FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Beaches full

Beaches full

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Listening to the radio, interesting question posed.

The beaches were full yesterday, social distancing non existent. So, was that people using their 'common sense'? The people that didn't go to the beach yesterday....were they using their 'common sense'??

Are we seeing the results of poor messaging??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

I think it's just the ignorance of the British people.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Listening to the radio, interesting question posed.

The beaches were full yesterday, social distancing non existent. So, was that people using their 'common sense'? The people that didn't go to the beach yesterday....were they using their 'common sense'??

Are we seeing the results of poor messaging??"

I think they were all socially distancing ‘where possible ‘ that’s the message they all got

"I think it's just the ignorance of the British people.

"

English , the rest of the UK are being told to stay at home

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

English , the rest of the UK are being told to stay at home "

Yeah I didn't want to specify.

By *lueEyedWolfMan  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

On the days I went it was choka block but for the most part was ok but more numbers means less space obviously, would be a perfect time to visit new beaches rather than go straight for the popular ones. I went to Shellness and Eastney mainly for the chance to lounge around nekid, just watch out for those pervs that either go there just look at the nude bathers or the nude one pacing up and down hoping for god knows what

Kinda makes you realise, people need to be told exactly what to do to avoid this happening.

As Michael Gove once said, people have ‘had enough of experts’. The truth is the vast majority of the public are either too stupid or too selfish (or both) to care. The same people will be clapping at 8pm tonight for the NHS workers who are risking their lives daily to save a public who wouldn’t do the same in return by simply enjoying the weather in the back garden. Call me a misanthropist, but I think Corona is the minimum mankind deserves

8 weeks under house arrest and children need to be children that's 2 reasons. Lockdown was a good idea but only for the short term.

A lot of the pictures published I believe we're from other years, especially the Southend ones, which has basically given the region poor press.

I want nothing more than to spend a few hours just lying in the sun not bothering anyone and am considering making the journey from Essex to Kent to give Leysdown beach a try.

I did put up a post asking if anybody has been so I could make the decision if it is safe enough to visit as although it's not that far it is still an inconvenience if it's a no go.

So, I don't want to visit a beach if it's going to be packed and I've never been to Shellness before so not even sure how to get to the beach.

But as a health care professional myself I do think in the cases of outside spaces that a beach is safer than a supermarket in certain respects.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Kinda makes you realise, people need to be told exactly what to do to avoid this happening. "

In fairness I think the overwhelming majority of people have been fantastic. Even the young have been great. You always get the odd idiots of course. Let’s give ourselves some credit.

Dead right. Generally I despise Nicola Sturgeon's politics, but she is much clearer through this disaster than Westminster.

It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary.

A lot of the pictures published I believe we're from other years, especially the Southend ones, which has basically given the region poor press.

I want nothing more than to spend a few hours just lying in the sun not bothering anyone and am considering making the journey from Essex to Kent to give Leysdown beach a try.

I did put up a post asking if anybody has been so I could make the decision if it is safe enough to visit as although it's not that far it is still an inconvenience if it's a no go.

So, I don't want to visit a beach if it's going to be packed and I've never been to Shellness before so not even sure how to get to the beach.

But as a health care professional myself I do think in the cases of outside spaces that a beach is safer than a supermarket in certain respects.

"

I live in Southend.....it was packed.

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary."
It's all about project fear, working to well now.

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary."

Hospital numbers could shortly be going up. I know it can be 'irritating and unecessary' especially for the nurses that are going have to treat a second wave of it comes.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

many were busy but maintaining social distance.. only a few of those were photographed.. what was more obvious was that once alcohol was involved... people weren't social distancing.

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary.It's all about project fear, working to well now. "

Be clapping tonight will you?

"

I did wonder if some of the photos were old ones. I know two i checked were from years ago according to google image check

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Where we went it was very busy but masses and masses of space between bathers. People were clearly SD'ing.

Bear in mind News outlets for the most part wouldn't show you a picture of an properly SD'ing beach now would they, where's the news in that after all.

Also when you take photographs across a flat plain like a beach it foreshorterns distances between objects and people making them look like they are right next to each other. Unless you are there don't believe the hype.

Lots of people enjoying the sun good for them, the virus has passed now time to start living again.

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary.It's all about project fear, working to well now.

Be clapping tonight will you?"

Yes I will. But not going to argue about it because I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

Are we seeing the results of poor messaging??8 weeks under house arrest and children need to be children that's 2 reasons. Lockdown was a good idea but only for the short term. "

Yep children need to be children. Will be great children when they are stuck on a ventilator in hospital.

"Lots of people enjoying the sun good for them, the virus has passed now time to start living again. "

You hold some very odd opinions. You were worried about Extinction Rebellion locking London up, but have no problem with a possible second wave and another lockdown which would tank the economy.

Do you think we should of not locked down at all?

Are we seeing the results of poor messaging??8 weeks under house arrest and children need to be children that's 2 reasons. Lockdown was a good idea but only for the short term.

Yep children need to be children. Will be great children when they are stuck on a ventilator in hospital. "

going to the beach is hardly likely to cause that. Little ott

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary.It's all about project fear, working to well now.

Yes I will. But not going to argue about it because I do not need to justify myself to anyone."

Yes, but I'm guessing you are social distancing and not going to packed beaches? So, yeah clap. People that did go to the beach and were not bothering will probably clapping tonight. Very schizophrenic behaviour.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Lots of people enjoying the sun good for them, the virus has passed now time to start living again. "

Really?

It's still out there and will be back, have you not seen what happened in South Korea and yes beaches are not a night club but if people start thinking it's over that is a recipe for an even higher death toll to come..

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think some people think differently about it, they've made choices based on information that they have and decided what they feel is true and what is not and whether it really does make sense for them to stick to the rules.

Not everybody is believing all we are being told at the moment and I think some people are making decisions what they personally feel is right.

