FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown Over

Lockdown Over

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *upoftea OP   Man  over a year ago

hornchurch

Interested to hear everyone’s view when lockdown finishes .... lots of profiles stating ‘up For fun when lockdown finishes’ but the virus is still going to be out there...

Are people thinking that they will be safe when meeting new partners or will people take a more sensible approach ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

The virus may always be out there.. so yes I will be meeting as soon as I can

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"The virus may always be out there.. so yes I will be meeting as soon as I can "

Yes.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Some want to get on with their lives and will take the risk. It's a tricky one, depends when they get a vaccination out there. We personally will continue to stay as safe as we can, until things are clearer

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

New guidelines stay alert means you work out the risks to you and not the government. If you're happy go for it we are all adults after all.

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"The virus may always be out there.. so yes I will be meeting as soon as I can "

Us as well

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a vague goal as it doesn't specify when they will be specifically meeting after the lockdown but does help to clarify that they are not meeting at present.

chelmsford

Everyone can make their own decisions, we don't know how long this will go on, so I understand that people want to get their lives back to some kind of normality

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I will be sticking to my fwb for a while

"Interested to hear everyone’s view when lockdown finishes .... lots of profiles stating ‘up For fun when lockdown finishes’ but the virus is still going to be out there...

Are people thinking that they will be safe when meeting new partners or will people take a more sensible approach ? "

It could depend on when the site decides to lift the current ban on meeting people, that will be a difficult decision to make

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

I use to go to a couple of parties and 1 or 2 private meets a month,it will be changing for me when we do get go ahead,probably near July when hospitality reopens

I will leave the parties for now to minimize risks as no point if have to still social distance,it won't be the same

I may meet up privately with some of my known friends,that way I know exactly who I'm meeting and they are contactable

I don't think I will meet strangers for a long time,better the devil I know

"Interested to hear everyone’s view when lockdown finishes .... lots of profiles stating ‘up For fun when lockdown finishes’ but the virus is still going to be out there...

Are people thinking that they will be safe when meeting new partners or will people take a more sensible approach ?

It could depend on when the site decides to lift the current ban on meeting people, that will be a difficult decision to make "

I have enough contacts that if i wanted to I could meet without fabs help.... but as I only meet in clubs and have no intention of changing that.. I have to wait

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I use to go to a couple of parties and 1 or 2 private meets a month,it will be changing for me when we do get go ahead,probably near July when hospitality reopens

I will leave the parties for now to minimize risks as no point if have to still social distance,it won't be the same

I may meet up privately with some of my known friends,that way I know exactly who I'm meeting and they are contactable

I don't think I will meet strangers for a long time,better the devil I know "

You're absolutely at the same risk with people you know as with strangers, unless you and the other person self isolate completely, which of course means you can't go out to meet ......

"I use to go to a couple of parties and 1 or 2 private meets a month,it will be changing for me when we do get go ahead,probably near July when hospitality reopens

You're absolutely at the same risk with people you know as with strangers, unless you and the other person self isolate completely, which of course means you can't go out to meet ......"

i would imagine you have a better level of trust built up with someone you know than a stranger though

the same level of risk is not true, every interaction increases the likelihood of risk , someone with less interaction is statistically carrying less risk, albeit it i am aware only takes one interaction to contract the virus, probability of it happening is lower

i would trust someone i know to be more likely to cancel if they were feeling under the weather, or if they had been in contact with people that are working in high risk areas etc, way more than i would trust a stranger that just wants laid with another stranger to provide me with that same level of honesty and care

It could depend on when the site decides to lift the current ban on meeting people, that will be a difficult decision to make I have enough contacts that if i wanted to I could meet without fabs help.... but as I only meet in clubs and have no intention of changing that.. I have to wait "

You can forget about club opening this year,

People had bareback sex before covid. Same thing.

It could depend on when the site decides to lift the current ban on meeting people, that will be a difficult decision to make I have enough contacts that if i wanted to I could meet without fabs help.... but as I only meet in clubs and have no intention of changing that.. I have to wait

You can forget about club opening this year, "

which means I will have to wait.. as the clubs offer me my safe place. but clubs in other countries are starting to open now from what I read. So who knows

"People had bareback sex before covid. Same thing. "

Not the same thing at all

Exactly that. With some precautions that I would normally take anyway.

hornchurch

That’s the whole thing ... no one knows who your possibly going to contract it from ... someone you know or a stranger...

