FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Immunity passports

Immunity passports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *osweet69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

With a 99% reliable antibody test now on the horizon what are peoples thoughts on immunity passports.Would it be a good idea or will it lead too a two tiered society?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i didnt think that they knew if you are immune or not after having it and being honest judging from what i seeing at the park oppisite me during the last couple of months there plenty of peeps who it wouldnt make a bit of difference to.if you start giving some more rights than others you will just end up with people all doing there iwn thing

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Would be great to know for sure if you have had the virus think it’s the way out of this

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Nope.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

How long would a test result be valod for? Not long..

portsmouth

"Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation."

Have you thought about the benefits it could offer? Such as School teachers able to go back to teaching without the fear of contracting the virus. Same for the nurses doctors police etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Going to watch with interest

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation. Have you thought about the benefits it could offer? Such as School teachers able to go back to teaching without the fear of contracting the virus. Same for the nurses doctors police etc. "

The underlying issue remains the same - those who have it and those who don’t .

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation."

My thoughts exactly.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"With a 99% reliable antibody test now on the horizon what are peoples thoughts on immunity passports.Would it be a good idea or will it lead too a two tiered society? "

Valid for 3 days and would cost you upwards of £100, go for it if you think it would make you feel better.

Falkirk

"Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation. Have you thought about the benefits it could offer? Such as School teachers able to go back to teaching without the fear of contracting the virus. Same for the nurses doctors police etc.

The underlying issue remains the same - those who have it and those who don’t .

"

This

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why would it only be valid for three days ?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it.

portsmouth

A Immunity passport does not change that fact it just tells us who is immune and who is not. Surely that's a good thing and would save life's would it not?

portsmouth

"It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it."
Why?

Falkirk

"A Immunity passport does not change that fact it just tells us who is immune and who is not. Surely that's a good thing and would save life's would it not?"

Its creating segregation and a divide.

Unless that's the point then yes it would be pretty effective.

Leeds

Would people try to deliberately catch it so they could get an immunity passport ?

Falkirk

"Would people try to deliberately catch it so they could get an immunity passport ?"

Oh good one

portsmouth

"Would people try to deliberately catch it so they could get an immunity passport ?"
Maybe? That is their choice.It has to be remembered they can already do that now.And is not having a vaccine a deliberately way of catching it? (all be it in a controlled way)

"Would people try to deliberately catch it so they could get an immunity passport ? Maybe? That is their choice.It has to be remembered they can already do that now.And is not having a vaccine a deliberately way of catching it? (all be it in a controlled way) "

Yes that's how a vaccine works.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

A positive test for antibodies doesn't guarantee immunity, there are cases of reinfection, according to virologists, so not sure a passport would work

"A positive test for antibodies doesn't guarantee immunity, there are cases of reinfection, according to virologists, so not sure a passport would work "

There wasn't they turned out to be false positives.

chelmsford

"A positive test for antibodies doesn't guarantee immunity, there are cases of reinfection, according to virologists, so not sure a passport would work

There wasn't they turned out to be false positives. "

Ok

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"With a 99% reliable antibody test now on the horizon what are peoples thoughts on immunity passports.Would it be a good idea or will it lead too a two tiered society? "
A test means your safe when you have the test but not a week later so pointless.Also we are not a police state,hope we never will be

"With a 99% reliable antibody test now on the horizon what are peoples thoughts on immunity passports.Would it be a good idea or will it lead too a two tiered society? A test means your safe when you have the test but not a week later so pointless.Also we are not a police state,hope we never will be"

Where do you get a week later from lol.

[Removed by poster at 16/05/20 11:03:37]

"It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it. Why?"

The cost of keeping half/two thirds of the population at home for two years just couldn't be done.

They simply would not vote for it. Either in the Commons and it wouldn't be ratified by the Second Chamber either.

Leeds

What if other countries said the only way for us to enter them was to hold an immunity passport ?

"What if other countries said the only way for us to enter them was to hold an immunity passport ? "

Then they can keep their countries

We could send then cardboard cutout Holiday makers.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

In much the same way that mums would send their kids to see other kids that had chicken pox. Better to get it as a child than as an adult.

"It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it."
Why go through parliament, all the rules we following now never did?

