FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Distancing rule breakers report or not?

Distancing rule breakers report or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andAuk OP   Couple  over a year ago

leeds

We've seen our neighbours constantly breaking the rules. Having people around for drinks and the likes. This is not a one off but happens pretty much every day. We're really annoyed as not seen friends and family for months but but these people are just going about daily life as normal. One neighbour is even shielding but has people around all of the time. Today they were even saying that things will be good if everyone sticks to social distancing when they were breaking the rules themselves as a group of 6 from 3 different households.

Just wondered if you would call the police or not? At the end of the day been neighbours makes it difficult as don't want to stir things up. Then on the other hand they're breaking the law. Really don't know what to do

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No need to call...most police forces use webpages to report this stuff..to keep phone lines clear..

If I was reporting the rule breakers I would be spending half the day everyday on the phone, because I'm seeing so much of it. So no I'm not going to start reporting them.

"We've seen our neighbours constantly breaking the rules. Having people around for drinks and the likes. This is not a one off but happens pretty much every day. We're really annoyed as not seen friends and family for months but but these people are just going about daily life as normal. One neighbour is even shielding but has people around all of the time. Today they were even saying that things will be good if everyone sticks to social distancing when they were breaking the rules themselves as a group of 6 from 3 different households.

Just wondered if you would call the police or not? At the end of the day been neighbours makes it difficult as don't want to stir things up. Then on the other hand they're breaking the law. Really don't know what to do "

It's a tough call, I know of people who have broken but when I weighed it up I thought no because they were close family and it was a one off. On the other hand I have see groups of youths driving around and trespassing on an old airfield on a regular basis and have reported...

leeds

"No need to call...most police forces use webpages to report this stuff..to keep phone lines clear.."

I'd rather call as I can withhold my details as they don't need them. Online you need to fill in alsorts. Even tried through a proxy last week but wouldn't let me on. Big brother tracking everything

By *rygveMan  over a year ago

The Shires

Ask yourself what would it achieve. See it all the time but just concentrate on keeping myself safe and avoiding those who choose to think otherwise.

"We've seen our neighbours constantly breaking the rules. Having people around for drinks and the likes. This is not a one off but happens pretty much every day. We're really annoyed as not seen friends and family for months but but these people are just going about daily life as normal. One neighbour is even shielding but has people around all of the time. Today they were even saying that things will be good if everyone sticks to social distancing when they were breaking the rules themselves as a group of 6 from 3 different households.

Just wondered if you would call the police or not? At the end of the day been neighbours makes it difficult as don't want to stir things up. Then on the other hand they're breaking the law. Really don't know what to do "

Start meeting your friends and family too if that's what's bothering you.

They're not "breaking the law", just not following the BS advice anymore, like myself, because the risks are so minimal.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

To be honest, people uninfected, not social distancing are (on balance) putting themselves at more risk than others.

Obviously a different matter if you are showing symptoms and should be self-isolating...

My ex and I are breaking the rules of social distancing. My daughter has gone into hospital and we are swapping the grandchildren. By the book we shouldn't, but it would be bloody tough.

"To be honest, people uninfected, not social distancing are (on balance) putting themselves at more risk than others.

Obviously a different matter if you are showing symptoms and should be self-isolating...

My ex and I are breaking the rules of social distancing. My daughter has gone into hospital and we are swapping the grandchildren. By the book we shouldn't, but it would be bloody tough. "

Well.........if it’s good enough for Dominic Cuntings

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Most forces are not enforcing it as the laws surrounding it are so vague. It's unlikely you will get any kind of response from your local force.

It's not them being lazy it's just the fact there's so many loopholes and people not adhering to the rules that make it pointless to try and police.

leeds

Just wondered if you would call the police or not? At the end of the day been neighbours makes it difficult as don't want to stir things up. Then on the other hand they're breaking the law. Really don't know what to do

They're not "breaking the law", just not following the BS advice anymore, like myself, because the risks are so minimal. "

The rules still enforceable by law state that you can't have people around at your house. You can only meet 1 other person from another household in a public place such as a park and at a 2m distance. More annoyed at the shielding neighbour treating it like a holiday off work on full pay whilst others are having to be in the firing line. Sure the company they work for wouldn't be too happy about this either and a visit from the police may just shake them up to this point.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

You cant stop the idiots being idiots and unfortunately nor can the police. I would just avoid any contact with any of them so you keep yourself safe; I hope they don't catch the damned virus and I hope no one they know does, or they may regret their actions !

I have now lost two good friends to this, one from Leeds so its out there, stay safe and leave them to their misguided idea of invulnerability.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Don't let it bother you. If they infect or get infected it will more likely be within their own circle of friends.

You could always tactfully mention something in passing. They maybe unaware of the current advice, unlikely but you never know.

I see the same thing with my neighbour. We have a communal driveway.

I just ignore them if I'm passing.

If they spread it among themselves it's their problem.

They're not "breaking the law", just not following the BS advice anymore, like myself, because the risks are so minimal.

The rules still enforceable by law state that you can't have people around at your house. You can only meet 1 other person from another household in a public place such as a park and at a 2m distance. More annoyed at the shielding neighbour treating it like a holiday off work on full pay whilst others are having to be in the firing line. Sure the company they work for wouldn't be too happy about this either and a visit from the police may just shake them up to this point. "

and there it is ... the truth is you are just bitter that they are currently having a better lockdown experience than you are

the company they work for literally wont care what they are doing while they are furloughed their time is their own

yea it sucks that some are breaking the rules but doesn't sound like thats actually whats bothering you

The rules still enforceable by law state that you can't have people around at your house. You can only meet 1 other person from another household in a public place such as a park and at a 2m distance. More annoyed at the shielding neighbour treating it like a holiday off work on full pay whilst others are having to be in the firing line. Sure the company they work for wouldn't be too happy about this either and a visit from the police may just shake them up to this point.

and there it is ... the truth is you are just bitter that they are currently having a better lockdown experience than you are

the company they work for literally wont care what they are doing while they are furloughed their time is their own

yea it sucks that some are breaking the rules but doesn't sound like thats actually whats bothering you "

I've furloughed 10/15 staff members and I couldn't care less about what they do in their free time. As long as they're in a good place mentally then that's all that matters to me as their employer.

These people are breaking the rules, but not breaking the law at all. Social distancing is not a law at the moment. They will have a hard time covicting or prosecuting anyone of this especially now that the rules have been relaxed. people go to work every day and sit in an office full of other people and police will have to prove that these people are not keeping a 2m social distance

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think this desire to tell on people is perhaps the worst bit of lockdown. The thing is there is very little that is actually law.

I'd just ignore them unless they are invading others space that's not wanted

I don't care what others do, nor do I have a desire to tell. My neighbours have parties with lots of people every weekend. It's their choice. I follow the rules ish. If you get it, you get it. Top government officials are not following the rules, so why should anyone else?

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

"I don't care what others do, nor do I have a desire to tell. My neighbours have parties with lots of people every weekend. It's their choice. I follow the rules ish. If you get it, you get it. Top government officials are not following the rules, so why should anyone else?"

great logic. That'll help no end.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Do what you think is best and what you can live with.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Personally I wouldn't. Although I do hear your frustration and that feeling of unfairness.

I don't think we need to be acting against eachother in this time.

