FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dominic Cummings

Dominic Cummings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Broke lockdown rules. Travelling when he had the virus.

GOT TO GO!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

He's creepy. He was at a Labour party conference years ago as an independent observer, now he's a Conservative advisor.

What's his agenda. Keep him away from power circles for sure. He looks like trouble.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Broke lockdown rules. Travelling when he had the virus.

GOT TO GO!"

Just saw that on the news. Apparently, "Mr Cummings did not break government guidance because he and his wife stayed in a separate building."

It also seems that "Labour said No. 10 needed to provide a "very swift explanation" for Mr Cummings' actions."

Well, that's easy. He's a cunt.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Possibly asked to resign but will be brought back for the next election I guess

By *hilliandspiceMan  over a year ago

Wimborne

GOT TO GO!

Just saw that on the news. Apparently, "Mr Cummings did not break government guidance because he and his wife stayed in a separate building."

It also seems that "Labour said No. 10 needed to provide a "very swift explanation" for Mr Cummings' actions."

Well, that's easy. He's a cunt."

I think it is one of two things.

1. The media have got him in their sights for some reason.

Or

2. Like you say, he is a cunt.

(I don't like that word but I really don't like the individual that much either, he does sound like a nasty piece of work.

upton wirral

Everybody hates him,even Boris but he is a winner so they keep him simple.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Position untenable..

Has to go..

By *emptd2Man  over a year ago

Wimbledon & Birmingham

Travelled 269 miles whilst symptomatic to stay with his parents. Coudln't make this shit up.

Surely the Tories will be swift in their condemnation as they were with Neil Ferguson?

Mr Hancock said that it was “just not possible” for him to continue his role within Sage, saying he made the right decision to resign.

Cummings won't resign though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think he’ll be more difficult to get rid of than Rasputin sadly.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

If people don't get disciplined when caught lying about the actions taken when this many are dead, don't get your hopes up about the architect of this having integrity.

The guy that killed your grandad isn't going anywhere.

D Cummings has got to go, no if's no buts,rules apply to all, if not stuff the government rules.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"I think he’ll be more difficult to get rid of than Rasputin sadly."

Love the analogy

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

He’s got to go. No ifs but’s or maybes. Them the rules.

Somebody will be here to defend him shortly...

"Somebody will be here to defend him shortly..."

Defending the indefensible?

GOT TO GO!"

Yep, if Boris doesn’t sack him ( or force him to resign ) then it is obvious who is ruining the government. It really is turning into a horror show for the Tories .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Everyone else in a position of authority admitted that they were fully in the wrong and resigned. He's in contempt of parliament and his substantial travel from London to Durham, quickly after lockdown started shows his contempt for the public and public servants who were put in jeopardy by his behaviour.

Police action would be too little. I'm not very confident in him being eager to do the right thing and to apologise and resign.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if all of the other medical officers had to go then so should cummings...

in fact cummins was doubly stupid for doing it whilst he was suppose to be self isolating for having the bloody thing...

obviously every tory mp will now go on radio silence... and they will resist the outcry for him to go!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"He's creepy. He was at a Labour party conference years ago as an independent observer, now he's a Conservative advisor.

What's his agenda. Keep him away from power circles for sure. He looks like trouble.

"

I reckon His agenda is to use populism and other tricks to get enough appeal from the elderly and sheep while he deconstructs the civil service and push through libertarian economic policy. He hates the state and all authority

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Sounds like he wants to fuck up Whitehall, Whitehall basically control the politicians on behalf of the Queen.

Sounds like treason to me.

Off with his head Lord Melchy.

He won’t go. He won’t be sacked.

Opposition should hammer Boris. But nothing will change.

By *one_wolf.Man  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Im uneasy about him on the one hand he is abit of a creep and isn't liked in Westminster on the other he's a winner, but yes I will defend him here......

He had a kid that he and his partner couldn't care for whilst suffering symptoms, so his parents looked after them whilst he and his partner isolated in a different part of the house.

The police investigated this at the time and no action was taken so obviously didn't breech the conditions, this was nearly 2 months ago - why has this come out now? The law was very clear there about kids and what they should do in key workers

Difference between this and prof Ferguson or the Scottish CMO is one was looking after the welfare of a kid (after all the welfare of children are paramount) and another was to get a carnel itch scratched multiple times and another was to visit a 2nd home multiple times.

"Im uneasy about him on the one hand he is abit of a creep and isn't liked in Westminster on the other he's a winner, but yes I will defend him here......

He had a kid that he and his partner couldn't care for whilst suffering symptoms, so his parents looked after them whilst he and his partner isolated in a different part of the house.

The police investigated this at the time and no action was taken so obviously didn't breech the conditions, this was nearly 2 months ago - why has this come out now? The law was very clear there about kids and what they should do in key workers

Difference between this and prof Ferguson or the Scottish CMO is one was looking after the welfare of a kid (after all the welfare of children are paramount) and another was to get a carnel itch scratched multiple times and another was to visit a 2nd home multiple times."

There is no excuse to drive 5 hours while ill. If you are well enough to drive then you can mind your kid.

According to his Mrs in her magazine he could barely lift his head from the bed; so how did he drive them 5 hours away?

You can’t drive 5 hours without stopping with a 3/4 year old so how many other people were out in danger by his stops? His parents are in their 70s so he shouldn’t have been there for childcare even well, let alone with symptoms when he’d been in direct contact with people who already had tested positive

Also why have the Guardian and the Mirror been unable to have confirmation of this story for 6 weeks? Yet when it came out tonight Laura Kuenessberg from the BBC managed to get a quote from a “senior source” which she used to rebuff the other journalist on twitter like she was Cummings’ employee.