For me I look after a vulnerable parent so can’t afford the high risk stakes of meeting currently... definitely wrong time to be single!

"People had bareback sex before covid. Same thing.

Not the same thing at all "

not the exact same but it is the same theory... people knew what the risks were and acted to protect themselves accordingly or did not ... its a new risk but people’s behaviour in risk assessing probably wont change much

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

Not the same thing at all "

Maybe not exactly the same but there are similarities. It'll all be about acceptance of risk. You walk outside & you can be involved in a traffic accident, you have unprotected sex you can catch an STD, you get close to someone you can catch Covid-19

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We need to use a little common sense as a vaccine may be a long way off. This virus is going to be around for a very long time, and will keep resurfacing it's ugly head.

It's about taking a calculated risk. If you are fit and healthy then the risks of the virus being dangerous are relatively minimal. If you have swinging friends who you can trust reasonably well, and they've been adhering to lockdown as much as possible and you have been, then we would feel happy to meet them.

We would meet them privately and will be limiting the public areas where we go.

Life has to keep moving forwards.

By *ulie1956TV/TS  over a year ago

Dudley

I’m just looking to meet existing acquaintances who are still not working & spending most days at home, like me, this reduces the options but minimises risk...

Unless you are going to continue isolating yourself then you will be at risk whether it's meeting a trusted friend, going shopping or meeting from here, no one has covid +ve stamped on their forehead so how can you tell?

Saying people who know they have symptoms will do anything for a shag is a bit harsh. Common sense will dictate that everyone will take the chance that sits comfortable with them. No one is better than anyone else based on whether they will meet and I see this attitude creeping in a lot, it's not a pleasant trait. We're responsible for our own health and wellbeing and that if those who depend on us, make decisions based on that alone.

not the exact same but it is the same theory... people knew what the risks were and acted to protect themselves accordingly or did not ... its a new risk but people’s behaviour in risk assessing probably wont change much"

If I catch an STI through a fab meet I cannot then transmit it to family and friends , the risk spreading is far greater with COVID than with an STI

not the exact same but it is the same theory... people knew what the risks were and acted to protect themselves accordingly or did not ... its a new risk but people’s behaviour in risk assessing probably wont change much

If I catch an STI through a fab meet I cannot then transmit it to family and friends , the risk spreading is far greater with COVID than with an STI "

Exactly!

If I catch an STI through a fab meet I cannot then transmit it to family and friends , the risk spreading is far greater with COVID than with an STI

Exactly!"

so thats a cross in the not meeting side of pros and cons tick list of meeting,

it doesnt mean there wont be people who stop assessing their risk

and plenty people on here live alone with no family to bring anything back to

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

If I catch an STI through a fab meet I cannot then transmit it to family and friends , the risk spreading is far greater with COVID than with an STI "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Many are still meeting anyway but plan to stay strong mainly due to my age

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Exactly!

and plenty people on here live alone with no family to bring anything back to "

That's the thing though: we have to make our own risk assessments.

My other half is white and fit. I'm black and not. He thought this whole lockdown was an overreaction so was still meeting his mates when he left the house to go shopping.

When I found out I pointed out how selfish he was because his actions could be fatal to me.

How/what others do with their lives is not my call to make unless it impacts directly on my life.

By *wosome2010Couple  over a year ago

colchester

I think sometimes we are in danger, with the help of some in government and the media of scaring ourselves to death.

Covid will be with us for a long time and we may or may not succeed in producing a vaccine but I am reasonably certain drugs will be produced fairly quickly which will help the symptoms.

I do not wish to diminish the tragedy of all those who have died as every death has been terrible for those families affected. However, it should be remembered that although there have been 34,466 deaths from all sources as of today, that is out of a population of nearly 67 million in the UK. Put another way that is 0.051 of the population. That is half of the capacity of Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon out of the population of the whole country.

We cannot be in lockdown forever and the only 100% way of avoiding contracting the virus is to stay at home forever by yourselves. Not good for anyone I would think so I believe in the end people will treat it as the same risk as catching flu which we all risk every winter. Even the Flu Vaccine does not prevent you catching it.

Just my take on it.

Exactly!

and plenty people on here live alone with no family to bring anything back to

That's the thing though: we have to make our own risk assessments.

My other half is white and fit. I'm black and not. He thought this whole lockdown was an overreaction so was still meeting his mates when he left the house to go shopping.

