FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > School

School

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ightmyfire OP   Man  over a year ago

beccles

We are key workers , but decided to take kids out of school as we could share looking after them at home..

In June I have a full on job that means I'm needed to work nearly everyday for roughly 8 weeks.so the kids will have to go to school and nursery

I'm really not keen on this as my decision was take kids out of school to take care of them...I dont feel the virus is less of a threat now than it was before lockdown.

The dilemma is do I now risk health for money?

Is money really more important.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ral DMan  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Ive chose to take mine out of school and they wont be going back untill kids at Eton etc go back and parliament are all in. This government is pushing herd immunity through the back door, using our kids as Guinea pigs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I dont have kids but if i did i wouldnt be sending them back.

And thats not because I'm scared i think they might get this virus because i honestly don't think they would.

But becsuse of the stupid restrictions of having them sit in a little box and can not leave their space or go play with their friends.

It would be a horrible environment for any young child to be in.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

The children are not at risk from the virus so they are perfectly safe going to school.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"The children are not at risk from the virus so they are perfectly safe going to school."

Perfectly healthy children have died unfortunately.

Whilst parliament refuse to sit because of concerns about social distancing, and whilst children have to be in isolated bubbles, unable to touch their friends, we've seen kids at play, I wouldn't be sending my kids back.

By *osco78Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Mine will be going initially ,school has a sensible programme in place and he wants to go, I think a lot of us grown ups are forgetting how hard it's been on our mini people not seeing there friends , there more aware of what's going off than we can ever shield them from.

beccles

"The children are not at risk from the virus so they are perfectly safe going to school.

Whilst parliament refuse to sit because of concerns about social distancing, and whilst children have to be in isolated bubbles, unable to touch their friends, we've seen kids at play, I wouldn't be sending my kids back."

beccles

The job is almost half my yearly income..I have absolutely no idea what to do

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Ive chose to take mine out of school and they wont be going back untill kids at Eton etc go back and parliament are all in. This government is pushing herd immunity through the back door, using our kids as Guinea pigs."

i thought the torys have already vored to go back aint they waiting for the other partys to decide if there gona go back? am sure i read somewhere

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"The job is almost half my yearly income..I have absolutely no idea what to do"
my grandkids have been in school now for weeks. They have been much happier although the new handwashing song is super annoying x

beccles

"The job is almost half my yearly income..I have absolutely no idea what to do my grandkids have been in school now for weeks. They have been much happier although the new handwashing song is super annoying x "

That's the thing..is it harming them other ways by leaving them off

Children are at lower risk than adults, so sending secondary children back with social distancing minimises risks to themselves AND their teachers (and families back at home).

With the younger children, it's a different ball game which means a higher risk to their teachers and families at home.

If I had children at home I'd have no qualms sending older ones back. With younger ones the benefits may outweigh the risks to them but not to others.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Only you can make that decision.

I go back to work on the 1st and mine will be in school, I've talked at length with the teacher and roleplay at home how it will be in the classroom and they will be outside as often as possible, we are both happy and prepared to go forward

By *penfire2000Couple  over a year ago

hampshire

"Children are at lower risk than adults, so sending secondary children back with social distancing minimises risks to themselves AND their teachers (and families back at home).

With the younger children, it's a different ball game which means a higher risk to their teachers and families at home.

If I had children at home I'd have no qualms sending older ones back. With younger ones the benefits may outweigh the risks to them but not to others.

"

They don't socially distance...they forget! I spend half of my time shouting ' two metres!'

I am going back in June but I'm not sending my yr10 child in.

The 1st of June is too soon with current infection levels as it risks staff, parents and the wider community getting it. The individual risk is fairly low but multiplied across thousands of schools means a big risk overall.

As has also been said, primary schools aren't going to be the same. Small groups, removing of soft toys, being sat at desks told to stay apart. I worry some school environments may risk childrens mental health.

On a positive it does get safer each week that passes. To be wider School reopening should only take place after a few more weeks and once a test, track and trace programme is successfully in place.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"We are key workers , but decided to take kids out of school as we could share looking after them at home..