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

If they can forge the new £20 note within days of it's release, they forge an immunity passport. People would pay for one to get into pubs, clubs and go on holiday. Terrible idea

"Why go through parliament, all the rules we following now never did? "

Errr. Yes they did.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it. Why?"

Because its intrusive, will divide society even further and remove even more of our civil liberties. I think we've lost enough already. Can't believe you actually had to ask why?!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it.Why go through parliament, all the rules we following now never did? "

Precisely. They are rules, not laws. Therefore, unenforceable.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

If one is needed to go abroad, we'll take the test

portsmouth

"It would never get through Parliament. And neither should it. Why?

Because its intrusive, will divide society even further and remove even more of our civil liberties. I think we've lost enough already. Can't believe you actually had to ask why?! "

I did not say it was compulsive to have one.And far from impingeing on your civil liberties it would in fact restore them.And why would it divide society as it would allow people to meet whether they were immune or not.

chelmsford

"What if other countries said the only way for us to enter them was to hold an immunity passport ? "

That is what is happening in Greece and the islands, at the moment.You have to be tested to see if you have the virus, 72 hours before travel and get a certificate, not sure if us travellers can get the test.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"If they can forge the new £20 note within days of it's release, they forge an immunity passport. People would pay for one to get into pubs, clubs and go on holiday. Terrible idea"

I agree

People will also get infected on purpose so they can get one and can go on holiday

By *pmsldCouple  over a year ago

kettering

Because its intrusive, will divide society even further and remove even more of our civil liberties. I think we've lost enough already. Can't believe you actually had to ask why?! I did not say it was compulsive to have one.And far from impingeing on your civil liberties it would in fact restore them.And why would it divide society as it would allow people to meet whether they were immune or not. "

I can see where you idea comes from,however There would need to be solid evidence to prove that having the virus means immunity before they could even think about doing it. At the moment it's just guess work. Theres also the issue of mutations and multiple strains. you may be immune to the one now but you could easily bring back a mutation and that could mean dealing with 2 viruses at the same time. And everyone is back to square one. Tell people they are immune and they will use it as a defence to take risks. Risks that might effect others more than themselves.

chelmsford

Because its intrusive, will divide society even further and remove even more of our civil liberties. I think we've lost enough already. Can't believe you actually had to ask why?! I did not say it was compulsive to have one.And far from impingeing on your civil liberties it would in fact restore them.And why would it divide society as it would allow people to meet whether they were immune or not.

I can see where you idea comes from,however There would need to be solid evidence to prove that having the virus means immunity before they could even think about doing it. At the moment it's just guess work. Theres also the issue of mutations and multiple strains. you may be immune to the one now but you could easily bring back a mutation and that could mean dealing with 2 viruses at the same time. And everyone is back to square one. Tell people they are immune and they will use it as a defence to take risks. Risks that might effect others more than themselves. "

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last.

Because its intrusive, will divide society even further and remove even more of our civil liberties. I think we've lost enough already. Can't believe you actually had to ask why?! I did not say it was compulsive to have one.And far from impingeing on your civil liberties it would in fact restore them.And why would it divide society as it would allow people to meet whether they were immune or not.

I can see where you idea comes from,however There would need to be solid evidence to prove that having the virus means immunity before they could even think about doing it. At the moment it's just guess work. Theres also the issue of mutations and multiple strains. you may be immune to the one now but you could easily bring back a mutation and that could mean dealing with 2 viruses at the same time. And everyone is back to square one. Tell people they are immune and they will use it as a defence to take risks. Risks that might effect others more than themselves.

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last."

Never mind abroad...we are not even wanted at whitby atm

chelmsford

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last.

Never mind abroad...we are not even wanted at whitby atm "

we're not welcomed at the coastal resorts we go to either and there are no toilets open either . Where are those fivers?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

wont work because they reckon only about 5-10% of people have had it so far....

also it will give people a false sense of security because even though they have had it this time round, it is too soon to know how long the antibodies last...

portsmouth

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last."

So do we hide away forever until the world is perfect and all the risk from life have been removed?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Another terrible idea

we're not welcomed at the coastal resorts we go to either and there are no toilets open either . Where are those fivers? "

You'll be ok as theres nowhere open to get a drink from

portsmouth

"Another terrible idea"
Bugger, back to the drawing board

chelmsford

we're not welcomed at the coastal resorts we go to either and there are no toilets open either . Where are those fivers?

