FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The 2nd wave

The 2nd wave

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and M looking OP   Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

So we have all seen the let’s go to the beach mentality over the weekend etc.

So who thinks there isn’t going to be a second wave and what do you think the numbers are going to be like?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There was always going to be a second wave sadly we live in a age where people won’t be told what to do. I work at a supermarket at the minute and the numbers that are coming through the door are ridiculous all the staff talk about is how many we have in and how no one seems to be able to follow a simple one way system.

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

I do not agree with people being stupid and going to the beach like they have, but in London it has almost disappeared, so I say maybe and only maybe, heard immunity is a way of tackling this. If we do get a 2nd wave I really do not think it will be worse than the 1st

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"There was always going to be a second wave sadly we live in a age where people won’t be told what to do. I work at a supermarket at the minute and the numbers that are coming through the door are ridiculous all the staff talk about is how many we have in and how no one seems to be able to follow a simple one way system."

I live near a Coop which has been a god send but I’ve heard the same people are going in 5 times a day! That’s ridiculous! The shop should not allow it!

"There was always going to be a second wave sadly we live in a age where people won’t be told what to do. I work at a supermarket at the minute and the numbers that are coming through the door are ridiculous all the staff talk about is how many we have in and how no one seems to be able to follow a simple one way system.

I live near a Coop which has been a god send but I’ve heard the same people are going in 5 times a day! That’s ridiculous! The shop should not allow it! "

Why not? And why are they going 5 times a day

Second wave?

This first wave may never end so long as people keep breaking the rules

By *om-needs-good-girlMan  over a year ago

lar lar land

"So we have all seen the let’s go to the beach mentality over the weekend etc.

So who thinks there isn’t going to be a second wave and what do you think the numbers are going to be like?

"

I totally agree with this, all I can say is if there is NO second wave in the next 2 weeks this is all a load of bullshit. I’m staying in thank you. I am lucky enough to have land around me so I will enjoy myself there isolated.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

A second wave could potentially include lots of people who don't have any or have slight symptoms so they dont get tested, so numbers will never be correctly known. especially as a majority of vulnerable and elderly people are shielded at home it could come and go without anyone really noticing a big effect

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"There was always going to be a second wave sadly we live in a age where people won’t be told what to do. I work at a supermarket at the minute and the numbers that are coming through the door are ridiculous all the staff talk about is how many we have in and how no one seems to be able to follow a simple one way system.

I live near a Coop which has been a god send but I’ve heard the same people are going in 5 times a day! That’s ridiculous! The shop should not allow it!

Why not? And why are they going 5 times a day "

Not here to argue with you but 5 times a day is ridiculous, plus it’s unfair on the people queuing to get in and it’s putting them and others more at risk. No idea why they are going in 5 times, the Manager thinks to get out of their home!

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Second wave?

This first wave may never end so long as people keep breaking the rules "

When the rules say I can let my cleaner into my house but have to see my daughter outside is it any wonder that people are breaking the rules.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

2nd wave will come in winter and be devasting

What a, selfish country we live in

If u could I would emigrate to new Zealand or australia

Not here to argue with you but 5 times a day is ridiculous, plus it’s unfair on the people queuing to get in and it’s putting them and others more at risk. No idea why they are going in 5 times, the Manager thinks to get out of their home!"

It does seem excessive but if they are following social distancing I don’t see the problem,

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Second wave is fearmongering talk by governments using their media puppets to keep control of folks for as long as possible, folks are already scared to go outside now nevermind second wave BS. They said Texas, florida and Georgia would become the next Cuomo's NY hit with a devistating second wave. NEWSFLASH! Hasn't happened and there's no trend showing it will happen.

"Second wave is fearmongering talk by governments using their media puppets to keep control of folks for as long as possible, folks are already scared to go outside now nevermind second wave BS. They said Texas, florida and Georgia would become the next Cuomo's NY hit with a devistating second wave. NEWSFLASH! Hasn't happened and there's no trend showing it will happen. "

So there won’t be a 2nd wave at all?

