FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Second wave?

Second wave?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've seen on the news that trains are implementing social distancing measures but then tubes are packed like normal. Shops and supermarkets are making people queue outside but then once inside the stores people are moving around within close proximity on eachother (not to mention picking up fruit, veg and other products and then putting them back on the shelf). People are flocking to beaches with no social distancing going on. My question is, are people aware that if things continue as they as are then there will be a second wave? Was the lockdown eased too early? Can it even be called a lockdown? There's a bank holiday approaching and with the weather looking great will that see more people breaking social distancing?

Thoughts please. Personally I think the lockdown was eased too soon and I fear a second wave.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

There's that word again....

Fear

It's crippling the country

By *old1974Man  over a year ago

Manchester

There will be a second, third ,forth and so on wave it isn't going away should we stay in lockdown forever?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"There will be a second, third ,forth and so on wave it isn't going away should we stay in lockdown forever?"

A second, third, fourth wave is preventable or can be minimised - all depending on how we handle the first wave.

Nobody in Westminster suggested we stay lock down forever, however as we ease the lockdown, other measures like good hygiene, social distancing etc should be promoted and adhere to.

That’s how you minimise the the chances of second and third waves.

"There will be a second, third ,forth and so on wave it isn't going away should we stay in lockdown forever?"

We shouldn't stay in lockdown forever. But as the government has been saying since the start, save the NHS, surely a "second, third, forth wave..." will put more strain on the NHS. History shows that the second waves in a pandemic has been far worse than the first. I want to get back to normality as much as the next person but with people breaking social distancing could it mean a step back?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Unless we social distance and stay locked down forever... without a working vaccine then it will be like flu.. or a cold.. it will keep coming back.

We cant stay SD forever or on lockdown.... oh and other countries arent getting 2nd waves after lifting lockdown

They have already said that they think this will be seasonal

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get the fucking country open again get on with it! What will be will be.

Although I think this is the second wave now.. as may reports suggest it was probably already here late Nov early dec

Manchester

I work in a hospital and the number of covid patients is 5, nightingale hospitals zero I really don't think going to a beach is going to overwhelm the NHS anytime soon.

"I work in a hospital and the number of covid patients is 5, nightingale hospitals zero I really don't think going to a beach is going to overwhelm the NHS anytime soon."

Thank fuck someone telling the truth ..

Only thing people are suffering from is mass hysteria..and being gullible and believing main stream media

"Get the fucking country open again get on with it! What will be will be.

Although I think this is the second wave now.. as may reports suggest it was probably already here late Nov early dec

"

Experts are saying a second wave is 4 to 5 weeks away

Experts are saying a second wave is 4 to 5 weeks away "

Same experts that are paid by whom?

The people who want to instill the fear and compliance

Manchester

Then open hairdressers so we can get a chop before we lockdown again.

"I work in a hospital and the number of covid patients is 5, nightingale hospitals zero I really don't think going to a beach is going to overwhelm the NHS anytime soon."

My neighbour works as an ITU nurse and she's seen it get slightly busier with Covid19 cases in the last week and she's said that experts are worried about a second wave in 4 to 5 weeks and a third in or around November.

"Then open hairdressers so we can get a chop before we lockdown again."

So true lol, I could do with a trim.

I work in hospital most beds empty. We prepared for it but the rush of covid patients did not happen

The people who want to instill the fear and compliance "

What he said!

When I got up this morning I looked like ken Dodd on a bad hair day!

I'm a barber its joke .. when we go back it wont be like before ..they will make us dress up like we are going to perform surgery.

And it will be half the customers seen each day .. good luck getting in.

Oddly I can't do my own job where I can control who comes in ..

But I can get a shit job working nights in a supermarket.

(Not that it bothers me)

Where there is no ppe or social distance bullshit ..

People are working as close to me as if I were cutting hair..

No mask nothing..

Why that, and then when we can open I have to dress up like a dr .. cunts ..

Oh and by the way .. half the food that goes on the shelf has been slid across the floor ..and the milk and meat ..stays out way longer than it should..

Your welcome

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Order some clippers from Argos quick while you can, they are still taking online orders

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

There are currently 10,000 people in hospital with Covid 19. So whilst the institution you work in may have low numbers, lots others still have plenty.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Totally agree and no, we need to move on

Manchester

As I said I work in a hospital would you have the same view of not being concerned if I was treating a member of your family and I had the same view?

