FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Do you follow the "rules" in shops?

Do you follow the "rules" in shops?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arciocial OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

It appears social distancing only applies outside shops (which are open); once inside it's a free for all.

Ok, that said it's not really those rules I'm on about. It's the "clean your trolley" one. I used to, then I realised how pointless it was and that I was merely doing it due to pressure so I have now stopped.

Fact is, here we get a trolley. We head to the queue. We remain in the queue for however long. During the time in the queue, I have touched my face/phone/clothes and the trolley. So what's the point in cleaning the trolley bar after all that? Who is it helping?

If the germs can spread from my hands to face and vice versa it seems a pretty pointless expectation.

However, if the trolley was next to the cleaning station I would clean it as it will remove the previous persons contamination before I place my hands on it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My shop workers ask if you want a trolley then wipe it down before you grab it from them.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I have anti viral wipes in my bag that I use, so I don't have to touch the bottle and blue roll everyone else has already touched

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

colchester

No I still don't pay for things!

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I clean the basket handles with my own sanitizer and then head off into battle. I like to see how many aisles I can walk down the wrong way before someone tutts at me.

Last week i got as far as the dairy aisle, which is an improvement on the previous week when managed only as far as the meat aisle.

This week the target is laundry product

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"I clean the basket handles with my own sanitizer and then head off into battle. I like to see how many aisles I can walk down the wrong way before someone tutts at me.

Last week i got as far as the dairy aisle, which is an improvement on the previous week when managed only as far as the meat aisle.

"

(Grrrrrr)

"I clean the basket handles with my own sanitizer and then head off into battle. I like to see how many aisles I can walk down the wrong way before someone tutts at me.

"

only my Tesco has a one way system. X

Leicester

"

Leicester

"My shop workers ask if you want a trolley then wipe it down before you grab it from them. "

I know some places say they have already sanitised the baskets/trolleys before you get one too, my local co-op does.

Should have added this is my local Tesco, no idea what other supermarkets or Tesco's are like.

here

only my Tesco has a one way system. X"

Sainburys is the most relaxed (no one way system) - boring !

Asda - has one way system when you first walk in and quite strict up as far as bakery - thereafter quite laid back - not enough danger for my liking

Tesco - lots of arrows and signs - all the way to the checkouts. My preferred battlefield

Coop - very strict - was asked not to use the store agan

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

only my Tesco has a one way system. X

Sainburys is the most relaxed (no one way system) - boring !

Asda - has one way system when you first walk in and quite strict up as far as bakery - thereafter quite laid back - not enough danger for my liking

Tesco - lots of arrows and signs - all the way to the checkouts. My preferred battlefield

Coop - very strict - was asked not to use the store agan

"

That's the best advert for Co-Op I've ever seen

And nah. The one way system thing and queuing outside supermarkets ended with BoJos muddy speech, from what I've seen.

My Tesco is all marked out but loads of people ignore the one way system.

They have someone outside at busy times to wipe the trolleys and baskets down as you need one.

Asda.. have not been in for over a month as the queues are always too long..

Aldi .. they wipe the trolley down before you get it as you go in. No one way system

Food warehouse. Never queues to get in. No one way system. No trolley assistant. Cleaning stuff inside x

Think that's all I've been using. Only been in Sainsbury's for argos

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I take my own sanitising wipes for the shopping trolley handle, so I minimise touching anything anyone else has touched.

But they are the ones I used to wipe my arse with after my morning ‘constitutional’, because I’m keen on recycling, so I’m not sure my comment has much value in this discussion.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

[Removed by poster at 18/05/20 21:41:37]

upton wirral

I wear latex gloves

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I wear latex gloves"

Do you spit on people though? Or have you stopped?

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

"I have anti viral wipes in my bag that I use, so I don't have to touch the bottle and blue roll everyone else has already touched"

This. And I wipe the trolley before I even touch it with bare hands.

By *oe007Man  over a year ago

dublin , clare

Its Horseshit

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

"I wear latex gloves"

I hope you change gloves between touching the trolley handle and touching an item you'll be taking home.

