FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > If Cummings doesn’t go 2

If Cummings doesn’t go 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *llaboutthelady OP   Man  over a year ago

Wakefield

I can’t post on the last thread, too big, but it’s fizzing my wizz.

I think cut the guy some slack.

I’m a key worker, my wife is very front line NHS. Our eldest can just stay home an look after herself to some extent, our youngest has had to go to school throughout lockdown.

We have the luxury of living on the same street as my parents and within a mile of my wife’s parents - who have both still been in contact with us as they are primary carers for our kids.

Without them, my wife would not have been able to go to work and co-ordinate the NHS services that the public need and expect.

The rules allowed for people to be in contact with primary carers. The rules also stated 2m where possible, and lots of other stuff. Do you really think key workers (NHS or not) observed 2m at all times?

This guy - a front line advisor to the government, moved his family close to his parents for support - at a time when schools and nurseries were closed, the infection and death rate was sky high and his wife was infected. I’m sure he didn’t decide to make the trip without having a chat with his folks either.

There are threads on the forum about parents concerned about sending their kids back to school in June, this was weeks ago, what was he meant to do?

I call that a husband and father doing what he needs to do to look after his pack myself, but I’m just a working class Yorkshire lad who would have done the same thing.

I’m no fan of the government, but I really don’t see this in the same way as many of you do.

He’s just a husband & dad doing what he thought was best for his family - whilst looking Covid-19 straight in the eyes.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I agree, take the government advice as guidance and then do what is right for me and my family.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I can’t post on the last thread, too big, but it’s fizzing my wizz.

I’m a key worker, my wife is very front line NHS. Our eldest can just stay home an look after herself to some extent, our youngest has had to go to school throughout lockdown.

We have the luxury of living on the same street as my parents and within a mile of my wife’s parents - who have both still been in contact with us as they are primary carers for our kids.

Without them, my wife would not have been able to go to work and co-ordinate the NHS services that the public need and expect.

The rules allowed for people to be in contact with primary carers. The rules also stated 2m where possible, and lots of other stuff. Do you really think key workers (NHS or not) observed 2m at all times?

This guy - a front line advisor to the government, moved his family close to his parents for support - at a time when schools and nurseries were closed, the infection and death rate was sky high and his wife was infected. I’m sure he didn’t decide to make the trip without having a chat with his folks either.

There are threads on the forum about parents concerned about sending their kids back to school in June, this was weeks ago, what was he meant to do?

I call that a husband and father doing what he needs to do to look after his pack myself, but I’m just a working class Yorkshire lad who would have done the same thing.

I’m no fan of the government, but I really don’t see this in the same way as many of you do.

He’s just a husband & dad doing what he thought was best for his family - whilst looking Covid-19 straight in the eyes.

"

I agree

"

You do realise you’ll be shot by the Fab politicians for talking sense

Excellent post

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think you are about to find out the "visit no.2" story is about to blow the "visit.no.1" excuse out of the water....

a sky news reporter is confirming on twitter that it WAS dominic cummings car at Barnard Castle......

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

The keyboard warriors wont think so.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I'm assuming Boris knows the complete chronology of the visits and still chose to back him.

"i think you are about to find out the "visit no.2" story is about to blow the "visit.no.1" excuse out of the water....

a sky news reporter is confirming on twitter that it WAS dominic cummings car at Barnard Castle...... "

Its over - done and dusted and the t-shirt is on its way to you.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"i think you are about to find out the "visit no.2" story is about to blow the "visit.no.1" excuse out of the water....

a sky news reporter is confirming on twitter that it WAS dominic cummings car at Barnard Castle...... "

And the evidence is where?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Whispers. (I would have done it as well for my family if it felt like the right thing to do at the time)

We are all human after all with the same worries. But I’m not involved in government.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Do you have the Twitter handle please, asked on the other thread but it's closed now

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"

It like to know the percentage of people calling for his head who are Red as opposed to Blue.

"

"The keyboard warriors wont think so. "

I think they are here *insert slow creepy music and heavy breathing*

"The keyboard warriors wont think so. "

I can see torches & pitchforks in the far distance

"I'm assuming Boris knows the complete chronology of the visits and still chose to back him."

Cummings told him to back him...and do it asap publicly is my guess...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

yes I agree. And it's been stated in many media places that the police have spoken to both him and his father... and there were no rules broken.

In the other cases they were.

I think this is a massive witch hunt. And actually Boris has surprised me by standing his ground over it. When the witch hunt is demanding blood.

I was watching a film earlier and in it a woman was apparently seen consorting with the devil...and as she was seen she was sentenced to the ducking stool.. If she drowned she was innocent.. if she survived she was guilty and would be killed.

This reminds me of many peoples attitudes right now x

Is this fab ?

a sky news reporter is confirming on twitter that it WAS dominic cummings car at Barnard Castle......

And the evidence is where?"

According to the news - 'Someone who thought they looked like Mr Cummings' No Photos. jst 'Thought they looked like him.#'.

By *hocolateRodMan  over a year ago

London and over UK

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:32:15]

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

You hoping _abio? bet your loving this the man who put the final nail in the remain coffin on the rack.As i said before i dont believe every tom,dick and harry who post on twitter and faceache i would much prefer to rely on facts.

North Bucks

"Is this fab ? "

You think this is bad head lower to the politics section. It’s full of cognitive dissonance these days but used to be fun.

"The keyboard warriors wont think so.

I can see torches & pitchforks in the far distance "

North Bucks

According to the news - 'Someone who thought they looked like Mr Cummings' No Photos. jst 'Thought they looked like him.#'."

Is that the sound of a barrel being scraped?

Burn him with fire!!!!!!

According to the news - 'Someone who thought they looked like Mr Cummings' No Photos. jst 'Thought they looked like him.#'."

