FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > who Thinks Lockdown is Being Removed Too Fast

who Thinks Lockdown is Being Removed Too Fast

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right we have a "r" rate that they are admitting is 0.9 which if they aren't speaking in their usual forked tongues is still high. So what have we....6 people from 6 different households can now meet together....big jump for me.

Dentist opening in around a weeks time to do drilling work...though this will have a very high rate of passing on the virus transmission. No ppe for the dentists to do this.

I think most agree on here the lockdown was at least 2 weeks too late.

So will we be saying in 6 weeks time this releasing was too early with th "r"rate we have.

Your thoughts?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Nope.

We've all been meeting with more than 6 people at a time everytime we go shopping etc.

Dentists work with PPE 24/7. If a Dentist didn't have PPE they simply wouldn't be doing surgery.

6 People from 6 different households? Nope. 6 People Max.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

"Right we have a "r" rate that they are admitting is 0.9 which if they aren't speaking in their usual forked tongues is still high. So what have we....6 people from 6 different households can now meet together....big jump for me.

Dentist opening in around a weeks time to do drilling work...though this will have a very high rate of passing on the virus transmission. No ppe for the dentists to do this.

So will we be saying in 6 weeks time this releasing was too early with th "r"rate we have.

Your thoughts?"

Actually they said the "r" rate is at different rates in the country.

The highest being 0.9.

They also said if there is a breakout in a certain area they will look at locking it down.

If you do meet people from other households maintain your social distance.

And as for dentists you already said yesterday on another thread you hope yours open soon so you should be happy!

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

Lockdown was never to stop the disease, It was to control the rate of infection to a level that the government was comfortable with.

"Lockdown was never to stop the disease, It was to control the rate of infection to a level that the government was comfortable with."

I think it was because they wanted the NHS to be able to cope with it.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

Definitely time to relax lockdown, the memes and clips being sent out on WhatsApp are getting really poor now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How would transfer from sterilised equipment give a high rate of infection..? Your assuming that the dentist is using the same tools on the different people..this would of spread many infections pre covid 19.....did we see this no..most dentists theatres/surgeries are very sterile and highly sanitised work places due to this..the only issue is that dentists and nursing staff will be at a very high risk if they dont wear protection....any sensible and most are and will ensure their own safety and think they know the risks...

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

As someone said above it’s to carefully control the NHS response. People can’t realistically live this way forever.

It’s almost like a callous shift system of who will be affected. Now it’s the turn of the next wave. So all the vulnerable and shielded people will be naturally very worried.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Not fast enough, we need to get back to normal ASAP. I think the R number is probably lower than they are letting on or they wouldn't have done the latest, they will keep saying that the R number is 0.9 to try to keep a bit of fear and control, all helped along by the puppet media of course, who have today, imagine my supprise are in full on fearmongering mode.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

dont know what dentist u visit but y dentist has used facemask visor and gloves for the last ten years at least.

"Nope.

We've all been meeting with more than 6 people at a time everytime we go shopping etc.

Dentists work with PPE 24/7. If a Dentist didn't have PPE they simply wouldn't be doing surgery."

They have paper masks...FFP2 masks are of no use to then even. They need FFP3 masks due to the aerosolated mist that drilling causes. Believe me I need a front filling but this has stopped due to the high risk it causes...

"How would transfer from sterilised equipment give a high rate of infection..? Your assuming that the dentist is using the same tools on the different people..this would of spread many infections pre covid 19.....did we see this no..most dentists theatres/surgeries are very sterile and highly sanitised work places due to this..the only issue is that dentists and nursing staff will be at a very high risk if they dont wear protection....any sensible and most are and will ensure their own safety and think they know the risks..."

See my last post

"dont know what dentist u visit but y dentist has used facemask visor and gloves for the last ten years at least."

Not FFP3...ever.. and that is...what they need

"Lockdown was never to stop the disease, It was to control the rate of infection to a level that the government was comfortable with."

So give it six weeks and we are back into it...

You are going to the wrong dentist then - mine uses Level 3 and always has.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"How would transfer from sterilised equipment give a high rate of infection..? Your assuming that the dentist is using the same tools on the different people..this would of spread many infections pre covid 19.....did we see this no..most dentists theatres/surgeries are very sterile and highly sanitised work places due to this..the only issue is that dentists and nursing staff will be at a very high risk if they dont wear protection....any sensible and most are and will ensure their own safety and think they know the risks..."

My dental hygienist phoned to cancel my appointment in March. The reason she said was because of the drills etc that they use, have to be cooled with water ,as you know, that water sprays out of our mouths into the atmosphere, potentially carry the virus. That's why they can only do extractions.

In addition my Dentist has always worn goggles and put goggles on me for examination.

"You are going to the wrong dentist then - mine uses Level 3 and always has."

FFP3?

Never seen one use one yet...and one dentist has confirmed the same on tv less the a hour ago.

Cant wait to meet up with some friends.

"Nope.

Dentists work with PPE 24/7. If a Dentist didn't have PPE they simply wouldn't be doing surgery.

"

You have socially distanced now for months. You’ve washed hands Regularly. Never left the house and done all food shopping online. Your friend/ family member has also done same. You can trust each other and know both fine. In fact I’ll go one further and say you’ve both need tested and it’s negative. Yet according to the rules you cannot meet. However in London on the tube you can press into a packed train with complete and utter strangers. So is lockdown being lifted too fast? Well no if you are sensible and continue to take the exact same precautions as you have done. Don’t put yourself into crowds and blame the crowd

"You are going to the wrong dentist then - mine uses Level 3 and always has.

FFP3?

Never seen one use one yet...and one dentist has confirmed the same on tv less the a hour ago."

Just said mine uses Level 3 and wears goggles for examinations in addition he has always placed goggles on me (and his assistant too).

"In addition my Dentist has always worn goggles and put goggles on me for examination.

"

Yep to stoptooth fragment getting in your eyes....not for a virus.

"Cant wait to meet up with some friends. "
#cans

"In addition my Dentist has always worn goggles and put goggles on me for examination.

Yep to stoptooth fragment getting in your eyes....not for a virus."

Which would alsop stop virus eye infection.

Which would alsop stop virus eye infection."

