FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The virus has not gone. This is not all over.

The virus has not gone. This is not all over.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asyuk OP   Man  over a year ago

West London

We have the dubious honour of having the highest Covid-19 death rate in the world.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-death-toll-rate-world-map-tracked-a9532286.html

It is declining but this virus is not going away. As lockdown is eased we are not back to normal.

A second wave will have serious consequences.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-news-live-uk-lockdown-update-cases-vaccine-covid-19-today-a9532181.html

Remember that this epidemic started with one person. We do not know how many people have been infected or how long immunity may last.

We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Fuck me, you’re a barrel of laughs !

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"We have the dubious honour of having the highest Covid-19 death rate in the world.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-death-toll-rate-world-map-tracked-a9532286.html

It is declining but this virus is not going away. As lockdown is eased we are not back to normal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-news-live-uk-lockdown-update-cases-vaccine-covid-19-today-a9532181.html

Remember that this epidemic started with one person. We do not know how many people have been infected or how long immunity may last.

We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this."

No shit! You do realise the majority of us know this and we don't constantly need reminding we are in a shit situation?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Then leave the thread alone if you want more fun threads or are sick of hearing about it

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I don't think anyone is under the illusion it has gone away.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Ok I'll bite, how have we got highest death rate in the world?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"We have the dubious honour of having the highest Covid-19 death rate in the world.

No shit! You do realise the majority of us know this and we don't constantly need reminding we are in a shit situation?

"

We get constantly reminded everyday in the government’s press conference.

Should we tell Boris to stop this ?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Should we tell Boris to stop this ?"

The difference is that Boris is the PM, he knows the most up to date information and also keeps us informed of the lockdown measures. He isn't on a swingers forum quoting the mainstream media that wouldnt know the truth if it jumped up and smacked them in the face.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

THe death rate is so ambiguous. Different countries report different ways..some report deaths from people who have serious underlying health issues as non covid deaths even though they may of had covid 19 at the time of death..so unless the countries all report the same way and same accuracy no one will know. Many countries will not even record deaths as covid 19 as they dont have facilities to test, so who actually knows...

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I tend to avoid folks who talk the language of "the new normal"

I'm definitely a "back to normal" kinda person

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"THe death rate is so ambiguous. Different countries report different ways..some report deaths from people who have serious underlying health issues as non covid deaths even though they may of had covid 19 at the time of death..so unless the countries all report the same way and same accuracy no one will know. Many countries will not even record deaths as covid 19 as they dont have facilities to test, so who actually knows..."

I agree.

It's important to note that all these figures, including all other countries of the world, are 'reported' figures. It will be some time before the 'actual' like for like figures are available for comparison.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The difference is that Boris is the PM, he knows the most up to date information and also keeps us informed of the lockdown measures. He isn't on a swingers forum quoting the mainstream media that wouldnt know the truth if it jumped up and smacked them in the face. "

Let's be honest some of the media are a lot more trusted and deserving of trust than boris the serial liar but accept that myopia and whataboutery removed objectivity amongst some..

West London

Excellent, constructive input from many of you

However, observing behaviour and reading the comments about this in many threads it is, apparently, far less "obvious" than many seem to think.

You're welcome

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"THe death rate is so ambiguous. Different countries report different ways..some report deaths from people who have serious underlying health issues as non covid deaths even though they may of had covid 19 at the time of death..so unless the countries all report the same way and same accuracy no one will know. Many countries will not even record deaths as covid 19 as they dont have facilities to test, so who actually knows...

I agree.

It's important to note that all these figures, including all other countries of the world, are 'reported' figures. It will be some time before the 'actual' like for like figures are available for comparison.

"

At least a year to get a more accurate assessment yes but thus far we have made some serious errors which will need answering..

https://youtu.be/OFl_KQGyyC4

America could be hit hard with a second wave .

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen / Leeds / Sheffield

"Ok I'll bite, how have we got highest death rate in the world?"

As people have observed above, different countries have different ways of reporting, and without knowing how many people have actually had it withougt being tested, it is always going to be hard to pin figures down accurately, but whenever I see things like this, the cynic in me can't help wondering whether we're shooting ourselves in the foot by being a lot more upfront than some other places in our recording and reporting of it...

By *lymDrewMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Ok I'll bite, how have we got highest death rate in the world?

As people have observed above, different countries have different ways of reporting, and without knowing how many people have actually had it withougt being tested, it is always going to be hard to pin figures down accurately, but whenever I see things like this, the cynic in me can't help wondering whether we're shooting ourselves in the foot by being a lot more upfront than some other places in our recording and reporting of it..."

I don't think they have much choice with the way our system records deaths...

They weren't counting deaths outside of the hospitals initially, the ONS figures painted a different picture though. So they had to include them.

Even now if you look closely at the figures they're being "adjusted" with deaths being recorded a month or two later, so the numbers being reported as the death toll was climbing were under reported, and now the numbers are falling those people are keeping the rate of reduction of deaths artificially high, as their deaths are being recorded as happening 4 to 8 weeks after it actually occurred. This will in effect flatten the curve of any official graph we are shown.

Bullshit baffles and so do statistics, we have one of the worst outcomes in the world no matter what way you want to look at it. Total deaths looks bad with the USA far ahead, people will then defend that with the per capita number before moving on to population densities... Per capita figures lowers the our place in the death stakes, at the same time it also bring us closer to the USA as a comparison...

It's fair to say that we've done badly, no matter how anyone wants to dress it up or spin it, with or without direct or indirect comparisons it's poor, piss poor.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Yesterdays Figures of Deaths Per Million To Date:

Belgium 812.46

Spain 615.36

UK 553.37

Italy 542.52

France 422.93

Sweden 392.61

I have said this before but I have a sneaking suspicion that because we are all outdoors a lot more at the moment when we are doing stuff that the virus is very subdued and less troublesome.

Let's hope we have a good summer, the virus can't find enough human fuel, the economy picks up quickly ( I have personal evidence today that the signs are good ) and we can all go back to living again. My fingers and toes and everything are crossed right now.

By *oungguyxxx100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield and Maidstone

TBF I think china is lying about their actual stats and other countries dont count all settings in their death tolls

The point is, we had prior warning. Even The Telegraph printed a story saying if the lockdown had been just a week earlier, it would have made a huge difference.

We are the 5th largest economy in the world, we are always reminded of it. Yet we have had so many deaths compared to countries with half our resources. I can't see how people don't see the contradiction.

Remember, Boris said that we had brilliant testing facilities before this. I remember being told we were amongst the best prepared for such a virus. That was patently bullshit.

The other thing that bothers me is this 'main stream media' line that keeps getting repeated. Sure, not all media is great, but some is. The FT have been doing some great work regarding figures and modelling. It's so lazy to just shout berate the 'MSM'.....there is a certain orange fella over the pond who likes pulling that trick, look how that is working out over there.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I agree but it is a personal thing I guess

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

[Removed by poster at 26/05/20 15:59:14]

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Took me ages to read that. Peeking out from behind the sofa to read a word at a time

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Start by objectively looking at the data that we have available, whilst accepting that the world will have a clearer, more detailed and accurate understanding in the future. Ee can still form reasonable assessments and understandings today.

As this is a true emergency, we must resist suspending our judgement for the as yet undefined future date, when our reference data has been cleaned up. Time is critical, as we see from analysis of having an equivalent lockdown 1 week earlier, which could have saved tens of thousands of lives. Remembering that 1 possible change that we could have made such be enough to sustain our vigilance.

Like most people, we'd love the country to be resurging to something like its former strength ASAP. If only all of those pesky restrictions could just be erased immediatelym . I'm concerned that if our system doesn't make fundamental changes in how it's approaching this, we could ease restrictions and get even more avoidable mess, perhaps staying somewhat blind to it.