Like Rober Jenrick this will be spun and spun and spun until it doesn’t stick

In the meantime people pissed off with the different rules for them and us will think “fuck it” and head off out over the bank holiday letting Cummings’ herd immunity and get back to normal plans come to fruition

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"if all of the other medical officers had to go then so should cummings...

in fact cummins was doubly stupid for doing it whilst he was suppose to be self isolating for having the bloody thing...

obviously every tory mp will now go on radio silence... and they will resist the outcry for him to go!"

I think you'll find that many backbench Conservative MPs will be very vocal in their condemnation.

Should the noise get louder, then he should rightly go.

"Travelled 269 miles whilst symptomatic to stay with his parents. Coudln't make this shit up.

Surely the Tories will be swift in their condemnation as they were with Neil Ferguson?

Mr Hancock said that it was “just not possible” for him to continue his role within Sage, saying he made the right decision to resign.

Cummings won't resign though. "

Wonder if he re-fuelled on way and if so which fuel service station he used

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

All politicians are under the journalists spotlight. If you advising one thing and doing something else expect to be caught out. Quite right too

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

While they control the masses, these entitled fuckers do what they like.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Do you mean Dominic "let them die" Cummings doesn't have a social conscience

He still a better human being than Boris"deadbeat dad" Johnson in fairness

Penicuik

Any, ANY media types defending Cummings are the ones being drip fed “leaks” that’s how it works. Laura from the beeb should piss off along with Cummings.

Cummings is dangerous and not a fan of democracy and unfortunately for the tories his agenda of removing the old guard has left them with a bunch of second rate ministers who have neither the intelligence or experience to do anything about him. With luck he will have a rasputin moment and fall on a sword but somehow I dont think this is it.

Oh and as for kuennesberg.... I suspect she has been promised a very well paid position once the bbc has been fucked over by the tories

Penicuik

"Oh and as for kuennesberg.... I suspect she has been promised a very well paid position once the bbc has been fucked over by the tories"

A state broadcaster is a recipe for disaster.

This was not started as a political thread. I would have put it in politics if it was.

But Cummings is a public figure and should go.

He not only drove 250+ mikes "with symtoms" but after that drove back to London to work when rules at the time said "work from home if you can"...he can work from anywhere and he is certainly NOT a key worker.

Rules broken at least twice...he HAS TO GO.

Penicuik

"He not only drove 250+ miles "with symtoms""

37,364 fridge lengths apparently

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"In the meantime people pissed off with the different rules for them and us will think “fuck it” and head off out over the bank holiday letting Cummings’ herd immunity and get back to normal plans come to fruition "

This will be the real issue if he isn't sacked - right now.

How are police officers meant to persuade people to do the right thing, or even fine anyone for persisting in doing the wrong thing, if Cummings gets away with this?

Excuse me, officer. Cummings didn't get a fine, just a talking to; so, now you've given me mine, can you just go away and leave me alone? That's what you did with him. Or are we not all equal under the law?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Helped Keep Corbyn out - so therefore I like him.

I think he is a keyworker as he was advising the governments response to the pandemic and that was clearly written into the first Bill.

But I agree if he has been a naughty boy then he should be treated as so.

But then didn't the housing minister do the same and is still in role?

We should also ban Madonna from singing too (I mean please do anyways) For leaving the UK to go a B'day Party after having tested positive. I wonder how man people on that flight and at the party caught it from her?

I'm going to gather some stones - however I won't be the first to cast them, as I did go out without gloves and mask in the first two weeks so I'll just chip in a rock or two from the back.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

So did Boris

"Helped Keep Corbyn out - so therefore I like him.

I think he is a keyworker as he was advising the governments response to the pandemic and that was clearly written into the first Bill.

We should also ban Madonna from singing too (I mean please do anyways) For leaving the UK to go a B'day Party after having tested positive. I wonder how man people on that flight and at the party caught it from her?

I'm going to gather some stones - however I won't be the first to cast them, as I did go out without gloves and mask in the first two weeks so I'll just chip in a rock or two from the back.

"

Why are you comparing the actions of the government’s chief advisor with Madonna? Cummings actions are indefensible, but I doubt he will go, after all, he is running the government

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Ian Blackford gave a fantastic explanation of what should be done.

Why are you comparing the actions of the government’s chief advisor with Madonna? Cummings actions are indefensible, but I doubt he will go, after all, he is running the government "

If I want to start a campaign to stop Madanno singing that is my right

'o'

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have a sneaky suspicion he will disappear out of the public eye for a while but remain in post.

Imagine getting caught out by playing ABBA how embarrassing. What a toad.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

No way, he is going nowhere...all the government officials do as they wish ...where as we all do as we are told ...sometimes x

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

He is a politician / political advisor, of course he lies and does what he wants whatever the rules !

Get rid of him and another lying twat takes over, what would be different !

Why are you comparing the actions of the government’s chief advisor with Madonna? Cummings actions are indefensible, but I doubt he will go, after all, he is running the government

If I want to start a campaign to stop Madanno singing that is my right "

Of course, and I will support that campaign ,

Penicuik

"Ian Blackford gave a fantastic explanation of what should be done.