Everyone has differing opinions and differing circumstances right now and given the amount of uncertainty around just about everything, it's hard to know for sure who is making the right judgement on what is 'safe' or acceptable.

Maybe just keep on doing what you feel is best in your world and focus on what you can control.

I dont care anymore, I mean our so called leader is just twittering on and on and not really saying much. The press were hounding Dominic whatever the fuck hes called over breaking lockdown restrictions,they were clearly breaking rules themselves climbing over each other like a pack of dogs, fucking hypocrites, the way I see and it's just my opinion, look after yourselves and try to keep your family and friends as safe as you can, people are always gonna do what they want regardless but look after yourselves and stay as safe as you can x

" great logic. That'll help no end. "

We should all be able to make our own decisions whatever the risks. I'm not saying to go out and be a tit, but saying that it should be up to us. Those that don't want to take the risks shouldn't. Simple as

leeds

"

yea it sucks that some are breaking the rules but doesn't sound like thats actually whats bothering you "

And there it isn't! I've been furloughed and Mrs has reduced her hours. I want to return to work so long as it's safe. I just feel that this neighbour who isn't on furlough as shielding, so is on authorised leave on full pay is abusing the situation. Shielding is for those more vulnerable so if they catch it are then more of a drain on the system. I just think if they're OK to have visitors and parties they should go back to work. Sadly duty of care prevents this, but if abusing the system they should be dealt with using the correct disciplinary procedures. Just the same as if somebody throws a sicky and is paid company sick pay and then caught out, they'd face the same action.

leeds

"

I've furloughed 10/15 staff members and I couldn't care less about what they do in their free time. As long as they're in a good place mentally then that's all that matters to me as their employer. "

But this person isn't on furlough they are on authorised absence on full company pay due to shielding. So completely different and they could potentially receive disciplinary action for breaking the rules. As they're still on the payroll they have to stick to the H&S policies as well as any other company policies and this no doubt is a major breach. I'm sure if you paid a staff member full sick pay and later found out they'd had your pants down you'd see it differently and deal with it appropriately.

"

I've furloughed 10/15 staff members and I couldn't care less about what they do in their free time. As long as they're in a good place mentally then that's all that matters to me as their employer.

But this person isn't on furlough they are on authorised absence on full company pay due to shielding. So completely different and they could potentially receive disciplinary action for breaking the rules. As they're still on the payroll they have to stick to the H&S policies as well as any other company policies and this no doubt is a major breach. I'm sure if you paid a staff member full sick pay and later found out they'd had your pants down you'd see it differently and deal with it appropriately. "

Still their choice what they do though. If they abuse the system and get found out, it's their problem. I think people should just be less nosey and leave people be. If his boss finds out, let him deal with it. Why make it your bussiness?

"I don't care what others do, nor do I have a desire to tell. My neighbours have parties with lots of people every weekend. It's their choice. I follow the rules ish. If you get it, you get it. Top government officials are not following the rules, so why should anyone else?

great logic. That'll help no end. "

Reporting is going to really help! More people sound mind their own business and not worry what others are doing. It’s getting more like the SS everyday!

leeds

"These people are breaking the rules, but not breaking the law at all. Social distancing is not a law at the moment."

The highway code is only a guide as to how we should use the highways. It does state this in the book or at least the copy I have and there's also a section for pedestrians to follow in there as well. You see plenty of folk been fined for breaches of these guidelines.

Think I'll just play it by ear tomorrow, but think we'll end up calling the police. Both our parents are shielding and these are peoples lives they're playing with. If one of them catches it then passes it to the group that's 6 people straight away. This neighbour has home deliveries and has been interacting with those drivers as well so they then pass it on...

"These people are breaking the rules, but not breaking the law at all. Social distancing is not a law at the moment.

The highway code is only a guide as to how we should use the highways. It does state this in the book or at least the copy I have and there's also a section for pedestrians to follow in there as well. You see plenty of folk been fined for breaches of these guidelines.

Think I'll just play it by ear tomorrow, but think we'll end up calling the police. Both our parents are shielding and these are peoples lives they're playing with. If one of them catches it then passes it to the group that's 6 people straight away. This neighbour has home deliveries and has been interacting with those drivers as well so they then pass it on... "

See, that's your choice to report them and their choice to do what they like. The highway code is a set of rules enforceable by law. Social distancing in a PUBLIC place is enforceable only. Go read the rules

The last state that asked people to report their friends or neighbours,was the third REICH.

"The last state that asked people to report their friends or neighbours,was the third REICH. "

True! I actually watched a documentary on this how they made families grass on one another and even kept records and locked people up

"The last state that asked people to report their friends or neighbours,was the third REICH.

True! I actually watched a documentary on this how they made families grass on one another and even kept records and locked people up"

And if that’s the world we are starting to live in, I don’t want to be any part of it!

Sorry but grassing on friends, family, neighbors or anyone is just not on.

leeds

"The last state that asked people to report their friends or neighbours,was the third REICH. "

We've always been asked to report underhand behaviour. If you have a crack den next door with dirty needles in the garden you'd not report your neighbour to anybody?

So the overall conclusion and feeling is that we should just let everyone get on with it and mind our own business, turn a blind eye as such?

If that's what society dictates so be it we guess.

Reading most of the comments on here I'm assuming that most of you aren't following guidance either as you seem pretty blasé about people doing whatever they like "because it's their choice".

Pretty sure if you lost a family member due to them getting infected by a selfish fucker you'd think differently.

The "let them do what they want and look after yourself" attitude is poor IMO. We're all in this together so it's about time large sections of society learned to respect their fellow citizens and not just think "me, me, me".

You had an opportunity to say something to their face, why didn't you?

To go behind their backs now would be gutless!

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

To go behind their backs now would be gutless! "

This

Guwarrrrrnnnnn grass um up!!!

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

didnt the stasi get disbanded when the wall came down mind your own it's there funeral

By *ove Bunnies2019Couple  over a year ago

basingstoke

"I don't care what others do, nor do I have a desire to tell. My neighbours have parties with lots of people every weekend. It's their choice. I follow the rules ish. If you get it, you get it. Top government officials are not following the rules, so why should anyone else?"

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Totally agree. I'm getting heartily sick of all the backbiting that's going on, people are turning into covid snitches and trolls.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I don't care what others do, nor do I have a desire to tell. My neighbours have parties with lots of people every weekend. It's their choice. I follow the rules ish. If you get it, you get it. Top government officials are not following the rules, so why should anyone else?

"

And this. If it's good enough for them....

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

The police are not interested .... I had to speak to them in work .... I work with drug and alcohol users so they aren’t abiding to the rules ... the police informed me that fining would be a last resort as they have been told not to create bad feeling with the public after all this is over they don’t want any issues with the public ...

Flintshire

To go behind their backs now would be gutless!

Totally agree. I'm getting heartily sick of all the backbiting that's going on, people are turning into covid snitches and trolls. "

Hey in my home I’ve got a bookcase & behind that is a secret room , so if anyone wants to hide up for a while give me a shout

Flintshire

"Reading most of the comments on here I'm assuming that most of you aren't following guidance either as you seem pretty blasé about people doing whatever they like "because it's their choice".

Pretty sure if you lost a family member due to them getting infected by a selfish fucker you'd think differently.