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Nobody in Westminster suggested we stay lock down forever, however as we ease the lockdown, other measures like good hygiene, social distancing etc should be promoted and adhere to.

That’s how you minimise the the chances of second and third waves. "

Really good point.

I read a piece about Sweden's apparently laisser faire view around isolating, stating the character of Swedes is different to other Europeans, they're generally conformers, so aren't taxed by social distancing etc

We tend to challenge/ignore rules, so it may well take two/three waves to promote the required behaviour change before the general population believes they need to act differently.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The virus is here until further notice as the government chose this, instead of eradication. If they had taken different steps to tightly isolate when total infections were lower, and or have continuous effective contact tracing - implemented testing of everyone suspected of infection, isolated infected contacts, with lockdowns started as soon as they know they aren't stopping it and not easing lockdowns until r values are shown by testing to be very low for any area to come out of lockdown, we'd be safer and have many fewer deaths.

Too little of the right things done. Too much emphasis on the economy and not on evidence of other countries who were successful.

It didn't have to be this way. Neither does the blind pursuit down the rabbit holes were jumping in to. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are looking wiser.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I work in a hospital and the number of covid patients is 5, nightingale hospitals zero I really don't think going to a beach is going to overwhelm the NHS anytime soon.

Thank fuck someone telling the truth ..

Only thing people are suffering from is mass hysteria..and being gullible and believing main stream media "

By *r8t_WhiteMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Responsible government is to govern the situation.

A vaccine is 50/50 within a year at best.

The country can't afford to be permanently locked down on the hope of a vaccine coming along at sometime.

Soooo.......

A responsible government needs to manage the exposure to keep levels at or slightly below what the NHS can cope with. To give as many as possible a fighting chance.

An R rating ranging from 0.8 to 1.2 is desirable.

It ain't rocket science guys.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I've seen on the news that trains are implementing social distancing measures but then tubes are packed like normal. Shops and supermarkets are making people queue outside but then once inside the stores people are moving around within close proximity on eachother (not to mention picking up fruit, veg and other products and then putting them back on the shelf). People are flocking to beaches with no social distancing going on. My question is, are people aware that if things continue as they as are then there will be a second wave? Was the lockdown eased too early? Can it even be called a lockdown? There's a bank holiday approaching and with the weather looking great will that see more people breaking social distancing?

Thoughts please. Personally I think the lockdown was eased too soon and I fear a second wave. "

Ask the question in two weeks and you'll get an accurate answer

Nobody knows

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

A friend of ours works in icu in the south east ....the only thing he has got at the moment is too many staff...and no customers x

Torquay

Hahaha but that's the only factor that really matters..... otherwise common Cold is a pandemic!

Lock down!

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

There will be no second wave. But do as you are told, just in case.

Glasgow

"A friend of ours works in icu in the south east ....the only thing he has got at the moment is too many staff...and no customers x"

That's fantastic! Imagine though what the situation might have been like without the protection measures or if those measures are relaxed to soon?

Glasgow

"Responsible government is to govern the situation.

A vaccine is 50/50 within a year at best.

The country can't afford to be permanently locked down on the hope of a vaccine coming along at sometime.

Soooo.......

A responsible government needs to manage the exposure to keep levels at or slightly below what the NHS can cope with. To give as many as possible a fighting chance.

An R rating ranging from 0.8 to 1.2 is desirable.

It ain't rocket science guys. "

We are in this for the long haul, this is a 9 innings virus, we are only on innings no.2,the virus doesn't care about hope or fear,its not bothered about your family or friends, if we dont come up with a plan to actually live with this then many more will die

Hope is not a strategy, Dr Michael osterholm director of infectious diceases at minnesota University

Stay safe.... Dash

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"

One of the ways to combat a pandemic is herd immunity, are you willing to infect yourself and catch it to build up the populations immunity?

I mean sure we dont know if there will be any immunity for a decent length of time, but you're a man in a rush to get a haircut and some McDonalds, it's a risk you're willing to take right? And you'd be happy to refuse treatment to not overburden the NHS too, right?

To be honest my cancer is more likely to kill me than Covid, I haven't a clue how it is progressing.

"To be honest my cancer is more likely to kill me than Covid, I haven't a clue how it is progressing."

Really, that's very sad,good luck

This is the second wave. We had the unofficial first one around christmas time.

Torquay

"This is the second wave. We had the unofficial first one around christmas time. "

As much as I'd like to agree with you, and nod along absently as I mentally undress you. Lol.

