FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > When will Boris have the guts to sack Cummings

When will Boris have the guts to sack Cummings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right he broke the rules and the law.

So surely he should be prosecuted for that. And it should not be will he get the sack ...but when!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

Not until the Daily Heil turns against him

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

To the 14,000 people charged between £60 - £100 by the Police for lockdown offences - ask for a refund.

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 13:38:18]

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 13:38:53]

edinburgh

I’m just playing devil’s advocate here in relation to some of the whataboutery in comparing Dominic Cummings to other officials who have been reprimanded for breaking the rules set out

Catherine Calderwood: Broke the rules set out to go on a weekend jolly

Neil Ferguson: Broke the rules to get his end away and dip a married woman

Dominic Cummings: Broke the rules (however I’ll advised it may have been) to help care for the welfare of his toddler

"Not until the Daily Heil turns against him"

The only way is to do it today...or what little bit of credibility they have left will be well and truly gone.

"To the 14,000 people charged between £60 - £100 by the Police for lockdown offences - ask for a refund. "

Totally agree

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Don’t hold your breathe. How many politico’s have been caught out at their second homes and driving to see parents and done the responsible thing? Both sides of the divide.

At least the science community recognise the hypocrisy and arrogance and resigned.

He will slink off for a while before resurfacing when the fuss is over. That’s all that will happen.

He’s such a polarising figure it would be an opportune moment to get rid of him as well and it would look like to be seen to do the right thing.

"I’m just playing devil’s advocate here in relation to some of the whataboutery in comparing Dominic Cummings to other officials who have been reprimanded for breaking the rules set out

Dominic Cummings: Broke the rules (however I’ll advised it may have been) to help care for the welfare of his toddler"

All I'll say is at around that time is the north east and yorkshire had very few cases...

narnia

"I’m just playing devil’s advocate here in relation to some of the whataboutery in comparing Dominic Cummings to other officials who have been reprimanded for breaking the rules set out

Dominic Cummings: Broke the rules (however I’ll advised it may have been) to help care for the welfare of his toddler"

This has been done to death on the there Cummings thread. He had other options and support in London, the child wasn't at risk when he made the decision to travel, and his wife wrote a column talking about being in isolation in London, indicating they new the trip was Ill advised

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It doesn't matter what the fine details are for each of these senior staff breaking the rules, which are in any event srlf-reported reasons for breaking the rules, they should all follow the guide that they are in positions of influence on the population. The country is largely ruled by the citizens obeying the urgency of the needs for isolation and minimising any potential impacts on the emergency services. At the start of the pandemic things were especially at risk of very severe consequences being caused by selfish behaviour. Hospitals, staff and key workers were investing in the common good, many giving their lives. There is no satisfactory excuse for any of us to have broken the government's rules and laws.

Neither Johnson or unelected Cummings appear to have much regard for the public that they serve, ss his departure was not immediate. This is an insult to the sacrifices and trust that the public has invested in to attempts to limit the damage to the country. We have worked for the common good. It's overdue for him, a public servant, to be completely removed from our payroll.

"It doesn't matter what the fine details are for each of these senior staff breaking the rules, which are in any event srlf-reported reasons for breaking the rules, they should all follow the guide that they are in positions of influence on the population. The country is largely ruled by the citizens obeying the urgency of the needs for isolation and minimising any potential impacts on the emergency services. At the start of the pandemic things were especially at risk of very severe consequences being caused by selfish behaviour. Hospitals, staff and key workers were investing in the common good, many giving their lives. There is no satisfactory excuse for any of us to have broken the government's rules and laws.

Neither Johnson or unelected Cummings appear to have much regard for the public that they serve, ss his departure was not immediate. This is an insult to the sacrifices and trust that the public has invested in to attempts to limit the damage to the country. We have worked for the common good. It's overdue for him, a public servant, to be completely removed from our payroll. "

Agreed and well said

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not until the Daily Heil turns against him"

Already happening. Read the comments on their lead story. People are pissed ovf

"Not until the Daily Heil turns against him

Already happening. Read the comments on their lead story. People are pissed ovf"

The best part is Cummings will not step down and the other shit is too scared to sack him. Total joke of a goverment

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

The things is when you are in these positions of responsibility and advising others on what they should and should not be doing, you have to be above reproach.

Just seen him outside his house and had the nerve to point out to reporters that they were breaking the 2mtr rule...talk about hypocrisy

Dominic Cummings: Broke the rules (however I’ll advised it may have been) to help care for the welfare of his toddler

All I'll say is at around that time is the north east and yorkshire had very few cases..."

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

No way but would like to know Cummings has on BoJo..

I am tempted to put a complaint into the Police Complaints Aauthority against Durham and the Met Police. Bear in mind BoJo was discharged from St Thomas Hospital and picked up his lady friend and was driven approx 40 miles. When 10 Downing St is less than a mile from the hospital.

That shows that both men (I use the term losely) have no respect for anyone but themshelves

The sooner that they dealt with the better.

Press seem to have their knives out and some Tory back benchers are beginning to ask questions about the power Cummings has.

North Bucks

"Just seen him outside his house and had the nerve to point out to reporters that they were breaking the 2mtr rule...talk about hypocrisy "

the brass neck.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Just seen him outside his house and had the nerve to point out to reporters that they were breaking the 2mtr rule...talk about hypocrisy "

And talk about the hypocricy of the Reporters too. Can't argue one rule for one and not for others . . . or can we if it suits?