You'll be ok as theres nowhere open to get a drink from "

Haha, no!

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last.So do we hide away forever until the world is perfect and all the risk from life have been removed? "

That does seem to be the way forward for many people. If it's mutating and you don't ever get immunity no vaccine would ever work ever ...so hide at home for ever and call everyone else who doesn't irresponsible.. there is nothing unique about this virus .. just be grateful it's nothing like Spanish flu . That today would spark the end of the world as we know it .

chelmsford

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last.So do we hide away forever until the world is perfect and all the risk from life have been removed? "

You do what you need to do, everyone has different circumstances. I'm not a medic so can't answer your question.

I'm sure you would be able to get one off the Internet no problem.

chelmsford

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last.So do we hide away forever until the world is perfect and all the risk from life have been removed?

That does seem to be the way forward for many people. If it's mutating and you don't ever get immunity no vaccine would ever work ever ...so hide at home for ever and call everyone else who doesn't irresponsible.. there is nothing unique about this virus .. just be grateful it's nothing like Spanish flu . That today would spark the end of the world as we know it ."

I'm not 'hiding' at home, I'm trying to minimise my risk as I'm caring for my 90 year old Dad and disabled brother, so I'm conscious of me carrying the virus to them. If it were just me to worry about, I would probably be out more.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

The common cold is a corona type virus - I had a cold once now i am immune to all colds - I think not

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Where does it say if you've had the virus you're immune for life? Add to that suppose you're immune but a carrier? What if you're immune and your partner not?

We're already divided over this: the healthy against the vulnerable. The young against the old. The slim against the fat. The whites against ethnic groups...unity is needed not further division.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Apparently there is an anti body test

Apparently it cost a few quid

Apparently according to some its completely pointless

Apparently we are not having exponential infection because it's a virus that humans have not had time to build a resistance to

Aparrantly people will become repeatedly infected no vaccine will be found and lockdown will permeate humanity forever

Apparently

It is almost certain that having had the virus will become an advantage even if the only advantage is repeat infection will be statistically less deadly

It could be a moral minefield

But let's be blunt

IF , IF

infection gives zero immunity

Then post lock down beyond those who are dead will still have an entire world population ready to be infected

Exponential infection will occur forever unless strict social distancing continues forever

The statistics illustrate immunity will occur

And there we come back to morals

My mum will die if she gets it

Do I infect myself then isolate so I can see her safely?

She can never leave the house again it's most sad

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

"Apparently there is an anti body test

Apparently it cost a few quid

Apparently according to some its completely pointless

Apparently we are not having exponential infection because it's a virus that humans have not had time to build a resistance to

Aparrantly people will become repeatedly infected no vaccine will be found and lockdown will permeate humanity forever

Apparently

It is almost certain that having had the virus will become an advantage even if the only advantage is repeat infection will be statistically less deadly

It could be a moral minefield

But let's be blunt

IF , IF

infection gives zero immunity

Then post lock down beyond those who are dead will still have an entire world population ready to be infected

Exponential infection will occur forever unless strict social distancing continues forever

The statistics illustrate immunity will occur

And there we come back to morals

My mum will die if she gets it

Do I infect myself then isolate so I can see her safely?

She can never leave the house again it's most sad

"

So it’s all ifs and buts except your mum will definitely die if she gets it?

Nothing in life or death is certain, nothing.

chelmsford

"Where does it say if you've had the virus you're immune for life? Add to that suppose you're immune but a carrier? What if you're immune and your partner not?

We're already divided over this: the healthy against the vulnerable. The young against the old. The slim against the fat. The whites against ethnic groups...unity is needed not further division."

It doesn't say anywhere that you're immune, at anytime, if you've had the virus, they're still working on that one

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

You said it better than me! If you listen to the viroligists and I do, they haven't yet proved immunity and/or how long it would last.So do we hide away forever until the world is perfect and all the risk from life have been removed?

That does seem to be the way forward for many people. If it's mutating and you don't ever get immunity no vaccine would ever work ever ...so hide at home for ever and call everyone else who doesn't irresponsible.. there is nothing unique about this virus .. just be grateful it's nothing like Spanish flu . That today would spark the end of the world as we know it .

