FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Annoying things to come from lockdown

Annoying things to come from lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arciocial OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

So we have positive things to come from lock down; what's something that you find annoying since lock down (except social distancing knowledge)?

For me, it will have to be the amount of groups I am being invited to on social media. A lot of the groups are fairly similar or I have 0 interest in. I get a notification to say someone has invited me but it automatically puts me in the group! I have to go to the group unfollow and then leave to stop it spamming my homepage.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

The people who insist on singing for carers and NHS every bleedin week. I've a woman near me screeching at the top of her voice every week ( & more of a screech than singing. Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket). Keep hoping for a power cut but no joy yet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People in shops, with no concept of what 2 meters is .....

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

What does she sing? I suggest dr beat by Gloria Estefan and the Miami sound machine...

"The people who insist on singing for carers and NHS every bleedin week. I've a woman near me screeching at the top of her voice every week ( & more of a screech than singing. Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket). Keep hoping for a power cut but no joy yet."

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The most annoying thing to me is the finger pointing and virtue signalling. The length and number of times a person claps on. Thursday night has now become an inductor for good character it seems.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Annoying me is so much negativity and anti government attitude of many,could they do better?

Also this fuss about clapping,do not get it what the hell is it about?

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

Daily briefings fronted by 3rd rate clowns sorry ministers.

I second the people in shops having no sense of spacial awareness.

Miss face to face interaction with my work colleagues.

The usual suspects defending the government no matter how many people die from their incompetence.

its highlighted people (that apparently want to love in a democracy) seem to be incapable of putting on their shoes and socks without direct permission and instruction from the government

possibly because they seem to think that being elected grants you enlightenment of all knowledge and the ability to predict the future, or it seems that way from how many people are surprised that facing something for the first time we they haven’t gotten everything perfect first time round

also the people who think a global pandemic is an opportunity for politics and deludedly think a different government would have had much of a different outcome (and by that i mean devolved gvt vs westminister not just party vs party)

"its highlighted people (that apparently want to love in a democracy) seem to be incapable of putting on their shoes and socks without direct permission and instruction from the government

possibly because they seem to think that being elected grants you enlightenment of all knowledge and the ability to predict the future, or it seems that way from how many people are surprised that facing something for the first time we they haven’t gotten everything perfect first time round

also the people who think a global pandemic is an opportunity for politics and deludedly think a different government would have had much of a different outcome (and by that i mean devolved gvt vs westminister not just party vs party) "

on a sillier note ... i think i have developed an online shopping addiction that i didnt have before lockdown

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

Too many ppl benefittimg from furlough and living it up on a long holiday

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

"

idont know specifically what you are referring to but surely a u turn suggests listening learning and growth ? i would think that was better than steaming ahead with something just because you already made the decision

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

"

Cant agree on the last one.

I am back at work now and hated being on furlough.

A holiday it is not.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

Cant agree on the last one. I am back at work now and hated being on furlough. A holiday it is not."

I cant stand being on furlough, unfortunately I've been told I can't work for anyone else also.

If living it up is the four walls definitely close in regularly, wanting to see people and not being able to, feeling very lonely, thinking I would like to do "" but can not.. I want to be working, a reason to be out, seeing the real world, I extend my shopping trips just to see people I probably talk to alot more strangers now "especially those moaning about que's"

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

"

Not enough experts.

Or not enough people listening to the experts.

By *ngelndevilCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Everything!

Leicester

"People in shops, with no concept of what 2 meters is ..... "

nob

Leicester

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

"

Most people haven't been furloughed by choice so for those that have been how do you think they should have been treated? What about those on benefits or on sick pay?

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

Cant agree on the last one. I am back at work now and hated being on furlough. A holiday it is not.

I cant stand being on furlough, unfortunately I've been told I can't work for anyone else also.

If living it up is the four walls definitely close in regularly, wanting to see people and not being able to, feeling very lonely, thinking I would like to do "" but can not.. I want to be working, a reason to be out, seeing the real world, I extend my shopping trips just to see people I probably talk to alot more strangers now "especially those moaning about que's"

"

Ive heard ppl near me saying keep the furlough going.. Im ok, got all my bills covered and spare money so are doing up house n garden on furlough cash. Heard with my ears.

Obviously, others will be struggling.. But their are exceptions in every group.

Im working all the time... Its grating a bit.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

The term "covidiots" and the associated virtue signalling

The news really is annoying now also we have tv adverts based on the virus. Endless ridiculous stunts like walking up the stairs for a fortnight because they think it’s the same as climbing Everest. Guarantee it’s fuck all like it unless your stairs gets snow and ice on it and the air thins right out in the top landing.

Media have turned the virus into a glorified Red Nose Day type Circus.

"Too many experts

Too many u turns

Too many conservatives

Cant agree on the last one. I am back at work now and hated being on furlough. A holiday it is not.

Ive heard ppl near me saying keep the furlough going.. Im ok, got all my bills covered and spare money so are doing up house n garden on furlough cash. Heard with my ears.

Obviously, others will be struggling.. But their are exceptions in every group.

Im working all the time... Its grating a bit. "

I cannot blame people for turning around their time whilst being furloughed. Better this than depressing themselves. Why shouldn't they make the best of it? They might not even have a job to go back to.

People in general

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"People in general"

Omg just thought it was me with this though

The conspiracy theorists who insist on ‘enlightening’ me whilst queuing for Sainsbury’s

The people who assume they know everything about the subject from what they read on Facebook.

Having work take over my home and seemingly being permanently on Zoom. I hadn't even heard of zoom 2 months ago.

Annoying things..

Being a postie I have to say those people who have become addicted to non essential online shopping.

There are huge financial problems happening and will probably get worse, save your money while you can!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Annoying things..

Being a postie I have to say those people who have become addicted to non essential online shopping.

There are huge financial problems happening and will probably get worse, save your money while you can! "

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"its highlighted people (that apparently want to love in a democracy) seem to be incapable of putting on their shoes and socks without direct permission and instruction from the government

also the people who think a global pandemic is an opportunity for politics and deludedly think a different government would have had much of a different outcome (and by that i mean devolved gvt vs westminister not just party vs party) "

I totally agree with you! For one, nothing works first time round! And for two, I don't think whoever was in government would have got everything right first time.

Who the fuck would? We were lied to from the start from the Chinese Government we could only second guess what was really happening, yes we could have done better, yes we could have stopped the horse racing, yes we could have stopped allowing people in on flights but at the same time we were expected to repatriate people who decided to take a risk but were left stranded, and even now we have arseholes flouting the rules! But then as they say 'hindsight is a wonderful thing!'

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Oh the conspiracy theory shite coming up on social media

By *ngelndevilCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

People that do not work, get the money and then approved the quarantine on international arrivals.

We have been working since January without stop so a holiday now would be good.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

My choice in my profession.....

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Work (at Tesco)seeming ridiculously slow and boring because we are only allowed to let 5 customers in at once

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Hearing the word ‘unprecedented’

» Add a new message to this topic