FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Better off with Covid?

Better off with Covid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Let’s look at it realistically. There’s likely to never be a vaccine. Or likely it won’t be until next year at the earliest. So if it’s proven that you can only get it once. Would you not rather get it, get over it and move on with normal life? Surely the luckiest people at this time are those who had it and recovered (assuming they can’t get it again).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are hiding but as we all know we can’t run

By *issme quick sucmeslowMan  over a year ago

warringtonish

If peoples employment depended on having it and testing for anti bodies which may well become the case in certain jobs then the danger is people may well try to self infect for fear of unemployment

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

May have missed it but I'm not sure there was evidence that you couldn't get it more than once. I'll continue to shield myself as much as possible for now. I see no point in trying to get it any time soon - which of us have undiagnosed/unknown medical conditions which combined with covid may not recover?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you catch it and you are then not immune it will be the first virus to behave like that. If you can never be immune then within 30 years only one in 10 will ever retire alive.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Let’s look at it realistically. There’s likely to never be a vaccine. Or likely it won’t be until next year at the earliest. So if it’s proven that you can only get it once. Would you not rather get it, get over it and move on with normal life? Surely the luckiest people at this time are those who had it and recovered (assuming they can’t get it again). "

“ (assuming they can’t get it again). ”

That’s the tricky bit, it’s only an assumption that you can’t get it again.

Until it becomes clear cut, why risk having it again ?

You may have been lucky to recover the first time, but not so lucky the second time round, so why risk a second infection?

"If you catch it and you are then not immune it will be the first virus to behave like that. If you can never be immune then within 30 years only one in 10 will ever retire alive. "

If you can never be immune there would be no point of a vaccine.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's an interesting conundrum Op, yes if we could all be guaranteed that we would only get a mild dose and not end up either dead or with serious ongoing health problems post catching it I'm pretty sure we would go with that..

But..

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"If you catch it and you are then not immune it will be the first virus to behave like that. If you can never be immune then within 30 years only one in 10 will ever retire alive.

If you can never be immune there would be no point of a vaccine."

Well, there’s a different flu jab every year. Who’s to say new strains of this one wouldn’t render the first vaccine pointless?

"If you catch it and you are then not immune it will be the first virus to behave like that. If you can never be immune then within 30 years only one in 10 will ever retire alive.

Well, there’s a different flu jab every year. Who’s to say new strains of this one wouldn’t render the first vaccine pointless?"

Correct you would have to take it annually.

Like the flu jab.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"If you catch it and you are then not immune it will be the first virus to behave like that. If you can never be immune then within 30 years only one in 10 will ever retire alive. "

It is possible you can be immune.

But there are other factors.

Even if you have immunity we don’t know as yet how long that immunity lasts for - it may not be indefinite.

Also like other covid viruses it may mutate.

If it does, you may not be immune from those new mutations.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Well, there’s a different flu jab every year. Who’s to say new strains of this one wouldn’t render the first vaccine pointless?"

im sure i seen somewhere its already mutated quiet a few times already

Even if you have immunity we don’t know as yet how long that immunity lasts for - it may not be indefinite.

If it does, you may not be immune from those new mutations. "

yes that's the answers we need answered really .

Are you immune after having it.

Because if you are not how would a vaccine even work ?

Well, there’s a different flu jab every year. Who’s to say new strains of this one wouldn’t render the first vaccine pointless?

im sure i seen somewhere its already mutated quiet a few times already"

I was reading last week there are 3 strains in circulation at the moment the strongest one being the one in Europe and east coast usa

borehamwood

"May have missed it but I'm not sure there was evidence that you couldn't get it more than once. I'll continue to shield myself as much as possible for now. I see no point in trying to get it any time soon - which of us have undiagnosed/unknown medical conditions which combined with covid may not recover? "

luckily i had a full health check less than a year ago took bloods and everything.bmi is spot on blood pressure is what its sposed to be no sign of of diabetes luckily aswell nearly everyone in my family when they have passed away has usualky been through old age rather than from a preventable illness.judging by the lifestyles some of them led i geuess we are very lucky not to suffer illness to much unlike some others

borehamwood

I was reading last week there are 3 strains in circulation at the moment the strongest one being the one in Europe and east coast usa"

yea there are a few about apparently.something on t.v the other night saying even in the uk its not the sae strain everywhere think it may have been on channel four. were saying sime place in nirthern england has a strain thats the same as a state in the u.s