"Just seen him outside his house and had the nerve to point out to reporters that they were breaking the 2mtr rule...talk about hypocrisy

And talk about the hypocricy of the Reporters too. Can't argue one rule for one and not for others . . . or can we if it suits?"

Well they couldn't have infected him though eh...

"Just seen him outside his house and had the nerve to point out to reporters that they were breaking the 2mtr rule...talk about hypocrisy

And talk about the hypocricy of the Reporters too. Can't argue one rule for one and not for others . . . or can we if it suits?

Well they couldn't have infected him though eh..."

Why couldn't they - the research says that they don't know if anyone can be re-infected - plus they could all be infectiing each other.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Why does anyone expect anything different from politicians, they don't care about anyone but themselves.

They lie, the cheat the rules they have made and impose on us, and the poor police are powerless to do anything.

Any young Durham cop that gave him a ticket would have been either fired on the spot, hounded from the force, or never promoted and spend 35 yrs pounding the durham streets.

Politicians control the cops, the bent chief constables want to be Sir Chief constable and even the decent straight ones know that they rely on the government for funding, so don't rock the boat.

Why couldn't they - the research says that they don't know if anyone can be re-infected - plus they could all be infectiing each other."

Well your doing the same deflecting job that he done on the reporters eh.

They were there to question him about breaking lockdown rules/laws. Keep it up eh

Why couldn't they - the research says that they don't know if anyone can be re-infected - plus they could all be infectiing each other.

They were there to question him about breaking lockdown rules/laws. Keep it up eh "

In what way?

They were there to question him about breaking lockdown rules/laws. Keep it up eh

In what way?"

Deflection

In what way?

Deflection"

You siad Cummings was hypocritical telling reporters that they were closer than two meters.

I said the reporters are being hypocritical calling out someone while being at less than two meters themselves. If that's deflection - cool by me.

The point is still as salient.

"The things is when you are in these positions of responsibility and advising others on what they should and should not be doing, you have to be above reproach. "

True. If only they were. However it appears to me to be the usual case of "do as I SAY! And not "do as I DO!"

Bollocks

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

I bet he didn't see that one cumin

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

That would only be used in mitigation once he'd admitted his guilt to the absolute liability offence!

In what way?

Deflection

You siad Cummings was hypocritical telling reporters that they were closer than two meters.

I said the reporters are being hypocritical calling out someone while being at less than two meters themselves. If that's deflection - cool by me.

The point is still as salient."

Ok maybe I should have said deflecting instead of hypocrisy

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 17:08:36]

edinburgh

Bollocks"

Perhaps it would hold you in good stead to act like a fully grown adult as opposed to the petulant teenager you’ve appeared with this remark.

You’re obviously not able to construct a valid counter to add anything to the discussion so you resort playground insults. You’ve lost any credibility you may have had in one fell swoop.

If he broke the law . Then lots of us are just as guilty . He should leave as he did preach To us about it

If he broke the law . Then lots of us are just as guilty . He should leave as he did preach To us about it

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

How board you lot must be...

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 17:53:20]

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

And I would like to think any parent would have done the same

Totally agree, outrageous that ordinary people are fined for very minor instances of acting against the rules, often with no logical basis, if public figures like Cummings get off with no action taken.

narnia

And I would like to think any parent would have done the same "

The concerned father spin is nonsense. He had no symptoms when they left London, they have other family in London (wife's sister) and when the went to the second home the child stayed with them, not with family. Its quite simple, the wife got ill and they knew they would have to isolate for 2 weeks no matter what and they decided up north would be more pleasant than London, any other spin is just that spin. He broke the rules that he helped to craft, he's been caught and he has to go.

Glasgow

The concerned father spin is nonsense. He had no symptoms when they left London, they have other family in London (wife's sister) and when the went to the second home the child stayed with them, not with family. Its quite simple, the wife got ill and they knew they would have to isolate for 2 weeks no matter what and they decided up north would be more pleasant than London, any other spin is just that spin. He broke the rules that he helped to craft, he's been caught and he has to go. "

"Totally agree, outrageous that ordinary people are fined for very minor instances of acting against the rules, often with no logical basis, if public figures like Cummings get off with no action taken."

Hey it's at the same time when the police would roll up at the Range and check to seeiif you had bought "essential shopping" and if you had a tin of paint they were issuing on the spot fines...so damn right he should be brought to book bu the law.

And he should have been sacked as soon as this came to light.

By *0 Shades of RedCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Boris does not have the balls to sack him !!! Will be happy to be proved wrong

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Boris does not have the balls to sack him !!! Will be happy to be proved wrong"

Cummings has something on Johnson that the so-called PM is shit-scared of, so in a way you’re dead right.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Bollocks

Perhaps it would hold you in good stead to act like a fully grown adult as opposed to the petulant teenager you’ve appeared with this remark.

You’re obviously not able to construct a valid counter to add anything to the discussion so you resort playground insults. You’ve lost any credibility you may have had in one fell swoop. "

Bollocks

He was seen out on 2 occasions whilst supposedly self isolating. Once in a village 30 miles from parents house. He then returned to work in london before being spotted a 3rd time a few days later back up north out walking with wife and child.

