FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > If Cummings doesn't go

If Cummings doesn't go

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ob Carpe Diem OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

Will people still abide by the guidelines, I have my doubts

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What do you think OP?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Will people still abide by the guidelines, I have my doubts"

I guess it depends why most people are abiding by the guidelines

If it's because they are convinced the guidance is for the greater good and should be followed they still will

Let's say an mp was accused of inappropriate sexual behaviour and "got away with it" I'm sure you would not write a thread suggesting it legitimizes that behaviour

Just sitting back and watching everyone lose their minds over Cummings. Love it.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Yes of course I will abide by the rules. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Cummings should go. He has lost all credibility.

"Will people still abide by the guidelines, I have my doubts

If it's because they are convinced the guidance is for the greater good and should be followed they still will

Let's say an mp was accused of inappropriate sexual behaviour and "got away with it" I'm sure you would not write a thread suggesting it legitimizes that behaviour

"

Understand your point but also thee OP's

I worry that the combination of the effects of weeks of restrictions, no real big changes in sight and the uproar over his actions may well cause people to lose sight of the rationale for the measures.

Torquay

"What do you think OP?"

I think it's blatent and will seem like one rule for some and different for others, I think he really should go

They aren’t anyway. And those that are will unlikely be swayed either way by the “do as I. Say not as I do” actions of another politician

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

Chief medical officer in Scotland went to her holiday home two weekends in a row and got sacked he should be the same.

He had the virus and should know better to move about and possibly spread it

Give him his P45

As in many cases you will find people who believe they are above all rules and they dont apply to them

whether it be cummings, the people heading to beaches in droves or those that still ask for meets here

some people will always do their best to abide by rules and guidelines, others wont

One impact may be people thinking if they dont abide by the rules why should i

ashby de la zouch

I worry that the combination of the effects of weeks of restrictions, no real big changes in sight and the uproar over his actions may well cause people to lose sight of the rationale for the measures. "

Honestly I think without some kind of reminder people will naturally drift into lax ways they are indeed fed up

Dont think Cummings will make much difference

Despite how helpful distancing is for slowing the virus it may just be too much for humans to sustain despite good intentions

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Just sitting back and watching everyone lose their minds over Cummings. Love it. "

Its like a witch hunt

"Just sitting back and watching everyone lose their minds over Cummings. Love it.

Its like a witch hunt "

BURN HIM!!!!!

People should know by now its one rule for the masses and a different rule for those in power...its do as they say not as they do....and wasnt this weeks ago so why suddenly the uproar...maybe to deflect the public from the protests in London etc against lockdown...most Europeans have already opened cafes and public areas for a return back to life...

Poor judgement and probably an air of arrogance, but the good old British media have gone from "We're in this together" and reverted to type and looking for blame culture.

Should he go? The public and media will make his position untenable so no doubt he will.

Personally I think hes better off being utilised for his knowledge, then replaced post Covid. Hes got a job to do...get him to conduct his duty.

His wife apparently said in an interview that he collapsed and was in bed for 10 days.

Was that before or after he drove his son to stay with his parents?

Personally, if I had a young child and I caught the virus, I’d put their welfare first and do what I thought was best for them.

Torquay

" Poor judgement and probably an air of arrogance, but the good old British media have gone from "We're in this together" and reverted to type and looking for blame culture.

Should he go? The public and media will make his position untenable so no doubt he will.

Personally I think hes better off being utilised for his knowledge, then replaced post Covid. Hes got a job to do...get him to conduct his duty."

Then you must also think the scientific advisors that went should not have done, but they felt they had to, so why not Cummings?

" Poor judgement and probably an air of arrogance, but the good old British media have gone from "We're in this together" and reverted to type and looking for blame culture.

Personally I think hes better off being utilised for his knowledge, then replaced post Covid. Hes got a job to do...get him to conduct his duty.

Then you must also think the scientific advisors that went should not have done, but they felt they had to, so why not Cummings?"

What was the reason for the scientific advisors travelling?

I think that’s important in this context.

Torquay

Then you must also think the scientific advisors that went should not have done, but they felt they had to, so why not Cummings?

What was the reason for the scientific advisors travelling?

I think that’s important in this context."

Why, he's perfectly able to get someone to look after his children if needed, he works at the top of government for gods sake

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I can't help getting the impression he's embedded himself (and his cronies) so far into the current administration's core functioning that he'll be able to mobilize all of Downing Street's media handling team to defend him.

No way will he go.

Torquay

"I can't help getting the impression he's embedded himself (and his cronies) so far into the current administration's core functioning that he'll be able to mobilize all of Downing Street's media handling team to defend him.

No way will he go."

Doesn't matter, the press want blood, I suspect a lot of the people will want it as well, no way I think he can survive

"His wife apparently said in an interview that he collapsed and was in bed for 10 days.

Personally, if I had a young child and I caught the virus, I’d put their welfare first and do what I thought was best for them."

They have family in London. He should have had a test and isolated. He didn’t have covid. He made a ‘just in case’ journey. The only risk there was driving his child over 20 miles whilst he was unwell.

