FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Depo injection not allowee

Depo injection not allowee

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My two daughters have both been told they have to go on the mini pill instead of their normal depo during the lockdown as apparently no one is allowed any injections during this...

Seems a bit odd to swap thousands of womens contraception.. my disabled daughter is on it because it stops her periods and she doesnt deal with them very well... and she struggles to take tablets. Apparently you cant have a coil or implant either.. only a pill.

I'm waiting for the clinic to be open to see if that's an option instead... anyone else found this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Yes I have the depo but wasn’t allowed it they gave me a different type to do myself I think it’s called alna press you basically inject into a muscle I do it in my stomach

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes I have the depo but wasn’t allowed it they gave me a different type to do myself I think it’s called alna press you basically inject into a muscle I do it in my stomach "

This would be an excellent option for women going forward

Allowing women to have far more control over their reproductive health from home

I'm waiting to hear about the clinic near me. I have the implant in my arm but it needs removing, all i've been offered is the pill to deal with my issues. However, its creating more issues then solving.

Oh and they offered me free condoms if it has ran out

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

My implant was put in,in September so I'm ok for another couple of years

When I started having the implant in 2013, I was told I had two options at my age and weight,the implant or coil,I wasn't allowed the pill not even the mini pill back then

If all woman are only offered the pill ,there will be alot of problems for the NHS in the long run,the pill doesn't suit everyone.

I feel terrible for the women who use the depo shot to manage endometriosis.

"Yes I have the depo but wasn’t allowed it they gave me a different type to do myself I think it’s called alna press you basically inject into a muscle I do it in my stomach "
my daughter asked if there was anything else. She suffers with really heavy and painful periods so the depo suited her x they said all she can have is the mini pill

I'd be in real trouble if coil needed replacing as it's the only thing that controls my endometriosis. Had surgery a few years ago for it and hoping that will last for a while in the meantime the coil makes it bearable

I'd be devastated if they took that option from me.

How strange, I've been allowed to continue the depo injection at my doctor's surgery... Had it only last week.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I solved all this & got sterilized by tube removal, can't get pregnant & periods are very light.

No adverse affects at all

NHS worker.

It's a temp measure. As most places are following government lead guidelines.. Blame bojo.

B12 n depo have all changed to tablet form for 3months.

Many nurses redeployed from gp practice..

Staff reduce exposure.

Most GPS are closed to public thru fall.. Telephone consults only.

"NHS worker.

It's a temp measure. As most places are following government lead guidelines.. Blame bojo.

Staff reduce exposure.

"

its madness, most people getting b12 shots its because they are missing the intrinsic factor to absorb it orally so tablets are pointless

"How strange, I've been allowed to continue the depo injection at my doctor's surgery... Had it only last week. "

I think it depends on clinical need.

So as someone who works for the nhs has already said on this thread Most people are only being offered telephone appointments but if it is necessary to continue a certain medication or treatment or to be physically seen then that is still happening.

By *ete1260Man  over a year ago

Evesham

And I thought (and been told) that the NHS is "open for business". It is truly appalling that very important women's issues are treated so casually. If your face (health issue) fits.......Utterly DISGRACEFUL.

" And I thought (and been told) that the NHS is "open for business". It is truly appalling that very important women's issues are treated so casually. If your face (health issue) fits.......Utterly DISGRACEFUL. "

At least abortion pills are available over the phone now seens as women accessing their usual reliable form of contraception seems to have been made difficult

It’s a temporary measure, but those require the depo injection for reasons other than solely contraceptive - people on HRT or with endo - may still have it after discussions with their prescriber.

It’s about minimising contact as much as possible, it’s not just a case of shutting up shop and abandoning people.

The Mirena coil, for example, is actually very effective for a year longer than it’s used for generally. In normal times we don’t see “there’s a tiny higher risk so you might want to use condoms as well for a couple of months” as acceptable, but at the moment it is.

"I solved all this & got sterilized by tube removal, can't get pregnant & periods are very light.

No adverse affects at all "

I am on the list but everything is delayed now which is understandable

"It’s a temporary measure, but those require the depo injection for reasons other than solely contraceptive - people on HRT or with endo - may still have it after discussions with their prescriber.

It’s about minimising contact as much as possible, it’s not just a case of shutting up shop and abandoning people.

The Mirena coil, for example, is actually very effective for a year longer than it’s used for generally. In normal times we don’t see “there’s a tiny higher risk so you might want to use condoms as well for a couple of months” as acceptable, but at the moment it is."

Its not temporary though.

Its already been 9 weeks and it looks like several more yet.

Its different in different health authorities too so that just seems very unfair.

Its not just contraception that is affected either, I know someone who has very worrying symptoms and been refused a smear test even though she has had abnormal results in the past.

I get that the NHS want to limit contact but putting womans health and wellbeing at risk is going to cost a lot more lives, money and resources if left much longer.

"It’s a temporary measure, but those require the depo injection for reasons other than solely contraceptive - people on HRT or with endo - may still have it after discussions with their prescriber.