Now tell me this wasnt worse than what the other 2 did. Oh and they both apologised before resigning due to the fact that they didnt follow govt rules. Cummings needs to go....he thinks he is bigger than govt and can do as he pleases by stretching the rules to suit himself. Yes many will also be doing it but he should be setting an example for rules he helped to create and that's the difference.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Remember that DC is a man with almost infinite power in the government. He sacked senior advisors of the previous Chancellor of the Exchequer, against the wishes of the chancellor. He forced the resignation of the chancellor himself - one of the great offices of state, the PM himself cannot dismiss a chancellor who does not want to go. No minister is allowed to employ any staff without the permission of DC. He can appoint himself onto any committee he desires. It is obvious that Cummings is not serving Johnson, instead Johnson is a puppet who is owned by Cummings.

DC knows where the bodies are buried. The government are forced to lie on his behalf, they dare not turn against him or the truth will come out. It's not going to be just embarrassing little prersonal secrets either - if Cummings gets sacked then I would have no surprise at half the cabinet ending up in jail...

As a nation, we are looking a complete joke over this. This government have nothing but contempt for the people.

You can only hope this helps the scales fall from a to t of people's eyes as to what Boris and co, are really like.

By *i in BedfordMan  over a year ago

South east

Both he and his wife were sick and took their theee year old son to his parents so he would be safe. It's easy to condemn but how many people would have done exactly the same thing in his situation to protect someone they love? I'm speaking as someone who is on the front line and been living at work for the past month to protect the people I care about at home from the people I am helping to get through this at work

"Both he and his wife were sick and took their theee year old son to his parents so he would be safe. It's easy to condemn but how many people would have done exactly the same thing in his situation to protect someone they love? I'm speaking as someone who is on the front line and been living at work for the past month to protect the people I care about at home from the people I am helping to get through this at work"

He has relatives in London. He made another trip. It was his mother's birthday...

But you can continue to kid yourself that this lot give a shit..

Bollocks

You’re obviously not able to construct a valid counter to add anything to the discussion so you resort playground insults. You’ve lost any credibility you may have had in one fell swoop.

Bollocks

He was seen out on 2 occasions whilst supposedly self isolating. Once in a village 30 miles from parents house. He then returned to work in london before being spotted a 3rd time a few days later back up north out walking with wife and child.

Now tell me this wasnt worse than what the other 2 did. Oh and they both apologised before resigning due to the fact that they didnt follow govt rules. Cummings needs to go....he thinks he is bigger than govt and can do as he pleases by stretching the rules to suit himself. Yes many will also be doing it but he should be setting an example for rules he helped to create and that's the difference."

Steve Baker...I think that's his name.

Anyhow he's just been on the BBC saying Cummings has to go.

He will be on sky in 5 minutes saying the same.

The cards are toppling

Watching the Marr show and the journalist who broke the story.

North Bucks

He’s going to step down in name only to placate the “herd”.

And once everybody feels better about it up he will pop.

And repeat as it ever was.

North Bucks

"He’s going to step down in name only to placate the “herd”.

And once everybody feels better about it up he will pop.

And repeat as it ever was. "

*pop up

By *hristopher TracyMan  over a year ago

Merthyr

He will never sack him, that’s the equivalent of Emu pulling Rod Hull’s hand out of his arse & sacking him.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Then thousands of parents have been negligent and done the wrong thing.

Thousands of people should have criss-crossed the country to stay with vulnerable parents in case they suspected that they had the virus and needed childcare. In fact if they were certain that they had the virus then they should definitely have made a long trip.

Cummings should stay because none of the advice that he has formulated should be followed if you think that you shouldn't follow it.

Impeccable logic

"Totally agree, outrageous that ordinary people are fined for very minor instances of acting against the rules, often with no logical basis, if public figures like Cummings get off with no action taken.

Hey it's at the same time when the police would roll up at the Range and check to seeiif you had bought "essential shopping" and if you had a tin of paint they were issuing on the spot fines...so damn right he should be brought to book bu the law.

And he should have been sacked as soon as this came to light. "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Shapps had a nightmare on sophy ridge... even worse when she put out the questions she would ask on Twitter last night as so they could get there facts straight

True to her word she asked every single one

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

It is fun watching the lefties getting their pitch forks at the ready and their panties in a knot ... It’ll all be forgotten in a couple of days when the kids will be back at school. The press have not got time too keep this running they need to keep on their scaremongering keeping the cowards compliant.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I'm afraid we don't all have lovely alternative accommodation. Many parents when getting sick, make local arrangements on a daily basis. He is an overprivilaged, entitled man. The powerful sadly think they are better than the rest of us.

Cummings is what the Dung beetle pushes about

I'm afraid we don't all have lovely alternative accommodation. Many parents when getting sick, make local arrangements on a daily basis. He is an overprivilaged, entitled man. The powerful sadly think they are better than the rest of us."

Yep while he was on his holly's all around the north east spreading the virus...some parents were banged up in tower blocks.

Certainly one law for him and another for the oiks eh...

Jolly's not holly's*

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

"It is fun watching the lefties getting their pitch forks at the ready and their panties in a knot ... It’ll all be forgotten in a couple of days when the kids will be back at school. The press have not got time too keep this running they need to keep on their scaremongering keeping the cowards compliant. "

Interesting.... I wonder what you were doing whilst the individual who helped create the slogan stay at home, was doing exactly what he wanted?

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

13th April - Bernard Castle

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

The matter has nothing to do with political ideology it has everything to do with leadership and doing the right thing.

Total media bollocks , just another witch hunt from the media . Nice to see all the photographers crowding him keeping distance from each other

"It is fun watching the lefties getting their pitch forks at the ready and their panties in a knot ... It’ll all be forgotten in a couple of days when the kids will be back at school. The press have not got time too keep this running they need to keep on their scaremongering keeping the cowards compliant.

