By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

Yes flue which kills doctors and nurses

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope you’re wrong

Speaking to my doctor yesterday (I’m in hospital) and she thinks the 2nd wave will be in October and three times or more bigger than the first wave.

Then she said but I’m no expert.!!!!!!

But it’s coming and I’m glad that we live in the middle of no where and not in a city.

T

"And it will be big

Some say the biggest will be autumn winter 2021 "

really yay lets look forward to that good news

Well if it does come then it does...not a lot we can do about it..doubt the world will sit in lockdown for ever...so need to be realistic and get on with life...enjoy the summer we might die in the autumn...we definitely won't get out of life alive thats for sure...

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"And it will be big

Have you got any links to these claims, because none of the experts I've seen making comments have suggested anything like this.

Cal

By *reatformeatWoman  over a year ago

my own bubble

Here we go with the "sandra on my facebook said ""!! Thread. How come everyone is an expert on covid 19 at the momemt ? Knowbody as a clue

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

Some say tomato.....

Why worry? Why be a doom and gloom merchant?

What happens happens!

A lot of experts on here I've noticed ...

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

exeter

All I can add is that my daughter is a nurse in Devon . They are still in the process of building a nightingale hospital because they are expecting the second wave to hit autumn this year .

"And it will be big

Who are the "some" saying that about 2021? Do you have a source?

At the end of the day we can’t stop it from re appearing we can just try to limit the rate of infection and slow it down from statistics if they are correct there are a fair few who could already be immune for the time being for how long we won’t know but that could make this so called second wave of it dose happen quite mild we will just never know until that time

I say just stop with the if buts and maybes and we will just have to cross that bridge when we get to it as there’s no point panicking now and wasting time just live life to the full enjoy the time you have and treat everyday like it’s your last and make sure everyone that matters in your life knows you love them

Then if the worst dose happen you know you’ve done all you can

There will be a second wave everyone agrees that. But it will be significantly different. Because when it hits as a society social distancing will be the norm, hospitals and doctors will know what to expect, businesses will know what to expect. It will be handled very differently and none of us on here know anywhere near enough time say what impact those differences will have

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Here we go with the "sandra on my facebook said ""!! Thread. How come everyone is an expert on covid 19 at the momemt ? Knowbody as a clue "

how comes everyones an expert? because brexit has been knocked off the front pages so all the brexit experts need something else to be experts on

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

exactly... if the chief medical officer doesn't say it then no point listening to crap off facebook

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

There’s some very calm sane voices in here...thank you

I'm stocking up on loo roll already!!

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

If we have a second wave, will it not be the same the world over??Therefore see how the other countries react..

and get in a bit quicker than last time..

"Here we go with the "sandra on my facebook said ""!! Thread. How come everyone is an expert on covid 19 at the momemt ? Knowbody as a clue

how comes everyones an expert? because brexit has been knocked off the front pages so all the brexit experts need something else to be experts on "

All I know about things at the moment is this lockdown did bring some amazing weather didn’t it what all your thoughts on that instead

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"All I know about things at the moment is this lockdown did bring some amazing weather didn’t it what all your thoughts on that instead "

ive got a great tan and exploring on the bike thanks to the sun god ra

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

They are still preparing for another wave as the NHS are still taking delivery of hundreds of extra beds, suppose they have to because if they don’t half of the country will be saying why weren’t they prepared after last time, so beds and PPE will be stacked high.

Certainly hope it doesn’t come back with a vengeance in autumn/winter, imagine everyone queuing outside the shops in the cold and pouring rain, I think that will add to extra illness alone

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

There’d better be zombies in the second wave ... this apocalypse has been crap so far !

I know the sun has been amazing I’ve seen so many out on there bikes and been able to listen to the wildlife more

Everything seems to have come alive out there it’s lovely really

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"Well if it does come then it does...not a lot we can do about it..doubt the world will sit in lockdown for ever...so need to be realistic and get on with life...enjoy the summer we might die in the autumn...we definitely won't get out of life alive thats for sure..."

Agree totally.

Lots of things out there waiting to end our time on this rock. We put control measures and treatments in place to deal with them and get on with life. Covid will be another on the list of things we live with soon.

Only Sir Cliff is immortal.

"There’d better be zombies in the second wave ... this apocalypse has been crap so far ! "

Try telling that to a friend of my mum's....husband and son both dead, having to isolate on her own . At least your ok though fella with your 'crap apocalypse'....