Precisely.

near ipswich

It like to know the percentage of people calling for his head who are Red as opposed to Blue."

I think its more like remain or leave rather than red or blue.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am going to have a guess at cctv combined with anpr.... licence plates don't lie...

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

yes I agree. And it's been stated in many media places that the police have spoken to both him and his father... and there were no rules broken.

In the other cases they were.

I think this is a massive witch hunt. And actually Boris has surprised me by standing his ground over it. When the witch hunt is demanding blood.

I was watching a film earlier and in it a woman was apparently seen consorting with the devil...and as she was seen she was sentenced to the ducking stool.. If she drowned she was innocent.. if she survived she was guilty and would be killed.

This reminds me of many peoples attitudes right now x "

This. ^^

London and over UK

There was a boy who died of the virus. His parents followed the rules and didnt go to his funeral Clearly, they were mugs and fools. But I am with the you. Rules are for fools. Follow Boris and Dom - tell everyone else to follow the rules (parents of dead children, the poor) and then do what you want. More fool them ! You’re welcome...

North Bucks

i am going to have a guess at cctv combined with anpr.... licence plates don't lie... "

You know what happens when you predict and guess now Fabio.

Now why didn’t someone take a pic of the toad when he was shopping to really nail him.

North Bucks

"There was a boy who died of the virus. His parents followed the rules and didnt go to his funeral Clearly, they were mugs and fools. But I am with the you. Rules are for fools. Follow Boris and Dom - tell everyone else to follow the rules (parents of dead children, the poor) and then do what you want. More fool them ! You’re welcome..."

Why wasn’t they allowed to the funeral? That’s seems a little unfair as they let 8 people go.

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

He broke the rules. It's likely that he was infected by his wife when they were in the car. Seems pretty stupid to me. Very disrespectful to the public that have suffered big time losing family members. The single parents that have had to not see their children. You can't justify this

Plenty have broken the rules had fines. Government workers have resigned due to breaking the rules.

According to the news - 'Someone who thought they looked like Mr Cummings' No Photos. jst 'Thought they looked like him.#'.

Is that the sound of a barrel being scraped?

Burn him with fire!!!!!! "

Turning into Monty python theme

If there is no actual evidence... would people still be happy to be throwing this at him..... and let's face it there are cameras everywhere if they really want to check...

If it's really just the 1st incidence that was within the allowed exceptions... then I think we need to concentrate

Although its distracting from the fact that we are suffering that low a level of infections now that the vaccine may not be viable

Twitter is no better than FaceBook. Just another opinion on a social media platform that is just someone elses opinion. Not the word of the Almighty or anyone even remotely of the ilk. Believe it or don't believe it at any given moment given the shape and colour of your politics in that very second that you read it.

"

Exactly this

The general public seem to have accepted that schools have been open for key workers

But schools are only open 9-3

Have they been open 24/7 to accommodate nurses children?

Of course they havent!!

So what have key workers been doing with their children over the last few months?

Those that have had help from extended family. Should they be sacked too?

near ipswich

"There was a boy who died of the virus. His parents followed the rules and didnt go to his funeral Clearly, they were mugs and fools. But I am with the you. Rules are for fools. Follow Boris and Dom - tell everyone else to follow the rules (parents of dead children, the poor) and then do what you want. More fool them ! You’re welcome...

Why wasn’t they allowed to the funeral? That’s seems a little unfair as they let 8 people go. "

That depends on the local authority some let more than 8 some less.

"There was a boy who died of the virus. His parents followed the rules and didnt go to his funeral Clearly, they were mugs and fools. But I am with the you. Rules are for fools. Follow Boris and Dom - tell everyone else to follow the rules (parents of dead children, the poor) and then do what you want. More fool them ! You’re welcome..."
if its the case I'm thinking of they had symptoms themselves.. that's why they didnt go.

It like to know the percentage of people calling for his head who are Red as opposed to Blue.I think its more like remain or leave rather than red or blue."

I'm leave, so does that mean I should support the flouting of the rules by DC?

I dont do politics in general but I am pretty disgusted by this whole thing. Thousands upon thousands of 'good' parents would have done the right thing by their family only it was expressly forbidden. Bad, bad, bad decision

North Bucks

"There was a boy who died of the virus. His parents followed the rules and didnt go to his funeral Clearly, they were mugs and fools. But I am with the you. Rules are for fools. Follow Boris and Dom - tell everyone else to follow the rules (parents of dead children, the poor) and then do what you want. More fool them ! You’re welcome...

Why wasn’t they allowed to the funeral? That’s seems a little unfair as they let 8 people go. That depends on the local authority some let more than 8 some less."

Are they really so cruel as to not let anyone at all?

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:40:26]

By *unscot44Man  over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

The thing is that the PM & Govt have brought this anger on themselves. If Mr Cummings had an ounce of humility he could have given an address yesterday saying he apologised for not following the Govt's own rules and that he could understand people's anger, but given his reasons why he took his actions however misguided.

But by taking the approach of "I Don't care how it looks" and "I have done nothing wrong" , then the whole cabinet and PM basically rewriting lockdown rules to apply to Mr Cummings it has become farcical.

The Govt, Mr Cummings & PM have lost massive credibility over this which could have been avoided by a bit of humilty which sadly they are lacking.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I dont do politics in general but I am pretty disgusted by this whole thing. Thousands upon thousands of 'good' parents would have done the right thing by their family only it was expressly forbidden. Bad, bad, bad decision "

It wasn't forbidden.

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

Wasn't he isolating because he had symptoms of the virus? I feel like I can't cut him any slack because there plenty of parents who've had to rely on neighbours or ask family to look after their kids due to showing symptoms but they didn't go on a 250 mile round trip to their parents house. They followed guidelines issued by the Government. I get the whole looking after his family bit but of the rest of the country can follow the advice then he should too.

i am going to have a guess at cctv combined with anpr.... licence plates don't lie... "

To me the subsequent trips are irrelevant, but proof will shut up some of the posters here.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:41:17]

Cummings must have some serious dirt on some big players. He is bulletproof.