Interesting.... I wonder what you were doing whilst the individual who helped create the slogan stay at home, was doing exactly what he wanted?

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

The matter has nothing to do with political ideology it has everything to do with leadership and doing the right thing."

Wheres Bernard Castle ?

West London

"It is fun watching the lefties getting their pitch forks at the ready and their panties in a knot ... It’ll all be forgotten in a couple of days when the kids will be back at school. The press have not got time too keep this running they need to keep on their scaremongering keeping the cowards compliant. "

Ah yes, this Covid-19 thing is being blown out of proportion.

It's probably not a significant risk for you so that's what matters.

I may do little bit of research into the matter. Why do some people have a lack empathy and compassion and, in fact, enjoy other people being distressed or upset by seeing others act callously.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

It's not his fault his parents home has a safe place to isolate.

In his position (IF it is all true) I would probably have done the same, my child would be my primary concern.

I do wonder whether this is a political story as there are much more important things going on

"It is fun watching the lefties getting their pitch forks at the ready and their panties in a knot ... It’ll all be forgotten in a couple of days when the kids will be back at school. The press have not got time too keep this running they need to keep on their scaremongering keeping the cowards compliant.

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

The matter has nothing to do with political ideology it has everything to do with leadership and doing the right thing.

Wheres Bernard Castle ?"

Across the A66...you should know being just up the road from it.

"He will never sack him, that’s the equivalent of Emu pulling Rod Hull’s hand out of his arse & sacking him. "

Love the analogy. I'll be watching Bojo's arse from now on.

Grant Shaps is out of his depth...but he knows where the A66 is

"He will never sack him, that’s the equivalent of Emu pulling Rod Hull’s hand out of his arse & sacking him.

Love the analogy. I'll be watching Bojo's arse from now on. "

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

Wheres Bernard Castle ?

Across the A66...you should know being just up the road from it."

Really Bernard Castle are you sure

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Watching Andrew Marr...this Government are such a bunch of liars. Laughable performance by the transport secretary

Sale

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

Wheres Bernard Castle ?

Really Bernard Castle are you sure "

Correction with apologies - Barnard Castle

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

Wheres Bernard Castle ?

Really Bernard Castle are you sure "

Ah ok one letter out ...but late last night on BBC news it was getting called Castle Barnard

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

Wheres Bernard Castle ?

Correction with apologies - Barnard Castle"

"Watching Andrew Marr...this Government are such a bunch of liars. Laughable performance by the transport secretary "

I've giggled a bit. He did try to turn it back to his expertise of transport... But right now Marr has told him "we've run out of time"

Glasgow

"It's not his fault his parents home has a safe place to isolate.

In his position (IF it is all true) I would probably have done the same, my child would be my primary concern.

I do wonder whether this is a political story as there are much more important things going on

"

I may well have done the same thing, but taken the consequences if found out.

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Watching Andrew Marr...this Government are such a bunch of liars. Laughable performance by the transport secretary "

Felt sooooooo sorry for the poor guy, he didn't stand a chance did he

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

All I'll say is at around that time is the north east and yorkshire had very few cases..."

On the first occasion Newcastle had the first death and the RVI hospital the first ward specifically dealing with C19.

However, it is alleged he did the trip again, 3 weeks later,when as you say London was hit badly and the north east had much less infection

By *aughtyloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

"

Best quote on this thread so far some of the other reading is laughable

"

Hmmmm wonder how the people living in the area feel about folks bringing coronavirus to their doorstep

West London

"Total media bollocks , just another witch hunt from the media . Nice to see all the photographers crowding him keeping distance from each other "

This begs a few questions:

Is it "bollocks" that he drove several hundred miles to stay with his vulnerable parents whilst members of his family were ill? It's all a lie? Are his other trips also "bollocks"?

Is it "bollocks" that he should abide by the rules that he created and that the rest of us must follow?

Is Covid-19 "bollocks"?

Why are you defending his actions at all?

All I'll say is at around that time is the north east and yorkshire had very few cases...

On the first occasion Newcastle had the first death and the RVI hospital the first ward specifically dealing with C19.

However, it is alleged he did the trip again, 3 weeks later,when as you say London was hit badly and the north east had much less infection "

Indeed and out of all the points...this is one that needs looking into as his actions could well have caused needless loss of lives up here.

Hmmmm wonder how the people living in the area feel about folks bringing coronavirus to their doorstep "

Not good and it needs a thorough investigation.

Newcastle and Gateshead

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

Wheres Bernard Castle ?

Correction with apologies - Barnard Castle"

Add potentially may 10th - Durham to that list

West London

I may well have done the same thing, but taken the consequences if found out."

What if the "consequences" were other people being infected?

How do you "take" those consequences?

That is the point in this virus and people's reactions to it.

Hull

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 10:28:21]

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Maybe Boris won't sack him because he gave Cummings the virus and he feels bad about it?

Only kidding. It's because he's gutless.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

The instructions are not to leave your home if you or someone in your house have the virus “under any circumstances”, unless there is “an extreme risk to life”.

Does anyone honestly think there was an extreme risk to life in this case that could only be solved by travelling to Durham?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

DC once in Durham should have stayed there if childcare issues are the case, why did he come back to London and flit back n forth. Durham has Wifi.

He still could have been viral after his 14 days there and probably was.

Transport Sec, doesn't seem to know alot about transport.

He didn't communicate with DC.

It's a principle thing. Alot of people have sacrificed alot over recent months.

