FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine update?

Vaccine update?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sianManc OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I've not been watching the news as much lately so what's the latest news on the vaccine?

And whether you have any vaccine info to share or not here's an extra question.... are you waiting for this vaccine before you go out or are you not fussed and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've not been watching the news as much lately so what's the latest news on the vaccine?

And whether you have any vaccine info to share or not here's an extra question.... are you waiting for this vaccine before you go out or are you not fussed and why?"

Why don't you Google vaccine etc and get the proper information from a reputable news outlet

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Well the petition against mandatory vaccination is half a million so far ... I won’t be having any vaccine ...

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

there now saying because the number of infections keeps dropping they may not even be able to test it .would i have a vaccine no not straight away think id wait a cpl years first to see if there any side effects and then weigh up wether i gona risk having it or not

The leading vaccine was the Oxford one in the UK. As one stated the infection rates have dropped so any trial wont show if its working or not. If you actually read about it they are using a slightly modified existing vacine which has been trialed and tested...

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

The same thing happened with SARS in 2003, the epidemic burned itself out so there were not enough infected people left to test the virus on. So the drug companies stopped researching. The article linked below makes for interesting reading.

https://sciencemediahub.eu/2020/04/03/a-scientists-opinion-interview-with-professor-paul-digard-on-research-efforts-to-develop-treatments-against-covid-19/

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Well the petition against mandatory vaccination is half a million so far ... I won’t be having any vaccine ... "

I didn't know there was such a thing. Sign me up!

"The same thing happened with SARS in 2003, the epidemic burned itself out so there were not enough infected people left to test the virus on. So the drug companies stopped researching. The article linked below makes for interesting reading.

https://sciencemediahub.eu/2020/04/03/a-scientists-opinion-interview-with-professor-paul-digard-on-research-efforts-to-develop-treatments-against-covid-19/"

That was a great article

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Great points. We'll possibly have the greatest chance of getting the Oxford vaccine if it proves effective and safe.

Of the 90 or so in development, the USA one in trial seemed positive.

The WHO discussed healthy volunteers given the virus, to monitor their health and vaccine effectiveness. They'd likely be young people, who are less at risk of a severe reaction or death.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

It seems history is repeating itself. Petitions against the vaccine as there were against the smallpox vaccine. Do you honestly think that the vaccine will be released for use before it has been tested thoroughly according to all the guidelines.

"It seems history is repeating itself. Petitions against the vaccine as there were against the smallpox vaccine. Do you honestly think that the vaccine will be released for use before it has been tested thoroughly according to all the guidelines. "

Yes!

A safe vaccine takes many years to be developed.

This coronavirus vaccine is being fastracked skipping some key animal testing, in order to have it ready within a year/18 months.

The vaccine companies also have immunity to being prosecuted for injuries or death from the vaccine.

You'd have to be crazy to take this coronovirus vaccine.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"The vaccine companies also have immunity to being prosecuted for injuries or death from the vaccine."

This is simply not true.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Vaccine is a pipe dream, there are reports of the virus already mutating and weakening making it more difficult to make one.

and no I'm not waiting.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"It seems history is repeating itself. Petitions against the vaccine as there were against the smallpox vaccine. Do you honestly think that the vaccine will be released for use before it has been tested thoroughly according to all the guidelines.

Yes!

This coronavirus vaccine is being fastracked skipping some key animal testing, in order to have it ready within a year/18 months.

The vaccine companies also have immunity to being prosecuted for injuries or death from the vaccine.

You'd have to be crazy to take this coronovirus vaccine."

I'll do it... Says the man with a pencil up each nostril and a pair of pants on his head

Central

"It seems history is repeating itself. Petitions against the vaccine as there were against the smallpox vaccine. Do you honestly think that the vaccine will be released for use before it has been tested thoroughly according to all the guidelines.

Yes!

You'd have to be crazy to take this coronovirus vaccine."

What's your source for the claim about immunity against prosecution?

There are dozens of teams working on different forms of vaccine for this.

I can't understand why anyone would take a decision against something before the full medical research evidence is available. This would include all safety data and the scope and results of the actual research evidence.

