FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Should it have been dealt with differently

Should it have been dealt with differently

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would it of been better if the people at risk isolated and the rest of us got on with life.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Absolutely

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We don't yet 100% know who is at risk. There are risk factors like age, race, obesity. But young healthy people are dying too.

"We don't yet 100% know who is at risk. There are risk factors like age, race, obesity. But young healthy people are dying too.

"

Hmm I wonder how many young and healthy people have died from depression since this been going on.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"We don't yet 100% know who is at risk. There are risk factors like age, race, obesity. But young healthy people are dying too.

"

Think most now know what the risk to us is and for the vast majority it’s minuscule

I read something that almost half of the people who have died were in care homes.

Hmm I wonder how many young and healthy people have died from depression since this been going on. "

I'm not sure cause of death top trumps ever serves a purpose. I'm not sure arguing that people might have killed themselves because others didn't die of Coronavirus serves any purpose other than to inadvertently suggest some lives are more valuable than others

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Would it of been better if the people at risk isolated and the rest of us got on with life.

"

Yes if we social distanced immediately to help them and locked down the care homes straight away properly.

Sweden messed up with their care homes otherwise their death total would be very different

Young, healthy people can die of this virus. I recently lost one of my friends, she was 25 and had no health issues. She caught the virus through work, her body reacted badly and now she's dead.

Her husband contacted her friends and begged us to take this virus seriously because he has witnessed first hand what it can do.

My sister possibly had the virus - she wasn't tested but had all the symptoms - and she she's also 25 with no known health issues and her chest was so bad that she really thought she was going to die.

There are high risk groups, but it can kill anyone.

Hmm I wonder how many young and healthy people have died from depression since this been going on.

I'm not sure cause of death top trumps ever serves a purpose. I'm not sure arguing that people might have killed themselves because others didn't die of Coronavirus serves any purpose other than to inadvertently suggest some lives are more valuable than others "

I don't mean people would kill themselves because of people who have died of the virus.

I think the isolation is enough to cause them to do it. It's certainly getting to me now.

I'm not sure cause of death top trumps ever serves a purpose. I'm not sure arguing that people might have killed themselves because others didn't die of Coronavirus serves any purpose other than to inadvertently suggest some lives are more valuable than others

I don't mean people would kill themselves because of people who have died of the virus.

I think the isolation is enough to cause them to do it. It's certainly getting to me now. "

The depression caused by isolation is horrendous.

Unfortunately I am a high risk group, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, as they say.

I think the isolation is enough to cause them to do it. It's certainly getting to me now. "

Didn't die*

"Would it of been better if the people at risk isolated and the rest of us got on with life.

"

You got the title right

I think the isolation is enough to cause them to do it. It's certainly getting to me now.

The depression caused by isolation is horrendous.

Unfortunately I am a high risk group, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, as they say. "

Well hopefully not for much longer

If ... Buts ...Maybe..

Its a no win situation

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"

Everyone is at risk of getting it.

Everyone can spread it,not just the at risk people.

What you appear to be saying is that even though you may carry and spread the virus,if its not likely to kill you or make you ill then you should be able to carry on as normal and fuck everyone else.

You got the title right "

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

What you appear to be saying is that even though you may carry and spread the virus,if its not likely to kill you or make you ill then you should be able to carry on as normal and fuck everyone else."

Exactly. The things is just because a lot of younger people haven't died doesn't mean they haven't been very ill. I know 2 younger people who have enough kidney and lung damage from covid to be disabled for the rest of their lives. These people don't show up on death stats, but you definitely don't want to go through what they did and have to live a totally different life.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

No because we knew nothing about the virus

Now we do

Time for back to work and get the kids into school, and cancel school holidays to let them catch up.

What you appear to be saying is that even though you may carry and spread the virus,if its not likely to kill you or make you ill then you should be able to carry on as normal and fuck everyone else."

No I think it's been all blown out of proportion. Around a 100 people in a million die.. I imagine the isolation fucks up a lot more than 100 out of a million people

Can we swap then ? I'm high risk, still working, no PPE, i will isolate and you can do my work

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

This virus is serious. They didn't lock things down near early enough anywhere. They didn't lock things down near tight enough anywhere. Their not helping the people or small business no ways near enough. And, they are opening things up way too soon. But, what do you expect from the Idiots in charge and their idiotic decisions, and the idiots who support them, and their idiotic remarks about the virus !!!