Alot of elderly folk have passed away before their time. Maybe he doesn't care about them.

Glasgow

That is the point in this virus and people's reactions to it."

Sorry I meant the legal consequences, but I was only using the analogy to reflect the poster's view re Cummings.

We might understand his reasons (if true) for making the trip, but the fact remains that is only a mitigation, the journey was still unlawful.

"The instructions are not to leave your home if you or someone in your house have the virus “under any circumstances”, unless there is “an extreme risk to life”.

Does anyone honestly think there was an extreme risk to life in this case that could only be solved by travelling to Durham? "

What baffles me is he's banged to rights. This thread should not even be here today as in normal times he would be gone.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I'm not politically biased btw.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Maybe Boris won't sack him because he gave Cummings the virus and he feels bad about it?

Only kidding. It's because he's gutless."

It’s because Cummings has got a tight grip on Johnson’s microscopic balls. If he goes, a lot will come out that the government don’t want us to know about.

"I'm not politically biased btw.

"

You dont have to be as this is about law breaking.

Well Steve Baker's tweets piss all over the theory that this is a left vs right or a revenge of the remainers plot dont they...

Sale

You dont have to be as this is about law breaking."

And leadership by setting an example....

"To the 14,000 people charged between £60 - £100 by the Police for lockdown offences - ask for a refund.

Totally agree "

They were actually breaking the law as is, and should pay accordingly, but He shouldn't be let off, and should be fined accordingly out his own pocket.

You dont have to be as this is about law breaking."

Some posters are trying to deflect this onto political bias. Those few Tory supporters are stating it's just lefties who want him gone. I just want those in the public eye, flouting the rules, to all pay the same consequences, irregardless of reason (even a tenuous one).

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

That is the point in this virus and people's reactions to it."

In theory he got in a car and drove with people he was living with, assuming he didn't stop for petrol then there is no risk.

In reality he probably did stop with a small child on board. The risks were probably to his parents and I assume he discussed this with them beforehand.

Some posters are trying to deflect this onto political bias. Those few Tory supporters are stating it's just lefties who want him gone. I just want those in the public eye, flouting the rules, to all pay the same consequences, irregardless of reason (even a tenuous one). "

And that's resignation or given the chop.

"Totally agree, outrageous that ordinary people are fined for very minor instances of acting against the rules, often with no logical basis, if public figures like Cummings get off with no action taken.

And he should have been sacked as soon as this came to light. "

If you fell foul of this nonsense then challenge it. Most of the fines issued have now been declared to be not valid as Mr Plod were making up their own rules and interpretation.

One senior officer stated that it was OK to buy "essential" fence paint...but not kitchen emulsion. You couldn't make it up.

But back to main point. His sister was in Durham. Her sister in London so he has no valid defence.... sooner this idiot hoes, the better for everyone. But not sure he will!

West London

Sorry I meant the legal consequences, but I was only using the analogy to reflect the poster's view re Cummings.

We might understand his reasons (if true) for making the trip, but the fact remains that is only a mitigation, the journey was still unlawful. "

There are no legal consequences for him it seems.

The more important consequences are moral here;

Police have been undercut in their ability to enforce any lockdown regulations when its architect ignores them.

As the strategy for living with this virus are developed it will now be much harder to deploy as the government's authority has been eroded.

Trust in democratic institutions is further eroded. This time from those who were "taking back control" from "corrupt", "unaccountable", "unelected bureaucrats".

The consequences of this are far broader than those that you as a private citizen, although even then the overall consequences are wider than just legal.

I do understand that you were only commenting on a narrow point though.

*goes......Freudian typo?

In theory he got in a car and drove with people he was living with, assuming he didn't stop for petrol then there is no risk.

In reality he probably did stop with a small child on board. The risks were probably to his parents and I assume he discussed this with them beforehand."

The rules were stay at home. They were the rules he likely had a say in drafting. Arguing the minimal risk is not the point here, if everyone had taken Cummings approach no fucker would have stayed at home which is exactly why the rules were so direct!

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Hexham

Get shot ,ino ifs no buts no questions.

West London

In reality he probably did stop with a small child on board. The risks were probably to his parents and I assume he discussed this with them beforehand."

I wrote this earlier:

"Then thousands of parents have been negligent and done the wrong thing.

Thousands of people should have criss-crossed the country to stay with vulnerable parents in case they suspected that they had the virus and needed childcare. In fact if they were certain that they had the virus then they should definitely have made a long trip.

Cummings should stay because none of the advice that he has formulated should be followed if you think that you shouldn't follow it.

Impeccable logic "

And the risk therefore, of spreading the virus further from their cluster in cabinet further into the community at large

Glasgow

".

There are no legal consequences for him it seems.

The more important consequences are moral here;

Police have been undercut in their ability to enforce any lockdown regulations when its architect ignores them.

As the strategy for living with this virus are developed it will now be much harder to deploy as the government's authority has been eroded.

Trust in democratic institutions is further eroded. This time from those who were "taking back control" from "corrupt", "unaccountable", "unelected bureaucrats".

The consequences of this are far broader than those that you as a private citizen, although even then the overall consequences are wider than just legal.

I do understand that you were only commenting on a narrow point though. "

I don't disagree but my point is his actions can be tested purely from a legal perspective as a baseline. What he did was commit an absolute liability offence, he made a trip which was outside the guidelines.

This, even his supporters cannot dispute, whereas moral, social, political consequences they'll argue until the cows come home.