I won't take any medical treatment without my own research and evaluation, unless not conscious and medics are saving my life. But I'd also not reject something that could save my life, such as from an infection, without evaluation of it. I'd prefer to postpone my potential death or acquisition of a serious health problem that may incapacity me for the rest of my life.

Durham

"Vaccine is a pipe dream, there are reports of the virus already mutating and weakening making it more difficult to make one.

and no I'm not waiting. "

A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal. With the amount of resources being thrown at it one should be developed a lot quicker than any vaccine in history. Lockdowns, social distancing and future effective treatments can buy us time do develop the vaccine. What is the alternative wait decades for natural herd immunity and put up with deaths and disability caused by covid in the mean time.

""The vaccine companies also have immunity to being prosecuted for injuries or death from the vaccine."

This is simply not true."

Yes it is true, stop spreading misinformation.

Under 42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 – Standards of responsibility: Paragraph (b), which addresses “Unavoidable adverse side effects; warnings” states, “(1) No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

"Vaccine is a pipe dream, there are reports of the virus already mutating and weakening making it more difficult to make one.

and no I'm not waiting.

A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal."

You sound like Bill Gates though he referred to the vaccine as the "final solution".

Recently an Italian MP called for the arrest of Bill Gates in their parliament.

Durham

and no I'm not waiting.

A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal.

You sound like Bill Gates though he referred to the vaccine as the "final solution".

"

Just being logical. What would bill gates be arrested for in Italy? Lots of british MPs are calling for dominic Cummings to arrested but he won't be. Also bill gates never said final solution he said the most likely solution.

Blackpool

Some has mashed up my post, I did not write this below.

"A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal."

I wouldn't trust bill Gates as far as I could trrow him.

Bracknell

""The vaccine companies also have immunity to being prosecuted for injuries or death from the vaccine."

This is simply not true.

Under 42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 – Standards of responsibility: Paragraph (b), which addresses “Unavoidable adverse side effects; warnings” states, “(1) No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

This is not the full wording of the code. If a manufacturer clearly details the known side effects of a vaccine and the people choose to have the vaccine, then the manufacturer will not be liable if in rare cases some people do end up with side effects or even death due to those side effects, as they would have been fully aware of any possible issues. The manufacturer will be liable if all the side effects etc are not detailed comprehensively or if the manufactured batch was not to the correct standard. You have read And shown only a small part of the code above and put a blanket statement on it

"

Durham

This is simply not true.

This is not the full wording of the code. If a manufacturer clearly details the known side effects of a vaccine and the people choose to have the vaccine, then the manufacturer will not be liable if in rare cases some people do end up with side effects or even death due to those side effects, as they would have been fully aware of any possible issues. The manufacturer will be liable if all the side effects etc are not detailed comprehensively or if the manufactured batch was not to the correct standard. You have read And shown only a small part of the code above and put a blanket statement on it

"

Since when has Bracknell been in the US.

and no I'm not waiting.

A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal.

Just being logical. What would bill gates be arrested for in Italy? Lots of british MPs are calling for dominic Cummings to arrested but he won't be. Also bill gates never said final solution he said the most likely solution."

Wrong again, he uses the exact words FINAL SOLUTION at 2:30 that even Colbert pulls him up on....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNiuaKKEPu8&t=256s

I guess you'll claim the video is fake.

Worth checking out the comments section to see how many people are not trusting Gates.

Bracknell

This is simply not true.

I never said it was.

"

Bracknell

This is simply not true.

I never said it was.

"

And it wasn’t me who put the US code onto the post.

Durham

This is simply not true.

I never said it was.

And it wasn’t me who put the US code onto the post."

It is only the law in the US. US and UK have vaccine damages funds. However as part of the EU you can sue any vaccine manufacturer.

Bracknell

This is simply not true.

I never said it was.

And it wasn’t me who put the US code onto the post.

It is only the law in the US. US and UK have vaccine damages funds. However as part of the EU you can sue any vaccine manufacturer."

If you read carefully, I was agreeing with you

Durham

"If you read carefully, I was agreeing with you "

Please accept my apologies.

Bracknell

""If you read carefully, I was agreeing with you "

Please accept my apologies. "

No worries

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Vaccines have a habit of doing the opposite to what's intended do.

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"I've not been watching the news as much lately so what's the latest news on the vaccine?

