FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Scotland

Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

It has been revealed that there was an outbreak of the virus at a conference in Edinburgh back in February but the public were not made aware of this. I think this is shocking.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

Wee nippy is denying it tho the horrible little weasel.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"It has been revealed that there was an outbreak of the virus at a conference in Edinburgh back in February but the public were not made aware of this. I think this is shocking."

There’s loads that we are not being told.

By *ak777Man  over a year ago

shaw

same in England i don,t trust politicians .

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

The Nike conference - yes

Was reported back at the time, as it resulted in various Nike offices worldwide being closed.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

In my area, over 3,000 letters were issued incorrectly telling people they were in the 'shielded' category when in fact they weren't!

Some were also issued DNR's from their local GP's without even being clear about the reasons behind it!

We are not being as open and honest as others are trying to make out

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

The public were informed at a press conference two days after Health Protection Scotland were initially alerted... what's the big story?

On Monday 2 March, Health Protection Scotland (HPS) were alerted by international public health authorities that one of the 70 delegates at the conference had tested positive for Covid-19 after returning to their home country.

HPS set up an Incident Management Team to ensure all attendees were contacted and given appropriate public health advice including self-isolation and contact tracing.

On Tuesday 3 March HPS were notified that an individual in Scotland connected to the conference had tested positive. Scottish government ministers were informed that same evening.

On Wednesday 4 March, this case was confirmed in a Scottish government press release, in line with standard reporting procedures for confirmed Covid-19 cases at the time.

Glasgowish

"The public were informed at a press conference two days after Health Protection Scotland were initially alerted... what's the big story?

On Monday 2 March, Health Protection Scotland (HPS) were alerted by international public health authorities that one of the 70 delegates at the conference had tested positive for Covid-19 after returning to their home country.

HPS set up an Incident Management Team to ensure all attendees were contacted and given appropriate public health advice including self-isolation and contact tracing.

On Tuesday 3 March HPS were notified that an individual in Scotland connected to the conference had tested positive. Scottish government ministers were informed that same evening.

On Wednesday 4 March, this case was confirmed in a Scottish government press release, in line with standard reporting procedures for confirmed Covid-19 cases at the time."

So why is it headline news today if it was all done correctly. I knew nothing abour this outbreak and in February we were all living life as normal.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The public were informed at a press conference two days after Health Protection Scotland were initially alerted... what's the big story?

On Wednesday 4 March, this case was confirmed in a Scottish government press release, in line with standard reporting procedures for confirmed Covid-19 cases at the time.

So why is it headline news today if it was all done correctly. I knew nothing abour this outbreak and in February we were all living life as normal."

Why do you think it's headline news?

Could it be anything to do with the fact that the first minister is making Boris Johnson look like an incompetent idiot do you think?

Glasgowish

So why is it headline news today if it was all done correctly. I knew nothing abour this outbreak and in February we were all living life as normal.

Could it be anything to do with the fact that the first minister is making Boris Johnson look like an incompetent idiot do you think?"

But people did not know about the outbreak. It should have been headline news back then

here

.... knowing what they did at the time about the Nike conference they allowed the Scotland France 6N game to go ahead a week later? (thankfully the result was good )

There's a suggestion that Nike paid SNP to keep quiet about it...

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

".... knowing what they did at the time about the Nike conference they allowed the Scotland France 6N game to go ahead a week later? (thankfully the result was good )

"

Steady

".... knowing what they did at the time about the Nike conference they allowed the Scotland France 6N game to go ahead a week later? (thankfully the result was good )

"

Of course there is, and where do you think that started?

You keep Johnson and co, and your disgusting press, and we'll stick with the SNP. I know who I trust to do the right thing is this crisis, and it's not the Tories.

here

You keep Johnson and co, and your disgusting press, and we'll stick with the SNP. I know who I trust to do the right thing is this crisis, and it's not the Tories."

As you well know Health in Scotland is a devolved responsibility...

You keep Johnson and co, and your disgusting press, and we'll stick with the SNP. I know who I trust to do the right thing is this crisis, and it's not the Tories.

As you well know Health in Scotland is a devolved responsibility...

Yes, I am aware of that, and thankful for it too.

Sturgeon is getting too many complimentary remarks about her handling of this pandemic, even amongst the English population. The English establishment, government and press won't take too kindly to her showing Johnson up for the lightweight he is, now will they.

"

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It has been revealed that there was an outbreak of the virus at a conference in Edinburgh back in February but the public were not made aware of this. I think this is shocking."
typical of Sturgeon she is starting to show her true colours the Scots will work it out

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

You keep Johnson and co, and your disgusting press, and we'll stick with the SNP. I know who I trust to do the right thing is this crisis, and it's not the Tories."

