FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine

Vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ady Lick OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm sure there's a post about it but I can't find it so....just interested if one becomes available to the UK (I've just read that we will be the first to get it ~ don't know how true that is) would you have it?

I'm a hard no atm.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends on what the vaccine is for and can do. It may be that any vaccine becomes like the annual flu shot for the more vulnerable. Or it could become a prerequisite for travel; you certainly have to do that now with some countries and shots. Or it could be more like a one-time HPV-type shot. No-one knows yet.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

My personal choice is a no

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Going on yesterdays update and the "this may be with us for a few years to come" then don't think Gov.UK are holding out much hope for one at the moment

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Emphatically yes.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I'm sure there's a post about it but I can't find it so....just interested if one becomes available to the UK (I've just read that we will be the first to get it ~ don't know how true that is) would you have it?

I'm a hard no atm. "

well the oxford one has apparently failed to protect the monkeys as all the test subjects got covid 19. No idea which vaccine is which though

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Definitely not.

"I'm sure there's a post about it but I can't find it so....just interested if one becomes available to the UK (I've just read that we will be the first to get it ~ don't know how true that is) would you have it?

I'm a hard no atm. "

If people wanna take it

.. they can do what they want (it would be foolish but whatever)

The problem is ..if it is phased in a mandatory..

Or .. you have an option ( but really you dont cos if you dont take it,you are fucked ..they .ake it you can't do anything with out it)

Then we really are on a slippery slope..and over time ..you will see more and more rights taken away ..as they have been slowly over the last 20 years .. the totalitarian tip toe !

I will make an informed decision when the time is appropriate.

Manchester (she/her)

"I will make an informed decision when the time is appropriate. "

My emphatic yes above is based on it passing similar safety and efficacy standards as all other vaccines. In the current climate that may have to be revised, given the rush to bring something to market. However, assuming a vaccine that is to the standards of current vaccines, I will be straight in that queue.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

Or .. you have an option ( but really you dont cos if you dont take it,you are fucked ..they .ake it you can't do anything with out it)

Then we really are on a slippery slope..and over time ..you will see more and more rights taken away ..as they have been slowly over the last 20 years .. the totalitarian tip toe !"

Precisely what is foolish about vaccination?

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

Then we really are on a slippery slope..and over time ..you will see more and more rights taken away ..as they have been slowly over the last 20 years .. the totalitarian tip toe !

Precisely what is foolish about vaccination?"

Any one who rushes out to get a brand new vaccine I'm my opinion prob needs a psychiatrist first ..

But anyway..this whole covid thing is being blown out of proportion..its not the big killer they pretended/still pretending it is..

But they are still scaring people with it ..to push this agenda .. and eventually take away choise a out vaccines and other things ..

I'm not an anti vaccine..

(Before the same old cry babies o here come out shouting tin foil )

Taking a vaccine for diseases that can be eradicated polio etc 100 % with it ..

But taking a vaccine for stuff that can't be .. flu etc .. stuff your body can fight off on it's own (like 99% of people with covid can)

Seems pointless..why pump yourself with shit..you have an immune system for that ..trust it!!

So by logic ..if you take it once ..you are really gonna keep it up for the rest of your life yearly?

Half the people who go and get will get bored after 2 years

Manchester (she/her)

We don't know yet what mechanism a successful vaccine will use, and so to say that it will mutate beyond that by analogy with flu is premature.

I get a flu jab every year, and have been vaccinated beyond the schedule, including chicken pox and Gardasil.

For a disease which has caused this level of global disruption, yes I would be vaccinated every year or two if it really required it, but given the level of mutation that SARS-Covid-2 is undergoing, that might not be necessary.

What "shit" would I be pumping myself full of, and why is it bad? And how do you know it's shit, or bad, or both, when the vaccine hasn't been developed yet?

Northampton Somewhere

I haven't listened to any updates recently.

I generally think vaccination is a good thing but this virus is so new. Ok, they might have tested it but what about after effects in years to come? I've had all childhood vaccinations but as far as I'm aware they were around for many years. I also chose to have my children vaccinated against mmr etc, but, again those had been around for ages to so I obviously felt more informed.

Thanks for the opinions so far.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm a hard no atm. "

I'm not in any rush to take any type of medication, but only because I'm fit and healthy and not worried by the effects of the associated illness. On the other hand, if it was mandatory to enable international travel... I'll be first in the queue.

I certainly don't subscribe to any of the "anti-vaccine" propaganda about nanotechnology controlling your brain or tracking your every movement... that's just fantasy.

Cal

"We don't know yet what mechanism a successful vaccine will use, and so to say that it will mutate beyond that by analogy with flu is premature.

I get a flu jab every year, and have been vaccinated beyond the schedule, including chicken pox and Gardasil.

Umm ok ..you know a vaccine isn't just the proteins of the disease right ..it has to be mixed with other things.. I'm not google you can do that yourself ..but let's start with mercury

For a disease which has caused this level of global disruption, yes I would be vaccinated every year or two if it really required it, but given the level of mutation that SARS-Covid-2 is undergoing, that might not be necessary.

What "shit" would I be pumping myself full of, and why is it bad? And how do you know it's shit, or bad, or both, when the vaccine hasn't been developed yet?"

"We don't know yet what mechanism a successful vaccine will use, and so to say that it will mutate beyond that by analogy with flu is premature.