We need to understand where we're at, why we've fared so much differently to other nations and learn very quickly, so that we don't make ourselves an even bigger outlier from the others.

We've been a world leader before and yet now we're at grave risk of becoming a pariah, a psychopathic country free of the human spirit, rigid in its determination to plunder our people, for the sake of regaining some normality. Have we become an even worse virus?

By *hamesGentMan  over a year ago

Oxfordshire / West Sussex

"The point is, we had prior warning. Even The Telegraph printed a story saying if the lockdown had been just a week earlier, it would have made a huge difference.

We are the 5th largest economy in the world, we are always reminded of it. Yet we have had so many deaths compared to countries with half our resources. I can't see how people don't see the contradiction.

Remember, Boris said that we had brilliant testing facilities before this. I remember being told we were amongst the best prepared for such a virus. That was patently bullshit.

The other thing that bothers me is this 'main stream media' line that keeps getting repeated. Sure, not all media is great, but some is. The FT have been doing some great work regarding figures and modelling. It's so lazy to just shout berate the 'MSM'.....there is a certain orange fella over the pond who likes pulling that trick, look how that is working out over there."

Yes, yes, and yes.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I agree that it hasn't gone away but Britain does NOT have the highest death rate in the world.

For total the US is well in front.

For deaths per million population Britain is well behind Spain, Belgium, Singapore, Qatar, and quite a few others. Even Ireland has worse numbers on that one.

It may not be good in the UK but to say that it is the highest just is not true.

Britain problem is it has a disjointed care system, most are small private run. With over 90% of death's in the over 70s group, keeping numbers down is not going to be easy.

By *orseydaveMan  over a year ago

Norwich NR5

That's just the sort of scare mongering they want you to believe.

I can't talk for other counties in the UK, but here in Norfolk, we are "told" we have had the lowest deaths, "just 104".

But who's ever seen RIP notices on Facebook? Mrs Smith has her cat run over, it's all over fb. Mr Jones looses his bike, its splattered everywhere.. But who has seen a death notice?

Back to Norfolk.. If you look on the County registry site, just two deaths are recorded as being caused by corona, one a gentleman of 81 from lakenham, the other a 76 yo lady from Thorpe. The remaining 102 are registered as having died from "corona type symptoms", well flu, respiratory and many other conditions have "corona type symptoms" too. It's worth noting that of those 102 deaths, the youngest was 63,the eldest 101.

Oh and by the way, we are still in Europe. The final reading never took place, corona "Road into town" on the very day it was supposed to happen, and the remainers (90% of the house) did prevent it, ignoring the people's vote.

Had my licencing officer call round to the pub last week. We were just chatting, when I asked him why no police officers wear protective clothing.. He told me that all forces were informed "from the very top" that it was not needed, and should not be worn. And no police officers have died either.

Please please please do your research, do not believe what you are being told. It's worth noting that the only mainstream reporter to raise these questions, had her press pass removed the next day,and was subsequently sacked by the guardian.

Did any of you attend the corona denyers rally held in Leeds? Not many did, but Yorkshire constabulary sent 450 officers, drafted in from surrounding counties. Chelsea v Arsenal don't get 450 officers at a match, so what were they doing there??? Even Tommy Robinson doesn't get that sort of attention. Perhaps they didn't want anyone questioning the bulllshit we have been told.

"That's just the sort of scare mongering they want you to believe.

I can't talk for other counties in the UK, but here in Norfolk, we are "told" we have had the lowest deaths, "just 104".

But who's ever seen RIP notices on Facebook? Mrs Smith has her cat run over, it's all over fb. Mr Jones looses his bike, its splattered everywhere.. But who has seen a death notice?

Back to Norfolk.. If you look on the County registry site, just two deaths are recorded as being caused by corona, one a gentleman of 81 from lakenham, the other a 76 yo lady from Thorpe. The remaining 102 are registered as having died from "corona type symptoms", well flu, respiratory and many other conditions have "corona type symptoms" too. It's worth noting that of those 102 deaths, the youngest was 63,the eldest 101.

Oh and by the way, we are still in Europe. The final reading never took place, corona "Road into town" on the very day it was supposed to happen, and the remainers (90% of the house) did prevent it, ignoring the people's vote.

Had my licencing officer call round to the pub last week. We were just chatting, when I asked him why no police officers wear protective clothing.. He told me that all forces were informed "from the very top" that it was not needed, and should not be worn. And no police officers have died either.

Please please please do your research, do not believe what you are being told. It's worth noting that the only mainstream reporter to raise these questions, had her press pass removed the next day,and was subsequently sacked by the guardian.

Did any of you attend the corona denyers rally held in Leeds? Not many did, but Yorkshire constabulary sent 450 officers, drafted in from surrounding counties. Chelsea v Arsenal don't get 450 officers at a match, so what were they doing there??? Even Tommy Robinson doesn't get that sort of attention. Perhaps they didn't want anyone questioning the bulllshit we have been told.

"

By *mandajane01TV/TS  over a year ago

Ballymena

"Ok I'll bite, how have we got highest death rate in the world?"

We don’t San Marino, Belgium and Spain are all higher in terms of deaths per populations

"

Sources for press pass being revoked??

Sources for press pass being revoked??"

So are you basically saying people are lying about relatives dying?

What is the reason for this then? What's the agenda? I'd love to know

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

The other thing that bothers me is this 'main stream media' line that keeps getting repeated. Sure, not all media is great, but some is. The FT have been doing some great work regarding figures and modelling. It's so lazy to just shout berate the 'MSM'.....there is a certain orange fella over the pond who likes pulling that trick, look how that is working out over there."

Indeed, a strategy usually employed by people in public positions who fear exposing themselves to scrutiny.

West London

How many of you correcting the statistics and offering your own interpretations actually read the articles?

If you read them you would see that there are caveats about how the data is gathered. You can even click the source of the graphs and get exact methodologies and use the slider to track day by day.

The purpose of this was to draw your attention to the fact that our death rates remain high despite on any measure.

You can nit-pick the data all you wish but hundreds of people are still dying every day.

People on this thread have clearly indicated that Covid-19 isn't even a real problem.

There have been "end of lockdown" house parties. Not socially distanced.

We do not have an effective test, track and trace system in place.

The virus has not "gone away" even though lockdown is being released.

There will be a second wave if you pretend it's all over.

"Fuck me, you’re a barrel of laughs !"

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Another new study of the seriousness of the disease, this time from the Centre for Disease Control in America, suggests under 50 year olds have a higher risk of dying in a car accident than from Covid 19 and a child has a higher risk of being struck by lightning than dying of Covid 19.

One the plus side the risk of people dying in car accidents is going to be lower because they won't have a job to drive to anymore.

Ipswich

"How many of you correcting the statistics and offering your own interpretations actually read the articles?

If you read them you would see that there are caveats about how the data is gathered. You can even click the source of the graphs and get exact methodologies and use the slider to track day by day.

The purpose of this was to draw your attention to the fact that our death rates remain high despite on any measure.

You can nit-pick the data all you wish but hundreds of people are still dying every day.

People on this thread have clearly indicated that Covid-19 isn't even a real problem.

There will be a second wave if you pretend it's all over."

Or you could just hold your hands up and concede that we don't have the highest death rate in the world, as per your original post

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Try looking at big picture 7.8 billion people world wide

350000 deaths from covid

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Try looking at big picture 7.8 billion people world wide

350000 deaths from covid "

Looking at the even bigger picture more than 350,000 people are born every day.

100,000 people die a day of age related issues

West London

"How many of you correcting the statistics and offering your own interpretations actually read the articles?

Or you could just hold your hands up and concede that we don't have the highest death rate in the world, as per your original post"

How about taking the point made and the purpose of the thread?

Then how about looking at the data and reading what it says on the date in question?

Then how about seeing if it's much different the days before and afterwards.

