FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 14 day quarantine rules

14 day quarantine rules

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

What actually are they? Do you leave the airport and go to a facility or just be trusted to travel how ever far from the airport home via whatever means?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

North

You have to give an address so will be home address if a uk resident

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

Why all this worry over a weak little virus with a relatively small kill rate?

Logical thinking will relieve the paranoid thoughts..Nik

By *rad_ell12Man  over a year ago

Brighouse

"Why all this worry over a weak little virus with a relatively small kill rate?

Logical thinking will relieve the paranoid thoughts..Nik "

If the past month or so is anything to go by the paraniod thoughts are going to get worse, we will be in an apocalypse before long if you listen to the vast majority of folk

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why come on a virus thread

If the past month or so is anything to go by the paraniod thoughts are going to get worse, we will be in an apocalypse before long if you listen to the vast majority of folk"

As I said to the last poster...why do people come to the virus section of fab if it doesn't concern you?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Anyway Op.

You travel home and quarantine yourself for 14 days.

Not sure if you are checked on like other countries do though.

"What actually are they? Do you leave the airport and go to a facility or just be trusted to travel how ever far from the airport home via whatever means?

"

For which country?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I've deleted comments. I've also deleted comments that quoted.

Back to the op

I am not worried about the virus. I just dont want to find myself stuck away from home if I go away on holiday on my return

And yea thanks. It was for this country. As I know the places I am looking at going to wont have them when I go

kinky land

As far as I can tell. On return to the UK you go home and quarantine for 14 days. I think its too unpredictable as yet though.

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted

"As far as I can tell. On return to the UK you go home and quarantine for 14 days. I think its too unpredictable as yet though.

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted "

thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit ..

kinky land

"As far as I can tell. On return to the UK you go home and quarantine for 14 days. I think its too unpredictable as yet though.

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit .. "

Be careful with travel insurance. I've had an annual policy for years but new policies don't cover covid and cancellations some decent heat and Sun would be awesome though

We're still preparing for our summer hols, 2 weeks at home when we return will help us recover

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit ..

Be careful with travel insurance. I've had an annual policy for years but new policies don't cover covid and cancellations some decent heat and Sun would be awesome though

We're still preparing for our summer hols, 2 weeks at home when we return will help us recover "

There isn't a 14 day quarantine period in the uk

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit ..

We're still preparing for our summer hols, 2 weeks at home when we return will help us recover

There isn't a 14 day quarantine period in the uk"

there is going to be. It's been a big bone of contention for many travel firms.

the wetlands

There isn't a 14 day quarantine period in the uk there is going to be. It's been a big bone of contention for many travel firms. "

But there isn't so NOBODY knows what it will be IF it's ever introduced which I doubt

There isn't a 14 day quarantine period in the uk there is going to be. It's been a big bone of contention for many travel firms.

But there isn't so NOBODY knows what it will be IF it's ever introduced which I doubt"

it is starting in June.

North

I think if countries open up for holidays then they will get rid of the 14 day rule or no one will go on holiday

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Isolation is a waste of time unless you lock these people up in a centre as was done when people first came back from Wuan.I feel that those who will risk going abroad at this time are not likely to volunteer to be in quarenteen it is joke to be honest

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I think the government is hoping this will never actually happen. They keep pushing it down the road. People say we should have until they get a sniff of a holiday and then they will be dead against it.

The airports aren't helping themselves though, all they need to do is pay a few people to point temperature measurement devices at people as they come through arrivals and it would stop being an issue.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit .. "

Stick to Greece

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit .. Stick to Greece"

I'm planning on going to Italy. Greece is an after thought

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I think a big part of this is not only to potential prevent another outbreak across the global (regardless of my views of it), this will also make people stay in the country of their residence for holidays, which will reduce air travel and boost local economies, not a bad thing.

Many Brit's are now more familiar with the likes of Ibiza than the lake districts for example. These countries are also fed up of the antics of d*unken Brit's on holiday too.

Most folk won't be able to afford to take 3 weeks off work for a holiday either (if you can't work from home) and many work places aren't going to grant 3 week holidays once we start back up, they want you working to earn for them.

Our holiday to Netherlands will probably be cancelled because of all this...only waited 20 years to go, one more won't hurt.