I'm not personally saying they're are right to do this, I am just saying what I feel maybe going on for some people.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary.It's all about project fear, working to well now. "

I agree.

"Lots of people enjoying the sun good for them, the virus has passed now time to start living again.

You hold some very odd opinions. You were worried about Extinction Rebellion locking London up, but have no problem with a possible second wave and another lockdown which would tank the economy.

Do you think we should of not locked down at all?"

ok this virus kills everyone young or old go near someone and die.100,000 living in camps in Greece 500 showed signs tested positive, left there 5 weeks later opened camps number of dead zero. So are they super human or maybe just maybe this virus nasty yes but total killer of everyone no.The media have a lot to answer for.

"Lots of people enjoying the sun good for them, the virus has passed now time to start living again.

Really?

It's still out there and will be back, have you not seen what happened in South Korea and yes beaches are not a night club but if people start thinking it's over that is a recipe for an even higher death toll to come.. "

It is strange, this odd attitude that it is all over. Lockdown should of been eased when a track and trace system was in place. Can control and monitor then. That South Korean case was terrible. One guy wasn't it??

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

No just people waking up. Try downloading the Office for National Statistics weekly spreadsheet data then start analysing it for yourself.

If you are under 45 you are statistically more likely to die from drowning. A child ahs to all intents and purposes zero percent chance of dying (when the numbers are rounded)

The reality is that Covid 19, almost exclusively, is a disease that affects the elderly – especially those with other health conditions. In many cases these are the elderly in nursing homes who are cycled in and out of hospital for stabilisation before being returned to their nursing homes.

Back in early April, to free up as much hospital space as possible, the care home beds were being filled up with elderly COVID positive patients. Because of the crisis they were not sent back to hospital when they then deteriorated. We have just been harvesting the elderly who are normally kept alive by this merry go round because they were not protected properly.

Look at the data it's all there.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

stop worrying what other people doing.if it illegall im sure the plod will move them along if its not illegall there not doing anything wrong.wana stay safe look out for yaselves dont worry what others are doing.and as for a second wave it will come wether we stay in or not.what usually happens with vurus and the 2nd wave usually worse than the first.

Do you think we should of not locked down at all?ok this virus kills everyone young or old go near someone and die.100,000 living in camps in Greece 500 showed signs tested positive, left there 5 weeks later opened camps number of dead zero. So are they super human or maybe just maybe this virus nasty yes but total killer of everyone no.The media have a lot to answer for."

Where did you get that story from? Source??

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not really, they did say you can go for a drive and sunbathe IF you kept your distance

However I don't see how you can keep your distance in a packed place full of people walking to the side/ front and back of you...it is bad enough in a supermarket

My common sense would have kicked in and drove away to somewhere quieter

I just keep my own distance and and follow my own rules like not getting close to anyone and changing the way I do things.

I don’t que at the big supermarkets I shop where and when I can that is quiet and let everyone get on with hat they are doing.

It’s up to them if they want to carry on as normal that’s their lookout.

Well I'm no angel but have largely followed the rules and understand why we are doing it. I think we just need to give people a bit of slack, otherwise we all die inside anyway.

in Lancashire

Really?

It's still out there and will be back, have you not seen what happened in South Korea and yes beaches are not a night club but if people start thinking it's over that is a recipe for an even higher death toll to come..

It is strange, this odd attitude that it is all over. Lockdown should of been eased when a track and trace system was in place. Can control and monitor then. That South Korean case was terrible. One guy wasn't it??"

They lost the chance to be ready to lift the lockdown safer whenever that is by stopping the test, trace and isolate in March.

Which has put them in a bit of a rock and a hard place and at odds with the devolved government's who are maintaining a more cautious approach..

Yes, one person and it was over a hundred I think..

"

No just people waking up. Try downloading the Office for National Statistics weekly spreadsheet data then start analysing it for yourself.

If you are under 45 you are statistically more likely to die from drowning. A child ahs to all intents and purposes zero percent chance of dying (when the numbers are rounded)

The reality is that Covid 19, almost exclusively, is a disease that affects the elderly – especially those with other health conditions. In many cases these are the elderly in nursing homes who are cycled in and out of hospital for stabilisation before being returned to their nursing homes.

Back in early April, to free up as much hospital space as possible, the care home beds were being filled up with elderly COVID positive patients. Because of the crisis they were not sent back to hospital when they then deteriorated. We have just been harvesting the elderly who are normally kept alive by this merry go round because they were not protected properly.

"

So, are you another arguing that we should of not locked down??

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"I just keep my own distance and and follow my own rules like not getting close to anyone and changing the way I do things.

I don’t que at the big supermarkets I shop where and when I can that is quiet and let everyone get on with hat they are doing.

"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Yep children need to be children. Will be great children when they are stuck on a ventilator in hospital. going to the beach is hardly likely to cause that. Little ott"

If they catch covid from someone they came close to it could I suppose

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

Why all the scaremongering and whatnot.

People are going to do whatever they want, if they want to go out and risk their health, let them, just focus on YOUR health.

We know that the NHS is already struggling to cope, they have been since day 1, and we know that the testing is inconclusive at best.

So we can't accurately determine if somebody is infected without them showing symptoms, with the issue being that many are asymptomatic.

I said from the very start, lockdown is NOT going to make anything better, infact it will just make it worse, as Corona isn't going go realise we are in lockdown and just go away... No, we will be cooped up indoors for months, probably not helping our immune systems, then when we do finally go outside, everyone will get it anyway.

Why bother to shame people who are living life.

They took a different view on it to you, leave them be and move on with your life.

So your ignoring the governments ‘advice’ as well? Or is the ‘Advice’ just not clear enough ?

here

"

"

this is the cruel reality people won't accept, instead choosing to wallow in great pools of fear.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes I will. But not going to argue about it because I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

Yes, but I'm guessing you are social distancing and not going to packed beaches? So, yeah clap. People that did go to the beach and were not bothering will probably clapping tonight. Very schizophrenic behaviour."

