FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So do we think its on its way out

So do we think its on its way out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * lolita x OP   Woman  over a year ago

North

What do we think? Is the virus slowly going to disappear? Or come back with a vengance?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it a spike in about 3 weeks.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think it's on the way out.

I think it’s going to Diminish a bit but will still be bad for peeps with underlying health issues like obesity and diabetes copd ect.

But at least there are beds available to use now for the hardest hit and the PPE people have had one big kick up the ass for letting stock go out of date causing it to be held up for distribution

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Imo It will stay with small manageable waves and more people able to cope with it, this flu season is going to be very important for the correct flu vaccine to be administered

The "lockdown" was introduced to help the NHS,so it wasnt overwhelmed with admissions,this seems to have worked,as admissions are now down to a more manageable rate.

The government are now trying to find ways of easing the restrictions on people,and this will be a gradual process.

I can't however forsee us being able to have the freedom we were use to pre covid19 pandemic.

It will be a slow process,and that's if it ever returns to what we thought of as the norm

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"The "lockdown" was introduced to help the NHS,so it wasnt overwhelmed with admissions,this seems to have worked,as admissions are now down to a more manageable rate.

The government are now trying to find ways of easing the restrictions on people,and this will be a gradual process.

I can't however forsee us being able to have the freedom we were use to pre covid19 pandemic.

It will be a slow process,and that's if it ever returns to what we thought of as the norm "

This ^^^^

The virus isn't just going to disappear. It's here for good like the flu and the common cold. We just have to hope and pray that they find a vaccine. I can't see things going back to how they were pre-covid.

People are still dying daily we seem to be getting complacent. Just because we can't see it, it doesn't mean it's not still happening

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What do we think? Is the virus slowly going to disappear? Or come back with a vengance?"

nope.... 2nd wave coming in the autumn....

the 2nd wave is always worse than the first.... and if it is true only 15% of londoners have had it, and only 5% of the rest of the country.. and it has done this much damage then we have a long long way to go

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

The peak was around the 8th April

Source: Professor David Leon at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

Huge numbers are dying of the collateral damage of lockdown and will continue to do so for years to come. Even the UK Government predicted 150,000 'excess' deaths from the hit to UK plc, in the coming recession.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

'Just because we can't see it, it doesn't mean it's not still happening'

Very true. Like the 400,000 people that continue to die of Malaria every year, year after year, with no vaccine in sight.

Will 4 million people have died of Covid-19 by 2030?

Maybe Indians and Africans aren't as 'important' to the world as the rest of us?

By *orkshireBeef26Man  over a year ago

Kirkella

"What do we think? Is the virus slowly going to disappear? Or come back with a vengance?"

Slowly going down...

But will be around for months yet...

Fancy chat and getting to know you better xx

Andy xx

By *emptd2Man  over a year ago

Wimbledon & Birmingham

I don't think it's on it's way out just yet. There will be a second wave albeit a small one depending on how people follow the guidelines.

The real test will be when people start going back to work, to bars and restaurants.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

reakon you will see the numbers start to drop then around october time as the crap weather starts to kick in and all the winter illneses rear there heads the numbers will start going back up.all ya can hope for is the virus burns its self out.other than that its gona be about until they either find a vaccine wich aint a certainty they will find one or we reach heard immunity naturaly.think it dissapearing in the nxt cpl of months is wishfull thinking more than anything.best to hope for is we have a few months over the summer where we get number of infections down so we ready for nxt spike towards the end of yhe year.am intrested to see if number of glu jabs will go up ot down

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Herd immunity over the summer at manageable rates is the plan. It's not going anywhere.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Herd immunity over the summer at manageable rates is the plan. It's not going anywhere. "

can we stop using the term herd immunity.... if the govt scientists are to believed they think that roughly 15% of londoners have had covid so are... and 5% of the rest of the country....

you can see how much damage has been done so far with relatively few people having it...herd immunity will only kick in at roughly 70% minimum.... thats why the herd immunity strategy would have cost hundreds of thousands of lives...

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

It’s made in China, so it won’t last long!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The peak was around the 8th April

Source: Professor David Leon at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

Huge numbers are dying of the collateral damage of lockdown and will continue to do so for years to come. Even the UK Government predicted 150,000 'excess' deaths from the hit to UK plc, in the coming recession."

As opposed to how many if we had not locked down at all and over what period for the above?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Worldwide? No. The American and Brazilian governments are giving it the ideal environment in which to thrive.