"I think a big part of this is not only to potential prevent another outbreak across the global (regardless of my views of it), this will also make people stay in the country of their residence for holidays, which will reduce air travel and boost local economies, not a bad thing.

Many Brit's are now more familiar with the likes of Ibiza than the lake districts for example. These countries are also fed up of the antics of d*unken Brit's on holiday too.

Most folk won't be able to afford to take 3 weeks off work for a holiday either (if you can't work from home) and many work places aren't going to grant 3 week holidays once we start back up, they want you working to earn for them.

Our holiday to Netherlands will probably be cancelled because of all this...only waited 20 years to go, one more won't hurt. "

perhaps true but if I can go to Italy as planned this year then I will be. I kinda hope the restrictions wont happen or will be lifted before I do. But Greece and Italy will be available to travel too including from the uk.

I dont do uk holidays as they actually cost me more and I can't afford it

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

Well I cant see it lasting as today I read somewhere that the PM or one of his numpties has said it will end aometime in June.

However, the WHO are risk assessing all countries so that touris can be kick started. Most countries welcome this move. The plan is that it will only be countires where Corvic 19 is out of countrol where restrictions will apply!

No doubt Brazil is going to be one of them.

the wetlands

There isn't a 14 day quarantine period in the uk there is going to be. It's been a big bone of contention for many travel firms.

But there isn't so NOBODY knows what it will be IF it's ever introduced which I doubt it is starting in June. "

I can't see it, and even if it does how would anybody possibly know what's involved ....

"

I can't see it, and even if it does how would anybody possibly know what's involved ...."

I was asking as it's been widely publicized that it is one of the changes coming but I wasnt sure if you would be told to go home..or kept somewhere.. as quarantine to me is you dont leave the airport.

Self isolating is more what it seems I guess.

glasgow

"I think a big part of this is not only to potential prevent another outbreak across the global (regardless of my views of it), this will also make people stay in the country of their residence for holidays, which will reduce air travel and boost local economies, not a bad thing.

Our holiday to Netherlands will probably be cancelled because of all this...only waited 20 years to go, one more won't hurt. perhaps true but if I can go to Italy as planned this year then I will be. I kinda hope the restrictions wont happen or will be lifted before I do. But Greece and Italy will be available to travel too including from the uk.

I dont do uk holidays as they actually cost me more and I can't afford it "

The cost depends on how you holiday, the prices of flights, hotels etc here and abroad will rise to recover from this pandemic.

In my opinion it was ridiculous to be able to go abroad for cheaper than holidays at home, it's cheap flights available to the masses that's allowed the spread between so many countries & it's bad for the environment, I don't see it being a free for all as before.

We're still 90's style & only go abroad every 5 years or so, sometimes longer, last year was Orkney, the 3 year before we went nowhere really just day trips. Last time abroad was in 2016 and was by boat & road

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"

I can't see it, and even if it does how would anybody possibly know what's involved .... I was asking as it's been widely publicized that it is one of the changes coming but I wasnt sure if you would be told to go home..or kept somewhere.. as quarantine to me is you dont leave the airport.

Self isolating is more what it seems I guess. "

They are talking about 14 days quarantine at your home address and say they will do random checks, not sure if they will, or if they're just saying that. Supposed to start end of June. As regards Greece, they are insisting on travellers taking a test 72 hours before travelling there and producing a medical certificate on arrival. Very strict restrictions whilst you are there too. We have cancelled our July holiday to Corfu.

"

We're still 90's style & only go abroad every 5 years or so, sometimes longer, last year was Orkney, the 3 year before we went nowhere really just day trips. Last time abroad was in 2016 and was by boat & road "

I didnt even have a holiday for 22 years till 2018. Then when I looked it was cheaper to go to Europe than skegness. Cheaper to go to Rome than London.

My usual holiday is 2 or 3 destinations. I went to Milan.. then Sicily and then Malta and more recently Malta and a trip over to Italy. My planned trip towards the end of the year is Rome.. Naples then Catania x

In jan I priced up a trip for myself.. 2 kids.. my daughter in law and 3 grandkids for two weeks in Malta for this summer. All in it was 1700 .. I priced up devon for the same time and it was almost 3k.

kinky land

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit .. Stick to Greece I'm planning on going to Italy. Greece is an after thought "

Both are lovely. We did Venice year before last and loved it I

If we can't get over to the U.S then we'll have to look at Europe holidays.