"

Former Scottish Health Secretary, Catherine Calderwood resigned after travelling 45 miles from Edinburgh to her second home in Fife. Meanwhile Boris Johnson, his Dad, the Queen, Prince Charles & entourage Also Jenrick, jack and red Tory Ian Murray travelled to London,during lockdown. and now Dominic Cummings. some whilst ill. Let's observe

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 10:09:15]

narnia

It's very simple, he was part of, and indeed at the top of, a government telling people what the could and could not do. He himself broke those restrictions, he cannot claim ignorance. So either he willingly broke the law, or he felt he was above the law. Either way, he has to go, if he doesn't it illustrates in the cold light of day the absolute hypocrisy and incompetence of this government

"

If I want to start a campaign to stop Madonna singing that is my right

Of course, and I will support that campaign , "

And now we are two.

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Let’s get a few things strait here

He had corona virus...

We was all told if you had symptoms that we should self isolate

We also got told we should visit old people coz their in a higher risk..the death rate over 60 is high

Yet Mr Cummings can drive 250 miles with the virus with his family to see his mum and dad...

I couldn’t give a Sh-t who you are it’s Morally Wrong...

How many people couldn’t go see loved ones for the fear they could catch it and die...and if he broke down on the way who ever came to Rescue them was putting their life and loved ones at Risk

So in my opinion it’s morally wrong...

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

We shouldn’t visit

By *ete1260Man  over a year ago

Evesham

"I think he’ll be more difficult to get rid of than Rasputin sadly."
Do love the analogy with Rasputin !

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

He should be fined and booted out.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Do you really think the whole corrupt lot of them are doing the same as us ... hell no .... and us soft shits are abiding by the rules

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

No 10 says... Cummings behaved 'responsibly and legally' according to reports lol

upton wirral

He wil go he has to go but will he?To be honest it might take a few days but cannot see how Boris can win this one.

Reason is to do with the simple fact that people will say why should I obey the rules if Cummins does not?

It is the public who will remove him not polititions

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"No 10 says... Cummings behaved 'responsibly and legally' according to reports lol "

Of course they will, didn't Boris go to his "holiday" home

"Do you really think the whole corrupt lot of them are doing the same as us ... hell no .... and us soft shits are abiding by the rules "

GOT TO GO!

Agreed absolute cunt, all he needs is the uniform....

Well, that's easy. He's a cunt."

By *exywheelsCouple  over a year ago

inverness

He also returned to London during lockdown

By *0 Shades of RedCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The man should be sacked how Boris can support him is beyond belief

Flintshire

We all being taken for mugs here .... and we all just sitting back and listening to the pathetic excuses they give .... which they’ve all plotted to come up with amongst themselves

"The man should be sacked how Boris can support him is beyond belief"

Maybe because Boris is a lying cunt as well ?

Flintshire

"The man should be sacked how Boris can support him is beyond belief

Maybe because Boris is a lying cunt as well ?"

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 11:27:34]

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think that you are going to be able to look back at this point in the future when they ask "at what point did the public lose trust in the government over the lockdown rules"....

you could call the act idiotic...

the cover up and the defence are making this way way worse!

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

What we’ve always known about this rotten government is coming out. They are a bunch of liars who only care about themselves who are backed up by a bunch of despicable right wing papers read by a flock of sheep.

How can anybody defend Cummings today?

Any decent prime minister would show his face at the press conference and take responsibility. Instead we’ve got a ghost part-time minister coming with ten Latin words every other week before hibernating again. Enough to impress the thickos.

Gloucestershire

Everyone is forgetting the child in their vitriol hated for DC here.....

"i think that you are going to be able to look back at this point in the future when they ask "at what point did the public lose trust in the government over the lockdown rules"....

you could call the act idiotic...

the cover up and the defence are making this way way worse!"

blame it all on the scientific advice

"Everyone is forgetting the child in their vitriol hated for DC here....."

What about the child ? Can you explain how putting him in a car for 3 hours is protecting him from the virus ?

"No 10 says... Cummings behaved 'responsibly and legally' according to reports lol

Of course they will, didn't Boris go to his "holiday" home"

We'll soon see if Cummings has more enemies than friends amongst the wider conservative party lol, the cabinet will have to toe the line I'm sure though

narnia

The advice is that if you are displaying symptoms you and your FAMILY are to isolate at HOME. dies Mr Cummings family, because of thier position, deserve to be afforded differantly?

Gloucestershire

"Everyone is forgetting the child in their vitriol hated for DC here.....

What about the child ? Can you explain how putting him in a car for 3 hours is protecting him from the virus ? "

It was before they really got into the heavy debilitating symptoms and putting him in a car to get cared for while both his parents then are unable to care for him for days not just a few hours

Gloucestershire

The advice is that if you are displaying symptoms you and your FAMILY are to isolate at HOME. dies Mr Cummings family, because of thier position, deserve to be afforded differantly? "

Check transcripts from DMO and look at the official guidelines about looking after kids if parents both have disease

narnia

What about the child ? Can you explain how putting him in a car for 3 hours is protecting him from the virus ?

It was before they really got into the heavy debilitating symptoms and putting him in a car to get cared for while both his parents then are unable to care for him for days not just a few hours "

What about every other family in the country in similar positions?? Differant rules for Mr Cummings yes? His actions were stupid, these attempts to defend him are repugnant

Gloucestershire

People are just using the hatred to sling it at DC and the Government, are forgetting he didn't break the advice

Gloucestershire

It was before they really got into the heavy debilitating symptoms and putting him in a car to get cared for while both his parents then are unable to care for him for days not just a few hours

What about every other family in the country in similar positions?? Differant rules for Mr Cummings yes? His actions were stupid, these attempts to defend him are repugnant "

No if they have the same circumstances the guidelines allow you to do it, there is not a 2 tier system

narnia

What about every other family in the country in similar positions?? Differant rules for Mr Cummings yes? His actions were stupid, these attempts to defend him are repugnant

No if they have the same circumstances the guidelines allow you to do it, there is not a 2 tier system"

While you are staying at home, make sure you do the following things

Stay at home

You and all household members should remain at home. Do not go to work, school, or public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis.