No it wont

Which would alsop stop virus eye infection.

No it wont"

So plastic goggles won't stop a virus eye infection? errr okay.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

"Lockdown was never to stop the disease, It was to control the rate of infection to a level that the government was comfortable with.

I think it was because they wanted the NHS to be able to cope with it."

Yes and to limit numbers of deaths of those at risk , that’s still a challenge, they can’t safely fully integrate until a vaccine is available

"You are going to the wrong dentist then - mine uses Level 3 and always has."

Same here, ours has always had a list of the ppe worn by all staff on the waiting room wall. I've not seen a dentist wear a paper mask for about 20 years.

FFP3?

Never seen one use one yet...and one dentist has confirmed the same on tv less the a hour ago.

Just said mine uses Level 3 and wears goggles for examinations in addition he has always placed goggles on me (and his assistant too). "

And I told you I've seen dentists this morning saying the dont use then...so I'll believe you and say the dentist was lying eh

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Just had a dentist on five live saying they have been asking for weeks for the highest level of ppe specifically for drilling as that's the biggest risk to them with the spray etc..

Still no joy and that's the same with many of his colleagues..

FFP3?

Just said mine uses Level 3 and wears goggles for examinations in addition he has always placed goggles on me (and his assistant too).

And I told you I've seen dentists this morning saying the dont use then...so I'll believe you and say the dentist was lying eh "

You can believe who you want. But my dentist uses level 3 masks always has and plastic googles.

Read above others have the same experience.

It never was highly infectious anyway people the government have been having a right laugh at is, why did you think Ferguson let his lover come over, if it was that bad he wouldn't of took a chance. So he can have fun but we can't.

Anyway look at official government website states 19th March was downgraded as not highly infectious

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

"Just had a dentist on five live saying they have been asking for weeks for the highest level of ppe specifically for drilling as that's the biggest risk to them with the spray etc..

Still no joy and that's the same with many of his colleagues.. "

At last some common sense has arrived

"It never was highly infectious anyway people the government have been having a right laugh at is, why did you think Ferguson let his lover come over, if it was that bad he wouldn't of took a chance. So he can have fun but we can't.

Anyway look at official government website states 19th March was downgraded as not highly infectious

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid"

March? It's May the 29th.

"Just had a dentist on five live saying they have been asking for weeks for the highest level of ppe specifically for drilling as that's the biggest risk to them with the spray etc..

At last some common sense has arrived "

Doesn't change the fact that my Dentist use level 3 and Goggles.

"Cant wait to meet up with some friends. #cans"

When the takeover is complete.

Otherwise I am a rum drinker.

in Lancashire

At last some common sense has arrived "

As someone who has been putting the temporary filling stuff in for the last six weeks I am keen to have my March appointment soonest, now back to July though..

"

Only got the word of a stranger on that though eh

It's nothing to do with a virus its about imposing control over the general population of the works like China, to tag and trace you and force the vaccine with god knows what's in it. I wouldn't want that Bill Gates shit in me and I'm not installing no app

in Lancashire

"

At the moment mine could wear a full hazmat suit and I would be chuffed..

Only got the word of a stranger on that though eh "

I'd rather believe me and my dentist

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Which would alsop stop virus eye infection."

Same with mine - any kind of surgery & they use a full visor or goggles.

The OP is also assuming that dentists will start doing fillings straight away. They may open for check ups & minor procedures only & leave anything invasive until they have got into a routine they are comfortable with.

They are opening ‘with all appropriate safety precautions in place’

So if they feel it’s not safe to do fillings, they won’t do them.

Credit them with a little intelligence, OP!

As someone who has been putting the temporary filling stuff in for the last six weeks I am keen to have my March appointment soonest, now back to July though.. "

I'm in the same boat...but I want to go back when it's safe to do so

"

Credit them with a little intelligence, OP! "

Can't imagine it for a second ro do surgery improperly kitted out.

in Lancashire

As someone who has been putting the temporary filling stuff in for the last six weeks I am keen to have my March appointment soonest, now back to July though..

I'm in the same boat...but I want to go back when it's safe to do so "

True..

First World problem..

chelmsford

"How would transfer from sterilised equipment give a high rate of infection..? Your assuming that the dentist is using the same tools on the different people..this would of spread many infections pre covid 19.....did we see this no..most dentists theatres/surgeries are very sterile and highly sanitised work places due to this..the only issue is that dentists and nursing staff will be at a very high risk if they dont wear protection....any sensible and most are and will ensure their own safety and think they know the risks...

My dental hygienist phoned to cancel my appointment in March. The reason she said was because of the drills etc that they use, have to be cooled with water ,as you know, that water sprays out of our mouths into the atmosphere, potentially carry the virus. That's why they can only do extractions."

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient

It should still be there abit longer, but it is important to rationalise fear and not buy into the paranoia of it.

"

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient "

Just like they do in theatre. Extraordinary times means doing things to a higher level than before. Nobody wopuld expect less - including the Dentist.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

FFP3?

And I told you I've seen dentists this morning saying the dont use then...so I'll believe you and say the dentist was lying eh

You can believe who you want. But my dentist uses level 3 masks always has and plastic googles.

"

Presumably these are private consultations rather than NHS ones?

chelmsford

"

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient

Just like they do in theatre. Extraordinary times means doing things to a higher level than before. Nobody wopuld expect less - including the Dentist.

"

Dentists don't do a deep clean of their surgery after each patient though

"

Dentists don't do a deep clean of their surgery after each patient though"

Which is why I said:

'Just like they do in theatre. Extraordinary times means doing things to a higher level than before. Nobody would expect less - including the Dentist.'

chelmsford

"

Which is why I said:

'Just like they do in theatre. Extraordinary times means doing things to a higher level than before. Nobody would expect less - including the Dentist.'"

My point is they can't possibly do a deep clean after every patient

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Surely the difference is between nhs and private dentists regarding level of ppe available.

My private practice dentists and assistants all used level 3 masks, glasses and a face shield before coronavirus but obviously they can purchase them and don't have to wait for stocks to be distributed

"

Which is why I said:

'Just like they do in theatre. Extraordinary times means doing things to a higher level than before. Nobody would expect less - including the Dentist.'