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"There’d better be zombies in the second wave ... this apocalypse has been crap so far !

Try telling that to a friend of my mum's....husband and son both dead, having to isolate on her own . At least your ok though fella with your 'crap apocalypse'...."

I think it will be humour x

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

"And it will be big

And it will be big - who says? reveal your sources.

Some say the biggest will be autumn winter 2021 - who are the 'some'.

talk about a drama queen post

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

Only Sir Cliff is immortal. "

And Rick Astley.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Hopefully they will be closer to a cure/vaccine by then.

Mystic meg fauci says second wave in Autumn and he'll be right just like he "predicted" this pandemic.

Gates says vaccine could be ready for January, being the fastest designed vaccine ever, just in time for this second wave

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 15:11:51]

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"

And Rick Astley. "

And Sir David Attenborough

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"All I can add is that my daughter is a nurse in Devon . They are still in the process of building a nightingale hospital because they are expecting the second wave to hit autumn this year . "

Is this why they were built in such a rush and at a massive expense, I know guys who have worked on some of these projects and money was no object just get them done, the majority are yet to be used which is a good thing but this was on advice from experts!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"All I can add is that my daughter is a nurse in Devon . They are still in the process of building a nightingale hospital because they are expecting the second wave to hit autumn this year . "
they also expected that these nightingale hospitals would be full of covid patients this wave and they wasn't infact the London one has been stepped down and is empty of patients

"

And Rick Astley.

And Sir David Attenborough "

And Sir David Jason ??

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you make claims, especially as many may find them alarming op, it's better to post the references to them. If it's just personal speculation, it's perhaps wiser to see if other topics are doing the same.

Like many, I'm being selective with news stories and information, preferring to source projections and medical data from reputable sources.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Every autunn the daily fail predicts the coldest, snowiest wettest longest winter in known history. The sun and the guardian respond with the newly found weather bombs theory

Go figure

I do think it will be sooner than that for Covid and then the flu after that wave looking at the amount of people who are just partying away and then going home to families

Was there a second wave of sars?

"Speaking to my doctor yesterday (I’m in hospital) and she thinks the 2nd wave will be in October and three times or more bigger than the first wave.

Then she said but I’m no expert.!!!!!!

But it’s coming and I’m glad that we live in the middle of no where and not in a city.

T"

So 2nd wave is coming just cause the scientist and government tell us it is. I wonder if there crystal ball can tell me the lottery numbers

"Well if it does come then it does...not a lot we can do about it..doubt the world will sit in lockdown for ever...so need to be realistic and get on with life...enjoy the summer we might die in the autumn...we definitely won't get out of life alive thats for sure..."

Well said, we take risks every day and our immune system is fighting things from us all the time without us realizing it.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

"And it will be big

Some say the biggest will be autumn winter 2021

Have you got any links to these claims, because none of the experts I've seen making comments have suggested anything like this.

Cal"

I've got this link to official government website that's says it was downgraded as not a high-consequence-infectious-diseases-from 19th March if that helps

"There will be a second wave everyone agrees that. But it will be significantly different. Because when it hits as a society social distancing will be the norm, hospitals and doctors will know what to expect, businesses will know what to expect. It will be handled very differently and none of us on here know anywhere near enough time say what impact those differences will have"

Second wave of a not a highly infectious virus

"exactly... if the chief medical officer doesn't say it then no point listening to crap off facebook"

"There’d better be zombies in the second wave ... this apocalypse has been crap so far ! "

It is https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

"Well if it does come then it does...not a lot we can do about it..doubt the world will sit in lockdown for ever...so need to be realistic and get on with life...enjoy the summer we might die in the autumn...we definitely won't get out of life alive thats for sure...

Agree totally.

Lots of things out there waiting to end our time on this rock. We put control measures and treatments in place to deal with them and get on with life. Covid will be another on the list of things we live with soon.

Only Sir Cliff is immortal. "

Covid19 is part of the Coronavirus family of which the common cold is a part of, do your own research people don't just trust what the government tell you

"Mystic meg fauci says second wave in Autumn and he'll be right just like he "predicted" this pandemic.

Gates says vaccine could be ready for January, being the fastest designed vaccine ever, just in time for this second wave"

And Gates also said the side effects from the rushed vaccine won't be know for at least 2 years, good luck if you have it

"All I can add is that my daughter is a nurse in Devon . They are still in the process of building a nightingale hospital because they are expecting the second wave to hit autumn this year .