That being said, if the childcare/illness situation was as has been described, I’d have probably done the same.

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... i'll put up dan hodges who is political editor at the mail.....

and remember this is suppose to be the defence.... dan has been defending cummings on twitter!

"So I'm told this is what happened. Cummings goes to the parents to isolate. Very ill. Recovers. Does 14 days. Does his daily exercise. Includes trip to Barnard Castle. Returns to London. No two trips."

North Bucks

"The thing is that the PM & Govt have brought this anger on themselves. If Mr Cummings had an ounce of humility he could have given an address yesterday saying he apologised for not following the Govt's own rules and that he could understand people's anger, but given his reasons why he took his actions however misguided.

But by taking the approach of "I Don't care how it looks" and "I have done nothing wrong" , then the whole cabinet and PM basically rewriting lockdown rules to apply to Mr Cummings it has become farcical.

The Govt, Mr Cummings & PM have lost massive credibility over this which could have been avoided by a bit of humilty which sadly they are lacking."

Mr Cummings and humility do not go hand in hand. See the 350 million NHS claim he made around Brexit time.

near ipswich

It like to know the percentage of people calling for his head who are Red as opposed to Blue.I think its more like remain or leave rather than red or blue.

I'm leave, so does that mean I should support the flouting of the rules by DC? "

Me too but have yet to see any evidence that he has broken any rules,if it turns out that he made a 2nd and 3rd visit then yes sack him but at the moment it is pure speculation and as far as i am aware you are still innocent in this country until proven guilty.

Dudley

i am going to have a guess at cctv combined with anpr.... licence plates don't lie...

To me the subsequent trips are irrelevant, but proof will shut up some of the posters here. "

I think most people have said that if there's proof of those other trips then he should resign. Nobody has defended those.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

It's the deceit and lies.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"okay... i'll put up dan hodges who is political editor at the mail.....

and remember this is suppose to be the defence.... dan has been defending cummings on twitter!

"So I'm told this is what happened. Cummings goes to the parents to isolate. Very ill. Recovers. Does 14 days. Does his daily exercise. Includes trip to Barnard Castle. Returns to London. No two trips."

"

IF that is true.... the distance between cumming's home in Durham and Bernard Castle is still the best part of 35 miles ish!..... at the height of the stay at home order!

Dudley

IF that is true.... the distance between cumming's home in Durham and Bernard Castle is still the best part of 35 miles ish!..... at the height of the stay at home order!"

So because you can't get him on the original allegations you're going to pick apart everything he does? Wouldn't that have been BEFORE they said you have to stay local for exercise?

I’m afraid you are wrong in this country it’s the other way round

near ipswich

IF that is true.... the distance between cumming's home in Durham and Bernard Castle is still the best part of 35 miles ish!..... at the height of the stay at home order!"

So now its down to travelling to far from home to exercise???????????

Just letting you know Boris is on fab - reading every word. Shush or clubs will never be allowed to open.

"Just letting you know Boris is on fab - reading every word. Shush or clubs will never be allowed to open. "

"I dont do politics in general but I am pretty disgusted by this whole thing. Thousands upon thousands of 'good' parents would have done the right thing by their family only it was expressly forbidden. Bad, bad, bad decision

It wasn't forbidden. "

We were told to stay at home were we not

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"If there is no actual evidence... would people still be happy to be throwing this at him..... and let's face it there are cameras everywhere if they really want to check...

If it's really just the 1st incidence that was within the allowed exceptions... then I think we need to concentrate

Although its distracting from the fact that we are suffering that low a level of infections now that the vaccine may not be viable "

Indeed with the amount of cameras about it should be easy to prove it beyond all doubt. Personally I would want to see this evidence before passing sentence. Not sure how many on here would be happy being sacked without any evidence of wrong doing. In a way the journalist's outside his house helped as they filmed themselves breaking the rules lol

Dudley

"I dont do politics in general but I am pretty disgusted by this whole thing. Thousands upon thousands of 'good' parents would have done the right thing by their family only it was expressly forbidden. Bad, bad, bad decision

It wasn't forbidden.

We were told to stay at home were we not"

There was a clause about certain issues that might require leaving home, childcare was one of those issues.

It wasn't forbidden.

There was a clause about certain issues that might require leaving home, childcare was one of those issues. "

Of which no childcare was sought as he was in a seperate house.

Both he and his wife were symptomatic with a novel virus- the rules are clear for those who are symptomatic- both should have London.

Cummings is vital to Boris, the Tories and Brexit - this is the real reason he is being defended by cabinet ministers.

The real question is how much damage this will inflict on the government if he stays.

enter location here

I'm sure he could have just sent his wife and child up to this house in Durham and cracked on with his isolation in his London home.

Would have made more "common sense".

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

There was a clause about certain issues that might require leaving home, childcare was one of those issues.

Of which no childcare was sought as he was in a seperate house. "

Because they didn't become unable to take care of him which is what they were concerned about.

Tell me, if you thought you were going to become too unwell to take care of your child, wouldn't you want to be close enough to someone who could?

Exactly this

The general public seem to have accepted that schools have been open for key workers

Of course they havent!!

So what have key workers been doing with their children over the last few months?

Those that have had help from extended family. Should they be sacked too?"

My children have stayed home on their own in the care of the eldest who is 14 for the past 2 months whilst I've gone to work in a care home. Government orders were not to move between households, there was no exception made for childcare, even though my parents are both under 60 and live in the same village.

By *llaboutthelady OP   Man  over a year ago

Wakefield

Oops

Just wanted to say my bit before my Chinese arrives.

