FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Travelodges

Travelodges

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What is anyone's best guess as to when Travelodges will be taking bookings again?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What is anyone's best guess as to when Travelodges will be taking bookings again?"

Some are already open

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Only ones open are taking KeyWorkers atm.

"Only ones open are taking KeyWorkers atm.

"

True, same with premier inn

Thanks guys.

I have 8 seperate bookings I made before lockdown for club events throughout the year. Because I booked them on saver rate, they are refusing refunds and just offering re booking.

A club visit is the only time I would have use of a Travelodge, so with the clubs not opening any time soon I'm stuck.

Customer services haven't been very helpful

"Thanks guys.

I have 8 seperate bookings I made before lockdown for club events throughout the year. Because I booked them on saver rate, they are refusing refunds and just offering re booking.

A club visit is the only time I would have use of a Travelodge, so with the clubs not opening any time soon I'm stuck.

Customer services haven't been very helpful "

We have tow outstanding and they said that they will carry the bookings till used.

By *ustfulmusingCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Thanks guys.

We run a hotel and have been told we can reopen by the government On the 4th July ,as it stands today.

Hopefully if things continue to improve we will

By *haggynMuffCouple  over a year ago

Kidlington oxtord

So if im a key worker can i book a room for me and a friend or two?

"Thanks guys.

We have tow outstanding and they said that they will carry the bookings till used. "

But they are no use to me til the clubs open, which could be 2 years away.

I understand the rules of booking on saver rate, however you would think they would make an exception because of the circumstances.

"So if im a key worker can i book a room for me and a friend or two?"

I'm a key worker, wanna buy a hotel room

"

"

2 years? OMG!! Clubs will be open long before then.

Do anyone know who comes under the category of a key worker?

I was thinking about staying in a Travelodge for work soon, but I don't know if I can.

"Do anyone know who comes under the category of a key worker?

I was thinking about staying in a Travelodge for work soon, but I don't know if I can. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

"

2 years? OMG!! Clubs will be open long before then. "

Hmmmm....

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks guys.

Ignore the offer of re booking. If it is still shut when your booking comes up they send a mail refunding you

"Thanks guys.

Ignore the offer of re booking. If it is still shut when your booking comes up they send a mail refunding you"

By *exyCouple999Couple  over a year ago

South Bucks

"Thanks guys.

Ignore the offer of re booking. If it is still shut when your booking comes up they send a mail refunding you"

And if they are open - but the clubs aren't ?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Everything seems to be gearing up for July 4th, I don't know about travellodge but brittania hotels are open to all from July 4th onwards....

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

It would depend on the booking. If it was a non-refundable booking, then its non-refundable. They will try to fob you off with credits/ tokens etc, but if you push it, they can't refuse. Go up the management chain and keep pushing.

"Thanks guys.

How do you know? That would be great, I have a saver room booked for next week. Just got a voucher so far but nothing worth booking a new room for.

"Do anyone know who comes under the category of a key worker?

I was thinking about staying in a Travelodge for work soon, but I don't know if I can.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

"

I work away all the time and Travelodges customer service is the worst going, they have stitched me up so many times. Every time I've spoken to duty managers they completely agree with there poor customer care service. I bet you have been on the phone hours trying to sort this out.

Good luck

"It would depend on the booking. If it was a non-refundable booking, then its non-refundable. They will try to fob you off with credits/ tokens etc, but if you push it, they can't refuse. Go up the management chain and keep pushing."

Good idea but she will be on the phone getting bounced around for hours

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks guys.

Ignore the offer of re booking. If it is still shut when your booking comes up they send a mail refunding you

And if they are open - but the clubs aren't ?"

I am guessing you would have to take the room, although I am not an employee of them.

I was just answering what happened when our rooms were refunded for the saver rate because the place was shut

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks guys.

How do you know? That would be great, I have a saver room booked for next week. Just got a voucher so far but nothing worth booking a new room for. "

We had rooms booked in April for Premier and TL, they were the non refundable ones. They sent an E-mail saying we could book them fr another date as a goodwill gesture, but we ignored the mail as I knew if they were not open they would have to refund

Nearer the date they mailed saying you have a refund

"Thanks guys.