When I found out I pointed out how selfish he was because his actions could be fatal to me.

How/what others do with their lives is not my call to make unless it impacts directly on my life."

just realised i meant to say people wont stop assessing their risk

but i still agree with you

some will continue to meet, some wont, some only have themselves to worry about, some dont, and those that were pretty cavelier with their health before (ie barebackers) i imagine will continue to be

colchester

Not strictly true as you could transmit it before you find out you have been infected.

Not strictly true as you could transmit it before you find out you have been infected."

That’s my point, you can’t compare catching an STI with COVID.

By *arvest 84Man  over a year ago

SCAWBY, NEAR , BRIGG.

as there is no cure for corona and a vaxene could be a couple of years away. i think allot of people on fabs will have to make a big decision.

if they are worried about catching it , they will have to stop swinging and come off of fabs, simple.

chelmsford

"as there is no cure for corona and a vaxene could be a couple of years away. i think allot of people on fabs will have to make a big decision.

if they are worried about catching it , they will have to stop swinging and come off of fabs, simple.

"

They don't have to come off here

"as there is no cure for corona and a vaxene could be a couple of years away. i think allot of people on fabs will have to make a big decision.

They don't have to come off here "

True....havent had a meet off here for long before lockdown

chelmsford

They don't have to come off here

True....havent had a meet off here for long before lockdown "

Same here

SCAWBY, NEAR , BRIGG.

by the way, i ment that in a nice way,

but if people are woried about , kissing or passing body fluids wich could spread corona, and you might be with someone who doesnt know if they have it,

perhaps its time for allot of people to call it a day.

apart from when boris says that clubs can open again, whos going to know if any one has got the virus ???

chelmsford

"by the way, i ment that in a nice way,

but if people are woried about , kissing or passing body fluids wich could spread corona, and you might be with someone who doesnt know if they have it,

perhaps its time for allot of people to call it a day.

apart from when boris says that clubs can open again, whos going to know if any one has got the virus ???"

"I think sometimes we are in danger, with the help of some in government and the media of scaring ourselves to death.

Covid will be with us for a long time and we may or may not succeed in producing a vaccine but I am reasonably certain drugs will be produced fairly quickly which will help the symptoms.

I do not wish to diminish the tragedy of all those who have died as every death has been terrible for those families affected. However, it should be remembered that although there have been 34,466 deaths from all sources as of today, that is out of a population of nearly 67 million in the UK. Put another way that is 0.051 of the population. That is half of the capacity of Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon out of the population of the whole country.

We cannot be in lockdown forever and the only 100% way of avoiding contracting the virus is to stay at home forever by yourselves. Not good for anyone I would think so I believe in the end people will treat it as the same risk as catching flu which we all risk every winter. Even the Flu Vaccine does not prevent you catching it.

Just my take on it."

SCAWBY, NEAR , BRIGG.

i fully agree with every word that you have said.

We’re honestly not in any rush, we’re planning on easing back in once things have calmed down as family members ate high risk x

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"

Why would they have to come off of here, you can't catch it from Fab

SCAWBY, NEAR , BRIGG.

why be on fabs if your not going to swing ??. cant see much point, althoe i know some people like to perv at pics,

"why be on fabs if your not going to swing ??. cant see much point, althoe i know some people like to perv at pics,

"

many people use it for the forums, the chat room, the pictures, keeping up with old friends

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

You're absolutely at the same risk with people you know as with strangers, unless you and the other person self isolate completely, which of course means you can't go out to meet ......

i would imagine you have a better level of trust built up with someone you know than a stranger though

the same level of risk is not true, every interaction increases the likelihood of risk , someone with less interaction is statistically carrying less risk, albeit it i am aware only takes one interaction to contract the virus, probability of it happening is lower

i would trust someone i know to be more likely to cancel if they were feeling under the weather, or if they had been in contact with people that are working in high risk areas etc, way more than i would trust a stranger that just wants laid with another stranger to provide me with that same level of honesty and care "

This

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"why be on fabs if your not going to swing ??. cant see much point, althoe i know some people like to perv at pics,

many people use it for the forums, the chat room, the pictures, keeping up with old friends "

I'm just here till my membership runs out then I'm off.

Swinging is done or at least greatly reduced for the next year or two and the clubs are finished too.