My point is they can't possibly do a deep clean after every patient "

I'm guessing that they will have to however.

"Surely the difference is between nhs and private dentists regarding level of ppe available.

My private practice dentists and assistants all used level 3 masks, glasses and a face shield before coronavirus but obviously they can purchase them and don't have to wait for stocks to be distributed "

Most Dentists are Private and they do NHS work at rates set by the DoH.

"dont know what dentist u visit but y dentist has used facemask visor and gloves for the last ten years at least.

Not FFP3...ever.. and that is...what they need"

My dentist has always used a full plastic face shield with a mask under it. Gloves apron all standard there.

It about time GP started f2f appointments too.

Having to get my work mates to take my bloods (nurses) to then have the results sent to the gp, at my gp request is ridicules.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"How would transfer from sterilised equipment give a high rate of infection..? Your assuming that the dentist is using the same tools on the different people..this would of spread many infections pre covid 19.....did we see this no..most dentists theatres/surgeries are very sterile and highly sanitised work places due to this..the only issue is that dentists and nursing staff will be at a very high risk if they dont wear protection....any sensible and most are and will ensure their own safety and think they know the risks...

My dental hygienist phoned to cancel my appointment in March. The reason she said was because of the drills etc that they use, have to be cooled with water ,as you know, that water sprays out of our mouths into the atmosphere, potentially carry the virus. That's why they can only do extractions.

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient "

Assuming you don't intend to lick the floor, shelves or dentist, why is necessary to do more than clean the instruments and change the ppe?

Wasn't strict enough in the first place and now being lifted too quickly - consistent failure at both ends*

*not the first time I've heard that phrase...

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"Right we have a "r" rate that they are admitting is 0.9 which if they aren't speaking in their usual forked tongues is still high. So what have we....6 people from 6 different households can now meet together....big jump for me.

Your thoughts?"

Personaly too soon, September would have been safer.

But as the general concensus says start now fair enough, if some people feel lucky not to catch and spread that's up to them. I don't feel lucky.

It is far too soon and a measure to placate us minions over the Cummings shitstorm, aswell as another move to get the herd immunity they wanted in the first place. Alongside sending very young children that can't keep away from anything they are told to, back to school, instead of the older, more trustworthy ones to whom school attendance is more important.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

nope, bit by bit like all the other countries seems to be working for them.

"

Yep it's a lot to do in little over a week...all seems to point to leaving DC alone .. .with little regard to social safety

Your thoughts?

But as the general concensus says start now fair enough, if some people feel lucky not to catch and spread that's up to them. I don't feel lucky.

"

I'm with you on this one

Your thoughts?

"

I feel lucky.

Considering I have already had it.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"Lockdown was never to stop the disease, It was to control the rate of infection to a level that the government was comfortable with.

So give it six weeks and we are back into it..."

its already spiking

new surge in cases in London and elsewhere

Talking to my doctor in hospital today and she thinks the 2nd wave will be in October and much bigger than the first!!!!

T

Your thoughts?

I feel lucky.

Considering I have already had it. "

Your right your lucky to be here still telling us you've had it

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

FFP3?

Never seen one use one yet...and one dentist has confirmed the same on tv less the a hour ago."

Can't remember my old NHS dentist being too fussy with masks/goggles etc, but my private dentist always has.

I also wondered how much aerosol actually leaves the mouth (I guess it depends on which you is being drilled) as my dentist always has one or two vacuum tube things in my mouth as well so I guess a fair proportion of aerosol would be taken that way.

chelmsford

"

Which is why I said:

My point is they can't possibly do a deep clean after every patient

I'm guessing that they will have to however."

They won't be making much out of my £80 after they have employed a professional cleaner and closed the room for however long it takes, it just won't be financially viable. I will find out soon.

Your thoughts?

I feel lucky.

Your right your lucky to be here still telling us you've had it "

Not really I look after myself and have a healthy lifestyle .

So no luck involved really

chelmsford

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient Assuming you don't intend to lick the floor, shelves or dentist, why is necessary to do more than clean the instruments and change the ppe?"

No I don't intend to do that

The spray will travel everywhere especially when they do the sylk treatment.

Never read so much nonsense.

So other countries can come out of lockdown and manage just fine but the UK cant?

chelmsford

"

Yep it's a lot to do in little over a week...all seems to point to leaving DC alone .. .with little regard to social safety "

Your thoughts?"

Not much has changed to be honest. Still outside only/peoples gardens and have to be 2m apart. Which most do when out shopping.

As for PPE for dentists, they have always worn PPE in our dentist, granted we go private as NHS isn’t worth the wait and provides less of a service. If a dentist tried working on us without PPE we wouldn’t be using them.

chelmsford

FFP3?

Can't remember my old NHS dentist being too fussy with masks/goggles etc, but my private dentist always has.

I also wondered how much aerosol actually leaves the mouth (I guess it depends on which you is being drilled) as my dentist always has one or two vacuum tube things in my mouth as well so I guess a fair proportion of aerosol would be taken that way."

My hygienist said that is why they are not doing the appointments, because of the amount of aerosol that goes into the air, she's the expert

Too slow

chelmsford

"Never read so much nonsense.

So other countries can come out of lockdown and manage just fine but the UK cant? "

We are talking about the UK here. Plenty of people not social distancing. London tubes are a big issue. Over crowded beaches, in the last couple of weeks..etc etc...

So other countries can come out of lockdown and manage just fine but the UK cant? ,

We are talking about the UK here. Plenty of people not social distancing. London tubes are a big issue. Over crowded beaches, in the last couple of weeks..etc etc... "

And you think that’s different from any other country? The very same thing is happening in Spain. Has been for a month and yesterday Spain had one death from COVID.

The Uk went into lockdown a week after Spain. So to say lockdown is ending too soon in the Uk is just nonsense. The World is staring to wake up and move on and be positive. How about we all stop with the negative posts and start looking forward

chelmsford

So other countries can come out of lockdown and manage just fine but the UK cant? ,

We are talking about the UK here. Plenty of people not social distancing. London tubes are a big issue. Over crowded beaches, in the last couple of weeks..etc etc...

And you think that’s different from any other country? The very same thing is happening in Spain. Has been for a month and yesterday Spain had one death from COVID.