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

Strangely, right at the start of this Helmut Marko, boss of Red Bull Racing suggested infecting all his drivers to get it over with because they are all young and fit. His bossses said no

I was reading last week there are 3 strains in circulation at the moment the strongest one being the one in Europe and east coast usa

yea there are a few about apparently.something on t.v the other night saying even in the uk its not the sae strain everywhere think it may have been on channel four. were saying sime place in nirthern england has a strain thats the same as a state in the u.s"

USA has 2 strains one spreading from the west coast eastwards .

Which they think came from China directly and from the east coast spreading east which they think came into New York via Europe.

East coast spreading west I mean

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Researchers and public health authoritiesstill do not know how the human immune system responds to SARS-CoV-2 and whether or not people develop long-term immunity after recovering from COVID-19.

Fears about a possible lack of immunity arose in response to recent media reports of people testing positive for COVID-19 after previously recovering from the illness.

It is difficult to say whether these individuals tested positive as a result of a second infection. While the possibility exists, it is more likely that detectable levels of the virus remain in the body even after symptoms resolve.

"Researchers and public health authoritiesstill do not know how the human immune system responds to SARS-CoV-2 and whether or not people develop long-term immunity after recovering from COVID-19.

Fears about a possible lack of immunity arose in response to recent media reports of people testing positive for COVID-19 after previously recovering from the illness.

It is difficult to say whether these individuals tested positive as a result of a second infection. While the possibility exists, it is more likely that detectable levels of the virus remain in the body even after symptoms resolve.

"

There is a guy up here in the north east still displaying symptoms after 6 weeks from when he first tested positive.

It might be the case that it hangs around a lot longer than in the body longer than they originally thought.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

If it does, you may not be immune from those new mutations. yes that's the answers we need answered really .

"

There are mutations and mutations. Most mutations don’t result in a change to the protein spikes that both enable the virus to infect a cell and the immune system to find and destroy the virus. One immune response can protect against multiple strains depending on exactly what the mutation is.

"Let’s look at it realistically. There’s likely to never be a vaccine. Or likely it won’t be until next year at the earliest. So if it’s proven that you can only get it once. Would you not rather get it, get over it and move on with normal life? Surely the luckiest people at this time are those who had it and recovered (assuming they can’t get it again). "

I'd happily be exposed to it to get back to normal. Think I already have been but didn't have subsequent symptoms so who knows until there's an antibody test.

If it does, you may not be immune from those new mutations. yes that's the answers we need answered really .

There are mutations and mutations. Most mutations don’t result in a change to the protein spikes that both enable the virus to infect a cell and the immune system to find and destroy the virus. One immune response can protect against multiple strains depending on exactly what the mutation is."

Yes I understand that.

But if there is no immunity to covid 19 how can they make a vaccine to make you immune to covid19?

I thought the whole reason you survive an infection is because your body learns to fight it and creates antibodies. Can't understand how your body would then forget how to fight the same infection!

"I thought the whole reason you survive an infection is because your body learns to fight it and creates antibodies. Can't understand how your body would then forget how to fight the same infection!"

It would the first virus ever

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Better to do the responsible thing and to focus efforts on regaining the lost ground, whilst we have been doing the wrong things.

Target who is infected, who they have infected, isolate them and reduce the volume of people infected. We've done good things, we've invested fairly heavily, lots of exceptional people giving all they have to help others, including many of them with their lives. It's a tragic affair and possibly the worst, most atrocious attacks ever on the population in the whole history of the UK.

We don't need to plan to get infected, as a route to - with luck - survive and, just maybe have some immunity for a while. There are young children who are getting toxic overload, following insignificant covid-19 symptoms. Many adult survivors can celebrate still being alive afterwards but some have permanent organ damage, as the infection attacks the kidneys, heart, brain as well as the lungs. A crusade to get infected may be a perfect storm to gain life-limiting disabilities, due to organs attacked, whilst some may just have viewed it as like getting a mild flu. There are alternatives that are more humane, require our investments to be reconfigured. These are better than avoidable sacrifices needlessly getting pursued.