In June I have a full on job that means I'm needed to work nearly everyday for roughly 8 weeks.so the kids will have to go to school and nursery

I'm really not keen on this as my decision was take kids out of school to take care of them...I dont feel the virus is less of a threat now than it was before lockdown.

"

Is that a serious question?

How much are yours and your childrens health worth!

beccles

"We are key workers , but decided to take kids out of school as we could share looking after them at home..

How much are yours and your childrens health worth!"

Serious question as in sadly the world we live in pretty much revolves around money

By *ral DMan  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Ive chose to take mine out of school and they wont be going back untill kids at Eton etc go back and parliament are all in. This government is pushing herd immunity through the back door, using our kids as Guinea pigs.

i thought the torys have already vored to go back aint they waiting for the other partys to decide if there gona go back? am sure i read somewhere"

No Reese Mog wants them to go back but thats so he can help protect a failing Bojo, as hes being eaten alive without his crownies behind him for support. Kier Starmer is destroying the few on the Tory Bench as non of them have a clue what they are doing and constantly contradict themselves.

south coast

Serious question as in sadly the world we live in pretty much revolves around money"

Oh ffs. Money over your children. How sad.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Teachers should be tested before returning to teach in schools ...

canterbury

Serious question as in sadly the world we live in pretty much revolves around money

Oh ffs. Money over your children. How sad."

yes but ....if u don't earn you don't eat ...if you don't eat u don't shit if you don't shit you die ....choices x

Money over your children?! You have a Fundamentally poor knowledge of this virus it’s risks and transition. Get a better understanding before you make such asinine comments.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Oh ffs. Money over your children. How sad."

Clearly not a clue

Oh ffs. Money over your children. How sad.

Clearly not a clue "

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Is the job something you can turn down? IE self employed?

If it is and I had kept my children at home for the reasons you say then money wouldn't be an issue for me.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The job is almost half my yearly income..I have absolutely no idea what to do"

Money isn't everything

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I'd say it's more high risk taking your children to the shop! Or even you going to the shop and having the kids come in to contact with you once home.

At least you know the school will be implementing and enforcing measures to minimise risk.

If you're that concerned then talk to your children's school.

canterbury

So how long are you going to keep ya kids off for ....???

Falkirk

End of the day its the OPs decision to make.

If schools are prepared to take the children back, then the relevant precautions will be put in place.

"The children are not at risk from the virus so they are perfectly safe going to school.

Whilst parliament refuse to sit because of concerns about social distancing, and whilst children have to be in isolated bubbles, unable to touch their friends, we've seen kids at play, I wouldn't be sending my kids back."

Actually you can't guarantee perfectly healthy children as no post mortems are taking place and unbeknown to everyone, they could have underlying health issues.

Personally I think the major decision is lack of education for lots of children. Plus, if it goes on much longer, there will be mass unemployment and where will we be then?

There's already schools that have been open for key workers including front line and there's no massive hot spots in the schools.

The government has suggested 2 out of 6 years going back providing the R rate doesn't increase sharply. They could half the number of children in both years and still have 2 spare classrooms available.

The reason the teachers are up in arms is because the government didn't consult the teachers unions and they've admitted they want to punish the government. How bloody petty is that especially as they are getting furlough pay.

Ok, wait till next year and then no half term, full terms until the loss of education is caught up. Say next 5 years, no time off. Don't whinge about parents lack of holidays as most will not have jobs if the lock down isn't eased

That’s far from the truth. Read what has been said.

No known health issues.

south coast

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 13:12:12]

Tonbridge

"End of the day its the OPs decision to make.

If schools are prepared to take the children back, then the relevant precautions will be put in place.

"

Not really, education is compulsory. If the school is open then there are fines for not attending. Unless the government is saying that missing school is not such an issue after all and they can repay all the fines they levied for non-attendance.

beccles

"Is the job something you can turn down? IE self employed?

If it is and I had kept my children at home for the reasons you say then money wouldn't be an issue for me. "

Yes self employed . I would never make the money up the rest of the year

south coast

"Money over your children?! You have a Fundamentally poor knowledge of this virus it’s risks and transition. Get a better understanding before you make such asinine comments. "

I didnt ask the question, what should i chose, money or my kids health.

