FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Beach lifeguards

Beach lifeguards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay so I’m an RNLI beach lifeguard and normally from the first of May our crew would have rolled onto the busy beaches and done all the safety checks and have a patrol everyday for dangers not just on the beach but on the surrounding cliffs and beach area, well now we have been left on standby to not roll out as the RNLI are scared our presence will bring more people to the beach. But my problem is this, the government has now opened most beaches and has said swimming is allowed meaning just yesterday on the beach i normally patrol over 1,000 people went onto the beach definitely not 2 meters apart and the coast guard helicopter had to come out DUE TO A POSSIBLE DROWNING. Although luckily they were saved due to the helicopter,

So my question is do you think we should go out and patrol or should the government just close the beaches again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hestercplCouple  over a year ago

chester

I don’t think as island nation government can close the beaches the weren’t closed original only accessable to locals due to restricted travel and for essential exercise

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You need clear guidance and not clear as mud guidance me thinks.

If people are there then I would say it makes perfect sense that you guys also have to be there but in these fucked up times who knows eh!!!!

Good luck and thank you for the work you do.

T

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Okay so I’m an RNLI beach lifeguard and normally from the first of May our crew would have rolled onto the busy beaches and done all the safety checks and have a patrol everyday for dangers not just on the beach but on the surrounding cliffs and beach area, well now we have been left on standby to not roll out as the RNLI are scared our presence will bring more people to the beach. But my problem is this, the government has now opened most beaches and has said swimming is allowed meaning just yesterday on the beach i normally patrol over 1,000 people went onto the beach definitely not 2 meters apart and the coast guard helicopter had to come out DUE TO A POSSIBLE DROWNING. Although luckily they were saved due to the helicopter,

So my question is do you think we should go out and patrol or should the government just close the beaches again"

( Mr) Let them Drown , their choice

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The RNLI is a fantastic organisation and what it's members do is awesome..

I think the headsheds will have to review the current position on this as its only going to take a couple of drownings to have some looking at a closed lifeboat station and being negative..

Also I could well see in the busier beach areas that some crews may well respond given their fundamental reason for joining it is to save lives..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It should be a personal choice for you all op. The government though, by opening aspects of our society, has to take responsibility for it. It should either ban or allow beach use but plan and manage the risks and situation. That's what we employ government for.

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

No way would any locals abide with the beaches being closed.

I live in the southwest and the beaches are our one of greatest asset and reason many live here. Its easy to be 10 metres apart if you go to the right beach.

As for Lifeboat crews they should not be attending stupid holiday makers but definitely need to be available for the maritime industry, their work has to continue.

Thanks for the OP service.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Okay so I’m an RNLI beach lifeguard and normally from the first of May our crew would have rolled onto the busy beaches and done all the safety checks and have a patrol everyday for dangers not just on the beach but on the surrounding cliffs and beach area, well now we have been left on standby to not roll out as the RNLI are scared our presence will bring more people to the beach. But my problem is this, the government has now opened most beaches and has said swimming is allowed meaning just yesterday on the beach i normally patrol over 1,000 people went onto the beach definitely not 2 meters apart and the coast guard helicopter had to come out DUE TO A POSSIBLE DROWNING. Although luckily they were saved due to the helicopter,

So my question is do you think we should go out and patrol or should the government just close the beaches again"

Close the beaches.

As we have seen in most areas, the public can't be trusted to be sensible.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for all the nice messages guys (wish Londoners thanked us ) and yeah it’s just frustrating because I saw on the news that it’s the RNLI’s fault that we aren’t taking better action but the government is restricting us hard and I’m scared more people will die unnecessarily

» Add a new message to this topic