If possible, you should not go out even to buy food or other essentials, and any exercise should be taken within your home. The 14-day period starts from the day the first person in your house became ill.

If you require help with buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, or walking a dog, you will need to ask friends or relatives. Alternatively, you can order medication by phone or online. You can also order your shopping online. Make sure you tell delivery drivers to leave items outside for collection if you order online. The delivery driver should not come into your home.

If you are an employee and unable to work due to coronavirus (COVID-19), please refer to this guidance from the Department for Work and Pensions to find out about the support that is available to you.

If you are living with children

Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

What we have seen so far is that children with coronavirus (COVID-19) appear to be less severely affected. It is nevertheless important to do your best to follow this guidance.

"People are just using the hatred to sling it at DC and the Government, are forgetting he didn't break the advice "

Depends who advice you are talking about, Boris said in one of his rare public briefings that grandparents can not look after their grand kids?

Newcastle and Gateshead

It was before they really got into the heavy debilitating symptoms and putting him in a car to get cared for while both his parents then are unable to care for him for days not just a few hours "

the rules were simple... anyone displaying symptoms and the WHOLE family stays at home.... partner and kids!!!

his child could have already had it by the time they trotted them up north

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

The excuse is that he self isolated away from his family. We all know he had the symptoms and had been in contact with Boris, what would you have done if you had the luxury of staying away from your family.

Its worth having a balanced approach when judging someone.

He is still a cunt tho!

He probably just wanted to see his mum. Wish I could see my mum sometimes, but she died a few years back so I can't

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I haven't read all the posts, I kind of feel the Mirror and the Guardian are trying to stitch Cummings up as why would it take so long to come into the public domain?

Also, are we now a country is snitches? The member of public that spotted him, I wonder if they rang the police or the papers first?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the defence of what he has done is worse than the act itself

Doing the right think would be admitting to thinking the rules didn't apply to him and see if they will let him keep his job, instead a statement has gone out from the Government that he wasn't doing anything wrong

I am guessing now if anyone gets the symptoms or someone in your family does we can drive to another persons house to stay there and won't be penalised for it

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

North

I still cant understand why he went. he didnt use his family for childcare so why go?

Gloucestershire

No if they have the same circumstances the guidelines allow you to do it, there is not a 2 tier system

Stay at home

You and all household members should remain at home. Do not go to work, school, or public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis.

If possible, you should not go out even to buy food or other essentials, and any exercise should be taken within your home. The 14-day period starts from the day the first person in your house became ill.

If you require help with buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, or walking a dog, you will need to ask friends or relatives. Alternatively, you can order medication by phone or online. You can also order your shopping online. Make sure you tell delivery drivers to leave items outside for collection if you order online. The delivery driver should not come into your home.

If you are an employee and unable to work due to coronavirus (COVID-19), please refer to this guidance from the Department for Work and Pensions to find out about the support that is available to you.

Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

What we have seen so far is that children with coronavirus (COVID-19) appear to be less severely affected. It is nevertheless important to do your best to follow this guidance."

23/3/2020

"A small child clearly is a vulnerable individual, so in this case, although we are encouraging everybody to stay in their own households - that's the unit with the same risk exposure - clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.

"If the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The excuse is that he self isolated away from his family. We all know he had the symptoms and had been in contact with Boris,

!"

The statement said he didn't have the symptoms

Gloucestershire

the rules were simple... anyone displaying symptoms and the WHOLE family stays at home.... partner and kids!!!

his child could have already had it by the time they trotted them up north"

The guidelines at the time let this trip happen

The guidelines at the time let this trip happen "

The dark side is strong in this one...

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"The excuse is that he self isolated away from his family. We all know he had the symptoms and had been in contact with Boris,

!

The statement said he didn't have the symptoms"

He definitely did, i remember him running out of downing street and it being on the news

"Weekend of 28th & 29th- over this weekend Mr Cummings developed coronavirus symptoms downing street later confirmed. "

Sky news

Newcastle and Gateshead

Stay at home

What we have seen so far is that children with coronavirus (COVID-19) appear to be less severely affected. It is nevertheless important to do your best to follow this guidance.

23/3/2020

"A small child clearly is a vulnerable individual, so in this case, although we are encouraging everybody to stay in their own households - that's the unit with the same risk exposure - clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.

"If the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs

"

there were TWO adults in that house.... one was clearly well enough to drive from london to durham (and back)... i don't think that exception applies!!!!

narnia

The guidelines at the time let this trip happen "

I posted the guidelines above if you care to read. They say to isolate at home. There has been no suggestion that either Mr Cummings or his with actually had the virus let alone were incapacitated enough to require assistance. And if they were in such an unfortunate state were there any other options available rather than driving 250 miles and leaving thier child who was at very high risk of carrying the virus with other family members and exposing them?

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

Meanwhile, his wife wrote an article in the Spectator talking about their isolation in London. Guess she wasn't expecting to be discovered up north!

Gloucestershire

Stay at home

23/3/2020

there were TWO adults in that house.... one was clearly well enough to drive from london to durham (and back)... i don't think that exception applies!!!!"