The Mirena coil, for example, is actually very effective for a year longer than it’s used for generally. In normal times we don’t see “there’s a tiny higher risk so you might want to use condoms as well for a couple of months” as acceptable, but at the moment it is.

Its not temporary though.

Its already been 9 weeks and it looks like several more yet.

Its different in different health authorities too so that just seems very unfair.

Its not just contraception that is affected either, I know someone who has very worrying symptoms and been refused a smear test even though she has had abnormal results in the past.

I get that the NHS want to limit contact but putting womans health and wellbeing at risk is going to cost a lot more lives, money and resources if left much longer."

It is temporary.

And I never mentioned anything any other services

The cancer pathways should still be followed so if someone has worrying symptoms they should speak to their GP, clinic or NHS24 for advice on where to turn next.

"I'm waiting to hear about the clinic near me. I have the implant in my arm but it needs removing, all i've been offered is the pill to deal with my issues. However, its creating more issues then solving.

Oh and they offered me free condoms if it has ran out "

Same for my daughter. They told her that taking an implant out wasn't essential and gave her pills for her symptom. She was much worse

I had to phone up and insist, then she got an appointment.

"I'm waiting to hear about the clinic near me. I have the implant in my arm but it needs removing, all i've been offered is the pill to deal with my issues. However, its creating more issues then solving.

Same for my daughter. They told her that taking an implant out wasn't essential and gave her pills for her symptom. She was much worse

I had to phone up and insist, then she got an appointment."

I got told to take 2x mini pill every day. Main issues now is headaches. Told them i dont need condoms ive been snipped and only sleep with fella. They said they wont remove mine until lockdown is over xx

I got told to take 2x mini pill every day. Main issues now is headaches. Told them i dont need condoms ive been snipped and only sleep with fella. They said they wont remove mine until lockdown is over xx"

Offer to go privately, it will be done same day

I got told to take 2x mini pill every day. Main issues now is headaches. Told them i dont need condoms ive been snipped and only sleep with fella. They said they wont remove mine until lockdown is over xx

Offer to go privately, it will be done same day "

I shall try that one xx fingers crossed had enough now xx

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

It is a temporary situation.

GP surgeries were instructed to work differently.

They are starting to bring patients in slowly.

They have been doing phone consults, baby imms and some depot injections here.

i dont understand the incentive for the nhs to get you in sooner if you ask to go private? they arent profit making so surely that just takes 1 more out of their backlog and cost base?

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

This is due to a woefully underfunded and depleted stafff levels due to the incompetent manner in which the government have managed the pandemic. I do hope no one moaning voted for them as this is what you voted for. We cannot bash the NHS Lay the blame firmly at the feet of the government who have reduced funding consistently over the last decade.

South

Grammar a bit dodgy in the above I know I know but you get the idea ... need to put on my glasses before I press send

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

The selflessness of humanity. Time some of you think about the bigger picture and not just yourselves. Disgusting selfishness.

"The selflessness of humanity. Time some of you think about the bigger picture and not just yourselves. Disgusting selfishness. "

What is?

"Yes I have the depo but wasn’t allowed it they gave me a different type to do myself I think it’s called alna press you basically inject into a muscle I do it in my stomach

This would be an excellent option for women going forward

Allowing women to have far more control over their reproductive health from home

"

"The selflessness of humanity. Time some of you think about the bigger picture and not just yourselves. Disgusting selfishness. "

A woman wanting to access her regular form of contraception which she has probably been on for years, whether for contraceptive or other medical purposes, is selfish?? How??

Are you seriously commenting in a derogative way on a thread about woman and the contraception they need? You are either brave or lacking sense....

so if they stopped any other kind of medication would that be selfish?

if they stopped vaccinating kids would that be?

i can understand reduced services or maybe having to travel further but to remove them completely is disgraceful

its also understandable that to begin with resources were redirected, but in scotland we didn't need one single bed in that pop up hospital so it cant be claimed we are still overwhelmed by covid , and its time access to medical services started to return to normal

"The selflessness of humanity. Time some of you think about the bigger picture and not just yourselves. Disgusting selfishness.

Are you seriously commenting in a derogative way on a thread about woman and the contraception they need? You are either brave or lacking sense.... "

total lack of understanding to the impact changing contraception can have on a womans life i imagine and thinks its just cause people want to go shagging

He has to be a troll.

Or just thick.

"The selflessness of humanity. Time some of you think about the bigger picture and not just yourselves. Disgusting selfishness.

Are you seriously commenting in a derogative way on a thread about woman and the contraception they need? You are either brave or lacking sense....

total lack of understanding to the impact changing contraception can have on a womans life i imagine and thinks its just cause people want to go shagging "

yeah. Totally lacking. My disabled daughter doesnt have it to stop her getting pregnant as she doesnt have sex it's to help manage her periods and the fact that she has very heavy ones. She cant take tablets very well either

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Sorry to hear your problem.