Is this why they were built in such a rush and at a massive expense, I know guys who have worked on some of these projects and money was no object just get them done, the majority are yet to be used which is a good thing but this was on advice from experts! "

Do you own research and find out what they put in vaccines

"All I can add is that my daughter is a nurse in Devon . They are still in the process of building a nightingale hospital because they are expecting the second wave to hit autumn this year . they also expected that these nightingale hospitals would be full of covid patients this wave and they wasn't infact the London one has been stepped down and is empty of patients"

Yeah funny that ain't it, deaths from other causes have been falsified to get the numbers up and double counted from taking a swab from the nose and throat

"Mystic meg fauci says second wave in Autumn and he'll be right just like he "predicted" this pandemic.

Gates says vaccine could be ready for January, being the fastest designed vaccine ever, just in time for this second wave

And Gates also said the side effects from the rushed vaccine won't be know for at least 2 years, good luck if you have it"

If I have it? You must be joking, I wouldn't touch anything from depopulater gates.

He's very proud that it will be the world's quickest ever vaccine, even though it takes at least 5 years to produce and properly test a safe vaccine.

"And it will be big

Some say you talk shit.

Just saying....

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"And it will be big

Some say you talk shit.

Just saying.... "

I think it most people mind.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

If it going to happen, it’s going to happen.

Why can’t we just be happy appreciate the time we have and enjoy ourselves.

By *ustus2728Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

There is a possibility this will be seasonal forever, we cant spend the rest of our lives social distancing. There may never be a complete vaccination. We are going to get back to life normality asap, we refuse to let it control us and yes more will die ut that's an unfortunate part of life. It could be us or someone close to us but we wont allow our life to be conditioned by the virus, government or the righteous. You may not agree and I'm not asking you too, just let us do us and you do you.

"They are still preparing for another wave as the NHS are still taking delivery of hundreds of extra beds, suppose they have to because if they don’t half of the country will be saying why weren’t they prepared after last time, so beds and PPE will be stacked high.

Certainly hope it doesn’t come back with a vengeance in autumn/winter, imagine everyone queuing outside the shops in the cold and pouring rain, I think that will add to extra illness alone "

If there is any sign of a second wave coming that time of year the brollies will be the new big roll...

Expect local corner shop owners to snap up all the stock from Wilkos amd knock them out for a tenner a go from a temporary shelter outside the local supermarket...

B

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

"There’d better be zombies in the second wave ... this apocalypse has been crap so far !

Try telling that to a friend of my mum's....husband and son both dead, having to isolate on her own . At least your ok though fella with your 'crap apocalypse'...."

If there’s zombies they might get a chance to see them again !

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"And it will be big

Cal

I've got this link to official government website that's says it was downgraded as not a high-consequence-infectious-diseases-from 19th March if that helps

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid"

And this was known on these forums in March. Nothing was hidden by the government. Just because you are two and a half months behind doesn't make it a conspiracy

"There is a possibility this will be seasonal forever, we cant spend the rest of our lives social distancing. There may never be a complete vaccination. We are going to get back to life normality asap, we refuse to let it control us and yes more will die ut that's an unfortunate part of life. It could be us or someone close to us but we wont allow our life to be conditioned by the virus, government or the righteous. You may not agree and I'm not asking you too, just let us do us and you do you."

You've the nail right on the head but people keeping glued to the news, the elderly have a new flu vaccine every year because the new strains come out every year so we will be in permanent lockdown and constantly tracked and traced why are they employing track and tracers, people seriously need to wake up what this means for there freedom as a civilian

"They are still preparing for another wave as the NHS are still taking delivery of hundreds of extra beds, suppose they have to because if they don’t half of the country will be saying why weren’t they prepared after last time, so beds and PPE will be stacked high.

Certainly hope it doesn’t come back with a vengeance in autumn/winter, imagine everyone queuing outside the shops in the cold and pouring rain, I think that will add to extra illness alone

If there is any sign of a second wave coming that time of year the brollies will be the new big roll...

Expect local corner shop owners to snap up all the stock from Wilkos amd knock them out for a tenner a go from a temporary shelter outside the local supermarket...