The "let them do what they want and look after yourself" attitude is poor IMO. We're all in this together so it's about time large sections of society learned to respect their fellow citizens and not just think "me, me, me"."

Problem is we ain’t in this together !!!!!!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Reading most of the comments on here I'm assuming that most of you aren't following guidance either as you seem pretty blasé about people doing whatever they like "because it's their choice".

The "let them do what they want and look after yourself" attitude is poor IMO. We're all in this together so it's about time large sections of society learned to respect their fellow citizens and not just think "me, me, me".

Problem is we ain’t in this together !!!!!!"

It's caused a massive rift in society, possibly one that will never be healed. Makes me think of a divide and conquer scenario actually.

Haven’t you got anything more important to worry about? Just take care of your own family, and mind your own business.

By *assy211279Woman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere Cornwall

"To be honest, people uninfected, not social distancing are (on balance) putting themselves at more risk than others.

My ex and I are breaking the rules of social distancing. My daughter has gone into hospital and we are swapping the grandchildren. By the book we shouldn't, but it would be bloody tough. "

Well depends on how you word it. As the big clause that is for everyone is you must do all you can to save any extra work for our NHS and other emergency services.

So like I am my mums carer but don't live with her, if I don't drive down to her and sort her out then the NHS would have to. If you didn't help with the children then they could technically ware the other person out and leave the children in danger. So think you see what I mean.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Haven’t you got anything more important to worry about? Just take care of your own family, and mind your own business. "

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

When the rule book tells me that I can let my cleaner into my house but have to see my daughter outside then it is time to tear the rule book up.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"When the rule book tells me that I can let my cleaner into my house but have to see my daughter outside then it is time to tear the rule book up."

I know. Utter madness. Nothing makes sense at all.

Is this you at the end of the video OP?

https://youtu.be/wfGAktuU93s

"Is this you at the end of the video OP?

https://youtu.be/wfGAktuU93s"

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Its funny how people confide in absolute strangers to a problem that can only be rectified by themselves.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Its funny how people confide in absolute strangers to a problem that can only be rectified by themselves.

"

Report EVERYTHING and EVERYONE who 'breaks the rules'....every little detail of every single incident. That way the system will either crash into oblivion or the folks in charge will get so pissed off chasing up every person that stands less than 6ft away from another person. So go on! Flood the call centres, demand police action and waste as much of their time as possible. That way 'da roolz' will become irrelevant and obsolete and therefore allowing society to function normally again....

By *onnaluvdollTV/TS  over a year ago

cork

I find it absolutely funny that you'll report someone for calling from maybe a few streets away, yet are happy to have sex with strangers. It's a funny world when a cup of tea with family members is more illegal than being doggy and taking it from bigboy54, and possibly bareback. I think ye need to get your priorities straight, but that's just my opinion

No, don't report, the ACPO have already admitted that they 'misinterpreted government guidelines on social distancing'

As a result FPN's and other punitive measures have been quashed.

Reporting ones neighbours is pure STASI be.

Next to come are 'Social Bubbles' as advised by Oxford Sociology academic Pers Block, who suggests we're all locked down or bubbled indefinitely and talks of 'population control'

I fear we'll never get out of this vicious control system we're currently under.

Mental health, domestic & child abuse, suicide & assault Murder stats will go off the graph the longer this continues.

Don't play their game.

The "let them do what they want and look after yourself" attitude is poor IMO. We're all in this together so it's about time large sections of society learned to respect their fellow citizens and not just think "me, me, me"."

nope, my post would have been one that you counted as blase but im at home alone all the time bar a shopping trip maybe once every 10 days roughly

i just don’t see the point anymore in getting stressed out about what your neighbour is doing unless they are personally in your space and putting you at risk ... especially the comments about wanting to get then in trouble with their employer it just came across petty to me

do whats best for you and leave the rest to it ... achieves nothing but getting yourself in a bad mood otherwise

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Never grass ...snichers get stitches....anyway after Cummings people can do what they like ...even the police know that now ..

.seafronts packed police are powerless....

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Being in groups of 6 doesn't break social distancing guidelines

It's possibly covered under large gatherings but I really doubt the police would intervene.

How often have you been close to 6 other people when shopping

Do yourself a favor and turn the other cheek, or be pleased they are discussing social distancing.

Btw how close were you to be listening to their conversation ?

"Never grass ...snichers get stitches....anyway after Cummings people can do what they like ...even the police know that now ..

.seafronts packed police are powerless...."

"Snitches get stitches"

Spoken by someone who clearly has either no respect for authority or who thinks people should be able to do whatever they like, when they like.

Is ringing the Police to report an old lady getting mugged, a bank being robbed or a woman/man/child being sexually abused classed as "snitching" as well?

Btw, I wish COVID had the ability to only take out those that have been flouting the rules since day 1. Great way of removing selfish ***** from our society.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Never grass ...snichers get stitches....anyway after Cummings people can do what they like ...even the police know that now ..

"Snitches get stitches"

Spoken by someone who clearly has either no respect for authority or who thinks people should be able to do whatever they like, when they like.

Is ringing the Police to report an old lady getting mugged, a bank being robbed or a woman/man/child being sexually abused classed as "snitching" as well?

Btw, I wish COVID had the ability to only take out those that have been flouting the rules since day 1. Great way of removing selfish ***** from our society. "

You wish COVID had killed everyone flouting the rules

"Snitches get stitches"

Btw, I wish COVID had the ability to only take out those that have been flouting the rules since day 1. Great way of removing selfish ***** from our society.

"

Why's that so shocking? If people don't give a f*ck about potentially passing a deadly disease onto me or my family, because they can't follow some simple rules because they're selfish then I certainly won't be losing any sleep over them.

Thousands of people have died through no fault of their own and potentially been infected by those who didn't adhere to lockdown properly. What's the difference between the spreaders and someone who takes a life through drink driving and then gets off with a minimal jail term?

Falkirk

"Snitches get stitches"

Why's that so shocking? If people don't give a f*ck about potentially passing a deadly disease onto me or my family, because they can't follow some simple rules because they're selfish then I certainly won't be losing any sleep over them.

Thousands of people have died through no fault of their own and potentially been infected by those who didn't adhere to lockdown properly. What's the difference between the spreaders and someone who takes a life through drink driving and then gets off with a minimal jail term? "

The people that don't give a fuck probably aren't reading this post.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I personally have no interest in reporting anybody, but that is my general outlook on life normally.

I do what feels ethically right for myself and feel that everybody else do their thing too.

I can't judge other people's circumstances or health, mental or physical.

I just really see it as not my concern. I know not everybody else feels like this of course.

"Snitches get stitches"

Thousands of people have died through no fault of their own and potentially been infected by those who didn't adhere to lockdown properly. What's the difference between the spreaders and someone who takes a life through drink driving and then gets off with a minimal jail term?

"

Reading many of the responses to the OP I beg to differ.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Torridge Area of Devon

They're not "breaking the law", just not following the BS advice anymore, like myself, because the risks are so minimal. "

As they say ignorance of the Law is no Excuse. There are certainly a few ignorant people around.

Although in English Law the Police cannot enforce a 2m social distancing rule. It is an offence under the Corona virus Act 2020. Schedule 22 Powers to issue directions relating to events, gatherings and premises

A FPN maybe issued at the discretion of the Police. Repeated offences or refusal to accept ant FPN may result in Arrests being made.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I wouldn't report, unless I knew a lot more information and there was an imminent danger to be averted.