Tens of thousands of people have died needlessly because of their idiotic response to this virus !!!

They knew it was a killer, they knew it was easily transmittable, they knew it was spreading very quickly, they knew this because the medical professionals were warning them, And, they knew all this nearly two months before they did anything !!!

That is most definitely IDIOTIC !!!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"

Yes.

Hindsight is a wonderful gift

"This virus is serious. They didn't lock things down near early enough anywhere. They didn't lock things down near tight enough anywhere. Their not helping the people or small business no ways near enough. And, they are opening things up way too soon. But, what do you expect from the Idiots in charge and their idiotic decisions, and the idiots who support them, and their idiotic remarks about the virus !!!

Tens of thousands of people have died needlessly because of their idiotic response to this virus !!!

They knew it was a killer, they knew it was easily transmittable, they knew it was spreading very quickly, they knew this because the medical professionals were warning them, And, they knew all this nearly two months before they did anything !!!

That is most definitely IDIOTIC !!!

"

Who ?

Can we swap then ? I'm high risk, still working, no PPE, i will isolate and you can do my work "

If I could help you out I would. I think you would soon have enough of my life though

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

" I think it's been all blown out of proportion. Around a 100 people in a million die.. I imagine the isolation fucks up a lot more than 100 out of a million people "

Your figures are a bit out.

Last i looked there were approaching 60,000 deaths above normal for this time of year .

The population of the UK is around 67,000,000.

By your figures thats 6,700 deaths.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"

This is a new virus that caught the world on the hop.

Who in a million years could have predicted this? To begin with it was thought only old people were affected but we now know there are other characteristics to take into account.

I've not left my home since March 23. I've not seen my kids or grandkids and yes it's getting me down. But I'm looking forward to seeing them and meeting friends.

Sometimes the medicine is worst than the cure.

" I think it's been all blown out of proportion. Around a 100 people in a million die.. I imagine the isolation fucks up a lot more than 100 out of a million people

Your figures are a bit out.

Last i looked there were approaching 60,000 deaths above normal for this time of year .

The population of the UK is around 67,000,000.

By your figures thats 6,700 deaths."

And in other years before covid 19 there were probably more than that.

I was out. I saw on the news last night that the average was 121 for two countries. I'm not sure about here.

I heard one guy fell down stairs and died from the fall and because he had the virus he became another covid death statistic

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Nearly 70,000 people dead in a few months and it's been blown our of proportion?

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Thing is it’s been a total balls up from the start - a late and weak response has meant more deaths, more illness, longer lockdown, a knackered economy and no end on the horizon. We are sending kids back to school with the. R rate over 1 in lots of areas. This will go on for years due to inept management. Short sharp total severe lock down like NZ And we would all be back to normal life or something close to it by now.

"Thing is it’s been a total balls up from the start - a late and weak response has meant more deaths, more illness, longer lockdown, a knackered economy and no end on the horizon. We are sending kids back to school with the. R rate over 1 in lots of areas. This will go on for years due to inept management. Short sharp total severe lock down like NZ And we would all be back to normal life or something close to it by now. "

The virus is here until there is a vaccine .

So yes it could years but it could be 6 month.

There's been a lot of humbug spouted on this forum over last 3 month or so. People pontificate and pompously say they'd have done xy or z'd differently. At end of day we are all human beings, have different morals, different views but it's just a virus, there is no road map on how to deal with it. At end of day I will do what I think is right for me and Mrs N to get through the maze and suspect that is what 70 other million people on this planet need to do to get through it.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Thing is it’s been a total balls up from the start - a late and weak response has meant more deaths, more illness, longer lockdown, a knackered economy and no end on the horizon. We are sending kids back to school with the. R rate over 1 in lots of areas. This will go on for years due to inept management. Short millio sharp total severe lock down like NZ And we would all be back to normal life or something close to it by now. then

The virus is here until there is a vaccine .

So yes it could years but it could be 6 month."

. Fingers crossed but Then we have to trust the administering of it to 63,000,000 People

"Nearly 70,000 people dead in a few months and it's been blown our of proportion?"

Where?