The Uk went into lockdown a week after Spain. So to say lockdown is ending too soon in the Uk is just nonsense. The World is staring to wake up and move on and be positive. How about we all stop with the negative posts and start looking forward "

No I didn't say lockdown was ending too soon, but we're not as well behaved as you people in Gran Canaria, which is why you have done so well and we havent,37k + deaths, we got something wrong

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Your thoughts?

I feel lucky.

Your right your lucky to be here still telling us you've had it "

And there we have the problem in a nutshell, telling an athletic 51 year old he is lucky not have died from Covid. That is the expected outcome for him. Somehow the media have persuaded people that catching it will probably kill you.

People all over Spain are not doing the whole 2m SD. That’s my point as why do some people like to decry the Uk when other countries are doing just fine. Also the whole point of this thread is to moan and cry about the lockdown ending and people not doing SD.

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient Assuming you don't intend to lick the floor, shelves or dentist, why is necessary to do more than clean the instruments and change the ppe?

"

Sami you know some engage fingers before.....

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

So other countries can come out of lockdown and manage just fine but the UK cant? "

exactly.

"And there we have the problem in a nutshell, telling an athletic 51 year old he is lucky not have died from Covid. That is the expected outcome for him. Somehow the media have persuaded people that catching it will probably kill you."

The Media have a lot to answer for. Sadly far too many people believe everything they read (as long as it fits there political view) on fab

Have you checked the infection rate and what the current death rate was of these other countries..when they came out of it? Because ours is still bloody high

So other countries can come out of lockdown and manage just fine but the UK cant?

Have you checked the infection rate and what the current death rate was of these other countries..when they came out of it? Because ours is still bloody high "

Yes I have, even more so the many countries that never even had a lockdown.

I take it you never.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

That will be the temporary lockdown 'to flatten the curve' to stop the NHS being over run whilst ICU capacity was nowhere near capacity across the UK?

The lockdown that is now causing thousands of collateral deaths, increasing child abuse and domestic violence.

The lockdown that disproportionately breaches various rights of individuals and businesses contrary to the Human Rights Act 1998 and which is now subject to a legal challenge on that basis.

Still waiting for someone to tell me why they have never demanded restricting a whole population and crashing the economy to save the 64,000 who die every year in the UK from air pollution (Source: the European Heart Journal).

chelmsford

"People all over Spain are not doing the whole 2m SD. That’s my point as why do some people like to decry the Uk when other countries are doing just fine. Also the whole point of this thread is to moan and cry about the lockdown ending and people not doing SD.

"

Are you all strictly doing the 2m SD in GC, as a matter of interest? I'm happy for us to come out of lockdown, I don't need to be anywhere, so I'll watch and see what happens. As others have said, the lockdown was so that the nhs could cope and they are

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

If they don't get the bars open fast and quit the SD fearmongering, they will have a mass exodus in July as soon as Spain and Greece open, Greece are making a play for UK visitors,it was on the news.

chelmsford

"If they don't get the bars open fast and quit the SD fearmongering, they will have a mass exodus in July as soon as Spain and Greece open, Greece are making a play for UK visitors,it was on the news. "

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"That will be the temporary lockdown 'to flatten the curve' to stop the NHS being over run whilst ICU capacity was nowhere near capacity across the UK?

The lockdown that is now causing thousands of collateral deaths, increasing child abuse and domestic violence.

The lockdown that disproportionately breaches various rights of individuals and businesses contrary to the Human Rights Act 1998 and which is now subject to a legal challenge on that basis.

Still waiting for someone to tell me why they have never demanded restricting a whole population and crashing the economy to save the 64,000 who die every year in the UK from air pollution (Source: the European Heart Journal)."

Because that doesn’t overrun the NHS.

The main point of lockdown was to ensure the NHS could cope without being overrun like Italy. Which has worked. Now they are lifting measures gradually so it’s easier to throw it into reverse if needs be, either nationally or in localised regions.

I’ve carried on working through this, very little has changed for me other than my social life. I’ve taken sensible precautions without allowing paranoia to take over & I've been fine. People I work with have had it & it’s not spread round the office.

So for me, we are well overdue some lifting of restrictions, although I’ve got very used to an easy commute each day! As long as people continue to be sensible, it should be successful transition!

"And there we have the problem in a nutshell, telling an athletic 51 year old he is lucky not have died from Covid. That is the expected outcome for him. Somehow the media have persuaded people that catching it will probably kill you.

The Media have a lot to answer for. Sadly far too many people believe everything they read (as long as it fits there political view) on fab "

True

But then some people like light in there lives

Others just like to wallow in the darkness and tell us we are all doomed.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

The backlash against our freedoms being slowly returned, confused me.

They locked us down so much quicker than they are releasing the restrictions.

Bojo stood there and told us we had to protect the NHS and that we would loose people we love and care about, weeks ago. People seemed to accept that at the time.

People now beginning to complain because the lockdown worked?

There were zero unpreventable deaths because the NHS was not overwhelmed. It never came even close. (I personally feel care homes actually were potentially preventable)

We did as asked and now that the new purpose built hospitals stand virtually empty and we can begin to return to living, there's uproar??

borehamwood

"dont know what dentist u visit but y dentist has used facemask visor and gloves for the last ten years at least.

Not FFP3...ever.. and that is...what they need"

well pretty sure dentists knie the risks so i imagine they wont be opening there surgerys till they have what they need in place.also think a lit will only be seeing private to start with instead of nhs.the amount of peeps they gona be able to see in a day im sure they gona be seeing the ones that makes em the most money

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 29/05/20 14:49:17]

chelmsford

well pretty sure dentists knie the risks so i imagine they wont be opening there surgerys till they have what they need in place.also think a lit will only be seeing private to start with instead of nhs.the amount of peeps they gona be able to see in a day im sure they gona be seeing the ones that makes em the most money"

Yep

borehamwood

FFP3?

wow how many dentists do u use? i been using my one fir 20yrs at least yet you seem to know what every dentist uses

From my last post I meant their lives.

Before the grammar police arrive

borehamwood

FFP3?