I’ll be meeting from early June when I go back to work this virus will be around for a long time and we keep getting told that things have to go back to normal

many people use it for the forums, the chat room, the pictures, keeping up with old friends I'm just here till my membership runs out then I'm off.

Swinging is done or at least greatly reduced for the next year or two and the clubs are finished too."

Well that's looking on the bright side, if everyone looked to the future like that we would all go to bed and wait till the nasty thing goes away.

Sheffield

many people use it for the forums, the chat room, the pictures, keeping up with old friends I'm just here till my membership runs out then I'm off.

Swinging is done or at least greatly reduced for the next year or two and the clubs are finished too.Well that's looking on the bright side, if everyone looked to the future like that we would all go to bed and wait till the nasty thing goes away. "

You honestly think that clubs are going to open this year ?

Swinging is done or at least greatly reduced for the next year or two and the clubs are finished too.Well that's looking on the bright side, if everyone looked to the future like that we would all go to bed and wait till the nasty thing goes away.

You honestly think that clubs are going to open this year ? "

people don’t necessarily need a club to swing, just like they dont need a pub to have a drink

By *sianMancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Are people thinking that they will be safe when meeting new partners or will people take a more sensible approach ? "

I have no desire to risk my life or my family or friends lives in anyway. I will adjust my life and self imposed lockdown for as long as I can and until a vaccine is made available.

The government can advise but I'm human so I can make wise decisions when I need to so lockdown or not means little to me when I myself have been in lockdown before the government announced it.

My Outlook over last week has changed and I agree virus is going nowhere so gotta live with it...

Sheffield

Swinging is done or at least greatly reduced for the next year or two and the clubs are finished too.Well that's looking on the bright side, if everyone looked to the future like that we would all go to bed and wait till the nasty thing goes away.

people don’t necessarily need a club to swing, just like they dont need a pub to have a drink "

True .. but .. lots of couples on here only meet at clubs. Of the rest , many are not meeting till the Corona virus has gone. Read the forums and see the attitudes and view points of others.

Or only going to see a regular guy/couple

The combination of the above plus the usual difficulties single guys have under normal circumstances tells me its not going to be happening for a long time.

I'm not so paranoid regards the virus just my take the phycological effects on people.

By *inchyorksMan  over a year ago

huddersfield

Some people will dive right in, some people will wait!

I will be out visiting a few select people when we’re told we can hold hands

By *hynot3Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"We need to use a little common sense as a vaccine may be a long way off. This virus is going to be around for a very long time, and will keep resurfacing it's ugly head.

It's about taking a calculated risk. If you are fit and healthy then the risks of the virus being dangerous are relatively minimal. If you have swinging friends who you can trust reasonably well, and they've been adhering to lockdown as much as possible and you have been, then we would feel happy to meet them.

Life has to keep moving forwards."

Yeah I agree, it’s still a tough call but people just need to be careful

I'm a half full type of person not half empty, I think we will be back to normal way before the end of the year. Got to have some hope.

I genuinely do. They are starting to reopen in Europe.. or will be very shortly.

people don’t necessarily need a club to swing, just like they dont need a pub to have a drink

True .. but .. lots of couples on here only meet at clubs. Of the rest , many are not meeting till the Corona virus has gone. Read the forums and see the attitudes and view points of others.

Or only going to see a regular guy/couple

The combination of the above plus the usual difficulties single guys have under normal circumstances tells me its not going to be happening for a long time.

I'm not so paranoid regards the virus just my take the phycological effects on people."

yeah i get your points, and i definitely agree that at least some if not most people will become more cautious and therefore opportunities for new swinging experiences maybe less, but just because it will now become more difficult for you as a single guy , doesn’t mean swinging is dead

London

Not strictly true as you could transmit it before you find out you have been infected.

That’s my point, you can’t compare catching an STI with COVID. "

Yes you can, you’re missing the point.

Apparently Boris has said he thinks or wants everything back to normal by July. Then we all have to individually choose our normal

D

"Apparently Boris has said he thinks or wants everything back to normal by July. Then we all have to individually choose our normal

D"

i doubt thats true or there would be no need for a furlough extension to october

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I think sometimes we are in danger, with the help of some in government and the media of scaring ourselves to death.

Just my take on it."