The advice and what the government are doing is too much of a mess.

Falkirk

"Snitches get stitches"

Reading many of the responses to the OP I beg to differ."

Many of the responses are don't do anything.

Don't bother and get on with it.

Thanks to certain government officials any sort of guidance that was previously implemented has now been lost.

There is no control from the authority's thus people are openly exploiting the already vauge guidance.

What are you going to do?

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

Want to have people in your home and be within the rules? - - As you're allowed to sell your home simply put a For Sale sign in your window then your frends and family become potential buyers.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"No, don't report, the ACPO have already admitted that they 'misinterpreted government guidelines on social distancing'

As a result FPN's and other punitive measures have been quashed.

Reporting ones neighbours is pure STASI be.

Next to come are 'Social Bubbles' as advised by Oxford Sociology academic Pers Block, who suggests we're all locked down or bubbled indefinitely and talks of 'population control'

I fear we'll never get out of this vicious control system we're currently under.

Mental health, domestic & child abuse, suicide & assault Murder stats will go off the graph the longer this continues.

Don't play their game. "

This.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 26/05/20 11:49:22]

It shouldn't need total control from authorities for people to use common sense and to care about their fellow mankind.

It shouldn't need Police pulling people in the street and fining them/arresting them.

All it takes is someone to say to themselves "am I potentially putting someone else at risk here?". If that answer is "yes" then don't do it simples. Nobbers like Cummings shouldn't skew everyone else's view on lockdown guidance. "Well they did it" isn't a defence, it's just a cop out to justify to yourself why you're lacking self-control. Millions of us are pulling rank for the greater good. Yeah we all want BBQ's/family visits but we know holding out a few weeks longer in is what is required in the long run.

"Snitches get stitches"

Totky ridiculous comparison here.. "Is ringing the Police to report an old lady getting mugged, a bank being robbed or a woman/man/child being sexually abused classed as "snitching" as well? ""

Why? It's reporting something that isn't allowed to the Police?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Snitches get stitches"

Btw, I wish COVID had the ability to only take out those that have been flouting the rules since day 1. Great way of removing selfish ***** from our society. "

Another pointless, totally ridiculous comparison right here... "Is ringing the Police to report an old lady getting mugged, a bank being robbed or a woman/man/child being sexually abused classed as "snitching" as well? "

Falkirk

"It shouldn't need total control from authorities for people to use common sense and to care about their fellow mankind.

It shouldn't need Police pulling people in the street and fining them/arresting them.

All it takes is someone to say to themselves "am I potentially putting someone else at risk here?". If that answer is "yes" then don't do it simples. Nobbers like Cummings shouldn't skew everyone else's view on lockdown guidance. "Well they did it" isn't a defence, it's just a cop out to justify to yourself why you're lacking self-control. Millions of us are pulling rank for the greater good. Yeah we all want BBQ's/family visits but we know holding out a few weeks longer in is what is required in the long run."

The first part of your comment sums it up, people don't really care about anyone else apart from themselves and direct family.

And I'm the same i can only manage those close to me.

The government guidelines were designed that people mange themselves and thier families.

"Snitches get stitches"

Another pointless, totally ridiculous comparison right here... "Is ringing the Police to report an old lady getting mugged, a bank being robbed or a woman/man/child being sexually abused classed as "snitching" as well? ""

Well we'll agree to disagree on this one I think as it's "pointless".

Sounds like you are really keen to get a reputation as a curtain-twitcher here and fall out with your neighbours good style.

If you really want that then go right ahead, but be prepared to have to put up with the consequences.

They are not breaking the law, they are not harming you (and probably nobody else) so best to mind your own business.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Snitches get stitches"

Another pointless, totally ridiculous comparison right here... "Is ringing the Police to report an old lady getting mugged, a bank being robbed or a woman/man/child being sexually abused classed as "snitching" as well? "

Well we'll agree to disagree on this one I think as it's "pointless". "

Those are crimes that are breaking the law rather than rules, so I stand by my comment. There's a big difference between the two. You can't compare breaking lockdown rules to sex crimes, abuse and mugging. Totally ridiculous.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Sounds like you are really keen to get a reputation as a curtain-twitcher here and fall out with your neighbours good style.

If you really want that then go right ahead, but be prepared to have to put up with the consequences.

They are not breaking the law, they are not harming you (and probably nobody else) so best to mind your own business."

I'm glad my neighbours aren't like that tbh. I'd hate it.

"It shouldn't need total control from authorities for people to use common sense and to care about their fellow mankind.

All it takes is someone to say to themselves "am I potentially putting someone else at risk here?". If that answer is "yes" then don't do it simples. Nobbers like Cummings shouldn't skew everyone else's view on lockdown guidance. "Well they did it" isn't a defence, it's just a cop out to justify to yourself why you're lacking self-control. Millions of us are pulling rank for the greater good. Yeah we all want BBQ's/family visits but we know holding out a few weeks longer in is what is required in the long run."

So how will holding out a few weeks longer help get rid of the virus? It will keep on spreading unless they lock everyone that has it up in a concentration camp until it's over.

If they have no vaccination or 'cure' it will stay around for much longer yet.

Covid 19, like the flu is here ro stay.

Abortions also kill more people a month than covid. Mankind is it's own worst enemy. Let the weak perish like evolution intended.

"Hey in my home I’ve got a bookcase & behind that is a secret room , so if anyone wants to hide up for a while give me a shout "

Hahaha I'll grab my diary...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No just avoid them

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Gotta love the curtain twitchers

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

The most Kareny Karens are the CoronaKarens.

"Is this you at the end of the video OP?

https://youtu.be/wfGAktuU93s"

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

So it is perfectly acceptable for key workers to go to work every single day mingling with colleagues and risking their lives so the people isolating can stay safe and sound in their homes and still get water, food, electric and everything else delivered to their door, or keep a health service running in case those in lockdown need it. But if anyone gets together socially you want to report them to the police?

It smacks of such hypocrisy that people can risk their lives to keep you safe but are damned if they want to release the tension of a life literally on the edge by socialising. I do not know if you neighbours are key workers or not, i am and i know it is not always possible to keep social distancing. So i am allowed to risk my life for your benefit but not for any other reason?

Police wont do shit! The only thing they can do is advise they are breaking rules - its a joke, police are and always have been , even more now then ever. If you want greif off your neighbours then grass on them

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"The most Kareny Karens are the CoronaKarens. "

Haaaaa Haaaaaa. Yep this is it exactly lol

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I wouldn't bother reporting them. Leave enforcement to the police. If you think, their behaviour raises risk, just stay away from them. If you were to report them, police can't issue any penalty, unless they see them. Not on your say so. You could even have police watch your road, it might be you who gets busted!

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Labor attack dog Alistair Campbell has been busted and photographed hugging a friend after spending hours on media shooting his big gob off

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"So it is perfectly acceptable for key workers to go to work every single day mingling with colleagues and risking their lives so the people isolating can stay safe and sound in their homes and still get water, food, electric and everything else delivered to their door, or keep a health service running in case those in lockdown need it. But if anyone gets together socially you want to report them to the police?