It was around 38 thousand in the UK the last time I checked. Any death is tragic but just imagine how many people die of other things. If we played the numbers game with all of them we'd be afraid to do anything.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Young, healthy people can die of this virus. I recently lost one of my friends, she was 25 and had no health issues. She caught the virus through work, her body reacted badly and now she's dead.

Her husband contacted her friends and begged us to take this virus seriously because he has witnessed first hand what it can do.

My sister possibly had the virus - she wasn't tested but had all the symptoms - and she she's also 25 with no known health issues and her chest was so bad that she really thought she was going to die.

There are high risk groups, but it can kill anyone. "

According to the latest stats a quick google brings up says 175 people under 40 had died up to mid may, that works out as nearly the same number of males aged 40 who died in the same period in 2018 . I'm not saying that it easy to dismiss and death but the risk to those under 40 is tiny compared to other causes. People need to get a grip

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Nearly 70,000 people dead in a few months and it's been blown our of proportion?.

Where?

It was around 38 thousand in the UK the last time I checked. Any death is tragic but just imagine how many people die of other things. If we played the numbers game with all of them we'd be afraid to do anything. "

Apologies.

Maths was never my strong point.

"Young, healthy people can die of this virus. I recently lost one of my friends, she was 25 and had no health issues. She caught the virus through work, her body reacted badly and now she's dead.

According to the latest stats a quick google brings up says 175 people under 40 had died up to mid may, that works out as nearly the same number of males aged 40 who died in the same period in 2018 . I'm not saying that it easy to dismiss and death but the risk to those under 40 is tiny compared to other causes. People need to get a grip "

There you go

I'm scared to death of the virus and the thought of spreading it, but it's all over hyped.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"

The at risk group are on 12 week isolation as a minimum. How long would you like to keep them isolated while you enjoy life again?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"There's been a lot of humbug spouted on this forum over last 3 month or so. People pontificate and pompously say they'd have done xy or z'd differently. At end of day we are all human beings, have different morals, different views but it's just a virus, there is no road map on how to deal with it. At end of day I will do what I think is right for me and Mrs N to get through the maze and suspect that is what 70 other million people on this planet need to do to get through it."

"there is no road map on how to deal with it"

There is a road map.

Finding the right road takes time when you are facing something completely new.

That's why the restrictions are being lifted slowly and gradually, gives more time to figure out the best road forward.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

According to the latest stats a quick google brings up says 175 people under 40 had died up to mid may, that works out as nearly the same number of males aged 40 who died in the same period in 2018 . I'm not saying that it easy to dismiss and death but the risk to those under 40 is tiny compared to other causes. People need to get a grip "

Very happy for all that are under forty and don't give a shit about catching this disease. Hope that they are just as happy when the next one comes along that only kills the twenty to forty age group, and gives the oldies "just a touch of flu".

By *ete1260Man  over a year ago

Evesham

The side effects of Covid 19 can be so severe - an acquaintance took his life a couple of weeks ago - he just couldn't handle lockdown. RIP Frank.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"

Yes as soon as we know who is at risk !!

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

It should have stayed in China and every one commimg to the uk forced into 5 day isolation ti see if developed symptoms of course it should have beed delt with differently

According to the latest stats a quick google brings up says 175 people under 40 had died up to mid may, that works out as nearly the same number of males aged 40 who died in the same period in 2018 . I'm not saying that it easy to dismiss and death but the risk to those under 40 is tiny compared to other causes. People need to get a grip

Very happy for all that are under forty and don't give a shit about catching this disease. Hope that they are just as happy when the next one comes along that only kills the twenty to forty age group, and gives the oldies "just a touch of flu"."

What you don't realise is that lockdown only serves to prolong an outbreak - that was literally the intention!!! If only at risk groups locked down this would have been over with much faster and wouldn't have done such devastating damage to public health that is non COVID related and the economy.

People are dying in greater numbers of conditions other than COVID at the moment that could have lived much longer lives than the majority of people that are vulnerable to COVID.

My priority is detecting cancer early in a young person rather than giving a dementia patient a couple of extra months to live and it would be every time you give me the choice. It is absolutely preposterous to me that we as a country are doing the opposite and everyone is agreeing.

