FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Post Lockdown

Post Lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arveybald OP   Man  over a year ago

bexley

Hello. This is the first time I have started a topic on the forums...

What has really really worried me and has done since the start of the lockdown is the effect on society after lockdown is finally realised.

Lockdown hasn't really worried me... I've been able to work from home (I normally work in an office in London), and have combined work with diy and walking and cooking, so this has been ok Monday to Friday; routine helps greatly. Weekends are a little harder with nothing to look forward to.

However what has played on my mind since the start is knowing things may never go back to normal. After lockdown is full realised and everything is back open, I can imagine so many shop and pubs and restaurants will have gone out of business, and for the ones that remain open so many people will seem so scared to venture out.

Social distancing will kill off any sort of social life.

I love going to pub for a drink and the social aspect but latest reports concerning screens around the bar, no standing, groups to remain 6ft apart etc etc.. this will just feel absolutely depressing. And this is just one example....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

I'm of the opinion that if there was a market for these businesses before lockdown there should still be one after

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Social distancing wont be around forever...

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

There are countries that have experienced lockdowns before and life has returned to normal, as it does.

We are constantly at threat from something, and the fact is, no matter what we do/don't do, we are ALL, no exceptions, going to die.

So for me I have two choices, with the same ending, live my life on my terms...and die, live my life hidden away or to someone else's ideal of how I should live...and die.

I'll take the former.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Social distancing wont be around forever... "

It can't

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"There are countries that have experienced lockdowns before and life has returned to normal, as it does.

We are constantly at threat from something, and the fact is, no matter what we do/don't do, we are ALL, no exceptions, going to die.

So for me I have two choices, with the same ending, live my life on my terms...and die, live my life hidden away or to someone else's ideal of how I should live...and die.

I'll take the former.

"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There are countries that have experienced lockdowns before and life has returned to normal, as it does.

I'll take the former.

"

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Social distancing wont be around forever... "

It will gradually become social awareness

Be aware

I'll take the former.

"

Already observed 'Social Distancing Rage'not helped by MSM hysteria and UKGov dithering, if UKGov listen to academics like Pers Block we'll never, ever get out of lockdown.

Personally I reckon that post lockdown folks will go mad, there'll be a fair bit of anger and violence directed toward one another as the tension breaks.

It won't be good.

» Add a new message to this topic