By *usyatminMan  over a year ago

Wicklow, Wexford, Dublin and Carlow

Think everyone is missing the point... he is a wanker, sounds like one, acts like one. He is one arrogant prick.

Tag line.

Comeuppance required.

It wasn't forbidden.

There was a clause about certain issues that might require leaving home, childcare was one of those issues. "

Do you have a link to the childcare cause please??

Clause**

North Bucks

Mate of a mate of mate whose postman text them just saw DC drive screaming past them in his Range up the A1 blasting out Lynnrd Skynard Freebird.

What a bastard.

It wasn't forbidden.

We were told to stay at home were we not"

there were exemptions.. of which this was one that was allowed.. and many others are also making use of. How many grandparents will be looking after children when there are no other childcare provisions..

It wasn't forbidden.

Of which no childcare was sought as he was in a seperate house.

Because they didn't become unable to take care of him which is what they were concerned about.

Tell me, if you thought you were going to become too unwell to take care of your child, wouldn't you want to be close enough to someone who could?"

Everybody in the whole bloody country who was ill wanted to, but couldn't!

It like to know the percentage of people calling for his head who are Red as opposed to Blue.I think its more like remain or leave rather than red or blue.

I'm leave, so does that mean I should support the flouting of the rules by DC? Me too but have yet to see any evidence that he has broken any rules,if it turns out that he made a 2nd and 3rd visit then yes sack him but at the moment it is pure speculation and as far as i am aware you are still innocent in this country until proven guilty. "

Being in the public eye, you have to be beyond reproach. He flouted the rules. Rules that were never highlighted in the public briefings.

When the Scottish medical officer was "found guilty" here, I stated how she and her family could have gone from one home to another without risking anyone else (and they weren't in isolation). I understood why her resignation was imperative though. I see the same here. This travel was made with at least one person infected.

I believe DC should suffer the same consequences.

IF that is true.... the distance between cumming's home in Durham and Bernard Castle is still the best part of 35 miles ish!..... at the height of the stay at home order!So now its down to travelling to far from home to exercise???????????"

Yeah, 260 miles to exercise

"Mate of a mate of mate whose postman text them just saw DC drive screaming past them in his Range up the A1 blasting out Lynnrd Skynard Freebird.

What a bastard. "

It wasn't forbidden.

We were told to stay at home were we not there were exemptions.. of which this was one that was allowed.. and many others are also making use of. How many grandparents will be looking after children when there are no other childcare provisions.."

Was there an official exemption for mixing households for childcare as I don't recall one

It wasn't forbidden.

We were told to stay at home were we not there were exemptions.. of which this was one that was allowed.. and many others are also making use of. How many grandparents will be looking after children when there are no other childcare provisions.."

Us we took our 13 year old granddaughter in to protect her 6 month old and 2 year old sisters from contracting it.

"Think everyone is missing the point... he is a wanker, sounds like one, acts like one. He is one arrogant prick.

Tag line.

Comeuppance required. "

That is not the point whatsoever.

It wasn't forbidden.

But it was drilled into people they musnt see elderly relatives let alone leave them with children . Must not leave their house if symptomatic At All. If these clauses were there then they didnt let anyone else know about them.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Things got pretty tense on the run up to todays presser, BBC n Sky where running 5 minute sound bites on the hour every hour of the left and some rebels demaning Cummings GO TODAY!

However having tuned in all day I am very disappointed that they left out one of the major headline acts of all time

ANNA SOUBRY

I want a refund NOW!

It wasn't forbidden.

The only childcare issue highlighted in briefings, was NOT to use grandparents over 70.

milton keynes

"Mate of a mate of mate whose postman text them just saw DC drive screaming past them in his Range up the A1 blasting out Lynnrd Skynard Freebird.

What a bastard.

"

Has nobody thought what this mans role in the government is.Why has this just been brought light after 8 weeks.It has been brought to light by the government advisor so the people will think if he's not sticking to the rules why should I.They then go back to normal (Which is what government secretly want schools work ect) then second wave comes not thier fault result for government

Fact is, DC could run around Westminster licking doorknobs and he wouldn’t get disciplined. He is too important to the Government. I’ve never really understood why this is the case, but they aren’t going to let him go. Surprised they didn’t just push him into the background though, to appease the media if nothing else.

milton keynes

"Oops

Just wanted to say my bit before my Chinese arrives.

"

Hope you not ordered sweet and sour bat.

Last person to do that- well it didn't end well

I wont read anymore as I will get mad but firmly know I am in the bloody furious catergory and find the whole episode utterly indefensible (so there)

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

The guidance is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

It does not say it's ok to travel if you need childcare.

"He broke the rules. It's likely that he was infected by his wife when they were in the car. Seems pretty stupid to me. Very disrespectful to the public that have suffered big time losing family members. The single parents that have had to not see their children. You can't justify this

Plenty have broken the rules had fines. Government workers have resigned due to breaking the rules.

"

Single parents are allowed to see their children.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

This is the advice on this. How about reading it before offering an opinion?

Do highlight where you are free to drive across the country to stay with vulnerable grandparents in case you are worried that you might not be able to look after your child.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection#if-you-are-living-with-children

Stay at home: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection

Updated 18 May 2020

"Main messages

if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for at least 7 days from when your symptoms started. (The ending isolation section below has more information)

after 7 days, if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to continue to self-isolate. If you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal. You do not need to self-isolate if you only have a cough or anosmia after 7 days, as these symptoms can last for several weeks after the infection has gone

if you live with others and you are the first in the household to have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), then you must stay at home for at least 7 days, but all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill. See the explanatory diagram

for anyone else in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for at least 7 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14 day isolation period. The ending isolation section below has more information, and see the explanatory diagram

staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community

if you can, move any vulnerable individuals (such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) out of your home, to stay with friends or family for the duration of the home isolation period

if you cannot move vulnerable people out of your home, stay away from them as much as possible

reduce the spread of infection in your home: wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser; cover coughs and sneezes

if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms:

do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital

you do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home

testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) is not needed if you’re staying at home

if you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 online coronavirus (COVID-19) service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999

if you develop new coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms at any point after ending your first period of isolation (self or household) then you need to follow the same guidance on self-isolation again"

The position is, therefore, that throughout the height of the outbreak it was okay for anyone to travel as far as they wished for childcare.