Logical thinking will relieve the paranoid thoughts..Nik I am not worried about the virus. I just dont want to find myself stuck away from home if I go away on holiday on my return "

Return via France get one of them little rubber boat's, no problem then coast guards will explain everything if they see you. Most don't get caught so no isolation needed lol .

Once borders actually reopen so June 15th for main europe, I expect some clarification will be attempted thanks. I am looking at Italy and Greece to visit .. Stick to Greece I'm planning on going to Italy. Greece is an after thought

Both are lovely. We did Venice year before last and loved it I

If we can't get over to the U.S then we'll have to look at Europe holidays."

I've not been to venice yet. Was going to last year but they were hit with bad storms and floods.. then again at the end of Feb but decided to stay further south. Its definitely on my too visit list

the wetlands

"

I can't see it, and even if it does how would anybody possibly know what's involved .... I was asking as it's been widely publicized that it is one of the changes coming but I wasnt sure if you would be told to go home..or kept somewhere.. as quarantine to me is you dont leave the airport.

They are talking about 14 days quarantine at your home address and say they will do random checks, not sure if they will, or if they're just saying that. Supposed to start end of June. As regards Greece, they are insisting on travellers taking a test 72 hours before travelling there and producing a medical certificate on arrival. Very strict restrictions whilst you are there too. We have cancelled our July holiday to Corfu."

Spain said they will possibly let foreign tourists in at end June so UK will probably abandon that idea of quarantine

chelmsford

"

They are talking about 14 days quarantine at your home address and say they will do random checks, not sure if they will, or if they're just saying that. Supposed to start end of June. As regards Greece, they are insisting on travellers taking a test 72 hours before travelling there and producing a medical certificate on arrival. Very strict restrictions whilst you are there too. We have cancelled our July holiday to Corfu.

Spain said they will possibly let foreign tourists in at end June so UK will probably abandon that idea of quarantine"

Lets hope so, as it will put off many off travelling

"

Spain said they will possibly let foreign tourists in at end June so UK will probably abandon that idea of quarantine

Lets hope so, as it will put off many off travelling "

Just been watching news night and Greece have said we won't quarantine you if you don't quarantine our people, so may do deals with other counties money talks?

chelmsford

I hear all this talk of countries opening up to tourists in June, are we allowed to travel from the UK in June for our holidays?

chelmsford

"I hear all this talk of countries opening up to tourists in June, are we allowed to travel from the UK in June for our holidays?

"

We can't even travel in our own country for a holiday yet

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

"

Lets hope so, as it will put off many off travelling "

That's the whole idea

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

If you travel to Europe make sure you have decent insurance as loss of the EHIC got a step closer yesterday.

chelmsford

"If you travel to Europe make sure you have decent insurance as loss of the EHIC got a step closer yesterday. "

I doubt it will cover the virus, don't know, must check ours before we travel again

By *amagustaMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

No quarantine in the UK.

Keep calm and carry on spreading virus.

"No quarantine in the UK.

Keep calm and carry on spreading virus."

at the moment it is planned to start at the start of june if arriving in the uk.

It seems even if it does start i can just quarantine at home so its not so bad.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

company i work for is part of the travel industry 80-90% of our trade through airports rest on line.we been e mailed telling us we may be back in work end of july but prob the middle of august so why people think they gona be able to fly of places in june i have no idea.also have uncle who lives in tenerife with his spanish husband.they have been told by the authorities on the island they may start letting people from the spanish mainland back on the iskand for holidays sometime in june for those spanish who have propertys there mabey a little sooner.but have been warned it might not open to the rest of europe and the world until september time.no idea wat spanish goverment are saying but thats what the islands governors are telling the locals

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Keep calm and carry on spreading virus. at the moment it is planned to start at the start of june if arriving in the uk.

It seems even if it does start i can just quarantine at home so its not so bad."