I'm not 'hiding' at home, I'm trying to minimise my risk as I'm caring for my 90 year old Dad and disabled brother, so I'm conscious of me carrying the virus to them. If it were just me to worry about, I would probably be out more."

There are obviously the at risk groups to consider right now . But I was making a more general point to the future .

At some point someone has to get back to working and living .. even if it's to provide services and food for the permanently lockdown population.

Another way for that dickhead Boris and his cronies to get themselves some more lunch money (the greedy useless bastards)

Jog On!

chelmsford

I'm not 'hiding' at home, I'm trying to minimise my risk as I'm caring for my 90 year old Dad and disabled brother, so I'm conscious of me carrying the virus to them. If it were just me to worry about, I would probably be out more.

There are obviously the at risk groups to consider right now . But I was making a more general point to the future .

At some point someone has to get back to working and living .. even if it's to provide services and food for the permanently lockdown population."

I agree and yes I would be out and about more if it were only me to worry about. I think people should get back to work, if they can safely do so.

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

Being immune to C-19 does not mean that you can’t spread it. It doesn’t stop you from carrying it on your hands, face or clothes.

Cheshire/Staffs

"Being immune to C-19 does not mean that you can’t spread it. It doesn’t stop you from carrying it on your hands, face or clothes."

Not quite how viruses work

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

An antibody passport has minimal value and meaning. It's much too early to have built up much understanding of this virus yet. We don't know the effectiveness of having antibodies, nor how long any full or partial immunity may last for.

Neither do we know what - if they happen - subsequent infections are like. Are they quicker, milder or cause different symptom profiles?

I can foresee the conservatives trying to use something like this to try to get workers pushed in to even more dangerous opening up of the economy, at our risk. Increasing the infection levels affects us all and everything should only be done on the back of scientific expert evidence.

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"Being immune to C-19 does not mean that you can’t spread it. It doesn’t stop you from carrying it on your hands, face or clothes.

Not quite how viruses work "

Umm ... Yes it is

People are hung up on the 2m distance rule, thinking it's the only safety measure. But you can still catch it from someone 20m from you.

The 2m rule is to try & stop people coughing and sneezing over you. Most of the infections likely comes from people's own hands.

Following someone through a door 2m back. You touch the door in the same place as the last person. If they or anyone else who used that door as it on their hands. It's now on yours, if you touch your eyes, nose or mouth then you've infected yourself.

Even if you have immunity, it's still on your hands. So you can put it another surface for another person to pick up.

Wearing gloves & a mask won't stop you getting it if you do silly things like use your phone with gloves on. Then take them off & pick up your phone again.

Cheshire/Staffs

"Being immune to C-19 does not mean that you can’t spread it. It doesn’t stop you from carrying it on your hands, face or clothes.

Umm ... Yes it is

People are hung up on the 2m distance rule, thinking it's the only safety measure. But you can still catch it from someone 20m from you.

The 2m rule is to try & stop people coughing and sneezing over you. Most of the infections likely comes from people's own hands.

Following someone through a door 2m back. You touch the door in the same place as the last person. If they or anyone else who used that door as it on their hands. It's now on yours, if you touch your eyes, nose or mouth then you've infected yourself.

Even if you have immunity, it's still on your hands. So you can put it another surface for another person to pick up.

Wearing gloves & a mask won't stop you getting it if you do silly things like use your phone with gloves on. Then take them off & pick up your phone again. "

If you deposit mucus droplets onto the door handle, not if you are passively wearing a shirt or coat as the original poster implies. You have to do something to get the virus onto the inanimate object. Touching something isn’t sufficient.

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Umm ... Yes it is

Wearing gloves & a mask won't stop you getting it if you do silly things like use your phone with gloves on. Then take them off & pick up your phone again.

If you deposit mucus droplets onto the door handle, not if you are passively wearing a shirt or coat as the original poster implies. You have to do something to get the virus onto the inanimate object. Touching something isn’t sufficient. "

Like coughing into your hand or rubbing your nose before touching the door handle you mean? I'm sure no-one would ever do that.

The underlying message of the OP was just because you can't catch it doesn't mean you won't infect someone else.

And touching something is significant, since you can't see the virus. Hence all the advice about washing your hands.

It's also helpful if you can try to keep them away from your face.