They should sack him, if they don't I'm going to my mother's tomorrow and giving her a big cuddle

"His wife apparently said in an interview that he collapsed and was in bed for 10 days.

Personally, if I had a young child and I caught the virus, I’d put their welfare first and do what I thought was best for them.

They have family in London. He should have had a test and isolated. He didn’t have covid. He made a ‘just in case’ journey. The only risk there was driving his child over 200 miles whilst he was unwell. "

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking view

He drove in a car with his wife, who had COVID-19 symptoms, for 260 miles.

That puts him at risk of getting the virus.

His reason for travelling was to have appropriate child care for his child.

His child was in the same car !

Feel a bit sorry for Grant Shapps ...

Talk about being thrown in front of the bus for today's Downing Street briefing !!!

By *inkydarkness90Man  over a year ago

Somewhere up here

It's one for rule for some... absolute disgrace when politicians (and idiots) try these sorts of things. Never held accountable for anything

"He drove in a car with his wife, who had COVID-19 symptoms, for 260 miles.

Talk about being thrown in front of the bus for today's Downing Street briefing !!!"

I thought that. Poor fella

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"

This is such a poor example. Lack of accoubtability for public figures for sexually inappropriate behavior literally does legitimise the behavior anf undermines other legal cases.

Whether members of the public are or are not following lockdown rules, Cummings' action is horseshit of the highest order, and no understatement there - he's next to PM, probably influential in forming the Covid response, and managed to find a loophole in his government's own rules.

Should be sacked. Other politicians have for less.

Talk about being thrown in front of the bus for today's Downing Street briefing !!!"

You on twitter as well

Torquay

"They should sack him, if they don't I'm going to my mother's tomorrow and giving her a big cuddle"

I'll be visiting my dad's grave in Durham, won't be cuddling him though

"They should sack him, if they don't I'm going to my mother's tomorrow and giving her a big cuddle

I'll be visiting my dad's grave in Durham, won't be cuddling him though"

I will be going to my dads grave next week, I also won't be giving him a cuddle

ashby de la zouch

"They should sack him, if they don't I'm going to my mother's tomorrow and giving her a big cuddle"

I think the sentiment splendid

However the reason I do not currently hug my mum has zero to do with government instruction

By *RONMAN16Man  over a year ago

Coventry

Can't see him leaving, as he's the de facto PM. He is the shadow behind Boris

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

Have a feeling that the government if they dont get rid of him they are opening up bag of nails.and leaving themshelves open to Human Rights claims.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Across the whole country 13,445 fixed penalty notices were issued by the Police.

66.5 milion people populate the UK.

Cummings'gate isn't going to change that one way or the other.

People are overwhelmingly doing the right thing. They will continue to do so.

"Just sitting back and watching everyone lose their minds over Cummings. Love it.

Its like a witch hunt

BURN HIM!!!!! "

Get some faggots first

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

By the way he was having a go at the Press for not keeping 2 m apart outside his house today and saying he did the right thing, I very much doubt he will voluntarily resign. He is a legend in his own mind.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I'll keep on doing what's right regardless.

By *oonloverWoman  over a year ago

bognor regis

How many stops did they make on that journey? For fuel, food or toilets?

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 19:06:49]

Unelected political Bureaucrats are back in Vogue again now then ?

Can we make a decision

They are good or they are bad ?

Absolute disgrace, four or five hour drive chances are he stopped as well sack the clown.

If I am honest my patience with and tolerance for these restrictions is rapidly waning.

It is time we accepted the situation for what it is - this virus will be with us for many years. Given that, we need to decide what we're going to do.

Unless we learn to manage the risk of Covid in the same way as we mange so many other risks each and every day we're doomed to exist in a state of semi-isolation indefinitely... not good for anyone.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Yes

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Talk about being thrown in front of the bus for today's Downing Street briefing !!!

How many stops did they make on that journey? For fuel, food or toilets? "

It was only 260 miles and decent car can do double that without stopping. Same for food and toilets.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Its like a witch hunt "

duck him !!!!

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

If people break the rules because he did (which was totally wrong by the way) then they are just as bad

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857"

It is reported he was seen 30 miles away from Durham on the 12th, back in London on the 14th, then back to Durham on the 19th of April

I wonder who was in danger this time

I do not live my life according to what Tories say.

Cummings stays or goes makes no difference they are useless, dangerous fools.

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

"https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857

It is reported he was seen 30 miles away from Durham on the 12th, back in London on the 14th, then back to Durham on the 19th of April

I wonder who was in danger this time"

If true he's gone..

He will stay where he is, it's a non story. We will have an enquiry of sorts, find no wrong doing then back to normal.

Liverpool

It was only 260 miles and decent car can do double that without stopping. Same for food and toilets."

Yes a decent car can go 260 miles without needing food or the toilet but I doubt many humans can, especially a small child.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I'm enjoying the Cummings situation very much, the phone ins are manic, Piers Morgan is in Meltdown on twitter 24/7 ,Next stop Stephen Nolan at 9, And i thought it was going to be a boring weekend trying to count how many folks are on Southend beach lol....