By *azmar62Couple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Hello all. Far be it for me to stick my nose in? But here goes. Yes there are a few rules and guidelines laid down by government! But this is still a free society and it’s our right to do what and when we please, these rules are not written in law, so as a result people will do whatever they feel they need and want to do. The people who go shopping five time a day, maybe shopping for others, the same as we do! We’ve an elderly group around us and they only need call us and we do help them out, so going into the same shop more than once is essential and a must. These a scary times, but a lot of people are going daft, they’ll be telling you to stop stepping on the cracks on the pavement next, this is how pathetic it’s getting? We’re no angels and we believe this pandemic will go on for years, so we’d all better get used to it, over come the hurdles and crack on! Life doesn’t stop, everyone can play there part, most don’t, but that’s our right and why we still live in a free country.

Blackpool

The R number will never get above 1, they are now saying they will struggle with a vaccine because the virus is diminishing, most of the virus now is contained in hospitals and care homes, I know its the USA, but florida is a good place to keep an eye on. It never shut down as much as the rest of the USA its been reopening now for about 6 weeks, and Disney are about to re open, figures show all trends down, florida gov looked after the carehomes from the beginning, see a pattern

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

It will happen. Those on the far right will look into their rolodex packed full of excuses and come up with something bizarre. Think of others is all that can be said.. Listen to health care professionals. Would you have a brain operation from someone who has a financial Uni degree?

As far as the USA's reponse,reread the last sentence above.. When you have a Clown leading a disfunctioning administration and country, no wonder you have a circus.

"Second wave is fearmongering talk by governments using their media puppets to keep control of folks for as long as possible, folks are already scared to go outside now nevermind second wave BS. They said Texas, florida and Georgia would become the next Cuomo's NY hit with a devistating second wave. NEWSFLASH! Hasn't happened and there's no trend showing it will happen.

So there won’t be a 2nd wave at all?

Idiot it will come in the winter

Suppose you think the world is flat"

Are you referring to me?

Blackpool

You do know that the USA is made up of 50 states with their own governors don't you, it only takes a a quick Google search to see the death figures between blue and red states, and a video of Nancy Pelosi telling everyone to come to China Town in February, two thirds of USA figure are in NY where Cuomo forced cov folk into carehomes instead of using the big ship the federal government got their in 6 days

Leeds

"You do know that the USA is made up of 50 states with their own governors don't you, it only takes a a quick Google search to see the death figures between blue and red states, and a video of Nancy Pelosi telling everyone to come to China Town in February, two thirds of USA figure are in NY where Cuomo forced cov folk into carehomes instead of using the big ship the federal government got their in 6 days "

I actually do. I'm a Yank and have family going through this in NY...

"You do know that the USA is made up of 50 states with their own governors don't you, it only takes a a quick Google search to see the death figures between blue and red states, and a video of Nancy Pelosi telling everyone to come to China Town in February, two thirds of USA figure are in NY where Cuomo forced cov folk into carehomes instead of using the big ship the federal government got their in 6 days "

What is your point?

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 26/05/20 07:36:33]

Blackpool

My point is someone on here tried to Trump bash, not having a clue of how America works or what has gone on, and is currently going on now with the blue state governors.

"My point is someone on here tried to Trump bash, not having a clue of how America works or what has gone on, and is currently going on now with the blue state governors.

"

Ah, so Trump has actually done a good job? Technically he has no power then in this current crisis ?

Leeds

"My point is someone on here tried to Trump bash, not having a clue of how America works or what has gone on, and is currently going on now with the blue state governors.

"

I am an American I know how may country is run. I know the 50 states have elected Govenors that run the day to day operation of each state seperately. I also know uneducated people are following what the Dictator in charge is saying and recommending, not what the chief medical experts are telling us. Oh has DT silenced them too? Only to try and get the economy going so he can get reelected. Thats it in a nutshell, DT is looking out for him and his family only..

Its not Trump bashing, its the way new normal converstaions are taking place in the USA, I've learned that from 4 years of reading/watching the POTUS. Yes we as a nation, have stooped low and getting lower by the day. Keep listening to FOX..

Oh, almost forgot the ship that you talk about. That beautiful ship (Some idiot coined that) was only supposed to take non-Covid patients away from NYC hospitals. Again the federal Gov't policy.

My job is done here. Unlike me on this post, that virus will be back.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

The way people have been behaving over the weekend I would say the second wave is almost certainly on its way. As for herd immunity - it's not going to work, it will take at least five years and immunity after having the virus may only last six months.