That's true, by that time we should have sufficient testing stations in place anyway, heathrow are putting thermal test stops in place now

"company i work for is part of the travel industry 80-90% of our trade through airports rest on line.we been e mailed telling us we may be back in work end of july but prob the middle of august so why people think they gona be able to fly of places in june i have no idea.also have uncle who lives in tenerife with his spanish husband.they have been told by the authorities on the island they may start letting people from the spanish mainland back on the iskand for holidays sometime in june for those spanish who have propertys there mabey a little sooner.but have been warned it might not open to the rest of europe and the world until september time.no idea wat spanish goverment are saying but thats what the islands governors are telling the locals"
I'm not planning Spain though . I'm planning Italy and one Greece.. both of which are opening in June including to us Brits ( greece may already be open)

chelmsford

"company i work for is part of the travel industry 80-90% of our trade through airports rest on line.we been e mailed telling us we may be back in work end of july but prob the middle of august so why people think they gona be able to fly of places in june i have no idea.also have uncle who lives in tenerife with his spanish husband.they have been told by the authorities on the island they may start letting people from the spanish mainland back on the iskand for holidays sometime in june for those spanish who have propertys there mabey a little sooner.but have been warned it might not open to the rest of europe and the world until september time.no idea wat spanish goverment are saying but thats what the islands governors are telling the localsI'm not planning Spain though . I'm planning Italy and one Greece.. both of which are opening in June including to us Brits ( greece may already be open) "

Greece is not accepting British travellers until at least 31st May, to be reviewed then and are insisting on travellers having a test before they travel and producing a medical certificate

Keep calm and carry on spreading virus."

The virus is here already. You could catch it at work, supermarkets, anywhere.

I don't see the point of quarantine at all. Covid is in every country. Being on a plane in close contact with people is a risk but so are the parties/ family get togethers etc that people are having. No-one quarantines after those.

"company i work for is part of the travel industry 80-90% of our trade through airports rest on line.we been e mailed telling us we may be back in work end of july but prob the middle of august so why people think they gona be able to fly of places in june i have no idea.also have uncle who lives in tenerife with his spanish husband.they have been told by the authorities on the island they may start letting people from the spanish mainland back on the iskand for holidays sometime in june for those spanish who have propertys there mabey a little sooner.but have been warned it might not open to the rest of europe and the world until september time.no idea wat spanish goverment are saying but thats what the islands governors are telling the localsI'm not planning Spain though . I'm planning Italy and one Greece.. both of which are opening in June including to us Brits ( greece may already be open)

Greece is not accepting British travellers until at least 31st May, to be reviewed then and are insisting on travellers having a test before they travel and producing a medical certificate"

and I'm talking about July. And greece is only a consideration as my main plan is to the amalfi coast in Italy and Sicily at some point.

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

Our holiday to Netherlands will probably be cancelled because of all this...only waited 20 years to go, one more won't hurt. perhaps true but if I can go to Italy as planned this year then I will be. I kinda hope the restrictions wont happen or will be lifted before I do. But Greece and Italy will be available to travel too including from the uk.

The cost depends on how you holiday, the prices of flights, hotels etc here and abroad will rise to recover from this pandemic.

In my opinion it was ridiculous to be able to go abroad for cheaper than holidays at home, it's cheap flights available to the masses that's allowed the spread between so many countries & it's bad for the environment, I don't see it being a free for all as before.

We're still 90's style & only go abroad every 5 years or so, sometimes longer, last year was Orkney, the 3 year before we went nowhere really just day trips. Last time abroad was in 2016 and was by boat & road "

How did you enjoy your Orkney trip guys, it's one that's on our to do list sometime too

chelmsford

"company i work for is part of the travel industry 80-90% of our trade through airports rest on line.we been e mailed telling us we may be back in work end of july but prob the middle of august so why people think they gona be able to fly of places in june i have no idea.also have uncle who lives in tenerife with his spanish husband.they have been told by the authorities on the island they may start letting people from the spanish mainland back on the iskand for holidays sometime in june for those spanish who have propertys there mabey a little sooner.but have been warned it might not open to the rest of europe and the world until september time.no idea wat spanish goverment are saying but thats what the islands governors are telling the localsI'm not planning Spain though . I'm planning Italy and one Greece.. both of which are opening in June including to us Brits ( greece may already be open)

Greece is not accepting British travellers until at least 31st May, to be reviewed then and are insisting on travellers having a test before they travel and producing a medical certificate and I'm talking about July. And greece is only a consideration as my main plan is to the amalfi coast in Italy and Sicily at some point."

