FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tourism

Tourism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ady Lick OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Just watching a bit of news. A few countries are welcoming tourists back soon, Greece, Spain.

When you arrive you have a swab taken then stay in your hotel for 24 hours, sometimes longer. Beaches split into cubes that you can't leave. Sun beds need to be prebooked and placed all around the hotel. And that's just for starters.

I think I'll give it a year, maybe more before I go away with my family.

What do you guys think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *old1974Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I'll have a caravan in Devon this year.

Northampton Somewhere

"I'll have a caravan in Devon this year."

Probably be a bit more relaxing!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I don't fancy getting on a plane just yet!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I was fancying Greece in August seems we won’t be allowed in !!!

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Just watching a bit of news. A few countries are welcoming tourists back soon, Greece, Spain.

When you arrive you have a swab taken then stay in your hotel for 24 hours, sometimes longer. Beaches split into cubes that you can't leave. Sun beds need to be prebooked and placed all around the hotel. And that's just for starters.

What do you guys think?"

And if it kicks off again you might end up stranded..

Northampton Somewhere

"I was fancying Greece in August seems we won’t be allowed in !!!"

I'm sure they said Greece was hoping for people to go fairly soon.

Northampton Somewhere

"I don't fancy getting on a plane just yet! "

Me neither!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

I won’t be deterred. Soon as we’re able to fly, I’m off on holiday to Greece.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"I don't fancy getting on a plane just yet!

Me neither!"

Heathrow went live for their thermal screening tech trials today, if it goes well all uk airports will implement it

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I'm still planning on flying out for summer Until the FCO or virgin cancelled it then I'll be packing our cases and getting ready

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I don't fancy getting on a plane just yet!

Me neither!"

We have booked for December

in Tenrife.

Hopefully a little more freedom by then.

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I'm not going to miss what I've never done, going abroad. But I'm hearing people are pretty gutted if they been doing so.

"I was fancying Greece in August seems we won’t be allowed in !!!

I'm sure they said Greece was hoping for people to go fairly soon."

But didn't the government say not to go abroad this year?

But didn't the government say not to go abroad this year?"

No

Gonna use the caravan or the boat on the canals. Enough beautiful places to visit in this country. Now if only the weather could stay like this

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've got a holiday booked in Sicily in September x

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I've got a holiday booked in Sicily in September x "

My plan

Buy a boat sail around the UK

Then west coast of France Spain then Italy and Croatia

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Be happy getting away in our camper van. Holidays are supposed to be relaxing and that sounds horrendous

"Gonna use the caravan or the boat on the canals. Enough beautiful places to visit in this country. Now if only the weather could stay like this "

Oops.....should read “or take the boat.” Think the caravan would sink lol

Sounds great to me. 24 hour quarantine is much better than 14 days.

Northampton Somewhere

"Be happy getting away in our camper van. Holidays are supposed to be relaxing and that sounds horrendous "

Yeah, that's what I thought. Holidays are supposed to be restriction free!

Staycation for us this year

Northampton Somewhere

"Sounds great to me. 24 hour quarantine is much better than 14 days."

I'm sure it was mentioned you had to quarantine when you got back to the UK. I was only half listening though.

"Sounds great to me. 24 hour quarantine is much better than 14 days.

I'm sure it was mentioned you had to quarantine when you got back to the UK. I was only half listening though. "

currently they are suggesting it x

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I would not be to worried about the hotel and distancing thing myself, I would be more worried about the getting there and back Planes powered down and standing around for months on end not being moved or run. We all know how bad it is just leaving our cars standing for a few weeks nevermind an airplane with loads of electronic and computer equipment on controlling it I will pass on that thanks.

Northampton Somewhere

"I would not be to worried about the hotel and distancing thing myself, I would be more worried about the getting there and back Planes powered down and standing around for months on end not being moved or run. We all know how bad it is just leaving our cars standing for a few weeks nevermind an airplane with loads of electronic and computer equipment on controlling it I will pass on that thanks. "

Hadn't thought of that. My cars battery needed replacing

Northampton Somewhere

I'm sure it was mentioned you had to quarantine when you got back to the UK. I was only half listening though. currently they are suggesting it x "

Can't imagine many people would after a 2 week hol x

A box at end of your bed

"I would not be to worried about the hotel and distancing thing myself, I would be more worried about the getting there and back Planes powered down and standing around for months on end not being moved or run. We all know how bad it is just leaving our cars standing for a few weeks nevermind an airplane with loads of electronic and computer equipment on controlling it I will pass on that thanks.