The only way to beat this virus is to get the infection rate so low that it dissappears and that seems unlikely with the current attitude of some.

"

What is wrong going to the beach? The amended guidelines allow this, albeit 2m distancing.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"The way people have been behaving over the weekend I would say the second wave is almost certainly on its way. As for herd immunity - it's not going to work, it will take at least five years and immunity after having the virus may only last six months.

The only way to beat this virus is to get the infection rate so low that it dissappears and that seems unlikely with the current attitude of some.

"

That's absolutely impossible.

You think 7.8 billion people can stay inside for long enough to completely eradicate this virus ?

You think that even if they did there wouldn't be some virus particles survive somewhere on the planet ?

This a started only a few months ago with ONE person, now there are millions of infections.

The only way forward is to overcome fear and naivety and live with it.

Of course a few will die, of course there will be isolated spikes

Time to go to the beach, one of the safest places on the entire planet and enjoy life and let the scaremongers die an unfortunately sad and lonely life

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Not here to argue with you but 5 times a day is ridiculous, plus it’s unfair on the people queuing to get in and it’s putting them and others more at risk. No idea why they are going in 5 times, the Manager thinks to get out of their home!"

Are you standing by the door and counting them??

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

I'm just hoping it dissappears like the Spanish flu did

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 26/05/20 09:45:49]

Whay I don't I understand is after every event, like VE day,everyone says there's going to be a spike in 2 weeks, these spikes aren't happening in the death rates, it's consistently going down. Would this probably be because the vulnerable aren't going out, even in this good weather days, maybe the governments plan has worked, they've scared the daylights out of those who are high risk, knowing the not so high risk wouldn't follow the guidelines as well, so they will slowly get it, but not end up in hospital or dead, essentially slowly creating this herd immunity plan they originally wanted.

The lock down hasn't ended, but people are slowly going out and testing the boundaries of the guidelines, it's human behavior to do it. So I don't think the government will ever have difinitive lock down end day, they'll Just rely on human nature. They vulnerable will remain scared and the not so vulnerable will eventually say fuck it. I can't see people still staying in and not meeting friends and family once summer is here, surely all the experts and advisors on human behaviour know this

A scientist who was interviewed in the Daily Telegraph was saying that the C-19 virus is disappearing of its own accord which is hampering the search for a 'credible vaccine'

Second wave not likely then, unless of course we've already seen it between March & April?

By *aygnt2021Man  over a year ago

Kidderminster

We will not have second wave

Hoping for the best possible outcome of course, but you can't help but be concerned with all the images on the news.

I suppose we'll know in a few weeks

"We will not have second wave"

We will, however I don’t think it will be as bad as the first one .

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"I'm just hoping it dissappears like the Spanish flu did "

That didn't disappear. It was H1N1, which also caused the last pandemic we had.

Pandemics have second waves, the degree of this will be down to where we are with treatments, increased understanding of how to treat and when, any level of immunity, and the willingness of people to adopt the same restrictions we have now.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes i think there will be a 2nd wave but hopefully not before my holiday to Majorca in Sept.

In a Sparkly Dress

"Whay I don't I understand is after every event, like VE day,everyone says there's going to be a spike in 2 weeks, these spikes aren't happening in the death rates, it's consistently going down. Would this probably be because the vulnerable aren't going out, even in this good weather days, maybe the governments plan has worked, they've scared the daylights out of those who are high risk, knowing the not so high risk wouldn't follow the guidelines as well, so they will slowly get it, but not end up in hospital or dead, essentially slowly creating this herd immunity plan they originally wanted.

The lock down hasn't ended, but people are slowly going out and testing the boundaries of the guidelines, it's human behavior to do it. So I don't think the government will ever have difinitive lock down end day, they'll Just rely on human nature. They vulnerable will remain scared and the not so vulnerable will eventually say fuck it. I can't see people still staying in and not meeting friends and family once summer is here, surely all the experts and advisors on human behaviour know this "

There are small pockets of spikes that are manageable, until we have antibody testing we won't know how high the spikes went as many are asymptomatic, which is why it is especially important to protect the vulnerable, look at the footballers who are testing positive but are asymptomatic

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Does not matter it's summer now and nhs ready ....what do you think lockdown was for ...not to stop the virus

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Were we not supposed to burying people in mass graves after Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, VE Day Bank Holiday or any days we have had nice weather and people have gone out en-masse ?