B"

Very true, blooming profiteering, so much for the government saying its not allowed, I will have to get my ski wear out of the attic and check my brolly situation just in case as probably won’t get a supermarket delivery...thinking about it might see if I can book a Christmas slot now (joking)

"And it will be big

Cal

And this was known on these forums in March. Nothing was hidden by the government. Just because you are two and a half months behind doesn't make it a conspiracy"

Who are the ones being locked down, threatened with mandatory vaccine and tracking apps, queuing outside a supermarket for over 30 mins or more your living in the conspiracy and you can't see it

Bracknell

"And it will be big

Cal

And this was known on these forums in March. Nothing was hidden by the government. Just because you are two and a half months behind doesn't make it a conspiracy

Who are the ones being locked down, threatened with mandatory vaccine and tracking apps, queuing outside a supermarket for over 30 mins or more your living in the conspiracy and you can't see it"

well you can so good for you. You can come back here everyday and say "I told you so". I await your message in early 2021

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Everyone's an expert

"Everyone's an expert"

You would think we should have a vaccine by now. I mean this place is full of experts....

Dont you just love an amateur expert..........

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Looking at the knobheads that were congregated around the two air ambulances at Durdle Door in Dorset to look at three other stupid prats who decided to "tombstone" of Durdle Door and got badly injured it will be sooner than that!

Durdle Door, Lulworth and the rest of that area is now closed for everyone apart from residents.

"Looking at the knobheads that were congregated around the two air ambulances at Durdle Door in Dorset to look at three other stupid prats who decided to "tombstone" of Durdle Door and got badly injured it will be sooner than that!

Durdle Door, Lulworth and the rest of that area is now closed for everyone apart from residents."

How many times can you get Durdle Door in a post...

Bracknell

"Looking at the knobheads that were congregated around the two air ambulances at Durdle Door in Dorset to look at three other stupid prats who decided to "tombstone" of Durdle Door and got badly injured it will be sooner than that!

Durdle Door, Lulworth and the rest of that area is now closed for everyone apart from residents.How many times can you get Durdle Door in a post..."

I counted 3

Bracknell

Durdle Door, Lulworth and the rest of that area is now closed for everyone apart from residents.How many times can you get Durdle Door in a post...

I counted 3 "

Actually 4 on your re-post

Durdle Door, Lulworth and the rest of that area is now closed for everyone apart from residents.How many times can you get Durdle Door in a post...

I counted 3

Actually 4 on your re-post "

I counted 3

Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Oh and Durdle Door. I win.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I counted 3

Sorry guys and gals! Alkeyhole working hard!

IF....the 2nd wave hits in the autumn....it will be dark nights and colder weather.....people won’t be able to escape it by sunbathing and going outdoors all day ...

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 21:57:25]

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 21:57:09]

I counted 3

Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Oh and Durdle Door. I win.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

I counted 3

Actually 4 on your re-post Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Oh and Durdle Door. I win."

Wtf is a doodle door

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

if we don't get the second wave of this we could get the first waave of some other chyna bat plague

we can't live our lives in the expection of waves and waves of bat viruses - or what is the point

"IF....the 2nd wave hits in the autumn....it will be dark nights and colder weather.....people won’t be able to escape it by sunbathing and going outdoors all day ..."

Expect those corner shop owners to snap up all the shit "made only for small garden" fireworks and flog them off "2 sets for a tonne" as well...

B

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Everyone's an expert

You would think we should have a vaccine by now. I mean this place is full of experts...."

Lol...this is so true!

The UK public dont listen or respect the rules. What a world we live in. Big virus killing 10,000s and they don't give too hoots. So what do we expect will happen?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"The UK public dont listen or respect the rules. What a world we live in. Big virus killing 10,000s and they don't give too hoots. So what do we expect will happen? "

Darwinism.

"The UK public dont listen or respect the rules. What a world we live in. Big virus killing 10,000s and they don't give too hoots. So what do we expect will happen?

Darwinism. "

It's absolutely stupid.

By *aulj69Man  over a year ago

dunstable

Doctor and television presenter Alexander Myasnikov was appointed in April to his new role of informing Russians about coronavirus treatment and prevention methods and to battle “fake news” about Covid-19. After calling the country’s reported low death rate a “Russian miracle,” Myasnikov said last week that “those meant to die will die” from it.

In an interview that aired Wednesday, Myasnikov gestured for the cameras to stop running and said candidly: “It’s all bullsh*t.”

“It’s all exaggerated. It’s an acute respiratory disease with minimal mortality,” he told television personality Ksenia Sobchak in the interview for her YouTube project.

