FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Wondering

Wondering

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *osweet69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Is fabs policy of not condoning physical meets still relevant considering the government has said we can now meet people socially albeit in a controlled manner? .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I imagine it will change once we enter level 3, checkout Guernsey as they are in level 3 now and can have people in their houses, that was on a bbc news interview this morning

portsmouth

"I imagine it will change once we enter level 3, checkout Guernsey as they are in level 3 now and can have people in their houses, that was on a bbc news interview this morning "
"No one should be arranging physical meets at this moment. This will be treated as a breach of Fab Terms of Service at this time." Why is it a breach of fab terms of service to meet at this but its not against the law of the land at this time? Come on fab up date your policy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance....

Maybe a mod could comment?

portsmouth

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance...."
I'm not saying it the government is and this is my point. If we were to ask to meet someone on fab we would get a ban but by law we are not doing anything wrong.

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance....I'm not saying it the government is and this is my point. If we were to ask to meet someone on fab we would get a ban but by law we are not doing anything wrong. "

Exactly what I was getting at. That's why was hoping that a mod might comment...

portsmouth

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance....I'm not saying it the government is and this is my point. If we were to ask to meet someone on fab we would get a ban but by law we are not doing anything wrong. .

Exactly what I was getting at. That's why was hoping that a mod might comment..."

We live in hope

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance....I'm not saying it the government is and this is my point. If we were to ask to meet someone on fab we would get a ban but by law we are not doing anything wrong. .

Exactly what I was getting at. That's why was hoping that a mod might comment... We live in hope "

so you are asking to meet people... socially..... outside in a public area.... more than 2 meters away....

okay..........

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance...."

Nothing wrong with this kind of social. Sit in the bar having a drink and chat, or sit in the park doing the same. For those like me who always have a social first I don't see a problem.

portsmouth

Exactly what I was getting at. That's why was hoping that a mod might comment... We live in hope

so you are asking to meet people... socially..... outside in a public area.... more than 2 meters away....

okay.........."

No the government is saying we and anyone else can if we/they wanted to. But fab is still say we a cannot.Why is Fab out of step with the government guide lines?

portsmouth

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance....

Nothing wrong with this kind of social. Sit in the bar having a drink and chat, or sit in the park doing the same. For those like me who always have a social first I don't see a problem."

But fab does for some reason?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

The mood of the nation has changed as the goalposts got moved,from capacity and flattern the curve to this is "the new normal" till we get a vaccine, and second wave fearmongering, Florida, Georgia and Texas have been ticking over very nicely for weeks now with all charts on the decline, can't say the same for Cuomo's NY, as he's the carehome murderer,same situation that happened over here, the hospitals they built boats they sent never got used,they just packed the carehomes instead.

"So are you saying it should be ok to arrange to meet, socially, outside, with one other person as long as you observe 2m social distancing? This is now the legal guidance....

Nothing wrong with this kind of social. Sit in the bar having a drink and chat, or sit in the park doing the same. For those like me who always have a social first I don't see a problem. But fab does for some reason? "

Fab isn't gonna stop me from having socials.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Exactly what I was getting at. That's why was hoping that a mod might comment... We live in hope

okay.......... No the government is saying we and anyone else can if we/they wanted to. But fab is still say we a cannot.Why is Fab out of step with the government guide lines? "

Fab are a private company, they wont ban you for meeting someone, but they will ban you for trying to use their site in a way they dont want. And I dont think the current government guidelines are that you can go to random strangers house and spend hours pressed against each other

portsmouth

Nothing wrong with this kind of social. Sit in the bar having a drink and chat, or sit in the park doing the same. For those like me who always have a social first I don't see a problem. But fab does for some reason?

Fab isn't gonna stop me from having socials."

Put up a status asking for a social meet and see what happens.

Blackpool

I think Fab policy will change when they introduce the friends and family bouble + indoors, maybe June 1st? If R keeps coming down.

Nothing wrong with this kind of social. Sit in the bar having a drink and chat, or sit in the park doing the same. For those like me who always have a social first I don't see a problem. But fab does for some reason?

Fab isn't gonna stop me from having socials.Put up a status asking for a social meet and see what happens."