Then continue being a pedant anyway

Ipswich

Or you could just hold your hands up and concede that we don't have the highest death rate in the world, as per your original post

Then how about looking at the data and reading what it says on the date in question?

Then continue being a pedant anyway "

As I thought, just another of your usual 'let's all hate this country' threads

Because the media would never lie....

I feel sorry for people that believe everything they read.

West London

"Another new study of the seriousness of the disease, this time from the Centre for Disease Control in America, suggests under 50 year olds have a higher risk of dying in a car accident than from Covid 19 and a child has a higher risk of being struck by lightning than dying of Covid 19.

One the plus side the risk of people dying in car accidents is going to be lower because they won't have a job to drive to anymore."

That is spectacular misuse of statistics.

Due to a global reaction to at least partially control the outbreak they have managed to reduce numbers of deaths to below a very large number.

Therefore there is no problem.

Awesome logic

West London

As I thought, just another of your usual 'let's all hate this country' threads"

Not wanting to read then?

Too much effort?

How about love this country by paying attention to what's happening and doing something to help?

Why does questioning what's happening mean that I "hate" this country?

West London

"Try looking at big picture 7.8 billion people world wide

350000 deaths from covid "

Because the entire planet has reacted to minimise it's effect.

How can you fail to grasp that?

Ipswich

Too much effort?

How about love this country by paying attention to what's happening and doing something to help?

Why does questioning what's happening mean that I "hate" this country? "

You dont do that by blatantly making up statistics

Now go stand in the corner, have a big sniff and think about what you've done

By *linkyMalinkyWoman  over a year ago

South Somerset

I don’t fucking care.

Did we all not leave the house before in case we got flu/meningitis/hit by a bus/crashed the car?

No.

Estimated death rate for people who don’t have severe underlying health conditions is very low. I had the virus and it was nowhere near as bad as the flu. For most it’s a very minor illness. It’s been life as normal for me for a good few weeks.

West London

Too much effort?

Now go stand in the corner, have a big sniff and think about what you've done "

Well argued

Could you explain how it is "blatantly made up statistics"?

Did you open the links?

Did you look at the graphs?

Did you follow the link through to the data source (ourworldindata)?

Why pick the fight if you haven't?

What is your data source?

West London

"I don’t fucking care.

Did we all not leave the house before in case we got flu/meningitis/hit by a bus/crashed the car?

No.

Estimated death rate for people who don’t have severe underlying health conditions is very low. I had the virus and it was nowhere near as bad as the flu. For most it’s a very minor illness. It’s been life as normal for me for a good few weeks. "

Well done you.

Unlucky someone else

Ipswich

Too much effort?

Well argued

Did you open the links?

What is your data source? "

You know you can email admin if you want to change your original post to something like the truth. You might find me less hostile then

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"I tend to avoid folks who talk the language of "the new normal"

I'm definitely a "back to normal" kinda person "

Me too

West London

Too much effort?

Well argued

Did you open the links?

What is your data source?

You know you can email admin if you want to change your original post to something like the truth. You might find me less hostile then"

So you didn't read the article, look at the data or have any of your own but you want to pick a fight anyway.

You are suffering from data impotence

I’m amazed that any newspaper article is being used as a reliable source of information anymore

West London

"I’m amazed that any newspaper article is being used as a reliable source of information anymore"

How about looking at the dataset?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"I don't think anyone is under the illusion it has gone away."

Seriously? You could have fooled me!

"I don’t fucking care.

No.

Estimated death rate for people who don’t have severe underlying health conditions is very low. I had the virus and it was nowhere near as bad as the flu. For most it’s a very minor illness. It’s been life as normal for me for a good few weeks...…………..."

Lucky man! It seems than the virus has a scatter gun target of who gets mild symptons and who dies. Unlike crossing the road, you have NO IDEA of where the virus is coming from and that applies to many illnesses that the human race can catch.

Over 80% of death's are over 70, does anyone think it might have something to do with us spending millions every year pumping drugs into our aging population keeping people alive? Just asking.

West London

"Over 80% of death's are over 70, does anyone think it might have something to do with us spending millions every year pumping drugs into our aging population keeping people alive? Just asking. "

You are a spring of compassion aren't you?

We should withhold treatment from people because they are old then?

What are your criteria? When do they become a waste of resources?

"Over 80% of death's are over 70, does anyone think it might have something to do with us spending millions every year pumping drugs into our aging population keeping people alive? Just asking.

What are your criteria? When do they become a waste of resources?"

See you don't get do you, jump on people because you believe all life is must be saved at all cost. Try looking at both sides people who don't even know their own children and are in pain, but let's keep pumping them with drugs because it makes us feel better.

"Over 80% of death's are over 70, does anyone think it might have something to do with us spending millions every year pumping drugs into our aging population keeping people alive? Just asking.

What are your criteria? When do they become a waste of resources?"

I was gonna post something in support of you then but wisely deleted before I pressed "post message".

West London

What are your criteria? When do they become a waste of resources?See you don't get do you, jump on people because you believe all life is must be saved at all cost. Try looking at both sides people who don't even know their own children and are in pain, but let's keep pumping them with drugs because it makes us feel better."

Actually, is sked you what the criteria are. You made the rest up didn't you?

So you think the majority of deaths have been people who are in some form of vegetative state?

Do you have any data for this?

If not, how about addressing my question?

What are your criteria for withholding treatment from elderly people?

Should the euthinasia be voluntary or imposed?

I happen to agree with the former but that doesn't require a global pandemic

What are your criteria? When do they become a waste of resources?See you don't get do you, jump on people because you believe all life is must be saved at all cost. Try looking at both sides people who don't even know their own children and are in pain, but let's keep pumping them with drugs because it makes us feel better.

So you think the majority of deaths have been people who are in some form of vegetative state?

I happen to agree with the former but that doesn't require a global pandemic "

I'm saying we have neglected and left them for someone else to look after out of sight out of mind. Now this virus is killing them and we are blaming anyone we can .

West London

What are your criteria? When do they become a waste of resources?See you don't get do you, jump on people because you believe all life is must be saved at all cost. Try looking at both sides people who don't even know their own children and are in pain, but let's keep pumping them with drugs because it makes us feel better.

I happen to agree with the former but that doesn't require a global pandemic I'm saying we have neglected and left them for someone else to look after out of sight out of mind. Now this virus is killing them and we are blaming anyone we can . "

Then I agree with you. You just wrote something completely different.

We've neglected the elderly. With neglected social care.

We've neglected the carers.

We've neglected the NHS and those staff too.

Mental health, the Police...

This is about the time I'm accused of hating my country.

Quite the opposite. I'm pissed off because I care a lot.

I happen to agree with the former but that doesn't require a global pandemic I'm saying we have neglected and left them for someone else to look after out of sight out of mind. Now this virus is killing them and we are blaming anyone we can .

Then I agree with you. You just wrote something completely different.

We've neglected the elderly. With neglected social care.

We've neglected the carers.

We've neglected the NHS and those staff too.

Mental health, the Police...

This is about the time I'm accused of hating my country.

Quite the opposite. I'm pissed off because I care a lot."

When this is over things must change, but I'm not holding my breath.

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

It fkn well wants to be making an exit sharpish cos I've been sat at home on furkough for 10 weeks and the company i work for are verging on redundancy.

I'm all for prayers and sympathy for the people and familys of the victims to this and I'll never NOT put that foremost but now a new danger of MILLIONS of unemployed and homelessness is creeping ever closer and a brand new disaster is about to take shape.

The figures need to be looked at,the truth needs to start being given and the country and the world need to be set in motion again before a new disaster takes a hold of the globe.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I think the number of deaths is alot higher than we are being told. Plus there are probably people who lived alone dead in their homes not found yet.

When the economy needs a bump the numbers will be said to be low.