Now that last comment I think is OTT

"Well I'm no angel but have largely followed the rules and understand why we are doing it. I think we just need to give people a bit of slack, otherwise we all die inside anyway."
this to be fair. The mental health crisis is huge..and it's only going to get bigger. I think for the most it was reported for sensationalism about the beaches.. as many were social distancing from local images. And at least two of the main photos were reused ones. Not saying everyone was behaving... but.

"

"

Fake news

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Do you think we should of not locked down at all?ok this virus kills everyone young or old go near someone and die.100,000 living in camps in Greece 500 showed signs tested positive, left there 5 weeks later opened camps number of dead zero. So are they super human or maybe just maybe this virus nasty yes but total killer of everyone no.The media have a lot to answer for."

So do you think the media are lying when they report how many are dead?

Yes, but I'm guessing you are social distancing and not going to packed beaches? So, yeah clap. People that did go to the beach and were not bothering will probably clapping tonight. Very schizophrenic behaviour.

Now that last comment I think is OTT"

I don't understand. If people went out and didn't social distance, then clap tonight, it is a bit contradictory??

"Kinda makes you realise, people need to be told exactly what to do to avoid this happening. "

People were told to stay at home and only go out for a list of things, some still were confused. You just can't help stupid.

I live in Southend.....it was packed."

Do you think it was actually busier than it would have been if it was a normal weekend day pre Covid 19?

I was basically brought up in a beach town and I know that pictures I have seen from friends back home are reminiscent of years gone by and not a reflection on maybe the last 10 years when the weather is as beautiful as it has been.

But I guess that reflects as everybody's holiday plans have been cancelled ??

"

Yep children need to be children. Will be great children when they are stuck on a ventilator in hospital. going to the beach is hardly likely to cause that. Little ott

If they catch covid from someone they came close to it could I suppose"

a lot of the research is saying outdoors its very small chance of catching it. And I think many of the photos we saw yesterday were reused ones. And most of the ones I saw in local news were with people socially distancing. 2m from an aerial photo wont look like much.

What should have been done was like in other countries where they have roped off walk ways and made it one way on and off or down to the water...

Do you think we should of not locked down at all?ok this virus kills everyone young or old go near someone and die.100,000 living in camps in Greece 500 showed signs tested positive, left there 5 weeks later opened camps number of dead zero. So are they super human or maybe just maybe this virus nasty yes but total killer of everyone no.The media have a lot to answer for.

Where did you get that story from? Source??"

BBC they run special programmes trying to highlight the problems in camps. Look on bbc I player.

"Kinda makes you realise, people need to be told exactly what to do to avoid this happening.

People were told to stay at home and only go out for a list of things, some still were confused. You just can't help stupid. "

There must be millions of ‘stupid ‘ people England then , the new advice was vague, as proven by the busy parks and beaches .

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

English , the rest of the UK are being told to stay at home

Dead right. Generally I despise Nicola Sturgeon's politics, but she is much clearer through this disaster than Westminster."

Portobello, Burnt Island were also heaving. Seems the Scots are starting to ignore the rules also.

Do you think we should of not locked down at all?ok this virus kills everyone young or old go near someone and die.100,000 living in camps in Greece 500 showed signs tested positive, left there 5 weeks later opened camps number of dead zero. So are they super human or maybe just maybe this virus nasty yes but total killer of everyone no.The media have a lot to answer for.

Where did you get that story from? Source??BBC they run special programmes trying to highlight the problems in camps. Look on bbc I player. "

I'd just be interested in the actual data though. Wondered if you had the statistics.

"Kinda makes you realise, people need to be told exactly what to do to avoid this happening.

People were told to stay at home and only go out for a list of things, some still were confused. You just can't help stupid.

There must be millions of ‘stupid ‘ people England then , the new advice was vague, as proven by the busy parks and beaches . "

Exactly, I don't think you can blame the people if the advice was so fluffy

What is the temperature in Greece??

in Lancashire

"

this is the cruel reality people won't accept, instead choosing to wallow in great pools of fear. "

Or people might be choosing based on personal experience and information to just get on with it..

Suggesting that people are wallowing in great pools of fear is reminiscent of trump and boris in their scoffing of this virus early on..

The reality is that nigh on 40,000 people over and above the average figure have died from this..

If for some that's of no consequence then fine that's only an indication of such peoples psyches perhaps but to the loved ones of those people that's a lot of pain and heartache..

The cruel reality is such that hundreds of NHS and care staff have died doing their job thus far..

So how many more is acceptable..

There must be millions of ‘stupid ‘ people England then , the new advice was vague, as proven by the busy parks and beaches .

Exactly, I don't think you can blame the people if the advice was so fluffy "

Unfortunately the advice was as fluffy as Boris’s hair

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't understand. If people went out and didn't social distance, then clap tonight, it is a bit contradictory??"

But not schizophrenic , if you look up the description of it you will realise

I think if people are not practising social distance and then clap are contradictory yes

By *alisburycplCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

"Where we went it was very busy but masses and masses of space between bathers. People were clearly SD'ing.

Bear in mind News outlets for the most part wouldn't show you a picture of an properly SD'ing beach now would they, where's the news in that after all.

Also when you take photographs across a flat plain like a beach it foreshorterns distances between objects and people making them look like they are right next to each other. Unless you are there don't believe the hype.

"

One thing that has come out of the virus...is the press,most are trash!to put it mildly ??

Forum Mod

O o O oo

People were told to stay at home and only go out for a list of things, some still were confused. You just can't help stupid. "

To be fair we all have been told we can go out for a drive and sunbathe if we want to, keeping social distance of course. That is what people did, well the drive and sunbathing bit anyway, according to the videos, they were not all social distancing, but then there wasn't much room left to be able to

Where did you get that story from? Source??BBC they run special programmes trying to highlight the problems in camps. Look on bbc I player.

I'd just be interested in the actual data though. Wondered if you had the statistics."