They drove there and self isolated there for over a week/closer to two weeks and weren't in contact with the other family members

Gloucestershire

I posted the guidelines above if you care to read. They say to isolate at home. There has been no suggestion that either Mr Cummings or his with actually had the virus let alone were incapacitated enough to require assistance. And if they were in such an unfortunate state were there any other options available rather than driving 250 miles and leaving thier child who was at very high risk of carrying the virus with other family members and exposing them? "

Today's guidelines and I also posted the admice of the DMO on the 23rd march before this incident

narnia

"Meanwhile, his wife wrote an article in the Spectator talking about their isolation in London. Guess she wasn't expecting to be discovered up north!"

Call me cynical, but I'd say that they maybe knew the trip was indefensible..? The cover up is always worse than the crime

Gloucestershire

I posted the guidelines above if you care to read. They say to isolate at home. There has been no suggestion that either Mr Cummings or his with actually had the virus let alone were incapacitated enough to require assistance. And if they were in such an unfortunate state were there any other options available rather than driving 250 miles and leaving thier child who was at very high risk of carrying the virus with other family members and exposing them? "

What other options is there without access to family

Sadly it is one rule for them and another for us.They are taking the piss out of us all

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

He is fine. It’s a free country. He is doing what he sees fit for his family just like anyone else. People need to mind their own.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Stay at home

23/3/2020

there were TWO adults in that house.... one was clearly well enough to drive from london to durham (and back)... i don't think that exception applies!!!!

They drove there and self isolated there for over a week/closer to two weeks and weren't in contact with the other family members"

That isn't the guidelines, these are

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus?gclid=CjwKCAjwk6P2BRAIEiwAfVJ0rJ85BRh3gnAyB7-25UurTf-YgWgu2peIBz_lM-zgvR5qz9gnca0yDxoC8gUQAvD_BwE

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

What other options is there without access to family "

The same as anyone else in that position, if one needs to go out for shopping when they come back they self isolate themselves from the infected one

Gloucestershire

Stay at home

23/3/2020

They drove there and self isolated there for over a week/closer to two weeks and weren't in contact with the other family members

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus?gclid=CjwKCAjwk6P2BRAIEiwAfVJ0rJ85BRh3gnAyB7-25UurTf-YgWgu2peIBz_lM-zgvR5qz9gnca0yDxoC8gUQAvD_BwE"

They are the guidelines now and not of the time, please look for them or the fact that the regulations allowed him to do that and quite easy to find using the NPCC and asking as it's days and not hours

Gloucestershire

"

The same as anyone else in that position, if one needs to go out for shopping when they come back they self isolate themselves from the infected one"

And if both parents have it?

narnia

"He is fine. It’s a free country. He is doing what he sees fit for his family just like anyone else. People need to mind their own. "

He is at the top of a government telling people how to restrict thier lives, he is as accountable for hi s actions as you or I, that's how society works

narnia

"

The same as anyone else in that position, if one needs to go out for shopping when they come back they self isolate themselves from the infected one

And if both parents have it? "

There are other options rather than driving 250 miles as stated in the guidance. Also, if both parents are symptomatic, leaving a child with potential high levels of exposure with uninfected people isn't particularly smart, now is it?

By *ittleREDridingWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

On the bbc news app the headline is this story about this twat and then further down the page is a story about a 30yr old nurse who hasn’t seen her 2yr old son for five weeks cos somebody at her work had the virus. Made me cry reading it, couldn’t not cuddle my kids for that long, I’d be a mess

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

And if both parents have it? "

He didn't

However thinking about this, he wouldn't have been able to go out either as he would be isolating for 14 days as the statement said he didn't have the virus

In which case maybe the friend who gives him a lift to work who lives two doors away from him could have done? If not another friend one of them may have? Or a charity that are delivering food to people who can't get out? Or the Fire Brigade who are delivering essentials when people can't get out?

I am guessing he should have done what we all would be expected to do? which is stay home

Gloucestershire

"

There are other options rather than driving 250 miles as stated in the guidance. Also, if both parents are symptomatic, leaving a child with potential high levels of exposure with uninfected people isn't particularly smart, now is it? "

Did both have symptoms at the time of the drive? Or did they degrade after and was already isolating away from the family getting his sister to deliver shopping to them

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Did both have symptoms at the time of the drive? "

He didn't have any symptoms, he could have looked after his wife

"

There are other options rather than driving 250 miles as stated in the guidance. Also, if both parents are symptomatic, leaving a child with potential high levels of exposure with uninfected people isn't particularly smart, now is it?

Did both have symptoms at the time of the drive? Or did they degrade after and was already isolating away from the family getting his sister to deliver shopping to them "

He had symptoms .

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

However thinking about this, he wouldn't have been able to go out either as he would be isolating for 14 days as the statement said he didn't have the virus

In which case maybe the friend who gives him a lift to work who lives two doors away from him could have done? If not another friend one of them may have? Or a charity that are delivering food to people who can't get out? Or the Fire Brigade who are delivering essentials when people can't get out?

I am guessing he should have done what we all would be expected to do? which is stay home "

So stay at home and potentially both parents get symptoms so severe that the needs of the child aren't being met or give the child to his parents and both he and his wife self isolate at another part of the property

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus?gclid=CjwKCAjwk6P2BRAIEiwAfVJ0rJ85BRh3gnAyB7-25UurTf-YgWgu2peIBz_lM-zgvR5qz9gnca0yDxoC8gUQAvD_BwE

They are the guidelines now and not of the time, please look for them or the fact that the regulations allowed him to do that and quite easy to find using the NPCC and asking as it's days and not hours "

When did the guidelines change? If you can find them can you put the link in please? what were the guidelines between lock down and 31st March?