What are you actually basing this claim on.

"This is the second wave. We had the unofficial first one around christmas time. "

You know you could actually be right, and I think I had it

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

So the first wave caused zero deaths??

"This is the second wave. We had the unofficial first one around christmas time.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, and nod along absently as I mentally undress you. Lol.

What are you actually basing this claim on. "

She's already undressed

"This is the second wave. We had the unofficial first one around christmas time.

So the first wave caused zero deaths??"

How do you know there were zero deaths

So the first wave caused zero deaths??"

Pneumonia was put down as the cause of illness/deaths prior to this. Plenty of those.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

She's already undressed "

His kink is that hot skeleton action. Every time he goes to his GP he tries to get alone time with the skeleton model.

She's already undressed "

I'll have to be re-dressed

You know you could actually be right, and I think I had it"

Everybody I speak to has, and this is why the death rate has been so high, the deadly 'second wave'

Pneumonia was put down as the cause of illness/deaths prior to this. Plenty of those. "

A lot of deaths have covid-19 on the certificates, they don't know as they aren't doing postmortem s

Pneumonia was put down as the cause of illness/deaths prior to this. Plenty of those.

A lot of deaths have covid-19 on the certificates, they don't know as they aren't doing postmortem s"

Before covid was a thing, lots of deaths were recorded for pnuemonia that had also been negative for flu

Bracknell

How do you know there were zero deaths "

I was being a bit obtuse but I'm sure people would have noticed extra excessive deaths during that time and I'm sure it's been looked at regarding weekly death rates compared to averages of those weeks over the last 5 years. A few Eu countries have said one or two deaths have now been attributed to the virus but I hardly think that can be counted as a wave.

Torquay

"

His kink is that hot skeleton action. Every time he goes to his GP he tries to get alone time with the skeleton model."

Fatist bastard! Hahaha

Bracknell

I was being a bit obtuse but I'm sure people would have noticed extra excessive deaths during that time and I'm sure it's been looked at regarding weekly death rates compared to averages of those weeks over the last 5 years. A few Eu countries have said one or two deaths have now been attributed to the virus but I hardly think that can be counted as a wave. "

Oops I meant to put one or two deaths in December last year

I was being a bit obtuse but I'm sure people would have noticed extra excessive deaths during that time and I'm sure it's been looked at regarding weekly death rates compared to averages of those weeks over the last 5 years. A few Eu countries have said one or two deaths have now been attributed to the virus but I hardly think that can be counted as a wave. "

Just to contradict myself,the death rate from 2019 and 2018 in April, may and June is higher than this year

Torquay

A lot of deaths have covid-19 on the certificates, they don't know as they aren't doing postmortem s

Before covid was a thing, lots of deaths were recorded for pnuemonia that had also been negative for flu "

So can you show us the death rates in December for pneumonia over the past few years?

She's already undressed

His kink is that hot skeleton action. Every time he goes to his GP he tries to get alone time with the skeleton model."

Before covid was a thing, lots of deaths were recorded for pnuemonia that had also been negative for flu

So can you show us the death rates in December for pneumonia over the past few years? "

Im afraid I cannot no.

So can you show us the death rates in December for pneumonia over the past few years? "

Just Google it, you have Google dont you?

So can you show us the death rates in December for pneumonia over the past few years?

Im afraid I cannot no. "

Actually here we go, good old google copy and pasted

'There were 129,821 deaths registered in England in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2019; this was 6,752 more deaths than the five-year average (2014 to 2018) for this quarter'

Torquay

Just Google it, you have Google dont you? "

Hahaha, stupidly thought you'd already looked at the information. Hahaha

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I bloody hope not I hope to be on a plane in August

But then second wave will be flu season !!

Torquay

Im afraid I cannot no.

'There were 129,821 deaths registered in England in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2019; this was 6,752 more deaths than the five-year average (2014 to 2018) for this quarter'"

Hahaha, is that what you are basing it on.

Less than 5% swing on a AVERAGE number.

That is absolutely nothing. How do you know that the year before was 5% lower than average.

Must be some proper figures you guys are using?

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

Of course there will brave additional waves of this

The only thing that would stop it is eradication which is virtually impossible (staying in for few months does not eradicate it)

Can’t believe intelligent people think there won’t be

Im afraid I cannot no.