So people who live in the camps filming what's going on and reporting back, but what they are saying doesn't fit the fear news you need data.

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

The virus hasn’t even started yet let alone passed, sweet Jesus I hope this was satire.

If people don't want to use their own brains to determine whether going to a park or beach on a hot day is going to be busy and SD is likely not to happen then I'm surprised humans have survived so long.

For the silly people who can't show common sense without the government's say so, maybe its evolution.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

There must be millions of ‘stupid ‘ people England then , the new advice was vague, as proven by the busy parks and beaches . "

The one about going for a drive and sunbathing was clear though

To be fair we all have been told we can go out for a drive and sunbathe if we want to, keeping social distance of course. That is what people did, well the drive and sunbathing bit anyway, according to the videos, they were not all social distancing, but then there wasn't much room left to be able to"

and in peoples defence the new guidance did say " social distancing where possible "

I don't understand. If people went out and didn't social distance, then clap tonight, it is a bit contradictory??

But not schizophrenic , if you look up the description of it you will realise

I think if people are not practising social distance and then clap are contradictory yes"

Fair play, poor choice if definition!

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

But the Scottish beaches were also full yesterday.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Yep children need to be children. Will be great children when they are stuck on a ventilator in hospital. going to the beach is hardly likely to cause that. Little ott

If they catch covid from someone they came close to it could I suppose a lot of the research is saying outdoors its very small chance of catching it. And I think many of the photos we saw yesterday were reused ones. And most of the ones I saw in local news were with people socially distancing. 2m from an aerial photo wont look like much.

What should have been done was like in other countries where they have roped off walk ways and made it one way on and off or down to the water...

"

The videos showed up more A small chance of catching it is still a chance.

To be honest though, the science behind this has not exactly been consistent , mainly because they don't know enough about the virus so I am not sure I will trust everything they say

By *oxyVikingCouple  over a year ago

East Anglia

We have only seen people respect the rules. Appreciate others are not. Unfortunately, common sense isn’t very common!

To be fair we all have been told we can go out for a drive and sunbathe if we want to, keeping social distance of course. That is what people did, well the drive and sunbathing bit anyway, according to the videos, they were not all social distancing, but then there wasn't much room left to be able to"

I was referring to original lockdown, people still said they were confused, even with a list of what you can do.

People are now given the opportunity to have more freedom and use common sense.

I would of loved to have taken my kids to the beach yesterday but common sense tells me it was going to be busy.

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

The advise was fluffy on purpose and designed so the government can blame the people. I don’t think they expected the public to heed the stay at home, save lives message as well as they did, so needed to change the message to they are less to blame for death tole. Second wave coming October/November if not before.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair we all have been told we can go out for a drive and sunbathe if we want to, keeping social distance of course. That is what people did, well the drive and sunbathing bit anyway, according to the videos, they were not all social distancing, but then there wasn't much room left to be able to and in peoples defence the new guidance did say " social distancing where possible ""

And this is where the problem lies....so someone wants a day out to the beach, finds hundreds on the beach, can't find a spot to site two metres away from anyone so uses the "where possible" option to justify they are being stupid

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Stupidity isn't a nationality and it isn't just the English ignoring what they're told.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I just keep my own distance and and follow my own rules like not getting close to anyone and changing the way I do things.

"

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Your seeing selfishness pour and simple.

We live in a seaside town and it was impossible to keep social distancing as it was so busy!

Hope everyone is ready for the 2nd wave.

By *ongWayAroundMan  over a year ago

Boston

The lunatics who think this virus doesn't affect them or that it is fake need to go to their local hospital and volunteer to work on the covid ward with no PPE.

Right now this virus doesn't negatively effect everyone. It is likely to effect your friend or neighbour very badly and they can contract it from you and if you have not taken every precaution to stop that happening then you are to blame. They could very well suffer horrendously and die a horrible death.

The friend or neighbour today is very likely to be you as you reach your 50s and beyond. You could very well suffer from an underlying condition one day and this virus catch you at the same time, then it will be you who suffers this horrendous death. We all hope that medecine can stop this virus, but there is no cure. There is no vaccine. There quite likely never will be given how few of the world's viruses we have successfully created vaccines for. This virus could very well be a life limiting disease that keeps our population from getting too old. The War on Dementia won, from some perspectives at least.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair we all have been told we can go out for a drive and sunbathe if we want to, keeping social distance of course. That is what people did, well the drive and sunbathing bit anyway, according to the videos, they were not all social distancing, but then there wasn't much room left to be able to

I was referring to original lockdown, people still said they were confused, even with a list of what you can do.

I would of loved to have taken my kids to the beach yesterday but common sense tells me it was going to be busy.

"

Exactly

Sadly some peoples common sense has upped and ran off

I would normally say whatever people want to do is fine by me, but, that person who potentially caught some covid yesterday while sat on a beach enjoying themselves could infect another person when they go shopping who has been sensible.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

For anyone who live in these places, where the public toilets open? Where the car parks open and charging?

By *ordescourtMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Wait till the second wave hits, any everyone is blaming each other except themselves

here

"Your seeing selfishness pour and simple.

We live in a seaside town and it was impossible to keep social distancing as it was so busy!

Hope everyone is ready for the 2nd wave."

.... and if the number of new infections continues to fall, then the lockdown tap can be opened a little more and the country can start to recover .

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Exactly

I would normally say whatever people want to do is fine by me, but, that person who potentially caught some covid yesterday while sat on a beach enjoying themselves could infect another person when they go shopping who has been sensible."

PS I don't mean that to sound like I am objecting to people enjoying themselves, just that they should really use some sense when doing so and don't bend the guidelines to suit

Norfolk

"For anyone who live in these places, where the public toilets open? Where the car parks open and charging?"

I live in hunstanton and the car parks and loo's where open. My sister lives in Mundesley and it was the same there.