If you have children and fell ill you did not care enough about your children or had poor instincts if you did not do this.

IF that is true.... the distance between cumming's home in Durham and Bernard Castle is still the best part of 35 miles ish!..... at the height of the stay at home order!

So because you can't get him on the original allegations you're going to pick apart everything he does? Wouldn't that have been BEFORE they said you have to stay local for exercise? "

It's bizarre the things people will say in order to not lose face. It's all part of the same thing, the newspapers held back on the second revelation because they wanted the government to bite, and the government did not disappoint.

Then they came out with the second part because guess what, it keeps the story going and that's what they want because that's their job. Cummings drove to Durham with his wife and child while apparently on the verge of being incapacitated, he did so coincidentally at the time of his mother's birthday when there were other family members around.

The Police spoke to his father and him about it, that is a matter of record, yet the government denied that happened at all.

He then took a 70 mile round trip to Barnard Castle for a walk, despite the rules saying you don't travel anywhere to exercise.

Then after going back to work in London it is alleged he made a second trip up to Durham a few days later, and possibly even a third.

Yet his wife wrote an article in The Spectator about how they bravely toughed it out in London and looked after their child despite being ill. That's an odd one isn't it, why would she do that?

I suppose it's heartening for Johnson and Cummings and their ilk that there are so many people ready to tug their forelocks and do their betters bidding.

If Boris turned up at your house and shit on your dinner you'd probably thank him for it and tell everyone he had to shit somewhere so you are honoured it was on your dinner plate.

It's a good job we didn't have to rely on people like you during the war.

What a bastard.

Wrong it was AC/DC THUNDER !!!

"

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

Do you have a link to the childcare cause please??"

The day after lockdown began, 24 March, the deputy chief medical officer for England, Dr Jenny Harries, clarified who could look after a child if both parents or carers were incapacitated.

She said: "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.

"And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs."

It wasn't forbidden.

We were told to stay at home were we not there were exemptions.. of which this was one that was allowed.. and many others are also making use of. How many grandparents will be looking after children when there are no other childcare provisions..

The only childcare issue highlighted in briefings, was NOT to use grandparents over 70."

Also not to move between households?

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"He broke the rules. It's likely that he was infected by his wife when they were in the car. Seems pretty stupid to me. Very disrespectful to the public that have suffered big time losing family members. The single parents that have had to not see their children. You can't justify this

"

Every one of those paparazzi who mobbed the bloke around his car deserves a fine for sure.......

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

It's bizarre the things people will say in order to not lose face. It's all part of the same thing, the newspapers held back on the second revelation because they wanted the government to bite, and the government did not disappoint.

Then they came out with the second part because guess what, it keeps the story going and that's what they want because that's their job. Cummings drove to Durham with his wife and child while apparently on the verge of being incapacitated, he did so coincidentally at the time of his mother's birthday when there were other family members around.

The Police spoke to his father and him about it, that is a matter of record, yet the government denied that happened at all.

He then took a 70 mile round trip to Barnard Castle for a walk, despite the rules saying you don't travel anywhere to exercise.

Then after going back to work in London it is alleged he made a second trip up to Durham a few days later, and possibly even a third.

Yet his wife wrote an article in The Spectator about how they bravely toughed it out in London and looked after their child despite being ill. That's an odd one isn't it, why would she do that?

I suppose it's heartening for Johnson and Cummings and their ilk that there are so many people ready to tug their forelocks and do their betters bidding.

If Boris turned up at your house and shit on your dinner you'd probably thank him for it and tell everyone he had to shit somewhere so you are honoured it was on your dinner plate.

It's a good job we didn't have to rely on people like you during the war."

agree with everything (except that last sentence... that was harsh dude!!)

but yeah... people are twisting in the wind because the parenting excuse in "visit 1" doesn't excuse the rest

North Bucks

Some people are really trying to hard here.

Although saying that can you imagine the faux outrage if it would have been Jeremy Corbyn cruising the Country Durham lanes shell suited up on his electric bicycle?

That would have been glorious.

Blackpool

D.C: love him or hate him is a tactical genius, period.

You don't throw away your best assets, is at a calculated risk... Yes it maybe, but it's not an election year, not even close..... Just thank God corbyn lost or it would have been perminent socialism, not just this 6 months trial, which I assume everyone is enjoying, NOT.

Dudley

So because you can't get him on the original allegations you're going to pick apart everything he does? Wouldn't that have been BEFORE they said you have to stay local for exercise?

It's a good job we didn't have to rely on people like you during the war."

Ah, the old resort to sly digs because someone won't back down and allow everyone to bully them into having the same opinion. Playground tactics. Carry on.

North Bucks

Every one of those paparazzi who mobbed the bloke around his car deserves a fine for sure....... "

Yeah but he didn’t half have some cheek pointing it out.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"Fact is, DC could run around Westminster licking doorknobs and he wouldn’t get disciplined. He is too important to the Government. I’ve never really understood why this is the case, but they aren’t going to let him go. Surprised they didn’t just push him into the background though, to appease the media if nothing else."

If the polls turn against them he will be gone

"Just thank God corbyn lost or it would have been perminent socialism, not just this 6 months trial, which I assume everyone is enjoying, NOT. "

Well we’ve definitely got the ‘Everyone is equal, but some people are more equal than others’ part down already.