Presumably these are private consultations rather than NHS ones?"

my dentist is nhs and is always masked and visored up

I'm glad the restrictions are lifting. I know many people who are anxious by it, but hopefully will come to terms with it.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"And there we have the problem in a nutshell, telling an athletic 51 year old he is lucky not have died from Covid. That is the expected outcome for him. Somehow the media have persuaded people that catching it will probably kill you.

The Media have a lot to answer for. Sadly far too many people believe everything they read (as long as it fits there political view) on fab "

It isn't a political view that 40,000 people have died in the UK in the last three months due to covid.

If a similar number had died in plane crashes there'd understandably be some reluctance around taking up flying again.

chelmsford

Just to add, that spray will land on surfaces and instruments in the surgery and on their clothes. They would have to do a deep clean and change their clothes after each patient Assuming you don't intend to lick the floor, shelves or dentist, why is necessary to do more than clean the instruments and change the ppe?

Sami you know some engage fingers before..... "

Yes I know ...

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

For schools, a lot of experts and scientists say we should wait at least another two weeks. I tend to agree with them. We still don’t even have a trace and track system. These clowns have messed everything up since the start of the pandemic. They keep whingeing that the media are too negative but what positives do they want the media to report on:

Lockdown starting too late, PPE, shambolic testing, the app disaster, care homes, the highest number of deaths in Europe, the absence of the clown in chief in the Cobra meetings, refusal to publish evidence from SAGE, patients being moved from hospitals to care homes without being tested, the Cummings trips?

What is that they want the press to be positive about? Apart from the nightingales, I’m struggling.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Just because it’s being lifted does not mean you have to go shopping and have people over for a bbq ... you are just as able to stay at home and cower in you bubble of safety.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Yes, lockdown was compulsory, freedom is optional

"Yes, lockdown was compulsory, freedom is optional"

"For schools, a lot of experts and scientists say we should wait at least another two weeks. I tend to agree with them. We still don’t even have a trace and track system. These clowns have messed everything up since the start of the pandemic. They keep whingeing that the media are too negative but what positives do they want the media to report on:

Lockdown starting too late, PPE, shambolic testing, the app disaster, care homes, the highest number of deaths in Europe, the absence of the clown in chief in the Cobra meetings, refusal to publish evidence from SAGE, patients being moved from hospitals to care homes without being tested, the Cummings trips?

What is that they want the press to be positive about? Apart from the nightingales, I’m struggling. "

Positive - how about the billions paying people to isolate and keeping companies afloat, see good things if you look.

Yes but if it doesn't it's probably going to cause more people to crack up. Personally it's been really getting me down because I can't work from home to pass the time, I haven't had any money coming in for I dersay 3 months or so and I have no friends who live nearby or nowhere nice to go for a walk. No wonder people people commit suicide.

"

Dentists don't do a deep clean of their surgery after each patient though"

They need shower curtains round the chair not so keen on the idea of all that spray everywhere even in normal times

I think it was because they wanted the NHS to be able to cope with it."

This x

"Yes but if it doesn't it's probably going to cause more people to crack up. Personally it's been really getting me down because I can't work from home to pass the time, I haven't had any money coming in for I dersay 3 months or so and I have no friends who live nearby or nowhere nice to go for a walk. No wonder people people commit suicide. "

Hang in there mate .

The lockdown will over soon enough.

People are just coming out of it on their own accord to be honest.

Absolutely not. More deaths have occurred since lockdown began. Too many contradictory stats. Seriously beginning to think its nowhere near as bad as they make out. Before you start abusing me for saying. I do believe it's been particularly bad for certain people. However, the majority of people, aren't effected to badly. I had exactly the same symptoms whilst on a job in Manchester in November. Unpleasant, but pretty much felt like a nasty flu bug.

Doesn't mean I had it of course.

It's weird because, the more people infected, the lower the mortality rate. However. This country has been shite with its testing. We are still the only country (I think), without a recovery rate.

"Yes but if it doesn't it's probably going to cause more people to crack up. Personally it's been really getting me down because I can't work from home to pass the time, I haven't had any money coming in for I dersay 3 months or so and I have no friends who live nearby or nowhere nice to go for a walk. No wonder people people commit suicide.

Hang in there mate .

People are just coming out of it on their own accord to be honest."

Yeah but I somtimes think it would of been better if the people at risk isolated from the start and the rest of us got on with out lives.

Maybe more people would of died with the coronavirus then, but I imagine many have died because of depression and a lot of businesses are finished now.

chelmsford

"

They need shower curtains round the chair not so keen on the idea of all that spray everywhere even in normal times"

That's a brilliant idea!

chelmsford

"Yes but if it doesn't it's probably going to cause more people to crack up. Personally it's been really getting me down because I can't work from home to pass the time, I haven't had any money coming in for I dersay 3 months or so and I have no friends who live nearby or nowhere nice to go for a walk. No wonder people people commit suicide. "

Very difficult times for many, I hope things pick up for you and you can get back to work soon.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Absolutely not. More deaths have occurred since lockdown began. Too many contradictory stats. Seriously beginning to think its nowhere near as bad as they make out. Before you start abusing me for saying. I do believe it's been particularly bad for certain people. However, the majority of people, aren't effected to badly. I had exactly the same symptoms whilst on a job in Manchester in November. Unpleasant, but pretty much felt like a nasty flu bug.

It's weird because, the more people infected, the lower the mortality rate. However. This country has been shite with its testing. We are still the only country (I think), without a recovery rate. "

"This country has been shite with its testing."

True, we have been less effective on that one compared to some other countries, but that can also explain why we are slower in lifting restrictions.

My step kids grandmother died last week. She was heavily obese and diabetic. She caught sepsis from a complication internally. Guess what? the numbers are simply not accurate

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Yes but if it doesn't it's probably going to cause more people to crack up. Personally it's been really getting me down because I can't work from home to pass the time, I haven't had any money coming in for I dersay 3 months or so and I have no friends who live nearby or nowhere nice to go for a walk. No wonder people people commit suicide.

Hang in there mate .

People are just coming out of it on their own accord to be honest.

Yeah but I somtimes think it would of been better if the people at risk isolated from the start and the rest of us got on with out lives.

Maybe more people would of died with the coronavirus then, but I imagine many have died because of depression and a lot of businesses are finished now. "

Those of us most at risk have isolated, on the instruction of our medical professionals and the government. It’s called shielding!

