/w and even when the kids were staying with me throughout the summer holidays.

So now this has come into place his “LTD” company will pay him a wage ? Seriously? He gives me like £130 a month!!! For 2 children but goes to Ibiza Dubai l Las Vegas, but he can claim?? Makes me sick. I work my arse off and people like him get away with not only fiddling the tax system but giving his kids fook all"

I should tip the HMRC a wink what he is up to. They might take a very dim view of it. He can't have it both ways. Trouble is you might even lose the £ 30/week. He knows that though and is relying on your silence.

Rather than wait for the Government to do everything, you could do some things for yourself.

This link tells you whether you are eligible and how to claim. You have to claim it yourself, your adviser/accountant is not permitted to do so!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme

Rochester, Kent

Received a letter a few days ago telling me how to register.

Registered, it immediately told me I’m eligible, and I could claim after 12.00 on 13th May.

Claimed on 13th May, it immediately told me the amount I was to be awarded (pretty much the amount I’d anticipated), and it should be paid into my nominated bank account in 5-6 working days.

Couldn’t have been much easier

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Received a letter a few days ago telling me how to register.

Registered, it immediately told me I’m eligible, and I could claim after 12.00 on 13th May.

Claimed on 13th May, it immediately told me the amount I was to be awarded (pretty much the amount I’d anticipated), and it should be paid into my nominated bank account in 5-6 working days.

Couldn’t have been much easier "

In a Sparkly Dress

I've got mine to do tomorrow

Claimed and will get mine in the next 4-6 working days , very easier to do

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I received the £10,000 grant a couple of weeks ago which was a big help. Staff are furloghed and I received my letter HMRC at the weekend. I will claim tomorrow.

I don't expect much as I've spent a lot over the last couple of years so not much in profits

Don't forgot these grants are taxable so you could still have a tax bill to account for.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey

you do have to pay tax on them next financial year,but I not had letter yet so going to contact them directly

"you do have to pay tax on them next financial year,but I not had letter yet so going to contact them directly "

Go online and Google self employment grant. You should be able to apply from there.

By *um and get it.Couple  over a year ago

Spalding

Out of interest, those self employed who were still working as Covid didn't affect their business are they still entitled to claim?

In a Sparkly Dress

"Out of interest, those self employed who were still working as Covid didn't affect their business are they still entitled to claim?"

You have to declare on the form why you cannot work because of covid-19, the same penalties apply as for furlough cheats I believe

By *ackardMan  over a year ago

North West & beyond

"Out of interest, those self employed who were still working as Covid didn't affect their business are they still entitled to claim?

You have to declare on the form why you cannot work because of covid-19, the same penalties apply as for furlough cheats I believe"

I got a text about it from HMRC yesterday. In theory I can still work and my role falls into the keyworker category, but there is just no demand from customers for my services at the moment.

Grantham

"Out of interest, those self employed who were still working as Covid didn't affect their business are they still entitled to claim?

You have to declare on the form why you cannot work because of covid-19, the same penalties apply as for furlough cheats I believe"

No, it's just a tickbox exercise. You can claim for loss of work and profits, even if you had some work.

The problem is that you have no idea when your business customers may get back to full production, if at all.

By *thwiltsmMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Did my claim this morning, couldn’t believe how easy it was!

Fill in NI number, tax number, bank details for payment.

Pay awarded was exactly what I worked it out to be

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

My claim is also in

By *oonloverWoman  over a year ago

bognor regis

"Did my claim this morning, couldn’t believe how easy it was!

Pay awarded was exactly what I worked it out to be "

By *oonloverWoman  over a year ago

bognor regis

Same

By *amille66Woman  over a year ago

Gerrards Cross London

My accountant received a notification to inform him I was eligible on Wednesday, he sent off the necessary information yesterday. HMRC phoned today to say payment will take 3-5 days.

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Done mine easy as pie, just pending payment

"Out of interest, those self employed who were still working as Covid didn't affect their business are they still entitled to claim?"

Apparently yes. It does ask you to state your earnings/profit have been affected...but no checks are done. Could be some abuse there?

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Pay awarded was exactly what I worked it out to be "

Precisely the same for me - very straight forward.

My one concern now, though, is that the grant for the three months (Mar-May) looks like all we'll get. Whilst those who are 'employed' can carry on being supported, the self-employed grants don't seem to be carrying on beyond May... despite the likelihood of business being affected well into the summer and beyond.

Apparently yes. It does ask you to state your earnings/profit have been affected...but no checks are done. Could be some abuse there?"

Furlough claims are being checked by HMRC so we assume these claims will be too. Perhaps when when peoples tax returns are submitted for 2021 tax year end, if profits have increased then claims may be investigated perhaps?

Rochester, Kent

Received my payment today, exactly as promised.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"My accountant received a notification to inform him I was eligible on Wednesday, he sent off the necessary information yesterday. HMRC phoned today to say payment will take 3-5 days. "

I hope your accountant isn't charging you for this as it was a 2 minute, VERY simple exercise!!!! It certainly didn't need an accountant xx

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"My accountant received a notification to inform him I was eligible on Wednesday, he sent off the necessary information yesterday. HMRC phoned today to say payment will take 3-5 days.

I hope your accountant isn't charging you for this as it was a 2 minute, VERY simple exercise!!!! It certainly didn't need an accountant xx"

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Mine was due in my bank tomorrow and it arrived today

I'm not self employed but a micro business ltd company director who works from home as the company's sole employee.

I don't qualify for any payments at all because i have been paid by primarily by dividends. I am one of those "cheeky" people who avoids tax.

If i could furlough i'd be entitled to £110 per week but would have to kill my company.

My wage has dropped to near zero, my business has dried up and my business account is almost now empty. I'm diverting to living off savings and have to inject money into my business to keep it alive for the next few months.