By *penfire2000Couple  over a year ago

hampshire

Whilst parliament refuse to sit because of concerns about social distancing, and whilst children have to be in isolated bubbles, unable to touch their friends, we've seen kids at play, I wouldn't be sending my kids back.

Actually you can't guarantee perfectly healthy children as no post mortems are taking place and unbeknown to everyone, they could have underlying health issues.

Personally I think the major decision is lack of education for lots of children. Plus, if it goes on much longer, there will be mass unemployment and where will we be then?

There's already schools that have been open for key workers including front line and there's no massive hot spots in the schools.

The government has suggested 2 out of 6 years going back providing the R rate doesn't increase sharply. They could half the number of children in both years and still have 2 spare classrooms available.

The reason the teachers are up in arms is because the government didn't consult the teachers unions and they've admitted they want to punish the government. How bloody petty is that especially as they are getting furlough pay.

Ok, wait till next year and then no half term, full terms until the loss of education is caught up. Say next 5 years, no time off. Don't whinge about parents lack of holidays as most will not have jobs if the lock down isn't eased "

We had 6 children in for keyworker class initially. It has now increased to over 30. No hotspot because the provision isn't the same as a usual secondary of a 1000 plus students.

We are not 'angry' about not being consulted. You need to read the guidance to see why the unions are asking for the 5 tests to be met.

No PPE or masks for anyone.

No temperature checking needed.

No social distancing required.

Groups split into classes of 15 so not even teaching our own students most of the time.

No tracing system established as yet.

Also, we aren't on furlough, we are still setting work from home and teaching online. We have to chase students who aren't working and speak to their parents.

I'm not sure why people want to shame teachers in public. We look after your most precious people and do our absolute best for them. I love my job but the constant teacher bashing can be hard to take.

beccles

"Money over your children?! You have a Fundamentally poor knowledge of this virus it’s risks and transition. Get a better understanding before you make such asinine comments.

I didnt ask the question, what should i chose, money or my kids health. "

Obviously it's not that simple.

My risk of virus due to work is relatively low.

If I start job in June I will be with lots more people. Which means risk will be higher...plus putting kids back will put them at higher risk too

I am saying the risk to the children is low. So for someone to say you are putting money of your kids health or however it was phrased is ridiculous.

Falkirk

Not really, education is compulsory. If the school is open then there are fines for not attending. Unless the government is saying that missing school is not such an issue after all and they can repay all the fines they levied for non-attendance."

Again that is the OP's decision to make.

This was brought up in a previous post with many parents saying there were not sending thier kids back even if the schools did open in June.

It will be the parent's decision at the end of the day.

beccles

To a point that's what I feel I will be doing

By *ariehotwifeCouple  over a year ago

leeds

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 13:35:34]

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

Not really, education is compulsory. If the school is open then there are fines for not attending. Unless the government is saying that missing school is not such an issue after all and they can repay all the fines they levied for non-attendance."

It has been said, those allowed back in June, will not be fined if they are not sent back .

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

School is not compulsory at this time,the government have already said there will be no fines,if you choose not to send your children back,which in a way will help with overcrowding/able to social distance

There are not enough schools as it is,some are oversubscribed,so having full attendance of all children will be a dilemma,halving classes is not practical there is no room to put the other 15 children into a different classroom or will there be loads of pop up classes arriving in school playgrounds?

"The children are not at risk from the virus so they are perfectly safe going to school."

Can still get the virus and infect parents.

Tonbridge

Can still get the virus and infect parents."

WHO have said they have not found a single case of a child under 10 infecting an adult with all the contact tracing that has been done.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Health over wealth.

If I had kids in the key yr groups apart from yr 6 I wouldn't be sending mine in.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

That’s not strictly correct though is it?

WHO have said they have not found a single case of a child under 10 infecting an adult with all the contact tracing that has been done."

Every scientific expert has they they still do not know how much virus children can shed.

Tonbridge

It's a world of contrasts when you have some parents who are prepared to scrimp and save the £20k a year to get their children a private education and at the other end you get parents who are happy for the kids to stay at home all day playing video games because of media scaremongering and the inability to assess risk.

WHO have said they have not found a single case of a child under 10 infecting an adult with all the contact tracing that has been done."