The problem is, the media have scared us all into believing this flu virus is the Black Death and it isn’t, it’s a Coronavirus virus; which is the flu albeit a nasty strain but the flu nevertheless.

There seems to be a lot of people saying ‘it’s too soon for this to open’, ‘it’s too soon for that to open’, ‘we need a full lockdown otherwise people are going to die’.

Is it me or are people becoming too lazy and comfortable sitting at home, being paid to sunbathe and have barbecues ?

Surely we have to open things up and start trying to live a normal life like most of Europe is trying to do.

If we get a ‘second wave’ we’ve got enough ‘mothballed Nightingale Hospitals’ to cope.

We have to start getting back to normal soon or you might as well just put 20 million on the dole and shut the country down forever apart from hospitals and supermarkets.

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

Most experts believe a second wave will happen in the autumn. Though lots of other patterns are possible.

Personal opinion is that there will be spikes from recent events. We all remember the denials at Cheltenham and from those that give the game at Anfield the go ahead.

But obviously no one knows for certain.

"Whay I don't I understand is after every event, like VE day,everyone says there's going to be a spike in 2 weeks, these spikes aren't happening in the death rates, it's consistently going down. Would this probably be because the vulnerable aren't going out, even in this good weather days, maybe the governments plan has worked, they've scared the daylights out of those who are high risk, knowing the not so high risk wouldn't follow the guidelines as well, so they will slowly get it, but not end up in hospital or dead, essentially slowly creating this herd immunity plan they originally wanted.

The lock down hasn't ended, but people are slowly going out and testing the boundaries of the guidelines, it's human behavior to do it. So I don't think the government will ever have difinitive lock down end day, they'll Just rely on human nature. They vulnerable will remain scared and the not so vulnerable will eventually say fuck it. I can't see people still staying in and not meeting friends and family once summer is here, surely all the experts and advisors on human behaviour know this

There are small pockets of spikes that are manageable, until we have antibody testing we won't know how high the spikes went as many are asymptomatic, which is why it is especially important to protect the vulnerable, look at the footballers who are testing positive but are asymptomatic"

That's my point though, they've shocked society enough now to protect the vulnerable. The less vulnerable are now less likely to visit their vulnerable loved ones and the vulnerable are less likely to go out, hence death rates going down. But infection rates are still there amongst the less vulnerable, so essentially slowly still getting the herd immunity plan without saying they are doing it.

Most healthy people I speak to say that they aren't scared of getting the virus, their biggest fear is passing it onto a vulnerable loved one, before lock down people just weren't listening, they've changed less vulnerable part of societies thought process. Before lock down people knew the elderly were the highest risk, but still went to visit them and risk them, the shock of the lock down has changed that thinking now. So I think mission accomplished, society is now actively protecting the most vulnerable

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

I will clap the NHS and out stay safe on my social media...but not when it's good weather...that's RT inconvenient isn't it

Winchester

Enjoy the quarantine

Winchester

"I'm just hoping it dissappears like the Spanish flu did "

But they was when travel abroad was rare

A second wave is inevitable, simply because there has been a relatively low rate of infection? Herd(not heard please!!) Immunity requires around a 90% infection rate, which means any bew carrier is more likely to meet someone with immunity, than not....hence it starts to die off. We are a long way off that. The only alternative, is a vaccine.

Lockdown alone, doesn't kill off the virus, it controls the spread....and as for the "it's just a flu" brigade, will you still be saying that when you're hooked up to a ventilator with a 50/50 chance of survival....or when you lose a loved one? It is anything but "just a flu". Take the number infected and the total number of deaths, now scale that up to the entire population being rapidly infected....the numbers are scary!!

Staying in and watching telly, has meant the NHS has coped and coped relatively well, albeit with the disgraceful lack of PPE for staff, some of whom undoubtedly died for that reason.

This has highlighted how selfish and spoilt we are(in general) as a Nation....shame on the doubters

I am an American I know how may country is run. I know the 50 states have elected Govenors that run the day to day operation of each state seperately. I also know uneducated people are following what the Dictator in charge is saying and recommending, not what the chief medical experts are telling us. Oh has DT silenced them too? Only to try and get the economy going so he can get reelected. Thats it in a nutshell, DT is looking out for him and his family only..