And whether you have any vaccine info to share or not here's an extra question.... are you waiting for this vaccine before you go out or are you not fussed and why?"

forget a vaccine

birmingham

and no I'm not waiting.

A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal. With the amount of resources being thrown at it one should be developed a lot quicker than any vaccine in history. Lockdowns, social distancing and future effective treatments can buy us time do develop the vaccine. What is the alternative wait decades for natural herd immunity and put up with deaths and disability caused by covid in the mean time."

herd immunity won't take decades - not for somwthing with a 0.1 mortality rate

birmingham

This is simply not true.

"

it's true - governments have agreed to pick up the tab rather than big pharma

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

"Vaccines have a habit of doing the opposite to what's intended do.

"

Which vaccine is the then be specific

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

For the first time this pandemic

I feel evolution will do what it does

The virus will evolve towards a less mortal enemy

Many children and younger adults will contract it and give some protection into older age incase they come into contact with the nasty one

Evolution does not favour viruses that kill their hosts

It will always be here it just as flu will always kill some

It wont be a killer that needs a vaccination for others other than the vulnerable

Obviously the above is very speculative

My hunch is that world wide lockdown will have aided the evolution of a more benign strain

Hunch guesses and hope

IF my hope was based upon a vaccination

And the virus did not become less lethal I might consider the future living with humans not worth the effort x

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

The vaccine is about to be tested on NHS staff in the Gwent region, first they'll be tested to make sure they haven't already had the virus, someone we know extremely well is being tested tomorrow morning, 500 volunteers to start with then moving upto 1000.

Durham

and no I'm not waiting.

A vaccine has to be the end game though. Its the only way we can get back to normal. With the amount of resources being thrown at it one should be developed a lot quicker than any vaccine in history. Lockdowns, social distancing and future effective treatments can buy us time do develop the vaccine. What is the alternative wait decades for natural herd immunity and put up with deaths and disability caused by covid in the mean time.

herd immunity won't take decades - not for somwthing with a 0.1 mortality rate"

You are right its a coronavirus, which doesn't so far hasn't inferred long term immunity, so may never reach herd immunity or could take generations.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

One of the sad things about covid19 is seeing how many people buy into anti-vaccination conspiracy theories

Not good for achieving herd immunity.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

The SARS outbreak was in 2002, and they haven't managed a vaccine.

"One of the sad things about covid19 is seeing how many people buy into anti-vaccination conspiracy theories

Not good for achieving herd immunity. "

Right?! This thread is infuriating.

This is simply not true.

"

Pretty sure this is normal for any activity which can result in accident and/or injury. It's a pretty basic part of standard terms and conditions where by accepting you recognise that the company refuses liability for anything that may go wrong eg skydiving, gym classes etc etc. Even by parking your car in most car parks you are agreeing that they are not liable for any theft should it occur; does that mean you shouldn't use car parks?

I have volunteered to do the non paid vaccine trial. It's important to me that we find a way to stop this virus and anti vac people are just going to cause it to continue.

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"Vaccines have a habit of doing the opposite to what's intended do.

"

Yep, those pesky vaccines causing untold outbreaks of communicable diseases and increasing childhood mortality.

Reading

"I have volunteered to do the non paid vaccine trial. It's important to me that we find a way to stop this virus and anti vac people are just going to cause it to continue. "

If you get accepted let us know what the trial entails and you had to do, all positive information is welcome against the pro-disease fanatics.

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"It seems history is repeating itself. Petitions against the vaccine as there were against the smallpox vaccine. Do you honestly think that the vaccine will be released for use before it has been tested thoroughly according to all the guidelines. "

Yep, the same people now that are against a vaccine, are the same ones then, that thought they would start to mutate into facial features of cows!

Listen to the Doctors and experts.

Reading

A decent breakdown of where we currently stand - https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/05/what-are-the-top-5-most-promising-covid-19-vaccine-candidates/

"I have volunteered to do the non paid vaccine trial. It's important to me that we find a way to stop this virus and anti vac people are just going to cause it to continue.