It smacks of such hypocrisy that people can risk their lives to keep you safe but are damned if they want to release the tension of a life literally on the edge by socialising. I do not know if you neighbours are key workers or not, i am and i know it is not always possible to keep social distancing. So i am allowed to risk my life for your benefit but not for any other reason? "

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I bet the people saying that others should do what they like are clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night and would be saying something totally different if a family member got it bad.

The whole we are in this together to try and make sure we are all safe has sure up and left

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

They are not breaking the law, they are not harming you (and probably nobody else) so best to mind your own business.

"

So what happens if one of them has Covid and passes it onto all of them, those people don't yet know they have Covid and go for their shopping and passes too close to someone because they don't give a toss about any guidelines, gives it to that person. Times that by how many were in a party in someones garden, how many people could they potentially pass it to I wonder. Does it then become other peoples business?

Falkirk

"I bet the people saying that others should do what they like are clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night and would be saying something totally different if a family member got it bad.

The whole we are in this together to try and make sure we are all safe has sure up and left"

People a prepared to take the gamble.

Nothing you can do but to protect your own.

leeds

"So it is perfectly acceptable for key workers to go to work every single day mingling with colleagues and risking their lives so the people isolating can stay safe and sound in their homes and still get water, food, electric and everything else delivered to their door, or keep a health service running in case those in lockdown need it. But if anyone gets together socially you want to report them to the police?

It smacks of such hypocrisy that people can risk their lives to keep you safe but are damned if they want to release the tension of a life literally on the edge by socialising. I do not know if you neighbours are key workers or not, i am and i know it is not always possible to keep social distancing. So i am allowed to risk my life for your benefit but not for any other reason? "

They're not key workers and one is even shielding as they will more than likely die if they catch the virus if you read the thread! Mrs is a key worker and I'm due to return in days as I come under construction/DIY label. I'm just waiting on things been finalised.

So we are already/will be risking our own and our families lives and health for you also! So don't have a pop at us on that one please. Just remember that it's these rule breakers who will spread the virus again and not the likes of us who are sticking to the rules.

We've been tard as been Nazis,the Stassi as well as been threatened with snitches get stitches (sounds like a threat to us if that person would like to try and follow that one up!?) Amongst other things. And now yourself saying your risking your life for us to stay at home when you don't even know us and our situation. There's also been talk of concentration camps which we find highly offensive and disrespectful as we are nowhere near endearing the suffering that happened in these places. The overall feeling has been if it doesn't effect me I'm not bothered. Well when these rule breakers spread the virus again and it lands on all of your families doorsteps and makes you ill, if not worse. Don't be pointing fingers at anyone other than yourselves for allowing this behaviour to happen and continue. Meeting people at your home is against the rules unless delivering essential items no matter what you all think. Not to have a social gathering end of! And you can be issued a fixed penalty for this. Hence why anyone on here advertising for meets is band. Sadly yes it is frustrating for everyone that you can go to work and mingle with others but you can't have friends and family at your home, but these are the rules we should be and need to be following. We don't make them so don't be throwing these rules and guides about at us, we're the ones trying to keep you all safe by sticking to them!

We're not going to communicate further on this matter as we've had enough of the abuse thrown at us. Through all of this we've been civil but in return received personal attacks.

We do hope that everyone stays safe and well through these stressful and troubling times in the long run.

Can a forum moderator please close this thread as it has run totally out of control.

Thank you.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Can a forum moderator please close this thread as it has run totally out of control.

Thank you. "

It hasn't

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I bet the people saying that others should do what they like are clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night and would be saying something totally different if a family member got it bad.

The whole we are in this together to try and make sure we are all safe has sure up and left

Nothing you can do but to protect your own. "

That isn't the point I made. I said I bet those hypocritical people will still be clapping for the NHS on a Thursday when they could potentially be making their jobs harder and riskier because there may be more people ill

Falkirk

Nothing you can do but to protect your own.

That isn't the point I made. I said I bet those hypocritical people will still be clapping for the NHS on a Thursday when they could potentially be making their jobs harder and riskier because there may be more people ill

"

Nothing you can do about the hypocrisy of people unfortunately.

Like I said people are prepared to to take the gamble and yes this will have knock on effect for the NHS by causing potentially a second wave.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Actually people can do something about the hypocritical people if they want to let the authorities know, I am not sure it will stop selfish people from doing it again though.

I know the OP got some stick for even asking should she report but I am guessing the ones on lots of threads before and possibly here would report someone on the forum for breaking rules.

I suppose it depends on what people think is more important

Falkirk

"Actually people can do something about the hypocritical people if they want to let the authorities know, I am not sure it will stop selfish people from doing it again though.

I know the OP got some stick for even asking should she report but I am guessing the ones on lots of threads before and possibly here would report someone on the forum for breaking rules.

I suppose it depends on what people think is more important"

From the replies on the thread it seems if something is reported the authority's take either to long to respond or can't prove if an issue has occurred.

People have obviously picked up on this and are flaunting the rules knowing that the penalty for thier actions will be minimal if any.

Family and friend groups are slowly starting to expand because attitudes are continually changing.

Should the behaviour be reported, yes.

Will anything be done. Who knows.

Interested to know what the OP decided to do, after all these comments.

They did want help after all....

God help em

Everybody else, enjoy the sun and try to stay away from the media!

Give yourself a break - try to relax.....

Here's a thought. Why don't you just mind your own business? People like you make me sick to my stomach. Never heard such drivel in my life. You seriously need to find something else to do with you time. If you have the balls go and speak to your neighbours directly rather than slag them off on here. I bet you have plastered this on FB too haven't you?

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"Here's a thought. Why don't you just mind your own business? People like you make me sick to my stomach. Never heard such drivel in my life. You seriously need to find something else to do with you time. If you have the balls go and speak to your neighbours directly rather than slag them off on here. I bet you have plastered this on FB too haven't you? "

Omg are you her neighbour?

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

How about, find something else to do rather than beating yourself up?

I see rule breakers all the time, but so long as it doesn't affect you, why bother...

I've been keeping to myself since March and keeping myself safe, so I'm not really bothered what neighbors get up to and yes, neighbors have been having friends round for BBQs... But that's their funeral.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

I’ve not really read the rest of the thread but I’m sensing a divide. I think ‘we’re all in this together’ makes ppl rule breaking everybody’s business. How far you take that is subjective. I regularly have to ask ppl politely to move when causing an obstruction in the supermarket preventing social distancing. I’ve made a call to 111 when I came across teenagers camping in the woods and chasing livestock in the adjacent field. Regardless of the rules in place some ppl won’t comply. So in answer to your question OP, it’s a tricky one as you live next door to them. However, consider how you’d feel if a loved one became seriously ill as a result of their recklessness. Once you’ve got that in mind make your decision. That is if you haven’t already

To get back to the original point, I did a job today for the first time in nine weeks, It was part of a bigger job that required a few trades, I was shocked that people don’t social distance or even consider it.

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

Seriously ask yourself the exam question, what do you expect to achieve by entering into your neighbours issue by calling the police? By the time you have dialled 999, informed the controller, given your name, address and telephone number you will probably start to regret the whole process anyway. The only thing surely you need to do is to ensure your own safety and that of your close ones. Keep out of others way both physically and mentally is by far the more effective and undoubtedly less stressful option.