Its not Trump bashing, its the way new normal converstaions are taking place in the USA, I've learned that from 4 years of reading/watching the POTUS. Yes we as a nation, have stooped low and getting lower by the day. Keep listening to FOX..

Oh, almost forgot the ship that you talk about. That beautiful ship (Some idiot coined that) was only supposed to take non-Covid patients away from NYC hospitals. Again the federal Gov't policy.

My job is done here. Unlike me on this post, that virus will be back."

*MIKE DROP*

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"Were we not supposed to burying people in mass graves after Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, VE Day Bank Holiday or any days we have had nice weather and people have gone out en-masse ?

The problem is, the media have scared us all into believing this flu virus is the Black Death and it isn’t, it’s a Coronavirus virus; which is the flu albeit a nasty strain but the flu nevertheless."

No, no it's not the flu, it's not a strain of the flu and not the flu nevertheless. It's a virus against which we have no immunity, a virus which is causing physiological symptoms and effects not seen before. It's affecting different communities in ways not seen with influenza. It's causing haematological issues not seen before and so on. Yes for the majority of us it would be a minor illness but for others it's life-changing and that's where your actions are important. Not for yourself but for the community as a whole.

World Health Organisation the only ones with Asia who have been spot on. Not like us blithering fools in Europe.

They say it could jump at anytime. There's no need for this idea of keeping an eye on a gradual increase.. Reminds me we were caught out the first time.

Blackpool

Is this the same world health organisation that is carrying water for China, and originally stated the virus can not be transmitted from human to human.

"Is this the same world health organisation that is carrying water for China, and originally stated the virus can not be transmitted from human to human. "

No, that is the WHO that you are trying to blame things for that didn’t happen to suit your agenda

"Second wave?

Blackpool

@fabtadtic, actually there's video out there of them saying it back in January. So I think they own it.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

I live in 10 mins from the beach and can assure you the photos you have seen in the press are taken at an angle and is made to look like no social distancing is being adhered too. Many people yes, but the beaches go on for miles and people are spread out.

Dont believe everything you see or read.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"Second wave?

The government set the rules knowing full well that people wont stick to them hence why they are stricter than they need to be.

Im thinking if it doesnt happen in the next few weeks it wont happen. It wont go away and will just rumble on in the background, possibly causing a bit of trouble come winter. There has to be some medical people somewhere that actually know what they are doing and keeping an eye on it, Im putting my faith in them actually having the balls to tell us if we were all likely to die.

By *irtyfuckercoolMan  over a year ago

upton

The problem with a second wave I can't see lockdown returning it will be work as usual, because the hand outs won't be there so it will be more serious

Worcester

Looks like the majority seem to think the 1st wave isn't done (agreed) and also agree that the 2nd will be worse financially as no government can maintain the current support.

At moment the confirmed cases of people in uk who have had it wether they survived or died is 265 thousand out of a population of 66 million that's less than half a percent of the uk population. Of the people who have had it 37 thousand died so that works out at 15 percent of all who were infected.

Winchester

Do you guys find it hard to take people serious when their avatar is just their cock or vagina

By *rafficvanMan  over a year ago

Middletown

So who thinks there isn’t going to be a second wave and what do you think the numbers are going to be like?....... Death are creeping back up and yeah we'll get a wave 2 for sure

"

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"At moment the confirmed cases of people in uk who have had it wether they survived or died is 265 thousand out of a population of 66 million that's less than half a percent of the uk population. Of the people who have had it 37 thousand died so that works out at 15 percent of all who were infected. "

Except no one was tested for it in March or April. That number of infected was only hospital admissions.

75% of all the people I know have had symptoms and are waiting for a chance to get the anti body test.

It'll be years before we have any proper figures and I doubt that they will ever be accurate figures.

Some experts are now saying 1st wave could have been in February, and 2nd wave hit us harder mid April.

In a Sparkly Dress

"At moment the confirmed cases of people in uk who have had it wether they survived or died is 265 thousand out of a population of 66 million that's less than half a percent of the uk population. Of the people who have had it 37 thousand died so that works out at 15 percent of all who were infected.

Except no one was tested for it in March or April. That number of infected was only hospital admissions.

75% of all the people I know have had symptoms and are waiting for a chance to get the anti body test.