“Why has the whole world been destroyed? That I don’t know,” Myasnikov said, adding that he’s more concerned about a second wave that he claimed “we’re unprepared for.”

I counted 3

Actually 4 on your re-post Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Durdle Door. Oh and Durdle Door. I win.

Wtf is a doodle door"

It's an outside loo door for scribbling on whilst one sees to his/her 'business'........

Apparently.

Hope this helps(!)

Eva XXX

"Doctor and television presenter Alexander Myasnikov was appointed in April to his new role of informing Russians about coronavirus treatment and prevention methods and to battle “fake news” about Covid-19. After calling the country’s reported low death rate a “Russian miracle,” Myasnikov said last week that “those meant to die will die” from it.

In an interview that aired Wednesday, Myasnikov gestured for the cameras to stop running and said candidly: “It’s all bullsh*t.”

“It’s all exaggerated. It’s an acute respiratory disease with minimal mortality,” he told television personality Ksenia Sobchak in the interview for her YouTube project.

“Why has the whole world been destroyed? That I don’t know,” Myasnikov said, adding that he’s more concerned about a second wave that he claimed “we’re unprepared for.”"

Russia just annoyed because they have lost a fortune in oil money. And it may have a low death rate but the rate of spread is high so kind of cancels itself out.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Nice little party in East London last night and a couple of demos with more planned for today. (Only one demo social distanced)

Then look at the beaches and beauty spots crammed.

Wouldn’t surprise me if another wave came sooner.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"

Some say"

Was it old Top Gear Stig?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"And it will be big

Sorry but 'some say' isn't a credible reference

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"And it will be big

Puts note in diary to start buying toilet rolls mid July

Be more scared if I was you !

When the Xmas shopping kick's off !

It's gonna take hour's of queuing with all the Santa caper's bullshit combined with Covid 19 it's going to be a nightmare !

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Cant believe some people they dont care if we have a second wave not if they can pack the beaches .the parks and such like leaving their rubbish where they had their picnic..disposable bar b cue starting fires cause the ground is so dry ! Having people to their houses .....

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

Isnt it weird how all the covid experts are swingers

By *eandmilfCouple  over a year ago

hopton

How can a second wave be bigger when we no longer lick each others faces , cuddle in pubs , Shag a stranger , keep 2 MTRS apart and speak to our mums through the window

"Isnt it weird how all the covid experts are swingers "

Oh they're not just swingers. They're bloody everywhere, have you not seen Faceache recently?

B

"And it will be big

some say I will also win the lottery

some believe in god

some dont

some dont give 2 flying fucks.

We could be in the 2nd wave now?

"We could be in the 2nd wave now? "

I think we would know if there was a second wave happening now.

"We could be in the 2nd wave now?

I think we would know if there was a second wave happening now."

How we could be in 3rd wave, no one is really sure when this started.

I think we would know if there was a second wave happening now.How we could be in 3rd wave, no one is really sure when this started. "

True.

I guess I dont really know what "2nd wave" actually means.

By *incloudukMan  over a year ago

Medway

"Hope you’re wrong "

Me too no one knows exactly how it will work. We may be lucky and it may just be over

I think we would know if there was a second wave happening now.How we could be in 3rd wave, no one is really sure when this started.

True.

I guess I dont really know what "2nd wave" actually means. "

The second wave is when the daily deaths/hospital admissions/itu admissions all start to rapidly increase day on on day like they sod at the start of the first lockdown.

Those flippantly suggesting that we could be in a second or third wave while the figures are clearly decreasing are the ones who don't know what a second wave is

I think we would know if there was a second wave happening now.How we could be in 3rd wave, no one is really sure when this started.

True.

The second wave is when the daily deaths/hospital admissions/itu admissions all start to rapidly increase day on on day like they sod at the start of the first lockdown.

Those flippantly suggesting that we could be in a second or third wave while the figures are clearly decreasing are the ones who don't know what a second wave is "

Some experts are saying first wave was February and the 2nd wave hit us mid April. Only time will tell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a mutated version of this virus towards the end of this year which will cause a second bigger spike

True.

Those flippantly suggesting that we could be in a second or third wave while the figures are clearly decreasing are the ones who don't know what a second wave is Some experts are saying first wave was February and the 2nd wave hit us mid April. Only time will tell. "

Do you have a link for a source to that? I'm intrigued how we had a wave with nothing really happening?

True.