Seriously ask yourself the exam question, what do you expect to achieve by entering into your neighbours issue by calling the police? By the time you have dialled 999, informed the controller, given your name, address and telephone number you will probably start to regret the whole process anyway. The only thing surely you need to do is to ensure your own safety and that of your close ones. Keep out of others way both physically and mentally is by far the more effective and undoubtedly less stressful option."

Good advice, people are back earning money now because they have to, wear gloves, mask if you like but always stay socially distant and carry sanitizer , look after yourself and what anybody else does is up to them. Most people haven’t got the strength or bank account to carry on with a lockdown, the police shouldn’t even come into the equation, the horse has bolted

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Here's a thought. Why don't you just mind your own business? People like you make me sick to my stomach. Never heard such drivel in my life. You seriously need to find something else to do with you time. If you have the balls go and speak to your neighbours directly rather than slag them off on here. I bet you have plastered this on FB too haven't you? "

Here's a thought why don't you think! Seriously the reason nurses and doctors don't want people to mix is because it's dangerous and putting that to one side, cost of an intensive care bed paid for from our taxes is? A fucking lot! That's why it's an issue!

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Did anyone see bbc news at ten. In the motuary.

Where the covid people go.

Thats why we are doing this... To keep the vulnerable and everyone alive.

There seems to be a whole other virus affecting people

Symptoms seem to be an urge to vilify those who are trying to do the right thing for the common good

Falkirk

"Here's a thought. Why don't you just mind your own business? People like you make me sick to my stomach. Never heard such drivel in my life. You seriously need to find something else to do with you time. If you have the balls go and speak to your neighbours directly rather than slag them off on here. I bet you have plastered this on FB too haven't you?

Symptoms seem to be an urge to vilify those who are trying to do the right thing for the common good "

Sounds like a line from Shaun of the Dead

Die of no money or go to work it’s nobody’s fault we all have to eat, the people get what the people vote for its 4//2 years til you can speak again

By *issVeryWoman  over a year ago

streatham

Interesting..I just finished reading another thread on here that was totally bashing the government and the PM calling them incompetent, useless, etc..

Then I come here and people take what the government says around these rules as holy gospel...

Which is it?

I am a key worker. From around mid April I started to have my mum over (she’s key worker too) and meet a friend for a walk(not 2m apart).. If I agree that the government handling is atrocious, then I need to use my own judgement/risk assessment on what to do and where to go. (And of course that doesn’t include travelling with symptoms or test driving my eyesight!)

If Boris Hancock and Co in tomorrow’s briefing said “actually, it’s fine you can meet and not distance”, will you automatically and straightaway change your behaviour? There is no on/off switch. I say, be vigilant with hygiene, aware what you’re touching and where you’re going, respect people’s space and yes distance when out and about.. but when it comes to friends and family, you all know your situation and can do your own risk assessment.

Notts

"Interesting..I just finished reading another thread on here that was totally bashing the government and the PM calling them incompetent, useless, etc..

Then I come here and people take what the government says around these rules as holy gospel...

Which is it?

I am a key worker. From around mid April I started to have my mum over (she’s key worker too) and meet a friend for a walk(not 2m apart).. If I agree that the government handling is atrocious, then I need to use my own judgement/risk assessment on what to do and where to go. (And of course that doesn’t include travelling with symptoms or test driving my eyesight!)

If Boris Hancock and Co in tomorrow’s briefing said “actually, it’s fine you can meet and not distance”, will you automatically and straightaway change your behaviour? There is no on/off switch. I say, be vigilant with hygiene, aware what you’re touching and where you’re going, respect people’s space and yes distance when out and about.. but when it comes to friends and family, you all know your situation and can do your own risk assessment.

"

You're quite right the tax laws are a bit shit so we should all make our own up and decide what works and the police aren't much cop (pun intended) so just use a hammer where appropriate lol and that's the trouble when we all decide what is and isn't acceptable behaviour lol I certainly don't think the government are perfect, are they ever? Is anyone? But taking a machine gun to the neighbours is perhaps going to far... Nah lock and load, strongest rule lol

streatham

I said nothing about making up your own rules. I said make your own risk assessment. The government doesn’t know you personally or your friends and family.. if you’ve been at home for weeks and your family down the road has too..why can’t you meet? Please realise I am suggesting an element of sense NOT stupidity and hazardous behaviour.

"Interesting..I just finished reading another thread on here that was totally bashing the government and the PM calling them incompetent, useless, etc..

Which is it?

You're quite right the tax laws are a bit shit so we should all make our own up and decide what works and the police aren't much cop (pun intended) so just use a hammer where appropriate lol and that's the trouble when we all decide what is and isn't acceptable behaviour lol I certainly don't think the government are perfect, are they ever? Is anyone? But taking a machine gun to the neighbours is perhaps going to far... Nah lock and load, strongest rule lol "

Notts

You seem to have missed my point, your slight bending of the rules, sorry, personal risk assessment, as the police, tax man, health advisor.... Etc don't know you, opens Pandora's box. Interesting that people didn't think Cummings a very intelligent man was capable of doing his own assessment lol but you think everyone is capable? Everyone? Or just you and a few others?

streatham

"You seem to have missed my point, your slight bending of the rules, sorry, personal risk assessment, as the police, tax man, health advisor.... Etc don't know you, opens Pandora's box. Interesting that people didn't think Cummings a very intelligent man was capable of doing his own assessment lol but you think everyone is capable? Everyone? Or just you and a few others? "

Re Cummings- just because you’re intelligent doesn’t mean you aren’t an evil vile human..

My main point was, if people think (as per other threads on here) that the government’s handling of this crisis was and is a complete shambles, why be so sure that they know the exact moment you can meet your sister/brother..

Notts

"You seem to have missed my point, your slight bending of the rules, sorry, personal risk assessment, as the police, tax man, health advisor.... Etc don't know you, opens Pandora's box. Interesting that people didn't think Cummings a very intelligent man was capable of doing his own assessment lol but you think everyone is capable? Everyone? Or just you and a few others?

Re Cummings- just because you’re intelligent doesn’t mean you aren’t an evil vile human..

My main point was, if people think (as per other threads on here) that the government’s handling of this crisis was and is a complete shambles, why be so sure that they know the exact moment you can meet your sister/brother..

"

So cummings can't do his own risk assessment then? But you can and your mum can lol I rest my point, you know best. Can I meet people today please, they've promised me they have self isolated and I have to ..... Don't answer I'll leave it there.

streatham

"You seem to have missed my point, your slight bending of the rules, sorry, personal risk assessment, as the police, tax man, health advisor.... Etc don't know you, opens Pandora's box. Interesting that people didn't think Cummings a very intelligent man was capable of doing his own assessment lol but you think everyone is capable? Everyone? Or just you and a few others?

So cummings can't do his own risk assessment then? But you can and your mum can lol I rest my point, you know best. Can I meet people today please, they've promised me they have self isolated and I have to ..... Don't answer I'll leave it there. "

Not that he can’t, It’s because HE IS doing it that I can’t blindly listen to Boris and co! His and the response from gov show he doesn’t give a shit about the people, so I will use my brain and question things.. please don’t twist my words, I didn’t advocate for going and meeting random people, or going out when you and someone in your household is ill!

Notts

So cummings can't do his own risk assessment then? But you can and your mum can lol I rest my point, you know best. Can I meet people today please, they've promised me they have self isolated and I have to ..... Don't answer I'll leave it there.