"Better to do the responsible thing and to focus efforts on regaining the lost ground, whilst we have been doing the wrong things.

Target who is infected, who they have infected, isolate them and reduce the volume of people infected. We've done good things, we've invested fairly heavily, lots of exceptional people giving all they have to help others, including many of them with their lives. It's a tragic affair and possibly the worst, most atrocious attacks ever on the population in the whole history of the UK.

We don't need to plan to get infected, as a route to - with luck - survive and, just maybe have some immunity for a while. There are young children who are getting toxic overload, following insignificant covid-19 symptoms. Many adult survivors can celebrate still being alive afterwards but some have permanent organ damage, as the infection attacks the kidneys, heart, brain as well as the lungs. A crusade to get infected may be a perfect storm to gain life-limiting disabilities, due to organs attacked, whilst some may just have viewed it as like getting a mild flu. There are alternatives that are more humane, require our investments to be reconfigured. These are better than avoidable sacrifices needlessly getting pursued. "

I may be wrong but doesn't the organ failure come from the lungs not being able to get enough oxygen into the blood stream

I sure the virus does not directly attack the organs

It's an upper respiratory virus.

Pretty sure there was a story a, week or two back about someone getting infected again after they had recovered, you would expect that if you caught it you would have some immunity but it would only be to the strain you had caught so the more it mutates the more likely you would be to get it again, I don't know how many strains there is going around though

teleford

"Pretty sure there was a story a, week or two back about someone getting infected again after they had recovered, you would expect that if you caught it you would have some immunity but it would only be to the strain you had caught so the more it mutates the more likely you would be to get it again, I don't know how many strains there is going around though "

If there was 10 strains, having recovered from being infected by 1 you could be immune to the other 9 or immune to none of the other 9. It all depends what is common and what is different between the strains.

By *oirinMarkusCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

I'll still recovering from suspected Covid.... Trust me it isn't as easy as just getting it and moving on! And they also suspect there could be long term effects, especially for men, especially their testicles.

Not so keen to get it now ay?

"luckily i had a full health check less than a year ago took bloods and everything.bmi is spot on blood pressure is what its sposed to be no sign of of diabetes luckily aswell nearly everyone in my family when they have passed away has usualky been through old age rather than from a preventable illness.judging by the lifestyles some of them led i geuess we are very lucky not to suffer illness to much unlike some others"

Being fit and healthy is not a guarantee of recovery, it makes your chances better but that’s all. We know too little about the virus to make decisions about whether it’s worth the risk of catching it or not.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Russian roulette anyone

"May have missed it but I'm not sure there was evidence that you couldn't get it more than once. I'll continue to shield myself as much as possible for now. I see no point in trying to get it any time soon - which of us have undiagnosed/unknown medical conditions which combined with covid may not recover? "

At first it wasn’t clear if re-infection was possible or not. Tests were taken in South Korea that hinted at the possibility of re-infection but apparently these tests were found to have given false positives.

I’ve not seen absolutely concrete evidence that re-infection isn’t possible, but given how well South Korea managed their outbreak, I’d put more faith in their findings than most others.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Still comes down to we don't all want to get it in a short period of time because if you need hospital treatment they may not have capacity make no doubt lots of lives have been saved in hospital.

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

It's a possibility that only the part of population that has a natural immunity/not effected by c-19, will have long term survival.

It is upsetting but Darwinism might be the only game in town.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes i agree. We can not wrap ourselves up in cotton wool forever so just keeping my fingers crossed that i am strong enough to survive if i get it

To be honest I'm not sure what the answer is. It's probably something in the middle. I just hope we haven't fucked our economy up that much trying to save lives that the younger people left have the most horrible time trying to recover from it. Not much point in saving everyone's life if all that is left is a life that is being thoroughly poor and miserable. I do hope the Trillionaires are taking note here of our suffering and instead of hoarding more and more think now is the time to hand out some of their trillions. I think I am probably hoping in vain. They are just greedy selfish fuckers.

"Russian roulette anyone "

That's exactly what I said to a friend of mine in another country. He's told me he's fit and healthy and he Just wants to catch it and be over and done with it so he can resume normal life.... I guess some are prepared to take the risk... I'm definitely not

"Russian roulette anyone

That's exactly what I said to a friend of mine in another country. He's told me he's fit and healthy and he Just wants to catch it and be over and done with it so he can resume normal life.... I guess some are prepared to take the risk... I'm definitely not "

We have both had it.