What "shit" would I be pumping myself full of, and why is it bad? And how do you know it's shit, or bad, or both, when the vaccine hasn't been developed yet?"

Has the disease really caused global disruption..

Or is it mass hysteria .. and a plan man made over reaction..to something ..that's globally hasn't really killed that many

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

Any one who rushes out to get a brand new vaccine I'm my opinion prob needs a psychiatrist first ..

But anyway..this whole covid thing is being blown out of proportion..its not the big killer they pretended/still pretending it is..

But they are still scaring people with it ..to push this agenda .. and eventually take away choise a out vaccines and other things ..

But taking a vaccine for stuff that can't be .. flu etc .. stuff your body can fight off on it's own (like 99% of people with covid can)

Seems pointless..why pump yourself with shit..you have an immune system for that ..trust it!!

So by logic ..if you take it once ..you are really gonna keep it up for the rest of your life yearly?

Half the people who go and get will get bored after 2 years "

Thing is, it's not just about what the UK does in relation to any vaccine. There might have to be a global effort to eradicate this virus, IF it is amenable to an immunological approach at all. Suppose other countries make a vaccine mandatory for travel? You could certainly see Italy and Spain being VERY sensitive to incoming travellers who were not vaccinated.

Manchester (she/her)

Umm ok ..you know a vaccine isn't just the proteins of the disease right ..it has to be mixed with other things.. I'm not google you can do that yourself ..but let's start with mercury

Mercury sounds scary until you realise that it's a miniscule dose of a less harmful type than you find in tuna.

Manchester (she/her)

What "shit" would I be pumping myself full of, and why is it bad? And how do you know it's shit, or bad, or both, when the vaccine hasn't been developed yet?

Or is it mass hysteria .. and a plan man made over reaction..to something ..that's globally hasn't really killed that many "

It's killed at least hundreds of thousands of people. Personally, call me hysterical, but I consider that kind of a big deal.

I'm a hard no

If people wanna take it

Thing is, it's not just about what the UK does in relation to any vaccine. There might have to be a global effort to eradicate this virus, IF it is amenable to an immunological approach at all. Suppose other countries make a vaccine mandatory for travel? You could certainly see Italy and Spain being VERY sensitive to incoming travellers who were not vaccinated. "

Well as it's a global agenda .. all places will give you the choise (ie no choise..cos you're fucked with out it)

But the bigger question is

... why are the few controlling the many .. and why are so many people so willing to go along with it .. it's weird

Manchester (she/her)

... maybe it's not a conspiracy, maybe it's a global threat requiring a global response?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

No

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"... maybe it's not a conspiracy, maybe it's a global threat requiring a global response?"

Stop talking sense... the internet is no place for this kind of rational thought

Manchester (she/her)

"... maybe it's not a conspiracy, maybe it's a global threat requiring a global response?

Stop talking sense... the internet is no place for this kind of rational thought "

Maybe someone will hear if I keep talking

"... maybe it's not a conspiracy, maybe it's a global threat requiring a global response?"

Maybe but all these global threats wars etc you name it

.all seem to be made by the same.e people

Manchester (she/her)

"... maybe it's not a conspiracy, maybe it's a global threat requiring a global response?

.all seem to be made by the same.e people "

There's compelling genetic evidence that Covid-19 arose from a bat virus or something close to it that was found in a cave in China in 2013 (very close genetically, no evidence for human interference), and the measures we're taking for infection control in some ways date back to the Black Plague, potentially even before that.

... Humanity failed to take the warnings from SARS 1 and H1N1 and now we're paying for it.

I see no evidence of conspiracy.

.all seem to be made by the same.e people

There's compelling genetic evidence that Covid-19 arose from a bat virus or something close to it that was found in a cave in China in 2013 (very close genetically, no evidence for human interference), and the measures we're taking for infection control in some ways date back to the Black Plague, potentially even before that.

... Humanity failed to take the warnings from SARS 1 and H1N1 and now we're paying for it.

I see no evidence of conspiracy. "

Didn't say it was a conspiracy did I?

I said the same people cause the problems ..

They make the wars

They ignore famine

They dont take warning from past diseases

No conspiracy there?

But while we ate on that ..just think for 1 min ..

The info you just gave us ..

Who gave out that info ?

Could it be the same forces that have caused the aforementioned things above ..

Or the scientists that are paid by these same forces?

Like anything...funding etc Grants for research ..it only gets the funding is given the ok ..by whom?..I'll let you fill in the blank

Partly because I have an office in Harwell and partly because I do business with UKRI I pay particular attention to press releases.

So far what I have learned is that VMIC in Harwell is:

a) non profit (so rumours about only the rich getting vaccines don't apply)

b) think the will have enough for the entire UK population by September.

As for the trials on primates my understanding was that the primates got the COVID-19 but that it was only active in the nasal passages and didn't go to any of their lungs.

If we have a vaccine which allows the virus to spread but not do any damage then that sounds like a good deal to me.

Manchester (she/her)

Those in power have much to answer for. That doesn't mean that they're evil, maybe just incompetent, or regular bad.

... money tends to come from people with money, who also tends to be people with power. How else would you do it?

This is sounding a little too divorced from reality for my liking.

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Are you claiming this is a man made virus?