Those flippantly suggesting that we could be in a second or third wave while the figures are clearly decreasing are the ones who don't know what a second wave is "

Okay

I wasnt arguing either way.

But sure. Thay definition of second wave makes sense.

Then, to me, it doesnt feel like we've had the second wave.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

True.

Those flippantly suggesting that we could be in a second or third wave while the figures are clearly decreasing are the ones who don't know what a second wave is

Okay

I wasnt arguing either way.

But sure. Thay definition of second wave makes sense.

Then, to me, it doesnt feel like we've had the second wave."

And we may not have a serious one, social distancing is the key. national geographic have just published a study on Spanish flu in america and lots of the cities didn't have large second waves as they stuck to social distancing, so it's possible but down to us to be responsible and keep distancing and washing hands properly

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

True.

Those flippantly suggesting that we could be in a second or third wave while the figures are clearly decreasing are the ones who don't know what a second wave is Some experts are saying first wave was February and the 2nd wave hit us mid April. Only time will tell.

Do you have a link for a source to that? I'm intrigued how we had a wave with nothing really happening?"

Perhaps the tide was out when the second wave came.

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a mutated version of this virus towards the end of this year which will cause a second bigger spike "

Upon what do you base that?

I ask because if a mutated version were to do that we would be dealing with a new virus not SARS-2 which we currently have. And that's not going to happen. Mutations happen frequently in RNA viruses, many coding for junk and if it does affect structures important for virulence a mutation can just as easily code for a decrease rather than am increase.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Yes flue which kills doctors and nurses"

Yes influenza similar to cov19 can and does kill anyone including doctors and nurses

They need better ppe and practices regardless of the existence of another harmful pathogen

It's sad to took this one for people to begin to care x

Certainly hope it doesn’t come back with a vengeance in autumn/winter, imagine everyone queuing outside the shops in the cold and pouring rain, I think that will add to extra illness alone "

And where does this bold statement come from?

As someone working in a Manchester Covid treating hospital I can assure you we still have plenty of patients despite slight decreases. We are still woefully short of PPE which is supplied with varying quality and intermittently. We are ‘stockpiling’ zero items.

Beds??? Nobody is stock piling beds, there’s around 4000 unused in the various hibernated Nightingales along with 500 ventilators.

If you read any of the medical journals (the BMJ for example) the concern is we have exited lockdown too early. We may have the weather on our side currently but the great concern currently is spikes in infection especially in the cities. There’s too many cases in the population to effectively trace, most northern/midlands cities are sat on an R rating of 0.8 or 0.9, London itself is only a 0.7... there’s very little sign of a significant respite as lockdown eases.

The most concerning shortage in the NHS is for ICU qualified staff, that will give long before bed space does. That’s why the London, Birmingham Etc Nightingale hospitals saw no real use... we didn’t and still don’t have the staff to man them.

Yes Winter may peak again but there’s a strong argument to say we will still be dealing with significantly high infection numbers in the interim.

And where does this bold statement come from?

As someone working in a Manchester Covid treating hospital I can assure you we still have plenty of patients despite slight decreases. We are still woefully short of PPE which is supplied with varying quality and intermittently. We are ‘stockpiling’ zero items.

Beds??? Nobody is stock piling beds, there’s around 4000 unused in the various hibernated Nightingales along with 500 ventilators.

If you read any of the medical journals (the BMJ for example) the concern is we have exited lockdown too early. We may have the weather on our side currently but the great concern currently is spikes in infection especially in the cities. There’s too many cases in the population to effectively trace, most northern/midlands cities are sat on an R rating of 0.8 or 0.9, London itself is only a 0.7... there’s very little sign of a significant respite as lockdown eases.

The most concerning shortage in the NHS is for ICU qualified staff, that will give long before bed space does. That’s why the London, Birmingham Etc Nightingale hospitals saw no real use... we didn’t and still don’t have the staff to man them.

Yes Winter may peak again but there’s a strong argument to say we will still be dealing with significantly high infection numbers in the interim. "

I didn’t say there wasn’t patients now did I, please read what I said. I said preparing for another wave, the government themselves said about how much PPE had now been arranged for manufacture going forward so there are stocks in future and it’s a bold statement on the beds being ordered as I know it’s correct, I know what’s been ordered and delivered to where. There’s more to the country than London, Birmingham and Manchester. You seem to think I’m having a go for some reason, I’m not, I’m saying there is preparation for another wave.