If you get accepted let us know what the trial entails and you had to do, all positive information is welcome against the pro-disease fanatics. "

I've been accepted I'm to have a screen next week and then the vaccine the following week

By *wickermanMan  over a year ago

Staines

"A decent breakdown of where we currently stand - https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/05/what-are-the-top-5-most-promising-covid-19-vaccine-candidates/"

Thanks for some facts on this. The staggering amounts of money and effort being thrown into this is good news

The only vaccine you need is colloidal silver, it is the best you can have for your immune system, it fights bacteria and viruses

"The only vaccine you need is colloidal silver, it is the best you can have for your immune system, it fights bacteria and viruses "
I have been using it for a while now.

"The only vaccine you need is colloidal silver, it is the best you can have for your immune system, it fights bacteria and viruses "

There is lots of evidence that it isn't good at all. It can cause problems, making your skin change colour, it can prevent medications working plus there's evidence it doesn't help your immune system at all.

And whether you have any vaccine info to share or not here's an extra question.... are you waiting for this vaccine before you go out or are you not fussed and why?

Why don't you Google vaccine etc and get the proper information from a reputable news outlet "

Google isnt a reputable news outlet. It is a search engine. While it will link to some reputable news sites it also, equally links to thousands of BS theiries and nonsense.

Choose wisely!

Why don't you Google vaccine etc and get the proper information from a reputable news outlet

Google isnt a reputable news outlet. It is a search engine. While it will link to some reputable news sites it also, equally links to thousands of BS theiries and nonsense.

Choose wisely!"

You are right there .

Choose wisely!You are right there ."

I like the alternative route as well with indian herbs

By *amagustaMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

There will be no vaccine...don't dream...

Well the Oxford developed vaccine is now in stage 2/3 trials which will involve over 10,000 uk volunteers. It has passed animal and human stage 1 trials and the minor side effects have been mild temp in some a sore arm after the injection. Also global agreements have been put in place by astrazeneca to manufacture the vaccine with over 400 million doses to be made available for the UK, USA and Australia. Also they are working on manufacturing for 2nd and 3rd tier lower income countries..so looks like a vaccine will be available...and quite soon..

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Well the petition against mandatory vaccination is half a million so far ... I won’t be having any vaccine ...

I didn't know there was such a thing. Sign me up!"

Yes me too. It should be choice.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yep, the same people now that are against a vaccine, are the same ones then, that thought they would start to mutate into facial features of cows!

Listen to the Doctors and experts. "

There is also the issue of choice, I'm not anti vaccine, I'm pro choice.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Well the Oxford developed vaccine is now in stage 2/3 trials which will involve over 10,000 uk volunteers. It has passed animal and human stage 1 trials and the minor side effects have been mild temp in some a sore arm after the injection. Also global agreements have been put in place by astrazeneca to manufacture the vaccine with over 400 million doses to be made available for the UK, USA and Australia. Also they are working on manufacturing for 2nd and 3rd tier lower income countries..so looks like a vaccine will be available...and quite soon.."

This is very good news and yes we will both get vaccinated as soon as possible.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

If there are more who choose not the be vaccinated than needed to acheive immunity then what

By *orkyterrierMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

Intersting that some people here won't take the vaccine. Also interesting that some people don't have safe sex listed on their profile as something they are interested in. I don't like playing Russian Roulette with my life but if you do then please pass me by

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"If there are more who choose not the be vaccinated than needed to acheive immunity then what"

They'll die out eventually I suppose

Blackpool

The vaccine is arriving on the 12th of never

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Vaccine..........ermmmm definite no

a few short memories out there

PANDEMRIX, rushed out by GSK as a swine flu vaccine.not many years ago, withdrawn after a huge increase in narcolepsy. sir Patrick Vallance should know all about this, he was a director of GSK who made it, then held back on safety info, though he was not a director at the time of Pandemrix

Its also worth bearing in mind. all vaccine manufacturers are indemnified against vaccine injury in the UK and USA. The USA government pay out around $4 billion a year for vaccine injuries, the most you will get from UK government is £120000 and for that you have to be severely disabled, gov.uk does have a vaccine injury section, ever wonder why ?

Central

Agreements have been made in Brazil for further trials of a Chinese and the Oxford vaccines. The infection rate there is high, now at the world's 3rd highest death levels. . It could potentially help to better test the effectiveness of a vaccine than when used in places with a decline in new infections.

I think there are over 100 vaccines in development. Some or none of them may succeed but it's great that we may have the potential to improve health levels.