How do you know? That would be great, I have a saver room booked for next week. Just got a voucher so far but nothing worth booking a new room for.

We had rooms booked in April for Premier and TL, they were the non refundable ones. They sent an E-mail saying we could book them fr another date as a goodwill gesture, but we ignored the mail as I knew if they were not open they would have to refund

Nearer the date they mailed saying you have a refund"

Brilliant, thanks!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks guys.

How do you know? That would be great, I have a saver room booked for next week. Just got a voucher so far but nothing worth booking a new room for. "

PS did you accept the voucher? We didn't

"Thanks guys.

PS did you accept the voucher? We didn't "

I got the email saying I had a voucher and to rebook a date in the future but I haven't booked anything yet.

I had another Travelodge room that was normal rate (not saver) and got a full refund at the start of lockdown.

They've messed me around lots of times. One time I booked a room with my card and I explained that there was no funds on the card, but they said they only needed the card numbers to hold the room and I could pay cash on arrival(which I always do) when I arrived they wouldn't take cash.. so I rang customer services and they confirmed to the lady on reception to take cash and she still refused. I ended up having to drive 30 miles to the next nearest travelodge. Another time I booked a twin room and when I got there it was a room with one bed and one of us ended sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

"They've messed me around lots of times. One time I booked a room with my card and I explained that there was no funds on the card, but they said they only needed the card numbers to hold the room and I could pay cash on arrival(which I always do) when I arrived they wouldn't take cash.. so I rang customer services and they confirmed to the lady on reception to take cash and she still refused. I ended up having to drive 30 miles to the next nearest travelodge. Another time I booked a twin room and when I got there it was a room with one bed and one of us ended sleeping on a mattress on the floor. "

Havin said this I still like them

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks guys.

PS did you accept the voucher? We didn't

I got the email saying I had a voucher and to rebook a date in the future but I haven't booked anything yet.

I had another Travelodge room that was normal rate (not saver) and got a full refund at the start of lockdown. "

We didn't accept the voucher, I don't know if that makes a difference

Talking of moving things over -

Alton Towers (Season Pass Holders - Annual. Plus Annual Premium and Merlin) have said that they will add the lost months of lockdown to 2021.

Yay.

If you have a non-refundable room and they are not open at the date of the booking they have to refund you.

In the OPs scenario of the hotel at a date in the future being open but the event cancelled so the OP having no use for the booking then an option to rebook is already above and beyond the terms and conditions. I cant see how anyone would get a refund on a non-refundable room in those circumstances and I'm not sure why anyone would expect one. It's not travelodge's problem that clubs aren't open

"If you have a non-refundable room and they are not open at the date of the booking they have to refund you.

In the OPs scenario of the hotel at a date in the future being open but the event cancelled so the OP having no use for the booking then an option to rebook is already above and beyond the terms and conditions. I cant see how anyone would get a refund on a non-refundable room in those circumstances and I'm not sure why anyone would expect one. It's not travelodge's problem that clubs aren't open

"

You are right, I completely get this, and if it was one or 2 bookings I would just let it go. But it's 8 and s lot of money to lose.

I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if any can be refunded.

Thanks everyone.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

"Thanks guys.

If you paid via a credit card. Take it up with your credit card provider.

You can process a refund via section 75. Simply, this makes the the credit card provided liable as much as the retailer for your good/service.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I work in hotel Management, but we are closed at present.

Some hotels are open but as stated before, for key workers only.

As for the rest of the Industry, it's anticipated we COULD reopen from July 4th.

But that's not a definite date. There will be rules to meet before we do so.

We have seen advance draft plans of what these will entail and they're tough.

They're extensive to say the least. But all hotels, whether group owned or independent will have to weigh up how they proceed.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If they are unable to provide the service they contractually agreed to, they must refund.

If the bookings are when the hotel is open, which they don't know about yet, I would try to think about what they probably will not be able to provide due to the virus restrictions, that I would insist that I needed. This would again make it impossible for them to guarantee provision of that service.

Perhaps it's easier trying to approach each booking refunding separately. If a weddings cancelled, for example, there wouldn't be a need for you to stay.

» Add a new message to this topic