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"I'm enjoying the Cummings situation very much, the phone ins are manic, Piers Morgan is in Meltdown on twitter 24/7 ,Next stop Stephen Nolan at 9, And i thought it was going to be a boring weekend trying to count how many folks are on Southend beach lol.... "
milk it gurl !

It was only 260 miles and decent car can do double that without stopping. Same for food and toilets."

But can a four year old?

It was only 260 miles and decent car can do double that without stopping. Same for food and toilets.

But can a four year old? "

There we have it..

I worry that the combination of the effects of weeks of restrictions, no real big changes in sight and the uproar over his actions may well cause people to lose sight of the rationale for the measures.

Honestly I think without some kind of reminder people will naturally drift into lax ways they are indeed fed up

Dont think Cummings will make much difference

Despite how helpful distancing is for slowing the virus it may just be too much for humans to sustain despite good intentions

"

Possibly yes x

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

If he doesn't go, he will probably put the cost of the journey on expenses.

"And exactly how much salt would you like in that wound?".

Burn him.

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

North

Oh dear all over the news now about other trips he made and they were defending him on tv.

I have a brother in Cornwall if me and my wife feel bit rough could I get away with driving all the way to them so they can look after our Puppy. The hypocrite should get the sack arrogant arsehole of a man.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Will people still abide by the guidelines, I have my doubts."

I think most people will, they were already and few of us would want to copy his arrogance and disregard.

That said, how are police officers meant to persuade people to do the right thing, or even fine anyone for persisting in doing the wrong thing, if Cummings gets away with what he did?

Members of the public might - quite rightly - object to the double standard.

Excuse me, officer. Cummings didn't get a fine, just a talking to; so, now you've given me mine, can you just go away and leave me alone? That's what you did with him. Or are we not all equal under the law?

Liverpool

But can a four year old? "

I doubt even an adult can. I live 220 miles from London. We visit a few times a year as its where I'm originally from. We always stop at services at least once about halfway and I'm still desperate for the toilet by the time we arrive. I think you'd have to severely dehydrate yourself to make it without needing the toilet and they travelled a further 40 miles. I know the roads are quieter at the moment but we've done the journey at night time many times so I've done it with clear roads and I still couldn't last.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He will go in a few days public opinion will shift him,then brought back in a couple of years.This has been done by governments for years

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

There is new storys developing tonight,he made the trip twice?, he visited a castle?. And the cops DID talk to his dad. He's Toast....

I think the sensible ones will continue regardless.

The councils/businesses took the initiative while the government dithered, councils again taking the initiative by not opening schools

Wasn't he sick and he went there to isolate and let family look after kid? If that's the case it seems fair enough. But we could just kick him coz we don't like him and turn into a baying mob lol but also claim we hate bullying lol

And do councils still get the budget for schooling if they don't actually open?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There is new storys developing tonight,he made the trip twice?, he visited a castle?. And the cops DID talk to his dad. He's Toast.... "

not quite a castle...

the little village is called barnard castle (its a lovely little place)....

person who put him there reckons they can do it by giving his car reg number... and his search history of when he looked for it....

and i love the fact that durham police are taking no shit from no.10 either!!!

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

"Wasn't he sick and he went there to isolate and let family look after kid? If that's the case it seems fair enough. But we could just kick him coz we don't like him and turn into a baying mob lol but also claim we hate bullying lol

And do councils still get the budget for schooling if they don't actually open? "

He broke the law. There is nothing in the Regulations recently passed that say you can drive hundreds of miles to seek family help for children? Or anyone for that matter. If you could, I would have driven 230 miles to offer help to my mum

Liverpool

"Wasn't he sick and he went there to isolate and let family look after kid? If that's the case it seems fair enough. But we could just kick him coz we don't like him and turn into a baying mob lol but also claim we hate bullying lol

And do councils still get the budget for schooling if they don't actually open? "

Yeah because there was absolutely nobody closer than 260 miles away that could look after his kid . Also it's a bit hard to say you're too ill to look after your kid but well enough to travel 260 miles.

The good and sensible people will. Others will be arseholes, but they would be arseholes anyway.

He broke the law. There is nothing in the Regulations recently passed that say you can drive hundreds of miles to seek family help for children? Or anyone for that matter. If you could, I would have driven 230 miles to offer help to my mum "

I'm not 100% up on the rules so don't know if he has circumnavigated them or not but I know there are loads of people breaking them, whole groups of people together just because it was sunny! Where he went from one secure place to another... I just think apply the rules to everyone and not just stick one individual in the shooting gallery. But I agree that those of us who stick to the rules are having the piss taken.

He will be hoping that none of the journalists or photographers around him were non symptomatic carriers.

If the press don't take him down then pretty sure the virus will!

By *ax ZorinMan  over a year ago

Birdham Chichester

Looks like the lockdown is falling apart along with the economy. At some point someone might realise that with less than 1% of all deaths being under 45's..they should be allowed and encouraged to resume their lives as normal. Let's start to focus on protecting the vulnerable and protecting younger people's education, prospects and JOBS.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Tony Blair helped start an illegal war in the middle east. Did you follow his example because he was in government?