I realise you are talking about July, I was saying they haven't decided when they are opening to UK yet because of our infection numbers they are letting other less infected countries in first

Greece is not accepting British travellers until at least 31st May, to be reviewed then and are insisting on travellers having a test before they travel and producing a medical certificate"

That could be tricky as you should only be asking for a test at the moment in the uk, if you've already got symptoms of having it lol

chelmsford

Greece is not accepting British travellers until at least 31st May, to be reviewed then and are insisting on travellers having a test before they travel and producing a medical certificate

That could be tricky as you should only be asking for a test at the moment in the uk, if you've already got symptoms of having it lol "

Exactly , they are making it difficult for us to travel to them

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Exactly , they are making it difficult for us to travel to them "

With a little help from Priti Patel...

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I suspect that cheap air travel may never return. Many airlines were in trouble before from continually undercutting each others prices, we have seen several go bankrupt over the last few months. The remainder have got massive financial losses that need to be recovered or they will go bust also. The entire concept of mass travel across the world will be re-evaluated - the virus only spread so quickly because of air travel, and has cost thousands of billions of pounds worldwide. Money talks, and the mega-billionaires that own the world will not want to risk these sort of losses again.

So cheap foreign holidays may well be a thing of the past, global travel may become just the rich mans province. Blackpool, Bridlington and Bognor Regis for the foreseeable future for us plebs I'm afraid...

chelmsford

"Exactly , they are making it difficult for us to travel to them

With a little help from Priti Patel..."

"I suspect that cheap air travel may never return. Many airlines were in trouble before from continually undercutting each others prices, we have seen several go bankrupt over the last few months. The remainder have got massive financial losses that need to be recovered or they will go bust also. The entire concept of mass travel across the world will be re-evaluated - the virus only spread so quickly because of air travel, and has cost thousands of billions of pounds worldwide. Money talks, and the mega-billionaires that own the world will not want to risk these sort of losses again.

So cheap foreign holidays may well be a thing of the past, global travel may become just the rich mans province. Blackpool, Bridlington and Bognor Regis for the foreseeable future for us plebs I'm afraid..."

I've booked a flight now but decided to wait till October and just extend my planned trip. Got the flight for myself and my daughter for £43 there and £79 and hotel has cost me €230 for 7 days bed and breakfast so dont think thats too bad.

I for one feel better for having it booked.. it is a flexi booking and can change it for free if travel advise changes. Hotels can both be cancelled up to 2 days before. Hopefully things will be relatively normal by then.

chelmsford

Just to add plenty of info on Corfu forum, don't think I'm allowed to put link on here.

"Just to add plenty of info on Corfu forum, don't think I'm allowed to put link on here."
thanks. Greece have been all over the news in saying they want to welcome visitors back.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Our holiday to Netherlands will probably be cancelled because of all this...only waited 20 years to go, one more won't hurt. "

My sister lives in Italy, and families are being offered €500 to holiday at home.

chelmsford

"Just to add plenty of info on Corfu forum, don't think I'm allowed to put link on here. thanks. Greece have been all over the news in saying they want to welcome visitors back. "

Yes they have, just not the UK at the moment, which is why we've had to cancel our holiday.

"Just to add plenty of info on Corfu forum, don't think I'm allowed to put link on here. thanks. Greece have been all over the news in saying they want to welcome visitors back.

Yes they have, just not the UK at the moment, which is why we've had to cancel our holiday."

that wasnt what I read. They were apparently one of the few accepting brits still but I've booked Italy now. But do want to go to Athens at some point

glasgow

We're still 90's style & only go abroad every 5 years or so, sometimes longer, last year was Orkney, the 3 year before we went nowhere really just day trips. Last time abroad was in 2016 and was by boat & road

How did you enjoy your Orkney trip guys, it's one that's on our to do list sometime too "

It was great, we basically packed the camping gear & went, no plans other than boat bookings, camped at Stirling (Stirling castle), cairngorms (seen both the moon rise & the sunrise over the mountains,

Thurso via wick

spent 3 days on Orkney itself, only lost 1 day really which mostly spent finding a new tent & washing/drying sleeping bags.