With a reservoir of that size, it's not going anywhere.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Herd immunity over the summer at manageable rates is the plan. It's not going anywhere.

can we stop using the term herd immunity.... if the govt scientists are to believed they think that roughly 15% of londoners have had covid so are... and 5% of the rest of the country....

you can see how much damage has been done so far with relatively few people having it...herd immunity will only kick in at roughly 70% minimum.... thats why the herd immunity strategy would have cost hundreds of thousands of lives... "

I've said this in another post, herd immunity is and always was the strategy.

Vallance said they wanted to push it to the summer, and achieve 60% herd immunity. That's exactly what they did. They've pushed it into the summer. They're increasing the congestion charge to force people back onto public transport. Rushing schools back.

They are warning there may be no vaccine. So it's their only strategy.

"The peak was around the 8th April

Huge numbers are dying of the collateral damage of lockdown and will continue to do so for years to come. Even the UK Government predicted 150,000 'excess' deaths from the hit to UK plc, in the coming recession."

‘Huge ‘ numbers ? Do you have any figures to back up that statement?

It’s too well established to ever go completely, especially given that it seems to mutate quite well.

I do believe it after a while it will just become ‘another virus’ alongside all the others we manage on an annual basis.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"I think it's on the way out."

So where is it going? Is it just going to disappear?

By *evernmanMan  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

The virus isn't just going to disappear. It's here for good like the flu and the common cold. We just have to hope and pray that they find a vaccine. I can't see things going back to how they were pre-covid.

People are still dying daily we seem to be getting complacent. Just because we can't see it, it doesn't mean it's not still happening "

People forget, and younger people aren’t aware of, the curse of infectious diseases that were prevalent before vaccines and (in the case of bacterial infections) antibiotics.

I am old enough to remember people scarred by smallpox (now eradicated) and maimed by polio and tuberculosis. My father lost the sight in one of his eyes because of measles at the age of 5. And they were the ones who survived - all those diseases had significant fatality rates.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think that we're on the right track. A slow release is what is required.

All lockdown restrictions should be released by the end of July I think.

Cal

I am hoping the antibody test can suggest it isn't as prevalent as first thought. The process is dragging its heels a little, though

Additionally, no one has suggested that malaria is no as important; I don't know why it comes back to an argument of ethnicity. This however is a global pandemic happening now, and needs to be dealt with. I absolutely believe that WAY over 400,000 will die of this in 2020 (I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't already been surpassed), so the numbers argument is again, null. We also know what causes malaria and how to prevent it. It is funded heavily by the west.

"I think it's on the way out.

So where is it going? Is it just going to disappear?"

Nah it's just going on a little holiday before the next big lockdown

"Herd immunity over the summer at manageable rates is the plan. It's not going anywhere.

you can see how much damage has been done so far with relatively few people having it...herd immunity will only kick in at roughly 70% minimum.... thats why the herd immunity strategy would have cost hundreds of thousands of lives...

Vallance said they wanted to push it to the summer, and achieve 60% herd immunity. That's exactly what they did. They've pushed it into the summer. They're increasing the congestion charge to force people back onto public transport. Rushing schools back.

They are warning there may be no vaccine. So it's their only strategy. "

It does sound far fetched ... But .. you could be right .

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

They are warning there may be no vaccine. So it's their only strategy. "

If herd immunity is the end game then where does that leave the vulnerable? I’m not so sure a vaccine will be a success or forthcoming either.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

The virus hasn’t gone anywhere, it’s just waiting to pounce again and as we all get back to ‘normal’ living, it will pounce again. Next Autumn/flu season is probably when we will feel it the most.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"What do we think? Is the virus slowly going to disappear? Or come back with a vengance?

nope.... 2nd wave coming in the autumn....

the 2nd wave is always worse than the first.... and if it is true only 15% of londoners have had it, and only 5% of the rest of the country.. and it has done this much damage then we have a long long way to go"

Exactly this

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

It is going to be around for a while.

Inly reason it is falling bow is die to restrictions in place.

With people like the misinformed London Mayor running the show, it will start again down there. To claim public transport is safe - just so long as you wash your hands with no suggestion of spread from exhaled breath, coughing or sneezing.

What planet he is on is beyond me,

Boris needs to also take head of USA's Dr Fauci's warning that the general poplulation as a whole should be offered and encouraged to have this years Flu shot as soon as available.

Two reasons, one being more likely anyone with symptoms will be COVID and two, reduce Winter Flu admissions to hospitals allowing concentration and resources to deal with it.