Now now children!!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I think we are already in the second wave. As for nightingale hospitals, who is going to staff them? Surely it would be more cost effective to reopen closed wards on existing hospitals?

"And it will be big

Be nice to come on the forum and STOP seeing these threads. One after another. No one knows anything its all guess work. If we all knew what was going to happen in the next 4 months or more we would all be worth a fortune. Life is hard though without constantly guessworking the future.

How about some nice threads instead of COVID COVID COVID.

Sale

"And it will be big

Be nice to come on the forum and STOP seeing these threads. One after another. No one knows anything its all guess work. If we all knew what was going to happen in the next 4 months or more we would all be worth a fortune. Life is hard though without constantly guessworking the future.

How about some nice threads instead of COVID COVID COVID."

Lol you are seeking solace in the wrong group sweetie …. this is the COVID COVID COVID group

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple  over a year ago

darlington

No one knows what is going to happen because it's a new virus its literally just educated guessing

"And it will be big

Lol you are seeking solace in the wrong group sweetie …. this is the COVID COVID COVID group"

Oh my mistake thought it was one of the 50 threads sweetie.dnt need to seek solace im perfectly fine but thank you for info. Much appreciated. Thank you thank you

"I think we are already in the second wave. As for nightingale hospitals, who is going to staff them? Surely it would be more cost effective to reopen closed wards on existing hospitals?"

You realise when you say ‘closed wards’ these are spaces being used by Covid-19 patients... not empty rooms.

As for Nightingale’s, you’re right. With the exception of Manchester’s which follows a step down model the others hoped to staff with ICU teams from other hospitals doing additional shifts. The reality is nobody had enough time to give as their own hospitals demands where too great, as time has gone on I think there’s also an argument the ‘frontline’ is literally exhausted.

All the Nightingale’s need to be shifted to our model in Manchester, that frees up ICU’s for the critical, re-introduces ward space for ‘other services’.

Sale

"And it will be big

Lol you are seeking solace in the wrong group sweetie …. this is the COVID COVID COVID group

Oh my mistake thought it was one of the 50 threads sweetie.dnt need to seek solace im perfectly fine but thank you for info. Much appreciated. Thank you thank you"

lol

By *aygnt2021Man  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Some people don't half chat a load of bullshit they know fuck all

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

"No one knows what is going to happen because it's a new virus its literally just educated guessing "

Not sure there’s much education involved

I am still pretty convinced that this was the 2nd wave... was I know loads of people that had a none descript viral infection that was pretty much as covid is described. I was told I didnt have flu .. which is what I thought it was...

Even my doctor thinks it was in hindsight probably covid 19. Even more so with the fact I'd been in Italy before I got sock

* sick.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I can't see there being a big second wave now, there may be small rises here and there, I hope I'm right.

People are now more aware and ready for it.

lets all stay in hiding forever isn't it great

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

got to make the most of this summer then!

"I am still pretty convinced that this was the 2nd wave... was I know loads of people that had a none descript viral infection that was pretty much as covid is described. I was told I didnt have flu .. which is what I thought it was...

Even my doctor thinks it was in hindsight probably covid 19. Even more so with the fact I'd been in Italy before I got sock"

I think this is the case, but we will never know unless the Chinese come clean about when it first started, which they wont.

ashby de la zouch

"I am still pretty convinced that this was the 2nd wave... was I know loads of people that had a none descript viral infection that was pretty much as covid is described. I was told I didnt have flu .. which is what I thought it was...

Even my doctor thinks it was in hindsight probably covid 19. Even more so with the fact I'd been in Italy before I got sock

I think this is the case, but we will never know unless the Chinese come clean about when it first started, which they wont."

It appears to me the concept of waves is misunderstood

Contagion is exponential

We have only had one lockdown

Waves are caused because the exponential growth is halted and then restarts

The second wave will occur because the exponential growth was stunted by a lockdown

The hospital admissions grossed up by 10 fold still suggest less than 5 percent of the population has had it

IF , IF ,

IF it existed before Jan it's totally bizarre that so many had it yet hospital icus were not reflective of this

And even then if it existed then due to the above concept of lockdown stopping growth we would still be in first wave

The alleged first wave makes zero logic

"Yeah there was a first wave loads a people got it every one I know had this nasty virus no one went to icu though then it stopped on it's own still with loads left to infect then started a second wave where people started to die more "

Erm no

A nasty lil bug certainly seemed to make a lot of people quite ill there are hundreds to choose from. cov-SARS2 it almost certainly was not

I think this is the case, but we will never know unless the Chinese come clean about when it first started, which they wont.