What evidence is there for this?

Manchester (she/her)

"Partly because I have an office in Harwell and partly because I do business with UKRI I pay particular attention to press releases.

So far what I have learned is that VMIC in Harwell is:

a) non profit (so rumours about only the rich getting vaccines don't apply)

b) think the will have enough for the entire UK population by September.

As for the trials on primates my understanding was that the primates got the COVID-19 but that it was only active in the nasal passages and didn't go to any of their lungs.

If we have a vaccine which allows the virus to spread but not do any damage then that sounds like a good deal to me."

Agreed.

Manchester (she/her)

"Are you claiming this is a man made virus?

What evidence is there for this? "

None.

By *aughtyandhandsomeMan  over a year ago

button moon nr cheadle

I think it will become something the same as the annual flu jab and just be given to the more vulnerable. Purely because most people can get over it easy enough

Torquay

"...

They make the wars

They ignore famine

No conspiracy there?

Who gave out that info ?

Like anything...funding etc Grants for research ..it only gets the funding is given the ok ..by whom?..I'll let you fill in the blank "

For the lizards controlling world leaders to cause famine and drought, they are doing a god awful job.... hahaha

There have never been so many people alive and they've never been so rich or lived so long!

Bastards those lizard people! Hahaha.

"...

They make the wars

They ignore famine

No conspiracy there?

Who gave out that info ?

Like anything...funding etc Grants for research ..it only gets the funding is given the ok ..by whom?..I'll let you fill in the blank

For the lizards controlling world leaders to cause famine and drought, they are doing a god awful job.... hahaha

There have never been so many people alive and they've never been so rich or lived so long!

Bastards those lizard people! Hahaha. "

Don't remember saying anything about lizards..but this seems to be the default response..from people have have been made to think ..just a little but harder about the world around them ..

It's ok thinking hurts .. you're not up to it..

Go back to hiding and being a good sheep

Blimey! Saying stuff like that anyone would be led to believe you're sane, intelligent & rational - a rarity round here lol.

To everyone (nutjobs IMHO) claiming there's a conspiracy I'd ask this: if there IS a conspiracy, what are its goals? Ooo they say they wanna enslave us all? Got some news for them... We already ARE slaves (sheeple!). To money, to the media (who fucking needs 5g mind control rays when we've already got tabloid newspapers & loonies like bloody David Icke on social media), to our own habits.... The majority of the world's population are just cogs in the machinery of chasing money & have been for a very long time lol.

As for a vaccine, I won't be rushing out to get it until it's proven safe enough and effective. Where I draw the line though, that's up for debate

Manchester (she/her)

... it also seems to be a common response among conspiracy theorists that they're the only ones thinking or awake. I'm afraid that just isn't so. Motivated reasoning isn't a heightened intellectual response, it's just looking for what you want to see.

Northampton Somewhere

I'm a hard no atm.

I'm not in any rush to take any type of medication, but only because I'm fit and healthy and not worried by the effects of the associated illness. On the other hand, if it was mandatory to enable international travel... I'll be first in the queue.

I certainly don't subscribe to any of the "anti-vaccine" propaganda about nanotechnology controlling your brain or tracking your every movement... that's just fantasy.

Cal"

Yes, it is. I can't believe that some people actually believe that stuff!

Manchester (she/her)

I take a medication every day of my life to survive. Have done for 20+ years. Will do for the hopefully 30+ years I'm still alive and kicking. Those hesitant to take a single medical dose of something once (outside anti vaxx and related fears) genuinely baffle me.

"I take a medication every day of my life to survive. Have done for 20+ years. Will do for the hopefully 30+ years I'm still alive and kicking. Those hesitant to take a single medical dose of something once (outside anti vaxx and related fears) genuinely baffle me."

I can kind of relate to anybody who doesn't trust drug companies 100%. That industry, especially in the US where a lot of the anti-vax movement started doesn't have the cleanest of records. Mistakes have been made, corners were cut in the name of profits & scandals hushed up.

We've had Thalidomide & all sorts of drugs go badly wrong - but does that mean we should naturally mistrust ALL drugs from ALL companies & authorities? No, but apparently some people think so.

There are potential downsides to many drugs & vaccines - and in lots of cases even contradictory side effects (may cause sleep loss. May cause drowsiness. May worsen depression.. may alleviate depression...). There's a lot we still don't 100% understand, and apparently still a lot of docs taking backhanders from drug companies. That's why some people have no truck with the medical drug industry. Is it all reasonable & well informed? Haha nope & that's a big problem.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Nope

Manchester (she/her)

"I take a medication every day of my life to survive. Have done for 20+ years. Will do for the hopefully 30+ years I'm still alive and kicking. Those hesitant to take a single medical dose of something once (outside anti vaxx and related fears) genuinely baffle me.

I can kind of relate to anybody who doesn't trust drug companies 100%. That industry, especially in the US where a lot of the anti-vax movement started doesn't have the cleanest of records. Mistakes have been made, corners were cut in the name of profits & scandals hushed up.

We've had Thalidomide & all sorts of drugs go badly wrong - but does that mean we should naturally mistrust ALL drugs from ALL companies & authorities? No, but apparently some people think so.