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Yes, too early.

"Yes, too early."

Why ?

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Your thoughts?

Actually they said the "r" rate is at different rates in the country.

The highest being 0.9.

They also said if there is a breakout in a certain area they will look at locking it down.

If you do meet people from other households maintain your social distance.

And as for dentists you already said yesterday on another thread you hope yours open soon so you should be happy!"

1.1 in Havering today

South

"Yes, too early."

I agree

South

"Yes, too early.

Why ?"

You didn’t ask me but ... the trace and test isn’t robust or embedded. The r rates across the country are higher than one in lots of areas. Death rate last wed and Thursday was lower than this Wednesday and Thursday. ... there’s a start

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

You didn’t ask me but ... the trace and test isn’t robust or embedded. The r rates across the country are higher than one in lots of areas. Death rate last wed and Thursday was lower than this Wednesday and Thursday. ... there’s a start "

Like you said I did not ask you

South

"Absolutely not. More deaths have occurred since lockdown began. Too many contradictory stats. Seriously beginning to think its nowhere near as bad as they make out. Before you start abusing me for saying. I do believe it's been particularly bad for certain people. However, the majority of people, aren't effected to badly. I had exactly the same symptoms whilst on a job in Manchester in November. Unpleasant, but pretty much felt like a nasty flu bug.

It's weird because, the more people infected, the lower the mortality rate. However. This country has been shite with its testing. We are still the only country (I think), without a recovery rate. "

You need to look at excess deaths ... 4507 last week excess deaths. Remove the cause of death controversies for a moment and look at that. That tells you all you need to know....

South

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

You didn’t ask me but ... the trace and test isn’t robust or embedded. The r rates across the country are higher than one in lots of areas. Death rate last wed and Thursday was lower than this Wednesday and Thursday. ... there’s a start

Like you said I did not ask you "

Hahaha didn’t like my answer then?

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

Hahaha didn’t like my answer then? "

When I want your opinion I will ask for it

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Your thoughts?"

My dentist always uses ppe

South

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

When I want your opinion I will ask for it "

I don’t need you to ask for my opinion in any way shape or form. This is a public forum and I tend not to do as random men on the internet tell me.

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

I don’t need you to ask for my opinion in any way shape or form. This is a public forum and I tend not to do as random men on the internet tell me. "

Haha knew you would bite.

I was only having a laugh that's why the laugh face.

Before you assume I am sexist.

I have a wife,2 daughters and 3 granddaughters.

But really I asked them not you.

It did annoy me that someone answered a question that was not addressed to them.

South

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

I don’t need you to ask for my opinion in any way shape or form. This is a public forum and I tend not to do as random men on the internet tell me.

It did annoy me that someone answered a question that was not addressed to them."

.. really don’t care if it annoyed you or not tbh. I was thinking more misogyny than sexism tbh ..... tends to be implicit in older men. I make no apologies for offering an opinion that wasn’t asked for.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Your thoughts?"

Driving home from work this week seems like it already has, “ throne out of the window “.

Traffic congestion again, impatient people rushing around and groups of people everywhere.

No signs of social distancing, have even seen people standing outside pubs drinking.

Your thoughts?

Driving home from work this week seems like it already has, “ throne out of the window “.

Traffic congestion again, impatient people rushing around and groups of people everywhere.

No signs of social distancing, have even seen people standing outside pubs drinking."

I have noticed much more traffic on the roads to and from work all week.

"Yes, too early.

Why ?

It did annoy me that someone answered a question that was not addressed to them.

.. really don’t care if it annoyed you or not tbh. I was thinking more misogyny than sexism tbh ..... tends to be implicit in older men. I make no apologies for offering an opinion that wasn’t asked for. "

Such a charming lady

"It never was highly infectious anyway people the government have been having a right laugh at is, why did you think Ferguson let his lover come over, if it was that bad he wouldn't of took a chance. So he can have fun but we can't.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid"

"That will be the temporary lockdown 'to flatten the curve' to stop the NHS being over run whilst ICU capacity was nowhere near capacity across the UK?

Still waiting for someone to tell me why they have never demanded restricting a whole population and crashing the economy to save the 64,000 who die every year in the UK from air pollution (Source: the European Heart Journal)."

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Stay at home, save the NHS (because we know it's a shambles) save lives (didn't happen)

So we've all done that, see the plethora of tik tok vids on the net of overstretched NHS workers..

We've loads of ppe (one of the five tests)

Back to normal now, there won't be a second wave.

Hiding behind a R value is nonsense. Keep health care workers in isolation at work with the currently sick. 6 weeks later.. Virus gone

"The backlash against our freedoms being slowly returned, confused me.

They locked us down so much quicker than they are releasing the restrictions.

Bojo stood there and told us we had to protect the NHS and that we would loose people we love and care about, weeks ooago. People seemed to accept that at the time.

People now beginning to complain because the lockdown worked?

There were zero unpreventable deaths because the NHS was not overwhelmed. It never came even close. (I personally feel care homes actually were potentially preventable)

We did as asked and now that the new purpose built hospitals stand virtually empty and we can begin to return to living, there's uproar??

"

Hard to know really, I don't know anyone who has had it.. all I know is I want some normality..

"

I have noticed much more traffic on the roads to and from work all week."

Not surprising really, many more people are back at work.

London

Your thoughts?

No signs of social distancing, have even seen people standing outside pubs drinking.

I have noticed much more traffic on the roads to and from work all week."

"I have noticed much more traffic on the roads to and from work all week."

Is that something strange or unexpected?

The government has asked people to go back to work again, and they've asked them to use their cars where possible rather than public transport.

What else were you expecting to see?

"

"

"Stay at home, save the NHS (because we know it's a shambles) save lives (didn't happen)

So we've all done that, see the plethora of tik tok vids on the net of overstretched NHS workers..

We've loads of ppe (one of the five tests)

Back to normal now, there won't be a second wave.

Hiding behind a R value is nonsense. Keep health care workers in isolation at work with the currently sick. 6 weeks later.. Virus gone "

Mm

"

"

Almost got run into by some *&^*& on the 56 today - Dash cam footage is really scary -

"

Almost got run into by some *&^*& on the 56 today - Dash cam footage is really scary - "

Aye there are some impatient t**ts out there on the roads.