Stayed on the main island, used the wettest day to do sites so it was cool in the car for the dog. visited lots of archeology sites in one day, at Skara Brae I got told off in one for showing my daughter how they made stone tools, sharp objects are a bigger issue than the practical learning apparently, I'm too short for a neolithic women & the signs say stay on the paths...they mean the slabs, however pebble paths go down into the homes, my daughter took that sign literally & was in the houses but on the paths as instructed. Rolf

Maeshowe we missed, unfortunately, forgot all about it TBH.

the Ring of Brodgar and a few others we seen though.

the last day we took a random drive went to the Italian chapel & round the coastal areas to try to see orcas, no orcas but did see lots of bird colonies.

We came home 2 days early because our dog wasn't eating, not the it dulled her spirit much. She had cancer in her jaw & It was a very good last holiday with her.

One thing for anyone planning to travel that I've found is that currently if you travel then your insurance is worthless as we are being advised to not travel. Guessing that will change when the countries officially open boarders etc...

Greece from June.. Italy from June . Spain only Spanish and then bordering nations .. but at present they are planning to have us stay in for 14 days when entering the uk.

Thanks to those that have given advice.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

How did you enjoy your Orkney trip guys, it's one that's on our to do list sometime too

It was great, we basically packed the camping gear & went, no plans other than boat bookings, camped at Stirling (Stirling castle), cairngorms (seen both the moon rise & the sunrise over the mountains,

Thurso via wick

spent 3 days on Orkney itself, only lost 1 day really which mostly spent finding a new tent & washing/drying sleeping bags.

Stayed on the main island, used the wettest day to do sites so it was cool in the car for the dog. visited lots of archeology sites in one day, at Skara Brae I got told off in one for showing my daughter how they made stone tools, sharp objects are a bigger issue than the practical learning apparently, I'm too short for a neolithic women & the signs say stay on the paths...they mean the slabs, however pebble paths go down into the homes, my daughter took that sign literally & was in the houses but on the paths as instructed. Rolf

the last day we took a random drive went to the Italian chapel & round the coastal areas to try to see orcas, no orcas but did see lots of bird colonies.

We came home 2 days early because our dog wasn't eating, not the it dulled her spirit much. She had cancer in her jaw & It was a very good last holiday with her. "

Orkney is brilliant isn't it. And have you been up to Shetland? Weather can be a bit dodgy obviously, but it is one of the most beautiful places.

Thurso via wick

We came home 2 days early because our dog wasn't eating, not the it dulled her spirit much. She had cancer in her jaw & It was a very good last holiday with her. "

Sounds like a proper road trip lol and that fun was had and yes it's the archaeology of the place that's the big attraction for us.

Didn't know about the Italian chapel though lol

Sorry to hear about your dog, but glad she had a good last trip

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I suspect that cheap air travel may never return. Many airlines were in trouble before from continually undercutting each others prices, we have seen several go bankrupt over the last few months. The remainder have got massive financial losses that need to be recovered or they will go bust also. The entire concept of mass travel across the world will be re-evaluated - the virus only spread so quickly because of air travel, and has cost thousands of billions of pounds worldwide. Money talks, and the mega-billionaires that own the world will not want to risk these sort of losses again.

So cheap foreign holidays may well be a thing of the past, global travel may become just the rich mans province. Blackpool, Bridlington and Bognor Regis for the foreseeable future for us plebs I'm afraid... I've booked a flight now but decided to wait till October and just extend my planned trip. Got the flight for myself and my daughter for £43 there and £79 and hotel has cost me €230 for 7 days bed and breakfast so dont think thats too bad.

I for one feel better for having it booked.. it is a flexi booking and can change it for free if travel advise changes. Hotels can both be cancelled up to 2 days before. Hopefully things will be relatively normal by then. "

Hopefully things will be a lot better then.

Good you have flexi tickets as well.

And probably you won’t need to quarantine when you come back as there is a lot of debate at the moment as to how to enforce that.

So It may not be implemented or even if it is implemented it may last no longer than one month - fingers crossed.

chelmsford

"Just to add plenty of info on Corfu forum, don't think I'm allowed to put link on here. thanks. Greece have been all over the news in saying they want to welcome visitors back.