Contagion is exponential

The second wave will occur because the exponential growth was stunted by a lockdown

The hospital admissions grossed up by 10 fold still suggest less than 5 percent of the population has had it

IF , IF ,

IF it existed before Jan it's totally bizarre that so many had it yet hospital icus were not reflective of this

And even then if it existed then due to the above concept of lockdown stopping growth we would still be in first wave

"Yeah there was a first wave loads a people got it every one I know had this nasty virus no one went to icu though then it stopped on it's own still with loads left to infect then started a second wave where people started to die more "

Erm no

A nasty lil bug certainly seemed to make a lot of people quite ill there are hundreds to choose from. cov-SARS2 it almost certainly was not

"

If your saying because no one was in ICU in January it could not be Cv19. In that case did all 39,000 who died go through ICU?

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Will I have time stock pile on toilet rolls, flour,pasta an beans.

ashby de la zouch

Contagion is exponential

IF , IF ,

Erm no

If your saying because no one was in ICU in January it could not be Cv19. In that case did all 39,000 who died go through ICU? "

No but the 5 fold who did not die absolutely did

Contagion is exponential

IF , IF ,

Erm no

If your saying because no one was in ICU in January it could not be Cv19. In that case did all 39,000 who died go through ICU? "

No hes saying that if it was covid-19 it was the gradual start of the first wave which is still ongoing.

There was no spike in deaths. No spike in hospital admissions. No spike in ITU admissions.

Contagion is exponential

IF , IF ,

Erm no

"

you maybe right.. I maybe right but Italy and France are now finding cases in 2019 that were covid 19... I was in Italy at the end of 2019. They have already said that sometime in Feb the virus mutated to a much nastier version... which then most of Europe had from Feb till may.. they are suggesting its mutated again to be less vicious. So the early cases could have very well been covid 19.

ashby de la zouch

Contagion is exponential

IF , IF ,

Erm no

If your saying because no one was in ICU in January it could not be Cv19. In that case did all 39,000 who died go through ICU?

No hes saying that if it was covid-19 it was the gradual start of the first wave which is still ongoing.

There was no spike in deaths. No spike in hospital admissions. No spike in ITU admissions."

Exactly and it would not correlate with the exponential hospital curve directly evidenced

ashby de la zouch

Contagion is exponential

IF , IF ,

Erm no

you maybe right.. I maybe right but Italy and France are now finding cases in 2019 that were covid 19... I was in Italy at the end of 2019. They have already said that sometime in Feb the virus mutated to a much nastier version... which then most of Europe had from Feb till may.. they are suggesting its mutated again to be less vicious. So the early cases could have very well been covid 19.

"

That would not make evolutionary sense

Host killing or immobility is not in the best interests of a virus

But maybe I guess possible???

Contagion is exponential

IF , IF ,

Erm no

That would not make evolutionary sense

Host killing or immobility is not in the best interests of a virus

But maybe I guess possible???"

hey it's what they said had happened that the virus mutated to be the more nasty one that we have had.. and that the one previous was milder. I just read the medical journals... not do them. I am 99.9% sure it will show I had it back in December

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

It's quickly becoming 1 of the most tedious subjects going, folk predicting when the 2nd wave will come and how big it will be as if they are some sort of expert. Fact is nobody knows when it will come or even if it will come at all for certain. All we know is that we can't stay in lockdown waiting for it and this continual speculation does nothing but maintain the fear factor preventing many from getting on with their lives.

By *hongguyMan  over a year ago

dewsbury

getting boring now how about asking mystic meg because how anyone as any idea about a 2nd wave are just bloody guessing

dewsbury

"It's quickly becoming 1 of the most tedious subjects going, folk predicting when the 2nd wave will come and how big it will be as if they are some sort of expert. Fact is nobody knows when it will come or even if it will come at all for certain. All we know is that we can't stay in lockdown waiting for it and this continual speculation does nothing but maintain the fear factor preventing many from getting on with their lives."
getting very boring this subject roll on footy hooray

dewsbury

"Will I have time stock pile on toilet rolls, flour,pasta an beans."

fill ya boots might be wave 3 4 aqnd 5 yet with all the doommongers on here 1 life live it as many have found out it can be halted instantly

» Add a new message to this topic