There are potential downsides to many drugs & vaccines - and in lots of cases even contradictory side effects (may cause sleep loss. May cause drowsiness. May worsen depression.. may alleviate depression...). There's a lot we still don't 100% understand, and apparently still a lot of docs taking backhanders from drug companies. That's why some people have no truck with the medical drug industry. Is it all reasonable & well informed? Haha nope & that's a big problem."

For sure. I'm not saying yay big pharma, either. Absolutely not! But the default to "I'm not taking medicine" is too far.

Ultimately I put my trust in the scientific process to root out these sorts of issues. Not companies, not professional bodies, not individual scientists or doctors - the research process which is designed to put the process on display and be picked apart.

Do you know what chemicals are in the shots we had last night? Do you know what chemicals are in the smoke we inhale into our lungs?

We do so many things every day that at bad for our health and don't give them a second thought. But we will question to death a solution which has probably had more money thrown at it in three months than any other medical solution in history.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Did not find one for the sars virus ...so don't hold ya breath

Manchester (she/her)

"Do you know what chemicals are in the shots we had last night? Do you know what chemicals are in the smoke we inhale into our lungs?

We do so many things every day that at bad for our health and don't give them a second thought. But we will question to death a solution which has probably had more money thrown at it in three months than any other medical solution in history. "

Agreed.

There's acceptable levels of poo allowed in our food. There's mercury in tuna. There's radiation in bananas. Why is this picked apart for special attention as scary?

Most vaccine adverse events are mild; serious injuries and deaths caused by vaccines are very rare, and the idea that severe events are common has been classed as a "common misconception about immunization" by the World Health Organization. Some claimed vaccine injuries are not, in fact, caused by vaccines; for example, there is a subculture of advocates who attribute their children’s autism to vaccine injury, despite the fact that vaccines do not cause autism - Wikipedia

In a Sparkly Dress

"Do you know what chemicals are in the shots we had last night? Do you know what chemicals are in the smoke we inhale into our lungs?

We do so many things every day that at bad for our health and don't give them a second thought. But we will question to death a solution which has probably had more money thrown at it in three months than any other medical solution in history. "

Personally yes, I want to see more research into it before I would allow any drug into my body, I can weigh up the side effects and make my own decisions based on the scientific facts

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

"Yes, it is. I can't believe that some people actually believe that stuff!:

SgNg said:

"But the bigger question is

... why are the few controlling the many .. and why are so many people so willing to go along with it .. it's weird"

"Maybe but all these global threats wars etc you name it

.all seem to be made by the same.e people"

"Like anything...funding etc Grants for research ..it only gets the funding is given the ok ..by whom?..

I'll let you fill in the blank"

"

He means Jews. He won't say it, obviously, but when these conspiracy types talk of a shadowy cabal of people secretly controlling the world, starting wars etc, for their own end, they generally mean Jews.

It's what Jeremy Corbyn means when he refers to global financiers, or the Ickies when they talk of lizard people. It's a bit pathetic really, isn't it? Why don't they say what they mean?

Do they fear scorn and ridicule. How very sheeple of them.

We do so many things every day that at bad for our health and don't give them a second thought. But we will question to death a solution which has probably had more money thrown at it in three months than any other medical solution in history.

Personally yes, I want to see more research into it before I would allow any drug into my body, I can weigh up the side effects and make my own decisions based on the scientific facts "

If there were half as many people doing research for twice as long would you be more trusting?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Right now no , unless required for travel or life assurance, in 10 years maybe

I wouldnt either yet, anything they come up with in the next few months will just be a rush job.

I suspect there will never be one as this begins to peter out over the years, the panic will be over and the funding will be pulled as no-one will ever make money from it.

Definitely yes

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

I absolutely will have it. Vaccinations are overwhelming safe and have saved millions of lives in human history.

And here's the usual reminder: some people can't have vaccinations for medical reasons. If you out of choice refuse a vaccination, you're lowering the chances of achieving herd immunity and putting them at risk.

In a Sparkly Dress

Personally yes, I want to see more research into it before I would allow any drug into my body, I can weigh up the side effects and make my own decisions based on the scientific facts

If there were half as many people doing research for twice as long would you be more trusting?"

No, I just want to be able to choose if the side effects are an acceptable risk for me

Manchester (she/her)

"I absolutely will have it. Vaccinations are overwhelming safe and have saved millions of lives in human history.

And here's the usual reminder: some people can't have vaccinations for medical reasons. If you out of choice refuse a vaccination, you're lowering the chances of achieving herd immunity and putting them at risk.

"

Well said

What did the body do before doctors against something that fought against immune system... They fought against it. Keep busy and healthy ones of age take all vitimins and zinc. No to masks

why believe everything on the news... just they are winging it. Look after older ones... i know alot who have had the virus and been fine.... knowone knows how much covid levels everyone has in the body. With other really bad health but came past it. Eat healthy and active and dont be stuck in one room thinking the worse and its going to all end

The way it has been treated worldwide has been poor and terrible in uk esp.

Also if i had lost someone from another illness i would greave and not try and say it was a heart attack.NOT covid what do i get out of it nothing. Point is the numbers all not right. Cant cover up a balls up to get a vaccine.

I have not been reading facebook or general scare mongering news with the time of work i have approached it with open mind.

Also to say if you get past virus you get it against is simply not true.

How can a vaccine that has not been tested safe be good to use. by someone who is not skilled at that field.

