FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > London Buses

London Buses

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

Watching video from sky news. Busses rammed full, little wearing masks.

Absolutely fucking astonishing watch.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-england-gets-back-to-work-as-lockdown-eases-11987371

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Most people in London have always relied on public transport. What did you expect.

Penicuik

"Most people in London have always relied on public transport. What did you expect."

Wear a mask would be good start I suppose.

Limit number on vehicles another one.

"Most people in London have always relied on public transport. What did you expect.

Limit number on vehicles another one. "

london tubes are packed at the best of times.

I dread to think what they are like this morning.

Penicuik

"Most people in London have always relied on public transport. What did you expect.

Limit number on vehicles another one. london tubes are packed at the best of times.

I dread to think what they are like this morning. "

Unbelievable. Dreading to think the C19 cases in a fortnight.

London cant really function without public transport

I predict a riot

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Well that was the first thing that went through everyone's mind when fuckwit Boris was saying back to work

Driving is fine in the leafy shires

What about big urban centres,trams buses

Boris you fucking clown

How many more deaths will this fuck up cause?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Watching video from sky news. Busses rammed full, little wearing masks.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-england-gets-back-to-work-as-lockdown-eases-11987371"

It was London bus.

Nothing like that happening up here

Penicuik

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-england-gets-back-to-work-as-lockdown-eases-11987371

It was London bus.

Nothing like that happening up here "

Aye I kinda covered that much in the post “title”

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"London cant really function without public transport

I predict a riot"

But that's the problem with being so London centric . All the countries eggs are in one basket. It's easier getting around further north ... Is it any surprise that a pandemic affects London so bad when the tube is so crowded .

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I'm surprised that anyone actually is surprised, anyone who has worked in the capital is fully aware of how packed every element of public transport is at certain times..

Where workplaces can be flexible on hours that should be enforced because the second wave is imminent and it will be the same demographics who will be most affected..

in Lancashire

"London cant really function without public transport

I predict a riot

But that's the problem with being so London centric . All the countries eggs are in one basket. It's easier getting around further north ... Is it any surprise that a pandemic affects London so bad when the tube is so crowded ."

Northern rail users have a bit of commonality of late with the mess that franchise was..

Very similar overcrowding..

Falkirk

It was London bus.

Aye I kinda covered that much in the post “title” "

Sorry never noticed

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Half of the poorer members of society have no car, so they have to use public transport for longer journeys. They are also the part of society who have worse health prospects and shorter lifespans - it's not a good mix. Within that group, you have a disproportionate number of BAME people too.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

The London "element" has always been an issue and always will be.

But whilst everyone seem to act like lemmings and follow the same ritual every damn day, then overcrowding will continue to occur.

Add in the "virus won't affect me" mindset, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Penicuik

It was London bus.

Aye I kinda covered that much in the post “title”

Sorry never noticed "

Lol

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I'm not sure how else people are expected to go to work.

I think you might see a second spike in the virus down here in London.....

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Half of the poorer members of society have no car, so they have to use public transport for longer journeys. They are also the part of society who have worse health prospects and shorter lifespans - it's not a good mix. Within that group, you have a disproportionate number of BAME people too. "

have you been on public transporr in london at rush hour? its not just the pooree who use it its everyone in london.rich poor and everything in between.is the easiest and quickest way of getting about.as for driving i dont think peeps will want to be paying sgitloads to park there cars.mates been working in london throughout all of this and apart frim the centre of town many parts dont look like they ever locked down so dont think it makes much difference if there on tubes or busses now

Should not be using the bus....common sense innit???

in Lancashire

"The London "element" has always been an issue and always will be.

But whilst everyone seem to act like lemmings and follow the same ritual every damn day, then overcrowding will continue to occur.

Add in the "virus won't affect me" mindset, and it's a recipe for disaster."

Whilst I agree with part of what you say the mindset is more likely to be if I don't work I don't eat and am on the streets..

Plus its not down to the likes of cleaners, shop floor workers to vary working hours which I agree with where possible..

Falkirk

"Should not be using the bus....common sense innit???"

Yea just walk everywhere.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

The problem is that TFL, Unions and Sadiq Khan are insisting on running reduced services on public transport.

There isn't the capacity to maintain social distancing.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Should not be using the bus....common sense innit???

Yea just walk everywhere."

Yea they should, best way to keep fit

borehamwood

"Should not be using the bus....common sense innit???

Yea just walk everywhere.