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Apparently Boris has said he thinks or wants everything back to normal by July. Then we all have to individually choose our normal

D

i doubt thats true or there would be no need for a furlough extension to october"

Business's that have been told they can open, can stop furlough with 24hrs notice, gov are asking for them to try for 48hrs notice, the extension is for the business's that they dont want to open yet, some entertainment and hospitality buisness's for instance

D

i doubt thats true or there would be no need for a furlough extension to october

Business's that have been told they can open, can stop furlough with 24hrs notice, gov are asking for them to try for 48hrs notice, the extension is for the business's that they dont want to open yet, some entertainment and hospitality buisness's for instance"

but if there is business you don't want to open yet then thats surely not everything back to normal ?

some things might be more like normal by july but its all going to be phased snd will take much longer to return to “normal” if in fact we ever do at all

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

D

Business's that have been told they can open, can stop furlough with 24hrs notice, gov are asking for them to try for 48hrs notice, the extension is for the business's that they dont want to open yet, some entertainment and hospitality buisness's for instance

but if there is business you don't want to open yet then thats surely not everything back to normal ?

some things might be more like normal by july but its all going to be phased snd will take much longer to return to “normal” if in fact we ever do at all "

You have no idea that any of that is true - no idea at all.

D

some things might be more like normal by july but its all going to be phased snd will take much longer to return to “normal” if in fact we ever do at all

You have no idea that any of that is true - no idea at all. "

i have no idea if it’s phased? the government have already set out some of their plans , which are .., you got it ... not all happening at the same time

“some businesses are not allowed to reopen” - i have no idea that its true this scenario would not be the same as everything has returned to normal... really???

and i already have confirmation from my company that working in the office will never be the same for us again ... that will probably be down to cost and efficiency savings rather than the virus but its an example of how i know for some people “normal” as they knew it will never return at all

so please enlighten me where any of that was information i did not know to be true?

Cheshire/Staffs

D

i have no idea if it’s phased? the government have already set out some of their plans , which are .., you got it ... not all happening at the same time

“some businesses are not allowed to reopen” - i have no idea that its true this scenario would not be the same as everything has returned to normal... really???

and i already have confirmation from my company that working in the office will never be the same for us again ... that will probably be down to cost and efficiency savings rather than the virus but its an example of how i know for some people “normal” as they knew it will never return at all

so please enlighten me where any of that was information i did not know to be true? "

Your comments about normal and the nature of normality.

D

so please enlighten me where any of that was information i did not know to be true?

Your comments about normal and the nature of normality. "

okay so for clarity since you are being pedantic,

by normal i mean what people were used to before the virus, i am well aware that normal as a concept is forever changing and at an even faster pace now than previously

Cheshire/Staffs

D

by normal i mean what people were used to before the virus, i am well aware that normal as a concept is forever changing and at an even faster pace now than previously "

But you didn’t say that did you? You went for the drama instead.

D

by normal i mean what people were used to before the virus, i am well aware that normal as a concept is forever changing and at an even faster pace now than previously

But you didn’t say that did you? You went for the drama instead. "

what drama? i used the word normal in its most commonly accepted understanding?

its not dramatic to suggest that life after covid is going to look different to what it did before and even the elements that do end up looking the exact same will take a bit of time to get there

i very carefully worded that so as not to use this incredibly misleading concept of normal

Yes you can, you’re missing the point. "

No you can’t. 1 person can infect millions with COVID in months , an STI would take years and years .

I work with the elderly so I wont be meeting!

colchester

No you can’t. 1 person can infect millions with COVID in months , an STI would take years and years . "

Highly unlikely as they would normally get symptoms in about four days.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Right now I'm not even thinking about meets & doubt I will be for quite some time. I am however very much looking forward to the time, whenever that may be, when M & I will be able to at least cuddle again!

K

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"1 person can infect millions with COVID in months"

Really ? So how will the NHS cope ?

By *ucknswallowmeMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Thing is how are we going to meet anyone, not just on here,how you going to chat someone up in a bar from 2 meters, or even get to take them home if social distancing is still being advised after lockdown

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"We need to use a little common sense as a vaccine may be a long way off. This virus is going to be around for a very long time, and will keep resurfacing it's ugly head.

Life has to keep moving forwards."

I agree with you completely!

Can’t wait for the hotels to reopen....

hornchurch

Obviously a good topic and everyone has their own valid opinion although we will all be waiting for a definitive answer on this whether it comes in a few months or with us forever !