It'll be years before we have any proper figures and I doubt that they will ever be accurate figures."

I suppose it depends on how much it costs to have an antibody test, if they released it to the public in time, I'm pretty sure the majority would pay for it just to see if they have had it or not. Even a public funded study would have quite a few participants and theres bound to be a few pharmaceutical companies interested in a study due to the treatment drug revenue to be generated if it proves to be seasonal

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

"

It’ll cum harder and faster than we all we when this is over

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Is this the same world health organisation that is carrying water for China, and originally stated the virus can not be transmitted from human to human. "

The WHO who provided a pandemic strategy in 2009.

The WHO that enabled those countries that followed it's strategy to have the lowest infection and death rates in the world.

The WHO that reports the information provided to it by individual countries because that is all that they are able to do.

You are ranting on every thread for some reason.

Why are you so upset?

Listen to the NHS. Our heroes who dedicate their lives for our lives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52803180?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5ecd76999893d70677f987d0%26Life%20and%20death%20on%20coronavirus%20ward%262020-05-26T20%3A05%3A46.110Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:23ada85a-ce91-4aab-b223-f7d93cebb133&pinned_post_asset_id=5ecd76999893d70677f987d0&pinned_post_type=share

Blackpool

@_asyuk

This is (WHO) Jan 14 2020

WHO TWITTER.

IN BED WITH CHINA.

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China

West London

"@_asyuk

WHO TWITTER.

IN BED WITH CHINA.

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China"

So the WHO communicated the information that they were given by China because that is all the information that they have available.

That is wrong because?

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

"I live in 10 mins from the beach and can assure you the photos you have seen in the press are taken at an angle and is made to look like no social distancing is being adhered too. Many people yes, but the beaches go on for miles and people are spread out.

Dont believe everything you see or read. "

I’ve not really been leaving the house at all, once a week maybe combining a walk with essential shopping. Hubby convinced me to go out for a proper walk on Monday at a local beauty spot as the weather was so lovely, felt like the whole world and his wife had the same idea..... however, everyone we past or see was mostly respecting the 2 meter rule and it felt safer than going to the shops where people seem to have no respect and reach across you to get what they want! So going to the beach or local beauty spot I have no problem with. Also I prefer the shops where they still have counters in with a one out one in policy

Second wave, I’m sitting out June and seeing what July brings. I’ve also made it quite clear at work I prefer to work from home and proved it hasn’t made a difference to my output of work and keeping fingers crossed they let me continue.

Wondering if swinging will ever be part of our life again. Haven’t seen friends or family in months and just grateful I’ve got Mr J and really feel for everyone who’s on their own and can’t spend time with family and friends xx think I went slightly off point there, but I’ve typed it now so might as well post it!!

the wetlands

Right now, and in the future, we can make informed decisions based on the knowledge of transmission and infections rate that we didn't have pre lockdown

We can choose to act as before and enjoy a high risk of catching the virus or we can choose to retain social distancing except where we can make a judgement that the person or persons we are socialising with are unlikely to be infected. We can wash our hands more often, wear masks to slightly reduce the risk. And most of all we can act to protect our vulnerable. WE have more control and WE have to look after ourselves to protect others.

Maybe the virus will be more selective in choosing the arrogant and the stupid.

Until someone spits on us with the virus

Anyone here of the opinion that this is the second wave?

The first having happened in november/december..

"Anyone here of the opinion that this is the second wave?

The first having happened in november/december.."

me

Mystic Meg Fauci has predicted second wave released in the autumn.

I bet he will be right!

West London

That wasn't a "wave" at all was it?

An early strain perhaps? Less infectious and deadly it would seem, but certainly under the radar.

It rather puts the lie to the claim that the WHO were deliberately sharing false information if we didn't spot it...

That wasn't a "wave" at all was it?

An early strain perhaps? Less infectious and deadly it would seem, but certainly under the radar.

It rather puts the lie to the claim that the WHO were deliberately sharing false information if we didn't spot it..."

I suppose it depends on how many people you are aware of with virus like symptoms..

Then we had christmas, a week of people not moving very much..

the wetlands

Where did they hide the bodies then ?