Whilst low proportions of those infected die, we still don't know what the longer term consequences of having been infected are. Many may suffer for the rest of their lives with the damage that the virus impaired them with.

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

"Well the Oxford developed vaccine is now in stage 2/3 trials which will involve over 10,000 uk volunteers. It has passed animal and human stage 1 trials and the minor side effects have been mild temp in some a sore arm after the injection. Also global agreements have been put in place by astrazeneca to manufacture the vaccine with over 400 million doses to be made available for the UK, USA and Australia. Also they are working on manufacturing for 2nd and 3rd tier lower income countries..so looks like a vaccine will be available...and quite soon.."

Good news - not for some on here who seem to know better.

The number of people who will not be taking the vaccine increases by thousands every day as they wake up to this plandemic.

Definitely not being properly tested. Bill Gates is a huge financer of the world's pharmaceutical industries and he stated there's not enough time to properly test the vaccines and that pharmaceutical companies will require indemnity from prosecution. It usually takes on average 13 years to develop a vaccine.

We'll not be having it as the UK government have quite a reckless history when it comes to vaccines... Ask any Gulf War Veteran!!

It'll be underhandedly mandated by the health passports. Eventually, there will be very little you can do without a green status. Unvaccinated, sorry no green status for you!

Manchester

How soon?

Manchester

"Agreements have been made in Brazil for further trials of a Chinese and the Oxford vaccines. The infection rate there is high, now at the world's 3rd highest death levels. . It could potentially help to better test the effectiveness of a vaccine than when used in places with a decline in new infections.

I think there are over 100 vaccines in development. Some or none of them may succeed but it's great that we may have the potential to improve health levels.

Whilst low proportions of those infected die, we still don't know what the longer term consequences of having been infected are. Many may suffer for the rest of their lives with the damage that the virus impaired them with. "

So how soon?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"The number of people who will not be taking the vaccine increases by thousands every day as they wake up to this plandemic."

Very interesting, what's the source of your figures ?

"The number of people who will not be taking the vaccine increases by thousands every day as they wake up to this plandemic.

Very interesting, what's the source of your figures ?"

A very recent poll done by the Fairleigh Dickinson University USA shows that

29% will definitely take the vaccine

35% will definitely NOT take the vaccine.

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

"The number of people who will not be taking the vaccine increases by thousands every day as they wake up to this plandemic.

"

This does work on the assumption that there will be a vaccine that works. Covid19 is a type of coronavirus as is the common cold and we still don't have a vacine for the Cold. We may never get one for Covid19 either.

You only need to look at other diseases we still don't have vacines for.

You never know, maybe there is a vacine just around the corner, but if not...

It's the safety and side effects I'm concerned with.

It takes many years to test and produce a safe vaccine where the long term effects are known.

This is all about the "race" for who can come up with a coronavirus vaccine first skipping safety tests and knowing the big pharma companies are safe from prosecution for any injuries or deaths resulting from their vaccine product.

Durham

"It's the safety and side effects I'm concerned with.

It takes many years to test and produce a safe vaccine where the long term effects are known.

This is all about the "race" for who can come up with a coronavirus vaccine first skipping safety tests and knowing the big pharma companies are safe from prosecution for any injuries or deaths resulting from their vaccine product."

Vaccines have to be a lot safer and go through a lot more testing than other medicines before they are authorised for use in this country. Also its not true that vaccine manufacturers can't be sued they can and have been sued certainly in the EU. This may change at the end of the year. I know most of the info shared on facebook etc is to do with the US.

Central

"Agreements have been made in Brazil for further trials of a Chinese and the Oxford vaccines. The infection rate there is high, now at the world's 3rd highest death levels. . It could potentially help to better test the effectiveness of a vaccine than when used in places with a decline in new infections.

Whilst low proportions of those infected die, we still don't know what the longer term consequences of having been infected are. Many may suffer for the rest of their lives with the damage that the virus impaired them with.

So how soon?"

It would depend on whether either of the vaccines deliver evidence of effectiveness and safety. They may not work.

Different production agreements will apply to each vaccine and facility. The UK had news of prospective production in the UK some weeks ago.

Testing them in countries with high infection levels could gain results more readily than in those in decline.