Keep healthy and spirits up people

i would say no never to a vaccine on this.

Manchester (she/her)

"What did the body do before doctors against something that fought against immune system... They fought against it. Keep busy and healthy ones of age take all vitimins and zinc. No to masks

why believe everything on the news... just they are winging it. Look after older ones... i know alot who have had the virus and been fine.... knowone knows how much covid levels everyone has in the body. With other really bad health but came past it. Eat healthy and active and dont be stuck in one room thinking the worse and its going to all end

The way it has been treated worldwide has been poor and terrible in uk esp.

Also if i had lost someone from another illness i would greave and not try and say it was a heart attack.NOT covid what do i get out of it nothing. Point is the numbers all not right. Cant cover up a balls up to get a vaccine.

I have not been reading facebook or general scare mongering news with the time of work i have approached it with open mind.

Also to say if you get past virus you get it against is simply not true.

How can a vaccine that has not been tested safe be good to use. by someone who is not skilled at that field.

Keep healthy and spirits up people

i would say no never to a vaccine on this. "

Before modern medicine our lives were miserable and short.

"I absolutely will have it. Vaccinations are overwhelming safe and have saved millions of lives in human history.

"

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

I would. But don't pin your hopes on a vaccine, more and more experts are saying a vaccine is unlikely each day.

Torquay

"...

Bastards those lizard people! Hahaha.

Don't remember saying anything about lizards..but this seems to be the default response..from people have have been made to think ..just a little but harder about the world around them ..

It's ok thinking hurts .. you're not up to it..

Go back to hiding and being a good sheep "

Hahaha, unfortunately I'm a very free thinker.

So let's be clear what you are complaining about then?

Ignoring famines? But more people alive then any other time in history.!

Controlling health through vaccines? But people live longer than at any time in history!

What exactly are you bleating on about? Baaaaaa Hahaha.

"

Would you have one if there is one ready in a few months. I am all for vaccination and usually get the flu jab every year, which you just expect to trust, but feel anything they put out just yet wont have been properly trialled or tested, but accept that with the annual flu jab I get all sort of other undesirables along with the good stuff too so maybe not to worry?

Yes i would take it.

"I would. But don't pin your hopes on a vaccine, more and more experts are saying a vaccine is unlikely each day. "

I keep reading this too, they didnt manage for previous coronaviruses so perhaps not this one either.

Manchester (she/her)

Would you have one if there is one ready in a few months. I am all for vaccination and usually get the flu jab every year, which you just expect to trust, but feel anything they put out just yet wont have been properly trialled or tested, but accept that with the annual flu jab I get all sort of other undesirables along with the good stuff too so maybe not to worry? "

There will be reliable documentation about the safety and efficacy standards met by a vaccine. These will need to be scrutinised by the people who understand them.

That's the process I'm putting my trust in.

the body has loads of viruses. Also the covid has been said to be like a stage 4 when in fact its level 1.

I am not for a virus on a flu type. More than able to fight it of with no other health issues. I would say some people be more safe.

But for everyone to sit around at home and worry about everything and all doom and gloom i dont accept.

Sure my point was no to doctors and all that but against the systoms and affects of covid the body of younger people would be fine.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Or is it mass hysteria .. and a plan man made over reaction..to something ..that's globally hasn't really killed that many

It's killed at least hundreds of thousands of people. Personally, call me hysterical, but I consider that kind of a big deal."

These folk who say it's not as bad as they say. Have they wondered how many would be dead and how bad it would have really been if the world hadn't reacted with lock down. Vaccination is always a step in the right direction in our opinion

https://youtu.be/adj8MCsZKlg

Please tell me after listening to this 2 min clip of the chief medical officer why on earth you, i or anybody would want to take any kind of vaccine for this except for many the extreme vulnerable.

"https://youtu.be/adj8MCsZKlg

Please tell me after listening to this 2 min clip of the chief medical officer why on earth you, i or anybody would want to take any kind of vaccine for this except for many the extreme vulnerable.

"

Maybe* not many

By *rbrooksMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"

These folk who say it's not as bad as they say. Have they wondered how many would be dead and how bad it would have really been if the world hadn't reacted with lock down. Vaccination is always a step in the right direction in our opinion "

We don't yet know how many will die as a result of the lockdown

Manchester (she/her)

"https://youtu.be/adj8MCsZKlg

"

Because I don't know it won't harm me. And I don't want to harm or kill vulnerable people.

Torquay

"

These folk who say it's not as bad as they say. Have they wondered how many would be dead and how bad it would have really been if the world hadn't reacted with lock down. Vaccination is always a step in the right direction in our opinion "

Well it would be around 2.5% of 65 million.

But then we must say that very few would have been in the productive part of the economy.

75% of deaths would probably have been in over 70's and nearing the ends of their natural lives anyway.

So it really depends how you are measuring it's impact.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

Then we really are on a slippery slope..and over time ..you will see more and more rights taken away ..as they have been slowly over the last 20 years .. the totalitarian tip toe !"

Oh FFS this is about finding a cure for a virus that's killing hundreds of thousands of people not your political agenda.

Nope

Definitely not

Manchester (she/her)

"

These folk who say it's not as bad as they say. Have they wondered how many would be dead and how bad it would have really been if the world hadn't reacted with lock down. Vaccination is always a step in the right direction in our opinion

But then we must say that very few would have been in the productive part of the economy.