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

Not quite how viruses work "

Please explain.... what has all the hand washing been about then? Surely if you can pick it up from a surface, you can then transmit it to another surface or person?

"How long would a test result be valod for? Not long.."

Maybe like an MOT? Valid until you leave the test station....

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 16/05/20 16:12:35]

chelmsford

"How long would a test result be valod for? Not long..

Maybe like an MOT? Valid until you leave the test station...."

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"How long would a test result be valod for? Not long.."

How could you lose antibodies ? I carry a yellow card for access to certain countries, it’s valid for life

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Never mind abroad...we are not even wanted at whitby atm "

Neither are visitors to Cornwall. There some horrible things being said about holiday makers from the locals down here.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

How could you lose antibodies ? I carry a yellow card for access to certain countries, it’s valid for life "

You better tell all those scientists they're wasting their time then. They don't need to do any more investigation into how Covid 19 antibodies might or might not work

chelmsford

How could you lose antibodies ? I carry a yellow card for access to certain countries, it’s valid for life "

I'm not sure what that is, does it say you have corona virus antibodies?

chelmsford

How could you lose antibodies ? I carry a yellow card for access to certain countries, it’s valid for life

You better tell all those scientists they're wasting their time then. They don't need to do any more investigation into how Covid 19 antibodies might or might not work"

Leeds

"I carry a yellow card for access to certain countries, it’s valid for life

I'm not sure what that is"

It shows you have had an innoclation for Yellow Fever

chelmsford

"I carry a yellow card for access to certain countries, it’s valid for life

I'm not sure what that is

It shows you have had an innoclation for Yellow Fever"

Ok, not really relevant then

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

But I thought there was no guarantee that if you have had it you cannot catch it again

The second time you get it, it’s far worse than the first time

This might not be correct though

Leeds

"

Ok, not really relevant then "

I think he was meaning that if a Yellow Fever inoculation keeps you immune for life a Covid one could do too if they can find one.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Another terrible idea Bugger, back to the drawing board "

chelmsford

"But I thought there was no guarantee that if you have had it you cannot catch it again

This might not be correct though "

There is no evidence yet that if you have the antibodies that you are immune, that is what the epidemiologists are saying

chelmsford

"

I think he was meaning that if a Yellow Fever inoculation keeps you immune for life a Covid one could do too if they can find one. "

Oh I see, roll on the vaccination

Umm ... Yes it is

If you deposit mucus droplets onto the door handle, not if you are passively wearing a shirt or coat as the original poster implies. You have to do something to get the virus onto the inanimate object. Touching something isn’t sufficient. "

that makes no sense because then the door would have to cough it onto you

surely someone can have touched their mouth, then touch a surface , other people the come along and touch that surface and touch further objects spreading it wider, eventually someone touching these surfaces touches their mouth and gets the virus

in the situation the immunity doesnt stop you being a spreader, however it also doesnt make you any more dangerous really than an inanimate object which kind of null and voids the original point against the passport

"

I think he was meaning that if a Yellow Fever inoculation keeps you immune for life a Covid one could do too if they can find one. "

it could do, but then other vaccines require top ups throughout life ... nobody knows yet how these antibodies will work

kinky land

"But I thought there was no guarantee that if you have had it you cannot catch it again

That's the exact opposite of what my GP told me. She said now we've fully recovered we should have some immunity to it; she wouldn't guess how long.

She also said that should we get ill again from a corona strain, that it'll be less severe as our immune systems already knows it.

Wasn't it in main stream media weeks ago, the monkeys had immunity to covid, post infection. Only they have to wait 6 months before they can test them again for a potential timeline on the immunity.

That's the exact opposite of what my GP told me. She said now we've fully recovered we should have some immunity to it; she wouldn't guess how long.

She also said that should we get ill again from a corona strain, that it'll be less severe as our immune systems already knows it.

Wasn't it in main stream media weeks ago, the monkeys had immunity to covid, post infection. Only they have to wait 6 months before they can test them again for a potential timeline on the immunity. "

That's sound like I though it might be.

Because how could your body beat the virus without your antibodies attacking it.