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Yeah because there was absolutely nobody closer than 260 miles away that could look after his kid . Also it's a bit hard to say you're too ill to look after your kid but well enough to travel 260 miles."

It's daft, isn't it. He's wealthy and well connected, yet his only option for help was his parents?

London

"Tony Blair helped start an illegal war in the middle east. Did you follow his example because he was in government?"

As desperate 'what about this other person!' attempts go, this is particularly pathetic.

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

He broke the law. There is nothing in the Regulations recently passed that say you can drive hundreds of miles to seek family help for children? Or anyone for that matter. If you could, I would have driven 230 miles to offer help to my mum

I'm not 100% up on the rules so don't know if he has circumnavigated them or not but I know there are loads of people breaking them, whole groups of people together just because it was sunny! Where he went from one secure place to another... I just think apply the rules to everyone and not just stick one individual in the shooting gallery. But I agree that those of us who stick to the rules are having the piss taken.

"

But this individual helped to set the rules for us all, so if he breaks them he deserves all the crap that's thrown at him, and if the news that he did it twice is true, will be interesting to see how he gets defended, but i think they will try

By *exyCouple999Couple  over a year ago

South Bucks

Its like a witch hunt "

Exactly - guess people have nothing better to do ! lol

salisbury

"Tony Blair helped start an illegal war in the middle east. Did you follow his example because he was in government?

As desperate 'what about this other person!' attempts go, this is particularly pathetic. "

You taught me all i ever needed to know about posting pathetic crap. Thankyou master. say hi to your wife for me.

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Tony Blair helped start an illegal war in the middle east. Did you follow his example because he was in government?"

That really is pathetic and desperate reasoning really

salisbury

I saw a politician swindle his expenses claim, so that's why I feel it's ok to do it to...

Its like a witch hunt

Exactly - guess people have nothing better to do ! lol"

Agree lol these forums are showing me, no Matter how daft the subject lol how dogmatic people are for no gain what's so ever nite x

salisbury

I saw a policeman arrested for drink driving, so now i ALWAYS drink drive...

South Bucks

"Absolute disgrace, four or five hour drive chances are he stopped as well sack the clown."

That is speculation.

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

Cummings actions represents the worst kind of leadership example ever ..... ‘do as I say not as I do’ ...... truly shocking and tremendously demotivating for society in general.

London

"Tony Blair helped start an illegal war in the middle east. Did you follow his example because he was in government?

As desperate 'what about this other person!' attempts go, this is particularly pathetic.

You taught me all i ever needed to know about posting pathetic crap. Thankyou master. say hi to your wife for me. "

So no attempt to defend your demonstrably silly comment. Unsurprising.

4 year old in a car for 4-5 hours and they don’t stop for the toilet? Really ?

South Bucks

"Wasn't he sick and he went there to isolate and let family look after kid? If that's the case it seems fair enough. But we could just kick him coz we don't like him and turn into a baying mob lol but also claim we hate bullying lol "

Nail on the head !

"I saw a politician swindle his expenses claim, so that's why I feel it's ok to do it to... "

Did the politician get sacked when caught ?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

why travel 260 miles when his wife sister lives 2.miles away and one of his closest advisers lives 2 streets away the could of took in the unfortunate child

"I saw a policeman arrested for drink driving, so now i ALWAYS drink drive..."

Was the police man sacked for drink driving ?

South Bucks

4 year old in a car for 4-5 hours and they don’t stop for the toilet? Really ? "

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the guidelines did not forbid the use of toilets.....

salisbury

"I saw a policeman arrested for drink driving, so now i ALWAYS drink drive...

Was the police man sacked for drink driving ? "

Is this thread about "should he be sacked?" Go on, have a little read of the op...

Is this thread about "should he be sacked?" Go on, have a little read of the op..."

I have read it, it didn’t mention any police men drink driving , have a little read of the op

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

I find it amazing how each looks after thier own.

A few weeks ago, Stephen Kinnock drove to his fathers home leading to a hail of critism from the Tory party.

Yet, an infected member of the government can drive across the country and claim he was acting legally.

The instructions were clear to me, you have symptoms, you Stay Home and ask people locally to support you.

He should be prosecuted, and pick-up a criminal record as have the many others have who were genuinly supporting family members and travelling where the police have over reacted and brought them into court.

salisbury

Is this thread about "should he be sacked?" Go on, have a little read of the op...

I have read it, it didn’t mention any police men drink driving , have a little read of the op "

Tedious... maybe it was a bit of leap for you. Sometimes i forget. Forgive me.

salisbury

[Removed by poster at 23/05/20 23:55:01]

salisbury

"I find it amazing how each looks after thier own.

A few weeks ago, Stephen Kinnock drove to his fathers home leading to a hail of critism from the Tory party.

Yet, an infected member of the government can drive across the country and claim he was acting legally.

The instructions were clear to me, you have symptoms, you Stay Home and ask people locally to support you.

He should be prosecuted, and pick-up a criminal record as have the many others have who were genuinly supporting family members and travelling where the police have over reacted and brought them into court.

"

Apparently wasn't infected.