By *ustHMan  over a year ago

Morley / Vera Playa

"As Michael Gove once said, people have ‘had enough of experts’. The truth is the vast majority of the public are either too stupid or too selfish (or both) to care. The same people will be clapping at 8pm tonight for the NHS workers who are risking their lives daily to save a public who wouldn’t do the same in return by simply enjoying the weather in the back garden. Call me a misanthropist, but I think Corona is the minimum mankind deserves"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"For anyone who live in these places, where the public toilets open? Where the car parks open and charging?

I live in hunstanton and the car parks and loo's where open. My sister lives in Mundesley and it was the same there."

In which case as much as some councils said please don't come here, they can't complain if the facilities are open.

I was just wondering where they were all going to go for a pee

Standard me me me answer. Grow up, do what you know is right and think about others for a change. These "numbers" are people for gods sake, with families who are no doubt heartbroken. Imagine how they feel seeing people being so selfish. Not to mention front line staff fighting this virus.

Enjoy the beach.

Unfortunately, regardless of the information or advice/ guidelines given ambiguous or not some people will argue it to suit what they want. They will justify their needs and wants over what is being socially responsible and considerate to others. Impossible to work with stupid!

Norfolk

"For anyone who live in these places, where the public toilets open? Where the car parks open and charging?

I live in hunstanton and the car parks and loo's where open. My sister lives in Mundesley and it was the same there.

In which case as much as some councils said please don't come here, they can't complain if the facilities are open.

I was just wondering where they were all going to go for a pee "

I agree.

People normally park at Tesco and go there. Or just go where they stand

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I was just wondering where they were all going to go for a pee "

In the sea of course. Same as always.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

What if they don't go in the sea

If people don't want to use their own brains to determine whether going to a park or beach on a hot day is going to be busy and SD is likely not to happen then I'm surprised humans have survived so long.

For the silly people who can't show common sense without the government's say so, maybe its evolution.

"

Maybe the people just don’t respect or follow advice from an idiot who boasted about shaking hands with virus patients? What do you think ?

"For anyone who live in these places, where the public toilets open? Where the car parks open and charging?"
I think most places have opened them. I have a radar key so normally not an issue. Our local toilets have been open all along though as they said it was important as a hand washing facility. In fact in one of the villages I go through the market square has a hand washing station outside the toilets x

Maybe the people just don’t respect or follow advice from an idiot who boasted about shaking hands with virus patients? What do you think ? "

It's Boris, he could club a baby seal to death in public and people would still say he is brilliant.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Maybe the people just don’t respect or follow advice from an idiot who boasted about shaking hands with virus patients? What do you think ? "

Sadly you do have a point

Exactly

I would normally say whatever people want to do is fine by me, but, that person who potentially caught some covid yesterday while sat on a beach enjoying themselves could infect another person when they go shopping who has been sensible.

PS I don't mean that to sound like I am objecting to people enjoying themselves, just that they should really use some sense when doing so and don't bend the guidelines to suit"

Totally agree, I normally say well as long as it doesn't affect me and my family but it could potentially affect me, even if I'm being sensible.

It was just as enjoyable to take a day off from homeschooling and play in the garden with the kids, there will be plenty of opportunities to go to the beach when its safer.

"

Then that is purely cutting off your nose to spike your face and not really a justification is it.

"Where we went it was very busy but masses and masses of space between bathers. People were clearly SD'ing.

"

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart.

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart. "

yeah I have said that. An aerial photo 2m will not look like much if its busy.

I went to the beach it was busy ..had a really good day ..

I also pay no attention to social distancing.

Distancing from what? .. a virus that's not that deadly at all (considering it's new virus)

It's just been made to be scary by mass hysteria and main stream media ... oh well

I advise you to take up my new sport seeing as everything is close.

I now enjoy looking for nutters in the supermarket with gloves and maskes on ...

Then drift towards them ..and watch them freak the fuck out (if you're that scared over nothing stay home)

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart. yeah I have said that. An aerial photo 2m will not look like much if its busy. "

There was another news report recently where it showed people queueing in the street. From one viewpoint it looked like they were stood really close to each other. From the side it showed they were at least 2m apart.

Exactly

PS I don't mean that to sound like I am objecting to people enjoying themselves, just that they should really use some sense when doing so and don't bend the guidelines to suit

Totally agree, I normally say well as long as it doesn't affect me and my family but it could potentially affect me, even if I'm being sensible.

It was just as enjoyable to take a day off from homeschooling and play in the garden with the kids, there will be plenty of opportunities to go to the beach when its safer. "

But what a lot of people are asking is when will it be safer. No vaccine yet so maybe a year or when 80% have caught the virus, but you have to meet to do that.

"

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart. "

Seen lots of photographs that were library footage too - one had the days newspapers on a stall with the Brexit Campaigning on them.

Creating the illusion is what News does.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Looks like someone has just woken up from a long dream.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart. yeah I have said that. An aerial photo 2m will not look like much if its busy.

There was another news report recently where it showed people queueing in the street. From one viewpoint it looked like they were stood really close to each other. From the side it showed they were at least 2m apart.

"

Camera lenses can give a different impression of what you are seeing, even filming so it seems to make it look like people are stood together. However, the videos that are online shows people sat next to each explaining that "they are allowed as they are family and are normally in each others houses anyway "

"

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart.

Seen lots of photographs that were library footage too - one had the days newspapers on a stall with the Brexit Campaigning on them.

Creating the illusion is what News does. "

I'd imagine mainly Murdoch press newspapers?? Whip up that people are stupid and can't blame the government then for rubbish slogans.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

The beach is the last place on the planet your going to catch the virus as it's usually windy and probably sunny .....

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

In fairness I think the overwhelming majority of people have been fantastic. Even the young have been great. You always get the odd idiots of course. Let’s give ourselves some credit. "

Yeah we should be clapping the young tonight.

Forced out of Europe against their wishes by the old.

Now they are being bankrupted and indebted for the rest of their lives to protect 5% of elderly.

Clap! Holy fuck they all need medals.