Exactly this

Of course they havent!!

My children have stayed home on their own in the care of the eldest who is 14 for the past 2 months whilst I've gone to work in a care home. Government orders were not to move between households, there was no exception made for childcare, even though my parents are both under 60 and live in the same village."

What would you have done if your eldest wasnt 14, but 5?

Dudley

"

It's a good job we didn't have to rely on people like you during the war.

agree with everything (except that last sentence... that was harsh dude!!)

but yeah... people are twisting in the wind because the parenting excuse in "visit 1" doesn't excuse the rest"

I've actually said more than once that if it was proven he hadn't been self isolating during those two weeks and had been driving between London and Durham then he should resign.

By *etasubTV/TS  over a year ago

West of Newcastle

It like to know the percentage of people calling for his head who are Red as opposed to Blue.I think its more like remain or leave rather than red or blue."

Don't forget the yellow SNP, little woman has tweeted her opinion, and blackford has given his opinion Cummings must go. Imagine if Boris had tweeted that little woman should get rid of her health supremo!!!!

Every one of those paparazzi who mobbed the bloke around his car deserves a fine for sure....... "

And that too! Why has no one mentioned the 20 photographers right next to each other?

Blocking his path?

London and over UK

Don't forget the yellow SNP, little woman has tweeted her opinion, and blackford has given his opinion Cummings must go. Imagine if Boris had tweeted that little woman should get rid of her health supremo!!!! "

The Tories in Scotland actually did

More gammon on here than a pig farm...

Every one of those paparazzi who mobbed the bloke around his car deserves a fine for sure.......

And that too! Why has no one mentioned the 20 photographers right next to each other?

Blocking his path?"

Parasites are immune to the virus

It wasn't forbidden.

We were told to stay at home were we not there were exemptions.. of which this was one that was allowed.. and many others are also making use of. How many grandparents will be looking after children when there are no other childcare provisions..

The only childcare issue highlighted in briefings, was NOT to use grandparents over 70.

Also not to move between households? "

Except when parents no longer live together.

Newcastle and Gateshead

and if it couldn't get any worse for johnson, 3 different members of his SAGE committee are all piling on.... they are not happy!!!! basically saying johnson has trashed the messaging and shattered trust....

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"

agree, he went to his other house where there was a support network and stayed in isolation..... But let's get the pitch forks and burning torches anyway, just to prove nothing has changed really since 1408 and March on Downing Street, we can get supporters to join us from the crowded beaches and parks, we are burning a witch one way or another lol

Dudley

agree, he went to his other house where there was a support network and stayed in isolation..... But let's get the pitch forks and burning torches anyway, just to prove nothing has changed really since 1408 and March on Downing Street, we can get supporters to join us from the crowded beaches and parks, we are burning a witch one way or another lol"

Don't disagree with them, they start getting nasty!

Blackpool

Let's hope one of the sage members who's quit is the clown from Marr this morning, who was spreading his mask fear around,

Blocking his path?

Parasites are immune to the virus"

Apparently so

agree, he went to his other house where there was a support network and stayed in isolation..... But let's get the pitch forks and burning torches anyway, just to prove nothing has changed really since 1408 and March on Downing Street, we can get supporters to join us from the crowded beaches and parks, we are burning a witch one way or another lol

"

Aye behind their keyboards

Notts

Neighbours

1.Only one Relative and they are a key worker

2. No relatives at all

3. Mine nearest 2 hr drive

4. The other all family live abroad

People aren't surrounded by a support network

It wasn't forbidden.

Except when parents no longer live together. "

Yes I was referring more to grandparents/extended family

I know seperated parents are an exemption

I just didn't think grandparents were,regardless of age

Blocking his path?"

Posters have been slating them. If I'd been DC, I'd have elbowed them. Anyone who received an elbowed could not have been 2m away

"

If there is only one incident then this will probably blow over, if the other incidents are proven then he is fucked and had made all those defending him look stupid

Exactly this

Of course they havent!!

My children have stayed home on their own in the care of the eldest who is 14 for the past 2 months whilst I've gone to work in a care home. Government orders were not to move between households, there was no exception made for childcare, even though my parents are both under 60 and live in the same village.

What would you have done if your eldest wasnt 14, but 5?"

I would have had to take annual leave then unpaid leave from work when that ran out .

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

I just didn't think grandparents were,regardless of age "

Basically, if you're concerned you can't look after your child you're allowed to go to family to seek help and support.

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 19:34:15]

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 19:35:50]

It wasn't forbidden.

Basically, if you're concerned you can't look after your child you're allowed to go to family to seek help and support. "

They really need to make that clear rather than telling everyone they must stay at home and everyone else in the household must also and not leave the house for any purpose etc if they were to develop symtoms

narnia

Aye behind their keyboards "

Of course, if it was Jeremy Corbin or Kier Starmer acting in a similar fashion you'd be just as sterling in your defence..? You'll say yes of course, but, well, that's bullshit isn't it..

Dudley

If there is only one incident then this will probably blow over, if the other incidents are proven then he is fucked and had made all those defending him look stupid "

Most of us defending the childcare incident have said if the other incidents are proven then he should resign.

Dudley

Of course, if it was Jeremy Corbin or Kier Starmer acting in a similar fashion you'd be just as sterling in your defence..? You'll say yes of course, but, well, that's bullshit isn't it..

"

You mean if they had travelled to protect their children? I certainly would have defended them.

a retired chemistry teacher took the reg number and passed it on to sky news

a sky news reporter is confirming on twitter that it WAS dominic cummings car at Barnard Castle...... You hoping _abio? bet your loving this the man who put the final nail in the remain coffin on the rack.As i said before i dont believe every tom,dick and harry who post on twitter and faceache i would much prefer to rely on facts."