We all have to die at some point!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"

No. Luckily, you're just a bloke and you aren't in charge.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"

That was Boris's original plan,herd immunity

That's why UK has been among the worst in the world with covid deaths,because of that stupid blonde bumbling fuck that is boris

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. The virus was out in the general population, so if the known high risk groups had been isolated, the virus would have continued to be transmitted between people like the op.

Remember how at lockdown the number of infected people was doubling every 3 days or so? You can't seriously consider that if we'd have let that continue, whilst keeping the identified very high risk people isolated, that we'd be in a better place now?

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

No, the NHS would have been overwhelmed and more would have died.

The methods of dealing with it, isolation of the highly vulnerable, social distancing and increased hand hygiene are the best ways of dealing with it.

Whether we should have started with the measures earlier is a different matter, would we have stood it for so long if we had started at a lower infection and deaths point?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I see lots of numbers being thrown around without any context.

A really poor use of numbers to spin an agenda.

Also using numbers of deaths from countries that took prevention measures as an example of the virus not being that bad is basically fake news.

That's why UK has been among the worst in the world with covid deaths,because of that stupid blonde bumbling fuck that is boris"

Haha obsessed

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

That's why UK has been among the worst in the world with covid deaths,because of that stupid blonde bumbling fuck that is boris"

I see the crush you have continues

The human race will be destroyed by God on the 29/08/21 for the sins we have been doing the virus is a warning shot the only way we can save mankind / womenkind / peoplewhoaren'ttosurewhattheyarekind is to stand on door steps and clap to warn the devil off.

"No, the NHS would have been overwhelmed and more would have died.

The methods of dealing with it, isolation of the highly vulnerable, social distancing and increased hand hygiene are the best ways of dealing with it.

Whether we should have started with the measures earlier is a different matter, would we have stood it for so long if we had started at a lower infection and deaths point?"

I think that's why they waited to implement lockdown.

People are now simultaneously complaining that lockdown was too late, and complaining lockdown has gone on for too long.

Can we swap then ? I'm high risk, still working, no PPE, i will isolate and you can do my work

If I could help you out I would. I think you would soon have enough of my life though "

I doubt that, at the moment I'm living in constant fear.

Lockdown was not to stop you getting the virus, it was to slow it down so not everyone gets it the same time. Everyone will catch it eventually that how viruses work, or live in hope of a vaccine but that's a long way off.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

Absolutely. The collateral damage is now killing thousands, the coming economic damage will kill thousands more (millions around the developing world) but apparently those deaths don't matter.

Hundreds of thousands in the UK not getting immediate and necessary medical tests and treatments (Myself included waiting for a heart scan).

Just wait until those millions of jobs have disappeared, economic collapse, house prices down 50% (or whatever) mental health issues and suicides will be off the scale.

By *ummerforeverMan  over a year ago

greenford

One thing what few people seem to discuss is it's not all about dying. I had the virus, young and very healthy before. I now have ongoing nuerological issues. Just because it didn't kill me doesn't mean it didn't affect me.

Regardless of your opinions on whether we should have isolated how soon or long you wouldn't want any of this for your close loved ones, death or ongoing issues. Try to see the virus as the big picture, the halth ramifications aren't just death, they can be ongoing and serious and that affects us all.

I agree the economy is important and all our livelihoods are but i also am sure most people who lost a loved one would give years like this to get them back.

Who in a million years could have predicted this? To begin with it was thought only old people were affected but we now know there are other characteristics to take into account.

I've not left my home since March 23. I've not seen my kids or grandkids and yes it's getting me down. But I'm looking forward to seeing them and meeting friends.

"

Watch Pandemic on Netflix. The experts knew this would happen, government's chose to ignore it.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Watch Pandemic on Netflix. The experts knew this would happen, government's chose to ignore it."

Going to watch that in a while.

"The human race will be destroyed by God on the 29/08/21 for the sins we have been doing the virus is a warning shot the only way we can save mankind / womenkind / peoplewhoaren'ttosurewhattheyarekind is to stand on door steps and clap to warn the devil off. "

Do you think if I ask nicely, God could wait 'til after the August bank holiday?

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"The human race will be destroyed by God on the 29/08/21 for the sins we have been doing the virus is a warning shot the only way we can save mankind / womenkind / peoplewhoaren'ttosurewhattheyarekind is to stand on door steps and clap to warn the devil off.