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

"I wear latex gloves"

So your latex gover touch all the food which goes in your trolley which then goes in the car then to house how that any different to just bare hands?????

"Its Horseshit"

You touch horseshit in the shops?

upton wirral

"I wear latex gloves

Do you spit on people though? Or have you stopped?"

Does it exit you showing all what a nasty peace of work you are

"I wear latex gloves

Do you spit on people though? Or have you stopped?

Does it exit you showing all what a nasty peace of work you are"

Not sure what you mean.

You said before you spit on people. Seems like an activity that would be even worse activity during the pandemic.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I wear a mask and observe distance and directions. I touch as little as possible on the way to the shop.

I get the trolley, sanitise my hands with the sanitiser next to the cleaner, wipe down the trolley. I also wipe down the trolley and sanitise my hands at the exit cleaning station.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes, I keep to the rules if it's busy. If the shop has one way markings and it's not busy I might take a short cut to the tills. I wait in the queue when I get my trolley I wipe it myself, I don't think it's the shops responsibility. I'm not wearing a mask atm but might do soon.

here

"Yes, I keep to the rules if it's busy. If the shop has one way markings and it's not busy I might take a short cut to the tills. I wait in the queue when I get my trolley I wipe it myself, I don't think it's the shops responsibility. I'm not wearing a mask atm but might do soon."

Next time... Push the boat out, live dangerous... Don't just take a short cut... Do a full aisle the wrong direction you know you want to.

Try to but sometimes I miss the arrows in the aisles and end up going the wrong way. Shoot me. Lol.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

There are "rules"

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Not been in. I've been clicking and collecting or getting from Amazon.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Yes, I keep to the rules if it's busy. If the shop has one way markings and it's not busy I might take a short cut to the tills. I wait in the queue when I get my trolley I wipe it myself, I don't think it's the shops responsibility. I'm not wearing a mask atm but might do soon.

Next time... Push the boat out, live dangerous... Don't just take a short cut... Do a full aisle the wrong direction you know you want to.

"

Oh no....I couldn't do that

Went shopping today got the mandatory lecture by the bored guy outside on today’s dos and don’ts. Outside all calm and orderly in side usual mahem worse offenders the staff. Three of them standing chatting at the end of an aisle not two feet let alone metres apart. Then the shelf fillers who lean over you and push pass when ever they want. Slowly but surely social distancing being ignored. Have never bothered with gloves or masks don’t think they help much.

Leicester

"Went shopping today got the mandatory lecture by the bored guy outside on today’s dos and don’ts. Outside all calm and orderly in side usual mahem worse offenders the staff. Three of them standing chatting at the end of an aisle not two feet let alone metres apart. Then the shelf fillers who lean over you and push pass when ever they want. Slowly but surely social distancing being ignored. Have never bothered with gloves or masks don’t think they help much. "

Totally agree, in regards to the staff. what's the point in their plastic shielding when they don't have it all over the store or when stocking shleves etc. Also, the staff that gather the goods for click and collect or deliveries- the one way system doesn't apply to them, apparently!

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"Went shopping today got the mandatory lecture by the bored guy outside on today’s dos and don’ts. Outside all calm and orderly in side usual mahem worse offenders the staff. Three of them standing chatting at the end of an aisle not two feet let alone metres apart. Then the shelf fillers who lean over you and push pass when ever they want. Slowly but surely social distancing being ignored. Have never bothered with gloves or masks don’t think they help much. "

In my local Tesco Express we were all obeying the rules.

Out from the store room comes the nonchelant employee with the cage full of stock.

‘Stand back!’ Says I, adopting a mock ninja pose.

Sense of humour failure.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I adhere to the in store distancing, unlike a lot of muppets

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I carry a small refillable bottle of hand sanitizer. Plenty on my hands after I collect the trolley and then wipe some of it all over the handle.

Mind you may as well not bother seeing as supermarkets are full of people who;

Think there is an "m" missing from the distancing so it should be "2mm".