My kids are 13 and 15

Tonbridge

WHO have said they have not found a single case of a child under 10 infecting an adult with all the contact tracing that has been done.

My kids are 13 and 15 "

I'm guessing then that the risk will rise from zero to practically fuck all.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Ok, wait till next year and then no half term, full terms until the loss of education is caught up. Say next 5 years, no time off. Don't whinge about parents lack of holidays as most will not have jobs if the lock down isn't eased

We had 6 children in for keyworker class initially. It has now increased to over 30. No hotspot because the provision isn't the same as a usual secondary of a 1000 plus students.

We are not 'angry' about not being consulted. You need to read the guidance to see why the unions are asking for the 5 tests to be met.

Groups split into classes of 15 so not even teaching our own students most of the time.

Also, we aren't on furlough, we are still setting work from home and teaching online. We have to chase students who aren't working and speak to their parents.

I'm not sure why people want to shame teachers in public. We look after your most precious people and do our absolute best for them. I love my job but the constant teacher bashing can be hard to take. "

Especially as it appears *some* parents just want to get shot of their children: let them be someone else's responsibility.

It's also annoying people slagging those on furlough off: talking about free money. They assume you're not paying tax and national insurance or worried sick and envious of those not on furlough, because the reality is there probably won't be a job to return to.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 15:40:58]

South

My kids are 13 and 15

I'm guessing then that the risk will rise from zero to practically fuck all."

I know of 7 cases personally just from keyworker and vulnerable children in

South

"It's a world of contrasts when you have some parents who are prepared to scrimp and save the £20k a year to get their children a private education and at the other end you get parents who are happy for the kids to stay at home all day playing video games because of media scaremongering and the inability to assess risk."

And the opinion of hundreds of thousands of teachers on the ground having seen these plans and won’t be going back? Or don’t those voices matter ....

South

Every scientific expert has they they still do not know how much virus children can shed. "

Absolutely ... no evidence of transmission isn’t the same as evidence of no transmission.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Ive chose to take mine out of school and they wont be going back untill kids at Eton etc go back and parliament are all in. This government is pushing herd immunity through the back door, using our kids as Guinea pigs.

i thought the torys have already vored to go back aint they waiting for the other partys to decide if there gona go back? am sure i read somewhere"

Is that how it works now?

Can we just vote to not have lockdown anymore?

Are we back to being tired of experts?

South

"I am saying the risk to the children is low. So for someone to say you are putting money of your kids health or however it was phrased is ridiculous."

Depends if you value the lives of staff and families children are coming home to

South

I Think you need to update your knowledge on this subject - no fines and no curriculum Teaching required

South

And the staff? And the families and siblings they return home too? The families of staff members?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"

I think you're right in that the virus has not "gone away". A second wave is possible.

Children do appear to have lower instances of serious symptoms, but they are not at lower risk of infection and the jury is very much still out on if they are any less infectious than anyone else.

This does not mean that all children will be fine of course. Like vaccination there is a tiny risk.

The risk is not so much to your children, it's to society in general with respect to test, track and trace not being anywhere near at the levels that are necessary.

My best advice is to try to read information from scientific publications rather than newspapers or random sources on YouTube, Facebook or Fab

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

It’s a personal choice and I don’t think people should be judged it commented on there are plus/neg for both

There is plenty of evidence about the way CV affects kids

But don’t forget staying at home cost lives as well there was the horrendous sad case of a 17year old who took there own life because of the exam situation and another poor child had a cycling accident when they would of normally been in school currently in critical care but bleak outlook.

South

"It’s a personal choice and I don’t think people should be judged it commented on there are plus/neg for both

But don’t forget staying at home cost lives as well there was the horrendous sad case of a 17year old who took there own life because of the exam situation and another poor child had a cycling accident when they would of normally been in school currently in critical care but bleak outlook.

"

Those poor children would not be in the ages groups identified for a return next week anyway. I think the comparison is poor as school as we know it isn’t within the provision- no social interactions no playing with friends no groups work no curriculum following - a five year old if they fall they’re being encouraged to wipe their own scrapes and if they cry teachers cannot touch them- you tell me what’s better for their mental health?