Hadn't thought of that. My cars battery needed replacing "

In all honesty I don't think many people have given much thought to it. I heard something somewhere the other day could cost 10 thousand per plane to service before they can fly again. That's a lot of money for a business that has already taken a huge loss in income and profits.

By *tteve500Man  over a year ago

West Drayton

It's ok i live less than 2 miles away from airport and they have put plastic bags over the engine

No"

from what i can gather the fco are still advising against all but essential travel so you insurance is null and void but they cant actually stop you from going

im looking into renting an apartment abroad and working remotely there instead of my spare room , ive decided balcony beats window and i have no outdoor space here , not worth staying here for an occasional distanced chat in the park with someone , i can just zoom them from spain

By *ongWayAroundMan  over a year ago

Boston

I love the assumption that other countries will welcome us. I went into Skegness today to get some sunblock and fuel. Taj was blitzing around in his chrome plated Lambo and people everywhere giving no fucks for social distancing. That's enough tourism for men for one year lmao.

No

from what i can gather the fco are still advising against all but essential travel so you insurance is null and void but they cant actually stop you from going

im looking into renting an apartment abroad and working remotely there instead of my spare room , ive decided balcony beats window and i have no outdoor space here , not worth staying here for an occasional distanced chat in the park with someone , i can just zoom them from spain "

Makes perfect sense

Flintshire

Only countries that were managing the virus ... don’t think we have

Flintshire

I'm sure it was mentioned you had to quarantine when you got back to the UK. I was only half listening though. "

I don’t mind that another 2 weeks off work!!

Northampton Somewhere

"I love the assumption that other countries will welcome us. I went into Skegness today to get some sunblock and fuel. Taj was blitzing around in his chrome plated Lambo and people everywhere giving no fucks for social distancing. That's enough tourism for men for one year lmao. "

It's not an assumption ~ it was on the news

Boston

" It's not an assumption ~ it was on the news"

I'm sorry I know. I didn't mean the people who take tourists money, I mean the people who live there and could view tourists as plague carriers.

The local population of Skegness think the people driving 100 miles from their city to sit on a beach where they are not welcome are irresponsible, selfish, and insane. Skegness economy is also dependant on tourism, but visitors are not welcome right now. Not one bit. Just because the news (government) says all is good to go it doesn't mean it really is when tourists get there.

Just a thought. ??

Northampton Somewhere

" It's not an assumption ~ it was on the news

I'm sorry I know. I didn't mean the people who take tourists money, I mean the people who live there and could view tourists as plague carriers.

The local population of Skegness think the people driving 100 miles from their city to sit on a beach where they are not welcome are irresponsible, selfish, and insane. Skegness economy is also dependant on tourism, but visitors are not welcome right now. Not one bit. Just because the news (government) says all is good to go it doesn't mean it really is when tourists get there.

Just a thought. ??

"

Totally agree with you but I wasn't referring to UK tourism, I meant us going abroad to countries that are beginning to think about welcoming holiday makers.

" It's not an assumption ~ it was on the news

Just a thought. ??

"

skegness isnt really an economy though is it, its part ok the uk where there will be plenty of areas not dependant on tourism paying into the pot to help support them

places like the greek islands and the canary islands tourism is pretty much their full economy and without it they could be in much bigger trouble

A box at end of your bed

"It's ok i live less than 2 miles away from airport and they have put plastic bags over the engine "

That will help stop birds, other animals and debris from getting into the engines, but these machines almost never stopped moving or running. Looking at computer systems hydraulic systems that have not been powered for months.

As I say I would not fancy being on any of the first few flights. I do believe the airline industry will take a long time to recover from this. But I am no expert I could be wrong.

Living in Canary’s just now is great. Pubs and restaurants are all open! The Beach opens on Monday and from what we can see. It looks great. We have more space in round the sunloungers

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"It's ok i live less than 2 miles away from airport and they have put plastic bags over the engine

That will help stop birds, other animals and debris from getting into the engines, but these machines almost never stopped moving or running. Looking at computer systems hydraulic systems that have not been powered for months.