With over 100 vaccine development teams in the world, it notionally should improve the odds of a success.

Whilst PR teams have been active, we should be cautious and open minded until research results are published

Central

"

The anti-vaccer mob who have pushed lies, are much more prominent in the USA than other countries.

It's better for people to have an open mind, until and if, there's a vaccine. The full evidence and details can then be used for intelligent evaluationm

"It's the safety and side effects I'm concerned with.

This is all about the "race" for who can come up with a coronavirus vaccine first skipping safety tests and knowing the big pharma companies are safe from prosecution for any injuries or deaths resulting from their vaccine product.

Vaccines have to be a lot safer and go through a lot more testing than other medicines before they are authorised for use in this country. Also its not true that vaccine manufacturers can't be sued they can and have been sued certainly in the EU. This may change at the end of the year. I know most of the info shared on facebook etc is to do with the US."

It is true they have immunity from being sued

Can we please stop all this conspiracy and antivax BS. The government is not going to force people to have a vaccine, it will be our choice. Also why we're still quoting US legalisation when we're in the UK is beyond me. Please stop and have an independent thought for yourself first. I don't know why Bill Gates is getting so much hate, his foundation has donated billions to good causes and put a lot of beneficial health programmes in place.

"Can we please stop all this conspiracy and antivax BS. The government is not going to force people to have a vaccine, it will be our choice. Also why we're still quoting US legalisation when we're in the UK is beyond me. Please stop and have an independent thought for yourself first. I don't know why Bill Gates is getting so much hate, his foundation has donated billions to good causes and put a lot of beneficial health programmes in place."

If the vaccine is optional then fair enough, take it if you want to but there will be a big percentage who won't.

There is very good reason why Bill Gates is one of the most hated people on the planet, when people look into his work and life more closely.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Can we please stop all this conspiracy and antivax BS. The government is not going to force people to have a vaccine, it will be our choice. Also why we're still quoting US legalisation when we're in the UK is beyond me. Please stop and have an independent thought for yourself first. I don't know why Bill Gates is getting so much hate, his foundation has donated billions to good causes and put a lot of beneficial health programmes in place."

Durham

"Can we please stop all this conspiracy and antivax BS. The government is not going to force people to have a vaccine, it will be our choice. Also why we're still quoting US legalisation when we're in the UK is beyond me. Please stop and have an independent thought for yourself first. I don't know why Bill Gates is getting so much hate, his foundation has donated billions to good causes and put a lot of beneficial health programmes in place.

If the vaccine is optional then fair enough, take it if you want to but there will be a big percentage who won't.

There is very good reason why Bill Gates is one of the most hated people on the planet, when people look into his work and life more closely."

I hated windows 8 but that is no reason to hate Bill Gates.

In this country no vaccine is mandatory. But enough people need to take it to give the general population herd immunity as some people won't be able to have a vaccine. If enough people don't have a vaccine herd immunity is lost as has happened with measles in some countries. I am all for people making informed decisions based on facts and peer reviewed research, not on absolute guff posted on facebook or youtube.

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 13/06/20 15:41:41]

Blackpool

Is this the same Bill Gates who dropped out of college, and now touts himself as a covid expert on CNN of all places.

"Can we please stop all this conspiracy and antivax BS. The government is not going to force people to have a vaccine, it will be our choice. Also why we're still quoting US legalisation when we're in the UK is beyond me. Please stop and have an independent thought for yourself first. I don't know why Bill Gates is getting so much hate, his foundation has donated billions to good causes and put a lot of beneficial health programmes in place.

There is very good reason why Bill Gates is one of the most hated people on the planet, when people look into his work and life more closely.

In this country no vaccine is mandatory. But enough people need to take it to give the general population herd immunity as some people won't be able to have a vaccine. If enough people don't have a vaccine herd immunity is lost as has happened with measles in some countries. I am all for people making informed decisions based on facts and peer reviewed research, not on absolute guff posted on facebook or youtube."

If no vaccine is mandatory then that's great, I'm totally for the optional coronavirus vaccine being produced.

I won't be taking nor will any of my family or friends who've already said they won't.

I'll be interested to watch the results of people who do take the vaccine.