Reduce the fog of Flu to allow sight of the real issue.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"I think it a spike in about 3 weeks."

It hasn't in other countries which lifted restrictions.

Is it just a hunch?

By *aygnt2021Man  over a year ago

Kidderminster

It's on its way out very slowly no second spike

there will be repetitive waves in our opinion almost seasonal flu. Fortunately looks like doctors might of found a treatment for the more seriously affected..the t cell boosting drug which has already been licenced and tested .we doubt the future waves will be as serious and suspect the actual exposure/infection rate is higher than the 5-15%....based on the facts that 2.5-20% get serious symptoms and these are the majority of the positive cases in the UK...plus the fact its been around from before the UK was testing for it. Odds are its actually spread further than estimated but better to err on the side of caution and have a better final outcome..

By *tio_oyMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam Holland

"It is going to be around for a while.

With people like the misinformed London Mayor running the show, it will start again down there. To claim public transport is safe - just so long as you wash your hands with no suggestion of spread from exhaled breath, coughing or sneezing.

Boris needs to also take head of USA's Dr Fauci's warning that the general poplulation as a whole should be offered and encouraged to have this years Flu shot as soon as available.

Two reasons, one being more likely anyone with symptoms will be COVID and two, reduce Winter Flu admissions to hospitals allowing concentration and resources to deal with it.

Reduce the fog of Flu to allow sight of the real issue."

Well said!

Till there is no proper vaccin given to everybody, people will get ill.. we all are responsible to make sure health care world wide will be able to manage this AND/in combination with the regular care. Let's not forget that!

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Disappear into thin air?. I think not. It will be back.

I haven't got the foggiest idea.

By *evernmanMan  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

If the antibody test is positive for only a small proportion of the population then that is bad news, not good news. People who haven't been infected are still liable to get it and pass it on.

The higher the proportion of the population that has antibodies, the better, because that means many people have been infected without symptoms and hopefully gained some immunity. Last night I saw figures varying from less than 10% to as much as 20%, This depends on location and of course we don't have enough testing data to get accurate figures yet.

Mystic Meg Fauci "predicted" second wave coming in the Autumn.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I am hoping the antibody test can suggest it isn't as prevalent as first thought. The process is dragging its heels a little, though

Additionally, no one has suggested that malaria is no as important; I don't know why it comes back to an argument of ethnicity. This however is a global pandemic happening now, and needs to be dealt with. I absolutely believe that WAY over 400,000 will die of this in 2020 (I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't already been surpassed), so the numbers argument is again, null. We also know what causes malaria and how to prevent it. It is funded heavily by the west. "

I'd rather thr antibody test shows the infection rate is much higher... as if more have had it and survived it lowers the mortality rate etc. They need to test people that had the nasty viral infection late last year as I'm pretty sure that was the early stages

Newcastle and Gateshead

i'd not heard Dr.Fauci make that suggestion.... but if he did that would probably be the most sensible course of action especially this year going forward...

i wonder if someone at the dept of health wold look into this....

definately a fauci fan me!!!!

By *Wman15Man  over a year ago

Hertford

I don't recall second waves of SARS and there has never been a vaccine developed against that

Unfortunately so much social media speculation and rumour becomes pseudo fact - there are a lot of people who seem to believe everything they hear or read without question

"I think it's on the way out.

So where is it going? Is it just going to disappear?"

It's going on holiday

"I am hoping the antibody test can suggest it isn't as prevalent as first thought. The process is dragging its heels a little, though

Additionally, no one has suggested that malaria is no as important; I don't know why it comes back to an argument of ethnicity. This however is a global pandemic happening now, and needs to be dealt with. I absolutely believe that WAY over 400,000 will die of this in 2020 (I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't already been surpassed), so the numbers argument is again, null. We also know what causes malaria and how to prevent it. It is funded heavily by the west. "

Stats tell us non-caucasians are at a higher risk. If I was an obese or diabetic elderly, black man, who had worked and lived in a deprived area, I'd be shitting bricks.

The death rate will fall to small numbers, then the media will find a new toy to play with and it will all fade away. It's like war's 10s of thousands keep dying but the media soon get bored.

Those vulnerable get offered the flu vaccine free. Those in healthcare are offered it free.

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

Surely the threat to society is not about when to end lockdown, whether there will be a second, third or fourth wave or even whether a vaccine will be developed for cv-19, the far more insidious threat is what will be the next disease? Given humanities appetite to consume natural resources, to encroach and extend ourselves at the rate we are and viral abilities to mutate and transfer, it is likely more than ever, new contagious events will no longer be generations away.

