FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Antibody tests

Antibody tests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Great news from Matt Hancock that the Gov has signed a deal to secure 10 million antibody tests And will start to rolling them out from next week

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Great news from Matt Hancock that the Gov has signed a deal to secure 10 million antibody tests And will start to rolling them out from next week "

Yey

What's their purpose again ??

"Great news from Matt Hancock that the Gov has signed a deal to secure 10 million antibody tests And will start to rolling them out from next week

Yey

"

According to the blurb, “These tell you if you have had the virus and have developed antibodies in response, that might help you to fight the virus in the future”

ashby de la zouch

"Great news from Matt Hancock that the Gov has signed a deal to secure 10 million antibody tests And will start to rolling them out from next week

Yey

According to the blurb, “These tell you if you have had the virus and have developed antibodies in response, that might help you to fight the virus in the future”"

Which helps us how

As I say and their purpose is

Yey I know that I know if I catch it again I might be ok but then I might be older and I might pass it on to someone vulnerable

So useless then personally

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Yey

According to the blurb, “These tell you if you have had the virus and have developed antibodies in response, that might help you to fight the virus in the future”

Which helps us how

Yey I know that I know if I catch it again I might be ok but then I might be older and I might pass it on to someone vulnerable

"

its important to know if you have had it. As at the moment they think that you can not be reinfected.

Yey

Which helps us how

"

Jesus! I was just passing on what I thought might be good news. Didn’t expect to get shot down in flames!

Really don’t know why I bother sometimes

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Yey

Which helps us how

"

I think it will help get people to work especially if they are in health work.

I guess that's the aim but I'm sure others will know if not

milton keynes

Yey

Which helps us how

Jesus! I was just passing on what I thought might be good news. Didn’t expect to get shot down in flames!

Really don’t know why I bother sometimes "

It's not you hun its just some don't want to hear anything positive. It's just how they are I guess.

Xx

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Helps give confirmation / clarifaction to those people not important enough to have been tested and suffered at home.

Helps give a clearer number of the r rate because if it turns out 35% of the population already had covid19 then it reduces the chances of spread.

Is important to carers and nhs staff.

Could help source further plasma to treat people in intensive care.

Might be needed to get out of the country, for a not essential flight, this summer.

I think there are benefits to this test and I think it took far too long for this to become availble.

ashby de la zouch

Yey

Which helps us how

It's not you hun its just some don't want to hear anything positive. It's just how they are I guess.

Xx"

I'm very positive thank you

So to be clear you think two tier societies are positive???

ashby de la zouch

"Helps give confirmation / clarifaction to those people not important enough to have been tested and suffered at home.

Helps give a clearer number of the r rate because if it turns out 35% of the population already had covid19 then it reduces the chances of spread.

Is important to carers and nhs staff.

Could help source further plasma to treat people in intensive care.

Might be needed to get out of the country, for a not essential flight, this summer.

I think there are benefits to this test and I think it took far too long for this to become availble."

It helps the statistics only if the test results are recorded

Will it help fab

Fab will now ban any member who has not passed an anti body test and posts a verification by meet

All members who want to fuck must have a positive test

By *tteve500Man  over a year ago

West Drayton

I would like to know if i have had it

I have had 4 different forms of cancer since 2008 and 8 weeks ago woke up temperature. Headache. And eyesight was unbelievable x

milton keynes

Yey

Which helps us how

Xx

"

Correct your positively negative

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Great news from Matt Hancock that the Gov has signed a deal to secure 10 million antibody tests And will start to rolling them out from next week "
Not impressed and a bit late

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yey

Which helps us how

Feel your pain Bro.

These here parts are not for the faint hearted!

ashby de la zouch

Yey

Which helps us how

Xx

Correct your positively negative"

Curious mis projection

I asked a question you have no idea of my stance x

Yey

Which helps us how

Some people just thrive in being negative..... Ignoring them is the best way

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

One of the major purposes will be to gauge the severity of the virus. If you get 1000 people who have the antibodies and 800 of them report that they had no noticeable symptoms then it helps us determine the risk the virus poses.

By finding out how many people have had the virus and displayed little to no symptoms it helps massively and ultimately allows us to properly risk asses the threat.

However we're no experts just going off things we've read etc.

ashby de la zouch

"One of the major purposes will be to gauge the severity of the virus. If you get 1000 people who have the antibodies and 800 of them report that they had no noticeable symptoms then it helps us determine the risk the virus poses.

By finding out how many people have had the virus and displayed little to no symptoms it helps massively and ultimately allows us to properly risk asses the threat.

However we're no experts just going off things we've read etc. "

Absolutely within this context an antibody test is simply invaluable x 10 000 000 would be a damn good sample size

"One of the major purposes will be to gauge the severity of the virus. If you get 1000 people who have the antibodies and 800 of them report that they had no noticeable symptoms then it helps us determine the risk the virus poses.

However we're no experts just going off things we've read etc.

Absolutely within this context an antibody test is simply invaluable x 10 000 000 would be a damn good sample size

"

although as it will be nhs and front line workers first it maybe a little top heavy with positive results as they are more likely to have been exposed x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's potentially good news, to help to fill in the blanks of our information on how this virus has impacted the UK, especially as we initially only tested a small minority of those suspected of having suffered an infection.