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"The beach is the last place on the planet your going to catch the virus as it's usually windy and probably sunny ....."

And it's usually outside!

I wondered about this. The report I saw, the text was bitching about people being crammed together on the beach. The photo clearly showed people in just little groups, well over 2m apart. yeah I have said that. An aerial photo 2m will not look like much if its busy.

Camera lenses can give a different impression of what you are seeing, even filming so it seems to make it look like people are stood together. However, the videos that are online shows people sat next to each explaining that "they are allowed as they are family and are normally in each others houses anyway "

"

I saw the people who were at the beach, complaining that people were at the beach.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It is so unfair for the people that live in tourist areas. They can’t stop people travelling to them, even though they have specifically asked people not to go to their towns just yet, people have flocked there.

"

I saw the people who were at the beach, complaining that people were at the beach. "

Makes you giggle doesn't it. Seems that others can be judged by people who just have second-hand info' or werent there themselves. Or just having an opinion of someone elses opinion in the same vain.

We are turning this Nation into a Nation of Karen said(s)from FaceBook.

I live by the seaside and I've only just this week felt happy to go out for a short walk on an evening.

However I have seen photos on social media of the state of my town yesterday and it was ridiculous. The beach was left in a state as well full of nappies and packaging. Awful.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I saw the people who were at the beach, complaining that people were at the beach. "

"

I saw the people who were at the beach, complaining that people were at the beach.

Makes you giggle doesn't it. Seems that others can be judged by people who just have second-hand info' or werent there themselves. Or just having an opinion of someone elses opinion in the same vain.

We are turning this Nation into a Nation of Karen said(s)from FaceBook. "

Yep

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Shit, shit, shit everywhere. The other scary aspect to going to the beach at the moment is there aren't any loos open. Apparently some people have been doing it anywhere, even in local peoples front gardens.

This poses a major health crisis adding to the one already in full flow.

Throw in the warm weather and it's brewing up another shit storm.

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"

I agree, the photographer will have a long lens that shows a lot of people looking like they are together.

Camera trickier, but photographer gets the shots he / she wants for the press.

"As Michael Gove once said, people have ‘had enough of experts’. The truth is the vast majority of the public are either too stupid or too selfish (or both) to care. The same people will be clapping at 8pm tonight for the NHS workers who are risking their lives daily to save a public who wouldn’t do the same in return by simply enjoying the weather in the back garden. Call me a misanthropist, but I think Corona is the minimum mankind deserves"
Totally agree with you!!

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

Devon

I live in Devon. Please don’t come down here . We’ve been reasonably lucky with numbers from the virus so far. Large influxes will and the potential it brings will be horrific for the county.

In my mind I’ve written off this year. Please do the same .

Thanks

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

The 250,000 British people confirmed infected were very afraid they might join the 40,000 who've succumbed to covid in the last 8 weeks.

If that number died in airplane crashes in that space of time, everyone would be scared to death of flying and expect a government response to it.

"Shit, shit, shit everywhere. The other scary aspect to going to the beach at the moment is there aren't any loos open. Apparently some people have been doing it anywhere, even in local peoples front gardens.

"

I agree

This is what i think anyone visiting the beach needs to think about. The news has reported so much human muck about its awful for the locals and also a massive health concern. stay safe all x remember we all have the same end goal

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"

Absolutely.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

"

Wow what a consenting and superior comment. Maybe these people look at the available science, weighed up the pros and cons and took an informed decision.

"Shit, shit, shit everywhere. The other scary aspect to going to the beach at the moment is there aren't any loos open. Apparently some people have been doing it anywhere, even in local peoples front gardens.

"

But let's face it many of the toilets were closed before Covid. And most people would have used pubs bar and cafe toilets.

But if the Government eased the lockdown the local authorities are really the ones with their 'pants down' (!) They know that people are going to go to the beach and they also know that local businesses' toilets won't be available. It is really up to them to provide the services.

Incidentally however, all the toilets where we went were open.

I went to the beach it was busy ..had a really good day ..

I also pay no attention to social distancing.

Distancing from what? .. a virus that's not that deadly at all (considering it's new virus)

It's just been made to be scary by mass hysteria and main stream media ... oh well

I advise you to take up my new sport seeing as everything is close.

I now enjoy looking for nutters in the supermarket with gloves and maskes on ...

Then drift towards them ..and watch them freak the fuck out (if you're that scared over nothing stay home)

"

Lame

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Ok... I would love to take my two children to the beach after all I’m actually from a seaside town but live in London so it’s only a 2 hour drive and it’s my right as I’m almost a local right? It hot and sunny and as someone said it’s usually windy at the beach so won’t catch the virus! It’s not going to be too packed as the pictures are taken with long lenses and low angles to make it looked packed. The beaches will be pristine and the toilets and car parks will be open and I should be able to park without issue. And lockdown is finished now right so as long as I stay alert everything’s fine and dandy... it’s only me and the kids what harm can it do after all it’s not life or death is it? We can sit on the beach safely licking our ice creams with all the other socially awaire tourists and have a very lovely time. Perhaps I will pop in to see my elderly mum Give her a big kiss and take a shit in her garden just in case the toilets are closed. Or perhaps not... not just yet anyway.

By *evernmanMan  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

The message should be simply: the more people you come into contact with and the closer you get, the higher your risk of getting and spreading the disease yourself.

And it only takes one contact...

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"It's bad enough trying to live as it is without other people constantly having a go about what we are or we aren't doing. If I want to live in a nanny state I will vote for it next time, till then we make do with what we've got. Hospital numbers are on the way down, maybe only for a bit so let us live a bit and stop going on and on and on and on about how bad we all are. It's irritating and unnecessary.

Hospital numbers could shortly be going up. I know it can be 'irritating and unecessary' especially for the nurses that are going have to treat a second wave of it comes."

There will be waves of this.