The mrs suffers from asthma and she sailed through it .

I was worried about her catching it.

I am a fit body builder and it kicked my arse twice,at the start and at the end, 2 and a half weeks after my first symptoms.

So its is true it affects everyone differently.

It's more likely how long immunity lasts. Our bodies are designed so that the adaptive part of our immunity remembers the virus and remembers how to attack it. I liken it to knowing whether the killer cells need their axes or machine guns.

"Russian roulette anyone

That's exactly what I said to a friend of mine in another country. He's told me he's fit and healthy and he Just wants to catch it and be over and done with it so he can resume normal life.... I guess some are prepared to take the risk... I'm definitely not

We have both had it.

I am a fit body builder and it kicked my arse twice,at the start and at the end, 2 and a half weeks after my first symptoms.

So its is true it affects everyone differently. "

Exactly what makes it a bit of Russian roulette.... If I didn't have a child who's shielded, I may have different outlook on getting it.... Although we were all very ill in December, so there is a chance we have also had, my son was the worst hit, and definitely didn't sail through it, but he survived it despite having severe asthma, but that's if it was covid.... I've mentioned in another thread that I'd like to have an immunity test done on us for peace of mind, but who knows which ones are accurate.... Everyone has to do what they consider is right for them. I'm in no way judging my friend, he's single, fit and healthy and doesn't love with children or elderly, so if he did get it, the risk to others would be much lower

yea there are a few about apparently.something on t.v the other night saying even in the uk its not the sae strain everywhere think it may have been on channel four. were saying sime place in nirthern england has a strain thats the same as a state in the u.s"

I read articles from the lancet. My understanding, due to the instability of it's book of instructions (RNA), tiny mutations occur but the basic genome doesn't change.

I think it's this genome base they are working on.

I'd like to read scientific articles that there are actually different strains through drastic mutation, so please link me. I'm not saying there aren't any, but I haven't come across any.

"Researchers and public health authoritiesstill do not know how the human immune system responds to SARS-CoV-2 and whether or not people develop long-term immunity after recovering from COVID-19.

"

Like the virus has been found in bodily fluids/waste (semen, faeces, blood, urine), perhaps the test doesn't differentiate between active or inactive.

"Let’s look at it realistically. There’s likely to never be a vaccine. Or likely it won’t be until next year at the earliest. So if it’s proven that you can only get it once. Would you not rather get it, get over it and move on with normal life? Surely the luckiest people at this time are those who had it and recovered (assuming they can’t get it again).

I'd happily be exposed to it to get back to normal. Think I already have been but didn't have subsequent symptoms so who knows until there's an antibody test."

Apparently PHE has declared an antibody test. It was on the scroll thing on the morning prog.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Let’s look at it realistically. There’s likely to never be a vaccine. Or likely it won’t be until next year at the earliest. So if it’s proven that you can only get it once. Would you not rather get it, get over it and move on with normal life? Surely the luckiest people at this time are those who had it and recovered (assuming they can’t get it again).

I'd happily be exposed to it to get back to normal. Think I already have been but didn't have subsequent symptoms so who knows until there's an antibody test.

Apparently PHE has declared an antibody test. It was on the scroll thing on the morning prog. "

This antibody test is good news. If we pretty much test everyone. It will tell us how far it has spread and what percentage of people who have it die or get really ill. Then we can work towards finding out if catching covid provides any sort of immunity from it in the future and if it does how long for. No detail about the Roche test but i presume its only accurate after at least 14 days after infection.

"Better to do the responsible thing and to focus efforts on regaining the lost ground, whilst we have been doing the wrong things.

We don't need to plan to get infected, as a route to - with luck - survive and, just maybe have some immunity for a while. There are young children who are getting toxic overload, following insignificant covid-19 symptoms. Many adult survivors can celebrate still being alive afterwards but some have permanent organ damage, as the infection attacks the kidneys, heart, brain as well as the lungs. A crusade to get infected may be a perfect storm to gain life-limiting disabilities, due to organs attacked, whilst some may just have viewed it as like getting a mild flu. There are alternatives that are more humane, require our investments to be reconfigured. These are better than avoidable sacrifices needlessly getting pursued.