Bottom line, if it was all above board, say so at the time. These people can make statements any time they want. They covered it up, why? This is where transparency stops you looking untrustworthy. If they had stated why at the time, it would have been a non story.

Sale

In reality he probably did stop with a small child on board. The risks were probably to his parents and I assume he discussed this with them beforehand.

I wrote this earlier:

Impeccable logic ""

Or perhaps to put it another way ..... is the Cummings story just a way to ease lockdown by other means?

Surely you do not believe that?

Seriously, you think this garbage is his actual reason.

Come on.

"Bottom line, if it was all above board, say so at the time. These people can make statements any time they want. They covered it up, why? This is where transparency stops you looking untrustworthy. If they had stated why at the time, it would have been a non story."

It does not matter Why.

He travelled hundreds of.miles multiple times.

Sack him and the rest.

North Bucks

Why hadn’t he been prosecuted if he broke the law?

Seems Durham Constabulary are not toeing the government line on his story so would surely take action if he broke the law?

I wrote this earlier:

Impeccable logic "

Or perhaps to put it another way ..... is the Cummings story just a way to ease lockdown by other means?"

Very perceptive.

I reckon the majority of people are being too cautious and afraid to go out. There's another news story this morning about vaccine testing not being possible/ as effective if the transmission rate has dropped.......

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Like it or not the first trip with the kid has been argued and put to bed, unless the mirror can provide their 'anonymous source' the rest of it is left wing political guff, entertaining butt guff. Move on.....

Hull

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 11:24:16]

Some posters are trying to deflect this onto political bias. Those few Tory supporters are stating it's just lefties who want him gone. I just want those in the public eye, flouting the rules, to all pay the same consequences, irregardless of reason (even a tenuous one).

And that's resignation or given the chop. "

Well by the looks of it...boris cant give him the chop until Cummings tells him to...so it boils down to the same thing.

And yeah Boris has no balls..

Sale

"Why hadn’t he been prosecuted if he broke the law?

Seems Durham Constabulary are not toeing the government line on his story so would surely take action if he broke the law? "

Prosecution may well yet happen, but in the meantime, the act of breaking his own guidelines is being judged by the court of the general public, which in these current times is the only one that matters. The example he set is deplorable and therefore his position of authority and leadership needs the most rigorous scrutiny and challenge.

West London

I wrote this earlier:

Impeccable logic "

Or perhaps to put it another way ..... is the Cummings story just a way to ease lockdown by other means?

Very perceptive.

I reckon the majority of people are being too cautious and afraid to go out. There's another news story this morning about vaccine testing not being possible/ as effective if the transmission rate has dropped......."

"People" are being "too cautious" by following government advice?

What is your advice to the population and informed by whom?

"Like it or not the first trip with the kid has been argued and put to bed, unless the mirror can provide their 'anonymous source' the rest of it is left wing political guff, entertaining butt guff. Move on..... "

You wish....and was that butt a freudian slip

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Like it or not the first trip with the kid has been argued and put to bed"

It really hasn't.

"Like it or not the first trip with the kid has been argued and put to bed, unless the mirror can provide their 'anonymous source' the rest of it is left wing political guff, entertaining butt guff. Move on..... "

Bollocks is it.

Sale

Assume you mean move on to the next date:

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

13th April - Barnard Castle

14th April - London

19th April - Durham

"Like it or not the first trip with the kid has been argued and put to bed, unless the mirror can provide their 'anonymous source' the rest of it is left wing political guff, entertaining butt guff. Move on.....

You wish....and was that butt a freudian slip "

Butt guff must surely mean fart.

West London

I wrote this earlier. Please out this "to bed"

Impeccable logic "

Why should Cummings be able to behave differently to everyone else? Why are you supporting him?

"Like it or not the first trip with the kid has been argued and put to bed, unless the mirror can provide their 'anonymous source' the rest of it is left wing political guff, entertaining butt guff. Move on.....

You wish....and was that butt a freudian slip

Butt guff must surely mean fart. "

A wet one at that

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

No it hasn't, fact is the rules were and still are that if one person in a household is positive then stay home, isolate etc..

I get that thinking ahead for if and when the second adult would be positive and look for support etc is what the vast majority of people in the same situation have done..

It does not allow to travel two hundred plus miles does it?

His sister in law lives in London so the very fact that they went to Durham where they didn't have their child looked after by anyone else is just a piss take, irresponsible and against the guidance and law he full well knew was there..

Blackpool

Are them dates proven evidence, Or did you get them dates from Kevin Maguires twitter feed on a printed tee shirt, there's a big difference

And that's resignation or given the chop.

Well by the looks of it...boris cant give him the chop until Cummings tells him to...so it boils down to the same thing.

And yeah Boris has no balls.. "

My impression of this current administration is that they don't do anything that needs doing until they see which way the wind is blowing first, reactionary instead of being proactive.

I wouldn't include Rishi Sunak in that though, he's impressed I have to say.

"Are them dates proven evidence, Or did you get them dates from Kevin Maguires twitter feed on a printed tee shirt, there's a big difference "

Subsequent dates are irrelevant. Proving them simply indicates the rules don't apply to him.

in Lancashire

"Are them dates proven evidence, Or did you get them dates from Kevin Maguires twitter feed on a printed tee shirt, there's a big difference "

They've admitted what he did and spun it around a lie about child care, that people are happy to swallow that is to their own lack of judgement..

Had you or I done similar do you think we would be right or wrong as per the guidelines?