As I say I would not fancy being on any of the first few flights. I do believe the airline industry will take a long time to recover from this. But I am no expert I could be wrong."

Virgin Atlantic used this time to change out some of the engines (Rolls Royce Trent 1000 engines) and B.A has begun to prepare it's fleet ,

As well as many airlines booking simulator slots for the pilots. It's almost like the airline industry has a vague idea about the rules in place and are preparing for the machines and staff to resume

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Foreign holders in the sun provides a lot of uncertainty. Any country can change entry rules, operators may alter schedules, new travel insurance is unlikely to cover covid19 issues, not to mention that travelling, from safe distance airport queues onwards could be an ordeal. Fewer people will be confused enough to take the risk umo.

The UK will be increasingly opened and businesses eager for business. Lots of things to do instead of the beach or to supplement it. I don't know yet what I will do but will wait for progress and am looking forward to seeing more of the UK

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Foreign holidays, not holders

Boston

"Skegness isnt really an economy though is it?

Yes. Yes it has its own local economy.

places like the greek islands and the canary islands tourism is pretty much their full economy and without it they could be in much bigger trouble "

Those mediteranian islands can feed their populations. They have done for thousands of years.

YES

"Just watching a bit of news. A few countries are welcoming tourists back soon, Greece, Spain.

What do you guys think?"

Booked Turkey August 2021 so we'll have to wait and see how everything works out.

Flintshire

"Living in Canary’s just now is great. Pubs and restaurants are all open! The Beach opens on Monday and from what we can see. It looks great. We have more space in round the sunloungers "

Sounds fab

"I'm still planning on flying out for summer Until the FCO or virgin cancelled it then I'll be packing our cases and getting ready "
Really, now chance sorry!!

"Skegness isnt really an economy though is it?

Yes. Yes it has its own local economy.

places like the greek islands and the canary islands tourism is pretty much their full economy and without it they could be in much bigger trouble

Those mediteranian islands can feed their populations. They have done for thousands of years."

thousands of years ago we lived without much more than tourism .... electricity , modern medicine, the internet

just because something was possible in history, doesnt mean it would be the preferred or sensible choice in a modern world

By *oss25Man  over a year ago

Flitwick and Fakenham

Going nowhere! Why take the risk of crowded airports, planes and hotels?

"Going nowhere! Why take the risk of crowded airports, planes and hotels? "

Because I’m not ruled by fear.

News today of a test that takes only 20 minutes. If that's possible with enough accuracy, they could test everyone and don't allow them to board the flight if they are infected.

So that means you’re never going out the house...

"I've got a holiday booked in Sicily in September x

My plan

Buy a boat sail around the UK

Then west coast of France Spain then Italy and Croatia

"

sounds line a plan. I'm planning to drive across to Sicily via many places next year or the year after

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

14 day quarantine when you get back to the UK.

Flitwick and Fakenham

"Going nowhere! Why take the risk of crowded airports, planes and hotels?

Because I’m not ruled by fear."

Fear has nothing to do with it, just a smattering of common sense

Flitwick and Fakenham

So that means you’re never going out the house... "

Again, a common sense approach.....will happily drive in the UK, Europe and Scandinavia

Northampton Somewhere

"14 day quarantine when you get back to the UK."

Or another 20 minute test if what the poster above said is true.

Fear has nothing to do with it, just a smattering of common sense "

I must have none then as I cant wait to get my backside on a plane and go on holiday..and I'm terrified of flying

I won't be getting on a plane anytime soon. They don't call them infection tubes for no reason.

Flintshire

Because I’m not ruled by fear."

This

Flintshire

Fear has nothing to do with it, just a smattering of common sense I must have none then as I cant wait to get my backside on a plane and go on holiday..and I'm terrified of flying "

Flintshire

Guess your never going out again then

"I won't be getting on a plane anytime soon. They don't call them infection tubes for no reason.

"

Same here. I would love to go to Thailand were it's got hardly any infection compared to here.

But 14 hours of flying and 3 airports to go through each way...not a cat in hells chance this year.