I hope n pray for a vaccine so that we can enjoy the life and stories of our older generations before that ship sails

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

i would trust someone i know to be more likely to cancel if they were feeling under the weather, or if they had been in contact with people that are working in high risk areas etc, way more than i would trust a stranger that just wants laid with another stranger to provide me with that same level of honesty and care "

As I mentioned at the beginning,I wouldn't be meeting till safe to do so,probably july when hospitality reopens,'probably' is at a guess,not concrete

The guys I meet privately that I've known a long time communicate very well with me,they understand it could be weeks if not months,before I meet them,they are fully aware of my job,I've come to terms with my celibacy life for a while yet

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

When there are only a tiny number of new cases being reported, then the risk will be minimal.

Cal

London

No you can’t. 1 person can infect millions with COVID in months , an STI would take years and years . "

You are way off the point. Seems like the penny hasn’t dropped and you didn’t grasp what the previous poster was saying. You probably never will by the look of it

There are many meeting even now going by statuses.

Just to put another perspective on this for both of you....

Compare the % death rate of both with someone infected by either, treatment, reinfection etc.

Question for anyone. Has there be a documented case of reinfection of Covid? Until this happens, and such data is looked at there are sooooo many unanswered questions which are just being assumed at this present time.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Not looking to meet until April 2021, and only if I'm happy with the risk assessment at that time.

Hopefully we don't have covid 20 by that time either.

Still no vaccine for SARS and that was years ago but it's basically died out, let's hope the same thing happens with covid 19

By *edditchCouple8077Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

Definitely we have the same approach.

We can hide now for years,just need to live.Mr job is base on travel around world each week so no more risk from swinging than his job for us.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Mr job is base on travel around world each week so no more risk from swinging than his job for us.

"

So when he is allowed to travel round the world again that would be a safer time to resume swinging, not before.

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

poole

Just been reading all the comments its all about common sense but what i can say is ive had the virus and there are millions of others who have had some dont know they have had it ...for the people who definitely know they have had it then i cant see a problem in those people mixing as you arnt supposed to get it again but until they have said for sure and that you cant pass it on just stay safe in mean time look at other countries like new Zealand as our nations leader advisors havnt a Scooby what they are doing

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

poole

The swob testing only works if tested in first few days or it comes back negative the blood test is the only one that works and they arnt offering that to everyone hardly anyone so if you have the symptoms for 4-5 days they tell you not to bother getting the test just isolate for 2 weeks at home so the amount of people who have had it or have it is at least triple the figures i got tested and getting over it

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

Rather predictably, the way this seems to be turning is that you're now expected to put yourself at risk if it serves business or the economy. The message is that if you can isolate and work from home, you still should, but if your job requires you to be in an office or on site, you should be commuting there. Often on public transport that makes adequate social distancing impossible.

The government only cares about the numbers and the economy. If they can get people back to work while keeping the R number below 1, that's what they'll do, and that's what they're currently experimenting with. Stuff you having a social or sex life, because that isn't serving business or the economy. Your government mandated priorities, in order, are now:

1) Playing your part getting business back up and running.

2) Trying to avoid catching the virus.

3) Any form of social or sex life.

With so many people having to expose themselves to risk for work, does it still make sense to prohibit meeting socially or for sex? Yes, those who are successfully self-isolating should probably continue to do so, in order to keep the numbers down. But once I start doing site visits again, I'll be up for meeting for again, too (albeit not through Fab, since it's still against the rules here.)

Many have still been meeting. Just look at statuses, very clearly looking meets or had a meet. They can still verify but it won't be displayed which is a strange policy. Fab should have stopped verifications all together. They allowed cam verifications and so presumably without reprogramming it left the door for meet verifications to be sent too.

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

when the lockdown is over fab will still be exactly the same, fakes pretending so there will be no risk.... Nik

Walsall

Paranoia on an epic level, all logic out of the window? The flu kills just as many but we don't go all mental over it... Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.... Nik

"Paranoia on an epic level, all logic out of the window? The flu kills just as many but we don't go all mental over it... Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.... Nik"

Ask yourself what would the flu death rate be without vaccinations? And you talk about logic?

Hear hear.

There's always going to be risk in society.

Comes at time when we will have to take a chance and come out of hiding.

This virus seems to be mostly killing off the very old and the very sick.

Those people will need to keep self-isolating as much as possible. But the rest of us are going to have to take a chance sooner or later and get things back to as normal as we can.

"Paranoia on an epic level, all logic out of the window? The flu kills just as many but we don't go all mental over it... Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.... Nik

Ask yourself what would the flu death rate be without vaccinations? And you talk about logic?"