Yes they have, just not the UK at the moment, which is why we've had to cancel our holiday. that wasnt what I read. They were apparently one of the few accepting brits still but I've booked Italy now. But do want to go to Athens at some point "

That is also from an English lady who runs apartments in Corfu so she's in the know

glasgow

Thurso via wick

We came home 2 days early because our dog wasn't eating, not the it dulled her spirit much. She had cancer in her jaw & It was a very good last holiday with her.

Sounds like a proper road trip lol and that fun was had and yes it's the archaeology of the place that's the big attraction for us.

Didn't know about the Italian chapel though lol

Sorry to hear about your dog, but glad she had a good last trip

"

To be far she was 11, had a good life & enjoyed being with us, I'm glad she came with us rather than being left with someone when we went, there was nothing vets could do for her so it was just a waiting game & I knew her very well to know when she said enough is enough.

The Italian chapel was built by ww2 prisoners of war when they were building the causeways, the entire thing is painted inside to the extent the bricks, slabs etc look real, the talents are amazing. Lots of warships still sitting in water up there too, half submerged.

chelmsford

BBC news,quarantine coming in to force next month and will be reviewed every 3 weeks. A few exceptions. £1000 fine if anyone is found not quarantining.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Here we go again.

chelmsford

Here we go again."

the wetlands

"BBC news,quarantine coming in to force next month and will be reviewed every 3 weeks. A few exceptions. £1000 fine if anyone is found not quarantining."

So when do they employ the 2 million staff to check lol

At least unemployment will come down

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"What actually are they? Do you leave the airport and go to a facility or just be trusted to travel how ever far from the airport home via whatever means?

"

There are no rules because its not happened,the news just take things that MAY happen and speculate.If they do go through with it im pretty sure they will publish the guidelines just like everything else.

It won’t happen , not many will stay in for two weeks and what about the family’s or partner they move in with , do they have to stay inside for two weeks ??

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i swear if they put that woman up for one more daily press briefing... it will be one too many...

so.... a) summer holidays abroad are off (unless going to ireland.... come to that in a mo!) staycations it is!!!

b) thats ya incoming overseas tourism season cancelled!!

c) exceptions.... okay ireland i get for CTA (commom travel area) reasons!! France i am not convinced about!.. i think they made that one up!!

and honestly.. if she cant even answer the question "why you waiting till june 8th just blooming do it now!!" he i think all hope is lost...

I'll be interested to see what "exceptions" are made... i am guess there will have to be one for sportspeople..... just wondering who else will get them!

North

"i swear if they put that woman up for one more daily press briefing... it will be one too many...

so.... a) summer holidays abroad are off (unless going to ireland.... come to that in a mo!) staycations it is!!!

c) exceptions.... okay ireland i get for CTA (commom travel area) reasons!! France i am not convinced about!.. i think they made that one up!!

and honestly.. if she cant even answer the question "why you waiting till june 8th just blooming do it now!!" he i think all hope is lost...

I'll be interested to see what "exceptions" are made... i am guess there will have to be one for sportspeople..... just wondering who else will get them!"

She is a silly cow

the wetlands

"i swear if they put that woman up for one more daily press briefing... it will be one too many...

I'll be interested to see what "exceptions" are made... i am guess there will have to be one for sportspeople..... just wondering who else will get them!

She is a silly cow"

Unbelievable

In the words of Priti

Hummm .. I ... Hummmm ... Think ...hummmm

chelmsford

14 days quarantine from 8th June.Expected to travel by car to final destination, your residence. Some exceptions,fruit pickers, medical staff dealing with covid patients...to be reviewed every 3 weeks and no I don't know how they will police it!

chelmsford

"It won’t happen , not many will stay in for two weeks and what about the family’s or partner they move in with , do they have to stay inside for two weeks ?? "

It sounds like it, yes..

chelmsford

There are no rules because its not happened,the news just take things that MAY happen and speculate.If they do go through with it im pretty sure they will publish the guidelines just like everything else. "

Yes they are going through with it.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

There isn't a 14 day quarantine period in the uk"

I am sure there will be at the holiday destination.

chelmsford

"BBC news,quarantine coming in to force next month and will be reviewed every 3 weeks. A few exceptions. £1000 fine if anyone is found not quarantining.