Yea they should, best way to keep fit "

good idea if you can i have always walked or cycled to work most days i beat the bus as the traffic is at a standstill where i live by 7 30 in the morning.my cousin on the other hand works in morden so jumps on the underground at edgeware full length of the northern line 28 or 29 stops takes over an hour so dont think he gona be walking to work

Falkirk

Is it not dodgy cycling in London though?

Obviously they traffic will be alot less than normal, but when you see some of the videos it looks very dangerous.

in Lancashire

It used to be far quicker for me to cycle to work in South London but it became more risky mainly because of car, van etc users..

I'm not sure I would be happy if my wife or sister was walking home in the evening after work..

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

With congestion charges and low emission zones in London , I can understand the working class having to use public transport , most of them can’t afford the daily charges to get to and from work

Can’t blame the people. The fact the Government didn’t during the 8 weeks of isolation put into place any actual structured plan on how people were to return.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm not sure how else people are expected to go to work."

This is utterly unsurprising. And not the people's fault.

Have people been able to source masks? Do they know what they're looking for? Is it all a bit overwhelming?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I'm not sure how else people are expected to go to work.

Have people been able to source masks? Do they know what they're looking for? Is it all a bit overwhelming?"

Surely everyone has a scarf, old t-shirt or t towel then can use

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm not sure how else people are expected to go to work.

Have people been able to source masks? Do they know what they're looking for? Is it all a bit overwhelming?

Surely everyone has a scarf, old t-shirt or t towel then can use"

Maybe. Maybe they're struggling psychologically and can barely think straight to get back into work, knowing they have to put themselves in danger.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I'm not sure how else people are expected to go to work."
this.. in London it never pays to drive around. I've always used the tube when I lived there and if I'm visiting.. people working will be no different.

And as to what was Boris thinking... well 3 weeks ago people were moaning that they wanted to get back to work. Now moaning that they can x

"With congestion charges and low emission zones in London , I can understand the working class having to use public transport , most of them can’t afford the daily charges to get to and from work "

Its not even about people being working class, or otherwise.

Tens of thousands of people driving into London every day just isnt doable

There would be total gridlock. And nowhere for them to park anyway

borehamwood

"With congestion charges and low emission zones in London , I can understand the working class having to use public transport , most of them can’t afford the daily charges to get to and from work

Its not even about people being working class, or otherwise.

Tens of thousands of people driving into London every day just isnt doable

There would be total gridlock. And nowhere for them to park anyway"

dont think peeps would be able to afford to park.some of thise ncp car parks cost more an hour than minimum houry wage one near hyde park is around 11 quid an hour or 45 quid a day

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Well that was the first thing that went through everyone's mind when fuckwit Boris was saying back to work

Driving is fine in the leafy shires

What about big urban centres,trams buses

Boris you fucking clown

How many more deaths will this fuck up cause?"

Hey, Boris got us brexit. You didn't expect him, to be any good at anything else did you

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

For those working in London the only way to get to work mostly is the tube or the bus, as many don’t live near their workplace.

The tube on average deals with 105 million journeys a month, for March this dropped to 60 million journeys, April still to be published. If people could walk they would, but it’s not that simple.

As for cycling, yes there are bicycles but not enough needed for the amount of individuals needing them. Even if you have a personal bike most places have nowhere to store it safely. As for driving forget it, no where to park.

So is there a solution, not really. Most are staying local to where they live for their exercise, food shop, not using transport, working from home.... don’t judge those that maybe have no choice but to return to work or use transport to get to hospital appointments etc.

Those that live here know it’s a risk but one we will all have to take at some point, as this isn’t going anywhere

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-england-gets-back-to-work-as-lockdown-eases-11987371"

I work in central London. To congestion charge is almost £60 a week plus the car park opposite my office charges £125 week. Compare that with the £3 a DAY bus fare.

We can social distance at work but not getting there.

Manchester (she/her)

I feel like we're moving to blaming people for having to go to work by the means available to them

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Nothing that can be done about people cramming onto buses or tubes without masks. Some people think they are invincible.

It is not Boris's or the governments fault people are a bit dim.

Bring back conductors, no mask no entry.

borehamwood

"Can’t blame the people. The fact the Government didn’t during the 8 weeks of isolation put into place any actual structured plan on how people were to return. "

transport nithing to do with governent that baby belongs to sadiq khan.mabey he could increase the amount of trains and buses running as it is the trains and buses are qt the numbers they been at since this started.they been cut to once an hour round here so with peeps going back to work the ones goibg through in the morning have been back.perhaps it they started running two an hour might help or even run the three an hour like it usualy is.dont have to be all day just cpl hours in the morning and evening

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I feel like we're moving to blaming people for having to go to work by the means available to them "

Insane isnt it?