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

deaths not reported as Covid as not enough known about it, but a lot of people were ill during December with coughs, breathing difficulties, pneumonia

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I know of the French sample from December that tested positive but no others.

the wetlands

"deaths not reported as Covid as not enough known about it, but a lot of people were ill during December with coughs, breathing difficulties, pneumonia"

How many deaths above the 5 year average were reported for the period ?

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

I do believe that I had the virus around the end of December.

There was undoubtedly a bad flu around Christmas time, I had a fever and was floored for a few days and know of at least 2 friends having similar symptoms but I doubt it was Covid-19

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I do believe that I had the virus around the end of December."

yep i know plenty peeps who were poleaxed over the xmas period and into the new yearwith something the ones who did bother goibg to see there doctors were given anti biotics and sent on there way and they didnt seem to help with watever it was.myself i came down with something end jan begining of feb felt like id had the shit kicked out of me for about ten days

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We flew out to Spain end of November and I remember saying to Will hope I’m not sitting near that woman as she was very unwell, turned out she was in the seat next to me (groan) then on the 12th December I became really ill with a cough that Will said he hadn’t heard before, took me near two months to be fully fit, felt like I didn’t have enough breath in my body, also people around me became really ill, one in hospital with what they said pneumonia and she’s only 40, so makes me wonder.

Think the NHS are thinking there’s another wave going to hit, if that’s wave 2 or 3 who knows but they have just had another few hundred new beds delivered at certain hospitals.

"There was undoubtedly a bad flu around Christmas time, I had a fever and was floored for a few days and know of at least 2 friends having similar symptoms but I doubt it was Covid-19 "

My experience also. It felt very different in January to what I believe was Covid in April.

Where did they hide the bodies then ?"

Nowhere, they followed a normal course, but the deaths not being marked up as covid.. perhaps..

I do believe that I had the virus around the end of December."

My mum had a horrible cough and sore throat for weeks around that time, she could hardly speak. interesting that she already uses a cpap machine..

My ex collapsed mid novemeber and was taken into hospital.. tested for meningitis, negative result. Released after 3 days with a 'probably a virus' get some rest, have some medicine.. was ill for weeks apparently..

Interesting that she has asthma..

Lots of reports of similar symptoms around then from some fb groups im on..

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"@_asyuk

WHO TWITTER.

IN BED WITH CHINA.

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China

So the WHO communicated the information that they were given by China because that is all the information that they have available.

That is wrong because?"

I'm late to the party again. However I can't believe the vitriol generated here and some of the imbecilic views stated. Being in the high risk category and having lost a friend of supposed pneumonia, but I firmly believe was covid by the circumstances? I'm sticking to a low profile approach. I'm lucky enough to have a very contentious daughter to keep me supplied with essentials and although I do get out am staying well away from others and being aware of touching surfaces. It's up to us all as individuals to use common sense and take appropriate precautions? Hopefully the infection rate will drop and we can get back to some sort of normal life soon? Oh, and hopefully we get some sun when we can? I've missed 3 summer's due to ill health so was hoping this would be the one I could get out!!! Fingers crossed for common sense and sensible government decisions?

I have my doubts about both, but am known as an eternal optimist

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

And of course the moral is. Never trust a totalitarian state??

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The sea will be like a mill pond no waves at all

In a Sparkly Dress

Seoul are entering a second but slightly relaxed lockdown as of tomorrow for 2 weeks as they are hotspot spiking in new cases after a period of quiet, interesting that the schools are not closing

We might be having the second wave right now, the 1st was dec/Jan, just a thought

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"We might be having the second wave right now, the 1st was dec/Jan, just a thought"

lots of people do feel that is the case

Well something has to keep the human population down! Every species something to keep them in check! Humans think they are above everything else! Obviously not! So if people wanna gamble with their lives it’s there problem! I’m not risking myself for anyone else!!

"I'm just hoping it dissappears like the Spanish flu did

That didn't disappear. It was H1N1, which also caused the last pandemic we had.

Pandemics have second waves, the degree of this will be down to where we are with treatments, increased understanding of how to treat and when, any level of immunity, and the willingness of people to adopt the same restrictions we have now.

"

The h1n1 Spanish flu strain died out but is reported to be an ancestral strain (lancet.com) of last h1n1 strain.

Worcester

Don't you think its nature sending us a message.