Newcastle and Gateshead

clems spinning out of control.....

its not about denial now... its bout trying to get people to look at other "big shiny objects"....

anyway back to the topic of the thread... potential trip 3 allegation coming... this time on 10th may!

I have read it, it didn’t mention any police men drink driving , have a little read of the op

Tedious... maybe it was a bit of leap for you. Sometimes i forget. Forgive me. "

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

After the confusing messaging to "Be alert" and the good weather and boredom, this will nudge a lot of people into going back to behaving as normal, or at least not taking as much care.

If someone at the heart of government wasn't taking his own government's advice seriously then it probably means that we've just been over-cautious right?

He should go, but if that's the case most of the Cabinet should not be their.

The Prime Minister got elected after hiding in a fridge and refusing to do interviews.

80+ seat majority, years to an election and Cummings is the cleverest guy in the room (he made sure of that) and will be advising them

Lucky us

salisbury

"clems spinning out of control.....

its not about denial now... its bout trying to get people to look at other "big shiny objects"....

anyway back to the topic of the thread... potential trip 3 allegation coming... this time on 10th may!"

Hang him high! I don't get these politicians. If i wanted to go somewhere, and i was in his position, I'd get myself a police escort and do it properly!

Sale

I agree ...... the uk population (at the very least the English) are now at the mercy of a shocking and deplorable example of leadership by Cummings. Frankly the dysfunction of saying one thing but doing another is as an effective signal as any to drop obeying the guidelines and do whatever you want. Truly an awful example and tremendously disappointing.

"How about we all just do the best we can eh? I don't need a politician to tell me how to survive a pandemic. Thank you. If you're the kind of person who uses politicians as an example of what is "right" in your day to day, more power to you, ya crazy bastards!

Sure, I bet your one of those guys who decide to stay in before March 23rd? I am not sure if you are aware but the government had to impose the lockdown as the weekend before nobody took any notice . Crazy bastards

I know right, and ive worked the WHOLE way though... how about you?

Really, I guess your working exactly the same as you were before the lockdown ? Literally nothing has changed ? Right

More overtime. "

Lucky you . Exactly the same working conditions? No social distancing required? No extra PPE? Just the same as before lockdown ?

anyway back to the topic of the thread... potential trip 3 allegation coming... this time on 10th may!

Hang him high! I don't get these politicians. If i wanted to go somewhere, and i was in his position, I'd get myself a police escort and do it properly!"

He isn’t a politician,

London

After the confusing messaging to "Be alert" and the good weather and boredom, this will nudge a lot of people into going back to behaving as normal, or at least not taking as much care.

If someone at the heart of government wasn't taking his own government's advice seriously then it probably means that we've just been over-cautious right?

He should go, but if that's the case most of the Cabinet should not be their.

The Prime Minister got elected after hiding in a fridge and refusing to do interviews.

80+ seat majority, years to an election and Cummings is the cleverest guy in the room (he made sure of that) and will be advising them

Lucky us "

Suspect there will be plenty in government (including Cummings himself) who are more than happy to erode the lockdown message and go back to the herd immunity plan.

salisbury

anyway back to the topic of the thread... potential trip 3 allegation coming... this time on 10th may!"

This thread isn't about denial, this thread is simply, will people abide by the guidelines, when a politician didn't abide by the now lapsed guidelines. Well, if you don't value yours, or your loved ones lives, then no, you probably won't.

This thread isn't about denial, this thread is simply, will people abide by the guidelines, when a politician didn't abide by the now lapsed guidelines. Well, if you don't value yours, or your loved ones lives, then no, you probably won't. "

He isn’t a politician

salisbury

"How about we all just do the best we can eh? I don't need a politician to tell me how to survive a pandemic. Thank you. If you're the kind of person who uses politicians as an example of what is "right" in your day to day, more power to you, ya crazy bastards!

Sure, I bet your one of those guys who decide to stay in before March 23rd? I am not sure if you are aware but the government had to impose the lockdown as the weekend before nobody took any notice . Crazy bastards

Really, I guess your working exactly the same as you were before the lockdown ? Literally nothing has changed ? Right

More overtime.

Lucky you . Exactly the same working conditions? No social distancing required? No extra PPE? Just the same as before lockdown ? "

Social distancing is impossible. Although, we do have anti bacterial hand gel. Not sure what good it is against a virus but let's not get lost in the details..

More overtime.

Lucky you . Exactly the same working conditions? No social distancing required? No extra PPE? Just the same as before lockdown ?

Social distancing is impossible. Although, we do have anti bacterial hand gel. Not sure what good it is against a virus but let's not get lost in the details.."

That’s the spirit, I am sure the work your doing is essential to the country, I will make sure I do a special clap for you next Thursday

salisbury

This thread isn't about denial, this thread is simply, will people abide by the guidelines, when a politician didn't abide by the now lapsed guidelines. Well, if you don't value yours, or your loved ones lives, then no, you probably won't.

He isn’t a politician "

In this case, is he representing the government? I would say to Joe public, he is. This is semantics.

salisbury

More overtime.

Social distancing is impossible. Although, we do have anti bacterial hand gel. Not sure what good it is against a virus but let's not get lost in the details..