Gloucestershire

"

Did both have symptoms at the time of the drive?

He didn't have any symptoms, he could have looked after his wife "

So he didn't have symptoms but could of developed them whilst looking after his wife thus neglecting alex, in that situation where you personally don't have symptoms but your partner does and she is bed ridden...... But you could also get that severity of symptoms where both parents are incapable of looking after your 4 year old...... What would you do?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

They drove there and self isolated there for over a week/closer to two weeks and weren't in contact with the other family members"

They drove there so the grandparents could care for their son so obviously the child mixed with two people in their 70s despite possibly being a carrier. This is definitely outside the guidelines.

"

He didn't

I am guessing he should have done what we all would be expected to do? which is stay home

So stay at home and potentially both parents get symptoms so severe that the needs of the child aren't being met or give the child to his parents and both he and his wife self isolate at another part of the property"

Yes. How do you think thousands of families dealt with it when one of them became ill?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So stay at home and potentially both parents get symptoms so severe that the needs of the child aren't being met or give the child to his parents and both he and his wife self isolate at another part of the property

"

I would imagine any parent would call for help if they thought things where going down hill, so that their child could be looked after. Parents do this all the time when they are ill

We could all twist the rules to suit, defending that action just makes people look silly

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 12:27:21]

Gloucestershire

"

I would imagine any parent would call for help if they thought things where going down hill, so that their child could be looked after. Parents do this all the time when they are ill

We could all twist the rules to suit, defending that action just makes people look silly"

So he called for help by driving and isolating away from the people helping

"I think he’ll be more difficult to get rid of than Rasputin sadly.

Love the analogy"

I second that

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

Yes. How do you think thousands of families dealt with it when one of them became ill? "

Becoming ill with flu and this is a different kettle of fish and negligence to the child is against section 1 of the child act

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Did both have symptoms at the time of the drive?

He didn't have any symptoms, he could have looked after his wife

So he didn't have symptoms but could of developed them whilst looking after his wife thus neglecting alex, in that situation where you personally don't have symptoms but your partner does and she is bed ridden...... But you could also get that severity of symptoms where both parents are incapable of looking after your 4 year old...... What would you do? "

Clutching at straws springs to mind

I answered what most parents do on your other post I quoted.

Lets be honest here, there is no excuse to what he did and admitting it would have made him not look so much of an arse

For me, if our grown up children had gotten the virus and our grandchildren needed looking after I would be breaking the rules and looking after them, but I would accept it wasn't what I should be doing and accept any slap on the wrist that came my way

One of our children did get it who promised they would call if they thought it was getting any worse, happily it didn't, but we didn't break any rules " just in case " it went worse

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

We could all twist the rules to suit, defending that action just makes people look silly

So he called for help by driving and isolating away from the people helping"

Sometimes it seems pointless, this is one of those times

Leeds

Why couldn't one of the grandparents have travelled down from Durham to London ?

By *0 Shades of RedCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The child who was a potential Covid carrier infecting the grandparents???

Gloucestershire

"

They are the guidelines now and not of the time, please look for them or the fact that the regulations allowed him to do that and quite easy to find using the NPCC and asking as it's days and not hours

When did the guidelines change? If you can find them can you put the link in please? what were the guidelines between lock down and 31st March?"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

Can't find the guidelines at the time but even ones updated on the 18th show he didn't break the rules

This vitriol is partisan

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

He didn't

I am guessing he should have done what we all would be expected to do? which is stay home "

To add to this, the first post was right after all, if one has no symptoms and the only way to get supplies is for that person to go shopping they can, making sure they stick to all the precautions

"

We could all twist the rules to suit, defending that action just makes people look silly"

Indeed.

Think you're defending the indefensible here lonewolf lol.

His wife strongly gave the impression in her Spectator interview that they were isolating in London.

Had they come clean and said they did what they did for the sake of their child they would have been better thought of.

Oh and there's no particular hatred of DC here

"

He didn't

Yes. How do you think thousands of families dealt with it when one of them became ill?

Becoming ill with flu and this is a different kettle of fish and negligence to the child is against section 1 of the child act "

Was either parent unable to look after the child when they set off? How did they know that they would become too ill to look after their child? Was it Cummings mother’s birthday?

Gloucestershire

The child who was a potential Covid carrier infecting the grandparents???"

Potential...... Yes, did he, no

Potential...... Yes, did he, no"

Did Cummings have really bad symptoms when he set of to Durham?

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

Becoming ill with flu and this is a different kettle of fish and negligence to the child is against section 1 of the child act

Was either parent unable to look after the child when they set off? How did they know that they would become too ill to look after their child? Was it Cummings mother’s birthday? "

They didn't know if they would become too ill better to not risk that though as too late and that poor child is fucked...... Your outlook is potential to neglect the kid in that situation... Interesting outlook to have

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

When did the guidelines change? If you can find them can you put the link in please? what were the guidelines between lock down and 31st March?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

Can't find the guidelines at the time but even ones updated on the 18th show he didn't break the rules

This vitriol is partisan "

We didn't lock down until the 23rd March. The guidelines have been the same since that date.