And public opinion favours the goverment decision.

We're just stats to them whatever they say.

walsall

The virus will be with us forever so should we keep living in fear

Stay within social distancing never hug lived ones fear to leave the home concentrating on only the deaths not looking at the full picture of the ones who have survived or ones that haven't been recorded as didn't know They have even had it due to lack of symptoms

If anyone thinks a country can survive by social distancing forever then they would be wrong

They economy would collapse UK would become a third world country striken with unemployment and a bankrupt government

More deaths would arise because of collapse of NHS funding and homelessness

So yes virus is still here and here to stay but we can't or won't agree to social distance forever we are human and its not in our nature

Costa Blanca Spain...

There will be a second wave if you pretend it's all over."

LOL. The nit picker in chief accuses others of nit picking.

I did read the article and I also check the world wide data every day.

The article you chose (yes chose) was was from a very selective time frame that seemed to want to push an agenda (like quite a few on here)

The first line of the OP.

"We have the dubious honour of having the highest Covid-19 death rate in the world". Is not only wrong I would say it is a blatant lie.

Using a selected time frame (as did your chosen article) I could make a case for probably a dozen countries having that "dubious honour"

So Mr nit picker, nit pick away.

West London

The article you chose (yes chose) was was from a very selective time frame that seemed to want to push an agenda (like quite a few on here)

"We have the dubious honour of having the highest Covid-19 death rate in the world". Is not only wrong I would say it is a blatant lie.

Using a selected time frame (as did your chosen article) I could make a case for probably a dozen countries having that "dubious honour"

So Mr nit picker, nit pick away."

Here you are, back again wanting to score some points.

Welcome

Of course I chose the articles. It didn't appear by magic. What a bizarre attempt at discrediting me

So the data is freely available. I pointed it out and you looked at it yet you are disputing it because it was too specific

Did you notice that I said that the rate was declining?

What this indicates overall is that the virus has not gone away. Are you able to accept that?

If we are one place or five places higher or lower in the list that doesn't change does it?

It is a long way from South Korea, Taiwan or Germany's levels of infection.

Articles plural.

Did you read the second one? Do you think that there is no danger of a second wave? What epidemiological data have you access to that the WHO does not?

Do you think that we should return to life as normal? No behavioural change?

The fact that you have ignored the entire point of the thread to bicker over a, correct, data point rather demonstrates that you just have a personal issue with me.

Nice one

West London

It fkn well wants to be making an exit sharpish cos I've been sat at home on furkough for 10 weeks and the company i work for are verging on redundancy.

I'm all for prayers and sympathy for the people and familys of the victims to this and I'll never NOT put that foremost but now a new danger of MILLIONS of unemployed and homelessness is creeping ever closer and a brand new disaster is about to take shape.

The figures need to be looked at,the truth needs to start being given and the country and the world need to be set in motion again before a new disaster takes a hold of the globe. "

What "truth" are you talking about?

Do you think that you are being conspired against?

Do you have any objection to having an effective test, track and trace system in place before we all go back to normal?

Do you object to maintaining a physical distance from people and wearing a face mask until we know that the system is working?

Do you think that there is no chance of a second wave of infections is unlikely?

Will everything be just fine if we return to life as usual tomorrow?

if they haven't found a cure for the flu why would you expect they would for this virus now its here its here forever, live your life stop getting bogged down by the negative switch the news off and be free again, people die every second of every day and people are also born every second of every day, live your life and stop worrying about statistics if its your time its your time thats the life cycle, Italian, French, German we're all people

By *aughtyloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

The WHO estimates that between 290,000 and 650,000 respiratory deaths globally each year are associated with seasonal influenza.

Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19. Public Health England does not publish a mortality rate for the flu.

West London

"The virus will be with us forever so should we keep living in fear

Stay within social distancing never hug lived ones fear to leave the home concentrating on only the deaths not looking at the full picture of the ones who have survived or ones that haven't been recorded as didn't know They have even had it due to lack of symptoms

If anyone thinks a country can survive by social distancing forever then they would be wrong

They economy would collapse UK would become a third world country striken with unemployment and a bankrupt government

More deaths would arise because of collapse of NHS funding and homelessness

So yes virus is still here and here to stay but we can't or won't agree to social distance forever we are human and its not in our nature"

Who said anything about "living in fear"?

Calling me a scaredy-cat does not win arguments like back in the playground.

You have seriously said that we should focus on the positive. That some people are asymptomatic or recover. Is that how public health policy should be managed? The fact that the disease is spread by people who seem well is the biggest problem!

In the next breath you are talking about the collapse of the NHS. Something that could well have physically happened without extreme measures being taken right now.

There are going to be longer term medical consequences of treatments being delayed due to the system being overwhelmed this time around.

Who said anything about social distancing forever?

Do you have any objection to having an effective test, track and trace system in place before we all go back to normal?

Do you object to maintaining a physical distance from people and wearing a face mask until we know that the system is working?

Do you think that there is no chance of a second wave of infections or is unlikely?

Will everything be just fine if we return to life as usual tomorrow?

Do you think that countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Germany have got it wrong?

Are Brazil or the USA a better model for us to follow?

Social distancing may well NOT help get rid of the virus. It does, however, find us valuable time to find a vaccine or cure without it ripping through the whole population.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Welcome

Of course I chose the articles. It didn't appear by magic. What a bizarre attempt at discrediting me

So the data is freely available. I pointed it out and you looked at it yet you are disputing it because it was too specific

What this indicates overall is that the virus has not gone away. Are you able to accept that?

If we are one place or five places higher or lower in the list that doesn't change does it?

Articles plural.

Did you read the second one? Do you think that there is no danger of a second wave? What epidemiological data have you access to that the WHO does not?

The fact that you have ignored the entire point of the thread to bicker over a, correct, data point rather demonstrates that you just have a personal issue with me.

Nice one "

Like I said. I agree with most of your original post which was valid.

However you just couldn't resist your instinct to knock Britain at every opportunity. So I pulled you on it.

Nothing more nothing less.

West London

Welcome

Articles plural.

Nice one

However you just couldn't resist your instinct to knock Britain at every opportunity. So I pulled you on it.

Nothing more nothing less."

...and there's the "knocking Britain" or "hate your country" line.

Just a personal insult from the guy who loves his country so much that he lives in Germany and Spain.

Do as I say not as I do eh?

West London

Welcome

Articles plural.

Nice one

Nothing more nothing less."

Where did you say that most of my original thread was valid in your desperation to criticise a detail?

Skipped every other point in the response in your rush to to tell me that I'm unpatriotic too

That's ALL that you're doing here.

Well done

That is right, we now live in a new reality that could last for 10 or so more years, this is a unique time we are living in never experienced before.

"I don't think anyone is under the illusion it has gone away."

You're dead wrong about that.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours...

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours..."

Just read that ~ not good

chelmsford

"412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours...

Just read that ~ not good"

It's a big jump isn't it?

It's a big jump isn't it?"

It's catch up after a 3 day weekend.

he’s right though. The next lockdown will be even harsher!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's a big jump isn't it?"

Yes, it was in the 100's for the last couple of days.

I went back to work last week and noticed more and more how relaxed people are becoming. This no just proves that they shouldn't be

chelmsford

I went back to work last week and noticed more and more how relaxed people are becoming. This no just proves that they shouldn't be "

I have noticed people being more relaxed, whilst I've been shopping. Last Sunday, at the back of us there was a street party, not a lot of social distancing going on though!

"412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours..."
how many people normally die though of the flu say do we know whats the comparison?

chelmsford

"412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours...how many people normally die though of the flu say do we know whats the comparison? "

I can't answer that, they would be extra, this is Covid related deaths, it is a big jump.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours...how many people normally die though of the flu say do we know whats the comparison? "

This time of year very few. Annually in recent times anywhere between 2 and 26 thousand people die of flu each year depends on the strain in the uk. On average about 16 thousand a year.