I think we'll be lucky to get a camping pitch in the middle of nowhere this year if we are lucky. I get a bad feeling about all this.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/20 13:20:10]

Fear has nothing to do with it, just a smattering of common sense I must have none then as I cant wait to get my backside on a plane and go on holiday..and I'm terrified of flying "

Plane just crashed in Lahore with 99 people on board....just saying

"14 day quarantine when you get back to the UK.

Or another 20 minute test if what the poster above said is true."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52762153

No ta not desperate to go abroad. Not worth the hassle especially when all locations will still be on edge from corona. And if you so happen to be in a place which has an outbreak you may come into some big issues for leaving the country and also receiving care.

By *onandCouple  over a year ago

Cheadle

Realistically holidays abroad this year will not happen. Yes economics play a big part but so do life’s.

Air travel is going to be a pain and some countries saying only maybe, looks like UK holiday this year. Wished there was a holiday park catering for swingers, bet it would be booked up for the rest of the year.

Northampton Somewhere

"I think we'll be lucky to get a camping pitch in the middle of nowhere this year if we are lucky. I get a bad feeling about all this."

I've read somewhere caravans are ok but camping is a no, no.

"Air travel is going to be a pain and some countries saying only maybe, looks like UK holiday this year. Wished there was a holiday park catering for swingers, bet it would be booked up for the rest of the year. "

Rent a few acres off a farmer...make a fortune

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Living in Canary’s just now is great. Pubs and restaurants are all open! The Beach opens on Monday and from what we can see. It looks great. We have more space in round the sunloungers "

The Irish centre looks like it still has tape around it?

chelmsford

Greece is opening soon but not for every country. UK travellers can't go yet as our infection numbers were too high. They will start with domestic flights first. Social distancing will still be in place, so bars, restaurants at 50% capacity.

I was hoping to go away abroad somewhere this Summer, as I haven't had a holiday in 2 and half years. Thankfully I hadn't actually booked anything before the virus hit us. So I will not be travelling outside of the U.K. this year. I hope the English hospitality industry opens soon and I can at least book a mini break somewhere in August.

It does have its benefits However as the money I would have spent on a foreign holiday and some scuba diving I can spend on buying things to make my garden nicer!

Northampton Somewhere

Greece is opening soon but not for every country. UK travellers can't go yet as our infection numbers were too high. They will start with domestic flights first. Social distancing will still be in place, so bars, restaurants at 50% capacity."

Makes sense, it'll probably be different for each country.

Putting yourself in quarantine for 14 days when you get home is compulsory though. £1000 fine if you don't.

chelmsford

Greece is opening soon but not for every country. UK travellers can't go yet as our infection numbers were too high. They will start with domestic flights first. Social distancing will still be in place, so bars, restaurants at 50% capacity.

Makes sense, it'll probably be different for each country.

Putting yourself in quarantine for 14 days when you get home is compulsory though. £1000 fine if you don't."

Yes countries will have different ideas, but I feel the social distancing will go on for some time in most countries. It may just be me, but why would you be at a busy airport and be all squashed in an airplane, there has to be some risk.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Some great and balanced comments here... well done everyone... if we go on holiday within the uk... for example Cornwall for a spot of surfing when will people be welcome ? Eg lots of locals understandably want rural areas closed to outsiders for as long as possible. I get this... but eventually lots of people will be thinking of taking a quiet uk break... many of these areas depend on tourism to survive but the trade off is likely to be local place for local people mentality that will kill these areas when it could really be a massive bounce back plan for those who can’t or won’t go abroad.... just saying properly managed it could really work in favour.

london

I was thinking centre parks but doubt it’ll ever be the same with the pool being the centre point and likely to change forever from social distancing point of view.... pack em in mentality will change and costs might go up beyond most people’s budget...?

Northampton Somewhere

"I was thinking centre parks but doubt it’ll ever be the same with the pool being the centre point and likely to change forever from social distancing point of view.... pack em in mentality will change and costs might go up beyond most people’s budget...?"

Centre Parks has always been out of our budget

london

Yes it does stretch the budget but I always saved hard and if you get a gang of you with a herd of kids it used to be manageable just ! especially if you cooked and didn’t do every single activity. I suspect it will be even more expensive in the future...

» Add a new message to this topic