Thousands of other people have been fined for breaching the law on this, why are people happy to accept hypocrisy and double standards?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Bottom line, if it was all above board, say so at the time. These people can make statements any time they want. They covered it up, why? This is where transparency stops you looking untrustworthy. If they had stated why at the time, it would have been a non story.

It does not matter Why.

Sack him and the rest."

sack him and the rest??? who gona run the country if there all sacked?

Great so if we had all discussed it with our parents we could have all met up during lockdown?

Anyone want a meet it’s possible everything will be ok, whose first?

Blackpool

The woman at the train station who got arrested and prosecuted at the beginning of all this , had the case overturned and thrown out, there's no law called the corona virus act, maybe folks should look into the matter. Unless they where arrested for breach of the peace.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 11:54:06]

"Bottom line, if it was all above board, say so at the time. These people can make statements any time they want. They covered it up, why? This is where transparency stops you looking untrustworthy. If they had stated why at the time, it would have been a non story.

It does not matter Why.

Sack him and the rest.

sack him and the rest??? who gona run the country if there all sacked?"

I think us fabbers couldn't do a worse job then these incompetent fools.

"The woman at the train station who got arrested and prosecuted at the beginning of all this , had the case overturned and thrown out, there's no law called the corona virus act, maybe folks should look into the matter. Unless they where arrested for breach of the peace. "

There is.

Newcastle and Gateshead

do you really think the mirror and the guardian/observer would put out story 1 and wait for the govt to in effect hang their colours to the mast of DC if they could prove story 2?

really?.....

and i am willing to bet with the way the mirror journo was talking is that story 3 is on tap... and they can prove the 10th may sightings of DC in Durham as well.....

I wrote this earlier:

Impeccable logic "

Very perceptive.

I reckon the majority of people are being too cautious and afraid to go out. There's another news story this morning about vaccine testing not being possible/ as effective if the transmission rate has dropped.......

"People" are being "too cautious" by following government advice?

What is your advice to the population and informed by whom?"

I mean as the lockdown rules are eased.

"The woman at the train station who got arrested and prosecuted at the beginning of all this , had the case overturned and thrown out, there's no law called the corona virus act, maybe folks should look into the matter. Unless they where arrested for breach of the peace.

There is."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-act-2020-status

"The woman at the train station who got arrested and prosecuted at the beginning of all this , had the case overturned and thrown out, there's no law called the corona virus act, maybe folks should look into the matter. Unless they where arrested for breach of the peace. "

Hey let's put this in prospective.

He advised/made these rules

All the slogans were his

People could not even go to see dying relatives due to above.

And the biggest question is did he spread this around the North East and Yorkshire....where there was very few cases before he travelled up and down the country spreading the virus about on jolly's.

Newcastle and Gateshead

well the "barnard castle" incident would be easy to prove... all you would really need to do is ask for an FOI request for CCTV of where the car was alledged to have been.... and the ANPR would do the rest...

in Lancashire

do you really think the mirror and the guardian/observer would put out story 1 and wait for the govt to in effect hang their colours to the mast of DC if they could prove story 2?

really?.....

and i am willing to bet with the way the mirror journo was talking is that story 3 is on tap... and they can prove the 10th may sightings of DC in Durham as well.....

"

Which would explain the silence from the senior tories today as opposed to yesterday, shapp saying he was 'unaware'..

Blackpool

The ball is in the mirror's court, if they had a nuke, this morning they had a National audience to drop it, they didn't... If they had the evidence they could have nuked Cummings this morning.

"The ball is in the mirror's court, if they had a nuke, this morning they had a National audience to drop it, they didn't... If they had the evidence they could have nuked Cummings this morning. "

It's not needed. He admitted the journey, his version of events leading up to supposed isolation in Durham.

Blackpool

Were talking about the mirror hit job, keep up.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

It looks certain that he broke the rules on several occasions and he should face due process of the law like every other person the broke the rules. He is hypocritical for sure though I doubt that's against the law. If he does not resign Boris should sack him. Also all those that have been caught breaking the rules several times should be sacked by their employers.

Looks like the journalist's outside his house still have not heard of social distancing - that's 2 days in a row now

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Were talking about the mirror hit job, keep up. "

how can it be a hit job if the man who helped design and decide the slogan can't abide by the slogan!

how many chances are we suppose to give cummings?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

He will go nowhere...Boris loves him ...strange Boris not around when shit hits fan

"Were talking about the mirror hit job, keep up. "

No, you are. Keep up

Oh dear, This one managed to reach the Sunday Funnies too?

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

jersey

Corvid hasnt killed the people off and destroyed the uk economy the business loss job losses and the biggest recession ...polotics has.....a virus cannot spread unless you let it spread ....and thats what they let happen....they never acted at the beginning end of story

Blackpool

Love him or hate him, Cummings is a strategic genius, who was the architect behind getting Brexit Done and a current 80 seat majority. and the left can't hack it.

borehamwood

"Were talking about the mirror hit job, keep up.

how can it be a hit job if the man who helped design and decide the slogan can't abide by the slogan!

"

your not giving him any chances well unless you are in charge of hiring and firing in conservative party.all partys look after there own.how many did tony blair sack then bring back in another job lol.fact of the matter they all look after there own.be they blue red or yellow.he will get sacked if and when the torys decide to.no amoubt of chest beating by the general public will make a bit of difference

Hate to break it to some of those on this thread but an increasing number of tory MPs are calling for his resignation too now.