You keep filling my seas with plastic, chop down the trees that are the lungs of your planet and filling my air with pollution then I will send you this as a reminder as to who is in charge.

the wetlands

"Don't you think its nature sending us a message.

You keep filling my seas with plastic, chop down the trees that are the lungs of your planet and filling my air with pollution then I will send you this as a reminder as to who is in charge."

No

But we do abuse nature

You keep filling my seas with plastic, chop down the trees that are the lungs of your planet and filling my air with pollution then I will send you this as a reminder as to who is in charge."

In the sense that we encroach on the natural habitat of other fauna and flora, yes.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"The R number will never get above 1, they are now saying they will struggle with a vaccine because the virus is diminishing, most of the virus now is contained in hospitals and care homes, I know its the USA, but florida is a good place to keep an eye on. It never shut down as much as the rest of the USA its been reopening now for about 6 weeks, and Disney are about to re open, figures show all trends down, florida gov looked after the carehomes from the beginning, see a pattern "

The R number is or at least has been below 1 else cases would still be going up each day

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"Second wave is fearmongering talk by governments using their media puppets to keep control of folks for as long as possible, folks are already scared to go outside now nevermind second wave BS. They said Texas, florida and Georgia would become the next Cuomo's NY hit with a devistating second wave. NEWSFLASH! Hasn't happened and there's no trend showing it will happen. "

Why would the government be trying to tank the economy by fear mongering about a second wave? Makes no sense. Just so they have control?!

By *eandCoCouple  over a year ago

BOURNE

Hi,I'm in the high risk category,I had a phone call from my gp he told me if I get covid I wouldn't be treated in hospital...he then went on to ask me where I wanted to die if I got covid,I was let in a very traumatic state.

So yes there has been scar mongering on a large scale

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Mother Nature was here long before us and will be here long after we are gone.

The planet will recover.

"Hi,I'm in the high risk category,I had a phone call from my gp he told me if I get covid I wouldn't be treated in hospital...he then went on to ask me where I wanted to die if I got covid,I was let in a very traumatic state.

So yes there has been scar mongering on a large scale"

That is awful. I would make a complaint if I were you.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Hi,I'm in the high risk category,I had a phone call from my gp he told me if I get covid I wouldn't be treated in hospital...he then went on to ask me where I wanted to die if I got covid,I was let in a very traumatic state.

So yes there has been scar mongering on a large scale"

The tragic reality is until an effective treatment is found, current hospital treatments for CV19 patients has a very marginal impact on the outcome Stay safe

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

2nd wave will cone

"2nd wave will cone"
2nd wave started about med April.

West London

"2nd wave will cone2nd wave started about med April. "

Do you think that means it's over then?

"2nd wave will cone2nd wave started about med April.

Do you think that means it's over then?"

no but getting there

By *ent1Man  over a year ago

Ashford

I agree.

West London

"2nd wave will cone2nd wave started about med April.

Do you think that means it's over then?no but getting there "

You think that's how it works then?

It's some purely arithmetic concept where once you have two "waves" it's fixed?

You could have multiple ones if you handle it badly.

The first infections, if linked, were part of the initial spread with an accidental mini lockdown in-between.

Germany have had no 2nd wave. Their R rate has been well below 1 for a month after easing restrictions it’s at 0.60 at the moment

By *hoenix-risingMan  over a year ago

Co.Down

"2nd wave will cone2nd wave started about med April. "

It's like a bad spelling competition

In a Sparkly Dress

"Germany have had no 2nd wave. Their R rate has been well below 1 for a month after easing restrictions it’s at 0.60 at the moment "

South korea are worried they are entering their second wave, lockdown has been reinstated after a month of relative quiet, it's all sciences best guess when tracking a new virus as theories are constantly changing

West London

"Germany have had no 2nd wave. Their R rate has been well below 1 for a month after easing restrictions it’s at 0.60 at the moment

South korea are worried they are entering their second wave, lockdown has been reinstated after a month of relative quiet, it's all sciences best guess when tracking a new virus as theories are constantly changing "

South Korea has not had any "waves". They had 10,000 infections in total and under 300 deaths.

They have had localised outbreaks that have been isolated and stopped. This is what Germany is also doing.

South Korea shut down bars and nightclubs again as it proved too unsafe for now.

That's not a lockdown. They've never had a lockdown.

» Add a new message to this topic