That’s the spirit, I am sure the work your doing is essential to the country, I will make sure I do a special clap for you next Thursday "

If your mum lets you out of the house, I'd be very thankful.

More overtime.

Social distancing is impossible. Although, we do have anti bacterial hand gel. Not sure what good it is against a virus but let's not get lost in the details.."

Same at my work.

2 metres is impossible but the new guidelines say 2 meters if possible.

Hand sanitizer on the entrance and exit of the site.

He isn’t a politician

In this case, is he representing the government? I would say to Joe public, he is. This is semantics."

It is, but when you make the same mistake twice it makes you look a bit silly, unless you are Joe public

salisbury

He isn’t a politician

In this case, is he representing the government? I would say to Joe public, he is. This is semantics.

It is, but when you make the same mistake twice it makes you look a bit silly, unless you are Joe public "

I was just trying to keep things simple for you.

More overtime.

That’s the spirit, I am sure the work your doing is essential to the country, I will make sure I do a special clap for you next Thursday

If your mum lets you out of the house, I'd be very thankful. "

She only lets me out to visit your mum

salisbury

More overtime.

Same at my work.

Hand sanitizer on the entrance and exit of the site."

Better off wearing disposable gloves. Change regularly. much less face touching with them as well.

By *ony51963Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Many were ignoring the guidelines as reported in the last few says . Cummings regardless of his position has made a personal decision ( as entitled under democracy) to deal in his way with his condition. How many furloughed play the 'I feel unsafe to return to work card' yet are ignoring the guidelines ( not rules or laws , which we wshould be grateful for)

salisbury

More overtime.

She only lets me out to visit your mum "

Is she a medium?

More overtime.

Same at my work.

Better off wearing disposable gloves. Change regularly. much less face touching with them as well. "

They would get destroyed.

I am a roofer

More overtime.

Is she a medium?"

No, she is quite petite , size 8 I think , but thanks for asking

salisbury

More overtime.

Same at my work.

Better off wearing disposable gloves. Change regularly. much less face touching with them as well.

I am a roofer "

Change them even more regularly!! lol! surely you haven't had to work right through lock down?!

"Haha Clem are you a Fisherman ?

You have that fucker biting evertime

"

Who are you calling a ‘fucker’

More overtime.

Same at my work.

I am a roofer

Change them even more regularly!! lol! surely you haven't had to work right through lock down?!"

No been back 2 weeks now.

salisbury

"

He's like my groupy you know? He's not much to look at.. but i take what i can.

Who are you calling a ‘fucker’ "

salisbury

The correct spelling is V I R G I N.

salisbury

More overtime.

Is she a medium?

No, she is quite petite , size 8 I think , but thanks for asking "

Just your type i imagine?

salisbury

More overtime.

Same at my work.

I am a roofer

Change them even more regularly!! lol! surely you haven't had to work right through lock down?!

No been back 2 weeks now."

Gloves. And if you want to wear a mask, make sure its a least asbestos proof.

Maybe you and flem can start another thread elsewhere, Do they have a roofers and delivery drivers section on here

salisbury

Maybe you and flem can start another thread elsewhere, Do they have a roofers and delivery drivers section on here "

Hilarious! He miss-spelled my made up name to goad me! The quick witted fiend!!

Maybe you and flem can start another thread elsewhere, Do they have a roofers and delivery drivers section on here "

Ohh

I am just enjoying the entertainment and watching you get your arse handed to you by Clem

More overtime.

Is she a medium?

Just your type i imagine?"

Depends, I usually go for a size 10, I like curvy women, who about you? Do you get many options on here?

salisbury

Are you attempting to mock a man for working for a living, while your sat at home in your pants? Well, this is a new low.

Maybe you and flem can start another thread elsewhere, Do they have a roofers and delivery drivers section on here

Ohh

I am just enjoying the entertainment and watching you get your arse handed to you by Clem "

Hold on, are you two related? So you enjoy watching flem handling my arse? You dirty boy

Ohh

I am just enjoying the entertainment and watching you get your arse handed to you by Clem

Hold on, are you two related? So you enjoy watching flem handling my arse? You dirty boy "

Nowt wrong with that

salisbury

More overtime.

Is she a medium?

Depends, I usually go for a size 10, I like curvy women, who about you? Do you get many options on here? "

Size 10? Curvy?! This is why you're single.

Are you attempting to mock a man for working for a living, while your sat at home in your pants? Well, this is a new low."

My pants? I wasn’t mocking, I think delivery drivers are very important in the current climate, no wonder your needed for all the extra over time,

salisbury

Ohh

Hold on, are you two related? So you enjoy watching flem handling my arse? You dirty boy "

Oh! Now it's funny if people aren't straight! Welcome to the 1970's.....

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Love the way that the folk who say he has to go can honestly stand up and say that they have not broken exactly the same rules.

In fairness can’t stand the man so yes but the judgemental need to look to themselves before judging others.

More overtime.

Is she a medium?

Depends, I usually go for a size 10, I like curvy women, who about you? Do you get many options on here?