Normal Flu I think has an average medium of 8000 per year

chelmsford

"412 deaths in UK in past 24 hours...how many people normally die though of the flu say do we know whats the comparison?

Normal Flu I think has an average medium of 8000 per year "

And we're over 37k in the last few weeks with Covid

By *ULL IN A CHINA SHOPMan  over a year ago

south coast

"The point is, we had prior warning. Even The Telegraph printed a story saying if the lockdown had been just a week earlier, it would have made a huge difference.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

I went back to work last week and noticed more and more how relaxed people are becoming. This no just proves that they shouldn't be ,

I have noticed people being more relaxed, whilst I've been shopping. Last Sunday, at the back of us there was a street party, not a lot of social distancing going on though!"

It has been a bank holiday wkend so the reporting of deaths will lag always do so tomorrow and Friday will be a better judge and the 7 day average

chelmsford

I went back to work last week and noticed more and more how relaxed people are becoming. This no just proves that they shouldn't be ,

I have noticed people being more relaxed, whilst I've been shopping. Last Sunday, at the back of us there was a street party, not a lot of social distancing going on though!

It has been a bank holiday wkend so the reporting of deaths will lag always do so tomorrow and Friday will be a better judge and the 7 day average "

Hope it goes down

I'm sorry just googled figures and if you ignore those produced by the newspapers which will always be exaggerated then the more accurate figures show ok the death rate is up for this period but that deaths that may have occured for other underlying health problems were attributed to covid, i think its being exaggerated, i mean if we have to stay 2m apart at all times, I'm just highlighting the flaws in this ridiculous situation then, how can bus drivers and passengers maintain, taxi drivers and passengers maintain, supermarket checkout people maintain, learner driver tuition people maintain, everyday so called vulnerable people are out no masks no gloves and not maintaining distance, kids are out unsupervised and not maintaining distance and people are out pointing fingers but they themselves are not maintaining 2m distancing its a farce I'm sorry it is, i can't work or do anything i enjoy because of this farce and its a virus just like the flu with no cure and really lets be realistic no hope of a cure, how much longer can this farce be continued, stop pointing fingers it means nothing, you're just being holyer than thou to what end. Its sad that people die it truly is but at some point we all will and others will be born to take our place, the figures are not accurate you're being manipulated by the press as usual

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Fear is more deadly than the virus.

chelmsford

Everyone has to do what is right for them and their families. I am looking after 3 vulnerable adults and dont want to put them at risk, so will continue to stay away from the public as much as possible. If it were just me, I would be happy moving about more.

West London

"I'm sorry just googled figures and if you ignore those produced by the newspapers which will always be exaggerated then the more accurate figures show ok the death rate is up for this period but that deaths that may have occured for other underlying health problems were attributed to covid, i think its being exaggerated, i mean if we have to stay 2m apart at all times, I'm just highlighting the flaws in this ridiculous situation then, how can bus drivers and passengers maintain, taxi drivers and passengers maintain, supermarket checkout people maintain, learner driver tuition people maintain, everyday so called vulnerable people are out no masks no gloves and not maintaining distance, kids are out unsupervised and not maintaining distance and people are out pointing fingers but they themselves are not maintaining 2m distancing its a farce I'm sorry it is, i can't work or do anything i enjoy because of this farce and its a virus just like the flu with no cure and really lets be realistic no hope of a cure, how much longer can this farce be continued, stop pointing fingers it means nothing, you're just being holyer than thou to what end. Its sad that people die it truly is but at some point we all will and others will be born to take our place, the figures are not accurate you're being manipulated by the press as usual "

"Manipulated by the press" to what end?

If you are going to justify what your writing with a conspiracy theory at least provide the reasoning

You can see the raw data in: Statista and Our World In Data or an analysis in Fullfact

You can see excess deaths (+60,000) more quickly here but they are, apparently, part of the "conspiracy":

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries

https://www.ft.com/content/4a91a414-4937-4c54-aa78-6d231f4a4e43

Wherever you are looking you are finding something very wrong if you've come to the conclusion that there's no problem.

It is three times as deadly as flu plus the knock on effects of overwhelming our hospitals and preventing other treatments.

You do not have to maintain 2m distancing forever. Who's said that you do?

It will reduce with mask wearing and when we have a functioning test, track and trace system.

West London

"Fear is more deadly than the virus."

You're using the Cummings/Brexit/Trump catchphrase without substance playbook.

Sounds good. Means nothing.

"I'm sorry just googled figures and if you ignore those produced by the newspapers which will always be exaggerated then the more accurate figures show ok the death rate is up for this period but that deaths that may have occured for other underlying health problems were attributed to covid, i think its being exaggerated, i mean if we have to stay 2m apart at all times, I'm just highlighting the flaws in this ridiculous situation then, how can bus drivers and passengers maintain, taxi drivers and passengers maintain, supermarket checkout people maintain, learner driver tuition people maintain, everyday so called vulnerable people are out no masks no gloves and not maintaining distance, kids are out unsupervised and not maintaining distance and people are out pointing fingers but they themselves are not maintaining 2m distancing its a farce I'm sorry it is, i can't work or do anything i enjoy because of this farce and its a virus just like the flu with no cure and really lets be realistic no hope of a cure, how much longer can this farce be continued, stop pointing fingers it means nothing, you're just being holyer than thou to what end. Its sad that people die it truly is but at some point we all will and others will be born to take our place, the figures are not accurate you're being manipulated by the press as usual

If you are going to justify what your writing with a conspiracy theory at least provide the reasoning

You can see the raw data in: Statista and Our World In Data or an analysis in Fullfact

You can see excess deaths (+60,000) more quickly here but they are, apparently, part of the "conspiracy":

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries

Wherever you are looking you are finding something very wrong if you've come to the conclusion that there's no problem.

It is three times as deadly as flu plus the knock on effects of overwhelming our hospitals and preventing other treatments.

It will reduce with mask wearing and when we have a functioning test, track and trace system."

every site i googled for figures was different and i never said conspiracy i just said its a farce and it is

We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this.if they haven't found a cure for the flu why would you expect they would for this virus now its here its here forever, live your life stop getting bogged down by the negative switch the news off and be free again, people die every second of every day and people are also born every second of every day, live your life and stop worrying about statistics if its your time its your time thats the life cycle, Italian, French, German we're all people "

I could never be your friend, if our opinions didn't match....

Plus it saves me time writing it...

Track and trace is a dead duck, not working in other countries won't work here.

West London

"I'm sorry just googled figures and if you ignore those produced by the newspapers which will always be exaggerated then the more accurate figures show ok the death rate is up for this period but that deaths that may have occured for other underlying health problems were attributed to covid, i think its being exaggerated, i mean if we have to stay 2m apart at all times, I'm just highlighting the flaws in this ridiculous situation then, how can bus drivers and passengers maintain, taxi drivers and passengers maintain, supermarket checkout people maintain, learner driver tuition people maintain, everyday so called vulnerable people are out no masks no gloves and not maintaining distance, kids are out unsupervised and not maintaining distance and people are out pointing fingers but they themselves are not maintaining 2m distancing its a farce I'm sorry it is, i can't work or do anything i enjoy because of this farce and its a virus just like the flu with no cure and really lets be realistic no hope of a cure, how much longer can this farce be continued, stop pointing fingers it means nothing, you're just being holyer than thou to what end. Its sad that people die it truly is but at some point we all will and others will be born to take our place, the figures are not accurate you're being manipulated by the press as usual

It will reduce with mask wearing and when we have a functioning test, track and trace system.every site i googled for figures was different and i never said conspiracy i just said its a farce and it is "

If you Google "why are the press lying to is about Corona virus" you will get a different answer to " excess Corona virus deaths by country" or "Corona virus deaths per capita".