Think it's ok to pick up and handle all the fresh produce to find the item that's 0.1% better than the rest.

Stand in front of already handles fresh produce coughing.

Think that the arrows on the floor are pointing to the direction you have come from.

Stand in the centre of an aisle staring at a whole shelf for 5 minutes trying to remember if they wanted own brand or named cornflakes.

Meeting up with the other 5 adults from their family who just happened to be at the supermarket at the same time, even though they never spotted them standing alone in the queue as they are only allowing 1 adult per trolley in.

Love shopping me, feel like the bloke from deer hunter everytime I go.

Spend the days between shops wondering if that small cough was dry, does my head feel warm?

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I used my own reusable bag as a basket when I popped to the local little shop as there was nothing to wipe them with.

Surprisingly no one said anything to me about it.

Not set foot in a shop since April 5th though

"

Ha ha that's a pet hate of mine

I do inform people this is a one way system you know!!!!!

Not just a tut from me lol

By *ustKeepSwinging999Couple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Take wipes with me to do my trolley, and have a small antibac gel in my pocket . They only marked up 4 isles with arrows in my Asda, and you have to queue for the tills down the isles, so all a bit pointless!

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

My local Asda is a joke, was following the arrows the correct way,did this for a couple of aisles, came to one aisle cleaner scrubs the arrow off the floor.An behind her was a staff member putting down arrows pointing the other way.

By *amagustaMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Nobody follow rules in shops.

Therefore I wear a very deterrent face mask when going shopping, nobody approach to me

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

We been messing about for far too long now no one should be allowed in shops or on public transport etc with out wearing a face mask, we need to stop spreading the virus around if we going to beat it and let it die out, wearing face masks is going to cause very little inconvenience compared to lock down. Social distancing is totally impractical in busy environments

I try to follow the rules in supermarkets. However, my local Tesco (small one) has got a very confusing one way system- looks like you're only allowed to get either bread or milk in the same visit . As you can only go to the tills from the bread aisle.

Have been to Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrison's, Aldi and Home Bargains. I think Morrison's queuing system, both outside and inside, is ridiculous, especially for someone with mobility issues.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"I have anti viral wipes in my bag that I use, so I don't have to touch the bottle and blue roll everyone else has already touched

This. And I wipe the trolley before I even touch it with bare hands."

Same. Also wipe down items before putting them in my trolley

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Yup wipe the baskets for you using same cloth for 20 or so ...yup that helps spread it around x

Manchester (she/her)

"Yup wipe the baskets for you using same cloth for 20 or so ...yup that helps spread it around x"

In Manchester we've discovered these things called paper towels and bins

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I feel very guilty going against the one way signs if I forget something. Even if the aisle is clear.

Manchester (she/her)

"I feel very guilty going against the one way signs if I forget something. Even if the aisle is clear. "

The last two aisles in my local go the same way

Today went to Morrisons, two lanes outside one for people who want a basket so a quick shop the other for trollies so a big shop , the idiots in my basket lane then went and got trolleys , the workers did nothing , one inside there are arrows but no one used them , then trying to find a till to pay for the items in my basket was a nightmare, they closed off all the isles by the tills most were for trollies, the fast lane for baskets was like trying to get out of the crystal maze , never again

I try to conform to social distancing, but it fucks me off that several others don't.

I find myself wanting to walk around the shop with a big steak knife, not to actual injure people. But the would give me more than 2m distancing

Manchester (she/her)

"I try to conform to social distancing, but it fucks me off that several others don't.

I find myself wanting to walk around the shop with a big steak knife, not to actual injure people. But the would give me more than 2m distancing "

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I try to but our local supermarket, the ailes are that narrow that you literally touch each other as you walk past. There is no one way system in the shop either so people are walking backwards and forwards past each other all the time.

You can only do your best with what is provided.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes

Yes indeed we do!!

Wear masks

Follow the one way systems when in place.

Gel in hands going in and out

Gel on trolley handle or basket

Keep 1.5m away if possible.

Basically protect you to protect me.

T

» Add a new message to this topic