'There were 129,821 deaths registered in England in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2019; this was 6,752 more deaths than the five-year average (2014 to 2018) for this quarter'

That is absolutely nothing. How do you know that the year before was 5% lower than average.

Must be some proper figures you guys are using? "

Show us some proper figures then Einstein

Im afraid I cannot no.

Must be some proper figures you guys are using? "

It came from the office of national statistics. To my mind it is still sounding like nearly 7000 more deaths than you would have expected. Why dont you look at the year before and tell me haha.

Why does the thought of this idea upset you though?

Im afraid I cannot no.

Show us some proper figures then Einstein "

I counted on my fingers And toes and everything!

Im afraid I cannot no.

Show us some proper figures then Einstein

I counted on my fingers And toes and everything! "

By *awtyjeniWoman  over a year ago

Bromley

Exactly !

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Lockdown was just a timing buffer while they fixed the nhs , if it’s fixed now, enough beds for those at risk , and thick people now know to wash their hands, no issue , let’s all get back to normal

canterbury

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I have heard the same from my local hospital. Has anyone here experienced a hospital that has been overwhelmed at any point ? It's been a bit confusing tbh .. A&E departments are at record breaking low levels of usage and routine appointments cancelled .. maybe save the ICU departments but not the NHS ...

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well I'm still effectively in 'lockdown' and I am going stir fucking crazy! I am normally a very stoic person, but every now and then I have a wobble!

Was emailed by work today that we will definitely be out of the office until 20th July, so has given me mini palpitations as living and working alone is bloody hard to say the least yet still expected to deliver results!

Being alone through all of this is fucking hard, so I wish others feeling the same all the best will ever! Stay in there and stay strong! And it's ok to break down now and again

canterbury

This now seems total bollocks ...sea fronts packed and friends in car with 2 kids to Devon to visit parents ...as they say tk u Boris 80% wages and 8 weeks off happy days ...how many more like this ...total crap

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"This now seems total bollocks ...sea fronts packed and friends in car with 2 kids to Devon to visit parents ...as they say tk u Boris 80% wages and 8 weeks off happy days ...how many more like this ...total crap"

But do you agree with them?

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

There will never be a right time to relax lockdown as the virus isn't going away we need a choice if we want to be in crowded areas, social distance will be with us for a while. I've been working all along and found the last week to be very busy on the roads, what I don't get is that people are more concerned about being able to go to the takeaway, beach, parks than seeing close family and being able to work. I really feel for the industries that have no hope of returning to work for a long time.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Lockdown was just a timing buffer while they fixed the nhs , if it’s fixed now, enough beds for those at risk , and thick people now know to wash their hands, no issue , let’s all get back to normal "

Torquay

Im afraid I cannot no.

Show us some proper figures then Einstein "

Einstein? Errrrrr not even in the same ballpark. Lol.

To ask what figures you've seen to draw the conclusions that you are proposing is just a logical question.

Torquay

Im afraid I cannot no.

It came from the office of national statistics. To my mind it is still sounding like nearly 7000 more deaths than you would have expected. Why dont you look at the year before and tell me haha.

Why does the thought of this idea upset you though? "

Those figures you posted are no doubt accurate.

But the figures don't actually tell you anything.

They are not relevant to your proposition of an earlier wave, before the virus was even registered in China or anywhere else.

They is no emotional upset from me. I'm just asking for the evidence that has convinced you of your claims.

canterbury

"This now seems total bollocks ...sea fronts packed and friends in car with 2 kids to Devon to visit parents ...as they say tk u Boris 80% wages and 8 weeks off happy days ...how many more like this ...total crap

But do you agree with them? "

no but if they can get 80% and not work it's not a bad deal ...get back to work is my thoughts

Im afraid I cannot no.

They are not relevant to your proposition of an earlier wave, before the virus was even registered in China or anywhere else.

They is no emotional upset from me. I'm just asking for the evidence that has convinced you of your claims. "

I gave you my evidence taken off an official website which is entirely relevant to what I said. You are just using assumption to try and make a point and sounding a bit wishy washy with it

Torquay

Im afraid I cannot no.

They is no emotional upset from me. I'm just asking for the evidence that has convinced you of your claims.

I gave you my evidence taken off an official website which is entirely relevant to what I said. You are just using assumption to try and make a point and sounding a bit wishy washy with it "

Hahaha. I'll try one more time. More clearly. Lol.

You saw a figure that UK deaths in December 2019 were circa 4.5% above a five year average.