Because its intrusive, will divide society even further and remove even more of our civil liberties. I think we've lost enough already. Can't believe you actually had to ask why?! I did not say it was compulsive to have one.And far from impingeing on your civil liberties it would in fact restore them.And why would it divide society as it would allow people to meet whether they were immune or not. "

because by creating something that you must have to restore your civil liberties, you by default create inequality and further restriction to the have nots , as they now have another hoop to jump through this time being catch a virus and develop antibodies

kinky land

Wasn't it in main stream media weeks ago, the monkeys had immunity to covid, post infection. Only they have to wait 6 months before they can test them again for a potential timeline on the immunity.

Because how could your body beat the virus without your antibodies attacking it."

It also explains why the NHS wants plasma from people that have fully recovered from it for the anti bodies.

I'm unable to give blood any more unfortunately

Cheshire/Staffs

Yet you thought you’d say it anyway

chelmsford

Wasn't it in main stream media weeks ago, the monkeys had immunity to covid, post infection. Only they have to wait 6 months before they can test them again for a potential timeline on the immunity. "

'should have immunity ' the epidemiologists haven't discovered that for sure yet. There are cases of reinfection.

'should have immunity ' the epidemiologists haven't discovered that for sure yet. There are cases of reinfection."

Do you have links to the reinfections story's?

Because how could your body beat the virus without your antibodies attacking it.

It also explains why the NHS wants plasma from people that have fully recovered from it for the anti bodies.

I'm unable to give blood any more unfortunately "

Where would you volunteer for this ?

By *annyT1966Man  over a year ago

Derwentside

Or there could be a huge black market in fake passports (not to be confused with Fake Taxi)!!!

chelmsford

'should have immunity ' the epidemiologists haven't discovered that for sure yet. There are cases of reinfection.

Do you have links to the reinfections story's?"

No I don't sorry I watch the people who specialise in viruses on tv and have spoken to my niece who is an A and E doctor, who has been involved with covid patients. She explains to me, what I'm listening to on tv

No I don't sorry I watch the people who specialise in viruses on tv and have spoken to my niece who is an A and E doctor, who has been involved with covid patients. She explains to me, what I'm listening to on tv "

I do know there was 6 cases in South Korea where the doctors thought they had been re infected over the period of 6 weeks but it was discovered that the virus had not totally left the body .

So basically they still had the virus in their systems 5 weeks after their symptoms disappeared.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Yet you thought you’d say it anyway "

e

Yep

chelmsford

No I don't sorry I watch the people who specialise in viruses on tv and have spoken to my niece who is an A and E doctor, who has been involved with covid patients. She explains to me, what I'm listening to on tv

I do know there was 6 cases in South Korea where the doctors thought they had been re infected over the period of 6 weeks but it was discovered that the virus had not totally left the body .

So basically they still had the virus in their systems 5 weeks after their symptoms disappeared."

We just don't know do we, if the experts don't know for sure everything about this virus, we on here, certainly aren't. I try not to be complacent about it all

So basically they still had the virus in their systems 5 weeks after their symptoms disappeared.

We just don't know do we, if the experts don't know for sure everything about this virus, we on here, certainly aren't. I try not to be complacent about it all "

Agree.

I just can't understand how you can't be immune to something that your antibodies have fought of.

You have got to be immune even if it was just for a short while.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

You can Google it as it's been reported.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Hmmm.

So Coronavirus is a family of viruses. We've had MERS, SARS and the latest is COVID 19.

Diseases are not around to wipe out the whole population, because it would not survive, it needs people to be immune at various levels.

Black death, which sounded shocking in terms of symptoms and death, wiped out 50% of the population.

Many of us have already been exposed to the virus, with some or none infection. My understanding is we would have a 'passport' about our immunity, just for COVID 19? or for other and all diseases? Crikey the administration for this would be out of date within a day.

Viruses change in order to live, so we're with COVID 19 (V1), but next year it would be COVID 19 (V2), and a annual injection like the flu injection we're recommended to have each year.

Disease control, fascinating and frightening in equal measure.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

How would you prove immunity.

The scientists do not yet know if surviving Covid-19 gives immunity, it is expected it will but as yet there is no proof.

The other question not yet answered is if one does get immunity how long will that last, week, 6 months, 2 years a lifetime.

Too many questions and no answers yet

[Removed by poster at 16/05/20 21:18:06]

Cheshire/Staffs

You can Google it as it's been reported. "

When I google ‘Covid reinfection’ one of the first stories says that people haven’t been reinfected. You mean that one?