Bracknell

"Is this the same Bill Gates who dropped out of college, and now touts himself as a covid expert on CNN of all places. "

It’s defo the Bill Gates who dropped out of college and became a billionaire

Blackpool

Yeah by ripping folks off for anti virus software.

Also:Bill Gates- Microsoft helped China develop the facial recognition software it is using to enslave Uighur people.

By *tockport 69Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

I would Never have a vaccine. I have a prick between my lags and it's the only one I will have.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

What happens if the vaccine works and your holiday destinations decide you need to have a medical passport before your allowed in . Does that mean those of you who don't want or won't have a vaccine will holiday at home or ?

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

I will not be having one.

Most people testing the vaccine are NHS workers.

Two of my family members Working in the NHS took part in a vaccine trial Some years back both taken seriously ill one passing away so no I will most certainly not be having a vaccine.

Very interesting, what's the source of your figures ?"

Back of a beer mat? Same sources as the Bill Gates garbage? At Earth? Lizard people?

There is very good reason why Bill Gates is one of the most hated people on the planet, when people look into his work and life more closely."

Or when people avoid actual facts and take in the BS conspiracy theories?

"I will not be having one.

Two of my family members Working in the NHS took part in a vaccine trial Some years back both taken seriously ill one passing away so no I will most certainly not be having a vaccine."

I know of three family members and four friends who live in South East taking part in vaccine trials. None work for the NHS. They are all volunteers.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What happens if the vaccine works and your holiday destinations decide you need to have a medical passport before your allowed in . Does that mean those of you who don't want or won't have a vaccine will holiday at home or ?"

Insert screaming about rights here.

Responsibilities. Responsibilities.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I will not be having one.

Two of my family members Working in the NHS took part in a vaccine trial Some years back both taken seriously ill one passing away so no I will most certainly not be having a vaccine.

I know of three family members and four friends who live in South East taking part in vaccine trials. None work for the NHS. They are all volunteers. "

Not sure why it would matter if the people testing worked for the nhs or not... but I applied and wasnt suitable because it turned out I'd already had covid 19. But that's the only reason I couldn't

By *idnight_Express69Man  over a year ago

Rochdale

"Well the petition against mandatory vaccination is half a million so far ... I won’t be having any vaccine ... "

Let’s hope you don’t get sick then.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

In this country no vaccine is mandatory. But enough people need to take it to give the general population herd immunity as some people won't be able to have a vaccine. If enough people don't have a vaccine herd immunity is lost as has happened with measles in some countries. I am all for people making informed decisions based on facts and peer reviewed research, not on absolute guff posted on facebook or youtube.

If no vaccine is mandatory then that's great, I'm totally for the optional coronavirus vaccine being produced.

I won't be taking nor will any of my family or friends who've already said they won't.

I'll be interested to watch the results of people who do take the vaccine."

Same here.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

What’s happened to this world recently for so many people to have become so ....? I mustn’t use the world or I’d be banned.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well the petition against mandatory vaccination is half a million so far ... I won’t be having any vaccine ...

What’s happened to this world recently for so many people to have become so ....? I mustn’t use the world or I’d be banned. "

It's incredible, isn't it.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

If there is a vaccine my kids will be having it x

Breakung on Sky News.....Russia have a vaccine gone through all stages of clinical trials. Going through regulatory approval and ready to roll out....

Aiming to start vaccination programme from October.

Manchester (she/her)

"Aiming to start vaccination programme from October."

One to watch

What’s happened to this world recently for so many people to have become so ....? I mustn’t use the world or I’d be banned. "

Awake.

A safe vaccine takes many years to be properly tested, not this covid vaccine warp speed rushed out in a few months.

Out of the 7 billion population there will be a good percentage of a few billion who'll refuse the vaccine.

What’s happened to this world recently for so many people to have become so ....? I mustn’t use the world or I’d be banned.

Awake.

A safe vaccine takes many years to be properly tested, not this covid vaccine warp speed rushed out in a few months.

Out of the 7 billion population there will be a good percentage of a few billion who'll refuse the vaccine."

The Oxford vaccine has been available for quite a while, they have just amended it for Covid. So they are already confident it’s safe.

Manchester (she/her)

Awake.

Out of the 7 billion population there will be a good percentage of a few billion who'll refuse the vaccine."