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

"It’s a personal choice and I don’t think people should be judged it commented on there are plus/neg for both

Those poor children would not be in the ages groups identified for a return next week anyway. I think the comparison is poor as school as we know it isn’t within the provision- no social interactions no playing with friends no groups work no curriculum following - a five year old if they fall they’re being encouraged to wipe their own scrapes and if they cry teachers cannot touch them- you tell me what’s better for their mental health? "

You know your child best some would be quite happy to be left to there own devices some couldn’t cope every child’s different

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Those poor children would not be in the ages groups identified for a return next week anyway. I think the comparison is poor as school as we know it isn’t within the provision- no social interactions no playing with friends no groups work no curriculum following - a five year old if they fall they’re being encouraged to wipe their own scrapes and if they cry teachers cannot touch them- you tell me what’s better for their mental health?

You know your child best some would be quite happy to be left to there own devices some couldn’t cope every child’s different "

Exactly this.

South

You know your child best some would be quite happy to be left to there own devices some couldn’t cope every child’s different "

Yes but it is essential that every parent knows exactly what they’re sending their child back to and how that will affect their mental health. No child is being left to their own devices in primary school teachers are setting and marking lessons, talking to parents and kids and working longer hours now than before. I don’t think any parent would want their child sent back under current provision guidelines would they?

And the staff? And the families and siblings they return home too? The families of staff members? "

The net is spread wide.

Children aren't good at social distancing. That's just the nature of how they are.

Is there even enough space for kids to be two metres apart in the classroom?

South

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 16:46:59]

South

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 16:46:56]

South

And the staff? And the families and siblings they return home too? The families of staff members?

The net is spread wide.

Children aren't good at social distancing. That's just the nature of how they are.

Is there even enough space for kids to be two metres apart in the classroom? "

Not a chance could they fit 15 in ..., the best guess is 6 at a push in most classes based on current room requirements. 2 sinks for 60 pupils too ....

canterbury

Bloody hell almost spat out my pimms ....someone mentioned experts ....does the world not know the only true experts on everything are here on fab

"Bloody hell almost spat out my pimms ....someone mentioned experts ....does the world not know the only true experts on everything are here on fab "

"Expert: A person who is very knowledgeable about or skilful in a particular area."

These seem like people we should be listening to, not ridiculing.

Falkirk

So the announcement today stated that schools WILL start to open from the beginning of June.

"Bloody hell almost spat out my pimms ....someone mentioned experts ....does the world not know the only true experts on everything are here on fab "

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Tell that to the parents of the 12 year old who's just died in our local hospital.

South

Tell that to the parents of the 12 year old who's just died in our local hospital. "

By *yspicysalsaCouple  over a year ago

NW Londom

Tell that to the parents of the 12 year old who's just died in our local hospital. . "

Or to the child who’s passed it on to his parent or grand parent that’s just died.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Since according to boris the law is now based on instinct it will be our instinct not to send our kids to school on the 1st of june.

The net is spread wide.

Is there even enough space for kids to be two metres apart in the classroom? "

It’s accepted in primary schools that social distancing should ‘be observed where you can’ because they know you can’t. The 2m doesn’t apply in primary schools.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My friend who I spoke to earlier has been working in a primary school tbroughout all of this. She said social distancing doesn't exist

My 15 Yr old going back June.. Against my wishes but she's bored n mental health needed.. Grade A girl.. Misses friends.. I work.. All we can do is try.. If not happy she stops going but gcse Yr important long term.. Plus off school for 6 wks...

My kids are 13 and 15

I'm guessing then that the risk will rise from zero to practically fuck all."

I’m sure me and my kids will survive,but not sure about you

"

100% agree, I think everyone should do what is right for them.

If they want to keep their child off and homeschool - fab.

If they want to send them in - fab

Maybe less witch-hunting and more support for each other would be better.

Falkirk

100% agree, I think everyone should do what is right for them.

If they want to keep their child off and homeschool - fab.

If they want to send them in - fab

Maybe less witch-hunting and more support for each other would be better.

"

Agreed.

This is what happens when random people try to advise on things on an open forum.

You end up with split opinion and folks going off topic adding stories and scenarios that may or may not have happened.

Schools will start to re-open from the 1st of June. Its the parents choice if they decide to send that child/children back.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

And it's what happens when people on fab ask for advice on a decision only they can make.