Unfortunately the farce seems to be your understanding of numbers and graphs.

West London

"Track and trace is a dead duck, not working in other countries won't work here. "

Except in the countries with the lowest infection and mortality rates like South Korea, Taiwan and Germany amongst many others

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Track and trace is a dead duck, not working in other countries won't work here. "

It works in countries that keep infection numbers to very low numbers like south korea or germany we are miles away from either at the moment

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

and everyone who has done the 2 metre distancing, worn the masks and sterilsed everything around them with hand sanitiser will eventually come down with bad flu and colds due to the immune system being wrapped in cotton wool.

Then when those who sanitised to the hilt, worn masks start to catch colds and flu, thats when the Government will come in and say "hey, this was bad idea to ease lockdown, now you will all be prisoners in your own home when we now impose all our powers to control you and then we havve you all where we want you"

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Track and trace is a dead duck, not working in other countries won't work here.

Except in the countries with the lowest infection and mortality rates like South Korea, Taiwan and Germany amongst many others "

and when those countries open, their infection rate will go up.

West London

"Track and trace is a dead duck, not working in other countries won't work here.

Except in the countries with the lowest infection and mortality rates like South Korea, Taiwan and Germany amongst many others

and when those countries open, their infection rate will go up."

Did you look anything up before you wrote this?

South Korea and Taiwan were never locked down.

Germany's R number has been fluctuating but seems OK for now.

You're welcome.

walsall

Wasting ur time arguing with him that's what he wants

He thinks wearing a mask will protect everyone try telling the Dr's n nurses that wear a lot more than that they are safe as they haven't died have they

Oh sorry they have

He wants to bring everyone down with hs pathetic attempts at rubbishing everyone's ideas but his own

Done same on every positive forum post

That's my last comment as can't be arsed with asses

West London

"Wasting ur time arguing with him that's what he wants

He thinks wearing a mask will protect everyone try telling the Dr's n nurses that wear a lot more than that they are safe as they haven't died have they

Oh sorry they have

He wants to bring everyone down with hs pathetic attempts at rubbishing everyone's ideas but his own

That's my last comment as can't be arsed with asses"

All that I said was take time to get the test, track and trace working before relaxing the rules whilst measuring the results of changing behaviour.

How is that negative?

You don't seem to see any merit in this approach though.

You just don't want to wear a mask and you don't think there's much of a problem anyway as Covid-19 is pretty much the same as normal flu.

Therefore lockdown was a waste of time and we should just go back to behaving as before as the consequences will be minimal anyway.

Understood.

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

Of the 40,000 deaths in this country only 400 have been under the age of 59, and they mostly had underlying health conditions.

Sweden, which is where the OP is wrong had recorded the highest death rate, at a count if 6, yes 6 people per day per million inhabitants.

We will soon be having more deaths from cancelled surgeries, delayed treatments, dialysis and operations than Covid can claim.

If you are at risk self isolate, if not then let’s get back to a semblance of normality but respecting the self isolators and helping them keep safe.

Oh sorry they have

Well said.

Absolutely true.

Thank you & please stay safe.

Eva XXX

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Oh sorry they have

Oh sorry they have

Very true .

Well said.

West London

"Of the 40,000 deaths in this country only 400 have been under the age of 59, and they mostly had underlying health conditions.

Sweden, which is where the OP is wrong had recorded the highest death rate, at a count if 6, yes 6 people per day per million inhabitants.

We will soon be having more deaths from cancelled surgeries, delayed treatments, dialysis and operations than Covid can claim.

If you are at risk self isolate, if not then let’s get back to a semblance of normality but respecting the self isolators and helping them keep safe.

"

There did a lack of compassion here that I really struggle with.

40,000 deaths acceptable because they're old and a bit suck anyway.

Understood.

Obviously you wish to minimise the problem as much as you can by presenting as small a number as possible and using a country with a smaller population much less densely populated and with completely different behaviours.

Nice spin.

Your 6 people per million per day is 22,400 per year.

Dead. Lost to their families.

That would be 134,000 people in the UK assuming exactly the same circumstances, which they are not. Higher population density in the UK and less healthy so the outcome would be worse.

Does that work for you for a semblance of normalcy?

It will reduce with mask wearing and when we have a functioning test, track and trace system.every site i googled for figures was different and i never said conspiracy i just said its a farce and it is

If you Google "why are the press lying to is about Corona virus" you will get a different answer to " excess Corona virus deaths by country" or "Corona virus deaths per capita".

Unfortunately the farce seems to be your understanding of numbers and graphs."

I'm reading same internet rubbish you are

West London

In this post all that I pointed out was that lots of people are still dying of Covid-19 in this country every single day.

That the scientific experience indicates that there will be a second wave at some point.

All I suggested is that we take care.

This is not negative. This is reality.

Being "positive" will not change this.

I did not suggest that lockdown had to continue indefinitely.

Maintain some distance and whare a mask in a confined space.

When there is an effective test, track and trace system in place relax these rules progressively.

Apparently this is an unacceptable approach to many people.

Some, apparently, believe that Covid-19 is not much difference to flu and not many people have actually died despite the data.

Some feel that the death rate is acceptable.

Some really don't care as long as they are fine.

These are the only things that make me feel negative.

West London

It will reduce with mask wearing and when we have a functioning test, track and trace system.every site i googled for figures was different and i never said conspiracy i just said its a farce and it is

Unfortunately the farce seems to be your understanding of numbers and graphs.I'm reading same internet rubbish you are "

...and clearly not understanding it, or believing it's "fake news" because you don't like it.

Good job

West London

It works in countries that keep infection numbers to very low numbers like south korea or germany we are miles away from either at the moment "

...and how do you think that we get to that point?

By carrying on as normal?

By *ondoctorMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Wow another know it all,cuz he swats all day on facts n figures,go and have a wank with a dildo up yourself,.....more fun than moaning lol

By *hatterley64Couple  over a year ago

Hertford

"Fuck me, you’re a barrel of laughs ! "

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

If you're scared. Stay at home.. I'm thinking the rest of us need "normal"

The two stooges next to Boris tonight.. Jesus Mr Careful and Mr Wary.

Roger Hargreaves could have had two more for his books..

All great when it doesn't really have that much effect on you when you're selling it..

Back to normal is needed. There's more harm being done now than what the fear predicted..

And to be honest every major glimmer of hope they've offered has failed and failed badly..

What's the opposite of the Midas touch?

Whatever its called the UK government and public bodies have got it..

Everything they've touched has turned to shit

Wigan

If you're scared. Stay at home.. I'm thinking the rest of us need "normal"

All great when it doesn't really have that much effect on you when you're selling it..

Back to normal is needed. There's more harm being done now than what the fear predicted..

And to be honest every major glimmer of hope they've offered has failed and failed badly..

chelmsford

"Wow another know it all,cuz he swats all day on facts n figures,go and have a wank with a dildo up yourself,.....more fun than moaning lol"

West London

"Wow another know it all,cuz he swats all day on facts n figures,go and have a wank with a dildo up yourself,.....more fun than moaning lol"

It takes a couple of minutes to look up and understand.

Ignorance is not a good thing.

Neither is nastiness.

Good job on both

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

"

The difference is that Boris is the PM, he knows the most up to date information and also keeps us informed of the lockdown measures. He isn't on a swingers forum quoting the mainstream media that wouldnt know the truth if it jumped up and smacked them in the face. "

Unlike, say, a Prime Minister who was sacked from his first job for lying, sacked from the Spectator for lying and has lied throughout his career, up to and including this week, when he's not calling other people, for example, the Durham police, liars because they wouldn't endorse his and Dominic Cummings' lies.

Oh. Ok.

chelmsford

"Wow another know it all,cuz he swats all day on facts n figures,go and have a wank with a dildo up yourself,.....more fun than moaning lol

It takes a couple of minutes to look up and understand.