You rely on facts but you voted Leave? That's some irony right there ...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

OK keep it civil or do as the forum rules ask and log off for a while

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"

Bullshit his wife’s brother lives in London and his top aide 2 streets away - it never said primary carers at all so you were breaking lock down using your kids grandparents. You are also manipulating the rules to suit yourself. Cummings parents are also over 70. He also was in Durham sightseeing - where is that in the rules?

a retired chemistry teacher took the reg number and passed it on to sky news"

Aye out with his binoculars on.

A real life peeping Tom.

enter location here

Regardless of who you are. If you break the rules. You pay the price.

I've had family members do it. And they've had the rest of the family at their throats. It's pretty easy to follow the simple rules.

If there is only one incident then this will probably blow over, if the other incidents are proven then he is fucked and had made all those defending him look stupid

Most of us defending the childcare incident have said if the other incidents are proven then he should resign. "

Time will tell then. Whatever happens ,it has weakened the government and made Boris look like a puppet . But most of us knew that anyway

Most of us defending the childcare incident have said if the other incidents are proven then he should resign. "

I reckon most would just go quiet rather than condemn him.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It seems they both have family and friends in London, could they have helped them with childcare do you think?

South

It wasn't forbidden.

Basically, if you're concerned you can't look after your child you're allowed to go to family to seek help and support. "

No you’re not - said child would be taken into social services was what I was told as a single parent.

narnia

You mean if they had travelled to protect their children? I certainly would have defended them. "

His child wasn't at risk, when they traveled he was not symptomatic, we'll capable of looking after the child. You of course know this, as does BJ, but the doting father is the only rock that there is to cling to. It also makes a mockery of the Thousands of other children who Were put at risk by this shambolic government

Dominic Cummings licked my doorknob.

narnia

"It seems they both have family and friends in London, could they have helped them with childcare do you think?"

Pretty sure he has a PA to do a bit of shopping if required

"

Thought this wasnt political?

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

Basically, if you're concerned you can't look after your child you're allowed to go to family to seek help and support.

No you’re not - said child would be taken into social services was what I was told as a single parent. "

I'm also a single parent and I was most definitely not threatened with social services.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Blocking his path?

Posters have been slating them. If I'd been DC, I'd have elbowed them. Anyone who received an elbowed could not have been 2m away "

All those long range lens pics over the years, of celebs and the Royal family, but these paps couldn’t use a lens from 2m away.......

South

"More gammon on here than a pig farm..."

I know right ... should make it a interested in choice for future meet screening

"It seems they both have family and friends in London, could they have helped them with childcare do you think?"

It looks like Cummings has no friends in London,

South

It wasn't forbidden.

No you’re not - said child would be taken into social services was what I was told as a single parent.

I'm also a single parent and I was most definitely not threatened with social services. "

No Threat I enquired as to what happens to my children if I can’t care for them and family are in vulnerable groups - social care would be advised over vulnerable group relatives was the reply.

Dudley

You mean if they had travelled to protect their children? I certainly would have defended them.

His child wasn't at risk, when they traveled he was not symptomatic, we'll capable of looking after the child. You of course know this, as does BJ, but the doting father is the only rock that there is to cling to. It also makes a mockery of the Thousands of other children who Were put at risk by this shambolic government"

I think we will have to agree to disagree, I don't think that taking his toddler to an area where he had an extended support network was a crime.

If proof is uncovered of the other alleged excursions then I will condemn those other incidents.

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

I'm also a single parent and I was most definitely not threatened with social services.

No Threat I enquired as to what happens to my children if I can’t care for them and family are in vulnerable groups - social care would be advised over vulnerable group relatives was the reply."

Sorry, I think I could have worded my response better, I wasn't trying to say social services were threatening to take your child.

Maybe that decision changes between local authorities?

South

It wasn't forbidden.

No Threat I enquired as to what happens to my children if I can’t care for them and family are in vulnerable groups - social care would be advised over vulnerable group relatives was the reply.

Sorry, I think I could have worded my response better, I wasn't trying to say social services were threatening to take your child.

Maybe that decision changes between local authorities? "

This was 111

narnia

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 19:52:16]

Blackpool

So I'm assuming that all of them pressers outside the flat TODAY possibly spreading are going to be fired tomorrow , No thought not.... The worst thing Morgan has said about them is 'their not doing themselves any favors' yet he's currently in Meltdown on twitter right now efin and blindin over D.C

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"

Didn’t Stephen Kinnock break the lockdown in order to drive 150 miles to deliver ‘essential supplies’ and a birthday card to his father? I don’t recall any fuss over that at the time other than the police saying it wasn’t essential travel.

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

This was 111"

Wow, that's odd.

It wasn't forbidden.

This was 111

Wow, that's odd. "

Very odd that 111 would tell someone that.

By *offee with MilkCouple  over a year ago

Over the roundabout and then turn right.

This is the same guy who was happy to let old people die. As long as his family was ok he really couldn't give a stuff about anyone else.

Guess what - I don't give a stuff about him or his family.

narnia

His child wasn't at risk, when they traveled he was not symptomatic, we'll capable of looking after the child. You of course know this, as does BJ, but the doting father is the only rock that there is to cling to. It also makes a mockery of the Thousands of other children who Were put at risk by this shambolic government

I think we will have to agree to disagree, I don't think that taking his toddler to an area where he had an extended support network was a crime.

If proof is uncovered of the other alleged excursions then I will condemn those other incidents. "

BJ was directly asked about this at the breifing, if it was untrue he'd have nailed it, he didn't, he fluffed and skirted around it. It's quite obvious he is aware that it happened, he has not confirmed or denied in the hope that credible evidence does not emerge

narnia

Didn’t Stephen Kinnock break the lockdown in order to drive 150 miles to deliver ‘essential supplies’ and a birthday card to his father? I don’t recall any fuss over that at the time other than the police saying it wasn’t essential travel."