"Ok... I would love to take my two children to the beach after all I’m actually from a seaside town but live in London so it’s only a 2 hour drive and it’s my right as I’m almost a local right? It hot and sunny and as someone said it’s usually windy at the beach so won’t catch the virus! It’s not going to be too packed as the pictures are taken with long lenses and low angles to make it looked packed. The beaches will be pristine and the toilets and car parks will be open and I should be able to park without issue. And lockdown is finished now right so as long as I stay alert everything’s fine and dandy... it’s only me and the kids what harm can it do after all it’s not life or death is it? We can sit on the beach safely licking our ice creams with all the other socially awaire tourists and have a very lovely time. Perhaps I will pop in to see my elderly mum Give her a big kiss and take a shit in her garden just in case the toilets are closed. Or perhaps not... not just yet anyway. "

Why don’t you shit in your mums toilet rather than her garden

london

Use Mums toilet...that’s a good idea fantastic example of using common sense...

C o m m o n s e n s e.... why would you go to the beach? (unless you live in a seaside town)...perhaps we need a new slogan...?some people will do what they want... if it kicks off again... even the chance of starting again the cost could be terrible. I really hope I’m wrong and we are indeed seeing light at the end of the tunnel. But let’s just be sensible for just a bit longer...

"Use Mums toilet...that’s a good idea fantastic example of using common sense...

C o m m o n s e n s e.... why would you go to the beach? (unless you live in a seaside town)...perhaps we need a new slogan...?some people will do what they want... if it kicks off again... even the chance of starting again the cost could be terrible. I really hope I’m wrong and we are indeed seeing light at the end of the tunnel. But let’s just be sensible for just a bit longer..."

Some will be sensible, others won’t. You have to remember that we are being asked to follow ‘advice ‘ from a government lead by a man who boasted about shaking hands with virus patients .

london

Before he caught the disease and nearly died... yes he didn’t use common sense and nearly paid the price. Wonder if he learned a lesson? Let’s hope so because we have now had several weeks to listen and learn...and apply common sense. We should not be a nation of people unable to think for ourselves even just a little bit especially when it comes to personal safety ( and that of others). We shouldn’t need a handbook to tell us what to do...get through it quickly as poss now and all political parties work together to solve the massive issues that will impact us all.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"I live in Devon. Please don’t come down here . We’ve been reasonably lucky with numbers from the virus so far. Large influxes will and the potential it brings will be horrific for the county.

In my mind I’ve written off this year. Please do the same .

Thanks "

I saw those pictures of queues up in north Devon and my heart sank at the idiocy and selfishness of these people, just for a day at the beach.

I’ve written off this year as well, not just in terms of holiday, travel etc, and I have far-flung family I’m unlikely to see anytime soon.

Post furlough my livelihood will probably go the way of millions of others. And maybe the virus will get me or my family. But that’s alright as long as the idiots get their day at the beach.

"Before he caught the disease and nearly died... yes he didn’t use common sense and nearly paid the price. Wonder if he learned a lesson? Let’s hope so because we have now had several weeks to listen and learn...and apply common sense. We should not be a nation of people unable to think for ourselves even just a little bit especially when it comes to personal safety ( and that of others). We shouldn’t need a handbook to tell us what to do...get through it quickly as poss now and all political parties work together to solve the massive issues that will impact us all. "

Like I said, some people need to be told , others don’t.

"

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Well if Boris pays 80% off wages ...kids at home some people are classing it as xtra holidays ...tk u Boris and co .....try getting them back to work....x

"Well if Boris pays 80% off wages ...kids at home some people are classing it as xtra holidays ...tk u Boris and co .....try getting them back to work....x"

That makes no sense , people are back at work .

By *hris6Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I wonder if nudist beach is full of people as well ??

"Well if Boris pays 80% off wages ...kids at home some people are classing it as xtra holidays ...tk u Boris and co .....try getting them back to work....x"

Well looking at the traffic on the way to work its looks like the whole construction sector is working.

Roads were just as busy as any normal friday.

"Before he caught the disease and nearly died... yes he didn’t use common sense and nearly paid the price. Wonder if he learned a lesson? Let’s hope so because we have now had several weeks to listen and learn...and apply common sense. We should not be a nation of people unable to think for ourselves even just a little bit especially when it comes to personal safety ( and that of others). We shouldn’t need a handbook to tell us what to do...get through it quickly as poss now and all political parties work together to solve the massive issues that will impact us all. "

I’m in two minds about it

"I’m in two minds about it "

Two minds are better than one

Got about half way though this thread and couldn't read any further. The amount of people saying that lockdown was a bad idea and glad that it's over is infuriating, and they don't follow social distancing either, more to the point these are people who are still clapping every Thursday.

As an NHS worker this is pretty much just like punching us in the face, pretending that it didn't happen and offering to support us through it.

Please if you feel that this virus is just media blowing it out of proportion and that lockdown measures don't help then please keep your fat arse in doors next week and stop keeping up appearences for your neighbours while we care for people who are having to die alone without their families because the risk of spreading the infection is just too high.

If you aren't actually supporting us, then please stop pretending to because you are literally doing less than fuck all to help.

Signed the nhs. X

canterbury

"Well if Boris pays 80% off wages ...kids at home some people are classing it as xtra holidays ...tk u Boris and co .....try getting them back to work....x

That makes no sense , people are back at work . "

what everyone ...i dont think so ...your dreaming again ...i have seen many out and about ...in electric cars and lorries lol

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You do realise why they furloughed people don't you? I find it odd that people are slating workers who are off work for no fault of their own

We are both working from home but don't begrudge people being paid most of their wage to stay at home until this is lifted properly and they can go back to their work...hopefully

"Well if Boris pays 80% off wages ...kids at home some people are classing it as xtra holidays ...tk u Boris and co .....try getting them back to work....x

That makes no sense , people are back at work . what everyone ...i dont think so ...your dreaming again ...i have seen many out and about ...in electric cars and lorries lol"

Again, your not making any sense . Places of work like bars, restaurants, barbers , gyms etc etc are unable to open because the government has quite rightly decided to keep them closed. You can’t be suggested that these people don’t deserve or need to be paid?

canterbury

Yet again your so right number 1 xx

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

You do realise why they furloughed people don't you? I find it odd that people are slating workers who are off work for no fault of their own

We are both working from home but don't begrudge people being paid most of their wage to stay at home until this is lifted properly and they can go back to their work...hopefully "

This. I have been furloughed until the end of May, no contact so far from my HR people to say what happens after that (i.e. whether they move to redundancy consultation period or roll over into more furlough - possibly on reduced pay). This is no holiday, just a rather depressing period of limbo where you’re doing other stuff that should ordinarily be enjoyable, this to keep your mind off the Johnson shitshow. I don’t particularly enjoy my job, at least the way the company thinks I should do it, but I’d rather be working.