75% of deaths would probably have been in over 70's and nearing the ends of their natural lives anyway.

So it really depends how you are measuring it's impact. "

That's... really horrific. I know and love a lot of these older people. I'm sorry they're not working, but they still live, laugh, love, and are of value.

This pandemic has brought out some truly disgusting views in people.

NOOOOOOO!!

no to vaccine and/or rfid chip

I get the flu vaccine every year due to being in the 'vulnerable' group (asthma, diabetes, prone to chest infections) and I firmly believe that on a couple of occasions it has prevented me from catching flu.

If a vaccine for COVID-19 came out, the decision to take it would be determined after talking with my doctor, but I am leaning towards yes. Even if it's not 100%, even if I have to have it every year... if it stops me dying an awful death from pneumonia, I'll chance it.

Torquay

"

That's... really horrific. I know and love a lot of these older people. I'm sorry they're not working, but they still live, laugh, love, and are of value.

This pandemic has brought out some truly disgusting views in people."

Steady on, I was asking how you measure the impact.

A million or two pensioners dying a few years before their time is very upsetting if you know them.

But a 40% reduction in our economy, caused by a prolonged lock down period would be absolutely catastrophic for all of us for the next 30 years!

It's just a grown up discussion. xx

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

Oh FFS this is about finding a cure for a virus that's killing hundreds of thousands of people not your political agenda."

Manchester (she/her)

"

Steady on, I was asking how you measure the impact.

A million or two pensioners dying a few years before their time is very upsetting if you know them.

But a 40% reduction in our economy, caused by a prolonged lock down period would be absolutely catastrophic for all of us for the next 30 years!

It's just a grown up discussion. xx"

I'm not sure what's grown up about saying "it's ok for these other people to die"

By *rbrooksMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"

This pandemic has brought out some truly disgusting views in people."

And its brought out the views of many that economies dont matter

Torquay

"

And its brought out the views of many that economies dont matter"

Hahaha, so true.

Usually by those who have little understanding of how fortunate they are to live in a country with an economy that is able to support and care for them.

Many seem to think that their western lifestyle is a god given right.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope I won’t be having any vaccine

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

Oh puhlease.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Absolutely not. I'll add that any mandate to enforce compulsory vaccination should be considered medical tyranny.

I'm a hard no atm. "

I completely agree with the stiff no.

Has anyone listened to Dr Rashid Buttar on the matter? If not, grab yourself another perception

"the body has loads of viruses. Also the covid has been said to be like a stage 4 when in fact its level 1.

I am not for a virus on a flu type. More than able to fight it of with no other health issues. I would say some people be more safe.

But for everyone to sit around at home and worry about everything and all doom and gloom i dont accept.

Sure my point was no to doctors and all that but against the systoms and affects of covid the body of younger people would be fine.

"

Your first two paragraphs need elaborating.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Absolutely not. I'll add that any mandate to enforce compulsory vaccination should be considered medical tyranny."

Too right. Let's not allow them to vaccinate us all like they did with smallpox. The bast**ds. So much better if they had allowed that to still be virilant huh. Medical tyranny at its worse

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

I'm a hard no atm. well the oxford one has apparently failed to protect the monkeys as all the test subjects got covid 19. No idea which vaccine is which though "

It essentially has turned a potentially fatal disease into a relatively mild infection. I’d call that a success personally and they haven’t concluded their work yet.

Cheshire/Staffs

"I would. But don't pin your hopes on a vaccine, more and more experts are saying a vaccine is unlikely each day. "

No, they’re really not saying that

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Absolutely not. I'll add that any mandate to enforce compulsory vaccination should be considered medical tyranny."
If you do not have it would you deserve to be treated in hospital if you get it?

I'm a hard no atm. well the oxford one has apparently failed to protect the monkeys as all the test subjects got covid 19. No idea which vaccine is which though

It essentially has turned a potentially fatal disease into a relatively mild infection. I’d call that a success personally and they haven’t concluded their work yet. "

At the moment I believe there are something like 70 different trials going on around the world, at least 16 have been successful.

Cheshire/Staffs

I'm a hard no atm. well the oxford one has apparently failed to protect the monkeys as all the test subjects got covid 19. No idea which vaccine is which though

It essentially has turned a potentially fatal disease into a relatively mild infection. I’d call that a success personally and they haven’t concluded their work yet.

At the moment I believe there are something like 70 different trials going on around the world, at least 16 have been successful. "

Indeed - but tell that to those who love the drama of a ‘killer virus’.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/covid-coronavirus-vaccine-latest-news-uk-trials/

Well here's the latest news...

It takes 2/3 year's to test a vaccine so it's safe. Not sure I would want shit pumped into my cells that had not been fully tested.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"I would. But don't pin your hopes on a vaccine, more and more experts are saying a vaccine is unlikely each day.

No, they’re really not saying that "

Not what i have heard or read. Its even on sky news where a scientist has said we will have to live with covid-19 for the rest of our lives.

I'm a hard no

If people wanna take it

Thing is, it's not just about what the UK does in relation to any vaccine. There might have to be a global effort to eradicate this virus, IF it is amenable to an immunological approach at all. Suppose other countries make a vaccine mandatory for travel? You could certainly see Italy and Spain being VERY sensitive to incoming travellers who were not vaccinated.