I may be wrong but doesn't the organ failure come from the lungs not being able to get enough oxygen into the blood stream

It's an upper respiratory virus."

Sepsis is a dysregulated form of your immune system working. Goes into overdrive. Septicaemia/bacteraemia, ie bacteria has progressed into your blood (and WAS one form of diagnosing SEPSIS, now it's diagnosed as organs starting to shutdown). The problem is the pathogen (disease causing microbe) is viral, not bacterial) so, the lancet has started terming it as viral sepsis. Which means the virus has triggered an overresponse.

It's an upper respiratory virus.

Sepsis is a dysregulated form of your immune system working. Goes into overdrive. Septicaemia/bacteraemia, ie bacteria has progressed into your blood (and WAS one form of diagnosing SEPSIS, now it's diagnosed as organs starting to shutdown). The problem is the pathogen (disease causing microbe) is viral, not bacterial) so, the lancet has started terming it as viral sepsis. Which means the virus has triggered an overresponse. "

Yes I have been reading alot the the immune system and how it is reacting in some peoples fight with covid19.

"Russian roulette anyone

We have both had it.

So its is true it affects everyone differently. "

Which suggests it is our immune system is ultimately responsible to whether we survive it. Is there a deficiency or will it go overboard such as in the cases of autoimmune diseases?

"Russian roulette anyone

We have both had it.

So its is true it affects everyone differently.

Which suggests it is our immune system is ultimately responsible to whether we survive it. Is there a deficiency or will it go overboard such as in the cases of autoimmune diseases? "

Yes it will be interesting in years to come. When they discover in what way the virus is affecting the whole body and how they can fight it.

that’s totally false ... its not common for people to get chicken pox more than once but it is possible, my friends son has had it 4 times

also for most adults the virus can lay dormant and then become shingles which is even worse than the first virus

how do we know what covid could morph into inside our system its not been about long enough

By *ustus2728Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

What baffles me is its difficult for the brightest scientists in the world to understand, yet there are so many experts on here..who knew!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"What baffles me is its difficult for the brightest scientists in the world to understand, yet there are so many experts on here..who knew!"
you have hit the nail right on the head , lots of armchair experts on her

Here's another question. What if the virus mutates and we start all over again from the start....

I’d rather get it and move on, what’s the point in hiding away from life forever, for most people it’s not a life threatening illness

"What baffles me is its difficult for the brightest scientists in the world to understand, yet there are so many experts on here..who knew!you have hit the nail right on the head , lots of armchair experts on her "

The WHO, UK government, most major pharmaceutical companies, the Bank of England, in fact pretty much every major government and world

Body in existence should scrap their current recruitment process and just advertise jobs on the fab forums. There’s more knowledge on here than anywhere else in the world

"I’d rather get it and move on, what’s the point in hiding away from life forever, for most people it’s not a life threatening illness "

Snap

teleford

"Still comes down to we don't all want to get it in a short period of time because if you need hospital treatment they may not have capacity make no doubt lots of lives have been saved in hospital."

It would be very interesting to know how many of those who received hospital care had would have died without it.

Might as well stop making flu jabs every year then

"What baffles me is its difficult for the brightest scientists in the world to understand, yet there are so many experts on here..who knew!"

If someone posts info on here and you want validity, ask their source.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's an upper respiratory virus."

I'm not sure that we fully understand the conditions well, yet. The inflammation caused by the virus can affect multiple areas of the body, including the heart. Certainly, reduced Oxygen levels in the blood will affect all of our tissues, potentially harming our brain, heart, everything. There are some shared areas of potential viral attack between lung and heart tissues too. The inflammatory response is especially a risk, though I think some people have had heart and circulatory system issues, alongside minimal lung problems.

Pneumonia from other causes can cause some of these issues but it appears, whilst still in the early stages of getting to understand this, that this virus is possibly more pervasive in how it affects us, than many other conditions we've faced for some time. Definitely something to keep under observation, as more research and data evaluation can be undertaken, as some areas move out of severe crisis management response operations.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

So one youve had good old fashioned influenza or the common cold . Both corona virus types you cant get it again thats GOOD then

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

[Removed by poster at 15/05/20 07:19:03]

» Add a new message to this topic