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"It has been revealed that there was an outbreak of the virus at a conference in Edinburgh back in February but the public were not made aware of this. I think this is shocking.typical of Sturgeon she is starting to show her true colours the Scots will work it out"

On Wednesday 4 March, this case was confirmed in a Scottish government press release, in line with standard reporting procedures for confirmed Covid-19 cases at the time."

Exactly this.... No one noticed because it was a different world at that time.... I was aware of it as I'm sure we're many others, begs the question why raise it now and not at the time?

No story here

There is no story in this. It was reported at the time.

People were too busy declaring it "the flu" and declaring anyone who had concerns as a bonkers idiot.

The mud-slinging toward Nicola Sturgeon has really ramped up in the last few days; the sections of the media doing so must think we're all stupid to not realise that their actions are nothing to do with concern or good reporting and all about political positioning.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"There is no story in this. It was reported at the time.

People were too busy declaring it "the flu" and declaring anyone who had concerns as a bonkers idiot.

The mud-slinging toward Nicola Sturgeon has really ramped up in the last few days; the sections of the media doing so must think we're all stupid to not realise that their actions are nothing to do with concern or good reporting and all about political positioning."

This

"

Any proof ? Course not just a suggestion lol I see westminister dirty tricks brigade fingerprints on this "suggestion"

"There is no story in this. It was reported at the time.

The mud-slinging toward Nicola Sturgeon has really ramped up in the last few days; the sections of the media doing so must think we're all stupid to not realise that their actions are nothing to do with concern or good reporting and all about political positioning."

Yes have to agree trying to damage nicola who has shown up how incompetent our boris is.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

In mid march Boris said UK is open for business,2000 cases in London at the time,packed tubes and buses,and Boris was proudly shaking hands in a hospital and saying.to carry on like normal

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

You all know what to do in the next referendum

Interesting how things that happened weeks ago become front page news at the most convenient times for the government. It’s almost as if they save things up for use at the most advantageous moment.

kildare

"Interesting how things that happened weeks ago become front page news at the most convenient times for the government. It’s almost as if they save things up for use at the most advantageous moment."

A Cummings special

And all while the death toll continues to climb

Could it be anything to do with the fact that the first minister is making Boris Johnson look like an incompetent idiot do you think?

But people did not know about the outbreak. It should have been headline news back then "

This is why following the main stream media is risky. They tell us what they want us to know when they want us to know it. Being true is not a becessary factor. Sadly

here

"Interesting how things that happened weeks ago become front page news at the most convenient times for the government. It’s almost as if they save things up for use at the most advantageous moment.

A Cummings special

And all while the death toll continues to climb"

She has admitted to not updating the nation on the outbreak in Edinburgh at the end of February and stll allowed to mass gathering at Murrayfield a week later .

Nothing ”cummings” about this. These are the facts and now she must defend her decisions .

kildare

Cheltenham was middle of march,thanks Boris

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

But people did not know about the outbreak. It should have been headline news back then?"

You keep saying people didn't know. Just because you didn't doesn't mean that public health officials didn't.

The Covid 19 case related to this gathering of between 70 and 80 Nike employees was, as has been said, publicly confirmed on 4th March - a full six days before the Cheltenham Festival was allowed to go ahead, with 125,000 people in attendance, over its duration.

Are you shocked by that, OP? You should be.

But people did not know about the outbreak. It should have been headline news back then?

You keep saying people didn't know. Just because you didn't doesn't mean that public health officials didn't.

The Covid 19 case related to this gathering of between 70 and 80 Nike employees was, as has been said, publicly confirmed on 4th March - a full six days before the Cheltenham Festival was allowed to go ahead, with 125,000 people in attendance, over its duration.

Are you shocked by that, OP? You should be."

Dont be shocked. Realise thay this is the way Westminster and the media work.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

The Nike outbreak shouldn't come as a huge shock really. It's been pretty obvious for a while now that this virus has been around longer than they claim. I myself was ill throughout February for 2 weeks and still not right yet. Alot of classic covid symptoms. Just because we didn't start testing then and the first case wasn't discovered until march 2nd does not mean that's when the first case happened. My GP were kind of stumped what was wrong with me and just put it down to a non specified virus but said if it carried on more than the 2 weeks then they'd have to run tests. The tests should have started long before they did. Maybe it was covid I had,maybe it wasn't bit they knew it was coming and should have been prepared and testing long before they did.

"Interesting how things that happened weeks ago become front page news at the most convenient times for the government. It’s almost as if they save things up for use at the most advantageous moment.

A Cummings special

She has admitted to not updating the nation on the outbreak in Edinburgh at the end of February and stll allowed to mass gathering at Murrayfield a week later .