Well as it's a global agenda .. all places will give you the choise (ie no choise..cos you're fucked with out it)

But the bigger question is

... why are the few controlling the many .. and why are so many people so willing to go along with it .. it's weird

"

Cheshire/Staffs

"I would. But don't pin your hopes on a vaccine, more and more experts are saying a vaccine is unlikely each day.

Not what i have heard or read. Its even on sky news where a scientist has said we will have to live with covid-19 for the rest of our lives. "

He didn’t say that though, did he? He said it would become normal and part of life. But you thought you’d dramatise it.

Stop talking sense... the internet is no place for this kind of rational thought

Maybe someone will hear if I keep talking "

Spot on! Agenda 21 in full swing soon!

And in response the sheeps outway the others

I would take the vaccine only if it gave me superpowers and also fly like a bird.

Manchester (she/her)

"

And its brought out the views of many that economies dont matter

Hahaha, so true.

Usually by those who have little understanding of how fortunate they are to live in a country with an economy that is able to support and care for them.

Many seem to think that their western lifestyle is a god given right.

"

If I've ever said "let the economy burn to save a few people", then mea culpa. I don't believe I have.

Societies are made up of people. Are made to improve the lives of people. We find a balance.

By *umpkinPie69Couple  over a year ago

manchester

Last time I checked I wasn't a Lizard....what a bunch of c***s

Funnily enough I'm not a Corbyn fan.

"Yes, it is. I can't believe that some people actually believe that stuff!:

SgNg said:

"But the bigger question is

... why are the few controlling the many .. and why are so many people so willing to go along with it .. it's weird"

"Maybe but all these global threats wars etc you name it

.all seem to be made by the same.e people"

"Like anything...funding etc Grants for research ..it only gets the funding is given the ok ..by whom?..

I'll let you fill in the blank"

He means Jews. He won't say it, obviously, but when these conspiracy types talk of a shadowy cabal of people secretly controlling the world, starting wars etc, for their own end, they generally mean Jews.

It's what Jeremy Corbyn means when he refers to global financiers, or the Ickies when they talk of lizard people. It's a bit pathetic really, isn't it? Why don't they say what they mean?

Do they fear scorn and ridicule. How very sheeple of them. "

Not what i have heard or read. Its even on sky news where a scientist has said we will have to live with covid-19 for the rest of our lives.

He didn’t say that though, did he? He said it would become normal and part of life. But you thought you’d dramatise it. "

If that was true then why are we pumping millions into developing a vaccine.

This just propaganda put out by a fraternity of people want to justify their need to go back to pubs even if it means peole must die for it.

No to the vaccine, no need for it.

The propaganda has come from the media and Government and it's been designed to scare the crap out of everyone.

Torquay

"I would take the vaccine only if it gave me superpowers and also fly like a bird."

A bat maybe more appropriate.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

We probably will but not yet!! A vaccine rushed this quickly I want to know it's safe before I have it. Also I'd prefer antibodies testing first. If my immune system is equipped then I dont feel I'll need it.

Interesting I was reading the other day. They dont know why but they THINK someone who's had the BCG TB vaccine is 6 times less likely to get covid19 and if they do its normally mild. Which is odd seeings as we think we had it. I had a cough and anosmia hubby had a tempt and that was about it other than his chest being a little tight and him needing to up the ventolin for a day or 2. Both have had BCGs. Over 70s havent been vaccinated and they have been hit harder... interesting.

But yes if required I'll have it as long as its fully safety tested.

I've had all my vaccines plus some extras when I was at uni for healthcare degree. On that note my hep B needs its booster this year

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

No doubt a virus will come about.

The long term and side effects of which we yet to see.

Another roll of the dice.

BBC Horizon special this evening pretty much summed it up.

Fuck me, the tin foil hat brigade are out in force here! piss away off to America with the rest of the idiots and take your conspiracies with you lmao

Northampton Somewhere

"Fuck me, the tin foil hat brigade are out in force here! piss away off to America with the rest of the idiots and take your conspiracies with you lmao "

I know! All I wanted was a yes or no

By *londenewcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

Click bait conspiracy theories. The irony is that people think they are informed and opening their eyes whereas actually they are lining the pockets of the real charlatans.

Manchester (she/her)

"Click bait conspiracy theories. The irony is that people think they are informed and opening their eyes whereas actually they are lining the pockets of the real charlatans. "

"Fuck me, the tin foil hat brigade are out in force here! piss away off to America with the rest of the idiots and take your conspiracies with you lmao

I know! All I wanted was a yes or no "

You wanted a yes or no and what did you get??

Trump supporters lmao

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I would very, very seriously consider having it, as it may be a lifesaver for me or someone I may pass the virus on to. I may also help many by helping to create herd immunity here. I travel a lot too, so it may help others that I may carry the virus to. It should be available to the most vulnerable first, I'd be uncomfortable having it before them.

But I'd focus on the details of it, reading the scientific research evidence for it. I'd be interested in the alternative vaccines that may be shortly available and comparisons between them. I'd want to know if having a poorer one earlier could limit my health prospects, a little like there has been shown some conflict between multiple flu shots - though I'm not up to date on this.