Not that he can’t, It’s because HE IS doing it that I can’t blindly listen to Boris and co! His and the response from gov show he doesn’t give a shit about the people, so I will use my brain and question things.. please don’t twist my words, I didn’t advocate for going and meeting random people, or going out when you and someone in your household is ill! "

I'm not arguing with you, just read your own words, in your first post you stated ......in April, you were visiting your mum...before the Cummings thing raised its head you had decided to do your own thing, now you are saying because he has done it..... Hmmmm looks like you and Cummings are similar!

streatham

Lordy! I’m not saying BECAUSE HE has done it, I’m doing it! I’m saying his actions just cemented the fact that my views back in April regarding the handling by government was correct.. I’m not using Cummings as an excuse or a role model! I’m saying his behaviour and the behaviour of his gang, highlight the need to think for yourself.. if you agree that the government has fucked it up from the start, Why is the “when you can meet” the one thing you think they haven’t?..is all I’m saying..

By *ark-Nat 2016Couple  over a year ago

cheshire

What was that song by Cast back in the day

Oh yeah, Walkaway

Let them crack on it's there health

Notts

"Lordy! I’m not saying BECAUSE HE has done it, I’m doing it! I’m saying his actions just cemented the fact that my views back in April regarding the handling by government was correct.. I’m not using Cummings as an excuse or a role model! I’m saying his behaviour and the behaviour of his gang, highlight the need to think for yourself.. if you agree that the government has fucked it up from the start, Why is the “when you can meet” the one thing you think they haven’t?..is all I’m saying.. "

When you joined this thread you started by saying, ignore the government they are stupid and you know better......I replied saying yes we all think we know better lol but it opens pandoras box of chaos.... Now you are saying Cummings the vile lol has proved you right! So you do agree with his actions lol you are changing tact..... Fact remains we have guidelines and rules for a reason, if we all just do our own take we are more likely to spread infection........ Of course we might get away with it, sounds like you and mum have, but that doesn't make it right.

streatham

"

When you joined this thread you started by saying, ignore the government they are stupid and you know better......"

I don’t want to insult your literacy skills but that is not what I said, where did I say those words..debating this with you is futile. You still do not comprehend the point I’m making..I do not agree with Cums actions, I agree that his actions highlight that the people giving me messages since the start, are vile atrocious, self serving liars, and therefore I will not disengage my brain when I switch on the daily briefing..

Notts

"

When you joined this thread you started by saying, ignore the government they are stupid and you know better......

I don’t want to insult your literacy skills but that is not what I said, where did I say those words..debating this with you is futile. You still do not comprehend the point I’m making..I do not agree with Cums actions, I agree that his actions highlight that the people giving me messages since the start, are vile atrocious, self serving liars, and therefore I will not disengage my brain when I switch on the daily briefing..

"

Face facts, you are a key worker that has chosen to break the rules, well done you! Let's hope everyone follows your example lol

By *reatformeatWoman  over a year ago

my own bubble

Personaly i think theres to many covid police with opinions . We are still free people so in my opinion people should keep there nose out of other peoples buissnes and worry about themself

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Think some people couldn’t care less now for whatever reason, our neighbours in their 80’s currently have their daughter, son in law and two kids and also their son and new girlfriend around, they are in the garden but I’m sure they will all be back and to in the kitchen and toilet.

"Personaly i think theres to many covid police with opinions . We are still free people so in my opinion people should keep there nose out of other peoples buissnes and worry about themself "

I agree

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Think some people couldn’t care less now for whatever reason, our neighbours in their 80’s currently have their daughter, son in law and two kids and also their son and new girlfriend around, they are in the garden but I’m sure they will all be back and to in the kitchen and toilet. "

Someone in their eighties might prefer to make the most of the life they have left rather than live in isolation.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

For many people social distancing is a joke. Problem in this country is that many people think the rules don’t apply to them, thinking they are safe.

These people don’t realise that you don’t need to have symptoms to be contagious.

So you should report them, think about yourself and your own. As they don’t give a toss about you.

"Think some people couldn’t care less now for whatever reason, our neighbours in their 80’s currently have their daughter, son in law and two kids and also their son and new girlfriend around, they are in the garden but I’m sure they will all be back and to in the kitchen and toilet.

Someone in their eighties might prefer to make the most of the life they have left rather than live in isolation. "

True but how about the ambulance people that have to come for them and the hospital staff that have to care for them if they do catch it and become to ill to stay home, we are talking 4 different households in one house, not really ideal.

Tonbridge

"Think some people couldn’t care less now for whatever reason, our neighbours in their 80’s currently have their daughter, son in law and two kids and also their son and new girlfriend around, they are in the garden but I’m sure they will all be back and to in the kitchen and toilet.

Someone in their eighties might prefer to make the most of the life they have left rather than live in isolation.

True but how about the ambulance people that have to come for them and the hospital staff that have to care for them if they do catch it and become to ill to stay home, we are talking 4 different households in one house, not really ideal."

People who breakdown on the motorway and put an AA or RAC responder's life at risk are doing the same thing.

Tonbridge

"For many people social distancing is a joke. Problem in this country is that many people think the rules don’t apply to them, thinking they are safe.

These people don’t realise that you don’t need to have symptoms to be contagious.

So you should report them, think about yourself and your own. As they don’t give a toss about you."

If the 'you' that you refer to is at undue risk of dying from catching it, then they should be isolating and won't come anywhere near the rule breakers.

Notts

There's always some dick who goes out to sea on an air bed and then needs saving, or jumps off a bridge into the river or takes too many drugs or thinks screw covid IF the emergency services could just say, fuck him the prick, I'd agree all is fair in love and war.... But then the dick head crazy I'm living my life guy cries .... help! they didn't know, didn't understand, they made a mistake....... That is the issue, they take others with them.

"There's always some dick who goes out to sea on an air bed and then needs saving, or jumps off a bridge into the river or takes too many drugs or thinks screw covid IF the emergency services could just say, fuck him the prick, I'd agree all is fair in love and war.... But then the dick head crazy I'm living my life guy cries .... help! they didn't know, didn't understand, they made a mistake....... That is the issue, they take others with them.

"

Snorting at the dick on an airbed floating out to sea!!

And yeah I agree.

I wonder if the twats who got stuck when the sea came in the other week had to pay for the rescue mission.

We live very much in a "do as I say,not as I do" society

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"We live very much in a "do as I say,not as I do" society "

This

The cummings effect

"

When you joined this thread you started by saying, ignore the government they are stupid and you know better......

Face facts, you are a key worker that has chosen to break the rules, well done you! Let's hope everyone follows your example lol "

You must be fun at parties

"Did anyone see bbc news at ten. In the motuary.

Where the covid people go.

Thats why we are doing this... To keep the vulnerable and everyone alive. "

You watched that before bed, did you sleep well

Good grief!

Notts

[Removed by poster at 29/05/20 10:13:12]

Well, this thread is now pointless as from Monday people are allowed to meet in groups while social distancing, so OP can't grass the neighbours up anymore

do a citizens arrest i mean they are criminals

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

" The highway code is a set of rules enforceable by law. "

UH, UH nope the Highway code is not enforcable in law some of the Highway Code contains legal requirements, those sections are enforcable not because they are in the Highway code but because they are legal requirements.

