FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Coronavirus vs Covid19 infection rates

Coronavirus vs Covid19 infection rates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm a little confused about this.

The way I understand it is, Coronavirus an umbrella term for different flu like diseases. Covid 19 is the specific strain.

So when the news reports that the UK has the highest coronavirus infection rate, are they talking into account all the viruses under the coronavirus name? Or just using it as a simpler term for Covid19?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

That's interesting, I haven't noticed that but haven't been following for a while. I wonder whether anyone has an answer.

I have noticed that the UK is the only country which doesn't provide a recovered or active cases figure. I wondered whether that was down to testing but many people state they have been tested, been positive and then recovered.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you’re reading too much into it

They are one and the same and nothing else is being implied

"I think you’re reading too much into it

They are one and the same and nothing else is being implied "

I'm not saying anything is being implied.

I was just curious about the terminology being used

"That's interesting, I haven't noticed that but haven't been following for a while. I wonder whether anyone has an answer.

I have noticed that the UK is the only country which doesn't provide a recovered or active cases figure. I wondered whether that was down to testing but many people state they have been tested, been positive and then recovered. "

I'm curious to have the antibody test. I was ill before christmas and wondering if I had it then

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm a little confused about this.

The way I understand it is, Coronavirus an umbrella term for different flu like diseases. Covid 19 is the specific strain.

So when the news reports that the UK has the highest coronavirus infection rate, are they talking into account all the viruses under the coronavirus name? Or just using it as a simpler term for Covid19?"

I'd suggest well observed

My opinion

When referring to

"The Corona virus" I'm positive they are referring to cov-SARS2

Personality if I'm correct I find it annoying ignorant and dumbing down

From what we have read and understand your correct Coronovirus does refer to a type of virus but its not the flu virus..the common cold is a coronvirus. But so is MERS AND SARS..covid 19 is the actual exact type of the virus that is causing the current pandemic..just like in the flu virus there are many different. Some viruses also easily mutate as in the flu virus some do not mutate so easily...no one has said if there are sub types of covid 19 and we think the world has found referring to the covid 19 outbreak as just the Coronovirus as its easier than saying covid 19..

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

I keep asking are the figures bollocks ...just to keep us all in lockdown ...now who knows the real numbers ...they could tell us anything....

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I have taken it that they are referring to the current pandemic strain which is Covid-19 when they talk about coronavirus.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

SARS-CoV-2 is the virus

Covid-19 is the disease it causes

HIV is the virus

AIDS is the disease it causes

I'd read it as coronovirus is a group of different but similar conditions, Covid19 is a specific strain ergo coronovirus figures would be different to Covid19 figures....

Coronavirus is an umbrella term for this type of common virus. SARS, MERS and SARS-COV-2 are all types of coronavirus. The SARS-COV-2 virus causes Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19). Its this that they're referring to in the figures as opposed to all coronaviruses

"I'd read it as coronovirus is a group of different but similar conditions, Covid19 is a specific strain ergo coronovirus figures would be different to Covid19 figures.... "

is there a risk that antibody tests would show positive if you had a different corona virus? or are they able to be much more specific than that

"That's interesting, I haven't noticed that but haven't been following for a while. I wonder whether anyone has an answer.

I have noticed that the UK is the only country which doesn't provide a recovered or active cases figure. I wondered whether that was down to testing but many people state they have been tested, been positive and then recovered.

I'm curious to have the antibody test. I was ill before christmas and wondering if I had it then"

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52762939

"I'd read it as coronovirus is a group of different but similar conditions, Covid19 is a specific strain ergo coronovirus figures would be different to Covid19 figures....

is there a risk that antibody tests would show positive if you had a different corona virus? or are they able to be much more specific than that "

I'm not sure tbh but be interesting to know

By *atandasmileMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Coronavirus is an umbrella term for this type of common virus. SARS, MERS and SARS-COV-2 are all types of coronavirus. The SARS-COV-2 virus causes Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19). Its this that they're referring to in the figures as opposed to all coronaviruses"

This ^^^ .

I'll also add, since it seems to come up often, SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 isn't a kind of flu - the influenza virus family causes that.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The term coronavirus got to be used too widely for this specific virus.

It is one of the coronaviruses but just the latest. They share some physical characteristics. It's lazy journalism and production that permits them continuing with this, ss if the population is as ignorant as in January. I'm confident that more than 90%of the population know better.

"I have taken it that they are referring to the current pandemic strain which is Covid-19 when they talk about coronavirus. "

This is what I take it as too

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

"Coronavirus is an umbrella term for this type of common virus. SARS, MERS and SARS-COV-2 are all types of coronavirus. The SARS-COV-2 virus causes Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19). Its this that they're referring to in the figures as opposed to all coronaviruses

This ^^^ .

I'll also add, since it seems to come up often, SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 isn't a kind of flu - the influenza virus family causes that."

Have you thought off becomming an expert to trump !!

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

I’m so glad Fab has so many medical experts.

Far advanced from Dr Google.

» Add a new message to this topic