Size 10? Curvy?! This is why you're single. "

I know, but I do well on here, so single life is good, how are you getting on, are you

Ohh

Hold on, are you two related? So you enjoy watching flem handling my arse? You dirty boy

Oh! Now it's funny if people aren't straight! Welcome to the 1970's....."

Who isn’t straight? I don’t recall the 1970s, what happened back then

I would like to watch the entertainment but my wife wants me now!!!!!!!!

I hope that's the good meaning of wants me.

salisbury

"I would like to watch the entertainment but my wife wants me now!!!!!!!!

I hope that's the good meaning of wants me."

Lol ive got to be at work for 7! Catch you later!

"I would like to watch the entertainment but my wife wants me now!!!!!!!!

I hope that's the good meaning of wants me."

Have fun, don’t keep her up all night

Sale

"Love the way that the folk who say he has to go can honestly stand up and say that they have not broken exactly the same rules.

In fairness can’t stand the man so yes but the judgemental need to look to themselves before judging others. "

Maybe it’s not about judging Cummings action to deliver punitive measures, surely it’s the hypocrisy of his behaviour that is driving the reaction. After all hundreds of thousands of people have sacrificed by not going to funerals or not seeing frightened parents yet the person who led the construction of the guidelines did completely the opposite.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Love the way that the folk who say he has to go can honestly stand up and say that they have not broken exactly the same rules.

In fairness can’t stand the man so yes but the judgemental need to look to themselves before judging others. "

on it looks like at least 3 seperate occasions.....

once may be "unfortunate" and twice may be "careless"... but 3 times...

children excuses tend to be like "grandparents dying" excuse.. you cant really play that card more than once!

salisbury

Are you attempting to mock a man for working for a living, while your sat at home in your pants? Well, this is a new low.

My pants? I wasn’t mocking, I think delivery drivers are very important in the current climate, no wonder your needed for all the extra over time,

If you're going to try and take the piss, which is what I assume you're trying to do... then please get your "yours" and "you're"s sorted out. Otherwise you look like as ass. Again.

As ass, or an ass? It’s hard to tell what you mean, especially when you were trying to correct my spelling and grammar. "

I've no doubt you found it hard. Bless.

I think we’ve reached the stage where if one of the government walked in and took a shit on their dinner some people on this forum would justify it because they had to shit somewhere.

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic.

"I think we’ve reached the stage where if one of the government walked in and took a shit on their dinner some people on this forum would justify it because they had to shit somewhere.

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic."

I'd go further, they are pretending the shit is some kind of fine dining experience and lapping it up.

How the hell have we come to this? We are supposed to be s great country and have been hoodwinked by a bunch of lying, self serving narcissists. It's tragic

We are supposed to be a great nation but that's just more spin.

Don't believe the hype, we are now a country built on being a service industry and unfortunately the days of the service industry have now ceased

"I'd go further, they are pretending the shit is some kind of fine dining experience and lapping it up.

How the hell have we come to this? We are supposed to be s great country and have been hoodwinked by a bunch of lying, self serving narcissists. It's tragic

"

People seem to have fallen into this belief that it’s more important for them to be right than it is to actually find the right answer. People have invested so much of themselves into supporting ’their side that they will lose so much face if they admit they were wrong that they’ll become ever more ridiculous in their attempts to ‘win’.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

He needs to go! Arrogant t**t he is! I feel sorry for the kid whose bike that was! Imagine having an arrogant t**t like him as a father!

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Cummings should go

Why one rule for him one for rest of us

Also other leaders and politicians resigned for doing less.

Now there's a 2nd journey

leeds

"We are supposed to be a great nation but that's just more spin.

Don't believe the hype, we are now a country built on being a service industry and unfortunately the days of the service industry have now ceased"

I think we are rapidly becoming poor country driven by selfishness

If I could I would emigrate to new Zealand or australia

Very very sad the decline of the once best country in the world. We are all to blame money is new God in this country not integrity and morals very sad

leeds

"I think we’ve reached the stage where if one of the government walked in and took a shit on their dinner some people on this forum would justify it because they had to shit somewhere.

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic."

I agree there pathetic.

I gave government a chance as difficult times but their pathetic and risk more lives need to.

I never wanted corbyn but don't think even he could coocked up as much as this lot

Boris should resign and I was a support of him

Don't believe the hype, we are now a country built on being a service industry and unfortunately the days of the service industry have now ceased

Very very sad the decline of the once best country in the world. We are all to blame money is new God in this country not integrity and morals very sad"

Money has always been the god, once we had lots of it now we just borrow and pretend we are rich!

"I find it amazing how each looks after thier own.

"

He just needs to go, just like the recent scientific advisors.

leeds

Don't believe the hype, we are now a country built on being a service industry and unfortunately the days of the service industry have now ceased. I agree. Do you Skype by Webcam

We have chatthed with John and Helen a few times now and at last found a reallive genuine couple!! Both really easy total to and about lots of things - chatted for ages before anything naughty came up.......but a couple of things did and were dealt with by both Mandy and Helen!! Hoping to arrange our first same room meet with them - and really looking forward to it. A really lovely couple who look great too.