Nothing ”cummings” about this. These are the facts and now she must defend her decisions ."

But what if the timing? Why do you think it has made it into the press now, when sturgeon is making Johnson look incompetent?

here

A Cummings special

Nothing ”cummings” about this. These are the facts and now she must defend her decisions .

But what if the timing? Why do you think it has made it into the press now, when sturgeon is making Johnson look incompetent?"

Its mainly being reported in the Scottish press/media following an investigation by a Scottish media programme .

Seems to me sturgeon is being asked to answer to her population for the decisions she has made .

People will either accept her explanation or they won't.

Scotland

A Cummings special

But what if the timing? Why do you think it has made it into the press now, when sturgeon is making Johnson look incompetent?"

I think that is nationalist paranoia. Nats would come up with a Tory allegiance conspiracy whenever the BBC revealed it

Scotland

[Removed by poster at 13/05/20 10:13:16]

A Cummings special

But what if the timing? Why do you think it has made it into the press now, when sturgeon is making Johnson look incompetent?

Its mainly being reported in the Scottish press/media following an investigation by a Scottish media programme .

Seems to me sturgeon is being asked to answer to her population for the decisions she has made .

People will either accept her explanation or they won't. "

They will, because the Scots know how the English establishment works, and just because certain sections of the Scottish media are in cahoots with them doesn't matter one iota.

The Scottish government reported the Covid-19 outbreak at the Nike conference in the appropriate manner for the time and that is that.

here

A Cummings special

They will, because the Scots know how the English establishment works, and just because certain sections of the Scottish media are in cahoots with them doesn't matter one iota.

The Scottish government reported the Covid-19 outbreak at the Nike conference in the appropriate manner for the time and that is that.

"

Time will tell....

"In mid march Boris said UK is open for business,2000 cases in London at the time,packed tubes and buses,and Boris was proudly shaking hands in a hospital and saying.to carry on like normal

"

Tis strange, that the bloke advocating common sense took leave of his whilst shaking hands with Covid patients despite getting scientific advice not to. Still, look away..

A Cummings special

Time will tell...."

Still pushing? Find yourself another horse to back, because however much you keep egging it on, this one is lame.

here

A Cummings special

Time will tell....

Still pushing? Find yourself another horse to back, because however much you keep egging it on, this one is lame."

If it’s lame then the Scots will be happy with her explanation and nothing more will come of it .

Only time will tell if this is the case .

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

To all the Sturgeon and SNP haters, imagine how bad it would be if we were being run by hoddit and doddit the tory and labour mouthpieces in Scotland.

Scotland

A Cummings special

Time will tell....

Still pushing? Find yourself another horse to back, because however much you keep egging it on, this one is lame.

If it’s lame then the Scots will be happy with her explanation and nothing more will come of it .

"

Let's face it she could go on stage and drag her arse around like a dog with worms and most Scots would back her.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

but in hindsight you could point at alot of "iffy" decisions....

I still believe "cheltenham" was an iffy decision!

letting that liverpool vs atlethico madrid game go ahead.... iffy decision!

i think they are goin back thru post mortums and finding out that Covid was here a lot sooner than they first realised now they have the means to test for it!

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 14/05/20 10:37:52]

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Yes. Just what we we all need is another Hate Campaign between Devolved Nations.

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

A Cummings special

Time will tell....

Let's face it she could go on stage and drag her arse around like a dog with worms and most Scots would back her."

Most Scots don't have much time for her. However, she's doing a far better job than that bumbling idiot in No 10!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I am certainly not a fan of 'nippy' as most call her up here, but I for one am glad we have a 'sort' of stronghold though, I have to say I use that term extremely, but if I was told to go back to work with 2 days notice I would be really nervous!

I will also say I have loved what the government have done soo far in unprecedented times in protecting so many peoples lively hoods, but they did fuck it up on Sunday!

But then saying that, who the hell does know what the right thing to say in these times? Everyone clearly has their own interpretations evens on the simple exercise rule!

There is always going to be someone to fuckup somewhere! Just a shame it was too many someone's

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

But people did not know about the outbreak. It should have been headline news back then "

You'd have to review the news media outlets that covered it, compared to those that you were using. As a former Scottish resident, I'm fairly sure I saw it covered at the time

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I think the call for a lockdown was not an option as general awareness was small. It seems they squeezed the event in as a gamble..

I like The Sturg. She has been one of the better ones handling the press briefings, done very professionally. I love her cute hair cut and outfits and she loves the high heels.

I wonder can you get an action figure.

She seems to genuinely care.

Boris mean while goes into floundering fish mode.

» Add a new message to this topic