We can only hope more people than present predictions state have been exposed and have produced antibodies. We can only hope those antibodies have a long lifeline. We can only hope that govt strategies of squashing the curve via 2m, hand hygiene and shielding the vulnerable will keep subsequent waves low until population has been achieved if it's possible.

Our last hopes rely on treatment and vaccines discovered, and that the unstable RNA mutates into a mild strain, even if it means it joins the collection of CV cold viruses.

Sale

"What do we think? Is the virus slowly going to disappear? Or come back with a vengance?

We can only hope more people than present predictions state have been exposed and have produced antibodies. We can only hope those antibodies have a long lifeline. We can only hope that govt strategies of squashing the curve via 2m, hand hygiene and shielding the vulnerable will keep subsequent waves low until population has been achieved if it's possible.

Our last hopes rely on treatment and vaccines discovered, and that the unstable RNA mutates into a mild strain, even if it means it joins the collection of CV cold viruses. "

That’s a lot of hoping going on ...

"Surely the threat to society is not about when to end lockdown, whether there will be a second, third or fourth wave or even whether a vaccine will be developed for cv-19, the far more insidious threat is what will be the next disease? Given humanities appetite to consume natural resources, to encroach and extend ourselves at the rate we are and viral abilities to mutate and transfer, it is likely more than ever, new contagious events will no longer be generations away. "

My thoughts. Fortunately scientists are thus aware and are researching in this area. It would be good once all economies bounced back to an adequate level if all countries fund this research because it is of benefit of all mankind.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Surely the threat to society is not about when to end lockdown, whether there will be a second, third or fourth wave or even whether a vaccine will be developed for cv-19, the far more insidious threat is what will be the next disease? Given humanities appetite to consume natural resources, to encroach and extend ourselves at the rate we are and viral abilities to mutate and transfer, it is likely more than ever, new contagious events will no longer be generations away. "

I read a couple of months ago that global warming is part of the problem. As land that's been frozen solid for 10s of thousands of years starts to defrost, bacteria that we haven't encountered in the modern world are reawakened and make their way into the food chain.

Sleep tight

Our last hopes rely on treatment and vaccines discovered, and that the unstable RNA mutates into a mild strain, even if it means it joins the collection of CV cold viruses.

That’s a lot of hoping going on ..."

You can switch the word to pray if you choose . Besides we CAN only hope since there are so many uncertainties.

"Surely the threat to society is not about when to end lockdown, whether there will be a second, third or fourth wave or even whether a vaccine will be developed for cv-19, the far more insidious threat is what will be the next disease? Given humanities appetite to consume natural resources, to encroach and extend ourselves at the rate we are and viral abilities to mutate and transfer, it is likely more than ever, new contagious events will no longer be generations away.

I read a couple of months ago that global warming is part of the problem. As land that's been frozen solid for 10s of thousands of years starts to defrost, bacteria that we haven't encountered in the modern world are reawakened and make their way into the food chain.

Sleep tight "

That's fine, just don't eat raw food

Sale

"Surely the threat to society is not about when to end lockdown, whether there will be a second, third or fourth wave or even whether a vaccine will be developed for cv-19, the far more insidious threat is what will be the next disease? Given humanities appetite to consume natural resources, to encroach and extend ourselves at the rate we are and viral abilities to mutate and transfer, it is likely more than ever, new contagious events will no longer be generations away.

Sleep tight "

GW may well also be a contributor to something new appearing, although bacterial infection are less troublesome than viral ..... but in these weird times never say never

Sale

That’s a lot of hoping going on ...

You can switch the word to pray if you choose . Besides we CAN only hope since there are so many uncertainties. "

At the specific level of now with regards to cv-19 I agree, we are bereft of facts and truths. However, at a holistic level with a longer-term horizon (e.g. 10+ years) risk assessment and ‘appropriate’ management of our behaviour as national and a global societies will be crucial for maintaining human sustainability

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There could be a lull in the decline, showing in 2 or 3 weeks, after people start to get affected, maybe 3 to 4 weeks with death rates slightly up sadly.

If people get a shock from seeing it go wrong, they may stop doing some of the things that they are frightened of causing themselves to get infected, at suitable levels. It could then stabilise.

The trend with easing could reverse more of the good work, stopping the easing, for a good while

» Add a new message to this topic