Gloucestershire

Did Cummings have really bad symptoms when he set of to Durham? "

No

Gloucestershire

"

This vitriol is partisan

We didn't lock down until the 23rd March. The guidelines have been the same since that date. "

So then the guidelines allowed him to do it then as they do now, good to know

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

This vitriol is partisan "

We didn't lock down until the 23rd March. The guidelines have been the same since that date.

Pointing out the obvious is not vitriol.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

This vitriol is partisan

So then the guidelines allowed him to do it then as they do now, good to know"

I think you are just being silly now, the guidelines are the same as they have been since 23rd March. You should stay at home....ah never mind, crack on

"

He didn't

Was either parent unable to look after the child when they set off? How did they know that they would become too ill to look after their child? Was it Cummings mother’s birthday?

They didn't know if they would become too ill better to not risk that though as too late and that poor child is fucked...... Your outlook is potential to neglect the kid in that situation... Interesting outlook to have "

So potentially it could lead to child neglect and potentially lead to infection of others (grandparents )

Gloucestershire

And on the 23/3/20 deputy medical officer was asked in the press briefing if exactly this scenario occurred what to do and her comments are further up the thread

No"

Then why did he, his wife and child go to Durham?

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

They didn't know if they would become too ill better to not risk that though as too late and that poor child is fucked...... Your outlook is potential to neglect the kid in that situation... Interesting outlook to have

So potentially it could lead to child neglect and potentially lead to infection of others (grandparents ) "

The and should be an or there

narnia

"

He didn't

Becoming ill with flu and this is a different kettle of fish and negligence to the child is against section 1 of the child act "

There has been no suggestion that the child was in any danger at the time they travelled. There were other options available for support at thier home, neighbours, friends, I'm pretty sure he has a P.A.. If they had been both seriously ill and unable to look after the child then that would be a different scanario, and steps could have been taken once that situation seemed likely. But that wasn't the case, and you seem quite determined to ignore these facts, and facts they are

Gloucestershire

No

Then why did he, his wife and child go to Durham? "

The potential of him developing symptoms and neglecting Alexander, so he went to Durham to self isolate with his wife in a separate part of his family home whilst his sister and parents looked after Alex

Leeds

"

The and should be an or there "

?

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

There has been no suggestion that the child was in any danger at the time they travelled. There were other options available for support at thier home, neighbours, friends, I'm pretty sure he has a P.A.. If they had been both seriously ill and unable to look after the child then that would be a different scanario, and steps could have been taken once that situation seemed likely. But that wasn't the case, and you seem quite determined to ignore these facts, and facts they are"

The facts are there was a potential to become severely ill and neglect Alex..... How aren't you getting this

"

He didn't

So potentially it could lead to child neglect and potentially lead to infection of others (grandparents )

The and should be an or there "

Ah, I find it hilarious when people resort to correcting spelling and grammar when they are losing the argument . Care to answer the question Mr Wolf

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

There has been no suggestion that the child was in any danger at the time they travelled. There were other options available for support at thier home, neighbours, friends, I'm pretty sure he has a P.A.. If they had been both seriously ill and unable to look after the child then that would be a different scanario, and steps could have been taken once that situation seemed likely. But that wasn't the case, and you seem quite determined to ignore these facts, and facts they are"

Same question if you personally don't have symptoms but your partner does and she is bed ridden...... But you could also get that severity of symptoms where both parents are incapable of looking after your 4 year old...... What would you do?

"

He didn't

There has been no suggestion that the child was in any danger at the time they travelled. There were other options available for support at thier home, neighbours, friends, I'm pretty sure he has a P.A.. If they had been both seriously ill and unable to look after the child then that would be a different scanario, and steps could have been taken once that situation seemed likely. But that wasn't the case, and you seem quite determined to ignore these facts, and facts they are

The facts are there was a potential to become severely ill and neglect Alex..... How aren't you getting this "

Was there potential to infect others ?

Leeds

Why couldn't Cummings and wife stay in London and sister look after Alex in another part of Durham house ?

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

Ah, I find it hilarious when people resort to correcting spelling and grammar when they are losing the argument . Care to answer the question Mr Wolf "

I did it is neglect of the child OR potential to infect his parents there isn't an and there as if he gave Alex to his parents then Alex isn't being neglected

"

He didn't

Same question if you personally don't have symptoms but your partner does and she is bed ridden...... But you could also get that severity of symptoms where both parents are incapable of looking after your 4 year old...... What would you do?

"

Follow government advice , Stay at home, like everyone else did. Did they both have severe symptoms

Gloucestershire

"Why couldn't Cummings and wife stay in London and sister look after Alex in another part of Durham house ?"

So drive up to Durham to drop the kid off and drive back to London........ Or just drive up there and self isolate in a different property

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

Follow government advice , Stay at home, like everyone else did. Did they both have severe symptoms "

Government advice ALLOWS him to do what he did

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

This vitriol is partisan

So then the guidelines allowed him to do it then as they do now, good to know

I think you are just being silly now, the guidelines are the same as they have been since 23rd March. You should stay at home....ah never mind, crack on "

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1023027#message_23676916

A quick question before I go do the gardening, you condemn this person in this thread for breaking the rules, why are you not condemning the person being discussed on this thread for breaking those same rules?

Leeds

Why couldn't the sister come to London to collect him ?

"

He didn't

Ah, I find it hilarious when people resort to correcting spelling and grammar when they are losing the argument . Care to answer the question Mr Wolf

I did it is neglect of the child OR potential to infect his parents there isn't an and there as if he gave Alex to his parents then Alex isn't being neglected

"

Alex wasn’t being neglected in London ?