Ignorance is not a good thing.

Neither is nastiness.

Good job on both

"

Unfortunately the farce seems to be your understanding of numbers and graphs.I'm reading same internet rubbish you are "

Back to porn eh

West London

"If you're scared. Stay at home.. I'm thinking the rest of us need "normal"

"

You don't think that the government response has been adequate?

Because too many people have died or because we took it too seriously and shouldn't have shut down?

You think that if we go back to life as it was before with no more caution and no test, track and trace in place there will not be another increase in infections and deaths?

You think that won't effect the economy and people's lives?

40,000 people dead with a lockdown. How "normal" will the death rate be with no additional measures and how "normal" will that make people's lives?

Wigan

Because too many people have died or because we took it too seriously and shouldn't have shut down?

You think that if we go back to life as it was before with no more caution and no test, track and trace in place there will not be another increase in infections and deaths?

40,000 people dead with a lockdown. How "normal" will the death rate be with no additional measures and how "normal" will that make people's lives?"

No

We didn't shut down and the half arsed attempt was a month too late - hence the death toll. Unacceptably high.

Failed in providing ppe

Failed at providing ventilators that was then decided they did more harm than good

Built Nightingale hospitals, well threw up some partioning in an existing building and wheeled in some beds and monitors etc.

Exclaimed how fantastic it was as was done in 4days.

How long? Jesus the army was called in.. And it still took 4 days.

And then the best bit, sent infected patients back to Care homes to free up beds...

Then couldn't or refused to supply care homes with ppe so panicked and bought some from Turkey. Which took a week to get here and when it did it didn't meet Health standards.

Took 6 weeks to set up testing stations (too few) and too spread out so hardly used.

Refused help from testing labs to return tests quickly.

Amassed a pile of tests samples with no clue who to send the results back to.

Covid 19 being included on death certs when not cause of death.

Distorts the numbers

Fiddled the daily testing numbers to reach 100,000 per day by including tests posted out to people.

Distorted the number of ppe items on route to frontline staff by stating a pair of gloves was two items

Refused help from Google and Apple for a track and trace App

Attempted to design their own - Failed

Recruited 500000 people for track and trace. Opened yesterday, crashed within half an hour.

1 in 7 people can be infected and show no symptoms so the track and trace will on the whole fail as the first sentence of the guideline is

If you show symptoms....

So in a nutshell the pandemic was self made, through lack of planning, preperation, slow reaction, lack of protective equipment and total panic..

Now we've also a huge bill to deal with and probably 40% of jobs will go over the next 6 months..

It's a pity the UK government weren't

ALERT

Have Washed their hands of all the failings

And have

Cost lives

Leeds

"

No

We didn't shut down and the half arsed attempt was a month too late - hence the death toll. Unacceptably high.

Failed in providing ppe

Failed at providing ventilators that was then decided they did more harm than good

Built Nightingale hospitals, well threw up some partioning in an existing building and wheeled in some beds and monitors etc.

And then the best bit, sent infected patients back to Care homes to free up beds...

Then couldn't or refused to supply care homes with ppe so panicked and bought some from Turkey. Which took a week to get here and when it did it didn't meet Health standards.

Took 6 weeks to set up testing stations (too few) and too spread out so hardly used.

Distorts the numbers

Fiddled the daily testing numbers to reach 100,000 per day by including tests posted out to people.

Distorted the number of ppe items on route to frontline staff by stating a pair of gloves was two items

Recruited 500000 people for track and trace. Opened yesterday, crashed within half an hour.

1 in 7 people can be infected and show no symptoms so the track and trace will on the whole fail as the first sentence of the guideline is

If you show symptoms....

So in a nutshell the pandemic was self made, through lack of planning, preperation, slow reaction, lack of protective equipment and total panic..

Now we've also a huge bill to deal with and probably 40% of jobs will go over the next 6 months..

ALERT

And have

Cost lives

"

My God! You got out of bed the wrong way this morning! Does this drivel flow naturally or do you need a trowel to get it out of your arse?

40,000 people dead with a lockdown. How "normal" will the death rate be with no additional measures and how "normal" will that make people's lives?

No

Failed in providing ppe

Distorts the numbers

If you show symptoms....

ALERT

And have

Cost lives

"

So given your extensive critique, can we safely assume that you’ve seen all the confidential information made available to the PM and SAGE over the last five months and that you are also a highly qualified and seasoned epidemiologist?

If so, please let us know your alternative strategy, in the same level of detail, so we can petition the Government as to why they didn’t contact you in order to follow your expert advice.

West London

No

Failed in providing ppe

Distorts the numbers

If you show symptoms....

ALERT

And have

Cost lives

"

Then we agree, except your opening line of needing "normal" rather undercut what you originally said in the context of other people questioning that any care is necessary after lockdown.

West London

No

Failed in providing ppe

Distorts the numbers

If you show symptoms....

ALERT

And have

Cost lives

So given your extensive critique, can we safely assume that you’ve seen all the confidential information made available to the PM and SAGE over the last five months and that you are also a highly qualified and seasoned epidemiologist?

If so, please let us know your alternative strategy, in the same level of detail, so we can petition the Government as to why they didn’t contact you in order to follow your expert advice."

There is a difference between what the government may have been advised to do and what they chose to do.

The fact that we were so ill prepared may have rendered the best courses of action impossible.

Test track and trace is barely functioning even now

Wigan

Normal in as we really need to save the economy.

The misery that will follow soon will make all this look like a drop in the ocean.

If people can't understand and follow current events and only hear, FEAR then that's up to THEM. Stay at home as I and countless others want my life back.

It's a virus it can't be eradicated and we cannot and must not be forced to hide away forever.

We have to be exposed to it and recover through natural antibodies. As in the main most fit and healthy people do. Those that are sick and vulnerable should remain locked down. As should all those that come into contact with them.

On that basis it'll eventually disappear..

By *aughtycouple1008Couple  over a year ago

west london

Wigan

"

No

Failed in providing ppe

Distorts the numbers

If you show symptoms....

ALERT

And have

Cost lives

My God! You got out of bed the wrong way this morning! Does this drivel flow naturally or do you need a trowel to get it out of your arse? "

So you live with your head up yours then?

Oh and I should have typed 50000 not 500000 recruits.

Have a listen /read of information at some point, might help

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

No

Failed in providing ppe

Distorts the numbers

If you show symptoms....

ALERT

And have

Cost lives

"

If it want so tragic it would be almost funny The absolute shambolic way it's been handled.

Have a day off, your depressing us even more

"Have a day off, your depressing us even more"

chelmsford

"Have a day off, your depressing us even more"

"Have a day off, your depressing us even more

"

Agree some people like this contine why they are this site amazes me

Leeds

"

My God! You got out of bed the wrong way this morning! Does this drivel flow naturally or do you need a trowel to get it out of your arse?

"

I'd like to see the world as you do, but I can't get my head that far up my arse!

"

I'd like to see the world as you do, but I can't get my head that far up my arse! "

Wigan

So those that think I'm being critising without due course. Please comment on what has actually been well thought out, activated and successful so far..

Wash your hands, maybe. Ffs are we infants?

Is that the best advice we could be given?

I'm doing a little survey i appreciate some will know people who have had this virus and have been ill and that is sad but how many actually know somebody who has had it? Do you Op?

We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this.I'm doing a little survey i appreciate some will know people who have had this virus and have been ill and that is sad but how many actually know somebody who has had it? Do you Op? "

Me and my wife and 14 of her colleagues.

She works in a carehome .