Were they tailgating.

Please get in touch with someone re your mental health. You keep alluding to it on different threads, please seek help.

"

Almost got run into by some *&^*& on the 56 today - Dash cam footage is really scary -

Were they tailgating. "

Overtaking - and coming in way too early.

"

Were they tailgating.

Overtaking - and coming in way too early."

Yep hate it.

Wigan

Drive or take a bus to somewhere scenic with a flask and some lunch, a pad and some pencils or pens..

Sit somewhere quiet and write what you see or draw or paint it..

It'll empty your head for a while and you may enjoy it.

Seek out some help on your return home..

No one should feel suicidal because of restrictions forced upon them

Wigan

Drive or take a bus to somewhere scenic with a flask and some lunch, a pad and some pencils or pens..

Sit somewhere quiet and write what you see or draw or paint it..

It'll empty your head for a while and you may enjoy it.

Seek out some help on your return home..

No one should feel suicidal because of restrictions forced upon them

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

Your thoughts?"

R is almost the same as last week, political decision, timing is poor and has been rushed through by Boris to try and divert attention away from Cummings fiasco. Prof Edmunds scientific advisor has publicly stated he disagrees and that we are still stuck at level 4 with virus still rising .

Appears Bojo the clown has decided to put peoples lives at risk. so that he can protect Cummmings.

Around here thy been meeting double that so makes no difference wat Liar politicians say

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Your thoughts?

R is almost the same as last week, political decision, timing is poor and has been rushed through by Boris to try and divert attention away from Cummings fiasco. Prof Edmunds scientific advisor has publicly stated he disagrees and that we are still stuck at level 4 with virus still rising .

Appears Bojo the clown has decided to put peoples lives at risk. so that he can protect Cummmings."

So if the R rate is the same as last week how come the virus "still rising" ? It was 0.7-0.9 was it ?

Your thoughts?

Appears Bojo the clown has decided to put peoples lives at risk. so that he can protect Cummmings.

So if the R rate is the same as last week how come the virus "still rising" ? It was 0.7-0.9 was it ?"

Just nod and smile .

It seems to pacify them

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

All depends on what lies and propaganda we've been fed.

The Government go to great lengths to quote that they are following the scientific advice given by SAGE

RELEASED MINUTES OF SAGE MEETINGS

On April 21, members of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) concluded that the public should be advised to wear coverings where social distancing isn't possible.

However, ministers in England did not issue the advice until May 11.

Why delay for 20 days

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It seems a little poorly managed, to put it mildly. We're only just starting to get an understanding of impact here. It would have been better waiting until the full SAGE team advice as well as random testing over time, to monitor the R level. We're now likely to be pushing a symptomatic people into wider contact with others.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Your thoughts?

So if the R rate is the same as last week how come the virus "still rising" ? It was 0.7-0.9 was it ?

Just nod and smile .

It seems to pacify them "

Said which one of - Private, Kowalski, Skipper and Rico?

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Your thoughts?"

If we end lockdown sooner, in six months we'll have people whining that we ended it too soon and it should have gone on longer. If we stay locked down for longer, we'll have people whining we should have ended it sooner. All will produce figures citing why they're right, and evidence that shows we are best/worst in the world and would have been better off if we'd done the opposite. It will be what it is. There are pros and cons to any decision, and whether we like it or not, something has to happen at some point.

...and then of course there'll be clamours for investigations into why so many temporary hospitals were set up and barely used ... probably by the same people who would be jumping up and down if they hadn't been created and there hadn't been enough capacity to look after an increased number of patients if things had been even worse (though of course it isn't over yet).

Cynical, moi...?

London

Your thoughts?

If we end lockdown sooner, in six months we'll have people whining that we ended it too soon and it should have gone on longer. If we stay locked down for longer, we'll have people whining we should have ended it sooner. All will produce figures citing why they're right, and evidence that shows we are best/worst in the world and would have been better off if we'd done the opposite. It will be what it is. There are pros and cons to any decision, and whether we like it or not, something has to happen at some point.

...and then of course there'll be clamours for investigations into why so many temporary hospitals were set up and barely used ... probably by the same people who would be jumping up and down if they hadn't been created and there hadn't been enough capacity to look after an increased number of patients if things had been even worse (though of course it isn't over yet).

Cynical, moi...? "

This

Here's my thoughts.

Professor Sir Jeremy Ferrer and Prof John Edmund's both government advisors on the sage panel. Both have said we are coming out of lockdown to fast as the infection rate is still too high.

Link to BBC article

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/risk-in-lockdown-easing-too-soon-warn-scientists/ar-BB14MXNN

So throughout all of this we are guided by the science we have been told. But it seem boris does not want to follow the science now as he wants to change the news for the benefit of himself and Dominic Cummings.

I know plenty want to get on with their lives and can understand that...but we have had a 3 months lockdown that was put in place far too late and is ending far to quickly. Not for the science...but for political reasons just to save a dictator. As that is what we have found ourselves in...a dictatorship...a unelected leader who tells boris what to do...and appoints the cabinet.

And this is in a time were the rest of the world cannot believe how bad we have done in dealing with this virus...

South

"Here's my thoughts.

Professor Sir Jeremy Ferrer and Prof John Edmund's both government advisors on the sage panel. Both have said we are coming out of lockdown to fast as the infection rate is still too high.

Link to BBC article

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/risk-in-lockdown-easing-too-soon-warn-scientists/ar-BB14MXNN

So throughout all of this we are guided by the science we have been told. But it seem boris does not want to follow the science now as he wants to change the news for the benefit of himself and Dominic Cummings.

I know plenty want to get on with their lives and can understand that...but we have had a 3 months lockdown that was put in place far too late and is ending far to quickly. Not for the science...but for political reasons just to save a dictator. As that is what we have found ourselves in...a dictatorship...a unelected leader who tells boris what to do...and appoints the cabinet.

And this is in a time were the rest of the world cannot believe how bad we have done in dealing with this virus...