Very very sad the decline of the once best country in the world. We are all to blame money is new God in this country not integrity and morals very sad

Money has always been the god, once we had lots of it now we just borrow and pretend we are rich!"

Sale

Dominic Cummings lockdown tour 2020:

31st March - London

5th April - Durham

13th April - Bernard Castle

14th April - London

19th April - London

So what was everyone else doing while the individual who helped write the guidance to stay at home was doing entirely his own thing?

West London

Personally I think hes better off being utilised for his knowledge, then replaced post Covid. Hes got a job to do...get him to conduct his duty."

What knowledge?

What has he done that's made your life or anyone else's better?

"He will stay where he is, it's a non story. We will have an enquiry of sorts, find no wrong doing then back to normal. "

Yet when a Scottish MP did similar.

Off with her head.

Typical double standards

West London

Personally, if I had a young child and I caught the virus, I’d put their welfare first and do what I thought was best for them."

Then thousands of parents have been negligent and done the wrong thing.

Thousands of people should have criss-crossed the country to stay with vulnerable grandparents in case they suspected that they had the virus and needed childcare. In fact if they were certain that they had the virus then they should definitely have made a long trip to stay with them.

Cummings should stay because none of the advice that he has formulated should be followed if you think that you shouldn't follow it.

Impeccable logic

What knowledge?

What has he done that's made your life or anyone else's better?"

According to Steven Baker, made the slogans

I agree there pathetic.

I gave government a chance as difficult times but their pathetic and risk more lives need to.

I never wanted corbyn but don't think even he could coocked up as much as this lot

Boris should resign and I was a support of him"

Hopefully you have now learned the important life lesson that Tories can never be trusted.

West London

I agree there pathetic.

Hopefully you have now learned the important life lesson that Tories can never be trusted."

I disagree with this.

The Conservative party is no more universally untrustworthy than the Labour party is universally trustworthy.

Sweeping comments such as this lead to reflexive criticism of good ideas and support of bad ideas.

Who’s running this country, the government or the media ? the media so it seems ( scum)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I agree there pathetic.

Hopefully you have now learned the important life lesson that Tories can never be trusted.

I disagree with this.

The Conservative party is no more universally untrustworthy than the Labour party is universally trustworthy.

Sweeping comments such as this lead to reflexive criticism of good ideas and support of bad ideas."

This..

When we fall into the trap of one side all bad other side all good we not only play the tribal game some want, we are the game..

We have more that unites us than divides us and that goes fir the other so called differences that those who seek to divide exploit..

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Who’s running this country, the government or the media ? the media so it seems ( scum) "

West London

"Who’s running this country, the government or the media ? the media so it seems ( scum) "

Should members of the government and those who advise them follow their own guidelines or not?

I agree there pathetic.

I disagree with this.

Sweeping comments such as this lead to reflexive criticism of good ideas and support of bad ideas.

This..

When we fall into the trap of one side all bad other side all good we not only play the tribal game some want, we are the game..

We have more that unites us than divides us and that goes fir the other so called differences that those who seek to divide exploit.. "

Thankfully some of us can see beyond our political allegiances.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

I agree there pathetic.

I disagree with this.

Sweeping comments such as this lead to reflexive criticism of good ideas and support of bad ideas."

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

.unfortunately now expect to see R statistic to go up, as people ignore government advice, as it is not credible.

Civil revolt / anarchy on the cards

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Lets hope as well that all those photographers and reporters who were harangueing Cummings and plainly not respecting social distancing also lose their jobs.

"Lets hope as well that all those photographers and reporters who were harangueing Cummings and plainly not respecting social distancing also lose their jobs."

They didn't have any fridges to ensure the appropriate distance

Sale

".unfortunately now expect to see R statistic to go up, as people ignore government advice, as it is not credible.

Civil revolt / anarchy on the cards"

Precisely...... political ideology is irrelevant in this case. The lack of clear, effective and honest leadership is the most damaging aspect and as a result will dilute societies desire to remain locked down quicker than ever.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

He will go, the calls from other tories are only going to continue as this runs and that's the balance that boris will go by..

The reflection upon himself will outweigh any loyalty, and we are talking about a guy not known for loyalty to others who is self serving so he will chop cummings with a view to bringing him back later..

"Lets hope as well that all those photographers and reporters who were harangueing Cummings and plainly not respecting social distancing also lose their jobs."

Yes hypercritical scum , got to get their money shot in no matter how

Then thousands of parents have been negligent and done the wrong thing.

Thousands of people should have criss-crossed the country to stay with vulnerable grandparents in case they suspected that they had the virus and needed childcare. In fact if they were certain that they had the virus then they should definitely have made a long trip to stay with them.

Cummings should stay because none of the advice that he has formulated should be followed if you think that you shouldn't follow it.

Impeccable logic "

Bad parent here.

I have had to leave my 3 kids home on their own for the past 2 month, in the care of the eldest who is 14, to go to work in a care home as I have been unable to take them to my parents to be cared for, even though they are under 60 and live less than a mile away, as it was a government order not to move between households. There were no exceptions made for childcare. I didn't know the rules were open for us to bend as we pleased to suit our own circumstances, that was never announced to the public anyway