At least unemployment will come down"

Sounds like the police will do random checks...

Why do it now , when we have allowed thousands of people into the country

North

"Why do it now , when we have allowed thousands of people into the country "

Exactly

the wetlands

"BBC news,quarantine coming in to force next month and will be reviewed every 3 weeks. A few exceptions. £1000 fine if anyone is found not quarantining.

Sounds like the police will do random checks..."

A quick Google says 300 million air passengers a year, even taking less than half that would be 400000 a day so after 14 days would be 5.6 million give or take so it would be a very random check lol

I'd say the government are banking on a 20 minute test being available very very soon

Even that, can you imagine the queues

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

A quick Google says 300 million air passengers a year, even taking less than half that would be 400000 a day so after 14 days would be 5.6 million give or take so it would be a very random check lol

I'd say the government are banking on a 20 minute test being available very very soon

"

Not sure where you got those numbers from but if true they would have been from a pre covid-19 world.

How many people will want to get on a plane sitting next to who knows who?

You will have to fill out your details of where you will stay on arrival back to the UK before you even leave the UK.

If you don't do that I would imagine you don't get to leave.

Also I would think those details would need to be checked first.

The tracking app may have to be on your phone before you leave.

Maybe agree to be tagged on arrival back to the UK?

Depending where you fly there may be some sort of quarantine there.

chelmsford

"

Yes I can, which is why I'm staying at home

"Anyway Op.

Not sure if you are checked on like other countries do though. "

Police/Authorities have powers to check..any time night or day. If not where you are supposed to be...£1000 fine.

chelmsford

"Anyway Op.

Not sure if you are checked on like other countries do though.

Police/Authorities have powers to check..any time night or day. If not where you are supposed to be...£1000 fine."

Tag them all

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Apparently several countries are planning on a similar policy, goodbye any holiday abroad, and as a result , goodbye travel companiess

They cant police a lockdown properly..

This ain't gonna work

the wetlands

"They cant police a lockdown properly..

This ain't gonna work"

The omly flaw in your opinion is that lockdown is working.

chelmsford

It's a tricky one. There are those who won't travel, because they will need to go back to work after their holidays, not stay in for 14 days. They are talking about air bridges with countries that have a low infection rate, but will they want to bridge with us!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

It not financially or even practical make it work.

chelmsford

It's trying to discourage us from travelling, but I can see why they are doing it. Another big blow for the travel industry.

"It's trying to discourage us from travelling, but I can see why they are doing it. Another big blow for the travel industry."
The air and travel industry are really going to suffer more if they actually go through with this x

chelmsford

"It's trying to discourage us from travelling, but I can see why they are doing it. Another big blow for the travel industry. The air and travel industry are really going to suffer more if they actually go through with this x"

They are going to suffer and they are going through with it, from 8th June. They will review it every 3 weeks.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"It's a tricky one. There are those who won't travel, because they will need to go back to work after their holidays, not stay in for 14 days. They are talking about air bridges with countries that have a low infection rate, but will they want to bridge with us! "

Probably not

chelmsford

"It's a tricky one. There are those who won't travel, because they will need to go back to work after their holidays, not stay in for 14 days. They are talking about air bridges with countries that have a low infection rate, but will they want to bridge with us!

Probably not "

That's what I think, Babs

If we have a 14 day quarantine period surely other countries will do the same.

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

Bet it wont apply to.BoJo when he returns from the G7 summit in Washington or to his father when he returns from his holiday.

I know of friends who had their family members over when it was annouced that the schools were closing and sent their children back home with family members on their home government repat flights has they are employed in jobs which are not classed has key workers by just has important. Also the other low paid workers who have been furloughed and likewise travelled home?

No, how ever much I dislike Mr Oleary of Ryanair he has hit the nail on the head. To get anywhere from any UK airport you have to use public transport or pay silly prices for a taxi. So by the time you reach your home or where ever you could of infected others. So why bring in something that should been applied on day one?

chelmsford

"If we have a 14 day quarantine period surely other countries will do the same. "

It will be up to individual countries.

» Add a new message to this topic