I’d say there are two viruses here - the coronavirus which leads to Covid 19 (in rare cases) and the ‘dread fear’ virus which infects everyone and makes them senseless, fearmongering, intolerant and pig headed.

The first virus is bad but the second is terrifying.

When I google ‘Covid reinfection’ one of the first stories says that people haven’t been reinfected. You mean that one?

I’d say there are two viruses here - the coronavirus which leads to Covid 19 (in rare cases) and the ‘dread fear’ virus which infects everyone and makes them senseless, fearmongering, intolerant and pig headed.

The first virus is bad but the second is terrifying. "

I wasted 2 hour and never found link that there was evidence of anyone being reinfected.

On the WHO page it said there we no evidence of long term immunity but there was also no evidence of anyone being reinfected.

Go figure.

Cheshire/Staffs

I wasted 2 hour and never found link that there was evidence of anyone being reinfected.

On the WHO page it said there we no evidence of long term immunity but there was also no evidence of anyone being reinfected.

Go figure."

There can’t be any evidence of ‘long term’ immunity as this virus is relatively new.

There’s no evidence of reinfection.

I wonder if Covid gets into people’s brains?

Spend your next two hours doing something nice!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

notice how they test you for covid when you get admitted into a hospital..... but not as you are leaving?

you may be well enough to leave..it doesn't mean you have "beat it"...

case in point... juventus footballer paulo dybala... almost a legend now that he had to be tested positive for covid 19 5 times over a 6 week period....

so imagine how long he could have been asymptomatic for and been potentially passing that around he if he had never had test 1......

"

notice how they test you for covid when you get admitted into a hospital..... but not as you are leaving?

you may be well enough to leave..it doesn't mean you have "beat it"...

case in point... juventus footballer paulo dybala... almost a legend now that he had to be tested positive for covid 19 5 times over a 6 week period....

so imagine how long he could have been asymptomatic for and been potentially passing that around he if he had never had test 1......"

I know thisif you read back on my post.

There were 6 cases in south Korea that where tested positive over the space of 6 weeks .

They then discovered it had never cleared their system .

That kind of proves my point.

They we not reinfected it had just not left their systems for 6 weeks.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

chelmsford

We just don't know do we, if the experts don't know for sure everything about this virus, we on here, certainly aren't. I try not to be complacent about it all

Agree.

I just can't understand how you can't be immune to something that your antibodies have fought of.

You have got to be immune even if it was just for a short while."

I don't know....

chelmsford

Maybe you could listen to the epidemiologists who often know more than any of us...

chelmsford

Go figure."

You need to listen to the epidemiologists on tv, if you dont want to do that, then carry on as normal in the hope that you are immune

chelmsford

Maybe you could listen to the epidemiologists who often know more than any of us..."

That reply wasn't meant for you

Go figure.

There can’t be any evidence of ‘long term’ immunity as this virus is relatively new.

Spend your next two hours doing something nice! "

We spent our last 2 hours doing something very very nice

Go figure.

We spent our last 2 hours doing something very very nice "

The first repost wasnt replying to your post is was mean to be a reply to some one up the page who said check google you can get reinfected.

I spent 2 hours looking for something I knew was true.

But me and the mrs more than made up for that later on

Knew wasnt true.

Damn fat fingers.

Scientifically it’s a waste of resource for us currently. As a country who needs to drive the infected rate down the important thing is to find out who’s infected, who they’ve contacted and if they’re infected. Therefore the swab testing we are doing currently will continue for quite some time. They won’t switch lab and testers resources very quickly.

Also... ok 80,000 tests a day may sound like a lot but to test a nation for certification when actually the span of immunity, ability to be reinfected etc is so unknown will be a massive cost with very little guarantee.

In general I feel the antibody test will more likely be used for those therapy treatments under consideration as a means to identify suitable donors x

Cheshire/Staffs

Maybe you could listen to the epidemiologists who often know more than any of us..."

They are the only people I listen to about all this - the day I listen to Karen from Facebook or her naughty friend bigboobs from Fab is the day I give up and put the tin foil hat on.

Cheshire/Staffs

Go figure.

We spent our last 2 hours doing something very very nice "

I’m very glad to hear it! X

portsmouth

"With a 99% reliable antibody test now on the horizon what are peoples thoughts on immunity passports.Would it be a good idea or will it lead too a two tiered society?