Overall, very interested

By *izzie and VictorCouple  over a year ago

worcestershire

Those that are saying no, just wondering what your reasons are?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I would be happy to use a properly developed and tested vaccine. I already get the annual flu vaccine, ever since having had real influenza twenty years ago - that was seriously scary. I would want to have transparency about the development process though and to know that it wasn't just some muck thrown together by a get-rich-quick merchant - if it has a Trump (tm) marking anywhere in its pedigree then it is definitely not going in my veins. Bleach? No thank you.

If it comes down to the choice between catching covid-19 (probability of killing me around the 1% mark) or taking a tested vaccine (probability of killing me way smaller) then I'll have the vaccine please.

I'm a hard no atm.

If people wanna take it

So you think its a conspiracy and it doesnt exist? Is that what you are saying? I be sure to tell my friends who have had it one being 23 and others in 40 s. Plus the thousands that have died. Maybe they were all murdered and they didnt get the imaginary COVID19. Interesting

Northampton Somewhere

"Fuck me, the tin foil hat brigade are out in force here! piss away off to America with the rest of the idiots and take your conspiracies with you lmao

Trump supporters lmao "

They have long since discovered an antibody in a patient who had SARS 17 years ago. The antibody completely neutralises the new Coronavirus.

By *ilks123Man  over a year ago

wf1

"Emphatically yes."

"They have long since discovered an antibody in a patient who had SARS 17 years ago. The antibody completely neutralises the new Coronavirus. "

https://www.livescience.com/sars-antibody-inhibits-new-coronavirus.html

Trump supporters lmao

"

Don’t look at me in that tone of voice! Haha

They’re obviously idiots and my assumption was that due to that level of stupidity they must also believe trump is doing a “phenomenal jerrrb” across the pond lmao

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

No. I don't think there will be s vaccine.

However if there is one within 5 years it won't have been properly tested. Plus I've had an immune system thing that's known in some cases to be related to a badly tested/designed flu vaccine.

By *ittleMissSexy2017Couple  over a year ago

Kent

Won’t take it? Shouldn’t be forced on people? Lack of Liberty? It’s wrong?

This sounds exactly like people when Jenner discovered the vaccine to smallpox in 1796...some things never change....well at least people don’t seem to think they’ll turn into bats

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And here we have it..

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/21/matt-hancock-hints-coronavirus-vaccinations-compulsory-12740982/

"And here we have it..

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/21/matt-hancock-hints-coronavirus-vaccinations-compulsory-12740982/

"

I wouldn't worry about that yet, a) they have to create the vaccine, b) they have to produce it in enormous numbers which will be expensive.

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

no. I no longer watch the news so not fully aware with all the updates over it. The last I heard it will be similar to the flu vaccine, a dose injected to build up your immune system-I don't have the flu vaccine and not considered vulnerable so would prefer the expense went on those who actually need it.

Put me down for it.

Unless immune from having it as GP seems to think I probably have. Note on my file to have antibody test once that goes live. Already been turned down as a vaccine test patient.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Whilst not opposed to vaccines, I am opposed to compulsory ones as we should be allowed to make informed choices. I for one, will not having it.

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

Vaccine won't be available for some time yet, it takes lots of time to develop one, so I would not hope for it any time soon, and then depends from which company do it and how much they will charge for it, rather doubt it will be free, either we have to buy it or government will out of our taxes

Given that the virus has failed Koch's postulates in every study. Its yet to be isolated and properly identified. I dare say a vaccine will only suppress symptoms. It’s more likely to be a case of welcome to the new cancer industry! So no chance I’ll take it (if given a choice).

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

They are currently investigating the use of the TB vaccine as the figures show that those countries with lower death rates are the ones who continued to use it. We stopped in 2000.

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

"They are currently investigating the use of the TB vaccine as the figures show that those countries with lower death rates are the ones who continued to use it. We stopped in 2000."

I had it in 2003 as did many others in my year group in school. I know it has stopped but believe it was within the past 10 years. However, if that is the case then how is it mainly over 50s have been affected? Surely they should be looking at when it started here and if those who have had covid-19 had the TB jab too.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"They are currently investigating the use of the TB vaccine as the figures show that those countries with lower death rates are the ones who continued to use it. We stopped in 2000.

I had it in 2003 as did many others in my year group in school. I know it has stopped but believe it was within the past 10 years. However, if that is the case then how is it mainly over 50s have been affected? Surely they should be looking at when it started here and if those who have had covid-19 had the TB jab too. "

Possibly because the older you get the more health issues you have.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"They are currently investigating the use of the TB vaccine as the figures show that those countries with lower death rates are the ones who continued to use it. We stopped in 2000.

I had it in 2003 as did many others in my year group in school. I know it has stopped but believe it was within the past 10 years. However, if that is the case then how is it mainly over 50s have been affected? Surely they should be looking at when it started here and if those who have had covid-19 had the TB jab too. "

My apologies, "It was replaced in 2005 with a targeted programme for babies, children and young adults at higher risk of TB. This is because TB rates in this country are low in the general population. TB is difficult to catch because this requires close contact with an infected person, usually over a long period of time." from an NHS site.

Manchester (she/her)

The polio vaccine - I heard about research on this on a podcast, This Week in Virology (#604). It's an older polio vaccine (not usually used in richer countries anymore) and it's believed to have a temporary effect. If you're interested.

» Add a new message to this topic