What is the point you're trying to make?

"Paranoia on an epic level, all logic out of the window? The flu kills just as many but we don't go all mental over it... Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.... Nik"

There’s a vaccine for the seasonal flu for the weakest and most vulnerable.. having said that, 30K + deaths (just in the U.K.) in 2 months seems like a bigger number than regular deaths from flu

I’m not saying we don’t need to try go back to some sort of normality, but denying what’s been going on or saying it’s just a cold... only because you haven’t been personally affected. Is . Insane!

Public Health England doesn't record actually flu mortality, but rather it estimates them.

The there's been a steady decreasing trend in the effectiveness of the flu vaccines since 2010. In 2010/11 it was nearly 60% effective with a big dip in 2014/15 at only 19% and last year it was recorded as 29%. There's some hit and miss at calculating which strain will be prevalent and so which vaccine to stock up on.

With vaccines, the WHO say globally the death rate is between 0.1-0.2%. Be interesting in a few more weeks what the % will be for covid without a vaccine.

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

"Many have still been meeting. Just look at statuses, very clearly looking meets or had a meet. They can still verify but it won't be displayed which is a strange policy. Fab should have stopped verifications all together. They allowed cam verifications and so presumably without reprogramming it left the door for meet verifications to be sent too."

Cam verifications are a joke. The biggest problem with the verification system is that someone can cam verify another user, and that user (who's never met anyone and never will) can then mutually meet verify with someone else, probably up to the same trick.

And I don't see why you can't still do historic meet verifications. For example, I've had someone come back with a new account, I've confirmed that I've met him, but right now, I don't feel like I can give him a veri, because the whole Fab world will come down on both of us like a ton of bricks.

"Paranoia on an epic level, all logic out of the window? The flu kills just as many but we don't go all mental over it... Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.... Nik

Ask yourself what would the flu death rate be without vaccinations? And you talk about logic?

What is the point you're trying to make?"

My point is as you say the flu kills approx 300,000 a year and that's with a vaccine, because there is a vaccine we can't really do much more. Covid 19 has no vaccine as of yet so we should be doing everything in our power to protect those around us, not easing restrictions which will cause a second and third wave of the virus.

Walsall

A virus is not going to dissappear in a few months 2/4 years in circulation. So talk all ya want but face facts.. Nik

When lockdown is over i dont see it as being a green light to meet, unlocking will be a gradual process over the coming months but social distancing rules will be among the last to be relaxed, im afraid we have months to go yet before it will be safe to meet maybe even a year until next spring

I will wear a mask and get naked and just bend over you wear a mask too and condom and take me doggy style, sorted no problems

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

My point is as you say the flu kills approx 300,000 a year and that's with a vaccine, because there is a vaccine we can't really do much more. Covid 19 has no vaccine as of yet so we should be doing everything in our power to protect those around us, not easing restrictions which will cause a second and third wave of the virus."

So you're suggesting a sever lockdown for 5 to 10 years ?

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

Exactly!"

Just a thought.

If you caught an STI from a fab meet you obviously wouldn't pass it on to family but you would pass it on to your next fab meet as your not playing safe as your comment suggests.

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

The risk is the same with friends as it is with strangers. Obviously you would expect your friends to say that they were unwell but with some people not showing symptoms for up to two weeks how will we ever tell.

I enjoy swinging and have done for 8 years so I'll be out meeting again when the lockdown is over. The clubs won't be open for a while when lockdown finishes so there will be a lot of private meets happening. And most sensible people will make a judgement for themselves as to whether it's safe or not to meet. Besides, plenty are already with no side effects

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 21:31:51]

My point is as you say the flu kills approx 300,000 a year and that's with a vaccine, because there is a vaccine we can't really do much more. Covid 19 has no vaccine as of yet so we should be doing everything in our power to protect those around us, not easing restrictions which will cause a second and third wave of the virus.

So you're suggesting a sever lockdown for 5 to 10 years ? "

Who said 5-10 years? It's been less than 3 months of lockdown and if we ease the restrictions too soon which according to the news is going to happen we will get a second wave. Given time hopefully it will mutate into a less dangerous virus, MRSA and swine flu still don't have vaccines but they have either mutated to something not as deadly or basically burnt themselves out. It takes time.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Yes I will be meeting as soon as possible .....

» Add a new message to this topic