"

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

The biggest thing that will help the situation us out behaviour

Social distance hygiene and thinking what’s the risk with what we do

A lot of it is common sense

Astounded how fucking thick people are

There was a phone in on radio stupid questions I kid u not

1) it’s says we can meet a max of 6 people there is 7 of us are we allowed to meet as a group of 7

No it’s 6

2)it’s said we can meet in gardens outside only if it rains can we all go inside

No it said outside

3) I’m shielding and the rules for me have not changed but can I meet 6 people in my garden

No your guidance hasn’t changed

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

My dentist has always used a full plastic face shield with a mask under it. Gloves apron all standard there.

It about time GP started f2f appointments too.

Having to get my work mates to take my bloods (nurses) to then have the results sent to the gp, at my gp request is ridicules.

"

I can't speak for all, but my staff have continued seeing f2f throughout when necessary,including essential bloods, imms,smears etc...

By *msterdam loversCouple  over a year ago

norwich

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 09:36:39]

"The biggest thing that will help the situation us out behaviour

1) it’s says we can meet a max of 6 people there is 7 of us are we allowed to meet as a group of 7

No it’s 6

2)it’s said we can meet in gardens outside only if it rains can we all go inside

No it said outside

3) I’m shielding and the rules for me have not changed but can I meet 6 people in my garden

"

But in Scotland it could be 8 people...in Wales it's not specified the amount in a group just as long as it's from 2 households.

So while it's easy to pick off a few questions...I can understand a little the confusion this can cause.

Nothing has been clear in the rules from the beginning....just ask DC

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

"The biggest thing that will help the situation us out behaviour

No it’s 6

No it said outside

But in Scotland it could be 8 people...in Wales it's not specified the amount in a group just as long as it's from 2 households.

So while it's easy to pick off a few questions...I can understand a little the confusion this can cause.

Nothing has been clear in the rules from the beginning....just ask DC "

The area the are in is 6 they even said in the question the rules say 6 can we meet as a group of 7

It said very clearly outside only so why even ask if u can go inside if it rains

Yes different area have different rules but u obviously follow the one in your area the other rules in other area are irrelevant to u there is no need to be confused about that at all

People have had enough of hearing about DC and in the plus side it has highlighted what not to do

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Really not much has changed.

You still have to keep 2m away from people.

Last week you were allowed to go to the park as a household and sit and enjoy the sun, have a picnic. Oh and your friends could also been in the park (just unintentionally obviously) 2m away of course having a picnic.

This week you are allowed to go to the park as a household and sit and enjoy the sun, have a picnic. Oh and your friends can also be in the park, 2m away having a picnic. Plus now you can be in a private garden.

Changes are minor and measured.

Honestly I think the government is only allowing what people are already doing anyway.

"Really not much has changed.

Last week you were allowed to go to the park as a household and sit and enjoy the sun, have a picnic. Oh and your friends could also been in the park (just unintentionally obviously) 2m away of course having a picnic.

This week you are allowed to go to the park as a household and sit and enjoy the sun, have a picnic. Oh and your friends can also be in the park, 2m away having a picnic. Plus now you can be in a private garden.

Honestly I think the government is only allowing what people are already doing anyway."

Yes then you can go and work on a construction site with zero social distancing.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Possibly being lifted to fast at least in some areas,I feel there is an argument to do this by regions.

Living in Merseyside were we have a high rate of infection and deaths and where I live on the Wirral it is very bad so we should still be in tight lockdown for a few weeks longer although lockdown has never been tight enough I feel.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think if you live in an area basically unaffected then it feels like it's been forever in lockdown.

I'm lucky that in my local area the number of deaths is listed at 8 and that's for an extended area. My actual little bit on the map has zero.. as does 4 adjoining areas. And the others have been from care homes.

Due to that there is no one around here that really has been adversely affected.. in fact in our online community we havent yet had anyone that has tested positive. So it's easy to say no lockdown isnt to early.

Thing is.. in one way the easing is just mimicking what people tend to be doing anyway. I see many people "bumping " into family on shopping trips... and trust me even with my positive look on all of this. I start to complain that the middle of Tesco is not the time for a family reunion when I'm trying to stick to the one way system.

Or I see people chatting in small groups social distancing..

They have to open schools if they want to open shops... not sure though even I agree with there being much point for the couple of weeks that will be before the summer holidays though

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Honestly I think the government is only allowing what people are already doing anyway.

Yes then you can go and work on a construction site with zero social distancing. "

I work on construction sites, there is social distancing.

Yes then you can go and work on a construction site with zero social distancing.

I work on construction sites, there is social distancing. "

I do and we work in pairs .

Its impossible to work 2 metres apart for us.

So we have to sign a disclaimer.

Each morning.

Same as travelling to work in the van .

We have to sign a disclaimer for that too.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"I think if you live in an area basically unaffected then it feels like it's been forever in lockdown.

I'm lucky that in my local area the number of deaths is listed at 8 and that's for an extended area. My actual little bit on the map has zero.. as does 4 adjoining areas. And the others have been from care homes.

Due to that there is no one around here that really has been adversely affected.. in fact in our online community we havent yet had anyone that has tested positive. So it's easy to say no lockdown isnt to early.

Thing is.. in one way the easing is just mimicking what people tend to be doing anyway. I see many people "bumping " into family on shopping trips... and trust me even with my positive look on all of this. I start to complain that the middle of Tesco is not the time for a family reunion when I'm trying to stick to the one way system.

Or I see people chatting in small groups social distancing..

They have to open schools if they want to open shops... not sure though even I agree with there being much point for the couple of weeks that will be before the summer holidays though "

Regarding schools mine are hoping to check In with the vulnerable/dv kids that have not been attending when they could have been, the parents working from home are happy to keep their kids off for an extended time but the rest are happy to put them back into school

Honestly I think the government is only allowing what people are already doing anyway."

I think it is a lot more then just the 2m distancing you seem a little obsessed with though.

We are talking about schools being rushed back,unessential shops opening dentists being rushed to open.

All when in my area the parents of the majority are saying they wont be sending kids back to school...the scientists are saying it's too much to fast as the infection rate is still too high.

I get about the economy...but we have had 3 months of lockdown and if this is rushed then it was all for nothing.

We always hear about the science on this...well I think now is the time to listen to them and not a dictator...