Gloucestershire

He claims he didn't have symptoms at that time.....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Perfect spelling or grammar is not compulsory .Don't pick on peoples spelling/ typo, it can stop people from posting

narnia

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 12:53:25]

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

Alex wasn’t being neglected in London ? "

If both parents became unable to look after their kid in London then Alex would be neglected....

Leeds

"

Government advice ALLOWS him to do what he did "

So during lockdown anyone can say they are feeling a bit poorly and go along with their children to stay with grandparents or relatives for a couple of weeks ? The advice still clearly says no overnight visits.

"

He didn't

If both parents became unable to look after their kid in London then Alex would be neglected...."

If, could, potential ?

You can’t cover all ‘if, but, and, maybe’ in this. It’s just nonsense

Gloucestershire

To sum up my argument

Dominic Mrs got ill, he didn't have symptoms but with the virus as it is he deemed it necessary, and within guidelines then and now, that the risk of him getting it and potential for bad symptoms (as we know it gives you) to go give Alex (vulnerable person in his household) to his sister/parents whilst they self isolated for weeks in a different part of the property.

"To sum up my argument

Dominic Mrs got ill, he didn't have symptoms but with the virus as it is he deemed it necessary, and within guidelines then and now, that the risk of him getting it and potential for bad symptoms (as we know it gives you) to go give Alex (vulnerable person in his household) to his sister/parents whilst they self isolated for weeks in a different part of the property."

Does Alex have underlying health conditions?

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

We should throw him in the sea by Dover if he floats he’s innocent... but if not he’d make a good obstacle to the migrants. This is problem solving on a totally different level...we could make him hand deliver testing kits to all the locals in the place he illegally visited dressed as a clown which would not only be useful but bring some much needed cheer into the lives of those who he could so cruelly have infected. Furthermore If it was Ronald McDonald he could get sponsorship and restart the economic bounce back for fast food industry.... I am on fire today if government think tank needs an ideas man pls don’t hesitate to call...

Gloucestershire

"

He didn't

If both parents became unable to look after their kid in London then Alex would be neglected....

If, could, potential ? "

Any parent would error on the side of caution when it comes to their child I would of thought and even if the potential was small to be unable to give a 4 year old the needs that it requires then it doesn't matter if the potential is miniscule. Im sure any parent would think the same with this virus

Gloucestershire

"To sum up my argument

Dominic Mrs got ill, he didn't have symptoms but with the virus as it is he deemed it necessary, and within guidelines then and now, that the risk of him getting it and potential for bad symptoms (as we know it gives you) to go give Alex (vulnerable person in his household) to his sister/parents whilst they self isolated for weeks in a different part of the property.

Does Alex have underlying health conditions? "

Doesn't matter, classed as vulnerable by the government

"To sum up my argument

Dominic Mrs got ill, he didn't have symptoms but with the virus as it is he deemed it necessary, and within guidelines then and now, that the risk of him getting it and potential for bad symptoms (as we know it gives you) to go give Alex (vulnerable person in his household) to his sister/parents whilst they self isolated for weeks in a different part of the property."

So , he wasn’t ill at the time? He decided it was worth the risk of driving 250 miles to his elderly parents because he could ‘potentially’ catch the virus and ‘ if ‘ he became unwell it ‘could’ ‘potentially’ lead to Alex being neglected . Why didn’t he drive up with Alex alone then return to look after his sick wife

Gloucestershire

Not against the guidelines of the government, also not against the NPCC guidelines........ He broke no laws, this is just a pile on of people that think he's a cunt (I also sometimes do)

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

All the politicians/“advisers” caught out at their second homes and also travelling to places such as Wales and Durham in this case have stayed on.

Where as those in the scientific community have done fallen on their sword.

Which goes to show the staggering double standards and arrogance of politicians no matter the political spectrum.

If you are expecting him to go easily think again.

"To sum up my argument

Doesn't matter, classed as vulnerable by the government"

Children aren’t vulnerable. Hence schools being open.

Gloucestershire

"To sum up my argument

So , he wasn’t ill at the time? He decided it was worth the risk of driving 250 miles to his elderly parents because he could ‘potentially’ catch the virus and ‘ if ‘ he became unwell it ‘could’ ‘potentially’ lead to Alex being neglected . Why didn’t he drive up with Alex alone then return to look after his sick wife "

He did have the virus like I said if there's a miniscule chance that he's not asymptomatic then the child comes first

"

He didn't

He also has other family who live in London......plenty other options.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I don't have much time for this guy or anyone that breaks the lockdown rules.

Just one thing to note that is ironic.I just seen on sky news lots of reporters and photographers outside his house trying to get statements ect from him. Not one was observing social distancing rules. In fact most were shoulder to shoulder.

"To sum up my argument

Spectator magazine... Wakefield said that Cummings rushed home to look after her when she began showing symptoms. A day later he began feeling “weird” and then couldn’t get out of bed. “Day in, day out for 10 days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms,” she said.

Wakefield’s article does not say where they were during quarantine, but it adds: “After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.”

"Possibly asked to resign but will be brought back for the next election I guess"

He’s going nowhere. Sycophantic Tory M.P.s and press will have his back.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"To sum up my argument

Doesn't matter, classed as vulnerable by the government"

It wasn't within guidelines, the guidelines have always been the same even since before the lock down. If you have symptoms stay at home, if someone you live with has symptoms, stay at home longer

It is is hypocritical to say one person should stick to the rules then say another person can bend them

As this all happened on 31st March I am now wondering why it was released now ,so makes me think what is being hidden from todays news