High court of fab is in session

Falkirk

"And it's what happens when people on fab ask for advice on a decision only they can make.

High court of fab is in session"

How would rank the level of expertise? Most verifications, photograph's or post's lol.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Lets try and be accepting that other people can have an opinion without being sneered at, as that isn't what the forum is for

I'm not sure why people want to shame teachers in public. We look after your most precious people and do our absolute best for them. I love my job but the constant teacher bashing can be hard to take. "

By *randMrsNSA1978Couple  over a year ago

london

Not being funny, why? Are our kids Guinea pigs? No vaccine and you want us to send our kids to school. Its bad enough im a keyworker in the security feild and have to work and bring the dangers home ( i do take full precautions before entering our home). Lockdown should mean lockdown until they find a vaccine, which we as people would feel alot at ease knowing that there is a cure out there.

Just saying, my opinion. So please be nice

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

The snag with this is there will not be an effective vaccine for months/years/never. We can't stay locked down that long, the country will collapse. You have to balence risks. The risk to children is minimal, the risk to healthy adults is minimal. The risk of having no job and income is massive.

Incidentally, the biggest vector of transmission is probably supermarkets. Which have been open all the time. Social distancing is not really effective in them. How many parents who won't send their kids to school take them shopping?

South

The net is spread wide.

Is there even enough space for kids to be two metres apart in the classroom?

It’s accepted in primary schools that social distancing should ‘be observed where you can’ because they know you can’t. The 2m doesn’t apply in primary schools. "

So primary school teachers just have to suck it up?

South

"Since according to boris the law is now based on instinct it will be our instinct not to send our kids to school on the 1st of june. "

Exactly ...... my instinct is to drive hours to get to Scotland as my pm is trying to kill me. Political asylum in NZ maybe that’s an option.

South

"The snag with this is there will not be an effective vaccine for months/years/never. We can't stay locked down that long, the country will collapse. You have to balence risks. The risk to children is minimal, the risk to healthy adults is minimal. The risk of having no job and income is massive.

Incidentally, the biggest vector of transmission is probably supermarkets. Which have been open all the time. Social distancing is not really effective in them. How many parents who won't send their kids to school take them shopping?"

I think the issue is more that adults that work in schools aren’t being afforded the same protective measures as other industries are. There is more to it than - if you want to send your kids in so. Vulnerable groups of staff are being told to go in or don’t get paid. Education staff don’t get holidays that can be taken as is the option being given in other industries.

"The snag with this is there will not be an effective vaccine for months/years/never. We can't stay locked down that long, the country will collapse. You have to balence risks. The risk to children is minimal, the risk to healthy adults is minimal. The risk of having no job and income is massive.

Incidentally, the biggest vector of transmission is probably supermarkets. Which have been open all the time. Social distancing is not really effective in them. How many parents who won't send their kids to school take them shopping?

I think the issue is more that adults that work in schools aren’t being afforded the same protective measures as other industries are. There is more to it than - if you want to send your kids in so. Vulnerable groups of staff are being told to go in or don’t get paid. Education staff don’t get holidays that can be taken as is the option being given in other industries. "

South

And we need to remember a June 1st return means just 12 days school for each child .... 12 days ..... is it worth the risk with so much unknown? I know that September is different schools have to return to whatever is Happening and find new ways of working but all this risk for 12 days?

"And we need to remember a June 1st return means just 12 days school for each child .... 12 days ..... is it worth the risk with so much unknown? I know that September is different schools have to return to whatever is Happening and find new ways of working but all this risk for 12 days? "
how is it just 12 days

Schools dont break up till the end of July ?

South

"And we need to remember a June 1st return means just 12 days school for each child .... 12 days ..... is it worth the risk with so much unknown? I know that September is different schools have to return to whatever is Happening and find new ways of working but all this risk for 12 days? how is it just 12 days

Schools dont break up till the end of July ?"

Schools are having to rota children as they don’t have enough staff/ classrooms or cleaning staff so either 3 mornings or 2 full days a week - 12 days maximum before schools break up in July.