So you claimed there must have been a early wave of covid 19 in the UK before it was registered in China or anywhere else in the world.

Can you know see why someone would ask for some real evidence?

Or perhaps you wouldn't? Lol.

Im afraid I cannot no.

I gave you my evidence taken off an official website which is entirely relevant to what I said. You are just using assumption to try and make a point and sounding a bit wishy washy with it

Hahaha. I'll try one more time. More clearly. Lol.

You saw a figure that UK deaths in December 2019 were circa 4.5% above a five year average.

So you claimed there must have been a early wave of covid 19 in the UK before it was registered in China or anywhere else in the world.

Can you know see why someone would ask for some real evidence?

Or perhaps you wouldn't? Lol. "

You keep trying as often as you like until you can understand, I'm not sure I have an obligation to prove a theory but Im fairly sure I did, well enough for me anyway. Would you like me to do a full report and fax it over. I can do it in big writing ? ! Lol.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

The people who want to instill the fear and compliance "

Why would any experts want to instill fear and compliance - what have they to gain by this - you really are taking conspiracy theories far too seriously.

Torquay

" I did, well enough for me anyway. Would you like me to do a full report and fax it over. I can do it in big writing ? ! Lol. "

Okay, enough said.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think there is a big different between what you are going to see as spikes and what you are going to see as a wave...

remember that hancock has said that they reckon 15% of london, and 5% of the rest of the country have had covid so far... so you can see home much damage it has done with a relatively small amount of the population...

so if anyone mentions herd immunity.. tell them to shut up!!!

i think what you are like to see for the next few months are localised hotspots and flair ups... so its almost going to like dampening down pop up fires.....

the issue is going to be in the autumn, when the flu comes around this is likely to comeback up as well...

the question is going to be... if lets say between december and january it comes back as bad as it did...... do you then shut down the country again?

"i think there is a big different between what you are going to see as spikes and what you are going to see as a wave...

remember that hancock has said that they reckon 15% of london, and 5% of the rest of the country have had covid so far... so you can see home much damage it has done with a relatively small amount of the population...

so if anyone mentions herd immunity.. tell them to shut up!!!

i think what you are like to see for the next few months are localised hotspots and flair ups... so its almost going to like dampening down pop up fires.....

the issue is going to be in the autumn, when the flu comes around this is likely to comeback up as well...

the question is going to be... if lets say between december and january it comes back as bad as it did...... do you then shut down the country again?"

We are in this for the long haul,it's only just started, we need to adapt very quickly for economy sake,complacency will be our undoing

Experts are saying a second wave is 4 to 5 weeks away "

Which experts....I've not heard anthing on those lines. Unless of course it's "fab experts" in which case I missed the thread.

I appreciate it's different in different areas but R is now below 0.4 in London. At that rate (if it stays there) it would be gone by end of June....

Torquay

Shut down will not be a option, has anyone else seen the borrowing figures?

A vaccine seems unlikely within 12months or even longer.

So our only choice is to use social distancing and keep the R rating between 0.8 and 1.2 to manage hospital admissions.

With the aim of achieving a herd immunity with in the productive part of the economy.

Or we accept being 50% poorer as a nation, give up all the benefits we enjoy from our countrt/economy, including the NHS, education, law and order etc etc. ...

Surely even the dimist can appreciate that? Lol.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Shut down will not be a option, has anyone else seen the borrowing figures?

So our only choice is to use social distancing and keep the R rating between 0.8 and 1.2 to manage hospital admissions.

With the aim of achieving a herd immunity with in the productive part of the economy.

Or we accept being 50% poorer as a nation, give up all the benefits we enjoy from our countrt/economy, including the NHS, education, law and order etc etc. ...

Surely even the dimist can appreciate that? Lol. "

exactly why do you think the rest of Europe is opening up? Can't hide away forever.

Which experts....I've not heard anthing on those lines. Unless of course it's "fab experts" in which case I missed the thread.

I appreciate it's different in different areas but R is now below 0.4 in London. At that rate (if it stays there) it would be gone by end of June...."

An expert in this field said his greatest fear is for it to go quite, and for people to think it has gone away and get complacent

Newcastle and Gateshead

I appreciate it's different in different areas but R is now below 0.4 in London. At that rate (if it stays there) it would be gone by end of June...."

the difference between parts of the country can look as large as this

on the same day that london recorded only 24 new cases of covid, yorkshire and the north east recorded 4200 new cases! the north west recorded 3800 new cases....

it will come back out as people relax their guards... and as more people travel greater distances! (inter city train travel as basically died at the moment!)

its going nowhere....