It builds up our repertoire of data building, as more accurate and complete knowledge on this is a good thing.

It's going to be focused on health and care staff to start with, which I believe is right.

And the 10 minute saliva ones coming out end of July. So many repeat half understood half truths. Antibody tests are a game changer

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Think it’s great news that you can find out if you have had Corona, if you have had it and you got over it no need to fear corona then you will have peace of mind

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

Great until we find out that the infection rate in Britain is in single digits...

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Think it’s great news that you can find out if you have had Corona, if you have had it and you got over it no need to fear corona then you will have peace of mind"

You can’t say that for certain yet, as they are still not sure if you can catch it again That is one thing that will be monitored from those showing as having antibodies and whether they suffer symptoms again or even for the first time if you were asymptotic. It’s still a huge step in the right direction but no guarantee of any immunity at this point

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Think it’s great news that you can find out if you have had Corona, if you have had it and you got over it no need to fear corona then you will have peace of mind

You can’t say that for certain yet, as they are still not sure if you can catch it again That is one thing that will be monitored from those showing as having antibodies and whether they suffer symptoms again or even for the first time if you were asymptotic. It’s still a huge step in the right direction but no guarantee of any immunity at this point "

What you can say is if you have definitely had it and got over it why even fear if you get it again as you’ll know your body defeats it , but actually South Korea scientists do believe you can’t get it again

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Good idea from a tracking standpoint as to how far the spread has actually been.

Also it may assist the infected as those with anti bodies maybe able to donate blood to assist them.

Positive positive

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Think it’s great news that you can find out if you have had Corona, if you have had it and you got over it no need to fear corona then you will have peace of mind

You can’t say that for certain yet, as they are still not sure if you can catch it again That is one thing that will be monitored from those showing as having antibodies and whether they suffer symptoms again or even for the first time if you were asymptotic. It’s still a huge step in the right direction but no guarantee of any immunity at this point "

You can’t say that for certain yet, as they are still not sure if you can catch it again That is one thing that will be monitored from those showing as having antibodies and whether they suffer symptoms again or even for the first time if you were asymptotic. It’s still a huge step in the right direction but no guarantee of any immunity at this point What you can say is if you have definitely had it and got over it why even fear if you get it again as you’ll know your body defeats it , but actually South Korea scientists do believe you can’t get it again "

they actually proved that this was actually people who just hadnt had the virus actually leave their system the first time

chelmsford

If you listen to any of the virologists, medics , they have all said immunity is not guaranteed, if you have had the virus. Just because you have antibodies, doesn't mean to say you won't get it again and it could be milder or very much worse

"If you listen to any of the virologists, medics , they have all said immunity is not guaranteed, if you have had the virus. Just because you have antibodies, doesn't mean to say you won't get it again and it could be milder or very much worse "
If they are right it's the first time ever a virus as acted like this, so god help us we will have no future.

chelmsford

"If you listen to any of the virologists, medics , they have all said immunity is not guaranteed, if you have had the virus. Just because you have antibodies, doesn't mean to say you won't get it again and it could be milder or very much worse If they are right it's the first time ever a virus as acted like this, so god help us we will have no future. "

We have to assume they are right, they are the one's doing the tests. They just haven't had long enough to know about reinfection yet.

Yes I will be interested to see if I had it back in March. I went on an infection tube to bulgaria and back and had a really nasty cough when I got back. Took ages to shake it off. No temperature though so just as easily not. I am intrigued though.

Will this be available thru docs surgery. This is more important than the actual virus test I think and I'm working in a test centre at the moment.

D

I’ve had test results back today. Negative for COVID-19.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

My brother spent £150 for one at a private clinic and it came back positive. He wasn't surprised because he had the symptoms about 6 weeks ago.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I can't wait to have mine done. Anyone know if there is firm evidence you cannot catch covid twice?

Im interested in this one, if everyone or as many as possible of us can get one it will tell us the true amount of spread of the infection.

"I can't wait to have mine done. Anyone know if there is firm evidence you cannot catch covid twice? "

No there’s no evidence yet

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Im interested in this one, if everyone or as many as possible of us can get one it will tell us the true amount of spread of the infection. "

5% have antibodies

0.27% were infected at the start of May

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"If you listen to any of the virologists, medics , they have all said immunity is not guaranteed, if you have had the virus. Just because you have antibodies, doesn't mean to say you won't get it again and it could be milder or very much worse If they are right it's the first time ever a virus as acted like this, so god help us we will have no future. "

No it's not, quit panicking

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"I can't wait to have mine done. Anyone know if there is firm evidence you cannot catch covid twice? "

No firm evidence you not catch again although presence of anti-bodies would hopefully mean next time it is not as severe although over reactive immune response may get you the next time.

If it is around for a number if years, there is chance you catch it, immune for a while then catch it again, more so if a newer strain arrives later on.

Circumstances may have changed in your health in the interim and second time round, may not be so lucky..

» Add a new message to this topic