FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid 19

Covid 19

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone on here tested positive for the dreaded covid19 and how are you coping now it's over for you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What do you mean now it's over? Many people recover.

There's no proof yet that people can't get it again.

I get my results on Monday but I’m hoping I’ve got a few days left yet op and hey maybe even a week or two.

T

"I get my results on Monday but I’m hoping I’ve got a few days left yet op and hey maybe even a week or two.

T"

Have you done an antibody test?

Who did you go through?

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

I am amazed there are still people who think if you have contracted Cv19 you are immune. I thought people had gotten over the herd immunity theory weeks ago. Then again they are part of a herd.

"I am amazed there are still people who think if you have contracted Cv19 you are immune. I thought people had gotten over the herd immunity theory weeks ago. Then again they are part of a herd. "

This is why i’m Intrigued about the antibody tests....

what would a positive mean to the person who’s paid such & such an amount to test themselves.

There’s no evidence you can’t catch it twice, there’s evidence of multiple strains within the UK, where do you go after that....??

I’m very curious!

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

There is a separate section called “virus” better to ask your questions in there! and you could even find one already answered

"I get my results on Monday but I’m hoping I’ve got a few days left yet op and hey maybe even a week or two.

T

Have you done an antibody test?

Who did you go through?"

The hospital that I’m in at the moment have taken the swabs for the Covid-19 test and because it’s in the middle of nowhere with no staff the results take a week but in the nearest city the results take two days.

T

Caught it the week before lockdown. Grim is the best way to describe it. I believe it affects everyone differently. My experience wasn’t great if I’m honest but the breathing only started getting worse after about day 11 or 12. Never slept as much in my life. Hallucinations, cold sweats, hot sweats and delirium were awesome although that only lasted 3 or 4 days. Truthfully still not feeling 100% seven or eight weeks later. Weird.

Dinners just turned up and the nurse tells me I’m negative so that bowl of lettuce will taste even better.

T

"Dinners just turned up and the nurse tells me I’m negative so that bowl of lettuce will taste even better.

T"

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Now get that lettuce down you before matron comes back!!

Cheers but I’m already a million times better and feeling a bit of a fraud surrounded by real sick people.

Only in France could a fucking bowl of lettuce be part of a five course meal!!!!

T

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Dinners just turned up and the nurse tells me I’m negative so that bowl of lettuce will taste even better.

T"

Good news

"I am amazed there are still people who think if you have contracted Cv19 you are immune. I thought people had gotten over the herd immunity theory weeks ago. Then again they are part of a herd. "
If you caught it and lived your immune? If your saying you can keep catching it, then never grow old or fall ill because you're die.

"I am amazed there are still people who think if you have contracted Cv19 you are immune. I thought people had gotten over the herd immunity theory weeks ago. Then again they are part of a herd. If you caught it and lived your immune? If your saying you can keep catching it, then never grow old or fall ill because you're die. "

I think the point being made is we don’t know about immunity. We don’t know how long antibodies would be active for? Would it be different in young or old? Would underlying health issues compromise immunity?

There’s still so much we don’t yet know x

T"

Blinding.... good news sweet x

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

If you can catch it again then they are wasting their time looking for a vaccine. This is just the classic scientist pessimism and media scare mongering.

My brother and his wife have both tested positive for the antibodies.

The government has now banned the home tests because they don't want people finding they have had it and don't need to follow the rules anymore

"I am amazed there are still people who think if you have contracted Cv19 you are immune. I thought people had gotten over the herd immunity theory weeks ago. Then again they are part of a herd.

If you can catch it again then they are wasting their time looking for a vaccine. This is just the classic scientist pessimism and media scare mongering.

The government has now banned the home tests because they don't want people finding they have had it and don't need to follow the rules anymore"

Vaccines and natural antibodies are two different things!

SARS & MERS gives antibodies for approx 2 years.... COVID is similar in that it’s a coronavirus. A vaccine would give life immunity... antibodies may not!

"I am amazed there are still people who think if you have contracted Cv19 you are immune. I thought people had gotten over the herd immunity theory weeks ago. Then again they are part of a herd.

The government has now banned the home tests because they don't want people finding they have had it and don't need to follow the rules anymore

SARS & MERS gives antibodies for approx 2 years.... COVID is similar in that it’s a coronavirus. A vaccine would give life immunity... antibodies may not! "

It would be like a flu jab so not life immunity.

You would take it annually.

A virus mutates regularly so they need to add new strains to the vaccine yearly just aflu jab.

Tonbridge

SARS & MERS gives antibodies for approx 2 years.... COVID is similar in that it’s a coronavirus. A vaccine would give life immunity... antibodies may not! "

They are not different things. The vaccines makes your body think it has the disease so it generates the antibodies that it would generate if it really had the disease. The vaccines is the virus in a form that doesn't multiply so it is not going infect you.

They actually test whether the vaccine was effective by seeing if you generate the antibodies that are generated in someone who actually caught the virus.

Like a flu jab

Tonbridge

And vaccines don't necessarily give immunity for life which is why you need a tetanus booster every ten years.

SARS & MERS gives antibodies for approx 2 years.... COVID is similar in that it’s a coronavirus. A vaccine would give life immunity... antibodies may not!

It would be like a flu jab so not life immunity.

You would take it annually.

A virus mutates regularly so they need to add new strains to the vaccine yearly just aflu jab."

did read someone else saying that online and regurgitate it assuming it was fact?

they dont have a vaccine yet so nobody has any idea how long the results of the vaccine would last or how often it would need to change

the mmr vaccine you get as a baby and a booster at about 5 and then should be set for life ... it protects against a virus too

the flu vaccine people get most years

thats just 2 examples of different kinds

you cant assume all vaccines will work the same

» Add a new message to this topic