Newcastle and Gateshead

Surely even the dimist can appreciate that? Lol. "

see i hate the people who push the herd immunity arguement for the economy.. because its a sneeky way of saying "sure i'd let people die, its the oldes and weakest anyway!! i want mine back....

look at it like this... i'm going to be generous and say 10% of the uk population have had covid so far....

10% has cost use about 35-40000 lives....

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia.....

Torquay

see i hate the people who push the herd immunity arguement for the economy.. because its a sneeky way of saying "sure i'd let people die, its the oldes and weakest anyway!! i want mine back....

look at it like this... i'm going to be generous and say 10% of the uk population have had covid so far....

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia..... "

Your maths/logic may be right.

But that's not what I said so please don't presume.

I explained the facts and choices as I see it.

Having a herd immunity in the working/productive part of the economy doesn't mean those at high risk are sacrificed.

They can continue to shield themselves, in the hope that at sometime a vaccine is found.

But luckily the vast majority of these are not in the productive part of the economy and their shielding impact could be managed.

Hope that's clearer.

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia..... "

Not true we don't have hundreds of thousands of old and vulnerable so numbers will be lower.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia..... Not true we don't have hundreds of thousands of old and vulnerable so numbers will be lower. "

Jeeze I would hate to be an elderly relative of yours talk about heartless.

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia..... Not true we don't have hundreds of thousands of old and vulnerable so numbers will be lower.

Jeeze I would hate to be an elderly relative of yours talk about heartless."

And persistent

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia..... Not true we don't have hundreds of thousands of old and vulnerable so numbers will be lower. "

Ons figures for 2016 give over 11 million people over 65, about 18% of the UK population..

Take away the average deaths pa and we are still looking at several million, and as to how many are vulnerable who knows..

You seem to be saying there's not a lot so that's OK if a number of them pay the price..?

to get o herd immunity you need a minimum 60-70% of the population.... you do the maths over have many hundreds of thousand would die to get to your utopia..... Not true we don't have hundreds of thousands of old and vulnerable so numbers will be lower.

Jeeze I would hate to be an elderly relative of yours talk about heartless."

No heartless we can protect our old and vulnerable, it's people using project fear of thousands dying if we come out of lockdown. We must stop using numbers that are way out to scare people.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Jeeze I would hate to be an elderly relative of yours talk about heartless.No heartless we can protect our old and vulnerable, it's people using project fear of thousands dying if we come out of lockdown. We must stop using numbers that are way out to scare people. "

Over 50,000 death's more than the yearly average is enough to scare me anyone who isn't scared is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Jeeze I would hate to be an elderly relative of yours talk about heartless.No heartless we can protect our old and vulnerable, it's people using project fear of thousands dying if we come out of lockdown. We must stop using numbers that are way out to scare people.

Over 50,000 death's more than the yearly average is enough to scare me anyone who isn't scared is living in cloud cuckoo land."

Most of the extra deaths are due to the fucked up care homes system, hopefully they are on top of that now. We are all to blame for this shoved our old into homes and left it to private money making companies to care of the old.

Jeeze I would hate to be an elderly relative of yours talk about heartless.No heartless we can protect our old and vulnerable, it's people using project fear of thousands dying if we come out of lockdown. We must stop using numbers that are way out to scare people.

Over 50,000 death's more than the yearly average is enough to scare me anyone who isn't scared is living in cloud cuckoo land.Most of the extra deaths are due to the fucked up care homes system, hopefully they are on top of that now. We are all to blame for this shoved our old into homes and left it to private money making companies to care of the old. "

I agree to some point but at the end of the day it was that virus that you want to unleash...that killed them.

Over 50,000 death's more than the yearly average is enough to scare me anyone who isn't scared is living in cloud cuckoo land.Most of the extra deaths are due to the fucked up care homes system, hopefully they are on top of that now. We are all to blame for this shoved our old into homes and left it to private money making companies to care of the old.

I agree to some point but at the end of the day it was that virus that you want to unleash...that killed them."

Unleash that's so funny, so you believe we can hold this or any virus down it will run it's course. Thinking we can hide from it is means it's going to be a long haul. If enough fit people catch it the virus dies out, protect the vulnerable and get on with our lives.

» Add a new message to this topic