I didn't have a problem getting my injection

"Sorry to hear your problem.

I didn't have a problem getting my injection"

we have been told that it's a national thing... yet obviously it doesnt seem to be x

Without hormones to control my periods, I bleed solidly for months at a time and suffer such horrific pain that I can't stand up or walk around or basically function like a normal human being.

Yeah, it's really selfish to want to avoid that.

Offer to go privately, it will be done same day

i dont understand the incentive for the nhs to get you in sooner if you ask to go private? they arent profit making so surely that just takes 1 more out of their backlog and cost base? "

No idea but it's what happened to me

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

My daughter had her depo last week just had to wear a mask and gloves

"My daughter had her depo last week just had to wear a mask and gloves"

See they have told my daughter its national policy and no where is having them done

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

"My daughter had her depo last week just had to wear a mask and gloves

See they have told my daughter its national policy and no where is having them done "

My nurse has just started doing them again, same for routine smears...

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

May not be relevant as I am obviously not having that injection. But I have monthly jabs and they have carried on at my docs. I think it sounds like a postcode lottery.

See they have told my daughter its national policy and no where is having them done "

My mate had hers yesterday in East Midlands area

By *nsatiablegreeneyesCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I had to phone up and insist, then she got an appointment."

My Daughter had her implant out on Friday at the drs surgery,think it’s down to different practices and individual circumstances

See they have told my daughter its national policy and no where is having them done

My mate had hers yesterday in East Midlands area "

this is in Derbyshire. I wouldnt mind if they "our practice " Isnt offering it. They are telling me everyone is in the same boat as it's a national thing x which it obviously isnt x

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"NHS worker.

Staff reduce exposure.

its madness, most people getting b12 shots its because they are missing the intrinsic factor to absorb it orally so tablets are pointless "

Exactly! My mum is one of those. She also has primary progressive MS and when her b12 is low it has a knock on effect in her balance, making her more likely to have a serious fall. Refusing her b12 injection is putting her at risk of having a major fall needing hospital treatment, increasing her risk of catching the virus!

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Tell you what, how about all the women who become pregnant who do not want a child send the baby to you to raise? You can think of the selflessness of humanity and step in for these kids!

South

Wow!!!!! Why is it selfish? It’s stating a medical needs and the NHS are unable to provide that need - not selfish. Very very sad and unmanageable for the people involved. Let’s put more tax on sanitary products too while we are it - help get the economy back on track ....

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I solved all this & got sterilized by tube removal, can't get pregnant & periods are very light.

No adverse affects at all

I am on the list but everything is delayed now which is understandable "

Yes, unfortunately. I think it should be available wider than it is. It can be difficult even if there are medical issues.

They like to try base it on how many kids you have. I've got 2, one of each & decade between them. Never got too much of an argument out of them other than suggesting the male got it done instead, my answer was how does that help me if I was no longer with them? Shut them up quick.

My mate, same hospital, referee same time period as me, has 1 male child & has cysts (technical name mentioned above endasomethingmis) & had more bother than I did despite having a medical reasons, why? She only had one child.

They will try anyway to deter you including that ivf privately would be your only option should you change your mind. I know my mind

By *uckfunCouple  over a year ago

North Coast

"

All private clinics are currently doing NHS cancer services, so you may not get seen on the same day in this current climate.

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

"NHS worker.

Staff reduce exposure.

its madness, most people getting b12 shots its because they are missing the intrinsic factor to absorb it orally so tablets are pointless "

I got my b12 this month by injection

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I had my B12 injection too as I needed some blood tests so the GP did it at the same time.

"Yes I have the depo but wasn’t allowed it they gave me a different type to do myself I think it’s called alna press you basically inject into a muscle I do it in my stomach my daughter asked if there was anything else. She suffers with really heavy and painful periods so the depo suited her x they said all she can have is the mini pill"

Same with me, not allowed my depo until all this is sorted, and unfortunately my body doesn’t do well with the pill, so I’m stuck with super, awful painful periods.

Most B12 injections gave been changed to tablets.. Not given any in last 2m

Hi I’ve had a conversation with my gp Friday still got to have my smear and will be checking with a view to replacing my coil on 1st June so call your surgery and see what they can do to help you

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"Sorry to hear your problem.

I didn't have a problem getting my injection we have been told that it's a national thing... yet obviously it doesnt seem to be x "

I fear it's the usual 'mushroom diet' certain members of the N.H.S. just expect us to take their word for it as we're just ignorant members of the public. They forgot they're not perceived as infallible anymore and we can ask other people about things now via all sorts of methods? Well done the sisterhood for supporting the O.p. in her time of difficulty! And may I suggest you try to change practices to find a more sympathetic surgery? There are still some wonderful g.p's out there if you can find one?

Good luck and best wishes

Depo should be avaialble from your Gp Surgeries many of whom are doing drive tho servies because of Covid19 regulations B12 injections are also available

» Add a new message to this topic