Do you think if I ask nicely, God could wait 'til after the August bank holiday?"

August ffs. You said I could come at your window now

"The human race will be destroyed by God on the 29/08/21 for the sins we have been doing the virus is a warning shot the only way we can save mankind / womenkind / peoplewhoaren'ttosurewhattheyarekind is to stand on door steps and clap to warn the devil off.

Do you think if I ask nicely, God could wait 'til after the August bank holiday?

August ffs. You said I could come at your window now "

There's a queue at my window

I'm operating a ticket system

Please ensure you use the hand sanitizer provided.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Please ensure you use the hand sanitizer provided."

Ffs. I told you a was a heavy shooter. Can I do it across the road just open your net curtains and give us a clap

Please ensure you use the hand sanitizer provided.

Ffs. I told you a was a heavy shooter. Can I do it across the road just open your net curtains and give us a clap "

Net curtains are for old people

Oh no, wait

Bugger

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"The human race will be destroyed by God on the 29/08/21 for the sins we have been doing the virus is a warning shot the only way we can save mankind / womenkind / peoplewhoaren'ttosurewhattheyarekind is to stand on door steps and clap to warn the devil off. "

I'll be in Jamaica on that date. Guess I don't need to pay for my return flights anymore

Very happy for all that are under forty and don't give a shit about catching this disease. Hope that they are just as happy when the next one comes along that only kills the twenty to forty age group, and gives the oldies "just a touch of flu".

What you don't realise is that lockdown only serves to prolong an outbreak - that was literally the intention!!! If only at risk groups locked down this would have been over with much faster and wouldn't have done such devastating damage to public health that is non COVID related and the economy.

People are dying in greater numbers of conditions other than COVID at the moment that could have lived much longer lives than the majority of people that are vulnerable to COVID.

My priority is detecting cancer early in a young person rather than giving a dementia patient a couple of extra months to live and it would be every time you give me the choice. It is absolutely preposterous to me that we as a country are doing the opposite and everyone is agreeing.

We all have to die at some point!"

Well said

No OP because the reason we had lockdown was to keep the NHS running with capacity. Those less at risk of dying if they caught covid may still need treatment. So it would just make more people die of COVID or other illnesses with no beds available to save life's. And you have to remember a lot of the vulnerable are elderly who have paid taxes all their lives. To turn back and say yeh they are better off at home or dead is pretty selfish.

The vulnerable are shielding right now anyway. Lockdown just means they'll be doing it for longer.

NHS no where near capacity throughout this. One or 2 hospitals were full for a while.

R value peaked we'll before lockdown.

Should have done a better job of shielding and as OP says the rest should have got on with it.

"The vulnerable are shielding right now anyway. Lockdown just means they'll be doing it for longer.

NHS no where near capacity throughout this. One or 2 hospitals were full for a while.

R value peaked we'll before lockdown.

Should have done a better job of shielding and as OP says the rest should have got on with it.

"

That's bull.

By *uyfrombristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

As others have said, 'lockdown' wasn't to stop people from getting it entirely, it was to stop too many people getting it at the same time.

As it stands we can't stop people getting it, but thankfully the overwhelming majority of people suffer no serious effects.

We'll possibly go into a cycle of lockdown, release, lockdown until there's a vaccine. Those at high risk are going to have to make the choice as to whether they want to isolate indefinitely, or roll the dice.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

My take on what should have been done differently -

Locked-down about 2 weeks earlier.

Followed the tactics of the German government, including much higher testing and tracing levels, with full isolation of those infected.

Just those 2 routes would have changed things drastically. It would have required the government to have been ordering essential supplies early on, not waiting until the world had little left etc.

Germany had a similar starting point to the UK but diverged from us. They now have far, far lower levels of deaths and are ahead in opening up the country.

"As others have said, 'lockdown' wasn't to stop people from getting it entirely, it was to stop too many people getting it at the same time.

As it stands we can't stop people getting it, but thankfully the overwhelming majority of people suffer no serious effects.

We'll possibly go into a cycle of lockdown, release, lockdown until there's a vaccine. Those at high risk are going to have to make the choice as to whether they want to isolate indefinitely, or roll the dice."

» Add a new message to this topic