South

"And we need to remember a June 1st return means just 12 days school for each child .... 12 days ..... is it worth the risk with so much unknown? I know that September is different schools have to return to whatever is Happening and find new ways of working but all this risk for 12 days? how is it just 12 days

Schools dont break up till the end of July ?"

Possibly 14 depending on when particular school breaks up and how many children... for classes of 30 plus then 3 bubbles are required so maybe 1 session out of every 3.

You know your child best some would be quite happy to be left to there own devices some couldn’t cope every child’s different

Yes but it is essential that every parent knows exactly what they’re sending their child back to and how that will affect their mental health. No child is being left to their own devices in primary school teachers are setting and marking lessons, talking to parents and kids and working longer hours now than before. I don’t think any parent would want their child sent back under current provision guidelines would they? "

i think you might be misled to believe that because of your own experience but i think its very much a post ode lottery how much interaction there is between teacher and pupil

i even know a teacher with a room mate also a teacher at another school in same local authority and one is working at home every day trying to get through screeds of stuff and the other was told do some cpd, its a stressful enough time

South

Yes but it is essential that every parent knows exactly what they’re sending their child back to and how that will affect their mental health. No child is being left to their own devices in primary school teachers are setting and marking lessons, talking to parents and kids and working longer hours now than before. I don’t think any parent would want their child sent back under current provision guidelines would they?

i think you might be misled to believe that because of your own experience but i think its very much a post ode lottery how much interaction there is between teacher and pupil

i even know a teacher with a room mate also a teacher at another school in same local authority and one is working at home every day trying to get through screeds of stuff and the other was told do some cpd, its a stressful enough time "

I don’t know of any teacher or school that has told teaxjers to do CPD - who is setting work for the children? LSA yes they’re doing CPD as there is little they can do but not teachers - if that is the case then the school isn’t providing support for the children and should be addressed. This has no affect on the wider opening of schools .. there is no data as children haven’t been in that’s like Patel saying shop lifting is down .....

i wasnt talking about the reopening of schools, was expanding on your comments about how much teachers are doing from home ... it completely differs from school to school

i have a niece getting one on one facetime with teacher for a short time every week, and a friend who is a teacher and has only been working when called in to support the hub

Falkirk

Well one thing is for certain i won't be taking the advice from randoms on a swingers site.

[Removed by poster at 25/05/20 18:37:35]

"Well one thing is for certain i won't be taking the advice from randoms on a swingers site. "

to be fair the op directly asked for advice on a swing site forum

Falkirk

"Well one thing is for certain i won't be taking the advice from randoms on a swingers site.

to be fair the op directly asked for advice on a swing site forum "

Your right he did. The barrage of advice from everyone is just overwhelming.

As someone has put it his decision whatever chooses.

South

"Well one thing is for certain i won't be taking the advice from randoms on a swingers site.

to be fair the op directly asked for advice on a swing site forum "

Falkirk

Well I feel for the OP. Nothing worse than someone telling you how to parent your own kids.

My kids school are getting ready to accept the kids back. The have posted on the school WhatsApp group all the precautions that will be in place and how's it going to work.

"Well I feel for the OP. Nothing worse than someone telling you how to parent your own kids.

My kids school are getting ready to accept the kids back. The have posted on the school WhatsApp group all the precautions that will be in place and how's it going to work.

"

yeah my granddaughters school has been doing something similar. Although they have had about 60 pupils in the whole time. Doesnt seem quite as hostile as some feared. They have reassured parents that the kids mental and physical wellbeing will be taken care of.

Falkirk

"Well I feel for the OP. Nothing worse than someone telling you how to parent your own kids.

yeah my granddaughters school has been doing something similar. Although they have had about 60 pupils in the whole time. Doesnt seem quite as hostile as some feared. They have reassured parents that the kids mental and physical wellbeing will be taken care of. "

The kids school have been absolutely fantastic through all of this, with learning programmes put in place after the first week.

I fully support the decision of the school to re-open and hope they can operate successfully.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Pointless sending them back now unless school is just being used as a babysitter while parents go to work.

It's nearly the end of term. They're not going to be recieving the kind of education they would have been getting due to the split classes and the fact not all kids are going back.

The restrictions will make it difficult for them, to socialise with friends.

Might as well just wait and go back in September.

» Add a new message to this topic