Scientifically it’s a waste of resource for us currently. As a country who needs to drive the infected rate down the important thing is to find out who’s infected, who they’ve contacted and if they’re infected. Therefore the swab testing we are doing currently will continue for quite some time. They won’t switch lab and testers resources very quickly.

Also... ok 80,000 tests a day may sound like a lot but to test a nation for certification when actually the span of immunity, ability to be reinfected etc is so unknown will be a massive cost with very little guarantee.

In general I feel the antibody test will more likely be used for those therapy treatments under consideration as a means to identify suitable donors x"

That is fine if you are the lucky ones that are being tested what about the rest of us? We want to know whether we have had it so we can get on with living our life's.

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

"Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation. Have you thought about the benefits it could offer? Such as School teachers able to go back to teaching without the fear of contracting the virus. Same for the nurses doctors police etc. "

there is no immunity, they think you can get it more than once. what they hope is that your body recognises the virus sooner and acts against it quicker so the effects are not as bad or long lasting

Cheshire/Staffs

"Terrible idea

Country already divided - this would only fuel the situation. Have you thought about the benefits it could offer? Such as School teachers able to go back to teaching without the fear of contracting the virus. Same for the nurses doctors police etc.

there is no immunity, they think you can get it more than once. what they hope is that your body recognises the virus sooner and acts against it quicker so the effects are not as bad or long lasting"

No evidence for this - they actually think you cannot get it more than once.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"

I think he was meaning that if a Yellow Fever inoculation keeps you immune for life a Covid one could do too if they can find one.

it could do, but then other vaccines require top ups throughout life ... nobody knows yet how these antibodies will work "

We have a rough idea from SARS and MERS 1-2 years

Slippery slope, open to abuse. Bad idea.

"Terrible idea

there is no immunity, they think you can get it more than once. what they hope is that your body recognises the virus sooner and acts against it quicker so the effects are not as bad or long lasting"

That's the definition of immunity

By *upofteaMan  over a year ago

hornchurch

How long may you be immune for ? Would the passport cover that length of time ?

If it acts like flu in anyway then there’s a different strain every year so a passport probing your health immunity would be short lived

The question is. Will the immune become the higher class or servants to those who are not immune?

"With a 99% reliable antibody test now on the horizon what are peoples thoughts on immunity passports.Would it be a good idea or will it lead too a two tiered society?

In general I feel the antibody test will more likely be used for those therapy treatments under consideration as a means to identify suitable donors xThat is fine if you are the lucky ones that are being tested what about the rest of us? We want to know whether we have had it so we can get on with living our life's. "

I’m not sure there’s a huge amount of ‘luck’ in being tested currently... you’re either being confirmed as a sufferer or you’re a frontline worker worried about inflecting your family or colleagues.

That’s the point... at the moment the best thing we can do for everyone is test for current sufferers and then chase and test their contacts.

You’ll get your freedom back far quicker if the chance of being infected drops through successful quarantine.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"The question is. Will the immune become the higher class or servants to those who are not immune? "

Only super drug has the answer

portsmouth

[Removed by poster at 21/05/20 22:56:28]

portsmouth

"You’ll get your freedom back far quicker if the chance of being infected drops through successful quarantine."

How does that work ???

"The question is. Will the immune become the higher class or servants to those who are not immune?

"

Is it a bird ...flu ... Is it a plane ..flu .... No it's superdrug ..

Sorry so bored today ..

chelmsford

"The question is. Will the immune become the higher class or servants to those who are not immune?

Is it a bird ...flu ... Is it a plane ..flu .... No it's superdrug ..

Sorry so bored today .."

Haha!

There is no way there will be an immune passport..its same as ID cards it was totally rejected over civil liberties..the sooner people realise the virus is a new fact of life and won't go away (its spread to far and infected too many to wipe it out totally) there won't be a vaccine most people would accept for a good number of years...so people need to accept covid 19 is out there so unless you have enough savings to stay permanent in an isolation way of life or only emerge in full PPE then you need to start accepting life has to go on and its a new risk..how many in last years measles outbreak where made seriously ill because of paranoid reaction to fake news over the vaccination....its projected fear and its running rife around the world..yes people die thats a fact of life..so let's start and live life and be positive

» Add a new message to this topic