I sent a £2,100 VAT payment to HMRC at the weekend. So, sorry if i don't rejoice for you guys when many of you sound like you're far from struggling and more like you've discovered a new "PPI" Scam.

Coventry

"I'm not self employed but a micro business ltd company director who works from home as the company's sole employee.

I don't qualify for any payments at all because i have been paid by primarily by dividends. I am one of those "cheeky" people who avoids tax.

If i could furlough i'd be entitled to £110 per week but would have to kill my company.

My wage has dropped to near zero, my business has dried up and my business account is almost now empty. I'm diverting to living off savings and have to inject money into my business to keep it alive for the next few months.

I sent a £2,100 VAT payment to HMRC at the weekend. So, sorry if i don't rejoice for you guys when many of you sound like you're far from struggling and more like you've discovered a new "PPI" Scam.

"

You can't moan if your one of the cheeky people that avoids tax

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Yes,money coming into my account this week sometime.

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Pay awarded was exactly what I worked it out to be

Precisely the same for me - very straight forward.

My one concern now, though, is that the grant for the three months (Mar-May) looks like all we'll get. Whilst those who are 'employed' can carry on being supported, the self-employed grants don't seem to be carrying on beyond May... despite the likelihood of business being affected well into the summer and beyond."

Agreed,its seems very unfair,we go without paid holidays sick pay etc but are given a one off bung.

"You can't moan if your one of the cheeky people that avoids tax "

Depends how many taxes you pay. What was your last corporation tax payment?

I love the way that when the shit hits the fan the "i'm alright attitude appears" for those who "assume" others haven't contributed their share.

Big pat on the back to you. My conscience is clear, over 25 years in business i have paid in hundreds of thousands, simply not in the same taxes that you have. That is the ONLY difference.

In a Sparkly Dress

"Mine was due in my bank tomorrow and it arrived today "

Got mine today as well

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

If your in any type of business big or small and self employed you should get financial aid especially if you have been made to stop work through no fault of your own....one way or another we all pay tax and should be compensated accordingly "normal" working folk seem to be helped automatically which is not so fair ...as some self employed have fell through the cracks and been left to stew ..

Coventry

"Mine was due in my bank tomorrow and it arrived today

Got mine today as well "

Mine landed this morning, pressure off for a while

Grantham

Mine was in a day this morning, a day early.

Seems HMRC have decided to "under promise and over deliver". A mantra that other Goverment departments could learn from.

By *ason.Man  over a year ago

west yorkshire

"Mine was due in my bank tomorrow and it arrived today

Got mine today as well "

Mine come through today

By *ewforestguyMan  over a year ago

England

Quick point for those that don't realise, if you are getting universal credit and also claim the grant, you have to declare the grant to UC when you receive it.

"Quick point for those that don't realise, if you are getting universal credit and also claim the grant, you have to declare the grant to UC when you receive it. "

And the grant is also taxable income so remember to include the amount in your 2021 Tax Return.

Coventry

"Quick point for those that don't realise, if you are getting universal credit and also claim the grant, you have to declare the grant to UC when you receive it. "

UC gave me a call to check their payment went in, I explained I'm expecting the gov payment too, they said don't worry about it we talk to one another. I was concerned that I'm being given too much, was told to leave it in their hands

In a Sparkly Dress

Mr Sunak has confirmed we can apply for a second grant in aug which will be the final one, after 100,000 people petitioned and 137 MP's supported us in a letter after boris initially saying no more payments for self employed in his speech

By *pankerleeMan  over a year ago

Southport

It was announced it will be 70% this time. Apply in August and paid in August. Divide the total figure you received by 0.8, that will give you the gross. Then multiply that by 70%, that’s the figure you will receive.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"Quick point for those that don't realise, if you are getting universal credit and also claim the grant, you have to declare the grant to UC when you receive it.

UC gave me a call to check their payment went in, I explained I'm expecting the gov payment too, they said don't worry about it we talk to one another. I was concerned that I'm being given too much, was told to leave it in their hands "

Flipping heck, thats the worst thing you could do is leave it in their hands. They are ruthless.

By *witch69switchCouple  over a year ago

hull

Sorry, iv not read all the comments but...

Im self employed and iv already had my pay out.

I filled in a form online and it said i could claim from X date (cant remember the date.) I applied and was told instantly how much i was entitled to. It was in my bank 4 days later.

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 17:49:18]

"[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 17:49:18]"

Lucky you. I Stopped working before lockdown with the intention to go self employed and I haven't had a penny coming in for over 3 months.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You can claim UC by the looks of it

"You can claim UC by the looks of it"

What is UC?

By *pankerleeMan  over a year ago

Southport

Universal Credit

By *uma69Man  over a year ago

stockport

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 19:08:19]

stockport

"[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 19:08:19]"

Yes I've had mine

Just google self employed income support scheme

Click the check if your eligible button and follow the links

The easiest thing I've done so far with the hmrc

stockport

Just to point out to everyone it is taxable and you will have to pay national insurance on aswell

I've already paid them back 25 % of it so I don't get stung next tax year

Which will more than likely go up anyway to rekindle there money sorry our money !!!

Rochester, Kent

That’s fine with me. I would’ve paid the relevant tax anyway, the payout is still appreciated It wasn’t the UK Government’s fault that the virus hit us. We should be claiming off China really.

More to this than meets the eye, IN MY OPINION.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Our son went on website and received payment within a week

stockport

It's only takes about 5 days for the payment to come through

So you will miss your U/C for that one month....? Then get it again...

By *osforthMan  over a year ago

newcastle on tyne

Yep already had my payment. Was emailed last week of march & again early may. Got my payment 15may.

» Add a new message to this topic