Newcastle and Gateshead

your not giving him any chances well unless you are in charge of hiring and firing in conservative party.all partys look after there own.how many did tony blair sack then bring back in another job lol.fact of the matter they all look after there own.be they blue red or yellow.he will get sacked if and when the torys decide to.no amoubt of chest beating by the general public will make a bit of difference"

actually i think this could have been salvaged!...

if he has said something along the lines of "yes i was afraid for my family and i panicked, and i know it was the wrong thing to do"... they i think people could have sympathised

but no contriction, no regret or apology and the Good dad line made it a lot worse....

and for the govt and ministers to back his good dad line made it a lot worse.... how dare they!!!

there could be been so sympathy out there if it had been a one time incident....

but then incident 2.... and a possible incident 3..... what are the excuses for those?

any goodwill earnt is loss....

I don't like the man but am v angry with the media for concentrating on tnis single topic for so long. Sloppy and easy journalism which they know will go down well with the masses....

Glasgow

"I don't like the man but am v angry with the media for concentrating on tnis single topic for so long. Sloppy and easy journalism which they know will go down well with the masses...."

It's being concentrated on because the government have failed to deal with it!

"I don't like the man but am v angry with the media for concentrating on tnis single topic for so long. Sloppy and easy journalism which they know will go down well with the masses...."

Yes if he had done the decent thing and resigned when this came to light...they could have moved on. But there is nothing decent about Cummings it seems.

North Bucks

Would love to be a fly on the wall today. Boris really has no choice but to pull the trigger on his beloved big daddy Cum Cum.

"Would love to be a fly on the wall today. Boris really has no choice but to pull the trigger on his beloved big daddy Cum Cum. "

Are the buses back running in london

But I doubt he has the balls

"Johnson can't sack Cummings because Cummings' wife (Mary Wakefield) is the Spectator magazine's commissioning editor who will tell all about a d*unken Johnson waving his willy at her before she married Cummings.

Meanwhile Harry Cole, the guy who does the desperate smearing of Starmer in the Daily Mail to support Johnson, is Carrie Symond's ex.

We're not living in 1984 or the Handmaid's tale. We're living in a fifth form end of year disco."

If they see opinion polls start to show damage, he will go.

The great britsh media will have there way and he'll go .they've been trying for a while

We are fed half truths all the time and act like we have all the answers.

Personally my children will always come first..

North Bucks

Apparently he is at Downing Street. Moves afoot.

"I don't like the man but am v angry with the media for concentrating on tnis single topic for so long. Sloppy and easy journalism which they know will go down well with the masses....

Yes if he had done the decent thing and resigned when this came to light...they could have moved on. But there is nothing decent about Cummings it seems."

I think he should resign or be sacked not because of what he has or has not done but because the story has deflected what HM Government should be concentrating on..

"I don't like the man but am v angry with the media for concentrating on tnis single topic for so long. Sloppy and easy journalism which they know will go down well with the masses....

Yes if he had done the decent thing and resigned when this came to light...they could have moved on. But there is nothing decent about Cummings it seems.

I think he should resign or be sacked not because of what he has or has not done but because the story has deflected what HM Government should be concentrating on.."

Hey I live in the north east and I think he has a lot to answer for....mainly death on his hands. If it was you or me they would have thrown the keys away for doing what he did up here..

"The great britsh media will have there way and he'll go .they've been trying for a while

We are fed half truths all the time and act like we have all the answers.

Personally my children will always come first.. "

You children may well do. Difference is, you probably would of got fined. He never would.

borehamwood

your not giving him any chances well unless you are in charge of hiring and firing in conservative party.all partys look after there own.how many did tony blair sack then bring back in another job lol.fact of the matter they all look after there own.be they blue red or yellow.he will get sacked if and when the torys decide to.no amoubt of chest beating by the general public will make a bit of difference

actually i think this could have been salvaged!...

if he has said something along the lines of "yes i was afraid for my family and i panicked, and i know it was the wrong thing to do"... they i think people could have sympathised

but no contriction, no regret or apology and the Good dad line made it a lot worse....

and for the govt and ministers to back his good dad line made it a lot worse.... how dare they!!!

there could be been so sympathy out there if it had been a one time incident....

but then incident 2.... and a possible incident 3..... what are the excuses for those

any goodwill earnt is loss...."

its a goverment i dont think they care about goodwill.fact is only the torys can sack him.all i see on here are labour supporters frothing at the mouth anf hetting wound up.concentrate on ys own lives you will be happier and calmer for it.personaly think the bloke is a cock.but hey im not his employer so what i think matters not a jot

I think you should have a serious look at what you are getting angry at. I think you are getting angry at the wrong things/people....

"

its a goverment i dont think they care about goodwill.fact is only the torys can sack him.all i see on here are labour supporters frothing at the mouth anf hetting wound up.concentrate on ys own lives you will be happier and calmer for it.personaly think the bloke is a cock.but hey im not his employer so what i think matters not a jot"

I live up in the northeast...and I give a fuck because of that.

It's got fuck all to do with which party you support...as I said he came up here on a jolly spreading the infection.

That is the thing he needs to answer to after he goes today!

in Lancashire

Maybe if people directed their anger at someone who travelled hundreds of miles with his positive coronavirus wife for no reason that couldn't have happened at home..

It's easier to shoot the messenger it seems..

"

Maybe if people directed their anger at someone who travelled hundreds of miles with his positive coronavirus wife for no reason that couldn't have happened at home..

It's easier to shoot the messenger it seems.. "

I just hope he pays for what he did...the job will be gone I would today I should think.

But there should be a proper police investigation into what level he spread this up here.