You try

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Fab are not saying that people cannot meet they just are not letting anyone advertise meets this way they cannot be blamed for condoning meets ?

portsmouth

Fab isn't gonna stop me from having socials.Put up a status asking for a social meet and see what happens.

You try "

Chicken

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The mood of the nation has changed as the goalposts got moved,from capacity and flattern the curve to this is "the new normal" till we get a vaccine, and second wave fearmongering, Florida, Georgia and Texas have been ticking over very nicely for weeks now with all charts on the decline, can't say the same for Cuomo's NY, as he's the carehome murderer,same situation that happened over here, the hospitals they built boats they sent never got used,they just packed the carehomes instead.

"

for the sake of "truthfullness"

Texas's has gone up... and had there largest infection day yesterday!

Georgia had to take down their figures because they had been "miscalculated"

and the person who did Florida's resigned on wednesday after alledging that the govenors office had asked her tominipulate the figures to make them look lower....(which actually has been alledged in florida before)

Have you seen people. Give an inch they take a mile.

Blackpool

They have got to guard against lawsuits incase someone dies and the meeting has a electronic trail to this site

portsmouth

"Fab are not saying that people cannot meet they just are not letting anyone advertise meets this way they cannot be blamed for condoning meets ?"
Sorry but that is not what they are saying "Update 26th March 2020:

No one should be arranging physical meets at this moment".

Blackpool

In the interest of truth Texas figures where ALL based around 1 meat processing factory, Georgia are still going down,my sister lives in Georgia, and Ron DeSantis called out the left wing fake news media to their faces on Wednesday,Florida is going In the right direction, the clip is out there.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"Fab are not saying that people cannot meet they just are not letting anyone advertise meets this way they cannot be blamed for condoning meets ?Sorry but that is not what they are saying "Update 26th March 2020:

No one should be arranging physical meets at this moment". "

But this wasn't what you were asking.

From how your op reads ?

It reads why can't we advertise for social meets as per the real world.

"They have got to guard against lawsuits incase someone dies and the meeting has a electronic trail to this site "

Exactly this, there is still at present a need for solidarity with the social distancing process. As a business fabs certainly shouldn't run the risk of getting shutdown because too many people on here met for intimate meetups. And not just for fabs themselves but for the community this website serves it would be detrimental as well.

And even if they did update the site message, meeting one other person from a different household, that is the rules at present.

So I can see why fabs wouldn't want to confuse the message but changing it to:-

One person can socially meet one other person, in a public place, with a 2 metres distance. Nothing more than that.

That would exclude any meets involving couples for example.

Besides, the message from the government is likely to be updated on Thursday when they do the next review. I know it's a huge pain and everybody is getting less and less happy about only looking at the inside of their homes, but we do need to be little bit more patient for a little bit longer.

As I'm sure eventually things will be back up and running. It doesn't seem worth it to undo everything so far and run the risk of having to start from scratch again as if it's March numbers of infections, you know?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

How come this thread is going on about the USA?

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

"Is fabs policy of not condoning physical meets still relevant considering the government has said we can now meet people socially albeit in a controlled manner? ."

For me it's still relevant. I view social meets differently to physical meets

portsmouth

"Fab are not saying that people cannot meet they just are not letting anyone advertise meets this way they cannot be blamed for condoning meets ?Sorry but that is not what they are saying "Update 26th March 2020:

No one should be arranging physical meets at this moment".

But this wasn't what you were asking.

From how your op reads ?

It reads why can't we advertise for social meets as per the real world. "

I think our post is quite clear as it reads: "Wondering" "Is fabs policy of not condoning physical meets still relevant considering the government has said we can now meet people socially albeit in a controlled manner? .

okay.......... No the government is saying we and anyone else can if we/they wanted to. But fab is still say we a cannot.Why is Fab out of step with the government guide lines?

Fab are a private company, they wont ban you for meeting someone, but they will ban you for trying to use their site in a way they dont want. And I dont think the current government guidelines are that you can go to random strangers house and spend hours pressed against each other "

So far no-one here suggested that, nor should they. The questions are about appropriate, social distancing ,outside social meets.

» Add a new message to this topic