Ipswich

We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this.I'm doing a little survey i appreciate some will know people who have had this virus and have been ill and that is sad but how many actually know somebody who has had it? Do you Op? "

A friends daughter in law had it but wasn't really aware. Nobody else in her household caught it thankfully

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Can't argue with the headline. It's self evident. And after almost 10 weeks of Lockdown, thousands of lives have been saved, though perhaps not as many as could have been.

R has been kept between 0.7 and 0.9 - which is good; but you have to wonder what it's going to take to get it down to 0.1, or lower.

Allowing whomever is up for it to risk becoming infected, until a vaccine is available, is not a viable solution for most people.

If it's what you want, wear a badge, so the rest of us can keep the fuck away from you. Thanks.

Leeds

"So those that think I'm being critising without due course. Please comment on what has actually been well thought out, activated and successful so far..

Wash your hands, maybe. Ffs are we infants?

Is that the best advice we could be given? "

The best advice would be, for everyone not to take any notice of plonkers like you!

West London

"Normal in as we really need to save the economy.

The misery that will follow soon will make all this look like a drop in the ocean.

If people can't understand and follow current events and only hear, FEAR then that's up to THEM. Stay at home as I and countless others want my life back.

It's a virus it can't be eradicated and we cannot and must not be forced to hide away forever.

We have to be exposed to it and recover through natural antibodies. As in the main most fit and healthy people do. Those that are sick and vulnerable should remain locked down. As should all those that come into contact with them.

On that basis it'll eventually disappear..

"

On that case I really have no idea how you think that this will work out with your plan.

The Government have been incompetent leading to far more deaths than necessary.

Yes.

However, we now should reopen freely with some unspecified number of people staying in isolation indefinitely.

You think that this will guarantee a second wave will not occur or you don't think that a second wave will occur.

Alternatively you think that the consequences of another epidemic are acceptable.

There was going to be a major recession anyway.

It was hastened.

Trump is set on making it harder with a confrontation with China.

We are going to make it harder on ourselves with Brexit.

More deaths, en mass from Covid-19 will make everything worse with the emotional scars added to the economic ones.

Pretending that ending lockdown without a thought out solution will solve everything is nothing more than wishful thinking.

West London

Better to start a separate thread no?

Also this doesn't tell you anything.

271,000 confirmed cases. 38,000 deaths relative to a population of 60 million doesn't mean that you will know someone who has recovered or died. That doesn't make it any less serious though.

For the record I know two medics who have caught it. One relatively mildly one very seriously.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Coronavirus is not going to go away or end...we are going to have to learn to live along side it, as we have with AIDs and many other illnesses

"

"

He just ignores and carries on

Ipswich

He just ignores and carries on "

I think the intention is to depress everyone

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

" We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this.I'm doing a little survey i appreciate some will know people who have had this virus and have been ill and that is sad but how many actually know somebody who has had it? Do you Op? "

I know several people who've had it - from a 40 year old guy who had no symptoms at all (only knew he had it because he went to hospital for surgery and was tested as a precaution) through to a pregnant lady in her 20's who died. A couple I know both had it, him relatively mildly, she was hospitalized and ventilated. I don't know why some were affected so badly and others not, none had underlying health issues

"Coronavirus is not going to go away or end...we are going to have to learn to live along side it, as we have with AIDs and many other illnesses "

Not sure quoting AIDS is a great comparison tbh.

" We still need to act with the same care as we adjust to this.I'm doing a little survey i appreciate some will know people who have had this virus and have been ill and that is sad but how many actually know somebody who has had it? Do you Op?

I know several people who've had it - from a 40 year old guy who had no symptoms at all (only knew he had it because he went to hospital for surgery and was tested as a precaution) through to a pregnant lady in her 20's who died. A couple I know both had it, him relatively mildly, she was hospitalized and ventilated. I don't know why some were affected so badly and others not, none had underlying health issues "

Pregnant women are high risk.

West London

Here's a "negative" comment for you being reposted by almost all of the NHS medical staff that I know:

"The end of stay-at-home orders does not mean that the pandemic is over.

It means they currently have room for you in the ICU"

However, you can now pretend that it is over and go back to behaving as before.

What could possibly go wrong?

Leeds

"Here's a "negative" comment for you being reposted by almost all of the NHS medical staff that I know:

What could possibly go wrong?"

It has always been about not overwhelming the NHS. Lockdown can't be permanent, it has to be lifted sometime. A percentage of those who don't practice social distancing correctly will fall ill. Until we are all vaccinated the virus will continue to infect.

the virus will be with us for years to come, what will we do I'm beside myself

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Here's a "negative" comment for you being reposted by almost all of the NHS medical staff that I know:

It has always been about not overwhelming the NHS. Lockdown can't be permanent, it has to be lifted sometime. A percentage of those who don't practice social distancing correctly will fall ill. Until we are all vaccinated the virus will continue to infect."

we may never get a vaccine. And we cant social distance indefinitely. And think majority of people I am seeing in daily life have had enough now. Seen a little old lady having friends over today in her garden and her words.. " stuff this social distancing rubbish" as she hugged her family. Btw I'm not some stalker.. her communal garden is along side mine and I was in the garden

It has always been about not overwhelming the NHS. Lockdown can't be permanent, it has to be lifted sometime. A percentage of those who don't practice social distancing correctly will fall ill. Until we are all vaccinated the virus will continue to infect. we may never get a vaccine. And we cant social distance indefinitely. And think majority of people I am seeing in daily life have had enough now. Seen a little old lady having friends over today in her garden and her words.. " stuff this social distancing rubbish" as she hugged her family. Btw I'm not some stalker.. her communal garden is along side mine and I was in the garden "

exactly in the end people will say enough is enough and carry on with life I've lost two months of my freedom to this for what, nobody else as far as i can see is playing by the rules, this is just another scare tactic and its just that because the powers that be know they can't enforce it so all thats left is the tell talers i saw him do this and him do that lol we are becoming a nation of busy bodies

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

For what you say above, where is the evidence?

[Removed by poster at 01/06/20 11:16:51]

" We may never get a vaccine. And we cant social distance indefinitely. And think majority of people I am seeing in daily life have had enough now. Seen a little old lady having friends over today in her garden and her words.. " stuff this social distancing rubbish" as she hugged her family. Btw I'm not some stalker.. her communal garden is along side mine and I was in the garden "

Well said my Dear.

I think your post is spot-on....

Won't be long now until good sense prevails.

Thank you..!!

Eva XXX

"Exactly in the end people will say enough is enough and carry on with life I've lost two months of my freedom to this for what, nobody else as far as i can see is playing by the rules, this is just another scare tactic and its just that because the powers that be know they can't enforce it so all thats left is the tell talers i saw him do this and him do that lol we are becoming a nation of busy bodies "

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It has always been about not overwhelming the NHS. Lockdown can't be permanent, it has to be lifted sometime. A percentage of those who don't practice social distancing correctly will fall ill. Until we are all vaccinated the virus will continue to infect. we may never get a vaccine. And we cant social distance indefinitely. And think majority of people I am seeing in daily life have had enough now. Seen a little old lady having friends over today in her garden and her words.. " stuff this social distancing rubbish" as she hugged her family. Btw I'm not some stalker.. her communal garden is along side mine and I was in the garden "

As long as everyone takes responsibility for their own actions, two of my friends who work together have just tested positive for it as a family member has symptoms and they are both positive asymptomatic, social distancing is so important as you don't know who has it

Wigan

It has always been about not overwhelming the NHS. Lockdown can't be permanent, it has to be lifted sometime. A percentage of those who don't practice social distancing correctly will fall ill. Until we are all vaccinated the virus will continue to infect."

Ha ha

Really?

It has always been about not overwhelming the NHS. Lockdown can't be permanent, it has to be lifted sometime. A percentage of those who don't practice social distancing correctly will fall ill. Until we are all vaccinated the virus will continue to infect.

Ha ha

Really? "

dream on

its a virus just like the flu....... no miracle vaccine for that is there