Manchester (she/her)

"I feel like we're moving to blaming people for having to go to work by the means available to them

Insane isnt it?"

Absolutely crackers.

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I work in central London. To congestion charge is almost £60 a week plus the car park opposite my office charges £125 week. Compare that with the £3 a DAY bus fare.

We can social distance at work but not getting there. "

Plus there’s then the actual time it would take to even get to central London by car!

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

You can go and meet one person in a park but you have to keep 6' away, if you are caught in a group you can be fined but it's ok for 1000's of people to be nose to nose on the underground risking transport workers and fellow workers lives.

I bet there are no transport police on trains ensuring social distancing even though there is record drop in crime since lockdown so in theory more police to go around, they will still have to look like they are doing their bit fining people if they gather outside where it is much safer.

We have already been told masks don't properly work yet all of a sudden they are our saviour, if it's ok for 1000's to be crammed together on trains/buses without social distancing then will this be extended outside if all parties wear masks.

Europe have slammed our government for telling people to go back to work without making public transport safe, if wearing a mask helps prevent Covid why are we turning away PPE gear from Turkey when a mask will do for the general public.

It gets worse next month when young children can go back to school, even though children are largely ineffective by Covid they can still be carrier's so elderly or sick people at home will be at greater risk.

Lockdown is good while it's being done to plan but with public transport schools and 50,000 people a month still traveling on planes no wonder we are the highest in Europe for fatalities.

You can see why other countries think our government plans / actions are a joke because in reality they are.

Penicuik

"You can go and meet one person in a park but you have to keep 6' away, if you are caught in a group you can be fined but it's ok for 1000's of people to be nose to nose on the underground risking transport workers and fellow workers lives.

I bet there are no transport police on trains ensuring social distancing even though there is record drop in crime since lockdown so in theory more police to go around, they will still have to look like they are doing their bit fining people if they gather outside where it is much safer.

We have already been told masks don't properly work yet all of a sudden they are our saviour, if it's ok for 1000's to be crammed together on trains/buses without social distancing then will this be extended outside if all parties wear masks.

Europe have slammed our government for telling people to go back to work without making public transport safe, if wearing a mask helps prevent Covid why are we turning away PPE gear from Turkey when a mask will do for the general public.

It gets worse next month when young children can go back to school, even though children are largely ineffective by Covid they can still be carrier's so elderly or sick people at home will be at greater risk.

Lockdown is good while it's being done to plan but with public transport schools and 50,000 people a month still traveling on planes no wonder we are the highest in Europe for fatalities.

You can see why other countries think our government plans / actions are a joke because in reality they are."

Perfectly put

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"You can go and meet one person in a park but you have to keep 6' away, if you are caught in a group you can be fined but it's ok for 1000's of people to be nose to nose on the underground risking transport workers and fellow workers lives.

You can see why other countries think our government plans / actions are a joke because in reality they are.

Perfectly put "

Exactly

The internet police have been finger waving at the tiny minority having a garden bbq walking outside as a three sun bathing travling more than 100 m on a bike or car

Do not even consider meeting a friend or fab friend for a hug

Yet

Public transport

People have to work it's fine

No , absolutely it's not fine

Country wide Lock down was necessary for thinking time

In that thinking time they should have thought public transport is the absolute primary cause of excessive r numbers

And it is this mode of transportation that regardless of its use causes the most death and should be the very last to become operational

The capital needs to work is not a reason to cause excessive deaths and also in turn lead to a new countrywide lock down

If London can cram on a tube the countryside people in small villages can meet for hugs

I can guarantee which one will cause more deaths and further lock down

Social distancing good

Public transport idiotic and without justification

What if the "disese" they could catch was Ebola?? It would not be permitted period

The rules are clear cant maintain a safe distance stay home

But no London will have an exponential growth the NHS will again be overwhelmed. Short cuts taken nurses will indeed die needlessly

SARS is a serious disease. We can manage it live with it have more freedoms with it but we absolutely must not

Underestimate it be complacent or permit public transport for a good while yet sorry London

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

You can see why other countries think our government plans / actions are a joke because in reality they are."

» Add a new message to this topic