There's information out there on the how and why of processes here, and the scrutiny any candidates will be under.

The "awake" of conspiracy theories is not necessary, informed, or helpful.

Central

3 vaccine options are in stage 3 clinical trials. 1, is a new type, an RNA based vaccine. They're being deployed to 30,000 volunteers - ish each I think.

The Oxford vaccine may be tested on people who get given the virus deliberately afterwards, to monitor how they react.

Things are positive but this is now about large scale effectiveness and safety testing, in numbers that will provide a very accurate understanding of how useful they may or may not be. If side effects on large proportions of people are seen, this could be a reason for them not to gain approval, even if they seem fairly good at stopping infection.

Almost 200 vaccines are in development but most are still early stages of work.

Swansea

You can check on oxford vaccine directly on their own website. So far think side effects are minor .slight swelling at injection site sore arm and poss fatigue for 24 hrs . No worse than the flu jab

Manchester (she/her)

"You can check on oxford vaccine directly on their own website. So far think side effects are minor .slight swelling at injection site sore arm and poss fatigue for 24 hrs . No worse than the flu jab"

It's definitely promising. We wait and see.

"You can check on oxford vaccine directly on their own website. So far think side effects are minor .slight swelling at injection site sore arm and poss fatigue for 24 hrs . No worse than the flu jab"

Slight swelling of the arm. That takes me back to getting my TB jab at school.

[Removed by poster at 05/08/20 10:19:55]

I heard that there already are a vaccine for it, but with medical dictatorship, doctors are not allowed to say it as the the medical companys want to make profit from it.

"I heard that there already are a vaccine for it, but with medical dictatorship, doctors are not allowed to say it as the the medical companys want to make profit from it."
Doctors are pressured to write it of as covid by pharma, what you see is not what it going on.

And another one.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I heard that there already are a vaccine for it, but with medical dictatorship, doctors are not allowed to say it as the the medical companys want to make profit from it."

And common sense tells me that if that was in any way true, doctors would have blown the lid off it within hours.

Durham

"I heard that there already are a vaccine for it, but with medical dictatorship, doctors are not allowed to say it as the the medical companys want to make profit from it.Doctors are pressured to write it of as covid by pharma, what you see is not what it going on."

Yes every single doctor in every country, yes even the believes in alien semen and HCQ, are keeping quiet. Also it is in every pharma companies interest to encourage doctors to put covid down covid. The reason they do this is they can sell more tin foil hats, that is how they make their money.

Yes!

You'd have to be crazy to take this coronovirus vaccine.

What's your source for the claim about immunity against prosecution?

There are dozens of teams working on different forms of vaccine for this.

I can't understand why anyone would take a decision against something before the full medical research evidence is available. This would include all safety data and the scope and results of the actual research evidence.

I won't take any medical treatment without my own research and evaluation, unless not conscious and medics are saving my life. But I'd also not reject something that could save my life, such as from an infection, without evaluation of it. I'd prefer to postpone my potential death or acquisition of a serious health problem that may incapacity me for the rest of my life. "

Well said. Assess on the information available. I rule nothing in and nothing out.

Swansea

Just on sky was a documentary about the virus and vaccine. Missed most of it but set up to record

"Race against the virus " did anyone wTch it

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

What a load of tosh! Ffs.

Central

Shag - the only people claiming that they have 1 is Russia but they have not published any peer reviewed evidence for it. Without evidence that something works and is safe, we may as well assume that we don't have it. It wouldn't be permitted for use in Europe, without complete evidence for its safety and effectiveness, that's certain.

Other vaccines are currently in final stages of research trials. Any or none of them may be effective. Some of the almost 200 different vaccine development teams are developing from earlier vaccines, that had been worked on for other viruses.

Whatever is going on in labs and in trials on people, still doesn't give us a medicine, until results are in and it's approved. There's a lot of fake and misleading stuff out there. It's worth just sticking with the official, credible sources

Not sure whats more dangerous. Covid or some of the people of the uk and what they believe

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Not sure whats more dangerous. Covid or some of the people of the uk and what they believe"

Fortunately, those people are a minority and just keyboard warriors with no actual power or influence over the rational majority.

birmingham

why would everyone have to take a vaccine for something that most won't know they've had?

» Add a new message to this topic