Notts

Don't bother with law and rules it's all made up anyway, make your own up, I'm using game of thrones as a start point, my needle will be very busy!

"Here's a thought. Why don't you just mind your own business? People like you make me sick to my stomach. Never heard such drivel in my life. You seriously need to find something else to do with you time. If you have the balls go and speak to your neighbours directly rather than slag them off on here.

I bet you have plastered this on FB too haven't you?

Symptoms seem to be an urge to vilify those who are trying to do the right thing for the common good

Sounds like a line from Shaun of the Dead "

We just believe in people being up front with people if they dont like it well they should tell them ..we have not been out any where and stuck to the rules I have diabetes and other health problems so definitely dont want to get it I just dont get in evolved with what other people are doing because it's none of our buisness

"Here's a thought. Why don't you just mind your own business? People like you make me sick to my stomach. Never heard such drivel in my life. You seriously need to find something else to do with you time. If you have the balls go and speak to your neighbours directly rather than slag them off on here.

No of course not we just dont do people who moan and bitch about people behind their backs...we have followed the government rules completely havent seen my friends and family for nearly 10 weeks I would rather be safe and not get it or spread it

Symptoms seem to be an urge to vilify those who are trying to do the right thing for the common good "

No of course not we just dont do people who moan and bitch about people behind their backs...we have followed the government rules completely havent seen my friends and family for nearly 10 weeks I would rather be safe and not get it or spread it

Not unless you have a connection with the Hitler youth

Just social distance yourself outside your household clean and sanitise hands, i have no problem of telling someone who steps to close to me to step back when they can clearly see the lines, if moving towards me in supermarket i just step to side and put trolley in the way

Some of my neighbours have been braking the guidelines/rules since the beginning! It's pretty much the same in whole country. I did not and won't be reporting.

People making their own choices because Gov is weak. Let's see how June goes...

make a citizens arrest i mean they are criminals

"make a citizens arrest i mean they are criminals "

Observing social distancing so will have a word in 2021. I could shout over the fence in a firm voice... something like "pack it in!" might work. They will probably shout back saying "shurrup" or "go to sleep" bunch of party animals the lot of them!!

"make a citizens arrest i mean they are criminals

Observing social distancing so will have a word in 2021. I could shout over the fence in a firm voice... something like "pack it in!" might work. They will probably shout back saying "shurrup" or "go to sleep" bunch of party animals the lot of them!!"

its gone on too long you can't really blame some people although they will be

Observing social distancing so will have a word in 2021. I could shout over the fence in a firm voice... something like "pack it in!" might work. They will probably shout back saying "shurrup" or "go to sleep" bunch of party animals the lot of them!!its gone on too long you can't really blame some people although they will be "

I'm cool with my neighbours so get their frustrations. And country yet again is divided because Gov is weak! Rebels on one side and law abiding social citizens on the other...

My concern is the ripple effect! Those same people go out and about shopping/working etc if spreading virus without knowing it's only a matter of time some of those infected end up in hospital... some of those become seriously ill... next thing you know, pow! Lockdown.

Second wave, more like a shockwave to the whole system

Observing social distancing so will have a word in 2021. I could shout over the fence in a firm voice... something like "pack it in!" might work. They will probably shout back saying "shurrup" or "go to sleep" bunch of party animals the lot of them!!its gone on too long you can't really blame some people although they will be

I'm cool with my neighbours so get their frustrations. And country yet again is divided because Gov is weak! Rebels on one side and law abiding social citizens on the other...

My concern is the ripple effect! Those same people go out and about shopping/working etc if spreading virus without knowing it's only a matter of time some of those infected end up in hospital... some of those become seriously ill... next thing you know, pow! Lockdown.

Second wave, more like a shockwave to the whole system "

unfortunately thats life though, its the guilt trip thing thats keeping us imprisoned for months with no stimulation, some people just don't like their own company

Look after yourselves the best you can. Leave the others to do what they do.

Nope. Just really not my thing to be a tout. That’s their problem, il keep my nose out of it. Just my opinion

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

I think you might be disappointed to know the police have no powers to enforce social distancing

Observing social distancing so will have a word in 2021. I could shout over the fence in a firm voice... something like "pack it in!" might work. They will probably shout back saying "shurrup" or "go to sleep" bunch of party animals the lot of them!!its gone on too long you can't really blame some people although they will be

Second wave, more like a shockwave to the whole system unfortunately thats life though, its the guilt trip thing thats keeping us imprisoned for months with no stimulation, some people just don't like their own company "

"Guilt trip" is interesting... nothing wrong with self love, even though I don't indulge in that myself. I suppose some people prefer Cummings style...

Sightseeing for stimulation

Second wave, more like a shockwave to the whole system unfortunately thats life though, its the guilt trip thing thats keeping us imprisoned for months with no stimulation, some people just don't like their own company

"Guilt trip" is interesting... nothing wrong with self love, even though I don't indulge in that myself. I suppose some people prefer Cummings style...

Sightseeing for stimulation "

lol

People only think the 2mtr distancing is when sitting, we walked past about 50 people yesterday and it was us that moved every time, nobody else moved even an inch, most walking 4 abreast, kind of makes you think why bother when most people don’t give two hoots

Protestors crowding the streets in London. Packed together.

Tonbridge

"People only think the 2mtr distancing is when sitting, we walked past about 50 people yesterday and it was us that moved every time, nobody else moved even an inch, most walking 4 abreast, kind of makes you think why bother when most people don’t give two hoots "

The chances of catching it from spending half a second within 2m of someone is infinitesimal, which is why contact tracing only kicks in if you spend 15 minutes close to someone infected.

By *ich HardMan  over a year ago

Saffron Walden

this

Notts

"People only think the 2mtr distancing is when sitting, we walked past about 50 people yesterday and it was us that moved every time, nobody else moved even an inch, most walking 4 abreast, kind of makes you think why bother when most people don’t give two hoots

The chances of catching it from spending half a second within 2m of someone is infinitesimal, which is why contact tracing only kicks in if you spend 15 minutes close to someone infected."

Unless they use that second to cough or sneeze right in your face or shove the finger they were sucking right in your mouth or ..........

"People only think the 2mtr distancing is when sitting, we walked past about 50 people yesterday and it was us that moved every time, nobody else moved even an inch, most walking 4 abreast, kind of makes you think why bother when most people don’t give two hoots

The chances of catching it from spending half a second within 2m of someone is infinitesimal, which is why contact tracing only kicks in if you spend 15 minutes close to someone infected."

There has also been more than one study confirming that the risk of catching it while walking, running or cycling are extremely low.

The chances of catching it from spending half a second within 2m of someone is infinitesimal, which is why contact tracing only kicks in if you spend 15 minutes close to someone infected.

Unless they use that second to cough or sneeze right in your face or shove the finger they were sucking right in your mouth or .........."

has anyone done that to you yet though

There has also been more than one study confirming that the risk of catching it while walking, running or cycling are extremely low. "

Well I don’t want to be the unlucky one that somebody does a snotty infested sneeze on in that nano second, kind of think it’s manners and consideration for others when people have been advised to keep 2mtrs distance but I suppose we’re all built different oh and we all know how wrong these study’s can be.

how many people here know anyone who has had a serious illness?

lets do a survey of people we know who have had covid and survived?