"Yet again your so right number 1 xx"

Thanks, I presume your talking to me? It’s difficult to tell at times,

By *nglander2000Man  over a year ago

NORTHAMPTON NEAR M1 JCN 15A

"

EXACTLY THIS !!

It's a long way to go for us to the seaside and you can't stay overnight so what's the point. Better to stop at home in the garden with a pint of beer and a nice comfy chair

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

EXACTLY THIS !!"

Especially with a telephoto lens!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yet again your so right number 1 xx

Thanks, I presume your talking to me? It’s difficult to tell at times,

"

No it was definitely me they were talking to

canterbury

"Yet again your so right number 1 xx

Thanks, I presume your talking to me? It’s difficult to tell at times, "

must be if u think your number 1

Absolutely loads of space at the Lincolnshire East coast around Mablethorpe on Wednesday. The only issue was that the car parks were full and overflowing.

Since when do people sit on the laps of strangers at the beach? They never have done and never will. Absolute trash fake news about again. Down south there is a large nearby population for the few beaches that are nearby. The whole complaint about the beaches being full is so annoying.

Roll on summer and getting to the beach and Camp sites when we want to with freedom.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

You can’t believe the press any more ... the day after the easing they showed pictures of the tube and busses being rammed - claiming it was instantly worse - but the official figures show that train and bus use has not changed much at all over the last two weeks from the initial drop in lock down. It’s the same with photos of beaches - it’s all great for the media fuelling the fear they live from ...

By *irtyfuckercoolMan  over a year ago

upton

They should all be charged for being dickheads lol

"You can’t believe the press any more ... the day after the easing they showed pictures of the tube and busses being rammed - claiming it was instantly worse - but the official figures show that train and bus use has not changed much at all over the last two weeks from the initial drop in lock down. It’s the same with photos of beaches - it’s all great for the media fuelling the fear they live from ... "

So who do you trust, the government??

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"You can’t believe the press any more ... the day after the easing they showed pictures of the tube and busses being rammed - claiming it was instantly worse - but the official figures show that train and bus use has not changed much at all over the last two weeks from the initial drop in lock down. It’s the same with photos of beaches - it’s all great for the media fuelling the fear they live from ...

So who do you trust, the government??"

Over the press? Yes.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Social distancing on the beaches here even though it's busy.

Media fear mongering.

Keeping us in drama.

There will be likely be a mixture of approaches to lockdown ease by the general public.

I live in a sea side town and I mostly see careful distancibg on the sand and in queues. It has been much busier yes, but I feel we need to share the open spaces now. It saves people from cramming into tiny green spaces or going bonkers in their flats.

Public transport is a different matter. I'm not sure how well that is being managed and it feels a bigger risk of exposure than a day at the beach/park.

"You can’t believe the press any more ... the day after the easing they showed pictures of the tube and busses being rammed - claiming it was instantly worse - but the official figures show that train and bus use has not changed much at all over the last two weeks from the initial drop in lock down. It’s the same with photos of beaches - it’s all great for the media fuelling the fear they live from ...

Over the press? Yes. "

All of the press? Oh dear..

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Over the press? Yes.

All of the press? Oh dear.."

You think a journalist knows better than a government... figures.

Over the press? Yes.

All of the press? Oh dear..

You think a journalist knows better than a government... figures. "

Some do yes. Put it this way, I'd trust The FT over anybody in this government. Remember, this is a government who loved nothing more than comparing our figures with other countries, until our figures overtook the other countries.

A government that has been counting a pair of gloves as two pieces of PPE. A government who has been counting the throat swab and nose swab as two separate tests for the virus. Who counted tests ordered and in the post as completed tests. They won't release the Russia report, a PM who won't tell you who pays for his holidays. A government that lied to the Queen.....I could go on.

But you can trust them, by all means, let them keep this charade up. They, think you and me and everybody else are thick......I'm sure we are not.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

A government that has been counting a pair of gloves as two pieces of PPE

."

To be fair, the gloves come in boxes of a 100 I think, they don't come in pairs

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

As a manager once told me, common sense is overrated. This proves his point, quite well.

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

As a manager once told me, common sense is overrated. This proves his point, quite well."

Been To 2 beach's this weekend both by far not full and social distance on both

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I put off going to our local beach because of the media reports. My friend was up there earlier and told me it wasn't remotely busy so we did go over

Ample space and friendly, well distanced, conversations That was at the popular one as well

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/outbreak-of-coronavirus-at-weston-general-hospital-1-6669079

Friend lives over looking South end beach - she says very very busy - but everyone appears to be SD'ing

I live in Southend, walked the dog. A lot were not social distancing, even walking about they were not. Will be different everywhere of course.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

The only poor message is that the peak was past around the 8th April, the overall fatality rate is similar to flu, that if you are under 45 your chances of dying are nearly non existent. That it affects mostly the very old with other health conditions.

And that the lockdown has caused many, many unnecessary deaths itself and that the financial crash that is coming will kill far more than the virus.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

went for my usual walk along the front this morning and was great to see kids playing in the sea and laughing its been a while.Everyone seemed to be doing their best to social distance.

» Add a new message to this topic