Is Stephen Kinnock part of the government that drafted the rules that he broke?

By *eachluversCouple  over a year ago

EASTBOURNE

I am unable to believe that an adviser to the government was unable to organise childcare while in London.

Dudley

If proof is uncovered of the other alleged excursions then I will condemn those other incidents.

BJ was directly asked about this at the breifing, if it was untrue he'd have nailed it, he didn't, he fluffed and skirted around it. It's quite obvious he is aware that it happened, he has not confirmed or denied in the hope that credible evidence does not emerge"

He did answer, he said that DC had travelled to Durham where he had self isolated for at least 14 days.

South

It wasn't forbidden.

This was 111

Wow, that's odd. :

Very odd that 111 would tell someone that."

I called for advice as wAs showing symptoms And was concerned in case they escalated..... if there is no one to care for child they don’t recommend sendIng to vulnerable carers aNd usual Process would follow for emergency care of minors ..... my friend in the north east was told the same thing.

By *rofessor_MarcusMan  over a year ago

Chorley

I am unable to believe that an adviser to the government was unable to organise childcare while in London.

Perhaps the term to organise a function in a brewery comes to mind

"I am unable to believe that an adviser to the government was unable to organise childcare while in London.

Perhaps the term to organise a function in a brewery comes to mind"

Dont you mean pushup in a brewery.

South

It wasn't forbidden.

This was 111

Wow, that's odd. "

Petrifying .....

"I am unable to believe that an adviser to the government was unable to organise childcare while in London.

Perhaps the term to organise a function in a brewery comes to mind

Dont you mean pushup in a brewery. "

piss up ffs lol

Dudley

It wasn't forbidden.

This was 111

Wow, that's odd.

Petrifying ..... "

I can imagine, that's awful

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

Didn’t Stephen Kinnock break the lockdown in order to drive 150 miles to deliver ‘essential supplies’ and a birthday card to his father? I don’t recall any fuss over that at the time other than the police saying it wasn’t essential travel.

Is Stephen Kinnock part of the government that drafted the rules that he broke? "

He’s a sitting MP. Surely if an advisor should reign over breaking a lockdown then a sitting MP should too?

"This is the same guy who was happy to let old people die. As long as his family was ok he really couldn't give a stuff about anyone else.

Guess what - I don't give a stuff about him or his family. "

He should have just admitted he was doing his bit for herd immunity

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

said to see that one Intensive care doctor Covid has said that if Cummings doesn't go, then he will resign. A kick in the teeth for the NHS workers.

a retired chemistry teacher took the reg number and passed it on to sky news"

Ahhhh the media. And people always believe everything the media say. Ahhh yes, we forgot.

"said to see that one Intensive care doctor Covid has said that if Cummings doesn't go, then he will resign. A kick in the teeth for the NHS workers.

"

And what would that achieve exactly...one less doctor. Brilliant.

" He’s just a husband & dad doing what he thought was best for his family - whilst looking Covid-19 straightDidn’t Stephen Kinnock break the lockdown in order to drive 150 miles to deliver ‘essential supplies’ and a birthday card to his father? I don’t recall any fuss over that at the time other than the police saying it wasn’t essential travel.

Is Stephen Kinnock part of the government that drafted the rules that he broke?

He’s a sitting MP. Surely if an advisor should reign over breaking a lockdown then a sitting MP should too?"

Kinnock isn’t a Tory so the internet is ok with that. Champagne socialists get a fair hearing you see.

narnia

Dominic Cummings 'reported to police'

The witness who says he spotted the prime minister's chief adviser enjoying a day trip to Barnard Castle during the lockdown has reported him to police.

Robin Lees, 71, told the Daily Mirror he had made a complaint to Durham Constabulary about the sighting on 12 April.

He says he took down the number plate of a grey Range Rover parked on the Sills between Ullathorne Rise and Gill Lane.

Mr Lees add in his police report: "In the light of recent information I feel that as well as an important breach of the lockdown there may also have been concerns over Health Protection Regulations. I assume you are able to view CCTV to ascertain whether this vehicle travelled locally or from further away."

It wasn't forbidden.

No Threat I enquired as to what happens to my children if I can’t care for them and family are in vulnerable groups - social care would be advised over vulnerable group relatives was the reply."

I was told by social care to have people in mind should I become to ill. Several of the people we have been helping to support during this time have had similar advice.. you are advised against it if someone is shielding though

Blackpool

Apparently some sore loser has now reported DC to the police, for causing danger to life

Should be careful what they wish for with all the video evidence of them pressers outside the flat climbing all over DC today, this could backfire

Dudley

"

Dominic Cummings 'reported to police'

The witness who says he spotted the prime minister's chief adviser enjoying a day trip to Barnard Castle during the lockdown has reported him to police.

Robin Lees, 71, told the Daily Mirror he had made a complaint to Durham Constabulary about the sighting on 12 April.

He says he took down the number plate of a grey Range Rover parked on the Sills between Ullathorne Rise and Gill Lane.

Mr Lees add in his police report: "In the light of recent information I feel that as well as an important breach of the lockdown there may also have been concerns over Health Protection Regulations. I assume you are able to view CCTV to ascertain whether this vehicle travelled locally or from further away.""

Well, I'm fairly sure the police will find some evidence of he was there.

He may be a twat and has been caught. But of all those calling for his blood (not literally!), how many can honestly say that every single action they have taken has been 100% within the guidelines? I may get crucified for having said this but just a thought.

Notts

I know people who swear blind they have seen ufos, mainly ex teachers!

And Cummings eats panguine.... Excuse spelling, think all political types do, queen Victoria started that game!

Seriously are his relatives in London key workers, can they be trusted with a child, or are they crackheads? Now there's a new story....... Pitch fork please lol